PDA

View Full Version : Medicom Comic Version Spiderman

chamildav
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't know who else has this pre-ordered (I'm betting Dave does though) but I checked my account at HLJ and it's in stock now and ready to ship. I have Spidey and a couple of Cool Girls that should arrive shortly now. I'm really looking forward to this guy. I think it's one that they should knock out of the park. I'll hopefully let you know in a week or so. In the mean time those who do have pre-orders in may want to check their account status. Hopefully you won't have too lnog to wait now either.

By the way and off topic. Did anyone else notice the Takara Batman Begins figure has been put off till April? I'm kinda wondering if we are going to see this one at all.

screamingmetal
11-03-2005, 03:29 PM
:horror
I've yet to come up with the rest of the remainder I'll need to pay my dealer.
It looks like I might have to put this on my credit card. :crying

But thanks for the information, I was looking at these on Ebay yesterday and wondering when they'll ship.
Yeah, I noticed that Batman Takara is delayed. Hopefully they're taking the time to make it perfect. It does relieve me a bit, I don't have the money to pay for mine yet.
I also hear that Medicom's Batman Begins is shipping soon, and that my fears are unfounded in that he'll have 30 points of articulation.

Bonehead15
11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Mine is on it's way. It should be here by middle of next week. :banana

I'll post pics ASAP.

BDboystoys
11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Mine is on it's way. It should be here by middle of next week. :banana

I'll post pics ASAP.

yes you will!:naughty :joy :banana :wacky

screamingmetal
11-07-2005, 07:23 PM
I sent my payment in for mine. It might take a couple of weeks to get here from Hong Kong, so I'll be waiting.

Darklord Dave
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
My HK dealer was in Japan - hopefully picking them up. But whoever gets it first - post pics!

Bonehead15
11-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Mine "should" be here by Friday.

chamildav
11-09-2005, 07:28 AM
My package arrived at Kennedy Airport at 1:33 pm yesterday. I have no idea what that means as far as it's actual arrival date in Raleigh N.C. but I'm hoping/guessing for Thursday or Friday if it isn't held up in customs. That's about my normal wait when EMS makes it to the US from Japan.

Shai
11-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Will you guys are going to still buy those medicom comic figures if Sideshow get the license like for Star wars...( which will probably happened someday...) ????

Darklord Dave
11-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't count on SSC getting the license for Marvel 12" anytime soon. But if it were to happen, I'd bite the bullet and buy them all. It's unlikely that they'd be doing the exact same characters anyway.

But I'm counting on SSC Jedi Luke to blow the Medicom out of the water.

chamildav
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
It's here. Won't have a chance to pull him out of the box till this evening but he looks pretty neat. Several extra hands. Costume looks great from what I can see in the packaging and the figure design is kinda' a Mcfarlane meets Ramos melange. The body shape is excellent for this figure. I'm not insane for the Peter Parker sculpt and I can't help but feel as I always do on Medicom stuff that they could do a better, or more to the point complete paint application. Again it's still in the package but from what I can see the way the gloves and boots are done this is the closest to a seamless transition I've seen on a cloth costumed figure. So far very good.

chamildav
11-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Further observation. The neck and gloves are extremely well integrated as I mentioned earlier. And while the boots do look great they have the "Wolverine" problem. Hard poly plastic that is in no way poseable. Very big problem for Spidey. How is it the guys who make this stuff haven't just copied the design that Takara uses for boot feet on the "Cool Girls" figures yet? All the things these companies swipe from each other and one of the best design elements from Takara no one else seems to want. Wierd.

And oh yeah. Thier is a round silver label on the box cover that says "Spider-Man Alien Version" in english along with some Japanese kangi that says I have no idea what. Might be a clue to the next figure we should be expecting though. I really liked the symbiote black costumed Spidey so it would be fine with me.

screamingmetal
11-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Sounds great! I can't wait until I get mine.
I've heard that the Black Symbiote Spidey can only be had by buying the regular Costume Spidey. There's some kinda UPC code or certificate or something that allows you to buy Black Costume Spidey, but only if you live in Japan. :(

I agree on the Takara Cool Girl Boots, they work great and look better then most cast boots, and this would've been the perfect place to utilize them.
I think Companies purposely try not to copy other similar product designs just for the sake pride. They don't want to admit that another company did it better then they did.

