SIDESHOW WHAT HAVE YOU DONE..?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always said that there will be someone crazy enough to buy these outrageous auctions. But this time I actually didn't believe it. :horror :horror :horror I'm speechless.

I am amazed and shocked.

I could take half a month off without pay if I sold mine
for that price.

WOW

Star Wars will definitely garner more $ on the secondary than most other lines. Especially if its high quality. Spending an extra $350 for a Skiff Guard gun? well, thats dedicated. For that much moolah, I want the skiff too. the only loser on these are the guys who weren't home for the narrow exclusive pre-order, and really wanted one.

When bidder IDs are hidden and an auction ends with an amount like that, I always have to wonder if it's for real. There are people out there who create false high-ending auctions to drive up the secondary market on items. Either that, or there's one crazy fan out there with money to burn.

While the exclusive is cool, I can't imagine paying $350.00 for the Skiff blaster. :horror I was glad to get the exclusive, and hope to keep being lucky, but if I miss out, I miss out. I hope the bidder is aware that the regular version is still available!

Ironman1188 said:
Star Wars will definitely garner more $ on the secondary than most other lines. Especially if its high quality. Spending an extra $350 for a Skiff Guard gun? well, thats dedicated. For that much moolah, I want the skiff too. the only loser on these are the guys who weren't home for the narrow exclusive pre-order, and really wanted one.

You are so right Ironman. I am not buying the Star Wars line (even though I am a big fan) because I am rebelling against Sideshow for putting the Ape line on the back burner. Since the SS Star Wars is selling like hot cakes I doubt if it makes any diffference to them but it makes me feel like I am making a point:google .

BUT, if I knew I could have gotten that much for the Luke because he had a gun as an exclusive, I would have bought him in a heart beat just to sell him on Ebay.

Dr_Zaius said:
You are so right Ironman. I am not buying the Star Wars line (even though I am a big fan) because I am rebelling against Sideshow for putting the Ape line on the back burner. Since the SS Star Wars is selling like hot cakes I doubt if it makes any diffference to them but it makes me feel like I am making a point:google .

BUT, if I knew I could have gotten that much for the Luke because he had a gun as an exclusive, I would have bought him in a heart beat just to sell him on Ebay.

you act like sideshow is trying to punish ape fans for no reason. face it, the apes line tanked for sideshow. if it was a good seller, you'd see every figure who ever appeared in the films and TV shows, regardless of what new license they had.

this star wars 12 inch line is gonna be a huge seller. they sell 1250 lukes in 2 hours and can't even sell out 666 jason X figures in a few weeks.

I am not buying the Star Wars line (even though I am a big fan) because I am rebelling against Sideshow for putting the Ape line on the back burner.

Ever heard the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face?"

SSC would have LOVED to continue the PotA line, they are huge fans. But if they can only sell them to a few diehard fans it doesn't make sense to use resources in continuing the line.

I think you'll regret missing out of Star Wars 1/6 - it's sure to be their premiere line if Luke is any indication.

Shaihulud said:
I THINK SIDESHOW HAVE JUST CREATED A MONSTER....GUYS ITS GOING TO GET UGLIER AND UGLIER WITH EACH PASSING WEEK....

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Exclu...Z6012967304QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OH my GOODNESS! That is just ridiculous. I can't believe that that's for real. It must be fake to drive up the secondary market. That's not even a legal auction is it? According to Ebay policy, the piece has to be in the seller's hands within 30 days correct? :google

And if it IS for real, and he actually sold it for that amount and already collected on it, what happens if his order gets cancelled for some reason? Like he's a scalper and had his shipping address entered in as something other than his credit card billing address, or his card declines, or something? Someone should email Ebay and let them know that that auction's against their rules.... :sick

SideshowDusty said:
OH my GOODNESS! That is just ridiculous. I can't believe that that's for real. It must be fake to drive up the secondary market. That's not even a legal auction is it? According to Ebay policy, the piece has to be in the seller's hands within 30 days correct? :google

And if it IS for real, and he actually sold it for that amount and already collected on it, what happens if his order gets cancelled for some reason? Like he's a scalper and had his shipping address entered in as something other than his credit card billing address, or his card declines, or something? Someone should email Ebay and let them know that that auction's against their rules.... :sick

based on my past experiences, e bay does not enforce their 30 day pre-sale rule.

captain sack said:
you act like sideshow is trying to punish ape fans for no reason. face it, the apes line tanked for sideshow. if it was a good seller, you'd see every figure who ever appeared in the films and TV shows, regardless of what new license they had.

this star wars 12 inch line is gonna be a huge seller. they sell 1250 lukes in 2 hours and can't even sell out 666 jason X figures in a few weeks.

But...why did the line tank for Sideshow? You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Apes fan than me and I'll be the first to admit they issued TOO MANY figures in too short a time. Other lines go far longer than apes and don't have as many figures out. You can drown in even the best booze.

Let's face it. I don't care what they say, LOTR and Star Wars are the most we'll see for quite a while.
Well, I hope they blowout the rest of the apes real soon!! <hint>

Dusty,

Ebay doesn't take much notice to the pre-sale policy unless they start to get complaints about an auction then ebay will cancel the auction and the seller loses his listing fees but people must report it before the listing ends otherwise there is nothing they can do................................OUT

SideshowDusty said:
That's not even a legal auction is it? According to Ebay policy, the piece has to be in the seller's hands within 30 days correct? :google

You are correct, Dusty. eBay does not allow auctions unless the item will be in the seller's hands within 30 days or they allow the buyer to request a refund. I see no mention of 30 days or refunds in any of these $300+ auctions. I email eBay whenever I get the chance on auctions like this. When the 1/4 exclusive Vader sold out and popped up on eBay, I sent a few emails to eBay and some of those auctions actually got cancelled. It seems like sometimes they respond and other times they don't.

I suggest anyone who wants to help out enforcing the 30 day policy to report those listings to eBay. It seems like they respond best when they receive multiple reports on the same listings.

Back