PDA

View Full Version : Leia exclusive order is in!

Viking28
11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Just ordered the exclusive with stormtrooper blaster! :banana

Migwit
11-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't have my newsletter yet!!!!!!!!! :confused: What's the edition size?

Migwit
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Never mind! I got mine, too! :banana

Viking28
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE EDITION
The Sideshow Exclusive version includes interchangeable arms, so that you may choose to display Leia with her signature blaster, or the exclusive Stormtrooper blaster that she acquisitioned aboard the Death Star.

pitchin
11-04-2005, 03:12 PM
For once a useful extra, looks cool too & a nice low(ish) ES

Sir Tristram
11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I have NOT gotten my e-mail...But at least I was able to see this thread and order mine!
Jeez!
Nice statue...best SW one yet!

pitchin
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Should I take down the link?

Darth Waller
11-04-2005, 03:19 PM
You might want to take the link down. Sideshow doesn't like people even posting the newsletter, so links would probably be a no-no.

screamingmetal
11-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Take the link down, but support the board by ordering through the link at the top of the Star Wars Forum! ;)
OH *****, I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST PREORDERED MY FIRST PREMIUM STATUE!
:horror :hang

Viking28
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Damn she looks amazing!!! Awesome job Andy!!

Migwit
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I ordered mine from the forum link. I still don't have my newsletter, but remembered someone (Dave?) saying that the pre-order might be up through the forum link before anywhere else! :banana

Polystoner
11-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST PREORDERED MY FIRST PREMIUM STATUE!

I thought I heard a cherry pop. :D

To beat this metaphor into the ground: Don't worry each time you do it, it will become a little less painful, until you can't wait for the next time!

:peace

pitchin
11-04-2005, 03:47 PM
found this over at statue forum

Leia WIP link (http://www.absculpture.com/leia.htm)

NASEDO
11-04-2005, 03:50 PM
The prices keep getting higher and higher.
________
SL90 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_SL90)

Polystoner
11-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, but the edition number is lower.

Chicky
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the Sideshow side! Hope you all like her. We have mor ephotos up in the gallery with different lighting. Also the excluisve version has 2 interchangeable arms.

Please also note that oil prices have also driven up manufacturing and shipping costs. So you may see that reflected a bit in new pricing!

Chicky

LOTRFan
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
This one does look great, I am looking forward to it. I just hope that they lighten the complexion some, she appears to tan/reddish as opposed to the films.

I think I am going for the regular edition, I prefer exclusives that you can display as exclusives (costume, bases, etc), I don't think I like the interchangeable arms.

88th division
11-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Just preordered my Leia exclusive! I am so glad I broke down and ordered all of these. They will make a fantastic display when all are together.

pitchin
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
nice how SS are going thru the films in sequence just wish they'd hurry up with Boba Fett :cool:

pordey2
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
I just ordered my first SW exclusive
:banana
the SS site is veeeeery sloooooow....

Migwit
11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I just got my newsletter, so maybe a lot of people got theirs and are all ordering something at once!

BTW, Han's due out December 2005 and Vader due in January 2006! (Everyone may already know that, but I've slept since getting my LAST newsletter, and can't remember what was in it!) :D

Woo hoo!!! :banana

Bullseye
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Ordered this. Anyone who misses out can have mine for $600. :D

JohnyBoo
11-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Ordered. She does look fantastic!!!!

Welsh Wizard
11-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Great statue...I DO like these 1/4 PF statues.. :drool

Got my order in..... :D

1000 isnt a big edition number for a popular character like Leia..put your order in guys and gals...

WW :Wizard

oxbeard
11-04-2005, 06:08 PM
My order is in. But I have to admit, I wasn't expecting an exclusive ES this large. Figured 500 at the most. But I don't care either way, I'm getting mine.

Bonehead15
11-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Leia looks great!! :banana

My order is in also. The exclusive "gun" is great. Very cool SS. :cool:

BDboystoys
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I wish I could afford these. Im afraid if I got one I'd be stressing for the rest to complete it. I really want the 1/4 SW and 1/4 Freddy.

The lottery people have a grudge against me. :sick

oxbeard
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I wish I could afford these. Im afraid if I got one I'd be stressing for the rest to complete it. I really want the 1/4 SW and 1/4 Freddy.

And I can guarantee that it would happen. :D

RevRanger
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Great figure, but is that Stormtrooper blaster PHOTOSHOPPED into that pic?

That's not the real thing, is it? :confused:

RevRanger
11-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh, and blaming the price increase on the cost of oil?

Weak. :rolleyes: VERY weak.

