Mutant Jail updated Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Zaius

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all
I don't have the jail yet because Diorama Dreams is still making it BUT they were kind enough to send some production pics of the jail. I was so excited with it that I had to share it with you.

Last edited:
Hey all
I don't have the jail yet because Diorama Dreams is still making it BUT they were kind enough to send some production pics of the jail. I was so excited with it that I had to share it with you.

I think he accidently double posted, the pics are in the other thread named the same thing. Looks sooo cool btw!

Sorry for the double post. I don't know how I did that but the pics are posted as stated in a different thread with the same title
Sorry for the mesup:banghead

BDboystoys said:
I think he accidently double posted, the pics are in the other thread named the same thing. Looks sooo cool btw!

I love your Batman signature. Especially of the real Batman Adam West running with the bomb. I wish SS would do a line on the 60's Batman. I stated that on one of their chats during Comic Con once and the chatters laughed me off the chat site saying that idea was one of the worst they had ever heard. Maybe we need to do a pool on this site to see if their would be a market.

Love the jail - looks really good!

As for Batman '64 - it's one of the most requested 1/6th lines ever. However from a legal standpoint it just can't be done with Fox owning the show and WB owning the character - they can't even work out the rights to do DVDs.

Dr_Zaius said:
I love your Batman signature. Especially of the real Batman Adam West running with the bomb. I wish SS would do a line on the 60's Batman. I stated that on one of their chats during Comic Con once and the chatters laughed me off the chat site saying that idea was one of the worst they had ever heard. Maybe we need to do a pool on this site to see if their would be a market.

Thanks! My sig was done by a friends on another board, he does some amazing stuff, he a graphic designer. Lol that Adam West thing is just hilarious! For some reason its minimised though. Id love a 12" comic book batman. Cool if sideshow get to do something like that:D

Jail is shaping up great.

Batman. At least I have Captain Action. I modified the pants and made a cloth cape. What else can you do?

Is the jail built for 12" figures? I can't tell whether the figures shown are sideshow ones or not. What kind of material are the walls made of?

Darklord Dave said:
Love the jail - looks really good!

As for Batman '64 - it's one of the most requested 1/6th lines ever. However from a legal standpoint it just can't be done with Fox owning the show and WB owning the character - they can't even work out the rights to do DVDs.

WOW! I thought I was the only one who wanted the TV series Batman. I am glad that you gave me the heads up that I wasn't.
I agree. It is too bad that Fox and WB can't get their act together. The TV series Batman needs to be on DVD. I have some I bought off of Ebay some time ago but some from the original master prints would be ideal.
Maybe one day SS can get one of them to release a license to do the Batman. If it were me I would release a Batman and Robin with removable masks as exclusives. Have Adam West and Burt Ward, the real Batman and Robin, as the heads underneath the masks.

kierbaudy said:
Is the jail built for 12" figures? I can't tell whether the figures shown are sideshow ones or not. What kind of material are the walls made of?
I am having it made for the SS 12 inch line. I don't know what the walls are made of but I know that they are thick and pretty solid.

creecher said:
Jail is shaping up great.

Batman. At least I have Captain Action. I modified the pants and made a cloth cape. What else can you do?

I never had the Batman Captain action. Do you have the original one from the 60's? My buddy has the reissued Green Hornet and the Kato release. I think a Green Hornet and Kato from the TV series would be a good 12 inch item for SS to release sometime.

Yep it is the original one from my childhood. Just before I embarked on my collecting of Sideshow product I gave away my Captain America outfit, because I thought it should go to a real collector. That guy ended up doing the dirty on me, but at least he was a collector.

The Captain Action outfits still hold uptoday, they are great. Captain Action was just slightly smaller than Sideshows figures. The body was nothing but the costumes are superb. It is because of them that I say, 'articulated figures look great in tights'. If you can get a hold of the costumes or re-issues, I thoroughly recommend them. The Kabis Singh costume is my favourite of the ones I now have. I gave away the Phantom costume to a Phantom fan, on the condition he ever wanted to get rid of it I would get first shot.

Thanks for asking Dr Zauis. You have a lot of jealous people checking out your jail, thanks for posting the pics and updates. I'm loving it.

I love Captain Action. He was even more my fave than Joe when growing up. As a big Captain America fan, that was my favorite outfit, even though it came with weapons that Cap would not use. Now I have 2 of the unis but each hasa frayed out sleeve. Great for the post explosion photo but not the pre.
Batman the '66 TV series could make for wonderful figures. With a base issue of Batman, Robin and Batgirl to start and a 2 pack of Gordon and O'Hara as a site exclusive. The many villains would look great ala sideshow and some of them could also have cross genre appeal.
The jail needs a sound chip of Nova standing outside "Tay-lor!" :D

Early Mutant Jail

Hey there Dr! That work from DD looks great. I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. I've been out of the loop for a while but it's good to be back. I can't wait to see the jail when the spiked walls and doors are added. :peace

Back