PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Luke first 12in!!!

Viking28
11-08-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=110805luke

TheObsoleteMan
11-08-2005, 02:38 PM
The one 12" Star Wars fig I wanted most. Awesome!

Darth Waller
11-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Nice start! I don't have any SS 12 inch figures. How's the quality on these (sculpts, clothing, accessories)?

thamesvalidude
11-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes, excellent! I will be slapping in an order, but could we first have something that nears completion of the Buffy line, with a 12" Giles, please!

Viking28
11-08-2005, 02:44 PM
5 sets of hands!!!!

screamingmetal
11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Fantastic! Any word on what the exclusive will be?
:banana :banana :banana :banana

TheObsoleteMan
11-08-2005, 02:49 PM
5 sets of hands!!!!

Really?! Then I should have no problem pulling off the "You will take me to Jabba now." pose.

Viking28
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
And the shirt will fold down for the Death Star look. 9 figures planned for the coming year!:banana

pordey2
11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Never wanted those stupid dollies, but that picture made me... hmmm - no can't start collect that too...
Very nice choice and tease-shot SS - almost too nice :o

screamingmetal
11-08-2005, 02:53 PM
You know, this will piss off a lot of people who bought the Medicom version recently. Not only that but, this Luke might be out of scale with Medicom Vader. LOL! :D

Alice Adrenochrome
11-08-2005, 02:53 PM
If I'd care about the 12-inch Figures, I'd be excited.

TheObsoleteMan
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
And the shirt will fold down for the Death Star look. 9 figures planned for the coming year!:banana

I hope one of them is old Ben Kenobi.

Protozaius
11-08-2005, 03:03 PM
You know, this will piss off a lot of people who bought the Medicom version recently. Not only that but, this Luke might be out of scale with Medicom Vader. LOL! :D

I would think that Medicom, itself would be the one who is pissed off. Interest in their Star Wars product has just shrank.

I have the first two Medicom offerings and will stop there. Since they BOTH were presents I can't exactly slap them on Ebay.

I sure hope the nine figures will be a nice mix of BOTH trilogies.

Darklord Dave
11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
He'll probably be on the Oz body, but he'll still be out of scale with Medicom Vader. We can displays with forced perspective or something. And perhaps eventually SSC will get around to releasing that least desirable of all SW 12" - Vader.

shaithis77
11-08-2005, 03:10 PM
He'll probably be on the Oz body, but he'll still be out of scale with Medicom Vader. We can displays with forced perspective or something. And perhaps eventually SSC will get around to releasing that least desirable of all SW 12" - Vader.

Probably not. Since Vader and Fett are the least popular characters ever made, you can bet that we don't ever even want to think about making them.

They're just guys in dumb helmets to me...

;)

captain sack

i don't know why vader wouldn't be one of the figures released next year. his outfit and accessories aren't that complicated.

Viking28
Half of the 9 are ROTJ the other half are PT

screamingmetal
11-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Half of the 9 are ROTJ the other half are PT
Cool! I hope one of them is an Endor Rebel Trooper!
:banana

Darth Waller
11-08-2005, 03:17 PM
I bet one will be Palpatine!

Viking28
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Here's my pick for PT: Maul, Anakin(ROTS),Obi (ROTS), Clone Trooper, Qui Gon

screamingmetal
11-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Slave Leia? I seriously doubt, unless they have a new seamless female body!
But I really want a Leia as Endor solder. and an Emperor, and a Lando Skiff Guard! :drool
I hope they don't make Endor Han before ANH Han, that would be a huge blunder.

PT, I'd like Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan ROTS, and one of the Trade Federation alien guys.

Darklord Dave
11-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Is the 1/2 RotJ and 1/2 PT from Brant's chat?

FrankenFan
11-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Didn't think I'd be on borad for these, but from what I read in chat today from Brant, I'm definitely going to be picking some up!

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/glxy.jpg

captain sack
Here's my pick for PT: Maul, Anakin(ROTS),Obi (ROTS), Clone Trooper, Qui Gon

i agree with all except the clone trooper. it would be really cool, but i bet all the armor will make sideshow hold off for now.

i bet a version of padme will be in there instead.

Viking28
Yes the info is from the chat with Brant. There will be a exclusive Luke and price for him is 49.99(dont know if that is the exclusive luke price). One of the set of hands will be blaster damaged hand!

Viking28
11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Your probley right Sack it most likely will be Padme instead a clone trooper.

Hydralisk
11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Jedi Luke? Oh well, they can't all be winners. Can't wait to see what they choose from the PT. Many more interesting design choices to choose from there.

captain sack
11-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Your probley right Sack it most likely will be Padme instead a clone trooper.

when they do make the clones, i hope they don't do like hasbro did and just make one episode 3 version. with paint and helmet variations, the possibilities are endless.:banana

...and all the clones have to have removable helmets with the temura morrison head. :joy

Viking28
11-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Ahh man need to ask if the Clone Troopers will have a high edition number so people will have a chance to get more than one and if there will be a battle damaged ones.

pitchin
11-08-2005, 04:10 PM
are these going to have an edition size like other SS 12" figures or open edition?

captain sack
11-08-2005, 04:16 PM
are these going to have an edition size like other SS 12" figures or open edition?

they're gonna do like master replicas and only make 100 of each figure and have the pre-order while everyone is away from their computers.:horror

i bet they'll make 7500 to 10,000 of each figure.:cool:

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I imagine the exclusive would be one of those nine sets of hands. That is a whole bunch, and different for sideshow to have alternate hands. Other than the hands, I can't think of what the exclusive could be. Endor poncho maybe?

How can you have half RotJ and half PT if there are nine figures? Or is that nine other figures?

My guesses:

RotJ
Luke
Vader
Emperor
Royal Guard (since Kir didn't win, or at least I don't think he did)
Boba Fett

PT
Darth Maul
Qui-Gon
Anakin
Obi-wan
Jango Fett (would have a lot of reuse left over from Boba)

Darklord Dave
11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Remember they want this line to last, so they won't be toploading it with principal characters. I'm betting on at least 3-4 background characters in the first 9.

Sideshow Brant
11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Before you lock in your votes - I believe I said roughly half are prequel trilogy, and half classic trilogy.

Viking28
11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
For some reason I thought you said ROTJ theme for the OT half. O well cant wait!

TheObsoleteMan
11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I imagine the exclusive would be one of those nine sets of hands. That is a whole bunch, and different for sideshow to have alternate hands. Other than the hands, I can't think of what the exclusive could be. Endor poncho maybe? The blaster he shoots at Jabba with or the handcuffs he's wearing when he first meets the Emperor would also be good candidates.

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Oh, 1/2 and 1/2 make much more sense. I couldn't figure out why there were going to be so many RotJ figures in one year. Vader is pretty much the same throughout the films so he could be from any film.

A Palpatine figure with changable hands and head could count for both. Normal face and hands for Darth Sidious (I and II) and deformed head and hands for (III IV V VI) and a set of lightning hands and a cane would finish him off nicely.

Brant (that is so weird to me since I don't know anyone besides me named Brant), will other figures be announced (besides the EU figure) on Friday? Or are you guys going to stick to the usual and we won't know until there is a pre-order or preview up?

Shai
11-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Woo...nine Figures A Year...this Is Going To Cost A Lot.... But Who Cares !!!!!! I Will Own The Whole Goddamn Collection!!!!!!

pitchin
11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
hmmmmmmmmm..........this might be the line that converts me to collecting 12"

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 04:36 PM
From Rebelscum:

-It will come with two lightsabers. One ignited, one not.
-There will be a SS exclusive with an unknown extra accessory.
-Sideshow's head looks more like Mark Hamill than Medicoms.

More information: Yoda is not coming in the first year. The first year was to have a ROTJ theme, but it turned out they had more prequel characters than ROTJ characters. There will be 8 or 9 figures in the first year. The figures will come with features such as leather belts, opening pouches, and detailed accessories. The price will reflect that, at $50 a pop for most figures. Luke will cost $49.99. He comes with 5 different hand styles.