Polystoner
11-04-2005, 07:43 PM

Hmmm. I can't tell and I'm an Art Director. What makes you think it is PSed? :confused:

tomandshell
11-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Exclusive Han:250
Exclusive Luke:500
Exclusive Vader:2000
Exclusive Grievous:1500
Exclusive Obi-Wan: 1250 pieces
Exclusive Leia: 1000 pieces

I am pleased with the edition size for exclusive Leia. It seems in keeping with the general downward trend in edition sizes since the huge 2000 pieces for Vader. (Let's not gripe about the size for Leia, or Sideshow will hit us with an exclusive Boba Fett with a size of 250 and we will all freak out!) Personally, I am glad when the edition size allows the majority of the people to get a figure who want one (and order as soon as they get their newsletter). I would think that an ideal edition size is one that goes up for sale with Friday's newsletter, and sells out by Sunday night.

As far as price goes, regular Leia is still $250, the same as regular Luke and Han. That doesn't sound like a price increase to me! Even exclusive Leia is still cheaper than electronic Obi-Wan by one dollar....

Darklord Dave
11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
I love this exclusive - it was predicted on the Statue forum and I reiterated it here. I'm just glad it's interchangeable and I don't have to buy both! Now if they'd only done that with Han...

NASEDO
11-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm not to happy about the exclusive gun, I mean she already comes with one, and who really is going to know the difference. R2 would of been jaw dropping.
But I want to see some newer characters. Anakin from Ep. 3 would of been awesome and the timing wouldn't of been better. Its the last Star Wars DVD to come out, Anakin would of been a quick sell-out. We do have general G. but he's not that important. The Emperor would look great. I have high hopes for this line, and Leia Looks great. But with so many characters its a tough sell. Someone's getting left out and people will be screaming.
________
Kawasaki KLX250A (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KLX250A)

Viking28
11-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Totally love the look of her, next month Han and then January Vader! :banana

wookilar8
11-04-2005, 08:48 PM

Now that I examine it closer, both hands have the exact pose. The hand that holds her own blaster, grips it tighter. The hand that holds the stormtrooper blaster, doesn't grip it as tight. The proto-type either uses the same hand or it's photoshopped.

Gruson
11-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not to happy about the exclusive gun, I mean she already comes with one, and who really is going to know the difference. R2 would of been jaw dropping.
But I want to see some newer characters. Anakin from Ep. 3 would of been awesome and the timing wouldn't of been better. Its the last Star Wars DVD to come out, Anakin would of been a quick sell-out. We do have general G. but he's not that important. The Emperor would look great. I have high hopes for this line, and Leia Looks great. But with so many characters its a tough sell. Someone's getting left out and people will be screaming.

As long as they continue to release OT characters, I am happy. :)

We need more baddies after the C3P0 and R2 release.

Bring on the stormtroopers!!! :)

B-Electronic
11-05-2005, 01:02 AM
I never knew Leia had such a hot @$$ :naughty

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST PREORDERED MY FIRST PREMIUM STATUE!

You mean you actually skipped Han, Vader and Obi-Wan? OMG you must have the strongest will in the universe to hold out that long!!

RevRanger
11-05-2005, 01:40 AM
That looks like the Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster. Did they shrink it and photoshop it in? It's definitely not the real deal - it's photoshopped into the picture.

Can we at least get an explantation? That this REPRESENTS what we're buying will eventually try looking like?

I've just about had it with SS putting killer-looking products on their site and delivering a poor final product.

And to put a big picture in their that specifically showcases what we're NOT getting? :rolleyes: Take a look at the soft, frumpy detail on the leia blaster compared to the razor sharp, perfect example of the trooper blaster.

Oh well, glad I only paid $108 for Luke on eBay. And they want $275 for this? I'll get it for under $100 on eBay, without the Master Replicas blaster.

LOTRSWfan
11-05-2005, 01:47 AM
I placed my order for Leia just now!

Now if I could only find a Luke so cheap.... Damn DVD is keeping the prices up.

If anyone knows where I can find out for $125ish shipped, please let me know!

PsychoCenobite
11-05-2005, 02:36 AM
So much for me not buying any more statues! :sick

Just ordered... :banana

So I'm now awaiting my first Premium Format Figures: Vader, Obi and Leia!

I now wish I'd gotten Luke and Han!

Psycho Cenobite :cool:

Polystoner
11-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Now that I examine it closer, both hands have the exact pose. The hand that holds her own blaster, grips it tighter. The hand that holds the stormtrooper blaster, doesn't grip it as tight. The proto-type either uses the same hand or it's photoshopped.

