Something wrong with pm?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDboystoys

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didnt know where to post this so move it if its in the wrong area.

I cant seem to send messages(pm's)! I write the message but as soon as I hit send it freezes up! I've tried on several different computers so I dont think its just me. Is this happening to anyone else? How can I fix it? :sick

This happens to me everyonce in a while. What you have to do is take out the quote and you should be ok. It will also do this to me in certain threads.

PM issues

By the way Dave, the read receipts still seems to be having issues. I get some, but not all. I don't think it is people aren't allowing the receipts, because it is hit and miss sometimes for the same person. Just thought I would mention it if you are looking into PM issues.

Lonnie

FYI - I NEVER send read receipts - just a bit too big brother-y for me. Others might feel the same.

I had the same problem as BD mentions in his initial post. Tried to send a reply to a PM and it froze. That happpened twice. I didn't use any quotes, so it wasn't that. I will try again and edit this post to let you know.

It happened again. I see what you mean about the quote marks. The message I received had a quote in the content, so I deleted the quote entirely and it still froze. In the end I just sent off a separate PM altogether, that worked.

Last edited:
Good old ezboard, always screwing up...........oh wait. :p
I had the same problem, it took forever but eventually the message preview came up, and it took forever to send the message, but it eventually was sent.

Darklord Dave said:
FYI - I NEVER send read receipts - just a bit too big brother-y for me. Others might feel the same.

I'm the same way Dave

Stupid thing. I just hit reply again, wrote an enormous PM and it froze. I can't copy it and no way can I remember all the garb I wanted to say. I will try what Screamingmetal did and just wait and hope it eventually sends.

From now on BD I will be just sending my replies separately, if I can remember not to hit reply. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Which means I have to copy the message received so I know what to say in my reply. So, people, stop quoting when you send messages. It is starting to really iritate me. :banghead :banghead

I had to 'End Task'. Now I'm iritated. :mad: :taz :devil :hang

YOUR irritated! I DID IT 3 TIMES!! :banghead :banghead (stupid me) and my pm was HUGE! It was about a purchase and by my 4th time i was pissed. I didnt know what id writeen exactly so I think i forgot stuff. But by then I copied it into a word document and asked u guys wot 2 do!

im all better now!! :banana :wacky

More like that there's something wrong with the forum!
I've tried several (4) times to post using a quote, and it froze every time! :banghead

BDboystoys said:
I didnt know where to post this so move it if its in the wrong area.

I cant seem to send messages(pm's)! I write the message but as soon as I hit send it freezes up! I've tried on several different computers so I dont think its just me. Is this happening to anyone else? How can I fix it? :sick

It's still happening to me as well. :confused:

If this is still happening since the upgrade please send me the details - what's happening, your operating system and browser, ie - Mac OSX, Opera or XP and Firefox.

Back