Who Missed Out on the Exclusive Jedi Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
There seems to be a big uproar on these boards about the prices the exclusive Jedi Luke is being listed and/or selling for. I was just curious how many people who are newsletter subscribers didn't get a chance to order one of these?

For the record, I'm a subscriber and I ordered my exclusive using the Flash email I received from Sideshow.

At first I just kept refreshing Sideshow page but nothing changed. At 3:10 pm EST I started getting nervous and checked this board. Luckly enough people started mentioning the flash e-mail. I checked my Hotmail and sure enough it was there. So to you fellow collectors that mentioned it - THANK YOU!

I was out with my folks so I missed out but I'm on the wait list. Either way I'm ok.

I received the "FLASH" email at 8:00 PM eastern time Friday night, it was already long gone. I expressed my anger elsewhere.

Missed it also...was at my moms:banghead ...I'm on the wait list and i've ordered the regular just in case...

Somehow, I didn't receive the newsletter, but I kept clicking the link when I saw other board members had started to order, and I was able to get through. Just placed an order for the regular version for a friend who wasn't able to get his order in as he was at work, but I think that the choice of the exclusive item should soften the blow somewhat for those who didn't get one. I know that for me the blaster isn't a make or break item.

I missed Luke exclusive too as I was not around, but seriously, I don't mind so much. Although it's nice to be able to get the exclusive, I don't think I'm gonna display him anyway with the Skiff Guard blaster. It would look so lame next to all those other much cooler items like the lightsabers and damaged hand. Regular does fine for me.

Actually I think it's smart of Sideshow to do this. An exclusive accessory that is nice to have although not 'essential' enough to make you too sore about it if you didn't get a chance to order.

Got mine through the flash mail. It was slow due to the heavy traffic but.........it worked. Of course, I would rather have had a.............

You know what I'm going to say

That Friday, I just checked the site, and was lucky enough to do so in time. Got the exclusive, and I'm pleased about it. I think the likeness is great. It was but after I had made the order of the exclusive, that I noticed the mail SSC had sent to the newsletter subscribers (Which I received in time also). So for me, everything went smooth. I do feel sorry for all the disappointed collectors out there though. Better luck next time.

Well I missed out on the exclusive version. I didnt get the flash email until late SATURDAY. And the newsletter showed up at 1am on sunday. Thanks a bunch SS. Oh well I did order the regular version. The blaster I can live without I guess.

I was out to eat for my birthday when the preorder popped up, and I got home about 5 minutes after it sold out. To add insult to injury, I didn't get the flash mail until 40 minutes after it sold out :(

But I'm not too bummed...it's just a skiff-gaurd gun.

Doomhammer said:
Sign up for the wait list. There's tons of people who don't care enough for the blaster to spend the extra dough on it.

I missed out. Newsletter didn't come till it was way too late. But, I thought they were both priced the same?
I ordered the regular version, just to have one. Oh, well.... :rolleyes:

I didn't get the e-mail till Saturday either and it was long sold out by then...

I'm on the wait list, if I get one cool...if not, no biggy.

I missed out as well. At first I considered throwing myself from a bridge, but decided to go bowling instead. Six to one, half a dozen to the other.

Michael
MWC

Thankfully I was in chat and got a heads up. My flash came pretty quickly and I ordered pretty easily. But I was going to wait and take my time do to some rumors going around he would be available all weekend. I am so glad I didnt listen to the rumors.

I got the flash email before it sold out, but I ordered through the link on Sideshow's website in the top ten list before they removed Luke from the list.
I actually didn't think it was for sale yet and came here to find out people had already ordered theirs, I didn't notice the info of the Flash email until after I ordered. I just searched around Sideshow's site until I noticed him in the top ten.
Then about three hours later after it soldout I received a second Flash Email for Jedi Luke. :dunno

I was in the chat as well and got the "Flash" email very early on, as there was no mention of it in chat. I ordered the figure smoothly (no slowdown of the site at the time) and did post in chat several times about the "Flash".

Back