Good point about the hand. I didn't notice it before either, but it does look pretty loose. Doesn't seem to grip it at all there except for near the top.

Well, lends more credibility to the Photoshop camp. Although personally, I don't really think it is a big deal. I could see how people would want to see exactly what they are getting for this price, but it's like software companies and vaporware. I worked for a publisher once where I spent much of time time before conventions designing fake screen shots so that they could announce a product launch before they even finalized the contract with the developer.

So maybe SS felt pressure to get the launch up and pre-orders in since the product development time seems to take so long.

I don't know. Guess I'm just rationalizing for one of my favorite collectibles company... :rolleyes:

Fritz
11-05-2005, 07:25 AM
I ordered the exclusive as well. And not because of the blaster. I think I can see a little more leg in the photo. ;) :p :naughty

Gruson
11-05-2005, 08:21 AM
So much for me not buying any more statues! :sick

Just ordered... :banana

So I'm now awaiting my first Premium Format Figures: Vader, Obi and Leia!

Psycho Cenobite :cool:

Get Luke for dirt cheap on ebay then. ;)

elwood49
11-05-2005, 08:59 AM

Yeah, I agree with Gruson. You should be happy you didn't buy Luke direct from SS. I saw one end on Ebay for $92!

Han should be cheap also, likely around $175.

wetayourself
11-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm sticking with the bad guys. soon boba

screamingmetal
11-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I never knew Leia had such a hot @$$ :naughty

You mean you actually skipped Han, Vader and Obi-Wan? OMG you must have the strongest will in the universe to hold out that long!!

I'm not strong willed, I just prefer Luke as Jedi, or as he was on Cloud City for the final duel, or in the X-Wing outfit. Vader is out of my price range. :(
And I've never been a huge fan of Old Obi-Wan. Han on the other hand I want, but it's only recently that I was able to order such expensive things.
ANH Leia, that's the definitive way I like her, I'd also love a Slave Leia statue!

The hand does look Photoshopped in the close up picture, but it doesn't matter much to me, I'm sure Sideshow will make it look great.

pitchin
11-05-2005, 03:04 PM
But just think....one long shelf per episode....6 shelves showing the journey of the characters :cool:

Dusty
11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Oh, and blaming the price increase on the cost of oil?

Weak. :rolleyes: VERY weak.

I'm confused :confused: For one thing, Leia is one of the least expensive of the Star Wars Premium Format figures. And her exclusive is less expensive than Han's exclusive. How is this an increase?

And secondly, no one can honestly argue against the fact that prices of oil have gone up considerably over the past few months, leading the transportation companies to charge more for the same services that were provided a year ago. I have nothing *whatsoever* to do with deciding price, and I don't have a clue about all the various influences that go into it, but I think it's great that we've managed to keep her the same price as those PF's that were premiered nearly a year and a half ago (Han and Luke)... :dunno

Jesseawilson
11-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm confused :confused: For one thing, Leia is one of the least expensive of the Star Wars Premium Format figures. And her exclusive is less expensive than Han's exclusive. How is this an increase?

And secondly, no one can honestly argue against the fact that prices of oil have gone up considerably over the past few months, leading the transportation companies to charge more for the same services that were provided a year ago. I have nothing *whatsoever* to do with deciding price, and I don't have a clue about all the various influences that go into it, but I think it's great that we've managed to keep her the same price as those PF's that were premiered nearly a year and a half ago (Han and Luke)... :dunno

Not to worry Dusty, unfortunatly not everyone has the same grip on reality.

Jesse

Migwit
11-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Agree with Jesseawilson, Dusty. Not everyone understands how things like the price of oil affects just about every segment of commerce. It's not an opinion that oil prices affect most of the products we buy, it's a fact. :peace

screamingmetal
11-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Plastic is a petroleum based product, which is the Poly in Polystone. That is also factoring in on the price of products.

This is from Wikipedia:

One of the great appeals of plastics have been their low price as compared to other materials. However, in recent years the cost of plastics has been rising dramatically. The cause of the increase is the sharply rising cost of petroleum, the raw material that is chemically altered to form commercial plastics. As the cost of plastic hinges on the cost of petroleum, should petroleum prices continues to rise, so will the cost of plastic. In 2004, the higher price of plastic drove a number of plastic-toy manufacturers out of business.

RevRanger
11-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Right. And there's $250 worth of plastic there. Doesn't NECA and the rest make 18" figures for like $30 or $40? They're sculpted, painted, boxed and shipped just like these are. But I forgot -- Leia needs another $8 worth of material for that complex dress design of hers. :rolleyes:

Sure, these are a lot nicer than the NECA figures, no arguement there, but do they justify a 1000% increase in price?

