What new Gentle Giant dioramas do you want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

elwood49

Well, we know that after the 'Trooper on Dewback that Biker Scout on Speeder Bike and Luke on TaunTaun are next. What do you want after that?

My List of possibilities:

Jabba the Hutt w/ Salacious Crumb and pipe (done in the same way that the Attakus pieces look when fully set-up)

Rancor eating Gammorrean Guard w/ possibly a Jedi Luke in the piece somewhere

Anakin in Pod and Sebulba in Pod (interacting w/ each other as in the race)

I can think of many others, but what do you want? Does GG listen to suggestions, in the same way that SS/W does?

I'd definitely go for a Jabba/Salacious/Pipe diorama. Maybe they'd throw in a Slave Leia as well. :lol The Rancor about to take a bite from the Guard would be awesome as well. Both are great ideas.

I would like to see the Wampa in some format, maybe a diorama with his cave and Luke hanging from the ice.

My only other idea would be a Dagobah diorama either in Yoda's home or Luke standing on his hand with Yoda perched on his feet while trying to stack rocks. The possibilities are endless.

I'd like to see:
Luke and Vader at Cloud City in ESB when Vader is telling him that he is his father.
Fett with Han Solo in carbonite being pushed on his way to his ship.
Anakin with the Blue Clone Troopers walking twords you.
Vader and the emperor

Yeah Richard, I definitely want the Wampa to show up in some form. Maybe the upcoming Luke on TaunTaun will have a Wampa about to sneak up from behind? I'm doubtful that will happen though. The TaunTaun will most likely be standing on the rock formation as when we first see Luke in ESB. Dagobah diorama.:drool

I 'd also like to see a Rancor and Luke diorama and those:

- Luke with Yoda on his back (Dagobah)
- Ewoks fighting Stormtroopers
- Boba being eaten by Sarlacc
- Anaking riding the beast in the arena

I would like to see:

Obi-Wan vs Vader diorama
Luke vs Vader diorama
Darth Maul at the hanger diorama
Royal Guards with the elevator diorama

re

Maul on Speeder bike
Tusken on Bantha
Jabba with Oola
Rancor & Luke
Jawa on Ronto
Luke & the Landspeeder
Battle droid on STAP :eek :rock
Obi-Wan on Eopie with Luke.
Anakin/Vader with Medical droid
Luke in Bacta Tank
Vader in Meditation Chamber
Vader on funeral pyre :D
Jedi Spirits
The Rebo Band
Emperor seated
Snowtrooper with cannon
Sandcrawler with Jawa(s)
Probe Droid
Gungan and Fambaa...might work

Re: re

Palpatine taking on the four jedi masters shown on the trailer, " Are you threatening me Master Jedi!?!?!" :rock

wortt.jpg

Not much chance, but it would sure be fun. It's the Wortt outside of Jabba's palace at the first of ROTJ. Sculpt him just as he flicks his tongue out to get the little creature scurrying in the rocks. I always loved that shot.

This thread has me drooling at the possibilities. :drool

Add these mentioned above to ones I want:
Battle Droid w/ STAP
Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan w/ Luke on Eopie
Tusken on Bantha
Maul on Speeder w/ his droids floating in the piece.

I'll most likely limit my GG diorama purchases to "rider on steed" types that couldn't be made in a larger scale.

For example, Obi-Wan v. Vader will be represented in my collection by the two Sideshow pieces. I want the dioramas to be BIG characters/ships that are too large to be made otherwise.

re

Now, despite a few things that weren't quite right about Ep1, ;) I must confess to liking the Gungan race. So in keeping with the diorama theme I'd love to see a Captain Tarpals on Kaadu with a few of those energy balls included for good measure. :p 8)

I really like the Gungans also. Their behavior leaves a bit to be desired, but I just like the idea of an underwater world in the Star Wars universe. Gazmog's idea of a Gungan on a Kaadu would be great. I would buy that also.

I hope that GG makes some PT dioramas soon. They need to be represented in my collection.

re

I hope that GG makes some PT dioramas soon. They need to be represented in my collection.

Absolutely!!!! There were a lot of positive things about Ep1, and GG's decision to release Maul (bust-up & forthcoming statue) is perhaps a strong indication that they are listening to what collectors' are telling them...that there were a great many good things that could be immortalised in resin from TPM. After all, it was the movie that introduced droids as soldiers. Such a great concept. :rock

I cant wait to see the Maul statue! I like the fact that he will have his hood up, just sounds like a bad ass statue.

Not only will Maul have his hood up, but it is removable as well! You can display him either way.

Does anybody know when Gentle Giant is planning to release their new line?

re

Lakehouse, rest assured a lot of new stuff will be announced over the course of this year. Have you signed up to their newsletter?

Back