Soldierstory: 1st SFOD-D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
does anyone here have this one yet?? i just ordered mine from Monkeydepot and it should arrive on tues. looks pretty darn impressive to me.
attachment.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

I received mine recently from Vikingplayground. Have'nt put him together, but he looks to be another hit from SS.

My favorite piece is the M1911 .45 pistol.

^^^it does,but i also think it looks a little like david boreanz from Angel.

That's what I thought initially, but it's just the hair and brow that look close. You lose him from the eyes down. David's jaw is nowhere near as square as this Headsculpt's. Hence why I thought it was Cena.

Yeah, that's definitely Cena. I'm in the process of putting my SFOD-D together right now. Last night I managed to get at least 1/4 of the way finished. This is really a great looking figure.

Yeah, that's definitely Cena. I'm in the process of putting my SFOD-D together right now. Last night I managed to get at least 1/4 of the way finished. This is really a great looking figure.

I couldn't imagine being in nowadays with all the gear and crap (I don't envy you guys in the least :lol). It looks cool and all, but it's a LOT of crap! Assembling these badboys makes me long for the days of the "H" and "Y" harnesses over a flack vest or the simple Omega vests overtop the armor.

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine being in nowadays with all the gear and crap (I don't envy you guys in the least :lol). It looks cool and all, but it's a LOT of crap! Assembling these badboys makes me long for the days of the "H" and "Y" harnesses over a flack vest or the simple Omega vests overtop the armor.
lol... this is true. it almost takes me longer to assemble one of these guys than it does to assemble a HT Predator. I'm almost second guessing ordering this guy because i just realized the upcoming pre-orders i have. :( i hate to say it but this guy might get put in the FS section when i get him.

Yeah, the first time I had to put MOLLE gear together I was like WTF? Life was definetly much simpler (and lighter) when we just had the Y harness and flak vest. I still have fond memories of the old RBAs and LBVs as well.

Yeah, the first time I had to put MOLLE gear together I was like WTF? Life was definetly much simpler (and lighter) when we just had the Y harness and flak vest. I still have fond memories of the old RBAs and LBVs as well.

I don't get the new mindset either. The armor under the harness or Omega was hands down more efficient. If you needed to ditch your gear, you still had your armor. If you needed to ditch your armor, you still had your gear. The way it is now, if you have to ditch it, you lose everything AND, you rightly can't reassemble it if you use the emergency release. :huh Not to mention the wonderful feeling your fingers/thumbs have after a night spent lacing pouches. Talk about Nintendo Thumb from hell! :lol

I remember my days in the Corps (Mid to late 90's) it was my brain bucket, woodland PASGT flak jacket, Y-harness LC-1/LC-2 gear, and A2 that's it.

Now it's designer brands Oakley, BOLLE, Danner, body armor systems, ceramic strike plates, ballastic eye protection, M4's, ACOG's.:horror That stuff was usually only reserved for Special Ops guys. That's some progress.

lol... this is true. it almost takes me longer to assemble one of these guys than it does to assemble a HT Predator. I'm almost second guessing ordering this guy because i just realized the upcoming pre-orders i have. :( i hate to say it but this guy might get put in the FS section when i get him.

Sorry to hear you might not be able to keep him. If you have no luck selling, I have some stuff for trade if anything catches your fancy here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31217

hmm.. so this guy just arrived and so far i'm rather confused. this guy is a pain to assemble...and no pics/ instructions on how to do it. i know its pretty common sense, but most of my military figures at least had pics on the outer box so i could look at what its supposed to look like.
~~oh, and i can't get the head onto the neck post...i pulled it out of the tray and the head just fell off and i cant get to pop back onto the post. anybody else have this problem???

I've seen the head problem on some of the S2 nudes. What you need to do is first remove the pin that holds the head on the body, put it back on the body and then put a head on it. Use hair fan or hot water to pull the pin out - don't just yank it out of the head or you will either break the pin or damage the head. I usually use the hot water trick, much faster and safer IMO.

As for the pic reference, use Soldier Story promotion pics to get an idea of where the pouches should go. That is if you want to assemble the figure like on pictures, but you can also rearrange the pouches any way you see them fit... You'll need tweezers to weave the pouch straps on the vest - that and a few hours and some patience. I usually spend around 3-4 hours to properly fit everything on a figure. Start with attaching pouches to the vest (don't put it on a figure) and remove everything from inside of the pouch as you attach it. I know it's a pain, but it's half the fun:) I heard some people simply attach the pouches to vest with glue - but of course, I doubt you will be able to repose/reuse pouches later on and will probably have a hard time selling the figure down the road if you decide to...

Alexei

I've seen the head problem on some of the S2 nudes. What you need to do is first remove the pin that holds the head on the body, put it back on the body and then put a head on it. Use hair fan or hot water to pull the pin out - don't just yank it out of the head or you will either break the pin or damage the head. I usually use the hot water trick, much faster and safer IMO.

As for the pic reference, use Soldier Story promotion pics to get an idea of where the pouches should go. That is if you want to assemble the figure like on pictures, but you can also rearrange the pouches any way you see them fit... You'll need tweezers to weave the pouch straps on the vest - that and a few hours and some patience. I usually spend around 3-4 hours to properly fit everything on a figure. Start with attaching pouches to the vest (don't put it on a figure) and remove everything from inside of the pouch as you attach it. I know it's a pain, but it's half the fun:) I heard some people simply attach the pouches to vest with glue - but of course, I doubt you will be able to repose/reuse pouches later on and will probably have a hard time selling the figure down the road if you decide to...

Alexei
cool thanks for the pointers!!! i was thinking about trying the warm water trick...i'm used to this from the hot toys figures.

Alexei is right. You need to exercise tactical patience when putting these complex modern military figures together. Personally, I love it. Model building on a different level. :)

hmm.....now i'm starting to get ticked. i've tried the hot water trick, but still can't get the peg out of the head. i've tried pliers and tweezers and neither have worked and i don't want to break it.
IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Heat it up and while still pliable, try a BBQ fork. Sounds crazy but the gap between the tongs should be wide enough to set the ball between and give you leverage enough to pop it out.

Here's a inspirational video to watch as you put your fig together:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eK43pDZZPVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eK43pDZZPVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Can you post more photos of your
Delta figure when you get him fixed?
I would love to see them! :)

Here's a inspirational video to watch as you put your fig together:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eK43pDZZPVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eK43pDZZPVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

uhh...:lol I wonder if any of the operators in that vid should've had their faces pixelated. :huh

Back