exclusive or regular figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uulwyn

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I dunno wether I have ocd or somthing, but I am collecting the 1/6 star wars figures, but for some reason I limit myself to only the exclusive figures, when really there is hardly any difference between these and the regular figs, but i am paying premo prices for them. Am I being wise or just plain dumb in buying exclusives only?

Steve

Depends on what the exclusive is. Some of the exclusives are not worth the prices. I say, go standard unless there is something that really catches your eye. If your paying so much more for exclusives, save your moeny and get more figures:monkey5

I dunno wether I have ocd or somthing, but I am collecting the 1/6 star wars figures, but for some reason I limit myself to only the exclusive figures, when really there is hardly any difference between these and the regular figs, but i am paying premo prices for them. Am I being wise or just plain dumb in buying exclusives only?

Steve

I feel the same way. Especially for someone who lives in Canada. The exchange rate can be murder. But I guess it's all about personal preferance. But it is cheaper to go regular because local shops will carry it and you save shipping and/or duties(if you live out of the U.S.A.)

But then some of those exclusive accessories are really cool.

:huh:huh

None of them are going for much anymore.

Yes because regular edition at on line or local shops are privy to price competition

I'm confused. :confused: :lol

I've been lucky enough to get every exclusive that's gone up for preorder. And even though they aren't all great, there's something about getting an exclusive I like. I don't think I'd pay a lot for one on the secondary market though.

I'm confused. :confused: :lol

I've been lucky enough to get every exclusive that's gone up for preorder. And even though they aren't all great, there's something about getting an exclusive I like. I don't think I'd pay a lot for one on the secondary market though.

Yeah your right, there is something about exclusives I like also, and it saves me money in the long term getting these as some figs are few and far between, so i dont buy as many and providing enterbay dont release anymore 24 figures as this makes my bank balance nose dive.

To me it is just plain ^^^^ that uk/european collectors/investors in collectibles dont get a fair shout as P and P is a disgrace tbh, and ill be honest makes me wonder wether to stop collecting sideshow altogether.

I used to be really anal about getting exclusives but then I saw the light and then realized that unless the exclusive was essential to the statue or figure then there really is no point. The PF AHN Leia for example, when I think about Leia on board the death star I always think of the scene where she's hiding around the corner ready to blast that stormtrooper so to me the exclusive makes no sense.

I still buy the exclusives for figures if I can get them initially. Although in the short term (and long term) few have seemed to appreciate.

I was on the Exclusives kick (not only for 1/6 but for PF's as well) but the prices for direct purchase from SSC (especially to get it shipped across the border) put the kaybosh on that pretty quick.

I haven't got an exclusive for awhile-- the Slave Leia PF Exc has me in momentary pause...

so do you think then that exclusives really hold that much extra "value" for the future should you ever sell?

so do you think then that exclusives really hold that much extra "value" for the future should you ever sell?

Some do... But barely. And if you're getting into the hobby to sell later on I'd say forget it.

Collect for life. Invest in beer. :duff

good advice about beer, but the way i see it for 1/6 figures is that they are really fun and great to admire, but if you aquate each figure inc p and p to around £70 + from sideshow, then the question u need to ask is, why bother,if that £70 will be worth £30 in a few years time.

I cannot get my head around why a limited addition figure i.e 3000 worldwide would be worth less as time goes on. It should either hold its value or appreciate slightly not go down in value. Thats why i keep a record of how much each figure cost me.

5 exclusive star wars figures in and i am already £263 inc P&P down which = $374!!!

sniff sniff im in a credit crunch!

I love a great exclusive, like Kit fisto with metal droid head - so, I'll get that. If its lame, like the exclusive clone stand, I'll get the regular one to save money

I cannot get my head around why a limited addition figure i.e 3000 worldwide would be worth less as time goes on. It should either hold its value or appreciate slightly not go down in value. Thats why i keep a record of how much each figure cost me.

Well, to put it simply people lose interest as time goes on. With other things coming out or tastes changing people aren't going to clamour over the same things as much as they did around the time it's released. On top of that 3000 is still a fairly large number and so many folks buy things to sell later or save hoping they'll go up in value. In other words these things aren't scarce. It's extremely similar to the comic book fiasco in the early 90's.

Back