Is this the hottest Wonder Woman collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not even a fan of the character, but I'd probably buy this...

img0240so1.jpg

What is this, how tall, how much and when does it come out? :lol

this is definately not the best Wonder Woman sculpt out there, but if you're into it then pick it up. People need more WonderWoman in their lives.

Is this the hottest? I would say no. Personally I would say the Hughe piece is the sexiest although I will admit I was very saddened by the fact nothing was made in the Wondy likeness of the Late Michael Turner's Identity Crisis cover which was the sexiest I've seen the character drawn in a long time.

3963_a_full.jpg

Is this the hottest? I would say no. Personally I would say the Hughe piece is the sexiest although I will admit I was very saddened by the fact nothing was made in the Wondy likeness of the Late Michael Turner's Identity Crisis cover which was the sexiest I've seen the character drawn in a long time.

3963_a_full.jpg

There was a seller on eBay that had a custom WW statue of Turner's image above. Can't remember what it sold for...but it was very nice. :naughty

That's a nice statue but I'd have to agree that Hughes' is best so far. A statue of the Turner cover would rock. I've got the Turner Supergirl statue and I love it.

It's nice...would be even nicer if it didn't have that "tarot" card from Trinity. I would have to agree that the Adam Hughes WW is much better.

The Terry Dodson WW figure is great too! Every DC fan should have one.

Do they ever sculpt nipples on Women figures?

Ummm...yeah. They do on the new Silk Specter figure. WW's wouldn't be visible due to her "WW eagle symbol" being part armor.

That's a lil bit of an odd question btw. I don't think i'd want a kid getting a toy with "pokies".

3963_a_full.jpg

Every female he drew imo ended up looking like WitchBlade/Fathom playing DRESS UP. You know? That's the only thing I didn't like about his artwork.

The hottest? Not even close. I have a bunch of WW action figures that look nicer.

BB

Last edited:
I guess I finally took the time to look at a collectible and assumed it was one of the best :lol

I'm still feeling it more than the Hughes one... face looks a little rough on that one, imo.

I don't like it its a really plain looking sculpt. It doesn't even look human really (I know its a comic character but still) and no detail in the costume, gold bits, great detail etc.

Even with all of the great statues I still think the coolest WW sculpt is the one from her line in DC Direct (the one that had Donna Troy as WW in the same line).

3963_a_full.jpg

That's a great illustration, and I do like Turner's art, but IMO that's not how WW should look.

She's got like an 18 inch waist in that pic. Dianna is an Amazon princess not some stripper.

Every female he drew imo ended up looking like WitchBlade/Fathom playing DRESS UP. You know? That's the only thing I didn't like about his artwork.

You're right but you can say the same for a lot of these "stylized" artists. Jim Lee's female characters all look the same too.

I don't disagree but find it funny that Turner gets nailed for that more than others. Look at Jim Lee, Liefield, McGuinness, Ramos (both of them), Finch, the list would go on and on. All of their characters look damn near identical separated solely by the costuming they wear. Hell all of Alex Ross's designs look near menopausal yet Turner gets nailed for it more. I actually like Turner's interpretation of Wondy because she may look thin and extremely stereotypically feminine but knowing that she could take down a building and go toe to toe with the males to me makes her more powerful then if she looked like a Tranny. The reintroduction of Supergirl done by Turner in the Batman/Superman books was really well done and she was as powerful as ever. Just like She-Hulk, I always enjoyed the cheesecake take on her but knowing her power than the beefed up bodybuilder type.

I will admit though his Power Girl was a tad ridiculous.

justiceleague-10.jpg

Back