Here is a link to the page which supposedly has a small pic of the face on the bottom of the page:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1499133&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1499133

Jesseawilson
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Well I certainly could fit alot more 12" bendy arm'd dollies then I could 1/4 PF figures........hmmmmmmm............

Jesse

shaithis77
11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/sideshow05.asp

Hardcase01
11-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Of all the cool characters in the SW universe we get this? What a total waste.

JohnyBoo
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I have been waiting for this for a long time, fantastic!!!!!! When can we order?

Viking28
11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
There's that ROTJ theme!!! ahaha Thanks BM and s77 for the link and THAT is why I want to take a tour of Sideshow!!

And o yea that small pic is a picture of their Luke its on the front page of SS right now.

shaithis77
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM

Yeah, since this is going to be the only SW 12" figure we're doing, I can see where you're coming from.

;)

Viking28
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I think its actually a great choice and coming out early 2006!

captain sack
11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Remember they want this line to last, so they won't be toploading it with principal characters. I'm betting on at least 3-4 background characters in the first 9.

they could do only main characters and keep this line going for years.

i'd love a weequay or a nute gunray, but for now, i hope the first year has only main characters.

i don't want to wait 3 years for a qui-gon or a padme or hoth snowspeeder luke.:naughty

captain sack
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM

their first figure had to be either luke or anakin. those two characters are STAR WARS.

i couldn't imagine them launching the line with poggle the lessor or a female tuskin raider.:google

Viking28
11-08-2005, 05:07 PM
:mwaha

Cant wait till Friday and lets not forget we wont have to wait long on Luke to be released so thats another good thing.

Darth Rage
11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I couldn't think of a better figure to start the line with - great choice sideshow! I hope Anakin from episode III is not far behind.

Aerosmith
11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Can't wait to pre-order him! :banana

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 05:10 PM
So is Luke being released around January? If so, great!

That is a cool article. I also have noticed the severed limbs. I love 'em. I've ordered every severed head and arm so far. I hope well get more like a Jango Fett head, etc.

Is it Friday yet? :o

Viking28
11-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Early 2006!!:banana

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Is there a chat log yet? Also, will Luke go up for pre-order the same time as the Star Wars chat starts?

dr2red
11-08-2005, 05:26 PM
I will so be buying Luke. I can't wait to hold him in my hands.
My favorite Character as the first 12 inch

I am in 1/6 heaven

Hardcase01
11-08-2005, 05:57 PM
....Lukes been done. SSt has some of the best and brightest sculptors & designers in the business and are capable of giving us some truly exceptional figures that have never ever been done before.Ever... But we get Luke. :banghead

When I saw the choices for the EU contest, I was excited to see some lesser known but still cool figures as options. I'm sure little luke will be just swell, but I'd really like to see something different/new/unique.

Hardcase01
11-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Dexter Jettster Now that'd be a cool action figure in 1/6th! best damn character in the movies.

Seaward
11-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I am really happy to see that Luke is the first figure out of the gate. I think that the expanded universe poll was to see who, of so many background and oft-neglected characters, should be made. That is to say that the stranger and more unique (and for some, visually interesting) denizens of the SW universe will be coming, hopefully mixed judiciously in with headline characters to keep the line alive for many years to come. I think that Luke is a great headline figure, and a way to get us the first Sideshow 1/6 lightsaber. We could've gotten floppy hat "I want to go to toschii station and bu some power converters!" Luke, but I think this way we get the hero of the original trilogy and a Jedi to boot. I was surprised that it wasn't Vader, since the whole series his story, and I would be curious what the Sideshow price point will be for armored figures. I can only imagine that Vader, Troopers, Fett, Grevious, will have a slightly higher price point due to the amount of unique manufacture. I can't wait to order Luke on Friday!!!
:banana :banana :banana :lightsabe :banana :banana :banana

Seaward
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Just saw your post on Jexter Dettster, and I wanted to let you know that one of the funniest rants I have ever heard was from a friend, irate at the concept of a 50's style diner in the star wars universe, and that Dexter belongs as a replacement to Mel on the TV show Alice. I had never laughed so hard, as someone was so angry over this! That being said, Dexter would need a voice chip, to say "Kamino Sabre Dart, hmmm..." and "Cloners, Damn good ones." I would even get one as a gift for my friend:D

captain sack
11-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Dexter Jettster Now that'd be a cool action figure in 1/6th! best damn character in the movies.

what would you pay for a figure like that? $150? $200?:confused:

sideshow has a nice interview over at rebelscum. they said that a 1/6th general grevious would probably cost $150 because he would have to be a complete head to toe sculpt. dexter would be the same way. they said they won't be making a grevious. so i'd assume dexter would be the same way.

i'm a huge star wars fan, but dexter the last figure i'd want. give me jedi, sith, clonetroopers and 50 versions of padme.:naughty

as for grevious, i hope sideshow will reconsider making figures like him. if hot toys and medicom can sell figures for over $100, i think there are some buyers for a 1/6th general grevious.

shaithis77
11-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Clones, Dex, Vader, Fett.

No love for Kabe?

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/tt1-9/kabe.jpg

captain sack
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Clones, Dex, Vader, Fett.

No love for Kabe?

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/tt1-9/kabe.jpg

no, but i'd take a sabe.:naughty kierra knightely.:naughty

http://www.keirapictures.com/albums/Movies/StarWars/06.jpg

elwood49
11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
what would you pay for a figure like that? $150? $200?:confused:

as for grevious, i hope sideshow will reconsider making figures like him. if hot toys and medicom can sell figures for over $100, i think there are some buyers for a 1/6th general grevious.

What would be the point of an expensive 1/6 figure when you could buy the 1/4 version (that would look infinitely better) for not much more money?

captain sack
11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
What would be the point of an expensive 1/6 figure when you could buy the 1/4 version (that would look infinitely better) for not much more money?

maybe that is the question sideshow asked themselves.

i'd say it would be better because 1/6th is the scale i collect, and i like my figures with articulation......and it would take up less space.

as for it not being much more money, there is a big difference between $150 and the $450 price tag on the 1/4th grevious.

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
He would be about the same price if he was a statue and they can sell those very well. Would I buy a $150 Greivous? Yes. Would I need a loan to get him? Probably. Many people seem to be willing to buy over double that price for the clothed statues known as 1/4 figures :rolleyes:

I sure hope they take their time with Grevious if they ever do decide to make him.

screamingmetal
11-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Because it would be in 1/6 scale silly. :cool:
I wouldn't want a Dexter Jettster, I'm sure that was intended as a joke. But if it was General Grievous in fully articulated 1/6 scale or a perfect furry version of Chewbacca in 1/6, I'd pay up to $200 in an instant. Not many other characters would qualify for the $150-$200 price range.
:lsvader

Oh, and I'd be down for both Kabe and Sebe!

Shai
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Oh, and I'd be down for both Kabe and Sebe!

Padmé,Sabé,and all those other Star Wars ''bébé....''

TheWitchKing
11-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Im giving into the "dollies". I can not resist. November the 11th it is, I will be ordering Luke. :rock

Seaward
11-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Kabe better come with Muftak as an accessory, as a nod to the Kenner line!:D

In all seriousness, I just read about someone willing to pay a premium for Chewie, and I think I had some sort of seizure:google . The thought of Sideshow sculptors putting their talents behind this line is going to be amazing. I was all geeked up for stormtroopers, Vader, jedi, but good sweet lord, Kenner never made a good chewie in any scale. This is going to be amazing, and will be something that lives up to the nostalgia and fondness I think we all share for these stories. I hope if they can't do 1/6 fur, which is pretty likely, Andy Bergholtz can sculpt chewie!:D Even R2-D2 and C-3PO are going to be ridiculous, even as "premium" figures! I hope Sideshow does create these very necessary figures, even though they don't fit the mold for Sideshow 1/6 bodies.

