What Do You Collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mrichards2002

Hi Everyone,

This is a good topic of discussion. Since we sell so many different Star Wars items in our store and I have people who come in strictly for Master Replicas. Then, I have my 3 Inch Figure customers who only buy the little guys. Finally the Hybrid Star Wars Collector who purchases Unleashed, Gentle Giant, Riddell Helmets, etc. What do you collect? As for myself, I never really got into the smaller figures until I found figure stands which EE sells. So I can actually stand them up because the always fall down. Not very well balanced. I personally like the big stuff like Compulsion Gallery, Attakus, then Gentle Giant, Unleashed and especially the older stuff which is no longer made, which I think are diamonds in the rough. Mainly the busts and Gamorrean Guard statue from Legends 3D (Big pieces, very nicely done, all sculpted by Greg Aranowitz). The Cinemacast Vader is a really nice piece. The Luke and Leia wasn't as nice. Finally, Applause made some real wonderful Hybrid Statues like Luke in Bacta Tank (Nicely Done Statue which Actually Lights Up) and Applause made a Han Solo in Carbonite Statue that Lights up as well. It's funny, because the new SS Vader Lights as well. Sideshow's Hybrid in my opinion was real clothing on polystone. Nice touch. So what interests you? Thanks for reading. This post got a little long.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

I think I must be a Hybrid Star Wars Collector. Anything that I see that I like and have the dough for it I will try and get.

But speaking of that Mike you dont have much SW on the site how come? Sell to fast in the store?

Hybrid here! :wave I just picked up another Holographic Yoda today, TRU is running a deal buy $25 of Hasbro for a free Yoda! I also grabbed a really cool PEZ C3PO dispenser, it is about 12" tall and lights up! :eek

I'm a Hybrid grad everything in site SW collector. I've got action figures, vehicles, unleashed, games, cards, MR, Code3, GG, SS preordered, Rubies, Icons, Legends in 3D, trailers, posters, pins, PEZ, hats, jerseys, autographs, promo items. I could go on but my memory is not as good anymore and I have had to leave a lot of things in boxes due to lack of space.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I picked up some packs of the new Topps cards today, they are nice - and I got the transformation card with Jake Lloyd to Vader. :banana

I tend to be character specific, but if I have a standard item its replicas...

Hi Everyone,

Casey, these do not make it anywhere. They pretty much sell out at the store. The word is out in NY that we are real big into Star Wars and people come everyday. Once in a while I will list a couple on Ebay, but it's rare. On the EP3 stuff, between steady in store customers, board customers who come to the store, steady International customers, friends, etc. It doesn't really last that long.

As for the collecting part of it. I really like the new 12" figures. They did a great job and the deluxe figures are also pretty cool. The Force Battlers were OK. Nothing special. I like some of the R2D2 carded which talk (beep). Those are really cool.

Mike
:ted

Did anyone else see those 12" PEZ yet, they have a Vader, C3PO and a Yoda? They are limited edition and very HUGE! :dunno

Re: re

GG dioramas (and helms when they are released)

SS figures (preordered all of them except exclusive Han so far)

Just Added a MR Red Clone Helmet to my list.

re

I've recently gotten into collecting (my poor wallet), but so far I collect GG's Star Wars busts and statues and Palisades Alien and Predator busts. As you can see, my head is in outer space. I had a couple SS LotR items, but there are too many to even contemplate getting any more. :bang2

I'm a huge Star Wars fan - as a child had the original first set of figures and the mail away display stand. But I got out of it as I grew older. When I got into 1/6 figures I started picking up some of the Hasblow figures, but always hated them because they were so cheesy.

But I now have all the SSc premiums on order...and all those MR light sabres are looking mighty tasty...

As far as Star Wars collecting goes I'm definitely the hybrid breed, and basically I have two principals that define my collecting habits and that I live by.

First up I'm no completist and I only buy the stuff that I really like and that really appeals most to me, and second, I have a very limited collecting budget so I only buy what I can afford, which makes the first point even more important, in only buying the stuff that I really like and know that I will be satisfied by.

Pretty much the only Star Wars line that I consistently buy is Unleashed, though I think code 3 is going to become my new obsession for a while and swallow up most of my cash. Apart from those I just grab the odd statue, (cheaper, such as the FX Lightsabers) replica, larger quality fig (such as the upcoming Sideshow Solo) or whatever. I'm never going to have a collection to rival most hardcore Star Wars fans, but the selected pieces I do have I'm really happy with. And at the end of the day that's all that really counts I guess. :)

Sev.

Back in the 90's, it was the Dark Horse - Dark Empire comics that renewed my passion for SW. I was never much into the action figures, although I do have a few stored away.
So I've collected most of the comics since then and I have also collected the complete Galaxy, Widevision, Finest, Metallic Impressions and a few other card sets. I also collected the Decipher SWCCG for the first few sets. I've also done a few of the model kits, they're fun.
I'm mostly into the original trilogy, so when the EP I & II come out my interest slowed just a little bit. That is until about a year ago, when I saw a GG Vader bust in a small comic shop and bought it immediately. Shortly after that I found the Boba in another shop and now I'm hooked on the GG busts. I'm trying to pick up on the OT busts that I've missed and any of the new ones that are released. And then there's LOTR, but I won't even go there.

:mwaha I agree GG stuff is really great! I just ordered the Greedo and Moff Tarkin busts, jazzed on getting those - thanks Bob!!! :bow

Lately though, I am really taking a liking to the MR mini sabers, I just ordered the Obi Wan and found 2 BB exclusive Sidious - - - - I think that my purchases are partly due to the SS lull at the moment. :google

I manly collect a few select modern 3 3/4" figures, mainly just Jedi and Clone/Storm Troopers. I've bought just a few of the newer vehicles, My favorite being the midget B-Wing (it's only 3 feet long) that I picked up for $10. Second would be the midget At-At Walker.

I pick up most of the Unleashed figures, I'm just missing a few. And I sometimes pick up the 1/6 Hasblow figures, just the ones that look good. like the new Grievous and Clonetropper figures, and later the new 1/6 Shaak Ti, and Luminara figures. And hopefully I'll get the Medicom 1/6 Vader when it's out.
I only own one GG bust, Boba Fett. I'd like to pick up some more but just can't afford them and 1/6 scale figures.
I also buy some of the Dark Horse Comics, just select ones from a series and some Trades.

Back