Darklord Dave
11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I do miss the ankle articulation with the movie Spider-man but I don't know that the CG boot sleeve would make for as good looking boots when he's just standing up.

chamildav
11-09-2005, 04:33 PM
SM, Is that the deal? You can only get the Symbiote version in Japan? Heck, come to think of it you can only get any of these in Japan/Far East because of the licensing agreements. I wonder if were going to see that version on eBay soon than?
Dave, I like the CG bootsleeves and think they do look good in action poses as well as more static appearing poses. I just think they are the way to go for most "old School" superheroes. But even if a sculpted boot is used I'd like it to be in a vinyl with some flexibility. It's just hard to think of Spidey not being able to bend his ankles. It's wrong I tell you.
OT-For those who are CG fans and are on the fence on getting a couple of the rereleases best of Cool Girl figures.. I would recomend "Harley" as being a very nice redo. Improved costuming and a 2.0 body make it a nice set along with her motorcycle helmet. Also fairly happy with "Ruby" which is the redo of the Cy Girl "Electra" figure. Overall still a very neat figure, but the paint applications are not as nice as the original and I think the costume, at least on mine is not as well tailored.
Another CG that just got here, Major Motoko Kusanagi "Ninja suit" version, is okay but nothing I'd worry to much about getting if your a little short on cash or aren't a HUGE fan of TGitS, which I am. It's a nice figure, but I'm hard pressed to say it's worth the price.
Umm, and apologies on no pictures as I know some of you guys would like them. If anyone want's to host pictures I can take some and email them to you. Please let me know with a PM in the next couple of hours and I will get on it tonight.

screamingmetal
11-09-2005, 11:50 PM
SM, Is that the deal? You can only get the Symbiote version in Japan? Heck, come to think of it you can only get any of these in Japan/Far East because of the licensing agreements. I wonder if were going to see that version on eBay soon than?
Dave, I like the CG bootsleeves and think they do look good in action poses as well as more static appearing poses. I just think they are the way to go for most "old School" superheroes. But even if a sculpted boot is used I'd like it to be in a vinyl with some flexibility. It's just hard to think of Spidey not being able to bend his ankles. It's wrong I tell you.
OT-For those who are CG fans and are on the fence on getting a couple of the rereleases best of Cool Girl figures.. I would recomend "Harley" as being a very nice redo. Improved costuming and a 2.0 body make it a nice set along with her motorcycle helmet. Also fairly happy with "Ruby" which is the redo of the Cy Girl "Electra" figure. Overall still a very neat figure, but the paint applications are not as nice as the original and I think the costume, at least on mine is not as well tailored.
Another CG that just got here, Major Motoko Kusanagi "Ninja suit" version, is okay but nothing I'd worry to much about getting if your a little short on cash or aren't a HUGE fan of TGitS, which I am. It's a nice figure, but I'm hard pressed to say it's worth the price.
Umm, and apologies on no pictures as I know some of you guys would like them. If anyone want's to host pictures I can take some and email them to you. Please let me know with a PM in the next couple of hours and I will get on it tonight.
I'd love to get both Harley and Ruby, but funds are not sufficient now, and I can't find any dealer that has Harley available.
I did buy most of Electra Parted out for about $50 from Old Joe Infirmary, It was the only way I could get one and I didn't even get the base body at that price. :(
I have the GITS Motoko, I'm a big fan of GITS Stand Alone Complex and just had to have one. I've been thinking of getting the Japan Exclusive Version just to be a completest, but Can't find it anywhere. :banghead

chamildav
11-10-2005, 07:11 AM
SM, I haven't seen any US eBay auctions or etailers selling the exclusive version. You might want to check Yahoo Japan's auction service. I saw some pics of the exclusive and I think it's more interesting than the regular release. Too bad it's so hard to get outside of Japan.
And I sympathise with tight hobby money. Easy online purchasing has made me into a very irresponsible buyer. But I have gotten some cool toys. Reselling some on eBay now too. Too much stuff around. And also too much negative cash flow. Did I mention I've gotten some cool toys?

shaithis77
11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Pics please.

chamildav
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Finally took Spidey out of the box.
First, the boots are a soft vinyl and do flex very well. They are also a tad lose and the feet are HUGE in the style of Ramos and others. But they do move and the ankle joints are tight enough that they will at least somewhat hold a pose. Way better than Wolvie's boots.

Second, besides his total of eight hands he comes with a very neat accessory I didn't know was included. He has a pair of twined McFarlane style web strands that fit in his "thwip" hands and are very nicely done.
Did these come with the movie version also?

Everything else is exactly what you expect if you have any of the other figures from Medicom. Superb articulation, high quality tailoring and costume materials and nifty packaging.
I'm going to actually try to post some pics. Wish me luck.http://panzerwerk.freeservers.com/images/spideybox.jpg
http://panzerwerk.freeservers.com/images/spideybox2.jpg
http://panzerwerk.freeservers.com/images/spideybox3.jpg
http://panzerwerk.freeservers.com/images/spideythwip1.jpg
http://panzerwerk.freeservers.com/images/spideythwip2.jpg

screamingmetal
11-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey it worked! looks great, I even like the Anime head!
The Medicom Movie Spider-Man didn't come with webs. It's a nice addition, I would've liked one with a fist grasping a web string. But it's medicom and they're not known for lots of accessories.
I didn't take the Movie version I have out of the box, but I plan on taking this one out. Now all I have to do is buy Venom.

chamildav
11-11-2005, 07:12 AM
If I'd thought this was going to work when I posted I would have taken better pictures. But this should give you guys the idea. He's pretty sharp.
I was really happy with the webs as I didn't expect them. I agree that Medicom doesn't pile on the accessories like DiD or bbi etc.. But the hands are great. Really nicely executed and well thought out choices. And four pair is pretty good. The "thwip" hands with webs are definately my favorites.
And when I got Spidey out of the box the first thing I thought of was hmmm.....need Venom now. And I don't even like the character. Last I looked Venom was on sale at HLJ. Maybe other places too. It's too bad that I don't think Venom will be taller than Spidey though. But the figure is massive which is good.
This is the nicest of the Marvel figures from Medicom I have or have seen in person. They seem to get better each time out. I'm curious to read what you other guys think when you get yours. I'm pretty well pleased.

