Would you pay extra for light up sabers on 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would ya?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well?:cool:

I myself think it's the next logical step. (in a few years, possibly sooner) But i'm a sucker for ^^^^ that lights up.

Pic from OSW

DSC07034.jpg

With the way Sideshow has been hiking prices, they should throw it in for free.

Can't or not willing to learn myself kat but thx for link. I'd prefer mine to just come that way.

I'd pay for it. It's easy enough to do myself, but it's nice to know that it's already packaged that way.

Unless the added cost on the figure was $5 or less, I wouldn't want it. It's neat, but odds are 90% of the figure's life it's going to sit on the shelf without me turning on the switch or whatever, so to pay more for something that doesn't get its money's worth in use is wasted cash that over the course of a few Jedi would ammount to a whole other figure.

Unless the added cost on the figure was $5 or less, I wouldn't want it. It's neat, but odds are 90% of the figure's life it's going to sit on the shelf without me turning on the switch or whatever, so to pay more for something that doesn't get its money's worth in use is wasted cash that over the course of a few Jedi would ammount to a whole other figure.

I thought about it that way. But then i also think about HT IM. What if HT IM didn't light up? It surely would not be the end of the world, but once you experience it it's VERY nice to have the option. I mean i'm not going to turn those lights on either very often, but when i do...:cool: For characters like Jedi i think it would be very nice, not needed but very cool. I mean would HT IM be any cheaper if it was without lights? I doubt very much it would be much lower than the $160 it goes for.

It would probably add at least $20, probably more, to each figure and I don't think most want a price hike. I think the light up sabers are super cool, though. They'll remain in the realm of customs, I think.

Its a nice add on but, I dont think I would pay more then $10 for it... I would rather see better sculptures.

The wiring, batteries, cathode tube, the guys to do it and the logistics of dealing with the faulty returns

Cant be done for $10 imo, looking at more like a minimum of $20

Bingo. Thats exactly how I feel too.

Nope. Probably not even if they didn't raise the price unless they could look just like the regular SS sabers when they're turned off.

same here...i don't even use the lights on most of my PF statues. the only time i do is to check them when i'm re-boxing them or unboxing them.

I take it the PF's are mains powered ? If I collected PF's (which I dont) Id have all the powered sabres set up (using bye bye standby etc) so that I could switch them on and off with a remote ?

"take a look at my cool collection,"

"Wow they are awesome"

"Yeh but check this out, flick"

How many PF's btw have lit sabres ? Im sure of 2 :)

Id switch them on from time to time, but I guess id be worried that the bulb would go, like most would I guess.

I think if there are easily replaceable blades available (like an ordinary bulb) then id switch em on more knowing if they went I had a spare

Im working on customising 19 blades on my 1/6th figures, creating an easily swappable bulb blade is something Ill have to look into

Last edited:
Initially, I will say yes. But I think that after the novelty wore off most collectors will almost never switch them on.

I think Grievous is the only saber wielding PF that doesn't light up. I never turn mine on and I took the batteries out for fear of them messing the base up if the corrode. So I don't think it'd be worth it in 12".

Back