These toys are WAAAAAAY overpriced. Leia will drop to $100 on ebay. Just watch.

Great looking figure, just don't know how they can expect to build a collector base by charging $250 - $450 per figure. Line's gonna burn out quick, unfortunatly.

Andy Bergholtz
11-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks for those words of wisdom. :rolleyes: For your own sake though, you may want to educate yourself a little more on the workings of this industry before criticizing a company's business practices... It just might spare you a little embarrassment. ;) Your argument is almost too weak to make sense of, but I'll try....

Right. And there's $250 worth of plastic there.

Um, no. If you think any company on the face of the earth prices their products only high enough to pay for the actual material costs, I'm not even sure the rest of this post will make any sense to you so you can stop reading here. And for what it's worth, there is waaaaaay more material cost in one of these figures than for a "Neca toy".

They're sculpted, painted, boxed and shipped just like these are.

Well, kinda.... And they also produce and sell about 100 times as many of them. Don't let the scale of those Neca pieces fool you, they're action figures. I won't go into all the differences between an action figure and a high-end resin collectible right now (or mass production economics), but lets just say the list is very long. There's plenty of info out there on the subject though, you might find it interesting!

Line's gonna burn out quick, unfortunatly.

Once again, your wisdom is appreciated! When that happens feel free to slap us with a big "I told ya so". :)

There's a reason that Sideshow has prospered exponentially over the past few years while most other large 'toy' companies have laid off half their workforce or even floundered completely.... These folks know what they're doing. But thanks for being so concerned!

pitchin
11-05-2005, 07:15 PM
ignore the idiot Andy, so...........slave Leia eh? :cool: :D

Polystoner
11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow, RR, where's all the hostility coming from?

Clearly, you are not Sideshow's market or in your terms "collector base." Sideshow serves a niche market of high-end collectibles both in price and quality. Sure, they could go the Macfarlane or Neca route, or why not, try and compete with Hasbro? Go mass market? Why should they serve those markets? Aren't they already served by those companies. I don't collect Hasbro because their toys look like nothing to me, just toys. Never seen a Luke I've liked. Leia? That's even worse. That's not what I'm looking for. Not what I'm looking to collect.

I'm looking to collect something better, and Sideshow fills that need for me. I don't mind paying ("1000%...WAAAAAAAAY") prices because I feel the product is worth it. You're free to judge them as overpriced if you wish, just as I'm free to judge them as acceptably priced. Maybe for those of us that collect Sideshow products, the cost benefit analysis does not wholly center on the price. The other tangible benefits to us Sideshow collectors include emotional or aesthetic factors which seems not to factor at all in your calculations.

So feel free to scorn us and wait for the prices to lower on ebay. Ebay is always looking for buyers. At least that way, you won't have to spend your time here complaining to people who could care less what you think.

creecher
11-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Not particularly interested in Star Wars merchandise. I reckon the interchangeable arms on the exclusive is pretty rad, and warrants the higher price. I actually don't know how Sideshow has managed to offer the exclusives for the same price as the regulars on previous occassions. Still, I like the interchangeable parts, and hope to see what it means for other PF figure lines.

Viking28
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
And lets not forget offer .99 shipping here in the US!!!

This is awesome 1/4, just amazing how well Andy captured Leia, totally looking forward to this.

RevRanger
11-05-2005, 08:04 PM
All I'm saying is that these prices are getting way out of control.

How could you ever look your friends and family in the face and admit to them that you spent $2000.00 on 6 Star Wars figures? That you spent $500.00 for a General Grevious figure?

And buying an $850 frickin' Pumpkinhead figure is grounds for divorce.

Yes, that's right -- $850 for PUMPKINHEAD! What a winner he is!

Migwit
11-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Then DON'T BUY THEM! Just buy NECA products since you seem to feel they're the only ones you can justify spending money on (maybe you just need new friends who won't judge you on the collectibles you buy?) and let it go already! Jeez! :confused: :rolleyes:

BDboystoys
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
WTF is you prob RR! are you complaining about everything Sideshow does and markets? youve complained in every section! sheesh! If you dont like what they make and produce for their prices dont buy them! Buy some action figures or Necas stuff then. You'll be happy to know they're not too overpriced and you can get alot. Me? Im happy with my quality sideshow stuff! ANYWAY back on topic!

Congrats Andy, great work again! The hair sculpt rocks! You know you seem to make all the products with the most intricate hair! I like it! Very realistic.:D

Dusty
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM

How could you ever look your friends and family in the face and admit to them that you spent $2000.00 on 6 Star Wars figures? That you spent $500.00 for a General Grevious figure?