Darklord Dave
11-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Funny, I just succumbed to Venom also and I don't like the character that much. Found a decent deal on ebay for him.

Darklord Dave
11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
My dealer says the black costume Spidey will be a regular release due out in March.

chamildav
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks Dave for the info.. I definately want that one when it comes out. I really liked the black costume. I will however probably pass on "Scarlet Spider" if it's ever announced as I have so far managed not to order Carnage as I really dislike both characters a lot. I'm a happy non-completist on this line.
They could probably make quite a few Marvel characters I wouldn't pick up. Like pretty much any X-Men created after 1983, eternally tiny children of the first family of superheroes (But Franklin does look good for his age) and nearly all members of north of the border super teams. And a few more.
They do however need to make one off beat fan favorite, "Moon Knight". That would be a brilliant figure. Helluva a costume. Yup, Moon Knight's time must come.

Bonehead15
11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
I just got my Spidey today.

Overall he's great but there are a few flaws. First is that the shade of red used for the boots and Spidey head don't match up very well with color red used for the costume. Also the boots are quite large and a little loose on such small feet.

A nice plus is the toe-articulation on the feet.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

I've heard that the Black Symbiote Spidey can only be had by buying the regular Costume Spidey. There's some kinda UPC code or certificate or something that allows you to buy Black Costume Spidey, but only if you live in Japan. :(

screamingmetal,

I do believe that you are correct about the black suit Spidey. :( My figure came with the silver sticker on the box also plus a small packet with what looks like an order form for the Symbiote Spidey. It has a special order number on it but since I can't read Japaneese I'm not 100% certain. This is really going to suck if it's true. :banghead

Darklord Dave
11-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Got mine today! Have to agree about the boots - the ones on the movie version are much, much better. And this guy is very MacFarlanized. Perhaps they're intending to release a bunch of them all based on different artists? A way to get around the "limited edition" I guess.

But I do like him, despite the pointy toes and flat face. He's actually in scale with my 13" Superman if you pretend he's a 15 year old Ultimate Spiderman...

chamildav
11-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, the boots are kinda loose. If you leave him in the box it would be hard to tell though. At least that was the case when I first opened mine. They looked better under the plastic cover. They still look fine to me. And they do flex enough for some decent action poses. I may have low standards since I've owned Captain Action and Toy Biz 12" Spidey figures. This is a pretty big quality improvement for me.
The color of the head and boots on mine match the rest of the costume fairly well though. Again, maybe low standards. A perfect match on the plastic and fabric items is tough. You can always paint them and get a near perfect match. This isn't a figure I'd do any real customisation on though.
Overall still pretty frikkin' pleased.
And I ordererd Venom last night. Too bad HE isn't on the DC Direct body.
I haven't done it yet but I'm going to be posing Superman with Spidey also Dave. I want to take a couple of pics of them together. As teen Spidey I think they are more or less in scale with each other.

Darklord Dave
11-18-2005, 10:19 AM
I like the comic Spidey a lot too. The web isn't just printed on, but is slightly raised like on the movie version. The match up between the heads/hands and the costume is extremely well done. My only complaint there is that it appears they used a wash to paint the black lines on the head and hands and the lines aren't as thick as on the suit. But I can take care of that with a sharpie. But for a $150 action figure, I shouldn't have to.

And despite the rubber boots, he can actually point his toes. That's something the movie one can't do in his rubber boots.

screamingmetal
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Ugh, that ******ing postman! I was home when he drove to the mail box but he didn't even bother to get out of his truck to knock on my door, he just filled out the sorry I missed you slip and put it in my mailbox. :mad:
I called the Post Office, hopefully he'll get reprimanded for that. They said I'll have to wait until tomorrow for them to deliver since I can't make it to the Post Office for pick up.

