Medicom Comic Version Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chamildav

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know who else has this pre-ordered (I'm betting Dave does though) but I checked my account at HLJ and it's in stock now and ready to ship. I have Spidey and a couple of Cool Girls that should arrive shortly now. I'm really looking forward to this guy. I think it's one that they should knock out of the park. I'll hopefully let you know in a week or so. In the mean time those who do have pre-orders in may want to check their account status. Hopefully you won't have too lnog to wait now either.

By the way and off topic. Did anyone else notice the Takara Batman Begins figure has been put off till April? I'm kinda wondering if we are going to see this one at all.

:horror
I've yet to come up with the rest of the remainder I'll need to pay my dealer.
It looks like I might have to put this on my credit card. :crying

But thanks for the information, I was looking at these on Ebay yesterday and wondering when they'll ship.
Yeah, I noticed that Batman Takara is delayed. Hopefully they're taking the time to make it perfect. It does relieve me a bit, I don't have the money to pay for mine yet.
I also hear that Medicom's Batman Begins is shipping soon, and that my fears are unfounded in that he'll have 30 points of articulation.

I sent my payment in for mine. It might take a couple of weeks to get here from Hong Kong, so I'll be waiting.

My HK dealer was in Japan - hopefully picking them up. But whoever gets it first - post pics!

My package arrived at Kennedy Airport at 1:33 pm yesterday. I have no idea what that means as far as it's actual arrival date in Raleigh N.C. but I'm hoping/guessing for Thursday or Friday if it isn't held up in customs. That's about my normal wait when EMS makes it to the US from Japan.

Will you guys are going to still buy those medicom comic figures if Sideshow get the license like for Star wars...( which will probably happened someday...) ????

I wouldn't count on SSC getting the license for Marvel 12" anytime soon. But if it were to happen, I'd bite the bullet and buy them all. It's unlikely that they'd be doing the exact same characters anyway.

But I'm counting on SSC Jedi Luke to blow the Medicom out of the water.

It's here. Won't have a chance to pull him out of the box till this evening but he looks pretty neat. Several extra hands. Costume looks great from what I can see in the packaging and the figure design is kinda' a Mcfarlane meets Ramos melange. The body shape is excellent for this figure. I'm not insane for the Peter Parker sculpt and I can't help but feel as I always do on Medicom stuff that they could do a better, or more to the point complete paint application. Again it's still in the package but from what I can see the way the gloves and boots are done this is the closest to a seamless transition I've seen on a cloth costumed figure. So far very good.

Further observation. The neck and gloves are extremely well integrated as I mentioned earlier. And while the boots do look great they have the "Wolverine" problem. Hard poly plastic that is in no way poseable. Very big problem for Spidey. How is it the guys who make this stuff haven't just copied the design that Takara uses for boot feet on the "Cool Girls" figures yet? All the things these companies swipe from each other and one of the best design elements from Takara no one else seems to want. Wierd.

And oh yeah. Thier is a round silver label on the box cover that says "Spider-Man Alien Version" in english along with some Japanese kangi that says I have no idea what. Might be a clue to the next figure we should be expecting though. I really liked the symbiote black costumed Spidey so it would be fine with me.

Sounds great! I can't wait until I get mine.
I've heard that the Black Symbiote Spidey can only be had by buying the regular Costume Spidey. There's some kinda UPC code or certificate or something that allows you to buy Black Costume Spidey, but only if you live in Japan. :(

I agree on the Takara Cool Girl Boots, they work great and look better then most cast boots, and this would've been the perfect place to utilize them.
I think Companies purposely try not to copy other similar product designs just for the sake pride. They don't want to admit that another company did it better then they did.

I do miss the ankle articulation with the movie Spider-man but I don't know that the CG boot sleeve would make for as good looking boots when he's just standing up.

