dc direct joker and hot toys joker comparrison.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobamike

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys I want to start a tread that compares the two jokers made by dc direct and hot toys.I just purchased the dc version off ebay real cheap.I dont have any of the batman series figures,so this joker will be my first one.and I would like to see the differences between the two lines.so I hope some of you have them both and will post some pics and your opinions about the two jokers.
thanks for your input.
bobamike

That's understandable that you want to compare, but don't bother to be honest with you. Either the original or Bank Robber HT versions of the Joker are miles a head of the DC Direct version, even though it has an excellect likeness to ledger under that average paint app and horrible hair sculpt. See Les Walker custom thread in the custom section.

I am a fan of the batman line but I dont care to spend big money on the line.thats why I havent picked up any of these before now.I saw a good price on the dc version on ebay,put a bid on him and won! so no I want to see some comparisson pics of the two so I can get an idea of the differences between a $60.00 fig and a $160.00 fig.I plan to repaint and do some custom work to him when I get him.I never leave my figures stock.I think I will add some hair to mine like Les did to his.
this will be the only figure I have from the dk series. the ledger joker is my favorite character from the movie line.

I would like to see the differences between the two lines.so I hope some of you have them both and will post some pics and your opinions about the two jokers.
thanks for your input.
bobamike

dscf3446fb9.jpg

3082812014_055ddba017.jpg
3082851442_3456d5cd1b.jpg

3082851446_149300968f.jpg

3082851434_1a644ac052.jpg

3135463265_a9ebffec12.jpg
3135405051_505240de51.jpg

I like both in their own ways, but thats just me. Being a Batman fan and all.

I don't have the DCD Joker, but I do have their Batman. Here a pic I took to compare the scale and quality of the DCD and Hot Toy's one:
1238093699.jpg

Hot Toys is easily the winner of the two Batmans. The DCD Joker looks better than the Bats, but I still prefer Hot Toys. The DCD Joker looks like he is on stilts.

thats a huge bat. lol quite the scale difference alright. i really liked the dc joker. i think this dc version is the only scanned heath ? not 100 percent on that. but since i have les real hair jokers coming. i took mine apart and used the outfit for my hot toys joker. the coat is much bigger and looks better than hot toys tighter coat. if you hunch the dc joker like he is alot of the time anyways. he looks cooler and not like hes on stilts. either choice. gotta love these heath jokers!

It looks like 14 or 15 inches rather than the supposedly 13" they claim.

It looks like 14 or 15 inches rather than the supposedly 13" they claim.

I just measured it and is a little over 14 1/4". The box even says "Deluxe 1/6 Scale". I don't think Bale stood over 7 feet tall in the costume. The tiny hands they give it look in 1/6 scale though. :rotfl

Last edited:
Yeah, I think DC really screwed up when they didn't do 1:6 scale. They have a lot of figures out that would have been much better and much easier to customize if they hadn't of gone that route.

The MASSIVE scale of the DCD figures works for SOME of teh figures ( Wonder woman, for example, she is an amazon after all)
I've also got their comic book aquaman, he was kinda a gag figure. But for the movie figures... it's really silly. the heads are undersized for the bodies as well in man cases, so with a body swap, and a little tailoring some of them might be salvaged.

Back