Some people spend thousands on pimping out cars. Some people spend thousands on showing their super-expensive dogs. Every person has his or her hobbies and, dare I say it, addictions :banana At least it's not drugs - that would be way worse to have to admit to loved ones. Although I *have* heard of cases in which the smell of fresh poly can affect people like a drug :p While we're on the subject of corporate conspiracy theories, perhaps we at Sideshow put something in the chemicals that causes addiction immediately upon opening the first box... more addicting than heroin! :wacky

I respect that everyone has their own opinions, and that your opinion is obviously that it's "silly" to spend one's money on collectibles of one's favorite movies/comics. That's fine. You are free to believe that. But I think it's a little condescendingt to come onto a board full of people just enjoying their chosen hobby and start spewing vitriole. Back when I first started working at Sideshow, I read a thread over on a different board about why one collects these figures (this one happens to be referring to Lord of the Rings figures, but it can apply to any license that inspires passion). I kept it because it really captured the spirit of the collector:

http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246113&postcount=8

Here's to the collector! :duff

LOTRSWfan
11-05-2005, 10:42 PM
While we're on the subject of corporate conspiracy theories, perhaps we at Sideshow put something in the chemicals that causes addiction immediately upon opening the first box... more addicting than heroin! :wacky

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

:wacky

Jesseawilson
11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Trolls never change, it takes a big person to go to a fan sight a bash the product the entier sight is dedicated to. Do you honestly have nothing better to do. On any other forum you would have been roasted for your ignorance. It really makes me proud to be a member of this forum to see the amount of respect everyone has shown someone that is just looking to pick a fight by trolling around causing trouble.

Jesse

BDboystoys
11-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Nuclear Holocaust would probably be close.

People collect because it fills a space in their lives. It's not that they don't have lives to keep them busy enough, but these items represent something they believe in and stand as a visual extension of a wonderful experience (the books/movies). But it also represents something larger-- something that's not easy to describe which is bigger, I think, than the movies. Tolkien touches on some amazing thoughts and ideas, and he had a way of expressing these ideas powerfully.

So many of his ideas as represented in a fantasy world stand right along side real world events and ideals, and at times even stand above them as convincing, even if a bit idealistic. But good myths, legends, and fantasies are not mere escapisms. They help us to weigh what we believe in against a different backdrop when we have grown numb to these ideals in real life. The entire concept of Fellowship and Friendship took on a deeper meaning for me, and the impact from the books and films carried over into real life.

The statues are a powerful reminders of things we ought never to outgrow: like determination, dedication, and wisdom. To give up the statues would be akin to giving up hope, faith, and credence in these longstanding ideals.

There are those who just take the statues at face value-- some people just don't like how they look for one reason or another and they sell them off. Others do have family tragedies that require them to make the sacrifice. But by and large, the passion that drove us all into collecting existed before the statues came along, and was not *created* but *awakened* when they became available.

I hope that giving up my collection will never be a decision I will ever have to make. To this day, just seeing them around the house never fails to bring a smile.

wow, that was really beautifully said.

tomandshell
11-06-2005, 12:33 AM
I have all of my Sideshow pieces on display in my office. It is great to be able to work while surrounded by such high quality pieces of pop culture art. I think Sideshow's products can inspire creativity and imagination in the minds of their owners and collectors, and that's worth a lot to me. Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, and now my son is enjoying it during his childhood. It's good to know that one day I will be able to pass on to him six quality figures that I may have spent $2000 for, but which will be priceless in his eyes.

BDboystoys
11-06-2005, 02:39 AM
I have all of my Sideshow pieces on display in my office. It is great to be able to work while surrounded by such high quality pieces of pop culture art. I think Sideshow's products can inspire creativity and imagination in the minds of their owners and collectors, and that's worth a lot to me. Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, and now my son is enjoying it during his childhood. It's good to know that one day I will be able to pass on to him six quality figures that I may have spent $2000 for, but which will be priceless in his eyes.

I agree with ou completely.:o

Alice Adrenochrome
11-06-2005, 04:56 AM
And lets not forget offer .99 shipping here in the US!!!

Are you sure about that? I'm a bit confused... does the "fall shipping specials" apply to all orders made from NOW till sometime in the near future, regardless if it's in stock material or pre order items?

oxbeard
11-06-2005, 06:20 AM
But I think it's a little condescendingt to come onto a board full of people just enjoying their chosen hobby and start spewing vitriole.
Here's to the collector! :duff

Wow Dusty, I'm impressed. You must be on the work of the day program. I really should start that too. ;)

j/k :D Actually very well said Dusty.

pitchin
11-06-2005, 06:45 AM
But I think it's a little condescendingt to come onto a board full of people just enjoying their chosen hobby and start spewing vitriole.
Here's to the collector!