Edit:
Well, my experience today wasn't any better. I was waiting all day and nothing came. So I went out to rake the leaves and didn't notice that the mail truck just left the mail box. I checked the door and there was nothing there so I chased down the Mail truck and told the lady that I wanted to pick up my parcel. She looked around and said she didn't have it in the truck and that she wasn't notified by the others that there was a parcel to be redelivered today. So she says I'll have to come down to the post office on Monday to pick the stupid thing up.
I was livid but it wasn't her fault because it wasn't her usual route.
But thankfully she came by to deliver the parcel in person a few hours later.
I haven't had enough time to open this one up, I plan on doing it later because I'm just too tired today.
The box looks good though.

screamingmetal
11-21-2005, 05:56 PM
I got mine out and displayed. It does have some slight flaws, the head could be sculpted less flat, I wish he didn't have holes all the way through his wrists, the feet could be smaller, and his feet could do with some heels. But I'm Very satisfied with him. He poses well and although the base body looks like crap when it's not in a costume (I've seen pictures) It looks fantastic in costume!
I also noticed that he has no zippers or Velcro, so he was sewn into his suit. No biggie really but if you want to replace the body someday you'll have some problems (The first Medicom Body I ever bought broke apart into a dozen pieces from just posing him, it was very fragile and it was a older Cromagnon body).

I'd like to get the black costume but I'm sure now that you have to buy this one and turn in the included coupon and live in Japan. I'll contact my dealer to see if he can hook me up.
If anybody has info on the black costume Spidey please let me know.

Darklord Dave
11-21-2005, 06:02 PM
My dealer said the black costume version would be available just like this one. But he could be wrong.

foolkiller
11-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey guys, I just registered solely to join this discussion. This was the only place I found to discuss these figures. I have the 3 Medicom Spiderman figures (Venom, Carnage, new Spidey). I just got the Spidey and aside from the big feet he is awesome.

I just wanted to chime and ask what Spiderman character would you like to see next. Has anyone heard any rumors of what the next Spidey figure will be, aside from the alien costume. I would think they would announce another soon unless they aren't making anymore. I would like to see a comic version of the Green Goblin or the Sandman.

chamildav
11-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Welcome foolkiller, I hope you find some other things of interest here beyond Medicom Spidey. This is one of the few sights I visit and post on regularly and appreciate the variety of discussion here. The SSC figures are pretty cool too if the subjects interest you. I'm a military, movie and monster sorta guy myself but I collect almost everything interesting. And I find almost everything interesting gosh darn it.
I haven't heard anything about what's coming up next in the Spidey/Marvel figures in the RAH line. They released the Spiderman figures you mentioned as well as Wolverine and Cyclops from the X-Men and it seems like we might see another mutant before we see another spider-foe. But I'd love a Green Goblin. He better come with a "Goblin Glider" and an adequate # of pumpkin bombs to seal the deal for me though. I'd also like Mysterio, Kraven and the vulture. And did I mention Black Cat? Well now I have.
My question for anyone in the know is how the Medicom license works? Is it done figure by figure with Marvel, by series (like all X-Men) or does it encompass all the Marvel properties period? It would be nice to know how this is handled. After all, I'm pulling for a Medicom Moon Knight and I wonder if it's even possible.

foolkiller
11-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh, I'm a big 1/6 collector. I have Dragon, BBI and sideshow stuff. I'm stoked for the star wars line. I generally hang out at the OSW for 1/6th but not to much chatter around there for the Medicom Marvel stuff.

Darklord Dave
11-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Didn't I hear a rumor of Colossus or Nightcrawler being next from Medicom? Or did I dream it?

I just got Venom today, haven't had a chance to open it, but I did like Carnage and that's the only reason I bought Venom.

chamildav
11-23-2005, 12:15 PM
I hadn't heard but I was just guessing an X figure based on the releases so far which is a pretty feeble thing to base a guess on.
My wishfull thinking guess would go back to Moon Knight. Possibly Cap if they could do a bigger body.
Speaking of, If it is Colossus I hope Medicom borrows the DC direct 13" body (they won't). He'd be about right.
Nightcrawler would be interesting. I'd like to see how they'ed do his tail.
I remain completely clueless but hopeful that whatever comes next will be something I want.

Bonehead15
11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I heard that Gambit ala Jim Lee is the next Marvel figure.

Colossus is after him with a "rumored" new 14 inch body. It's just a rumor though so don't get excited.

Darklord Dave
11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
oh yeah, Gambit sounds familiar. Where did I get Nightcrawler from?

And the bodies all seem to use different parts, so I wouldn't be surprised in a much taller Colossus, although 14" would be too tall.

Seth Gecko
09-22-2006, 10:28 PM
one of my favorite RAH's
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00320_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00317_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00280_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00276_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00256_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00324_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00373_00.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00432_00.jpg

Scarlet
09-23-2006, 04:57 AM
Hey hey... while we're at it.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0011.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0012.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0009.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1342.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1343.jpg

WEAPON X
09-23-2006, 10:03 AM

Scarlet,

Awesome Peter Parker bash! Your bash has given me personally, great inspiration in attemping my first bash project.

Thanks,

Ben

Scarlet
09-23-2006, 10:07 AM
yeah you should!
:cool:

Darth Caedus
09-23-2006, 10:10 AM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0011.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0009.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0015.jpg

WOW...is that what he looks like? He didn't look that great in the promo pics so I didn't pick him up. ARG, is that two figures you have there or just the one?

