The OFFICIAL BB/DK Jim GORDON thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
Well, I have been sitting on this one long enough. Months now. Time to get the Gordon party started. I know most will be customs only, but they will be most likely seen here in the DC area, along with all the HT DK figures and such, as there should be many variant Gordons to come....Hope so any way...

FML GORDON

I had a chance to both photograph my own custom one, and make a video for YouTube of it with some of my others, so I went ahead and did so to catch some of the post Oscars, Heath win, third HT Joker announcment excitement fever.

So, here is my Gordon. I went with a blend of BB and DK looks, not wanting a specific either, so I could have my generic Gordon, either Lieutenant, or Commissioner.

g001.jpg

g002.jpg

g005.jpg

g003.jpg

g006.jpg

and an even older closeup shot of the paint for good measure...

g000.jpg

My Gordon components:
Head, Spencer sculpt and glasses, painted by Les Walker
Body, hands Dragon, hands painted by Les Walker
Shirt, dyed HT Clark Kent
Pants, 2nd Clark Kent. Has appropriate frumpy look to me...
Coat, a lucky find in my fodder bin. No inner jacket...yet...
Belt and gear, various, including DID HK cop and cop cap badge remounted on belt (needs proper decals for GCPD)
Tie, HT CK. Will be getting another one soon, but I liked the color with this set.
Shoes, repainted Dragon shoes
45 & Cop radio, DID
Base reworked HT DK stand, nametag coming.

KUDOS to Spencer for his amazingly satisfying sculpt. :rock

So, what do YOU have for YOUR Gordon?

NEW FML video of this with my other DK figs: GORDON video on YouTube

Last edited:
Awesome, just awesome. Les, because of you and others like Dark Artist, Sovereign Studios, C.Howes, Spencer and a whole lot out here, I have almost completely no longer care for "Official" made figures and so into Customs. I even started to learn how to repaint figures as well. You're a great inspiration and that is an awesome Jim Gordon. Thanks for the pics and hope to see more.

Awesome, Les! Yes!

Here's my WIP Gordon. Les will paint my Spenser head. The jacket will be dyed charcoal grey and be "above knee" length.

agor.jpg

So far:

Brown Did pants.
Dragon "short" body
Project Are gray shirt and green pattern tie.
Patton Trench Coat - belt and loops already removed
BBi Cop keys, belt. Not pictured - radio, pen, flashlight...

I will pick up brown leather shoes, add a badge and voila! I have a 45 somewhere too I think.

Last edited:
Looking good Pjam. The badges are out there. I used one from a cop cap from sometime back. I have a couple more if need be. There are badges on the cops also. Love the earth tone versions of him in contrast to the other characters. Looking good. Ironman, you need some parts. Let me know if I can help you. (Knowing you, you have a ton of fodder bits!)

Amazing work Les!!! I have the Spencer head and it's amazing, though I need to get it painted by one of our resident professionals. I put him on Sideshows medium body and used Fox Mulders' clothes. It's okay for the time being but need to get a trench coat or over coat to complete the look.

Wow Les! As it does not appear anywhere near complex as some of your other customs, this is by far my favorite custom you have done! Spencer's sculpt looks great with your paint work, the whole figure is exactly what you would want for a Nolan Gordon. Amazing work!

Thanks all you guys. Thanks Calvarenga for the kind words about inspiration.
I understand the inspiration part of it all. This figure really is a good one for a group enthusiasm too. To see all the various versions to come. I wanna see a SWAT one too. But thanks and I read you loud and clear!

I had this one finished for so long, but I tell ya, when he was done, back in...when was it? I don't know, last year some time, anyway, I couldn't stop looking at him. Not because I did anything, just because it was so satisfying to have GORDON in among my DK guys. I hope you guys get one too. It makes the set so much more rounded.

And wherever Spencer is, he needs to heed the call of the legions now...get with it Steven! Your fans await! :rock

Wow Les! As it does not appear anywhere near complex as some of your other customs, this is by far my favorite custom you have done! Spencer's sculpt looks great with your paint work, the whole figure is exactly what you would want for a Nolan Gordon. Amazing work!

Thanks. I am very happy with him for some reason too. It just works.
A testament to the role and to Gary Oldman? Must be. Plus, I love Gordon.

I did have the long trench coat from the same HT Clark Kent as the pants, but after seeing his shorter coat in so many scenes in both BB and DK, I realized a trench was not quite right. The mid-thigh length coat is better, and it is grey. Not exactly what I used, as it has shoulder flaps and all, but I had this one, and look at that fit! I was just...that's it! So, he works for me.

Gonna be some cool figures coming here! I can tell! :rock

Back