Wow Dusty, I'm impressed. You must be on the work of the day program. I really should start that too. ;)

j/k :D Actually very well said Dusty.

yeah and I was just gonna ask for some parmesan cheese with that :D

Dusty
11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Are you sure about that? I'm a bit confused... does the "fall shipping specials" apply to all orders made from NOW till sometime in the near future, regardless if it's in stock material or pre order items?

Shipping specials are for items in-stock at the moment, not pre-orders. But if the special happens to be running again when your pre-order ships... well, you never know - we ran it for Comic Con too.

(oh, and now I'm embarrassed for spelling 'vitriol' wrong :p)

Shai
11-06-2005, 01:48 PM

I think revranger is frustrated cause he cant afford those pieces....get your poor-ass out of this forum....

pordey2
11-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Don't think the price is that crazy, but I do expect top quality when the items is coming home to me... We may complain about paintjob for the $40 dolls, but for a PF, this subject should be tiny-weeny minor....

NASEDO
11-06-2005, 08:08 PM
yes! Have to.

Viking28
11-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Man why didnt I buy one of those shirts!!!!:banghead Thanks for bring up sore memories:google

Shai
11-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Well I kind of agree with RevRanger. I don’t think he should be taken off the forum for stating his OPINION. It wasn't personal, people just took it that way. And for him to get hit with personal attacks like he's poor is not right. That’s the kind of childish stuff that starts the trouble. Or saying "leave this forum" because you think prices are too high.

It was my comment about the prices. I didn't need an explanation from SS either. I'm a huge SS collector and been on the board since the Beginning, had my name on the shirt. And I hate to see things go wrong on an OPINION. Or that the oil prices is a weak excuse. Because I agree with that to. If the oil prices go down will the prices? Its deeper than that. But its not the point. It was just an observation. People need to relax.

I would have just deleted the thread once the personal comments came. And I hope OPINIONS weather agreed upon or not are still welcomed. I like a good argument or to disagree, it makes things fun sometimes. But to get personal is wrong. And its going to drive members away.

MONSTER, I DIDNT WANT TO GO PERSONNAL WITH HIM BUT SINCE THE GUY HAS BEGUN POSTING HERE HE JUST KEPT BASHING SIDESHOW AND THE COLLECTORS HERE FOR NO REASON....CHECK THIS THREAD WHERE HE WAS BEING COMPLETELY AN ASS TO SOMEONE ELSE ON THE BOARD FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.....HE REALLY DESERVED ALL HE GOT..

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5167

oxbeard
11-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Well I kind of agree with RevRanger. I donít think he should be taken off the forum for stating his OPINION. It wasn't personal, people just took it that way. And for him to get hit with personal attacks like he's poor is not right. Thatís the kind of childish stuff that starts the trouble. Or saying "leave this forum" because you think prices are too high.

It was my comment about the prices. I didn't need an explanation from SS either. I'm a huge SS collector and been on the board since the Beginning, had my name on the shirt. And I hate to see things go wrong on an OPINION. Or that the oil prices is a weak excuse. Because I agree with that to. If the oil prices go down will the prices? Its deeper than that. But its not the point. It was just an observation. People need to relax.

I would have just deleted the thread once the personal comments came. And I hope OPINIONS weather agreed upon or not are still welcomed. I like a good argument or to disagree, it makes things fun sometimes. But to get personal is wrong. And its going to drive members away.

Actually I don't think most of the responses to RevRanger were because of 1 particular comment. I actually believe most of the comments were because since joining the forum every post he made up to that point had been negative and derogatory. Don't get me wrong though, everyone of us from time to time has a poor opinion of something and express our views which is perfectly fine. Even then though we also make positive or at least constructive comments in other areas. I think in this case the posters apparent 100% negativitiy in all comments finally got to people.

I think also you'll find in another thread that this RevRanger's hostility may have arisen from a misconception they had of SS and they ended admitting their mistake. Unfortunately in this case first impressions did not leave a good impression on many here. Hopefully however he/she will return and give it another go, although maybe a little more contructively. :peace

EDIT - - obviously I'm a slow typer as it looks like some changes and comments were made while I was writing this.

BTW, Dave this new edit box took me by surprise. Seems pretty cool though.

