Good price for PF Obi and Darth Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avfin

GONK LIVES
Reaction score
Came across a deal for these two figures--
What is the going price for these?
Darth Vader--$320.00 +shipping
Obi----------$275.00 +shipping

Thanks--I was thinking Obi might go for less---but Darth was a good deal i think

oops, I didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag.:duh
Darth is a decent price, he normally goes for over retail, and you get sideshow points to sweeten the deal.:D

hmm, you probably don't get points now that I rethought that through, not really sure.

I'll say pass. Both have been outdone by the 1/6 figures. They look dated on a technical level, you can't pose them. Vader is definitely the better deal of the two, in spite of the secondary market, but it's only $30 off its original MSRP. I'd rather get the fresher 1/6 SSC Vader and put the rest into eFX's eventual TIE fighter.

I put a order in for Vader and Obi so hopefully it goes through. It will go perfect with the Darth Maul PF and Star Wars Leia PF that I just bought last week.

I'll say pass. Both have been outdone by the 1/6 figures. They look dated on a technical level, you can't pose them. Vader is definitely the better deal of the two, in spite of the secondary market, but it's only $30 off its original MSRP. I'd rather get the fresher 1/6 SSC Vader and put the rest into eFX's eventual TIE fighter.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I mean, of course you can't pose them, but they still look great, and their size makes them more impressive than 1/6 scale figures even if the sculpt on the 1/6 scale Obi-wan looks more like Alec Guinness to me. They've held up a lot better than the other early PFs.

Personally I like these PF's. I would buy them if I didn't have so much on order already.

Wonder if I should go back and see if Obi is still around

I think you should, I can't comment much on price, but the Obi has a fantastic sculpt and they make a nice pair displayed together.

I agree with some of that. SSC's 'box damage deals' are no real deals, since the discount is ridiculous. You can often find the items for less $$ on the secondary market, and with an intact packaging too.

Avfin, you really found an outstanding way to bring the express update out in the open, and break the SSC dictate! Right on!!

Good deal if they were exclusives. You can find better deals on these though.

Back