PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

a-dev
02-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks for that link. JUNE!!! JUNE!!! I suppose thats a normal show/release seperation in time but dammit its still too far off! I want my T-1000s yesterday. Pity there were no hints about further waves beyond this.

yep, it is the rough surface texture that makes neca stuff seem a little cheap.

the only thing i don't like is their weird scale choices: 7" or 18". to me those are either too small or too big! my 18" t800 endoskeleton is nice (for the price) but he doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection. have to display him all alone. poor fella :lol

I love 7" but I agree about 18", too few characters get made in that scale and they're awkward to display. I bought the endo and robocop and I still find myself wondering why I bothered. Total impulse buys. And the 1/6th equivalents are of superior quality and detail.

But the 7" though I really enjoy. Relatively inexpensive, you can multibuy them if you choose and they don't take up huge amounts of space. I remember when I considered them 'big' - at one time I was only collecting Star Wars 3 3/4 figures and then I started buying McFarlane figures. I thought I had finished with 7", after moving up again to Hot Toys 1/6th, until NECAs T2 line.

Series600
02-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Do you think we can consider it somewhat comforting that he only referred to the T-1000 Liquid Metal version as a varriant and not an exclusive?

MaulFan
02-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks for that link. JUNE!!! JUNE!!! I suppose thats a normal show/release seperation in time but dammit its still too far off! I want my T-1000s yesterday. Pity there were no hints about further waves beyond this.

At least we should have the Hot Toys figures in between to minimize the down time of our T2 intake.

a-dev
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
At least we should have the Hot Toys figures in between to minimize the down time of our T2 intake.

APRIL!!! APRIL!!! Thats too far off. I want my HT T-800 yesterday! :D.....:monkey2

a-dev
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Do you think we can consider it somewhat comforting that he only referred to the T-1000 Liquid Metal version as a varriant and not an exclusive?

One doesn't know. The terms 'variant' and 'exclusive' can sometime go hand-in-hand. One would hope its widely available as the chrome reflective figure it appears to be - back when we were all throwing ideas and predictions around I had a notion that a chrome variation of a particular sculpt could serve as the 'endoskeleton' of the T-1000 wave.

Buttmunch
02-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, many times there are figures that are an exclusive variant. The bloody Wolfman Mezco did for Blockbuster comes to mind as a recent exlcusive variant. And variants can also be 'chase' figures which means they aren't in every case and can be really hard to find. Hopefully this will just be like the Endo and just be the third figure in the wave.

MaulFan
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
APRIL!!! APRIL!!! Thats too far off. I want my HT T-800 yesterday! :D.....:monkey2

Same here, but as far off as April feels, it also feels like it's around the corner too. Still, if it is April, that's damn quick considering we just ordered it in January. I've been waiting for years since Sideshow dropped their line for more T2, while this is updates of the same so far, at least it's more cool T2 stuff, and I really like figures, and especially Arnold stuff. That's been the refreshing thing with NECA, it seems like a lot of T2 stuff focuses on the Endo, which is cool, but I don't need a bunch of Endo items in my collection, I care more about the characters that had performance and life to them. The Endo is a classic Stan Winston design, but it's pretty lifeless for performance.

a-dev
02-26-2010, 11:30 PM
I suppose we shouldn't really be wishing time away just so we can finally have our figures - it goes by too fast as it is. T2 is almost 20. I'm 2 and a bit years away from 30. 10 years on from that and I'm 40 and if those years go by as swiftly as the last 10 did.....thats really quite alarming. Anyway bit of a depressing tangent there :D

Yeah you're right about how cool it is to be getting the 'human' Terminator figures now. The endo has been done over and over but hopefully will be again by HT with improvements. Previously all we had were hybrid representations - BD versions where it couldn't just be a 'clean' T-1000 because that would be 'boring' and wouldn't sell to the kids. From the Kenner figures up to McFarlane's efforts there was no sense of satisfaction from any T2 line.
I loved McFarlanes figures but they didn't even bother to get Arnie's likeness let alone go near non-bd versions which was something all too painfully obvious whenever I looked at my collection. And vica versa if NECA had made a clean T-800 but no BD version I would have been annoyed by that too.
Then we had Sideshows figures which, to be honest, I find it increasingly hard to look at. Although these were non-bd human representations they came from an era in 1/6th where they still felt like 'dolls'. Some people on Spawn.com justify themselves not buying Hot Toys figures by saying ''I'm not interested in dolls'' - I think those people are simply wrong to label HT figures that. But sideshows ones, bless them, deserve it. They really do look like dolls due to the illfitted clothes, primitive overly skinny bodies and flat paintjobs. Time is not going to be good to these. Hot Toys will trounce them in 1/6th and at the smaller scale NECAs figures are possibly as good as it can get. Both of those are kings at what they do whereas poor sideshows efforts will have little more than nostalgiac value for some people.

