My review of the Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I received my Sideshow Stormtroopers on Friday, and I'm pretty happy with them. Oh, there's a couple minor issues I have with the figure, but the armored body is tighter with this release (but not quite tight enough), and I like this guy better than the Medicom version of a couple years ago. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Looks like a deffinite pick up for me, can't wait for them to reach the UK!

Great review Michael! Sideshow really did a great job on this release, sure some issues here and there, but of the 3 high-end 1/6 stormies released so far that seems to be the case across the board.

This is one of the few 1/6 figures from the SW line I plan on getting a second of, too hard to resist the temptation to have Vader flanked by two stormies.

And can we expect to see more "at home" shots like this in the future :lol

review_sstrooper_large2.jpg

Hey, they get two 10 minute breaks on every eight hour shift, you know.

They're discussing whether or not Ben killed Penny.

Great review MC. I really loved the shot of the two troopers in the kitchen. :lol

One thing you might have mentioned was how the magnet on the holster comes out pretty easily. I have read quite a few folks who had their stick to stands or to the D pin on the blaster rifle. :lol

Great review. But where exactly did you get that kitchen playset? It looks fantastic and not Barbie-ish like most 1:6 playsets out there.

I for one don't have any issues with the armor. I'm betting the small cod piece was made to allow for better leg/hip articulation. Definately something I would not have noticed on my own, but I've never really been a stickler for the little accuracy problems like this.

I've had the kitchen set for a couple years now, but hadn't used it in any photos. There was just something about their armor and the white kitchen that I thought was particularly amusing. I bought the set for like five bucks on clearance at a Sears, and it's called 'my first kenmore'.

Be forewarned though - the set is a little short for figures above the usual Barbie height. You'll notice in the photo that the figures are boosted up to get them at a better height.

I've had the kitchen set for a couple years now, but hadn't used it in any photos. There was just something about their armor and the white kitchen that I thought was particularly amusing. I bought the set for like five bucks on clearance at a Sears, and it's called 'my first kenmore'.

Michael, that last pic had me rolling. I was like, "Damn, Mike likes to dress up like a stormtrooper!" then I was wait a minute, some of those things don't look real, then I was "Damn, Mike plays with Barbies!" Just the initial reaction.:eek:

Another great review, MC. I love this pic.

my fav pic as well batty.............needs a 1/6th smoke in his hand though.......:lol...........DAMN THE P.C. OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

great review MC.........:rock

Back