Scarlet
09-23-2006, 10:21 AM
The Medicom Spidey is a really nice figure. Definately my favourite next to Carnage.

The Peter Parker figure is a kit bashed figure made out of the Medicom Spidey Peter Parker head, Medi 301 Massive body. The other bits and parts of the costume is taken from other figures.

Here's a Carnage

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/cl12.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/cl9.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0016.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0018.jpg

WEAPON X
09-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Scarlet,

What other Medicom RAH, Marvel Comics or other than, do you have in your collection?

Ben

Scarlet
09-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I just have Superman, Spidey, Symbiote Spidey, Carnage, Wolverine, Stormtrooper, Rotj Vader, a few Ultramen, Masked Riders.
I had quite a number but sold them off like Batman, Rocketeer etc.

My next one should be Wolverine.:cool:

Like my fellow buddies, we hope that Medicom releases more of the Marvel Characters in the near future.

WEAPON X
09-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I just have Superman, Spidey, Symbiote Spidey, Carnage, Wolverine, Stormtrooper, Rotj Vader, a few Ultramen, Masked Riders.
I had quite a number but sold them off like Batman, Rocketeer etc.

My next one should be Wolverine.:cool:

Like my fellow buddies, we hope that Medicom releases more of the Marvel Characters in the near future.
Scarlet,

Like your fellow buddies, I also hope that Medicom continues the Marvel Characters. Several figures on my Medicom wish list are, Comic-Wolverine in his brown/yellow digs, comic-Logan, comic -Rouge and comic-Storm.
But I'ts been a while since Medicom has prducted any RAH Marvel characters. I hope Medicom still has production plans for 2007. Any Intel on your part?

Medicom will be producing a RAH Spawn figure for 2007.

Currently my Medicom RAH collection consist of;
Kaneda (from the movie AKIRA. Only 300 made world wide)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake
Rocketeer Ver 1
Rocketeer Ver 2
Jedi Luke Skywalker
BLADE (comic ver w/ dvd disks)
Cyclops (comic ver)
Wolverine (comic ver)
Spider-man II (Movie ver)
Spider-man (comic ver)
Spider-man Symboit (comic)
Superman ReturnsWith more to come as time goes on!

Ben

Scarlet
09-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Very nice Ben

I forgot to mention that I have the Metal Gear Solid croc cap version.

Cool! You have frggin blade.
I'd love to have that. In fact, so does my buddies.

I really want Medicom to release these Medi Marvel figures

Spiderman Line
Scarlet Spider
Green Goblin

X-men Line
Gambit
Magneto

Avengers Line
Cap America
Thor

I really excited at the prospect of owning the Medicom Spwan figure.
I am really anticipating the release.
I would want to pose it this way.:cool:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/spawn2.jpg

See you got Logan as your Avatar. I honestly think Medi wolverine is very nice. It's not great, but it's very nice.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/w3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/w4.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/w5.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/w8.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/w12.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/w.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_0001.jpg

WEAPON X
09-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Very nice Ben

Cool! You have frggin blade.
I'd love to have that. In fact, so does my buddies.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8080/mybladeii006smallyy2.jpg

Seth Gecko
09-23-2006, 03:03 PM
throw up some movie version pics.:cool:

Seth Gecko
09-30-2006, 08:53 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00741_00.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00321_00.jpg

nash
09-30-2006, 09:25 PM

Damn, this pic is so badass. I love it!

Darth Caedus
10-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Damn, this pic is so badass. I love it!

I would have to agree. I'm SO sorry I didn't pre-order him when I had the chance.

wookilar8
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Did anyone else notice that the back of the box says "The version of Spider-Man is Peter Parker's clone Ben Reilly." :confused:

Seth Gecko
10-08-2006, 09:55 PM
yeah mine says it as well.

I WISH i love that costume.

Seth Gecko
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00801_00.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00802_00.jpg

tinister
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Dang! I should have picked this guy up. This website had a bunch for 105 for the longest time. That's the lowest price I ever saw for it. Sold out now.

So cool.

Seth Gecko
10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
yeah 105 is a great price..I have the most fun with this figure.
lowest i see him now is 112$ at toynk.com

tinister
10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah 105 is a great price..I have the most fun with this figure.
lowest i see him now is 112$ at toynk.com

Yeah. Angolz.com had it in their "Discount Bin" for the longest time for 105. Wolverine and Cyclops is there still for 105 - btw.

But unfortunately - this was during a time where I was already booked up with purchases.

I may get him still now - after seeing these great pics.

Damn You!!!!

tinister
10-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey, Seth -

Are his feet flexible? Or is it a solid plastic boot?

Thanks.

Seth Gecko
10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
flexy...great for poses.
yeah i see him for like 110$ on ebay,Some suppliers must be getting em in.

nash
10-08-2006, 11:48 PM
all I have to say is, if youre looking for an example of superior poseability and proportion, Medicom Spidey is your answer!

