Drusilla - her ship comes in!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
in 10-15 days - are they trying to get all the Buffy figures out by the end of the year too, just like LotR?

I think this may end up being my favorite BTVS figure from Sideshow so far. Can't wait until it comes in, and I hope it looks every bit as good as the pics make it seem. Now, give us a human-faced Dru, and praise will follow... :D

It seems like everything is shipping amazingly fast!! I only hope that this expidited service doesn't signal the end of BTVS like it is now for LOTR. More Buffy figures please! Giles, Cordy, Adam...just keep 'em coming Sideshow!

Drusilla looks awesome!

Welcome to the board Hydralisk!! :banana :banana :banana :banana

Great, but I'm still waiting for Mulder.
On my account it says that he is in process
for the last 3 weeks.

Dru looks cool though.
Now I just need a dungeon environment for her.

Got the notice too this afternoon. I am pleased to see here shipping now.

Of course, I have to also sound like a broken record as this is yet another 12" figure that didn't make it to the coming in 30 day section of the newsletter. Although, it will likely appear in the next one.

My credit card statement gets issued in the next few days so I am
hoping Dru won't be on it until next statement. Plus what ever I pick
up during the spooktacular.

Thanks for the welcome, Seaward. Joined up before the move, its just taken me a while to get back on. Must say, its good to be back. :banana

hmmmm ok I need opinions ppl! These are the things i want to get but I dont know which to save for next!
there!...

Factory X Sword of Angelus replica
1/4 scale Freddy(original)
Sideshow Dusilla
Sideshow Vampire Buffy

wot you guys think I should save for...!

I'm looking forward to seeing Drusilla. The pictures of her are fantastic. I love her outfit, and the sculpt looks excellent.

Now if only they would announce a Giles....

BDboystoys said:
hmmmm ok I need opinions ppl! These are the things i want to get but I dont know which to save for next!
there!...

Factory X Sword of Angelus replica
1/4 scale Freddy(original)
Sideshow Dusilla
Sideshow Vampire Buffy

wot you guys think I should save for...!

Now this just sucks! The place I found that had sideshow angel instock...dont. I ordered it over 3 weeks ago and got a conformation email and I recently emailed them again to find out when it would roughly arrive and they said they dont actually have it in stock! now I got some more money in my hands...which of the obove would you reccomend i get the most?

BDboystoys said:
Now this just sucks! The place I found that had sideshow angel instock...dont. I ordered it over 3 weeks ago and got a conformation email and I recently emailed them again to find out when it would roughly arrive and they said they dont actually have it in stock! now I got some more money in my hands...which of the obove would you reccomend i get the most?

I'd get Vamp Buffy if the exclusive is still available. The exclusive tombstone is one of SS's best exclusive items ever.

BD,
I got a couple of the Factory X prop items, and haven't been thrilled with the quality, even for the cheaper cost than some other prop lines. United Cutlery does such a great job with prop swords that the Factory X stuff kinda pales in comparison. My personal preference would be a couple of BTVS figs instead of the sword. I haven't ever gotten a premium format figure, though they are certainly awesome, and the freddy/jason pair would easily top my list if I ever fell for this line (dear lord I hope I don't!) The Dru hasn't arrived yet, but the proto pics look awesome and the costume looks great. The vampire buffy is really spectacular, though. I wasn't thrilled with the character selection, as I would prefer Giles, Cordy, etc.. to a variant, but the buffy likeness is really great, and the sculpt is top notch. The paint work is really good too, and she really is one the highlights of the Buffy line. The axes she comes with are new, and look great, and if the exclusive is still an option, the tombstone is pretty great. I hope we get her other tombstone, but I really don't think we need another buffy for a while. Just my opinion, hope this helps!

thanks for the help guys! Seaward which Factory X props do you have? any pictures? I've seen pics of the sword and it look superb(but not accurate, it should be longer and have no groove in the blade.) Its selling out fast so Im swaying towards the sword but i also really want vampire buffy and Dru...hmmm lifes full of hard decisions :confused:

I had gotten the cross and the slayers stake, and got an opportunity to see the sword of angelus, scythe, Vampyre book, and a couple of other items up close. The cross has nothing to distinguish it, and the price you pay is for a velvet box with the buffy logo. I first saw the stake at a convention, Wizard World Chicago I think, and the guys at Palisades kept insisting that what was displayed was only prototype, and we should expect changes by the time shipping occured. Those changes never came, and I can assure you that if the stake is wood, then it is balsa. It has no weight, and my friends all joked that I had lovingly displayed a sexual aid given the appearance. The Factory X website insists that is is based on a season one stake, but the photo I think they reference shows a light wood stake with a tip that appears burnt, probably from dusting vamps, whereas the one I have has a dark brown finish. The box for the stake was also manufactured upside down, with the logo plate on the bottom! I was really disappointed by these two items, and I am a huge BTVS fan. I saw the prototypes for the Vampyre book and the Scythe and Sword at Wizard World again, and was told that changes were gonna come. The scythe had a terrible finish, and the red section was painted on, and the sword was not too impressive, and the leather wrapped handle didn't seem too nice. But I'd rather buy the Sideshow figures and the Palisades Palz for Buffy stuff, which provide a huge source of joy. These little mini-figs are hugely addicting, and incredibly fun.

Ooo, I really wanted to buy the Scythe but that's not a very glowing review. I don't know if I want to spend that much on something that doesn't look good. Especially considering how nice the UC LotR swords are and the relatively low price they are.

I asked about the scythe and they said it would have the chrome finish as in the show. The proto did look pretty bad though. And it's tiny, I guess it just big in SMG's small hands.

Thats wierd Ive had ppl say the sword was wonderful and others so it wasnt, anyway Im probably going with the sword as I found it for a great price, really great price. Thanks heeps for all your input it helped me make my decision, Vamp buffy is next :D

Back