Extreme Pre-Sale or maybe just extremely foolish.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Who would pay that price.:puke Hell, I'd sell mine for $899.00:lol Any takers? I also love how the reserve is not met at $899.00. :rolleyes .

Someone had one up a while back and I think the BIN was $1200. He's going to be popular - but that's a bit extreme.

The guy's shipping fee includes insurance for $3500? How high does he think his auction will go? :lol

Maybe sometime in the future it will be worth that price but not right now!

I think in the future it WILL @#%$ that price, and not that far off either....2000 from SSW, and however many from SWS (which sold out stupidly fast, by the way) will NOT be enough to hold off the legions of fans (millions) that will want large Vader collectibles REALLY soon...Can't wait for SSW to release an Obi, an Emp., and a Stormtrooper...

SSc can legitimately release up to 4 Vaders - one from every film he appears in. So I think eventually everyone that wants a Vader will get one.

I'll be really angry is SS releases multiple Vaders. The SW Universe has an INCREDIBLE amount of characters. It makes the amount of characters in LOTR seem tiny by comparison. SS just needs to get as many of these great characters as possible out before their license ends. Remember, they only have the license for 3 years (I think?) and that includes this year.

I wouldn't buy more than one Vader.

It would just like them doing Strider, Elessar and Aragorn on steed. It's not to get the collector to buy multiples of the same character - it's to allow new collectors to get a beloved character, yet still protect the collectibility of the original.

But I'm not saying that's what they will do. You're right, there are hundreds of characters to do. However not everyone is going to want a Plo Koon, and there will always be more people that Vader...

re

The Unleashed line is a prime example of how Vader variants have impacted on the collectors, and those in circulation fetch very healthy sums at auction. The same would probably apply to SSC. Any popular character will have that effect.

As for the likes of Plo Koon, if he were released as an exclusive (3-digit ES)...attitudes would change radically. ;)

I want a Plo Koon.....I want a Plo Koon......uh, which one is Plo Koon?

EDIT:
OK, nevermind, I just looked him up in the Databank. A pretty obscure character....to say the least.

Not that obscure. He's one of the 12 members of the Jedi Council. I also always thought that he was the coolest looking of that group.

For those that think he's obscure. I remember buying the action figures when I was a kid. They made one of just about every character. Can you say Yak Face? Hammerhead? Snaggletooth? Walrus Man? Those are obscure.

OK, obscure is probably a poor choice of words.
Instead, I'll describe him as quiet, unassuming, a wallflower. ;)

YEP, and a damn shame they never kept his yellow bladed saber.

He had a yellow saber?:thud I think that would've been really cool. I like the idea of unique sabers. I think Mace's purple one is very cool. Of course, maybe the eventual DVD will be mastered by Lowry Digital again, and he will have a yellow saber.:lol Much like Luke's color changing saber on the Ep. 4 DVD or Vader's bubblegum colored saber.

Back