WEAPON X
10-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Seth Gecko, Excellent pose! A Spidey classic, indeed! :clap
____
Ben

JABBATHERIDGE
10-12-2006, 03:13 AM

"My Spider sense is tingling am I really standing on a desk with a huge printer behind me or is this the work of Mysterio"

WEAPON X
10-12-2006, 07:32 AM
It's Swinging Time!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1853/newspidey2re5.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7063/newspidey1tn4.jpg

tinister
10-13-2006, 11:36 PM
WeaponX:

You sold me. I bought one online from a store in SF. Picking it up tomorrow. $120. Pretty good price since no shipping fee :)

Scarlet
10-14-2006, 12:05 AM
120 no shipping is indeed a bargain.

Xander
10-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Great deal, Tinister!!!

The more I see this figure the more I want more than any other!!! There just soooo much you can do with him. The price keeps me away I'm saving up for this sucker! He will be mine!

Wolverine I'm still on the fence about though. I just wish all the blues matched better. On to that thread!

tinister
10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
120 no shipping is indeed a bargain.

Yes :)

Great deal, Tinister!!!

The more I see this figure the more I want more than any other!!! There just soooo much you can do with him. The price keeps me away I'm saving up for this sucker! He will be mine!

Wolverine I'm still on the fence about though. I just wish all the blues matched better. On to that thread!

Thanks, Monitor.

Yeah - I was iffy about him for the longest time, but the pics from Seth Gecko and WeaponX on this thread really sold me. They're better than the official pics from Medicom - and also - I know that that is exactly what I'm getting for my money.

I'm waiting for my friend to head up to pick him up now :)

Seth Gecko
11-03-2006, 04:56 AM
"My Spider sense is tingling am I really standing on a desk with a huge printer behind me or is this the work of Mysterio"

lol :lol :monkey5 :monkey5

WEAPON X
11-03-2006, 08:58 AM
"Just for the effect. I need a better camera for one thing and better lighting as well but I have great spidey senses."

Swing on…Spidey, Yahoo!
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4770/sswingtime104ti2.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/373/sswingtime105rn3.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5514/sswingtime106zs2.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5694/sswingtime008jy2.jpghttp://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4044/sswingtime007bp6.jpg
http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/3623/sswingtime064qm1.jpg

Seth Gecko
11-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Nice!:D :cool:

Batman5
11-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Great pics of Spidey guys. Just lovely. I am still holding out for a Spider-Man 3 Medicom figure but if they don't make one I will come back and get this figure.

Seth Gecko
11-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Even with a more than likely SM3 medicom figure comin this comic version should not be passed up.(I've never gotten so much of the $ i spent outta any of my figures like i did with this one)

Shai
11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/oltar/DSC00801_00.jpg

Awesome figure and pics, Medicom,with their body ,was the best company to do this figure.You can really play with it..and thats nice.

Darth Caedus
11-26-2006, 07:42 PM
So it does seem that I will be having to pick him up. I was weary whenthey first got announced, but I will admit thatI was wrong and much have him.

The Mike
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't count on SSC getting a 12" Marvel license not because of MediCom but because I'm sure that Hasbro will be quite a roadblock with their ICONS line which are also 12". SSC would have to "sublease" the line like they did with the Star Wars 12" line. That has to be a lengthy process and I wonder if SSC would consider it a worthwhile move.

As for the "same" figures issue, I doubt it'd stop them but I'd love for two things to occur: 1. I'd love for the figures that are masked to include the head adapter with their civilian likeness. 2. I'd love for SSC to start with the Silver Age figures and the Kirbyesque look for the majority of the figures.

Seth Gecko
12-02-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm not into the ICONS i've tried and just can't.

The Mike
12-03-2006, 10:54 PM
I tried to get into Marvel Legends and couldn't. The ICONS line just brings back the same ol' bad taste in my mouth. I pray that SSC ends up with a Marvel line but I'm not holding my breath for anytime soon...

Darklord Dave
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't say that the ICONS line precludes SSC from doing a 1/6 line, since there have been distinctions between toys and collectibles before (ala Van Helsing). And Marvel cuts up their licenses into very small chunks it seems.

However with SSC importing the Medicoms I don't see them trying to get into them, developing new body styles, etc.

Seth Gecko
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Yup it's not gonna happen and thats fine medicom is doin a great job.(need more releases though)

WEAPON X
12-04-2006, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't say that the ICONS line precludes SSC from doing a 1/6 line, since there have been distinctions between toys and collectibles before (ala Van Helsing). And Marvel cuts up their licenses into very small chunks it seems.

However with SSC importing the Medicoms I don't see them trying to get into them, developing new body styles, etc.
Darklord Dave, a Big Dito!

WEAPON X
12-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Yup it's not gonna happen and thats fine medicom is doin a great job.(need more releases though)
Seth Gecko, Also a Big Dito!

Happy Holidays to you and yours, S.G.!