NECA happily went and made almost every variation possible of the T-800, and out of those figures enabled me to make every other minor variation such as the post-SWAT shootout version which is essentially the Cyberdyne figure with the torso and head from the Final battle figure. I'm proud of that one, I added more blood to his face yesterday as I noticed his face was more bloodied from the fresh wounds in that scene. I only wish I had the teargas launcher for it.

Now of course we're getting at last a non-bd T-1000 for the 7" scale - its the most important one they could have made other than a non-bd Steel mill T-1000. I'm still hoping that will come later.

HottoyzJoker
02-27-2010, 02:59 AM
The best terminator Figure ever made, perfect likeness !
Much better then the 7" ich figure, especially the eyes !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5OWH01nd4I

...but i wish he was 18"

You getting the 18" Endo that NECA is doing??? I got it ordered at BBTS...

Nice Video...

crazypredator2
02-27-2010, 02:44 PM
we need sarah connor to go with all our neca terminator figures.

RobMetalCheese
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
So have any release dates been confirmed?

Buttmunch
02-27-2010, 04:22 PM

A Sarah and John 2 pack might be the way to go, at least for John. Clearly Sarah has potential on her own, but John has always been that 4th guy that never makes it as a figure (except the old Kenner one, but even then he needed a motorcycle to sell).

crazypredator2
02-27-2010, 04:36 PM
So have any release dates been confirmed?June is the rumor.

crazypredator2
02-27-2010, 04:38 PM
A Sarah and John 2 pack might be the way to go, at least for John. Clearly Sarah has potential on her own, but John has always been that 4th guy that never makes it as a figure (except the old Kenner one, but even then he needed a motorcycle to sell).

just as long as neca makes her, i want the cap/ sunglasses verison the
most.

a-dev
02-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Really? The version McFarlane, sideshow and now Hot Toys have made? Why not the hair down version? Thats how she appeared for most of her screentime in that outfit.

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm feeling lucky enough to get T-1000s, I was starting to think T-800 would be it, if we got Sarah and John, they'd just be nice surprises.

Buttmunch
02-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Really? The version McFarlane, sideshow and now Hot Toys have made? Why not the hair down version? Thats how she appeared for most of her screentime in that outfit.

I got to agree, we don't need ANOTHER version of that! Hair down all the way! Get the McFarlane Sarah if you want the ponytail and glasses!

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
If we got a Sarah, my guess is a situation similar to the Wolf Predator from NECA.

Two Sarah figures identical from the neck down, one with ponytail and hat, maybe glasses head, one with hair down head. Ponytail would have sniper rifle and hand gun, hair down would have shotgun and hand gun. Based on NECA's patterns, that's how I think it'd happen, that or a John/Sarah two pack are the only ways I see us getting Sarah.

Buttmunch
02-27-2010, 06:42 PM
I would agree with you. That does seem like a very NECA thing to do. I mean I guess it works out best for everyone. If you want both, you buy them both, or if you just want one version you just get that one. At their price point its not too bad if they don't overkill it like the AVPR Wolf Pred. How many versions did they end up releasing? At least 4 with the SDCC half stealth version I think, maybe more!

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 06:46 PM
NECA's very strange, they do some things where it's a one time shot and that's it, like their Hannibal Lecter figures, there are no shared parts between them but the head, if that, or Rob Zombie Michael Myers, and even in AVPR we got the Alien and Predalien as unique items but then a number of Wolfs that seemed only made to make more money off the same molds. Then you get to T2 and the T-800s sharing so many parts. You can't really guess their thought process by what does get made as one shot deals and what is made as multiple figures. RZ Myers came with 2 heads, they could have done 2 figures, maybe they figured the paper mache mask version wouldn't sell other than as a spare head with the Shatner mask. I've just come not to expect anything out of NECA and just take things as they're offered, they're too unpredictable.

a-dev
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM
If they make 1 sarah then I hope its the steel mill version - hair down, sweaty appearance, accurate injuries, that particular shotgun and a wide legged stance. McFarlane gave us a straight-up standing pose so if NECA do it I hope they know to be different, and go with a leg pose appropriate to firing the shotgun. Such a figure would give extra relevance to McFarlane's T-1000 with the donut head battle damage - important if NECA don't redo that version of him themselves.