Unless they make an R2 with a fully articulated Kenny Baker inside!

captain sack
11-08-2005, 09:27 PM
i don't want a sculpted chewy. fur can be done. bbi did a cool figure with a fur body in it's 12 inch andromeda line.

if i want a sculpted chewy, i'll stick with the hasbro version, or get the koto statue or the gentle giant statue.

real FUR chewy only!!!:peace

Buttmunch
11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Don't get us all started on the use of real animal hair again :rolleyes: I would prefer a fake fur Chewie though (if do correctly). It would be a easy Bigfoot custom.

Darklord Dave
11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Brock hinted that a sculpted Chewie is a possibility in that rebelscum article. But it will be a real let down if they can't do a hairy Chewie in both 12" and PF.

Hjalmar
11-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't call Luke a let down, but I'm certainly not excited.

I was hoping for a first figure that really had the potential to demonstrate that Sideshow was raising the bar. To me, Jedi Luke is just a guy in robes with a glowing stick. Yeah, I'm confident that we'll get an amazing likeness, but I would have preferred something like a clone or stormtrooper or even Vader. Either that or a character that hasn't had much attention or hasn't been done right in the 12 inch scale. Chewie would admittedly be asking for TOO much right this second, but maybe something like a 12 inch squidhead just to show right off the bat that Sideshow will take on territory that was too collector based for Hasbro.

In other words, Luke seems like a real safe & easy first figure.

Still, there will be plenty more. They can knock my socks off with their Toy Fair display ;)

Hjalmar
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
My guess for exclusive accessory: Both a Jabba's court shirt (standard) and the final duel shirt (limited edition).

Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

What would my secret wish be? Maybe a force lightning zapped head.

Hardcase01
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
....Dexter Jettster is by far and away the best character in any of the movies. Come on SST let's see this 4 armed ginsu maniac made famous shall we!?

Vote Dexter Jettster. The only smart choice left.

shaithis77
11-08-2005, 11:59 PM
You so silly.

BDboystoys
11-09-2005, 12:06 AM
OMG! this couldnt hav happened at a worse time!!! Im currently paying off a replica! OMG i cant miss out on this!!!!!!:confused: :horror :banghead
:google

AHHHHH!!!!!

Great fig btw! I love it! Great first start, but gee sideshow couldnt you have WAITED!!!:wacky :google

Hydralisk
11-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Sabé: definitely in my top five most wanted from this line (Black and Battle versions).

Looks like hopes of a 1/6th Grievous have been all but crushed. I can understand, and almost expected it, but having it confimred is still a bit disappointing. Hopefully things will change a few years down the road. It hasn't been all bad news, though. I like the division into various character classes, and the news that the OT half of the first year will be based on ROTJ is fantastic. All too often Episode VI gets the short end of the OT stick, so its nice to see SSC give it some recognition.

So, it may be a slow start to the line for me, but I'm glad to see so many excited about the upcoming Jedi Luke. I can't wait to see what's next.

creecher
11-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Im giving into the "dollies". I cant not resist. November the 11th it is, I will be ordering Luke. :rock

Welcome aboard Danny.

TheWitchKing
11-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Thank you Creecher. After I finally have given in, my food taste different, the birds are not chirping but singing with each other, everyday life looks more promising. :p

Ironman1188
11-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Yes, excellent! I will be slapping in an order, but could we first have something that nears completion of the Buffy line, with a 12" Giles, please!

Take it as you will....
Brant said that Giles is on the top of their list.
Now....which list.....?

captain sack
11-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Don't get us all started on the use of real animal hair again :rolleyes: I would prefer a fake fur Chewie though (if do correctly). It would be a easy Bigfoot custom.

i didn't mean "real" fur as in "go kill a bear so i can have a furry chewbacca toy":D ...i meant real as in "not sculpted".:peace

i'm no animal rights activist, but i think i'd actually prefer synthethic hair to real hair.

captain sack
11-09-2005, 06:45 AM
My guess for exclusive accessory: Both a Jabba's court shirt (standard) and the final duel shirt (limited edition).

it's the same shirt. he is just not wearing the vest in the final duel.

thamesvalidude
11-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Brant said that Giles is on the top of their list.

I missed that one ironman. Thanks. :D
Does this mean that I will finally be silenced?:rolleyes:
Will my boring mantra of "where's Giles?" be answered?:google
Will I be happy at last?:joy

Nah, but I may have a few moments of passing pleasure, then I'll just whine about Cordelia, The Judge, etc. etc.:o

Collecting is not about completion, it's about habit!!!!:banana

Darklord Dave
11-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Now....which list.....?

The 2012 list....

Buttmunch
11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Anyone heard when Luke will go up for Pre-order?

screamingmetal
11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Anyone heard when Luke will go up for Pre-order?
I'd like to know when too. I've got a lot of stuff I have to do on Friday and I've got a feeling this will sell out fast.

Buttmunch
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Thats what I'm afraid of. :o I hope it won't be another exclusive Han fiasco. As long as it is after 2PM Pacfic time, I'm fine. I'll be at school before that. The pre-order should be around 6PM Pacific to be more fair to those having to work (unless the edition size is huge).

I just have no idea if this will sell out in an hour, day, week, etc. I know its going to be a hit though.

chamildav
11-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm really looking forward to this figure being released and that's more than I can say about almost any 12" SW figure since I had the misfortune of seeing my first Hasbro figure. This is just an incredible license for SSC and a great choice for the first figure announced. I bet they will eventually get around to that Vader guy too. And I bet it will be 13" to 14" tall.
And speaking of betting on an eventual SSC Vader, my Medicom version is currently on eBay. It's a beautiful figure but it would look kind of whacky on display with the upcoming SSC figures.
I also cancelled my Stormtrooper. The SSC version may not be available for a while. But I'm pretty sure I'd rather have three or four Sideshow versions instead of one Medicom for the price. This is going to be fun.

Hjalmar
11-09-2005, 05:22 PM
it's the same shirt. he is just not wearing the vest in the final duel.

I was wondering if someone would tell me that.

I also wonder if, although they may be the same shirt in real life, on a 12 inch figure they may have to be sewn together differently in order to make them both look good. What I mean is would the undershirt have to suffer in order for Sideshow to get the vest right or vice versa.

captain sack
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I was wondering if someone would tell me that.

I also wonder if, although they may be the same shirt in real life, on a 12 inch figure they may have to be sewn together differently in order to make them both look good. What I mean is would the undershirt have to suffer in order for Sideshow to get the vest right or vice versa.

i don't see why it would. medicom made a nice version and it looks great with or without the vest.

if medicom can do it, sideshow easily can.

Darklord Dave
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm sure the exclusive will have that collector friendly edition size of TBD, so I wouldn't worry about it selling out in a day.

And if it does....

captain sack
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm sure the exclusive will have that collector friendly edition size of TBD, so I wouldn't worry about it selling out in a day.

And if it does....

and if it does.......:banghead

:D

i'm guessing the exclusive accessories will be the endor poncho and helmet. wouldn't it be cool if sideshow made the helmet cloth, like dragon, bbi and DiD could do.

Buttmunch
11-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I sure hope its going to be TBD. The whole purpose of the exclusive accessories (in my opinion) was to get more people to order directly through sideshow at their recommended prices. This would make sideshow more money by eliminating the middle man. It wouldn't be very smart to limit Luke to a lot less than the demand. If 1000 people want him, make no less than 900. Sure in a perfect world there would be one (or two) for every collector that wanted one.

Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD! Please be TBD Please be TBD :bow

wookilar8
11-10-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm very optimistic that the 1/6 scale line will rock. However people are saying that the itsy-bitsy photo of Luke looks awesome. I think are exaggerating just a bit here. These not much to be seen in that photo. On Friday we'll all be able to finally view this great collectible figure.:joy

bluesparrow
11-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Hey guys, noob question, I've heard that the only place to get Sideshow figures will be through the Sideshow site from now on, or stores that order direct from Sideshow's site at their retail prices. Is that true? If it is I might as well preorder the exclusive, if not I might wait for the regular release(the exclusive features discussed sound cool, but not something I necessarily care about - I'd never have Luke in the Endor poncho and helmet, or holding the bone).

Darklord Dave
11-11-2005, 02:33 AM
They've said that the Star Wars line will be available through traditional Sideshow dealers. So check the dealers section - they'll all surely be carrying the non-exclusive versions.

creecher
11-11-2005, 02:49 AM
I missed that one ironman. Thanks. :D
Does this mean that I will finally be silenced?:rolleyes:
Will my boring mantra of "where's Giles?" be answered?:google
Will I be happy at last?:joy

Nah, but I may have a few moments of passing pleasure, then I'll just whine about Cordelia, The Judge, etc. etc.:o

Collecting is not about completion, it's about habit!!!!:banana

You have a habit bad Thames, and sooo clean too.

bluesparrow
11-11-2005, 02:52 AM
They've said that the Star Wars line will be available through traditional Sideshow dealers. So check the dealers section - they'll all surely be carrying the non-exclusive versions.

Thanks Dave! Also thanks for pointing out the dealer's page, I've been googling a lot lately as I try and come up to speed with this scale.

Link
11-11-2005, 03:43 AM
I'm very tempted to get the Jedi Luke, I was just wondering though, if the character appears in the 12 inch line is it unlikely that we would see them done in 1/4?

Darth Waller
11-11-2005, 06:20 AM
That would've been a good question for yesterday's chat, but we got multiple questions about when the first figure would be announced and who it would be. :banghead

There is a chat with Matt Falls at 2:30-3:00 PM PST today, so maybe the question could be asked then.

Buttmunch
11-11-2005, 06:34 AM
The figure will go up between 12:00 and 18:00 Pacific Time. Now that I've said it, Shhhhhhh! Hope this helps you guys too, but remember the more that know it, the less time there is for you to get it. So I recommend keeping it fairly seceret (it is on Sideshow's site though).

Good luck and may the Force be with us all! :D

Polystoner
11-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Once it goes up on Rebelscum and JediDefender, it will be all over. No secret any longer...

JohnyBoo
11-11-2005, 08:03 AM
I think Luke will last a couple of days. No guarantees of course. I will call the order in if I have to.

Darth Rage
11-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Dusty said in chat last night the ES was TBD and that it should last through the weekend. But I'll be ordernig mine today none the less!:banana

Michael Crawford
11-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Yes, I'm sure they haven't set the edition sizes on these yet - they're smart enough to see what happens over the course of the first two or three days. They might have a top end number already in mind, but they probably have some flexibility.

Michael
MWC

chamildav
11-11-2005, 10:24 AM
I expect I'll get my order in today also. It's not that I'm expecting an instant sellout but I do want to be early ordering and just not have to sweat it down the line. Maybe it will help on the shipping order too.

Chicky
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Jedi Luke Exclusive will be posted with an edition size and limited to one piece per customer and the regular offering's edition size will be listed a TBD.

I would suggest that anyone interested place your pre-orders as soon as possible for the exclusive.
Best,
Chicky

Seaward
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Why wasn't Luke offered to newsletter members first? I know this isn't the way every figure is handled, but it would have been nice for those of us who are dedicated fans to get a little bit of an inside edge...
I know I am just whining though,

Best of luck to everyone who wants a Luke today!

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm sure once it came out in the newsletter, it would have been spread on the internet as well.

captain sack
11-11-2005, 12:54 PM
i'm not 100% happy with this figure. what's with the semi-open mouth? and the boots look like they are re-used from the red baron.

and the exclusive pistol is just lame. i guess sideshow will be releasing this same figure with an endor poncho and helmet later on?:rolleyes:

would it of been so hard to make the ultimate jedi knight luke and toss in a poncho, helmet, skull and handcuffs?

PsychoCenobite
11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Can this be ordered yet? :confused:

Looks a bit camp in that picture! :D

PsychoCenobite :banana

Viking28
11-11-2005, 12:58 PM
You guys are joking right?????? He looks awesome this is only ONE picture

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Sculpt looks dead on for Luke in Jedi.

Now hurry up and let us order him.

captain sack
11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Can this be ordered yet? :confused:

Looks a bit camp in that picture! :D

PsychoCenobite :banana

yea, he does look like he's saying in a lispy accent, "are yous talking toos me?" still despite my reservations about the open mouth, i just pre-ordered him. $58 including shipping....my first sideshow pre-order, despite the lame accessory.:o

Gruson
11-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Looks good.

Yes, you can order.

Darth Waller
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM
How? :confused:

NEVERMIND. :)

tomandshell
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Got my order in!!! Check your email for a Sideshow newsflash. If you aren't subscribed to the newsletter...shame on you!

captain sack
11-11-2005, 01:07 PM
You guys are joking right?????? He looks awesome this is only ONE picture

in some of the photos he looks like he has joker lips.:google

Darth Waller
11-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I actually got the email this time. Order placed.

Greedo
11-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Can someone PM me his item #??? :banghead No newsletter yet!

captain sack
11-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Got my order in!!! Check your email for a Sideshow newsflash. If you aren't subscribed to the newsletter...shame on you!

i haven't got the newsletter yet. did mara jade pull off an upset comeback?:D

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Haven't got the newsletter yet either, someone hit me up with a PM PLEASE :D

Polystoner
11-11-2005, 01:18 PM

Man! I never get my newsletter till early Saturday morning!
Damn!

rockit13
11-11-2005, 01:18 PM
is anyone else not seeing the order page? i keep refreshing the page and i ge the same picture.

TheObsoleteMan
11-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Man! I never get my newsletter till early Saturday morning!
Damn!

Same here.

DVD Connoisseur
11-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Manage to bag this bad boy around 8.05 - was just passing the computer in the stages of moving some furniture when the e-mail popped up.

Looks like it's going to be a good 'un! Amazing likeness!:banana

screamingmetal
11-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Go to Sideshow's website, on the main page on the right hand side there is the most popular products list, Jedi Luke Exclusive is #6 last time I looked. Click on that item and it should bring you to the product page, now place an order. Easy.

Chicky
11-11-2005, 01:30 PM
uh uh uh. We have removed that. Newsletter members get about an hour jump on pre-orders!

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Got my newsletter and got the order placed :joy

Polystoner
Go to Sideshow's website, on the main page on the right hand side there is the most popular products list, Jedi Luke Exclusive is #6 last time I looked. Click on that item and it should bring you to the product page, now place an order. Easy.

Interesting, doesn't show up anymore. SS is on ball stopping all these "leaks".

PsychoCenobite
I can't order! :sick

Can't find it on the site and it isn't showing as 6th on the Popular Products! :sick

Can someone PM me the link?! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :horror

LOTRFan
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Got it! :banana

PsychoCenobite
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM
uh uh uh. We have removed that. Newsletter members get about an hour jump on pre-orders!

My news letter still isn't here!

I usualy don't get them until early morning UK time! :sick

PC :banana

captain sack
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I can't order! :sick

Can't find it on the site and it isn't showing as 6th on the Popular Products! :sick

Can someone PM me the link?! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :horror

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=21041&source=111105flash

screamingmetal
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Then will my order be canceled? I used that method to place my order. I received my flash email but I didn't check my email first, I just went to the Sideshow site and ordered.

TheObsoleteMan
11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
This kinda sucks for the fans who don't get their newsletter in a timely fashion.

Mutant Enemy
11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
My order is in! Looks Great!!!!