:fireworks

___
Ben

Seth Gecko
12-11-2006, 04:59 PM
To you as well.

bagelsncheesey
12-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Seth, i'm new here so I just wanted to say thanks for the pictures that you've posted. Because of them, i'm gonna totally grab me a Spidey. Thanks again!

Seth Gecko
12-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh hey no problem,It's those kinda pics that sold me waaayy back:D

JABBATHERIDGE
12-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Yes Seth Gecko's Medicom Spider-Man pictures are second to none, some great poses

PosterBoyKelly
12-13-2006, 06:47 AM
I've been drooling over them for some time. One day, Spidey will be mine. Maybe it will be my "After Christmas" present to my fav. person....ME!!! Wolverine is looking lonely and he needs a web-head smart mouth to pose next to him. Totally the BEST Spider-man on the market.

bagelsncheesey
12-13-2006, 09:24 AM
I'll definately be grabbing this after the holidays for myself too! Does anybody here have the Medicom Venom? If so, is this also a must have?

Seth Gecko
12-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I dunno if it's a must have thats up to you i like the look of carnage better. heres some venom pics.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60483

JABBATHERIDGE
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll definately be grabbing this after the holidays for myself too! Does anybody here have the Medicom Venom? If so, is this also a must have?

I'd say it's a must have if you're into Todd McFarlanes original Venom style from his first story in Spider-Man 300.

It's pretty much a perfect replica of that art in action figure form, but many like myself would've prefered to see a Mark Bagley style of Venom used for the design of the figure.

It's still a pretty nice figure though, but I'd also recommend the Icons Venom which is alot cheaper and also pretty cool when you consider the actual price point.

Seth Gecko
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
BBTS.com Has medicom spidey in for 115$

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10017&mode=retail

Seth Gecko
12-13-2006, 04:27 PM
gone that was fast.

JABBATHERIDGE
12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
That's incredible!

I've never seen a figure sell out that quickly when it wasn't an SSC SW exclusive of some kind.

Darth Caedus
12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
gone that was fast.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4076/noooopf2.jpg

Damn, I really wanted him too. Been at school for 3 days straight down work, that really annoys me. Oh well, have to get him on EvilBAY.....

Seth Gecko
12-14-2006, 08:28 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4076/noooopf2.jpg

Damn, I really wanted him too. Been at school for 3 days straight down work, that really annoys me. Oh well, have to get him on EvilBAY.....

not 115$ but 124$ is cheapest i can find

http://www.tfaw.com/Brands/Toy-Biz/Profile/Marvel-Real-Action-Heroes-Figure-12-Inch-Spider-Man___248784

Seth Gecko
12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
I noticed theres like none of comic spiderman left on ebay hardly.

jeeeezzz popular???:D

Ven
12-23-2006, 07:11 PM
nah, man probably people want to keep it in the box... you know how boring spiderman is...

Seth Gecko
12-23-2006, 09:17 PM
so true lol

nash
12-24-2006, 01:24 AM
imagine if he was LE of 1000 :rotfl

Scarlet
12-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Actually he was limited to 1000. Until they made more for sideshow to distribute.

nash
12-24-2006, 01:45 AM
the blue/red spidey was? I didnt know that. wow

Seth Gecko
12-24-2006, 01:48 AM
look at ebay ****in nothin anymore

Scarlet
12-24-2006, 02:23 AM
yeah the initial release was 1000 for all the Regular Marvel Comic figures. When Sideshow distributed them, I guess medi made more for them.

Seth Gecko
12-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Back in stock

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=medicom

screamingmetal
12-26-2006, 05:45 PM
I had a feeling that either version of comic Spidey would be hard to find which is why I immediately added them to my cart when Sideshow put them up.

When it comes to good versions of Spider-Man and Wolverine, I think you can count on an eventual sellout.
I also have the same feeling about Medicom movie Wolverine. Get him now while you still can.

Rob
12-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Gone. Damn....:monkey2 If only I could afford the goddamn things!

Seth Gecko
01-05-2007, 03:48 AM
in stock 115$

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIST-4309

Seth Gecko
05-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm on the prowl for this SOB again after my..."accident"

Scarlet
05-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Go for it bro. You deserve it.:cool:

PosterBoyKelly
05-17-2007, 02:48 AM
:chew AWESOmE except for Vader this is EASILY the best 1/6 figure made.

The Mike
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I want this one bad. The possibility of getting a RAH 301 and making a Peter Parker is really tempting too...

Scarlet
05-17-2007, 09:17 AM
You should not contemplate it any longer Mike. Get em!:cool:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1554.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1557.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1558.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1560.jpg

WEAPON X
05-17-2007, 10:32 AM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9381/img2121ea5.jpg
Photo creation by our own Freaks' member, "Edwint"

To review more amazing SPAWN and SPAWN/SPIDEY combo photos please go to URL;
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19495

Darth Caedus
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I was lucky enough to get on the WaitList for SS a couple of months back and he arrived on my doorstep about a couple of weeks ago. I was surpised, just put myself on the waitlist just in case, and SS came through.

