GG Clone Wars Maquettes: Your opinions needed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gazmog

I am thinking about branching out into collecting the Clone Wars Maquettes from GG as well as the main Star Wars busts, etc., but before I do I would value your input.
:help
Have any of you seen them in person, or perhaps own them?
What's the quality like?
How do you rate these?
Any news from past conventions on what's forthcoming from that line?

Much appreciated! :wave

I have the entire line and absolutely love them. They are what renewed my interest in Gentle Giant. Of course I am a huge fan of the animated series so I absolutely had to have these maquettes.

Originally, Padme was going to be the final maquette but GG announced at TF that they had changed their mind.

This is from rebelscum's report from TF:

Over in the Clone Wars Maquettes line, three new items will be added, bringing the line to a total of eight pieces. Animated versions of Anakin Skywalker, General Grievous, and in a surprise (yet logical) move, a double maquette starring Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee all look as if they jumped off the small screen. No more are planned in this line, but if the demand is there....

I kick myself everytime I think of the Padme maquette! Anybody help me were to find one now for a good price?:bang

Viking not sure about eBay prices, but Cartoonnetwork.com still has Padme available retial for $80.

Clone Wars Animated Padme Maquette

Edit--- Strike that. Just double checked the link and even though it says available, it reports unavailable when you try to add it to cart.

Thanks for your help, guys. After seeing the GG site's pics, and those from the Toyfair, my mind is pretty much made up.

Nothing else is planned after the new ones? No Dooku? None of the other Jedi?:\ Hmm, that can't be right. Admittedly there aren't that many characters, but some of the major ones have yet to be released.

Keep in mind Gaz that they were originally going to stop with Padme. Apparently demand has grown and then they announced the additional 3 maquettes. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 or 3 more in the future.

The release of Vol. 2 on DVD would surely invigorate the line yet further, one hopes.

Jeremy, you're right! Gonna look around and make some enquiries. I think Yoda will be first. 8)

I cant wait to get the Sandtrooper busts! But I got to say I really like the Matrix Trinity/cycle statue!

Oh, yeah I see how the cape is covering his leg now. Thanks Viking. Man, you guys are really tempting me with these maquettes!:bang They look awesome. I guess I have to draw the line somewhere though. But these are relatively cheap. Hmm.....

I do think that if demand keeps up as it has, we will eventually see Mace, Dooku, and maybe a couple more. What was the character's name who could put himself back together after he was cut apart? The one that Obi-wan killed. He would be a good maquette.

Your right elwood that would make a good maquette.
I wish GG would put the Bust ups to the side and concentrate on the statues and busts.

I wish GG would put the Bust ups to the side and concentrate on the statues and busts.

Totally agree with you! I only hope in 2006 they really push the boat out for Ep3, both busts and statues.

With the rate I'm collecting GG, Kong will have to be dismissed. :eek

What was the character's name who cpuld put himself back together after he was cut apart?

Was that Durge? :dunno

Durge!! That's it. I knew that it started with a "D", but didn't bother to look it up. I knew that you guys would know the answer.

Yeah I would love to see a Durge on swoop bike, Dooku, Mace, and Shaak Ti (maybe even another dual maquette with Shaak Ti battling one of Grievous's Bodyguards)

Gaz, Yoda should be one of the easiest to get a hold of. Many retailers still have him available as well since his ES was so huge compaired to the other maquettes.

Ox, yep he's everywhere. Nice one to start off with.

Shaak-Ti and a MagnaDroid would look great as a diorama. I recall that was the episode in which Palpatine was kidnapped. Now that Ithorian Jedi would be interesting.

Back