SM, Is that the deal? You can only get the Symbiote version in Japan? Heck, come to think of it you can only get any of these in Japan/Far East because of the licensing agreements. I wonder if were going to see that version on eBay soon than?
Dave, I like the CG bootsleeves and think they do look good in action poses as well as more static appearing poses. I just think they are the way to go for most "old School" superheroes. But even if a sculpted boot is used I'd like it to be in a vinyl with some flexibility. It's just hard to think of Spidey not being able to bend his ankles. It's wrong I tell you.
OT-For those who are CG fans and are on the fence on getting a couple of the rereleases best of Cool Girl figures.. I would recomend "Harley" as being a very nice redo. Improved costuming and a 2.0 body make it a nice set along with her motorcycle helmet. Also fairly happy with "Ruby" which is the redo of the Cy Girl "Electra" figure. Overall still a very neat figure, but the paint applications are not as nice as the original and I think the costume, at least on mine is not as well tailored.
Another CG that just got here, Major Motoko Kusanagi "Ninja suit" version, is okay but nothing I'd worry to much about getting if your a little short on cash or aren't a HUGE fan of TGitS, which I am. It's a nice figure, but I'm hard pressed to say it's worth the price.
Umm, and apologies on no pictures as I know some of you guys would like them. If anyone want's to host pictures I can take some and email them to you. Please let me know with a PM in the next couple of hours and I will get on it tonight.

chamildav said:
SM, Is that the deal? You can only get the Symbiote version in Japan? Heck, come to think of it you can only get any of these in Japan/Far East because of the licensing agreements. I wonder if were going to see that version on eBay soon than?
Dave, I like the CG bootsleeves and think they do look good in action poses as well as more static appearing poses. I just think they are the way to go for most "old School" superheroes. But even if a sculpted boot is used I'd like it to be in a vinyl with some flexibility. It's just hard to think of Spidey not being able to bend his ankles. It's wrong I tell you.
OT-For those who are CG fans and are on the fence on getting a couple of the rereleases best of Cool Girl figures.. I would recomend "Harley" as being a very nice redo. Improved costuming and a 2.0 body make it a nice set along with her motorcycle helmet. Also fairly happy with "Ruby" which is the redo of the Cy Girl "Electra" figure. Overall still a very neat figure, but the paint applications are not as nice as the original and I think the costume, at least on mine is not as well tailored.
Another CG that just got here, Major Motoko Kusanagi "Ninja suit" version, is okay but nothing I'd worry to much about getting if your a little short on cash or aren't a HUGE fan of TGitS, which I am. It's a nice figure, but I'm hard pressed to say it's worth the price.
Umm, and apologies on no pictures as I know some of you guys would like them. If anyone want's to host pictures I can take some and email them to you. Please let me know with a PM in the next couple of hours and I will get on it tonight.
I'd love to get both Harley and Ruby, but funds are not sufficient now, and I can't find any dealer that has Harley available.
I did buy most of Electra Parted out for about $50 from Old Joe Infirmary, It was the only way I could get one and I didn't even get the base body at that price. :(
I have the GITS Motoko, I'm a big fan of GITS Stand Alone Complex and just had to have one. I've been thinking of getting the Japan Exclusive Version just to be a completest, but Can't find it anywhere. :banghead

SM, I haven't seen any US eBay auctions or etailers selling the exclusive version. You might want to check Yahoo Japan's auction service. I saw some pics of the exclusive and I think it's more interesting than the regular release. Too bad it's so hard to get outside of Japan.
And I sympathise with tight hobby money. Easy online purchasing has made me into a very irresponsible buyer. But I have gotten some cool toys. Reselling some on eBay now too. Too much stuff around. And also too much negative cash flow. Did I mention I've gotten some cool toys?

Finally took Spidey out of the box.
First, the boots are a soft vinyl and do flex very well. They are also a tad lose and the feet are HUGE in the style of Ramos and others. But they do move and the ankle joints are tight enough that they will at least somewhat hold a pose. Way better than Wolvie's boots.

Second, besides his total of eight hands he comes with a very neat accessory I didn't know was included. He has a pair of twined McFarlane style web strands that fit in his "thwip" hands and are very nicely done.
Did these come with the movie version also?

Everything else is exactly what you expect if you have any of the other figures from Medicom. Superb articulation, high quality tailoring and costume materials and nifty packaging.
I'm going to actually try to post some pics. Wish me luck.
spideybox.jpg

spideybox2.jpg

spideybox3.jpg

spideythwip1.jpg

spideythwip2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey it worked! looks great, I even like the Anime head!
The Medicom Movie Spider-Man didn't come with webs. It's a nice addition, I would've liked one with a fist grasping a web string. But it's medicom and they're not known for lots of accessories.
I didn't take the Movie version I have out of the box, but I plan on taking this one out. Now all I have to do is buy Venom.

Back