David Prowse has cancer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this sucks so much. :(

David was the first Star Wars actor I ever met in person. He is a great guy and always seemed so happy that people wanted to meet him and get an autograph.

:(

OMG ! I don´t ... I don´t know what to say
I feel so sorry ... And I am shocked

Sounds like his treatment is going well though. My grandfather died from Prostate Cancer in the mid-80's, but thankfully treatment has come a long way since then.

I wish him all the best. I have a few autographs from him, he was very kind every time I wrote him.

I kind of think its crappy that someone lives a full life and when they get sick or die everyone behaves like they had a tragic life.

I guess that depends on what you see a full life to be. My Grandparents are in their upper 80's and still going strong. They have season tickets to the local hockey team and even use their PC. Don't know many old people that use a computer. My grandfather still tends to his garden and does his own lawn work as well. Now if he were to die tomorrow I wouldn't be satisfied that they lived a full life. To me it doesn't matter how old you are. Not sure if you have experienced death yet but having several family members pass on I can tell you it has nothing to do with how old they were. :duff

I also don't think people are behaving like they had a tragic life. They are behaving like they can feel remorse for that persons situation.

I don't know, if I lived 30+ years being loved as a film icon, I think I'd feel like I had a pretty cool life by 73. He's probably lived in happy retirement for most of that.

IMO a full life encompasses what someone did do, not what they didn't do. You can live for 1000 years and always have something you wish you did, if thats what life is about or how people look at your life.

For me, I plan to achieve what I want to achieve before 73, so that whatever happens to me by that time, even if I die in a burning car wreck or fall off a cliff it won't be a tragedy for people to be like "poor guy".

I like to honor the lives and health of older people, not mourne their passing or sicknesses.

Young people that die early, thats another thing.

Last edited:
To say Cancer sucks is such an understatement. Lost a girlfriend to it 10 years ago. My Dad was diagnosed w/ pancreatic back in Decmber. He passed away 4 weeks ago.

Back