Darnit though I'd also really love a Pescadero version of her...but since I can't think of any precedent for a company choosing that look it seems extra unlikely.

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 07:16 PM
It's about marketability, which Pescadero lacks compared to the combat gear. I really wish NECA had made Lecter in his classic blue jumpsuit, but, there's less marketability to a guy standing around in a bue jumpsuit compared to bound in a straight jacket with a cannibal mask on or arm in the air ready to strike with a club with blood all over the mouth.

Buttmunch
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
They could have done a sort of box set of Lecter in the blue jumpsuit with his cell. Maybe have even got Clarice in there too. I too really wanted the blue jumpsuit look too. If I could ever find a good Hopkins sculpt I'd totally go for a custom in the blue jumpsuit. For a guy with only 16 mintues of screen time, he changed outfits quite a bit. At least 5 I can think of!

1) Blue jumpsuit
2) Mask, orange jumpsuit, straight jacket
3) white prison uniform
4) Dead cop disguise
5) Vacation outfit

But back to NECA...

They really are unpredictable. Sometimes you feel you get a steal for the price (the Myers vs Loomis for $25-30) and other times you feel ripped off, like the Wolf Predator variants. Good call on pointing out the RZ Myers. They could have made the orange mask a variant or exclusive, but they didn't. Maybe they thought he was going to wear that mask more than he did and by the time they had found out how short it was, it was already sculpted and underway?

Without having the T-800s until Monday, I would say the reuse on them is acceptable. Its not like every single one of them is in the exact same post like the Wolf. Sure the legs may be the same, but with different heads and weapons and such, it is less obvious at first glance. I'm guessing the T-1000s will have the same legs, but because the upper bodies are doing different things, its OK there too. I'm sure when/if they do the motorcycle boots they'll be able to do the still meel look as well as the biker cop with them. Hopefully with a frozen biker cop as the 'metallic' version in that wave? If they could thrown in a chipped off legs and arm on that one though, that would be awesome.

a-dev
02-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Tankman said in the Predator thread that as regards Terminator his thoughts are on T1 now - while that bodes well for T1 figures, something we all want after complete neglect of the original film, it could mean there won't be any more T2 waves after this one. I hope I am wrong to suggest that. I'd really like to have my cake and eat it with these Terminator figures. Finish T2 and get T1.

Buttmunch
02-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Well, maybe they've wrapped up a second T-1000 wave and just haven't/can't show it yet.

T1 figures would be nice after all of these years though I would rather continue with T2.

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't know NECA's structure or how many sculptors they have, but just because Tankman isn't behind it doesn't mean NECA won't be, there are things Tankman's spoken about wanting to see done that NECA has yet to, like the other incarnations of the Alien and the Alien Queen. It's great that he's here to share insights, but other than projects he is actually sculpting to become figures, anything he wants to do may or may not happen, and things he might not be interested in at all could come to be by another sculptor.

I say, at this point, just ride this line out, wherever it goes or doesn't, plenty to enjoy, it's still moving forward.

a-dev
02-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Its not that I don't want T1 just as much (moreso even on principle of how ignored it has been all these years). Its just I have a feeling if they move on to that after this third series of T2 figures they won't go back and finish T2 and it will seem like a missed opportunity because who else would take up the mantle for figures of this scale? And if someone did would they be as good? Would they just make the same ones and not the 'missing' ones? etc etc. I'd rather not be left with those questions.

Again I feel like a spoilt brat saying that I want more figures 4 months before the newest batch is even released.

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately, outside of Star Wars, I can't think of a single property to have figures made based on it that the manufacturer doesn't stop the line before making characters that a number of fans would feel are necessary to feel like they have a complete collection. It sucks but it's how it goes.