Polystoner
11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
This sounds fun for an accessory:
Femur bone from Rancor battle

PsychoCenobite
11-11-2005, 01:55 PM
I've ordered my first 'dolly'! :banana :D

:peace

PC :horror

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Limited Edition of 1250

Darklord Dave
11-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Their server is getting slammed. This is as bad as the Gondorian helm collection.

Good bye Luke... so will it be 3 hours or 6 before sell out?

TheObsoleteMan
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Got my order in, thank goodness.

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Does anyone elses order page on sideshow show the jedi order as "new"? My Jason X from a couple weeks ago shows "order placed" :confused:

screamingmetal
11-11-2005, 02:17 PM
They always say new when you first place a new order.

Polystoner
11-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Does anyone elses order page on sideshow show the jedi order as "new"? My Jason X from a couple weeks ago shows "order placed" :confused:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. As soon as you place the order, it shows new on the status. As long as you have an order number that begins with "T" you should be okay. (At least, that's what customer service told me once on the phone).

The "New" will change to "Order Placed" later. In my experience, it is less than 24 hours, usually a lot less.

chamildav
11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Super slow. But my order is in also. And I'm thinking I was dead wrong about this not selling out in less than a day. That was one busy server. 1250 is a fair amount for an online exclusive. Still happy I placed my order today.
This is going to be a very big license for a collectible.

Welsh Wizard
11-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Just got my order in...

Went strait in so it must be slowing down now...:D

WW :Wizard

Seaward
11-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Just got my e-mail newsflash, almost an hour and a half after I ordered. Very happy I was able to get one though! Yay! And I am also glad that the exclusive isn't a deal-breaker. The blaster is cool, but if I missed the blaster, I don't think I would lose any sleep over it..

Collector Freak
11-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I was probably one of the first to order. :joy

:o

BDboystoys
11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
O screw it! Im preordering it!:D :D GREAT figure!!!!!! hey! mayb he will look ok next to medicom vader. My Vader is 320mm and Luke is 304mm...wot you think? although he definately to small...vader i mean

wookilar8
11-11-2005, 03:11 PM
in some of the photos he looks like he has joker lips.:google
I think you should go watch Jedi again. This is exactly how Mark looked in that movie. The problem is that we remember him better in A New Hope, thinner and younger. Also before his accident.:banana

Buttmunch
11-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Just got my order in, but it said that the ecoupon from last week's podcast was invalid although it expires today. :confused:

wookilar8
11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Just got my order in, but it said that the ecoupon from last week's podcast was invalid although it expires today. :confused:
E-coupons are only for stock items.

Buttmunch
11-11-2005, 03:18 PM
OK thanks. It would have been nice though, only $48 bucks :o

I just noticed that Sideshow spelt Wookiee wrong. They have it as wookie. Do I win a prize? :D

Customikey
11-11-2005, 03:21 PM
It's 5PM and I'm so stoked I got my order for the exclusive in. I'm willing to fork over the extra doe for the blaster, since it also came with the original Jedi Luke toy from 1983. That makes me happy.

Rancor bone? eh. But there's just too much that is awesome about this figure to even think about complaining. They've obviously been thinking about this for a while!! I don't think we've seen this many hand sets for one figure ever! Gives me hope for a "stump" for an ROTJ Vader.

I wasn't going to get this, but it is too well done to pass up. I've been daydreaming about SSC getting the 1/6 license for a long time, and if Luke is a sign of things to come, I'm going to be a very very happy fanboy.

BRAVO, SIDESHOW!!!!!!! :wacky

Customikey
11-11-2005, 03:24 PM
since the Sideshow Veeps read this, I guess I'll mention that the pants look a tad baggy and the vest could be tighter.

Couldn't resist.

BDboystoys
11-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Ye this figure is extremely nice! And very accurate of Luke in ROTJ and after the accident. GREAT JOB SIDESHOW!!!!

I cant WAIT for more in the line!!!

old obi wan
HAN SOLO!!!
Princess Leia!
Droids!
ahhhh I love you Sideshow...:D

wookilar8
11-11-2005, 03:28 PM
I just noticed that Sideshow spelt Wookiee wrong. They have it as wookie. Do I win a prize? :D
This isn't Marvel where they use to award no-prizes for their mistakes.:D

They also misspelled License To Kill on both their releases, they spelled it Licence.:google

EVILFACE
11-11-2005, 03:35 PM
since the Sideshow Veeps read this, I guess I'll mention that the pants look a tad baggy and the vest could be tighter.

Couldn't resist.

Possible this could still be a prototype pics and may still have a bit of tweakin' left.

Customikey
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Possible this could still be a prototype pics and may still have a bit of tweakin' left.

Yeah, that's what I think, too. I can't wait to see the final product. I'm so glad we got through that rotocast head experiment before this line starts.

bluesparrow
11-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Great looking figure, but I think I'll wait for the regular edition, don't care too much about the extra blaster.

Viking28
11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Exclsuive is now sold out!!

screamingmetal
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM

Couldn't resist.
Yeah I think the the pants look baggy too. I don't have a problem with the vest though.
But there is something odd about the face, it looks like Mark Hamill but I don't like the expression, he looks just like when the Emperor told him that the Rebel fleet is lost and his friends will not survive. :(
Not the bad ass Jedi look I was hoping for.

wicket87
11-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Damn I left for 2 hours, I come back and the damn exclusive is sold out. Oh well...

Customikey
11-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Just under the wire. Phew!

Don't worry, man. The exclusive is going to show up on eBay en mass, I'm sure. Wait a bit, and you'll probably snag one for $35.

TheObsoleteMan
11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Gone in less than a day, wow!

captain sack
11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I think you should go watch Jedi again. This is exactly how Mark looked in that movie. The problem is that we remember him better in A New Hope, thinner and younger. Also before his accident.:banana

i've seen it recently, and i have a cool computer with a cool search engine with limitless ROTJ pics. and while luke may have made this expresion in the film, it's not what i'd want on a sculpt. unless a company is gonna include an alternate head, i'd prefer all my figures to have closed mouths.

Bonehead15
11-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Sad and pretty pathetic that not all newsletter subscribers got a chance at the exclusive.

That's pretty poor customer service IMO. Nice way to start out a new line SS. This one is a real winner.:rolleyes:

Customikey
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Keep in mind that the paint job will make him look different as well. For better or for worse.
I doubt the mouth will look quite so much like it should have a cigarette stuck in it by January.:sick

Polystoner
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Their server is getting slammed. This is as bad as the Gondorian helm collection.

Good bye Luke... so will it be 3 hours or 6 before sell out?

Well, check @6:14 and it was sold out (oops, looks like it sold out just before 6:00). When did it start exactly? Anyway, more like 3 hours...

captain sack
11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
......now speaking of open mouths and expresion heads, wouldn't it of been really cool if sideshow had included an alternate head, or made this head the exclusive version........

Customikey
11-11-2005, 04:23 PM
That face would have been sweet!
Still happy. :banana

wookilar8
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
i've seen it recently, and i have a cool computer with a cool search engine with limitless ROTJ pics. and while luke may have made this expresion in the film, it's not what i'd want on a sculpt. unless a company is gonna include an alternate head, i'd prefer all my figures to have closed mouths.
Your reacting like he's yawning. His lips are slightly apart, very natural looking. And also, nobody's knocking your computer. I'm sure it's great!:rolleyes:

Buttmunch
11-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I think we just set a record for a sidshow exclusive with that high of a limited edition and it still sold out within 3 hours :google This line is goint to be HOT! Has Leia even sold out yet?

I guess these aren't coming with stands? Oh well, I don't care as long as he can stand fine on his own.

screamingmetal
11-11-2005, 04:35 PM
And why couldn't we have a Endor Helmet and poncho or just an alternate head with helmet? Sideshow said they were not going to double dip. But I think we can expect that version as the next San Diego Comic Con exclusive. :rolleyes:
Whatever that 12" Star Wars exclusive will be for the con, you can expect it to sell out even faster then this one. :google

Customikey
11-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh God, no. Please don't mention the con exclusive thing. It's to heart-rending to think about. I can't go. :horror

TheObsoleteMan
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
It should be pandemonium when they make Darth Maul or Boba Fett, those'll probably sell out in about 20 minutes.

