GI Joe Duke custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Although I'm certain that we'll see this guy soon in SSCs Joe line the parts pretty much fell into place and there was no point in not making this one. He's not actually been added to the blog yet so you guys are getting the first look.

And if anyone would be so kind as to point me in a good direction for finding his "wings" medal/badge I'd be very greatful. I'm sol on the one...:cool:

Duke169.jpg

Duke167.jpg

Looks great... only thing is the head doesn't look confident enough for Duke. Its close, but maybe a sculpt with a stern look would work better. Aside from that its perfect... an excellent translation of the character to 1/6 :rock

Very cool custom. I'm hoping when SS puts out a Duke it's more in line with his "Desert Camo" 3rd(?) release figure, since that's a more traditional military look anyhow. I gotta say though, I'm more interested in how Sideshow is planning to "retro-fit" some of the odder, less military looking characters than bland Joes like Flint and Duke.

Looks great... only thing is the head doesn't look confident enough for Duke. Its close, but maybe a sculpt with a stern look would work better. Aside from that its perfect... an excellent translation of the character to 1/6 :rock

He needs the Duke Smirk.

He needs the Duke Smirk.

Mando's version looks good but I agree about the hair/expression. Since 84 Duke won't come with much in the way of complicated gear/accessories hopefully SSC includes two head sculpts for him, one grim and determined and one smiling like the old card art. Smiling head could even be the exclusive.

Nice but the head looks more like Perfect Tommy from Team Banzai.

bb873.JPG

duke3.jpg

And I'm strongly hoping they don't go with that version. ;) That isn't Duke at all IMO.

:lecture :lecture :lecture There's really nothing wrong with the way the OG one looks. I used to use this outfit to make custom October Guard grunts when I was a kid. The red perplexed me even back then. :lol

Nice but the head looks more like Perfect Tommy from Team Banzai.

bb873.JPG

It looks more like Prince William, which is who, I believe the headsculpt is supposed to resemble. But it's a good of what's on hand and it's not like we don't know who he's supposed to be. Any ideas for the backpack?

It looks more like Prince William, which is who, I believe the headsculpt is supposed to resemble. But it's a good of what's on hand and it's not like we don't know who he's supposed to be. Any ideas for the backpack?

Point is it should look more like a manly Duke than a boy Prince. :monkey1

Alright Private. Here's one:

P1010107.JPG

I thought you were going to show us YOUR custom Duke. Guess not. Probably too much work eh General? :p Honestly, between the two, I prefer Mando's headsculpt. This one's kind of like Bruce Willis' retarded brother. I'll give you the outfit though. It's extremely nice as it's been fully realized. However, I deduct a point for being un-American. Where's his flag?! :huh

On a side note, I never got why the paratrooper wings were on the opposite side of where they should be. :confused:

Last edited:
I always thought Duke was a tool but at least this custom has more accurate fatigues and gets points for having a more masculine sculpt with proper flatop.

duke3.jpg

And I'm strongly hoping they don't go with that version. ;) That isn't Duke at all IMO.

Anyone notice he's wearing Luke Skywalker boots/leg wrappings from ANH?The 1 thing I did like about this Duke is the headsculpt. Best headsculpt on any Duke figure, imo. When I got the v4/Desert fatigues Duke as a kid I remember putting the v3 head on it.

Back