Andy Bergholtz
11-06-2005, 08:29 PM
As much as your dedication to Sideshow is appreciated, Monster is right... That 'poor ass' comment is a cheap shot no matter how you cut it. :o

NASEDO
11-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Sorry, I actually just read the Hellboy Post, which the bust does look amazing. His comments there where wrong. It was just that I started the high price quote. And I also just noticed that Leia it is Lower than the Han EX. which would of proven me wrong quicker. But of been kind of down on the prices, so its always on top of my mind. It has to do with the Legend Bust, I have to have it. And since I have the Predator Bust I need the Alien, and Maul is a must also.

If someone is going to constantly complain and bash without good backing, the Hellboy Bust is Nice, I see where you guys are coming. My Bad.

edit:
Yeah I changed my post, I was just reading the Hellboy Thread and I changed my mind because of what I read there. I totally understand, I seen it before. And I was also wrong about the Price of Leia going up. oops.

JUst read another one of his bad Post.

TheWitchKing
11-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I think revranger is frustrated cause he cant afford those pieces....get your poor-ass out of this forum....

I had the oppurtunity to meet RevRanger, didnt have much to say really. Drifted off into a sleep as I took this photo of him.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9184/untitled6hh.png

Shai
11-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I had the oppurtunity to meet RevRanger, didnt have much to say really. Drifted off into a sleep as I took this photo of him.

LMAO..........:mwaha :clap

BDboystoys
11-07-2005, 01:30 AM
omg! LMAO:mwaha :mwaha

omg leia is neaely gone!!! this cant be!! I really want to get into these... I cant afford them atm but in the future when I get a job(im 14, not a bum:wacky ) Im going to try to ge into the PF figures. Theyre just nicer pieces no doubt and is more of a musuem quality and is something Id keep forever. I really want the star wars ones, all displayed together. man that would be sweet. Obiwan, Han, Luke, Leia...ahhhhh:D

LOTRSWfan
11-07-2005, 01:39 AM

omg leia is neaely gone!!! this cant be!! I really want to get into these... I cant afford them atm but in the future when I get a job(im 14, not a bum:wacky ) Im going to try to ge into the PF figures. Theyre just nicer pieces no doubt and is more of a musuem quality and is something Id keep forever. I really want the star wars ones, all displayed together. man that would be sweet. Obiwan, Han, Luke, Leia...ahhhhh:D

Man, I remember what it was like trying to collect anything at 14 (Im 20 now). My advice for you is....if you miss out on something now, you will be able to find it in the future. So don't stress if you can't afford it now. You might end up paying a little more in teh future for it, but you also might get it for less.

BDboystoys
11-07-2005, 01:43 AM
thanks for the advice! Im feeling alittle easier now, man I cant wait for my collection to grow.

I think my first 1/4 scale is gonna be regular freddy. I only like Fredy from ANOES and nightmare 3 but the FvsJ still looks nice. Ive even been thinking of selling some of my 1/6 so I cant afford the PF's but I dont want to lose what I have. Gosh I just have this vision of a collection room with all these beautiful pieces, I hope it comes trues one day!!:D

LOTRSWfan
11-07-2005, 01:56 AM
thanks for the advice! Im feeling alittle easier now, man I cant wait for my collection to grow.

Anytime :) At least I was only collecting Star Wars figures and cards. I can't even picture myself going after these guys

Ive even been thinking of selling some of my 1/6 so I cant afford the PF's but I dont want to lose what I have.

Do you want to know how many things I still have from when I was 14? None! It is funny this comes up. I just finished moving things in my room around and realized I have a lot A LOT of space. Over the past 8ish years, I have owned:

**2 complete Star Wars collections two different times (once carded and once loose). My parents hated the figures when I was 14, so I had to hide them in boxes. It never came up, but my parents are not stupid. They knew they were there, but never said anything

**Numerous Star Wars busts and Koto statues

**A large amount of LOTR SS/W items, mainly statues

**So many trading cards from every possible cool movie I can't even count

**Assorted Action figures

**Basketball cards....don't even get me started (still buying to this day)

So as I look around, I see I have a lot of space to fill up.

Looking at the list above, you can tell that I have bought a lot of different things from Star Wars. I can tell you right now that the 1/4th SS line is BY FAR the best thing I have seen for a Star Wars product. I am going to make sure I own all of these, even if they make more then 25. Believe me when I tell you, they are worth saving your money for.

If you are spending money on certain things right now, make sure you look at it and figure out if it is the best overall product for you to buy, now or in teh future. I would say the 1/4th is the best SW product. With the line still having much life left in it, I know that SS will cover every character, so I am not worried about my collection missing anything or having holes in it.