Buttmunch
11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Don't even speak of comic con. If sideshow knows whats good for them, they will stay away from having any more SW comic con items. I imagine the exclusive editions are going to go up, at least 2,000 now. I'm kinda surprised this wasn't limited to 1138.

One of Nine
11-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Sad and pretty pathetic that not all newsletter subscribers got a chance at the exclusive.

That's pretty poor customer service IMO. Nice way to start out a new line SS. This one is a real winner.:rolleyes:

Get the regular edtion which is up for sale, no big deal just doesnt come with the skiff gun which is nutting special.

tomandshell
11-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Did anybody else make $62,500 this afternoon? Some of us are in the wrong business... (Of course, I know that credit cards don't get charged until shipment, but you know what I mean.)

Bonehead15
11-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Get the regular edtion which is up for sale, no big deal just doesnt come with the skiff gun which is nutting special.

It's a big deal to me.

Does this mean I can have yours? It's obvious from your response that you don't want your exclusive Luke. :rolleyes:

Didn't SS learn anything from the previous Star Wars preorders? Didn't they know that this piece would be in high demand? They could of at least let the edition size open for at least 24 hours so all the newsletter members could purchase the exclusive.

I still haven't even received the newsletter with the link that was suppossed to of been mailed thismorning. I've used the same email address for the last 6 years so SS can't use the "SPAM excuse." I've never had a problem with the newsletter before.

Aerosmith
11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I got the Exclusive ordered! Can't wait! :banana

Welsh Wizard
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
I just want thank ??? for his link....:bow (u know who you are)

Or I would never have got him, as it was just now that I had the email from SS for the pre-order :banghead

WW :Wizard

MiskatonicNick
11-11-2005, 05:36 PM
since the Sideshow Veeps read this, I guess I'll mention that the pants look a tad baggy.

LOL, well, it is a Sideshow 12" figure afterall ;)

My main concern (other than the usual ones of neck have full range of movement and no gloss finish on the skin!) is with the wrist pegs. Fingers crossed Sideshow have made some tweakings here because they're (i) not that big and (ii) not that strong... and with all those pairs of hands I fear snappings.

Nick

Customikey
11-11-2005, 05:51 PM
A thought on glossy skin-

Get a spray can of clear matte varnish. I use Citadel Color. A few light coats will take care of the glossiness. I did this with Buffy and Willow's bodies because of the exposed sections, and it worked great. The only downside is that you lose the glossiness on the eyes and mouth. Then you have to break out the clear gloss acrylic and a tiny paintbrush. It's worth the effort if the shiny skin really bothers you, though.

BDboystoys
11-11-2005, 06:09 PM
holy mother of Bejebus!!!
:google :google
That sold out so fast! Dam I wanted the exclusive(not that great but I wanted it) Um Sideshow WHY was the exclusive so small?? I mean its obvious EVERYONE will get one, maybe like afew thousand. O well no blaster for me...:sick

LOVE THE FIGURE THOUGH!!!!!

Customikey
11-11-2005, 06:24 PM
If everyone got one....it wouldn't be exclusive, now would it?!

But really,wait a bit after release and I'm sure most will be able to snag one off of ebay for less than retail.
Of course, I'm not so sure that I didn't pre-order, but still...I'm willing to bet that scalpers are going to be hosed on this figure. :joy

Darklord Dave
11-11-2005, 06:30 PM

That's pretty poor customer service IMO. Nice way to start out a new line SS.

There are far, far more than 1350 newsletter subscribers so not every subscriber would have a chance anyway.

I didn't really expect it to sell so fast though, glad I had the patience to wait through the long server lags.

oxbeard
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
It's a big deal to me.

Does this mean I can have yours? It's obvious from your response that you don't want your exclusive Luke. :rolleyes:

Didn't SS learn anything from the previous Star Wars preorders? Didn't they know that this piece would be in high demand? They could of at least let the edition size open for at least 24 hours so all the newsletter members could purchase the exclusive.

I still haven't even received the newsletter with the link that was suppossed to of been mailed thismorning. I've used the same email address for the last 6 years so SS can't use the "SPAM excuse." I've never had a problem with the newsletter before.

Never ceases to amaze me. SS gets damned for TBD edition sizes and the get damned for announcing an ES when the preorder goes up. How are they supposed to win?

The late newsletter is nothing new. People have griped about that ever since the Exclusive Han PF sellout. The lesson to be learned there is that Dave puts a clickable banner at the top of the SW forum as soon as (or pretty close to it) the item goes up for sell. That's what I waited on. I didn't get my newsletter until after the sellout and my wife still hasn't gotten her newsletter yet. But I got my order in plenty of time because I knew to check the board first on something this important.

Customikey
11-11-2005, 07:21 PM
But I got my order in plenty of time because I knew to check the board first on something this important.

Too right. This is the first place I go to find out anything SSC.

The Josh
11-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Dang guess if I want the exclusive I'll have to get on the wait list.

Greedo
11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Dang guess if I want the exclusive I'll have to get on the wait list.

Or eBay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sideshow-Exclusive-Luke-Skywalker-12-with-Blaster_W0QQitemZ6012967304QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

:horror :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror

The Josh
11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
The wait list will be ok with me.

TheWitchKing
11-11-2005, 08:53 PM
SS gets damned for TBD edition sizes and the get damned for announcing an ES when the preorder goes up. How are they supposed to win?

So true Oxbeard, I feel for Sideshow. They just cant win, double edged sword. Im sure they have gotten used to it by now.

BDboystoys
11-11-2005, 09:06 PM
OMG! that ebay sale!! he wants $400 for it! it only JUST sold out!

Viking28
11-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Man damned if they do and damned if they dont sheesh.
I guess its just me I know if there is something I want and it goes up for sale on a certain day I dont wait for no newsletter. I start checking the SS site, this site and others cough AZOG's site cough!!

FlyAndFight
11-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I think I was lucky enough to be one of the first to receive the "Flash" email earlier today, as the order went through quickly and smoothly and I was in the chatroom and no one else had mentioned anything.

The figure looks amazing, period. The only negative is the "exclusive" blaster. I would have really liked to have seen something a little bit more significant, especially since the regular release will most probably be available later on for around $30 bucks. (Based on previous 12" exclusive/regular figure releases such as my exclusive Eddie Rickenbacker...)

My guess is that one of the 9 scheduled figures for this year will be a Skiff Barge Guard... ;)

Hardcase, you had me in stitches, my friend. That Dexter character has got to be the lamest Lucas creation since Jar-Jar. :duh

LOTRFan
11-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I still haven't gotten my "flash" email, I was just (admittedly) lucky to be on the boards at the right time. :google

Buttmunch
11-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Frankly I'd be fine with Sideshow adjusting the limited edition to say 1500 and let us who ordered the first 1250 get free shipping and a Star Wars Key chain (sorta like they did with Dr. Doom) or something. I honestly could care less about the edition size (I know some of you do though). This way 250 more people on the wait list could get an exclusive Luke. What do you guys think about this?

I hope Sideshow's next exclusive figure will be TBD for at least a day and then have the edition set. IMO an exclusive is a figure or edition only available from one place (Sideshow). Since most people would want Sideshow's version, let the edition be bigger for the exclusive and smaller for the standard. This way, more fans can get one, and Sideshow makes more money.

FlyAndFight
11-12-2005, 10:09 AM
I just noticed a glaring omission with this figure's release. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a figure stand included in this one. If not mistaken, most if not all of Sideshow's other 12" lines have a figure stand for their figures. I can't believe they didn't include one. Big let-down.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of 12" Lukes cried out in horror as they performed shelf-dives...