I am actually surprised NECA is doing T-1000 even, I figure T-800, between recycling parts and the Arnie factor, that was a given if NECA were to ever do T2, but I figured T-1000 would even be a long shot because, especially as we see with the one figure, it's just a skinny cop figure really, I don't think there are die hard Robert Patrick fans like Arnie, so now your market is really focused on being a real T2 fan, where Arnie figures probably sell to the casual and die hards alike. I figured NECA wouldn't take a chance on a character that requires the customers to really be invested in the movie.

a-dev
02-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah. Its why we've got 2 more T-800s coming and only 2 T-1000s instead of 4 T-1000s. They figure Arnie is the draw and poor robert patrick couldn't stand by himself.

But hey I think with T1, if they go there, theres a better chance of us coming to the end of that line and feeling satisfied that its complete. Straight away we can almost say with complete certainty that they won't make 80s Sarah. So we can forget any notion of that and not be disappointed when it doesn't happen. If they acquire any actor license we know they'll definitely get Arnie and both Tech noir and police station shootout seem like a foregone conclusion. They may have alternate heads with sunglasses, singed hair, no eyebrows etc etc. They might make 4 Arnies like they've done for T2 -the fully BD version, the eye surgery vest version. Kyle Reese is the T-800s nemesis and if they go to the trouble of getting his likeness all we really need there is one version in the trenchcoat with his shotgun, pistol, bombs etc.

With fewer candidates to make I see a greater likelihood that NECAs attention span won't drift away before they've all been done.

MaulFan
02-27-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm expecting T1 figures to consist just of T-800, I'd bey happily surprised if they made a Reese. With Reese you could do 2 figures using identical molds, some fans may not like it, but, make one the green coat and the other the blue one from post-police station and you get two figures for one sculpt.

a-dev
02-27-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm not as familiar with Reese's outfits and changes throughout the film I have to say. I just remember 'nikes' and 'trenchcoat' really. I would have faith in Kyle to do it right.

If Reese didn't happen that would be disappointing. I can understand them not making Sarah, too much of a risk there on a non-threatening (at the time) character to also have to go to the extra trouble of talking to Linda hamiltons agent/lawyer etc. Not making Reese though would be like if they'd never made any T-1000. I agree with you, I can see that happening, they never made any villains for the Conan line so they don't seem to consider it a necessity to have both hero and villain in any given line. But if they did the T1 line could feel more complete than the T2 line which may come to an end without any T-1000 representing the latter part of the film, without any sarah or john connor.

MaulFan
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Reese's 1984 clothes were basically the same the whole movie, except before he and Sarah are arrested he wears a green trenchcoat and once they escape the police station he snags a dark blue one.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/3/3a/TERMSE_SIDEA-35.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/12/TERMSE_SIDEB-1.jpg

Cap'n Cook
02-28-2010, 03:08 AM
I want Reese ten times more than I want a T1 T800.

Hoipe he gets made if a T1 line goes ahead.

RobMetalCheese
02-28-2010, 05:01 AM

Agreed. Even though I will be getting at least 1 T-1000, there's not much character love for him from me.

Johnny Utah
02-28-2010, 05:01 AM
I asked Randy on Twitter about T1. He said it is possible and they're looking at it for 2011 or beyond. I also thanked him, Kyle, and Sam Lute for their stellar work on getting items from my Grail (T2) out there.

a-dev
02-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Kinda off topic but I've always thought Timothy Olyphant would make a good Kyle Reese as far as resemblance to Michael Biehn at that age.

Voorhees27
02-28-2010, 11:28 AM

:horror :thwak :medic

Bezzerkerr
02-28-2010, 04:47 PM
You getting the 18" Endo that NECA is doing??? I got it ordered at BBTS...

Nice Video...

18" Terminator...the Endo? or Arnie?

never heard they were doing an 18" Arnie.

Bezzerkerr
02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
18" Terminator...the Endo? or Arnie?

never heard they were doing an 18" Arnie.

Neverming i see the 18" Endo with new packaging.

I picked up my 12" Final Battle today and I'm very impressed. $34.99, you can't go wrong.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0696.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0702.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0701.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0698.jpg
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0699.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0704.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0705.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0712.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0715.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0716.jpg

crazypredator2
03-01-2010, 08:30 AM
great pictures bezzerkerr.

a-dev
03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I might try to dirty up the human side of his face, its too clean for the steel mill scenes. I'll experiment on a spare 7" head first of course and if I can't do it in a way that looks good I'll just live with it as is on the 12".