Oh yeah, I get my LOTR fix with very few SS/W items, but mainly making my own custom environments (check out my signature). The feeling of making one of these yourself is amazing. I get so much more pride from these then anything I can buy

Gosh I just have this vision of a collection room with all these beautiful pieces, I hope it comes trues one day!!:D

HA! That is me everytime my girlfriend (more then likely future wife) and myself or and my family and myself talk about my house in the future. Everyone knows I will have a room for my colelction as well as a killer Movie area.

Hope some of that helps :D

Shai
11-07-2005, 03:31 AM

Bdboy....My advice to you :lecture : Be patient my friend !!!! I think for a lot of us young adults ( i'm 29), we can relate a lot to you....When I was 14... I dreamt of 2 things: action figures and girls...lolllll.You'll see all of this will come soon enough !!!!! The best part of being an adult is you can work to earn money...and you can do whatever you want with it....Buy action figures, toys , statues.....So be patient...YOUR TIME WILL COME....LOLLL...And when the time arrives you'll have enough other dilemmas to worry about ,like for exemple, buying a wedding ring for your fiancee or buying all those sideshow STAR WARS premium format figures that you've missed in your teenage years....:huh

BDboystoys
11-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Anytime :) At least I was only collecting Star Wars figures and cards. I can't even picture myself going after these guys
Im going for em!!:D :D

My parents hated the figures when I was 14, so I had to hide them in boxes. It never came up, but my parents are not stupid.

My parents love my collectibles, they think I'm mayb alittle obsessed with collectibles and stuff but I dont care, after all, its for me not them! they think I want too much...SO TRUE:wacky

HA! That is me everytime my girlfriend (more then likely future wife) and myself or and my family and myself talk about my house in the future. Everyone knows I will have a room for my colelction as well as a killer Movie area.

Hope some of that helps :D

Sure Does! Thanks for the post! Wish you all the best with your girlfriend!:joy I collect 1/6figs from my fave movies and TV shows. I only get good quality stuff myself like Sideshow stuff not Hasblow.:wacky I really want the PFs and have them displayed in a movie room or collectibles room.

Looking at the list above, you can tell that I have bought a lot of different things from Star Wars. I can tell you right now that the 1/4th SS line is BY FAR the best thing I have seen for a Star Wars product. I am going to make sure I own all of these, even if they make more then 25. Believe me when I tell you, they are worth saving your money for.

If you are spending money on certain things right now, make sure you look at it and figure out if it is the best overall product for you to buy, now or in teh future. I would say the 1/4th is the best SW product. With the line still having much life left in it, I know that SS will cover every character, so I am not worried about my collection missing anything or having holes in it.

Youve had alot of stuff! I agree Sideshows PF(although i dont have any) lok by far the best Star Wars and movies collectibles around. I REALLY want these, I can tell you they will be mine one day!:joy

Oh yeah, I get my LOTR fix with very few SS/W items, but mainly making my own custom environments (check out my signature). The feeling of making one of these yourself is amazing. I get so much more pride from these then anything I can buy

WOW, I love your custom! keep it up! I agree making your own things can be very gratifying. Again well done! kudos!

Thanks for the post LOTRSWfan!

BDboystoys
11-07-2005, 03:37 AM
Bdboy....My advice to you :lecture : Be patient my friend !!!! I think for a lot of us young adults ( i'm 29), we can relate a lot to you....When I was 14... I dreamt of 2 things: action figures and girls...lolllll.You'll see all of this will come soon enough !!!!! The best part of being an adult is you can work to earn money...and you can do whatever you want with it....Buy action figures, toys , statues.....So be patient...YOUR TIME WILL COME....LOLLL...And when the time arrives you'll have enough other dilemmas to worry about ,like for exemple, buying a wedding ring for your fiancee or buying all those sideshow STAR WARS premium format figures that you've missed in your teenage years....:huh

Im getting a job as soon as I can, afew months? or so. Im putting in an application for toys R US, as I know someone who could put in a good word for me. I cant wait till I can earn money for, all sorts of things!:D Yes true my time will come but as they say in the classics... I WANT IT NOW. or mayb not...:wacky

thanks Shaihulud for the post! Much appreiciated guys!

LOTRSWfan
11-07-2005, 03:39 AM
BDboystoys, glad I could help out. if you check out my custom thread in a minute or so, I will post some more photos from some of my other works.

BDboystoys
11-07-2005, 01:39 PM
wow! I checked out all your stuff! Looks great! Ill post some of my artwork soon, mayb in another thread as its not really SW.