TheObsoleteMan
11-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Hadn't even noticed the lack of a stand, glad I have an extra.

show73
11-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Just got my newsletter, what do you mean SOLD OUT already
:rolleyes:
Thanks to some great guys I got my order in.
:banana :banana

Ironman1188
11-12-2005, 10:40 AM

Lucky you.

hairlesswookiee
11-12-2005, 10:44 AM
awesome!!! i go on vacation for a week, only to get home and find out that i missed my chance to get the exclusive order.... oh well i got on the wait list maybe ill get lucky.

Sideshow Q
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
A figure stand will be included with Luke.

Q

Greedo
11-12-2005, 11:34 AM

Q

Great to hear! Thanks :D

oxbeard
11-12-2005, 12:25 PM

Q

Yeah outstanding news. I wondered why it wouldn't, of course it wasn't going to stop me from getting the figure :D

But I'm definitely glad to hear we will get one :banana

oxbeard
11-12-2005, 02:52 PM

Hey my wife just got her flash newsletter at 4:27 est. LOL

Bonehead15
11-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Never ceases to amaze me. SS gets damned for TBD edition sizes and the get damned for announcing an ES when the preorder goes up. How are they supposed to win?

For the record, I've never once complained about an edition size. As far as I'm concerned they could make 3,000,000 and I wouldn't care. I don't collect for profit like some people. Not that I am saying you are but I see countless post about people scalping/reselling/whatever you want to call it.:rolleyes:

oxbeard, if you can find one post where I complained about an edition size I'd like to see it. Look hard cause you'll never find one.

I guess next time a Star Wars 1/6 figure comes out I'll have to call in sick to work.

Thanks SS for showing loyalty to a customer who has supported you since the begining. :rolleyes:

Bonehead15
11-12-2005, 03:00 PM
There are far, far more than 1350 newsletter subscribers so not every subscriber would have a chance anyway.

I didn't really expect it to sell so fast though, glad I had the patience to wait through the long server lags.

Posting the link on every toy figure website didn't help either SS.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I thought newsletter subscribers got first shot at exclusives??:confused: Having affiliates post the link before subscribers got a chance to order is complete B.S.

oxbeard
11-12-2005, 03:18 PM
oxbeard, if you can find one post where I complained about an edition size I'd like to see it. Look hard cause you'll never find one.

My comment wasn't solely directed at you even though I did quote one of your replies. There have been several complaints about the quick sell-out from a variety of people and on a variety of boards.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post but

They could of at least let the edition size open for at least 24 hours so all the newsletter members could purchase the exclusive.

sounded an awful lot like a complaint to me. Again, sorry if I was wrong.

But my point is still the same, the NL is unreliable by nature (too many uncontrollable variables with delivery). Checking the boards or Sideshow's site regularly for that matter is much more reliable.

Darklord Dave
11-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Having affiliates post the link before subscribers got a chance to order is complete B.S.

As an affliliate I have to disagree with that. They did do that once (I forget the item) and we affiliates rose up and cried "foul." And after the first person orders it's going to get out, whether it's from affiliates or fellow fans.

I was a little surprised by the low ES for the exclusive, but I have a suspicion that they are trying to make Star Wars a little special and generate some buzz. Han was the first SW PF with an exclusive and people were talking about that quick sellout for a long time.

FlyAndFight
11-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Q

That is FANTASTIC news! Thank you, Sideshow Q! :banana

creecher
11-12-2005, 06:58 PM
At this rate they can have them shipped direct from China saving valuable warehouse space. That wont happen though, just a weak joke.

There's quite a few releases that don't come with a stand,btw.

tomandshell
11-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Somebody refresh my memory: Does Luke actually hold or fire the skiff guard blaster during the battle over the sarlaac pit? I just can't remember.

Daveyjaro
11-12-2005, 11:50 PM
As an affliliate I have to disagree with that. They did do that once (I forget the item) and we affiliates rose up and cried "foul." And after the first person orders it's going to get out, whether it's from affiliates or fellow fans.

I am an affiliate too, and I disagree with that statement. Sideshow promotes their Newsletter as a special service to allow newsletter members to order items FIRST!!

Here's a quote from my newsletter:

"Newsletter members are getting the first chance to order our first 12-inch Star Wars Figure: Jedi Luke Skywalker Sideshow Exclusive!"

If this is a true first chance, the order page should only be available to newsletter members. Something can be done to ensure this happens, but it would take some security. Frankly, if an affiliate posts the banner before newsletters are delivered, the statements that Sideshow makes that newsletter members get first chance is a total falsehood.

If Sideshow wants to do something really cool, make an order page that only will accept a newsletter members order (check email address or something) and have this link available for a day or two. then release the regular order link to the general public. Very fair, and then all this debate would end. Truly, you can not be serious if you say the current system is fair.

And I have to watch some MF scalper on ebay selling something he does not want, makes me sick!!!!

BDboystoys
11-13-2005, 12:22 AM
WOW. I cant believe the negativity on the OSW board, I thought it would be loved, but apparently not.:confused:

Oh well I LOVE IT, The only thing sidehsow should change is the high eyebrows, and mayb the mouth but Im not fussed about that.

TheObsoleteMan
11-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Somebody refresh my memory: Does Luke actually hold or fire the skiff guard blaster during the battle over the sarlaac pit? I just can't remember.

Nope. He only has it for a moment in Jabba's palace.

tomandshell
11-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Thanks! Couldn't remember.

Bonehead15
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM

I was a little surprised by the low ES for the exclusive, but I have a suspicion that they are trying to make Star Wars a little special and generate some buzz. Han was the first SW PF with an exclusive and people were talking about that quick sellout for a long time.

So Dave what your saying is that SS's policy of newsletter subscribers getting first chance at placing preorders is nothing but a pile of PR B.S.? :confused:

With your thinking, then you don't even need the newsletter. So why doesn't SS just get rid of it all together??? Customers can just buy from the affilate links. Correct?? :confused:

Daveyjaro
11-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Good points Bonehead! I as an Affiliate do not want to take advantage of the limited Exclusive Rush, it is supposed to be for Newsletter Members, not for me to make a dime off of it. Regular edition commission or Exclusives that don't sell out with 24 hours are fine, my conscience is clear. I just don't think posting a banner before the newsletter reaches everyone is the right thing to do, but that is my opinion on fairness.

I really think there is a problem with the perception that the Newsletter Pre-order is non-existent. Sideshow should change how these exclusives are pre-ordered. If you offer newsletter members a chance to pre-order, you MUST give it to them. Everyone who gets their newsletter after a hard days work at the office Friday night, clicks the link and sees "SOLD OUT" has a right to be extremely angry.

Darklord Dave
11-13-2005, 11:03 PM
I just don't think posting a banner before the newsletter reaches everyone is the right thing to do, but that is my opinion on fairness.

So all the people that don't get their newsletter immediately should just go without?

I think one of the advantages of being a member of a board like this is that you find out about stuff like this. There are far, far, far too many newsletter members that don't care. Here is where the concentration of fans lies.

Protozaius
11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
I have NEVER relied on the newsletter for something this important to my collection.

I always rely on you guys.

And thanks to my fellow "Post"ers, I got in on the Luke Exclusive!

JohnyBoo
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I also depend on the board for important info such as ordering exclusives, the newsletter is at times too unreliable. The chat is expecially helpful.

Seaward
11-14-2005, 05:58 PM
I see both sides of the newsletter/affiliate debate. I think that if Sideshow makes the claim that an exclusive will be offered first to newsletter subscribers, then they should honor that. I know that the newsletter is very unreliable, and I am thankful that once the pre-order became available, members posted that they were able to place their orders. I didn't get the newsletter until much later, but luckily the order page loaded during a clicky marathon. I don't see why Sideshow waited until the day that pre-orders went up to mail out the flash mailer. I am sure that they are aware of the frustrating lag in delivery. Why didn't they send out notice earlier in the week with a link that didn't go to an active page until the appointed time? This would allow people to receive their newsletters, be aware of the ordering time, and maybe try to arrange to be in front of the computer if they could. I just don't see why they waited until the very last minute to notify the newsletter members.

