The WitchKing's Attakus Collection thus far *UPDATED*.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The WitchKing's Attakus Collection thus far.............

Awesome Danny,:p it didn't take you long to get those did it
were they all from ebay.? Jabber and Boba couldn't have been cheap.:rock :rock :rock :rock

Personal Thoughts.

First off, two statues have not arrived but will be added later. Now for my personal thoughts. I think Attakus is Highly Detailed!!! I acquired these pieces all within the month from ebay and great sellers on the boards. If you have the $$ then do it, if not Gentle Giant is good as well. I just recently saw the GG Chewbacca and it was just WOW!! But lets get back to the attakus subject. They are a lot bigger than I imagined. I have placed a Morgul Lord statue next to some of the poses for size comparison. As far as the statues I have now, I can def. see where the money goes. Once again very detailed, to the drool on Jabba, the bullet holes on Boba's armour, to Darth Maul's white stub in his left ear. All statues are attached to the base which is new for me, unlike most of the Weta pieces are seperate. I do plan on getting a few more if I can find them for good prices before the new line comes out, such as the Royal Guard, Stormtrooper etc. Some have asked, " are you satisfied with the money you have spent on them?" Most Def, otherwise Id go with Gentle Giant. Another reason I went to Attakus is cause I do not plan to get the whole line, just "key characters", they are just too expensive and BIG! I would have no room to put them all. Big Al, if you can afford it, all the power to you and I say do it!!! :rock I have not heard not one Attakus collector complain as of yet, I def. am not one that is going too. :toast

Re: Personal Thoughts.

I dunno.... I guess I just never liked their stuff. It just looks too.... vinyl to me. Seems like most of what they do lacks the detail I've grown used to with Sideshow.

I have only had 2 Attakus pieces. I bought the Carbonite Solo when it first came out and wasn't overly impressed with it. Ended up selling it and never gave Attakus a second glance. That is until I saw a pic of Yoda 2. There was just something about the pose that I had to order it immediately. I am very satisfied with it and the detail is much more amazing and jaw dropping than the carbonite han solo.

Of course, this will likely remain my only piece. Will focus on SS premium format and GG busts and maquettes.

Oxbeard I must admit I have seen the Han in Carbonite and I do agree. It wasnt impressive at all to me. I have not seen the Yoda 2 yet. :dunno

I've never seen Attaus Yoda 2 in person, but by looking at the pictures on the web, GG Yoda Bust looks so much better than Attakus Yoda 2. Seems like GG yoda bust is more detailed.

BTW, that Boba Fett looks GREAT !!! :rock

re

Nice one danny,
love the Bobba Fett, and darth maul, they are 2 of the pieces i want the most. Large scale too, its 1/5th right?
But due to costs i think im going to have to look into GG, would like just a Jawa and Stormtrooper for now i think, could maybe come back to thte rest at a later date. Also quite liking the ships that are coming out, like the slave 2,you ordered that one Danny or any of the other ships?
:p

Re: re

Those Attakus pieces look really good. I especially like the Jabba, but I just can't justify $850+ for him. I'm going to stick with SS and GG.

You have made good choices on the Attakus pieces that you have. Now you just need to get Vader 1 or 2 ($$$$) and Yoda 1 ($$$$) or 2. I love the Maul, Fett, and Emperor that you have as well. Just avoid the human sculpts! I think Han, Luke, etc. look like crap.:puke

Good luck finding a stormtrooper Big Al....they too sell for $800 or so....

Nice collection. I just don't think the Attakus quality justify the high prices, I think GG has a better quality (details, likeness and pose) and is cheaper so , why bother?

Well as I said before, "IF" you can afford, then by all means, go for it..........

re

Like the new pics Danny,
where did you get these all from in one go?
Is the jango a good piece, i think i may end up gettin it to make up for never being able to afford Bobba. is his price going up lately or is it ok to hold off for a month or 2?
Also,is there a summer wave with the prices like the weta statues that are all peaking this season?
sorry about all the questions im just trying to work out all the new pieces i like!
:p

This is by far and away the worst collection I have ever seen, those crappy pics and terrible statues.....ROFLMAO.... and who is the dummy hosting the pics???

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :ted :carrot :carrot :carrot :carrot :carrot :carrot :carrot :carrot :carrot

Just kidding D, looking great!!!!!!!! :toast

Wow! Now I REALLY wish I could afford the Attakus pieces. I love how Boba has a weathered look, and Jango is polished. Congrats on an excellent collection.

No way I could ever afford those. I'm going to spend about 3-4k this year on Sideshow and Gentle Giant. That would give me what, 3 of the good Attakus statues (Vader, Fett, Maul)?:lol :thud

Shame on me!! :thwak How could I forget to thank the Great Azog!!!! Thanks Jeremy! :rock I do appreciate everyone's feedback and comments, a better way to describe them like many of Sideshow's pieces, they are just way better in person than on the screen. But believe me, I will keep up with Gentle Giant and Sideshow's line, I just want a bit of each big company. As far as Code 3, IM VERY TEMPTED, but I must resist. :rock

Never really looked at GG but do have Attakus stuff:
Darth 2
Yoda 2
Boba
Stormtrooper
R2D2
C3PO
Jawa
Luke
Chewi
Obi Wan
Han

It is definitely different from the LOTR polystone.
In most cases 1500 made and that's it.

Nice collection Danny!

Back