The People Vs George Lucas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I still hate JarJar and always will. George you are dead to me.

i'm still pissed at george for indiana jones 4.
f#$@Kin cgi monkeys.

but we're all suckers for punihment, aren't we? cos we keep buying the stuff his empire churns out. :D

I hate his greedy ass. Its not even about raping childhoods. I just want to for once, sit down and watch Star Wars like it should be. Like it was in the 70's-80's, the movies I grew up on. Not this SE crap with things running across the screen, and piss poor effects that are 10 times worse then the ones in the 80's...ugh.

I hate his greedy ass. Its not even about raping childhoods. I just want to for once, sit down and watch Star Wars like it should be. Like it was in the 70's-80's, the movies I grew up on. Not this SE crap with things running across the screen, and piss poor effects that are 10 times worse then the ones in the 80's...ugh.

But it was his original vision to have fake computer generated characters in his films that look about as real as Who Framed Roger Rabbit. That man has had way to many "yes" men around him for way to long. Someone needs to tell him he got old and his taste did too.

Looks good sounds like more money for GL. Everytime someone does something like this it just makes him richer in the end.
By the way im a SW fan and love evey bit of what he does with it.

Eric

The visual effects he used in the SE of the OT look worse than the original effects? :lol :rotfl :lol

I personally think what he did made them better. I understand that people want them the way they were originally, but they are his movies, so he's allowed to do what he wants with them. He did what he wasn't able to before cause the technology wasn't available then. I'm not gonna get into an argument with anyone over it though, so I'll just leave it at that, all my opinion. :D

Prequels,....Indy 4....

This is how I see it, its like a girlfriend you had alot of sex with. Then one day you outgrew her and moved on, maybe put her on ebay or your mom threw her away.

Then she called you up like 25 years later and was like hey, lets go out again on friday and your all excited, but when you get there she's old and has a boyfriend and you don't get laid, and she survives a nuclear blast in a ^^^^ing refrigerator...

The visual effects he used in the SE of the OT look worse than the original effects? :lol :rotfl :lol

I personally think what he did made them better. I understand that people want them the way they were originally, but they are his movies, so he's allowed to do what he wants with them. He did what he wasn't able to before cause the technology wasn't available then. I'm not gonna get into an argument with anyone over it though, so I'll just leave it at that, all my opinion. :D

He just added crap that didnt need to be added. Jabba puppet looks better then Jabba CGIed...makes no sense.

I dont care if its his movies...he's obessed with bad effects.

If that was the case maybe he should have waited until CGI actually looked freakin real. George has and always will be full of shat. Do you honestly think when he made the originals he was like "Hmmm I really think it would be cool if I put some jawa riding some stupid looking dinosaur over here." Or "I think we should actually show Oola falling down into the Rancor pit, because people are stupid and won't know what happens to her." And "I really think a celebration should take place on every damn planet in the movie so we can see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on every world". And the best of them all "When I made Return of the Jedi the first time I thought the spirit of Anakin was way to old so I figured I'd get a really good actor down the line to play Anakin *snicker* and then replace this old man Anakin with this younger looking ghost, it would make much more sense and the technology of this ghost and the new one will be much better in the future. I might even be able to add the ewok that gets burned."

I mean seriously man wtf is all that ^^^^^ in the special edition and the dvd releases. The guy is making this crap up as he goes along but tries to bullsht his way through making these movies and only people that don't think for themselves don't get it. Film is an art and he's rubbing Lucas poo all over his.

Everyone has their opinions, no need to get so worked up over it. :peace

Honestly who is worked up about it? This has been going on for decades so its nothing new. I know its hard to defend Lucas so I commend you.

I like SE. I think they made the films better. The only thing that bothers me about SE is that stupid Han shoots second scene.
The dvd editions on the other hand - changing dilogue, removing old actors and replacing them with new ones. How could he think it was a good idea to replace Boba Fett's voice? The new guy sounds lame, say what you want. And why the hell is Anakin young again once he's a ghost? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Lucas should just release a blu ray of OT containing all the versions and that would make everybody happy. It's just as simple as that.

The dvd editions on the other hand - changing dilogue, removing old actors and replacing them with new ones. How could he think it was a good idea to replace Boba Fett's voice? The new guy sounds lame, say what you want. And why the hell is Anakin young again once he's a ghost? That doesn't make any sense to me.

my thoughts exactly. george doesn't even seem to know the rules of the universe he created himself. the "ghost" of a jedi is a representation of what he/she physically looked like at the point of death/becoming one with the force. so when vader died in peace at the end of ROTJ, he was an old man. therefore his force spirit should have looked like an old anakin. george got it right the first time, with sebastian shaw as old anakin. then he decided, "oooohh, i'm sure people are too dumb to connect the prequel anakins with the OT anakin/vader. so let's show him as he was in ep3." :mad:

W. T. F. :banghead

i can live with ANY of the other changes he made. but this is UNFORGIVEABLE. and shows great disrespect to the actor's work.

my thoughts exactly. george doesn't even seem to know the rules of the universe he created himself. the "ghost" of a jedi is a representation of what he/she physically looked like at the point of death/becoming one with the force. so when vader died in peace at the end of ROTJ, he was an old man. therefore his force spirit should have looked like an old anakin. george got it right the first time, with sebastian shaw as old anakin. then he decided, "oooohh, i'm sure people are too dumb to connect the prequel anakins with the OT anakin/vader. so let's show him as he was in ep3." :mad:

W. T. F. :banghead

i can live with ANY of the other changes he made. but this is UNFORGIVEABLE. and shows great disrespect to the actor's work.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I always thought he made the ghost of Anakin young cause that's how he was when he was last purely good. I guess you could say he became good again when he died, therefore he should have been old in ghost form, but maybe it can go both ways.

And the reason he changed Boba's voice was cause we found out in the PT that the Stormtroopers were originally the Clone Troopers, and Boba was a clone of them, so therefore they all sound alike. That was always my understanding anyway. :angelsmil

I know it was his reason to change Boba's voice but to me tinkering with the films only to conect them with the trilogy you made over 20 years later is stupid, and like tylerdurden mentioned, disrespectful to the actors and also the audience. Does Lucas think we're that stupid not to know that the films were made years apart and some actors from the OT were obviously no longer available?
I also hate how he replaced the emperor from ESB with Ian McDiarmid. Add as many CGI muppets as you want but don't destroy other people's work on OT just because you think the audiences are idiots.
Also I don't get the argument that Star Wars are his films and he can do whatever with them. Once he put them out and they became a cultural and for some people even a religious phenomenon they stopped to be just his films. They now belong to all of us, whether Lucas likes it or not.
As for Indy 4 i think people give to much credit to Lucas. I mean, this film had a director. I'm sure Spielberg does not get told by the producers what should or should not be in his films. In fact just like Lucas he's surrounded by too many "yes" men these days.

Last edited:
That movie looks so stupid. People ^^^^^ing about Lucas. hell go to any SW board and read it for free. Complain about the merchandising? NO ONE is holding a gun to your head. People that Hate the prequels and want them changed? Then you're obviously not a creative person. When YOU create something, it's what YOU want. The unsatisfied masses can complain to their death beads, but it's still YOUR creation. Why change it for someone else?

Thats what this country has become. "It's not my Fault" and "I'm going to complain to I get my way" are taking over.

Back