I just found out about this board a few months ago, and boy am I lucky to have found such a cool group of people!:joy

chamildav
11-14-2005, 06:13 PM
If not for this sight I would have had no chance to get exclusive Luke. I recieved my flash announcement several hours after the edition was sold out and the newsletter approx. 12 hours after. Thank you Dave and everyone else who helped fans to get a chance at ordering this figure. Fans, most of whom are newsletter subscribers anyway, check the board regularly and had a chance to get a figure that they probably wouldn't have if they had to rely on SSC's notification. How can that possibly be wrong?

Buttmunch
11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Hopefully this is a one time case like the Han fiasco. They underestimated the demand for the exclusive Han and then Luke. The rest of the 1/4 scale exclusive have seemed about right, Leia isn't even sold out yet. I just hope everything is worked out before the next figure :google

Darklord Dave
11-14-2005, 07:00 PM
I would also point out that if you found out about the order time here, you're most likely a newsletter subscriber as well. The members here are 1/250th of the newsletter list, so I don't think it being posted here affected how many newsletter subscribers got it.

I might humbly suggest that this be the ONLY site allowed to post the links at the same time as the newsletter. It's the casual fans that learn about at places like rebelscum, that hurt the newsletter subscribers...:angelsmil :wacky

EVILFACE
11-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Even it newsletter members got the link well before it was put up to be ordered, that link would have spread out to other toy sites just the same as it did this time.

Chicky
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi All!

Just wanted to throw in my two cents in on the newsletter debate.

I think people misrepresent the situation by stating that 'newsletter members missed out.' We have thousands of people on our list that did receive the e-mail blast in a timely fashion. Did some people miss the opportunity because of the delivery issues? Yes. Was it our entire newsletter community or a majority of it? No. I understand a small percentage of the newsletters did deliver late. While we did try to send this notice as early as possible, sometimes ISPs do delay the receipt, this is evident with the wildly various time frames people did receive their newsletter. We do try to make sure that everyone gets the information that they need. That is why we are in the works for upgrading our newsletter system to be able to deliver the newsletter where it is protected by password. This will protect the information from random posting of links and also help us to insure only newsletter members will get to pre-order during a specified time frame.

With the Luke Exclusive, we announced that we would begin pre-ordering this product live on our site on Friday to the general collecting audience. We allowed our newsletter members a pre-ordering window exclusive for them prior to opening up to general audience for pre-ordering. The window is not always days but may at times be restrictive as an hour or two.

In an effort to keep everyone informed, we also announced all this on our home page and Star Wars page as well as in our chat. I popped into the board here as well.The pre-order news was also carried by over 100 affiliates after the newsletter member pre-order window had passed.

We appreciate everyone's comments and look forward to incorporating many of them into our new upgrades!

Best,
Chicky

Buttmunch
11-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Chicky, just make sure the next Star Wars exlcusive edition is larger next time. I don't think I've heard anyone complain that the edition was too large, but actually the opposite. As long as the exclusive edition is only available from Sideshow I don't see why it must be limited so much. Look at the 1/4 Vader, most of his edition was the excluisve. The more limited one was actually the non-exclusive. Actually, I'd prefer the next SW figure to be like that :D

Seaward
11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Chicky,
Thanks for letting us know about the upgrades to the newsletter system! I hope this helps in getting toys into the hands of collectors! I can't imagine another company that would come out and be so customer-friendly, but this is why we keep coming back!

The Josh
11-14-2005, 10:01 PM
It's all good chicky.

Super Serg
11-15-2005, 07:21 AM
HI Chicky,
Could you do us a favor & help remove this insanely shocked look on Lukes face?
I SWEAR it looks as though someone just told him that YODA'S his dad!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/2104_press01-001.jpg

"A Jedi prostate exame? What the....?!?!"

*ss*

Darth Waller
11-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I don't know what you're referring to. I think he looks pretty close to how he did in ROTJ.

http://ng.netgate.net/~mette/fandom/costumes/jedi/JediOrig.jpg

Michael Crawford
11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
I think it's the open mouth - in the photo you realize he's speaking, but in 3-D plastic, you know he's not. Open mouth expressions are mighty tricky to pull off.

I'm not sure why the OSW boards harbor all the hate toward the Sideshow body, as I've always liked it. In the early days there were problems with floppy joints, but now that seems to be solved.

Comparing this head sculpt to the Medicom version, there's no doubt in my mind that this one is miles better. I don't like the cartoony nature of the Medicom job, but then all the human likenesses that seem to come out of the Japanese companies (look at the goofy head sculpts on the Kotobukiya Star Wars humans) just fall short.

Michael
MWC

Viking28
11-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Chicky I actually think the Exclusive size was just right keep up the good work!!

Super Serg
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love this sculpt. It's Mark Hamill all the way. But just
because someone could sculpt Hamill nicely, doesn't mean I'd like my Luke
to look constipated, or in this case, scared.

I'd just like to see this cool piece immortalized with a kick ass facial expression
rather than having a scared wide eyed Luke. That's not how I'd like for my
favorite Jedi to be remembered.

& this board is mostly pro sideshow. I've been to several other boards (1/6
& non alike) where MOST feel that the expression isn't flatering either.

I'm going to buy this piece either way, but I'd like the face to please as
close to 100% of the fans as possible (like the 1/4 Obi-Wan did) That's all.

*ss*
(D, if this in any way starts something negative here, feel free to delete any
of my posts. That's NOT what i'm after)

Alice Adrenochrome
11-15-2005, 10:00 AM
I like the expression on luke's face. It's just the way it ought to be. Really makes me think of the Jabba palace scene.

Darth Waller
11-15-2005, 10:24 AM
(D, if this in any way starts something negative here, feel free to delete any of my posts. That's NOT what i'm after)

Trust me, I don't get any negative vibes from your posts. You're just voicing your opinion, which is what the internet is all about. And you shouldn't feel obligated to love every piece Sideshow makes just because this is a board about Sideshow products.

When I first saw the face, I went "Hmmmm." After ordering it and looking at it for awhile, it's grown on me. :)

JustinLuck
11-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Darth Waller, I like that pic you posted. That is the exact expression I wish the Luke figure had!! Can you see how his eyes in the movie pic have more a focused, 'determined' look?

FrankenFan
11-15-2005, 12:37 PM
The facial expression is right on the money if you choose to pose Luke as he appeared during the "You will bring Captain Solo and the Wookie to me.." scene, as depicted in the flash animation on the top of the product page.

But I agree; A more iconic, determined hero expression would be preferable.

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/glxy.jpg

TheObsoleteMan
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
The facial expression is right on the money if you choose to pose Luke as he appeared during the "You will bring Captain Solo and the Wookie to me.." scene, as depicted in the flash animation on the top of the product page.

Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me because that's excatly how I plan to pose him.

Super Serg
11-15-2005, 04:49 PM

But I agree; A more iconic, determined hero expression would be preferable.

I wouldn't even mind the "bring captain solo and the wookie to me" look...

but THIS face... it's saying:

"What?!?! You ATE Captain Solo AND the Wookie?!?!?"
:horror

*ss*

JustinLuck
11-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I would rather see the expression Luke makes when he tells the Emperor that he will never turn to the dark side.

bluesparrow
11-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Well, preordered my regular Jedi Luke from bigbadtoystore. Their price wasn't particularly lower than Sideshow's($47) but I've dealt with them a bunch and the shipping is only $5. I preferred to deal with them because I'm familiar with their ordering procedures and they pack stuff extremely well and ship quickly, never ordered from Sideshow before(not that they're bad, I'm sure they're fine).

First 12" figure I've ordered. Probably get a few more before I actually receive Luke, definitely going to grab a Metaluna Mutant.