El Roranous
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I was lucky enough to get on the WaitList for SS a couple of months back and he arrived on my doorstep about a couple of weeks ago. I was surpised, just put myself on the waitlist just in case, and SS came through.
Must have been more than a couple months back...I think I have been on since November. When did you get on?

Seth Gecko
05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
:chew AWESOmE except for Vader this is EASILY the best 1/6 figure made.

Gonna have to agree on that:cool:(i like posing this fig with the Comic PP head looks so good)I'll miss you comic spidey...till we meet again!!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/raylor99/DSC00802_00.jpg

piccolodaimaoh
05-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Gonna have to agree on that:cool:(i like posing this fig with the Comic PP head looks so good)I'll miss you comic spidey...till we meet again!!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/raylor99/DSC00802_00.jpg

Hey Seth, I remember when Spidey broke, I learned a valuable lesson that night:

Don't try posing your figures after you have had a few drinks. You might regret it.

That's one to grow on.

Have faith, True Believer, you will find that replacement.

The Ringer
05-17-2007, 02:18 PM
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :lol Come on man how could you possibly break spidey. I would of cried.:monkey2

Seth Gecko
05-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I did:o :D

Scarlet
05-19-2007, 05:40 PM
For you Seth Gecko!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1561.jpg

Go get another comic Spidey and kitbash a Peter!

devlinboy
05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I did:o :D

so did dave and i . . its fragile as hell

Rob
05-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Man, I'd KILL for one of these. Heck, I'd even buy a broken one! Such a sweet figure....

YoNoSe
05-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm always a little ashamed to jump on the bandwagon for a figure this late in the game, but these comic style figures went under my radar.

An ignorant question: was there a separate Peter Parker figure? I know Spidey comes with the Peter head, but where do all these cool street clothes and accessories come from?

Anyhoo, great pics everyone and cheers to all who got on at the ground floor...Ebay, here I come!

Ven
05-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm always a little ashamed to jump on the bandwagon for a figure this late in the game, but these comic style figures went under my radar.

An ignorant question: was there a separate Peter Parker figure? I know Spidey comes with the Peter head, but where do all these cool street clothes and accessories come from?

Anyhoo, great pics everyone and cheers to all who got on at the ground floor...Ebay, here I come!

scarlet makes these customs with aftermarket urban clothes.

Scarlet
05-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Like Snakebeater said. It's a kitbash from here and there. Pretty cheap but the camera would probably be the most expensive accessory.

There is no shame in getting into the game even this "late". :cool:

YoNoSe
05-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks, I'll have to see what I can find. Luckily I have an extra Medi body.

Scarlet
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
That's all you need to start.:cool:

WEAPON X
05-19-2007, 11:24 PM
For you Seth Gecko!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Rider_nigo/IMG_1561.jpg

Go get another comic Spidey and kitbash a Peter!

Seth, just go for it, buddy!
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4770/sswingtime104ti2.jpg

Seth Gecko
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
109$ better hurry.

http://www.razorsedgecollectibles.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1477

devlinboy
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
109$ better hurry.

http://www.razorsedgecollectibles.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1477

i was one step away from checkout and decided i would keep my broken leg version to save for something else.

Seth Gecko
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
gone someone got it.

rabidwolverine21
06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
mine had a broken leg and i was able to fix it, it looks just as good re sown and nice.

creecher
06-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Just got mine off ebay for $130 and another $30 for shipping. Pretty happy with that, cause they are just getting scarcer. Not ashamed one bit.

Karaduin
11-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Just found this pic I took of my Medicom Spidey when i first got him a few months ago. Necro thread FTW!!!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=840&size=1

Mobeill
11-06-2007, 01:06 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w320/Mobeill/DSCN0592.jpg I love Mine!!

Mobeill
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w320/Mobeill/DSCN0593.jpg

I wish I could take better pictures.

Karaduin
11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Take 2 - special edition

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=841

Mobeill
11-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Take 2 - special edition

Very Cool!!! Looks like the old Marvel photo/comics. What was that called?

Eli26
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Awesome pics guys! I love this figure! I am so fortunate that I got one! :)

nash
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Awesome pics guys! I love this figure! I am so fortunate that I got one! :)

:mexwave

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Eli26
11-08-2007, 11:32 AM
:mexwave

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Nash! Come on MSN you wascally wabbit!

Yup, Medicom Spider-Man kicks some serious butt! He looks better with the Peter Parker head on though. What do you think?

Karaduin
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Nash! Come on MSN you wascally wabbit!

Yup, Medicom Spider-Man kicks some serious butt! He looks better with the Peter Parker head on though. What do you think?

Yeah, i swap them round occasionally but i reckon spidey looks best in black...

*weeps cos i dont have the medi symbiote version*

nash
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
i just picked one up off a website brand new for $85 shipped. i love myself.

lerath666
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
wow. where?