PreDelivery Notice for Dru exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbeard

PF Pirate
Reaction score
Just got my notice for the Dru exclusive. She's on the way !!!!!! :banana :banana

Of course this means I still will have to wait until the middle of next week for her to make the cross country journey :banghead

But hey, Dru is on the way :joy

The mouth does look a bit big, and the details on the brow ridges seem a bit soft. She still looks pretty good, but the sculpt and paint ops. are not nearly as impressive as the outstanding Vamp Buffy in my opinion.

dd2.jpg

i wish it still looked like this.:sick

:horror
What the? How could that happen to her face! The prototype looked perfect! I hope mine looks better or I'll be very sad. :crying

Maybe it's just a poor paint job? I think the lipstick might have been applied a little too liberally. That's what I think is making the mouth look too big.

I'm hoping it's just the paint job too. The person who posted the pictures on the other board did say that she looks better in real life too so maybe it's not as drastic as the pictures make her mouth look.

Yeah, studying the photos it does look like the camera is doing something weird there to distort the face. The lipstick and blood around the mouth is overdone. And I think that airbrushing in the furrow jutting from the brows in the prototype is missing from the product, which I think is throwing it off.
But I do think the costume and accessories look great!
It might be just the paint that's amiss and not the casting of the head.

Ive been looking at the pics compared to the proto and I think its the airbrushing makeup around the brows. It extends up further in the proto but not in the final version. Also I dont think the mouth and jaw extends out but is more the camera. Look at this pic, it looks about right to me:

dru22.jpg

GOSH that hair is beautiful. Andy I love your hair sculpts! *sigh*

I adore the hair sculpt. It's perfect. I'm pleased with the look of the figure. I'll hopefully be getting my hands on one by the end of the week. I also love the dress.

I love her

:joy I preorded her from forbidden plannet uk the other day any idea on when i will recieve mine?:confused:

I love her out fit,i think its the pictures i think it will look better(i hope)

On the episode did she have the fur?

p.s does any one now how to get on that other forum it says signups are diabled:peace

buffy-collector said:
:joy I preorded her from forbidden plannet uk the other day any idea on when i will recieve mine?:confused:

I love her out fit,i think its the pictures i think it will look better(i hope)

On the episode did she have the fur?

p.s does any one now how to get on that other forum it says signups are diabled:peace

Try e-mailing one of the mods to see if they'll let you join up.

I'm betting she'll look really good in real life. The person who posted the pictures did say she looks better in real life. It's always hard to show how good a figure looks in photos and the paint seems a bit off in the mouth area (and that could just be that one figure too). But it looks like the same exact sculpt as the prototype.

Here's a side by side comparison that I posted on the other board comparing the proto and the actual figure. Both sets of photos were taken by Karen from that board:

60310321_7b3cb2b13a_b.jpg

I think it is the same exact sculpt. The proto pictures (on the left) show her head tilted back further. The two bottom pictures show the real difference in the mouth area where it looks like the painter went a bit too heavy on outlining the lips which make them look much bigger and wider. If you've ever dressed up as a clown it's easy to make your lips look huge just by over doing the lipstick around your mouth.

And yes, she did have the fur in the episode but it wasn't as fluffy. That would be something really hard to duplicate but I actually prefer the way it looks on the figure. It looks more elegant and luxurious.

I really do like this figure even if she looks just like this in real life. Even with the minor problems with the paint, she is still an outstanding figure and not all of them may even have this problem. And I do think a taller body would have been better but, still, that's just another very minor detail. I do love the outfit and think it looks fantastic and the cleavage is wonderful! I'm still hoping we get an Origin's Darla figure and my one concern about them doing her would be that they wouldn't be able to duplicate her wonderful cleavage in that episode and now I know they will be able too.

I have emailed the mods many times,would it be possible for you to ask one of them?

I think the head looks too forward as the proto was tilted so i think its just the photo.

i like the smaller body.

Do you no about forbidden plannet?

My fav three are vamp buffy,dru,prophecy girl buffy whats are your favs

i love buffy:angelsmil

how come no one else has got it?

when is it due in uk

Last edited:
The smaller body is unexpected but appropriate I guess. Juliet is 5'7" and Aly is 5'6", so they should be on the same body. It's just SMG who screws up the whole thing by being 5'3".

Back