DC Direct Lex Luthor 13inch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's great, I was hoping for Batman or Flash - but this will go really well with Superman. Since it was supposed to be 4 heroes first, I'm hoping this means that the line is successful and expanding.

Wow. Kind of a surprise. Superman is coming as planned ( It was in Previews for October or November 2005) as is GL, but I'd swear they announced Batman at SDCC and a fourth "mystery" hero. Maybe not.
Lex is too tall but otherwise pretty darned cool. I'm not sorry to see him. It's just going to be sad if we don't see comic version Batman. I hope the cruddy "Batman Begins" figure wasn't the Batman they meant.
I was hoping for and remember speculation the fourth figure was going to be Wonder Woman. Dave said the hot rumour was "The Flash" at Comic Con and I guess it made sense that they might not do a female figure in this first round of characters. Still was pulling for that one though. The first three characters should really have been the DC "Trinity".
And again I agree with everyone who feels the figures (with the exception of Superman) are too tall. I wish they had done a "big Guy" body and a smaller one. Oh well. I'll be getting all of them anyway. I'm a sucker for a pretty superhero toy. Or supervillian.

I spoke directly with George Brewer at SDCC - he said no females until they knew the line was viable. I'd heard Batman and Flash were next, but he wouldn't confirm or deny that.

Geez, I hope it will be viable. I want every character in the DCU and I think Superman and the others better be real popular if I'm going to get my silver age "Captain Comet" and the worlds second greatest superhero, Rex "Tick Tock" Tyler, the man of the hour (or the "Hour of power"), Hourman!
Yeah, I tend to like, shall we say, less main stream characters ( I'm a fan of the mainstream heroes too). I'm digging all the "Infinite Crisis" lead-ins and tie-ins right now. Fan boys dream.

Why, in my day, Luthor was fat and wore a lab coat like any self-respecting mad scientist, and we liked it!

Oh well, at least he's in his battlesuit from the Action Comics 544 makeover, and not in a suit and tie. DCD's Silver Age Superman Series 1 Luthor action figure is more Old Man FrankenFan's speed.

I'm glad to see Superman's shield looking better but, what's up with the belt loops on his briefs? And those boots? But, gee whiz, poor Clark —*would someone get Greg Mowry on the phone? I was really looking forward to this figure. Now, not so much.

GL's looking really great, however. Love the snap-on mask and light-up Power Battery!

illyria_tsr.jpg

This is the Luthor I remember, although I prefer the businessman character (it wouldn't have made an interesting figure though).

I was surprised to see his shield without the black lines - I asked specifically about that too and was told it was difficult to screenprint without the lines. But the boots and belt loops do look pretty tragic. I'm still psyched about this guy, but my expectations are lower.

Now if DC can only give their Vertigo characters this kind of treatment. Or Sign on the Dotted line and let Sideshow do them.

Superman's belt loops are pretty "whack" but I imagine they can be fixed. Not that you should have to.

GL does look good. Pretty much exactly what we have been seeing and that's good enough for me.

Maybe Clark's suit can be used on Lex for those who prefer the new and improved Luthor. But as a toy I like the seventies look he comes with. Very "Secret Society of Supervillians".

FrankenFan said:
Oh well, at least he's in his battlesuit from the Action Comics 544 makeover...

Oops! I meant to write, "Oh well, at least he's not in his battlesuit from the Action Comics 544 makeover...

By the way, wasn't the costume from the seventies purple and green?

crdl_tsr.jpg

Lex is not at all what I was expecting. I guess the larger size of the figures will work well with all the others. I'm not much of a Superman aficionado but I always liked the Idea of a very rich business man that is so popular and charismatic that Superman can't expose him for what he really is.
I'm loving the Green lantern but I wish he came with two heads so that the mask looks flush against his skin and not a thick plastic piece that fits onto his face.
Supe's shield looks so much better, but his costume could've been tailored better.
And the new Green Lantern series 2 and Elseworlds series 2 figures look great!

Not that impressed really, though if they are doing villains, and if the line continues, I will now be hoping for a Brainiac.

Yay :) It's the Lex I know from my youth; he looks great all garbed up in the traditional comicbook colours of villainy - brings back the happy nostalgia of Mego's Pocket Heroes Lex. Plus he's a well executed figure too...

But 13", same height as their Supes? Thhhpt. There goes any chance of displaying him on my 'shelf of evil' with assorted 1/6th scaled badness... and as I don't have the space to start displaying a new line of 13" scaled figures so I'm afraid DCD won't be getting my cash. Well, perhaps one when they're being sold off cheap so I can do a Hellboy body swap but otherwise ain't got the money or space to give to a new big figure scale.

Nick

I just got finished up at my local comic book store and much to my surprise the 13" Lex Luthor arrived today. I have not cracked him out of the box yet, but from what I can see he looks much better than I originally thought he would.

Esp. since he cost $59.99.

"just got finished up at my local comic book store and much to my surprise the 13" Lex Luthor arrived today. I have not cracked him out of the box yet, but from what I can see he looks much better than I originally thought he would."

I thought he looked much better than I expected too, DK. I was pretty happy when I saw him today. Not as pinheaded as I thought he was going to be. His body is still way massive, but this is the body were getting and that's it. I like the costume, and his pistol and holster are pretty neat. Overall a nice figure.

The DC 13 are the only collectibles I don't get mail order because I have to have them the same day. So after work I tottle down to Golden Apple where I've gotten all the others on release day, including the very popular Superman. But they were SOLD OUT! I was so perturbed I didn't pick up the few token books I'd selected.

Guess it's mail order after all...

Darklord Dave said:
The DC 13 are the only collectibles I don't get mail order because I have to have them the same day. So after work I tottle down to Golden Apple where I've gotten all the others on release day, including the very popular Superman. But they were SOLD OUT! I was so perturbed I didn't pick up the few token books I'd selected.

Guess it's mail order after all...

I've had to resort to mail order on the 13" DC Direct line as well! The comic shops don't order many of them and they sell out quickly! My Lex should arrive on Monday as I already received a shipping notice from Alter Ego Comics.

Jase

Back