Removing the heads from Sideshow Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiderbo

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Mods if this is in the wrong place please move.

Can anyone tell me a better way to remove the heads from the Star Wars figures. I heated up Obi Wan EPIII and still almost broke the joint underneath. Now its all wobbly and wont hold his head right.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Stick in boiling or real hot water for 20 seconds then pull off. (pull to the side)

/thread.

Hair dryer and other such heating techniques don't heat the head evenly, which makes it vulnerable to situations like you described.

Krayt is right. Stick the head in boiling water for about 20 second and pop it off.

Last edited:
I used to worry about boiling water and paint. But it's a non factor, still worry though so the sooner the better i say.

can anyone make this thread sticky in SW section and custom section? i swear i see this question almost every single day

That might be tricky, I think that Pixletwin was able to either reattach or correct a loose neck, can't remember which? Pix???

I was able to reattach the piece that attaches the neck to the body (ie the adapter).

You have to basically take the neck adapter apart, pull the spring which has sunk into the chest back up, reattach it to the neck adapter, and then glue it back together.

Back