RobMetalCheese
03-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey I was wondering - is the light-up eye in the 7" version aswell?

snoop101
03-01-2010, 03:23 PM

Nope. Just the 12-inch final battle.

crazypredator2
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM

no, the 7 in. don't have thr light up eye.

RobMetalCheese
03-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Hmmm...okay and (I'm right when I say a human would be 12" in 1/6, right?) is it worth starting a 12" collection if I can't afford any HT/Sideshow stuff?

Bezzerkerr
03-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Hmmm...okay and (I'm right when I say a human would be 12" in 1/6, right?) is it worth starting a 12" collection if I can't afford any HT/Sideshow stuff?

Human 1/6 ... 12" ...you're right.

Sideshow/Hot Toys are not the only companies that make 12" figures. I don't own any Hot Toys figures and I have about 10-15 12" figures i like very much, and they average about $30-$40. It's by no means a high end collection, but it's about what you like, and no one else.

a-dev
03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
If you can't afford the HT figures but would like representatives of T2 in your collection then these are perfect for you. Not bragging but I am getting the HT figures and am still proud to display these NECA 12"ers among them. In fact my NECA Pescadero will be getting the rosebox accessory from the HT figure as it will be more accurate with him. In one respect the headsculpt on NECAs figure is better than Hot Toys - the HT face is a bit too squat and looks a tad off with the sunglasses on whereas NECAs captures that look perfectly. You just have to deal with the rougher skin texture and a more visible seam.

a-dev
03-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Added some blood and 'dirt' to the human side of FB T-800's face

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzzIMG_1609.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzzIMG_16093.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzzIMG_16091.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzzIMG_16092.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_1605.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_1606.jpg

a-dev
03-01-2010, 11:56 PM
based off of these screengrabs:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzt2_mq_428.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzt2_mq_4281.jpg

a-dev
03-02-2010, 12:03 AM
added more blood to the face of my SWAT shootout T-800 custom. Its more scene accurate now because when the face wounds were fresh there was a good bit of blood on that side of his face:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_1626.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzzIMG_1621.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzzIMG_16212.jpg

RobMetalCheese
03-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Any of these released in 1/6?

Platty
03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Nice job mate.

a-dev
03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
2 figures - 12" Pescadero Escape with non-removeable sunglasses (i.e removeable but not intended to be as the eyes underneath aren't painted) and the Final Battle version with the Battledamaged arm (just the one endo-eye headsculpt with the 12" figure though)

a-dev
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks. Was easy to do really as long as you don't put huge blobs of paint on. I kinda just dabbed on a blood paint with a small brush and scraped it across the skin here there and yonder. And the same with a bit of brown paint representing dirt or whatever. Wish I had the skills to repaint the human eye though as its a bit cartoony. The eyes on my 7" Conan, also from NECA, manage to look more realistic.

uscmhicks
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Nice job a-dev , looks great.
Speaking of repaints has anybody given this a completely new paint job ?.

a-dev
03-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Not a Terminator but this is a great Arnie figure

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15644.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15641.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15642.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15643.jpg

Valfar
03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I still might get that Conan figure but, i must say he looks like the T-800 in a wig, a tad too old looking this sculpt is.

Still a cool figure..i like that pose, nice pics.

a-dev
03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Could be those 4 vertical frown lines between the eyebrows that everyone sculpts on Arnie figures...too pronounced maybe?

The paintjob is mercifully good though. The eyes are great, I wish it was as well done on the T-800s.

RobMetalCheese
03-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I LOVE the look of that Conan.I've never seen the films, read the stories or comics (hell, the only reason I have ANY interest in Conan is Arnie and Nostalgia Critic's review), but I'm get this as soon as possible!

Platty
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
That conan figure is ace. Nice pics a-dev. You've made me want him!

a-dev
03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Ah, I've pulled a Michael Crawford you could say! :lol Isn't there a "I hate you Michael Crawford" thread somewhere in these forums at the moment? :D

Anyway, yeah its a cool figure. Tankman prefers his T-800 sculpt but I actually prefer the facial likeness on this figure - could just be the better paintjob though. As I said the eyes are more realistic. Proportionally the T-800 is better, this Conan has a longer body and longer slimmer legs - it looks fine but its not quite right for Arnie and it makes the figure taller than the T-800. You can't fault those arms or that pose though.

Platty
03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
The arms do look ace. Pose is also pretty sweet. I've gotta admit i'm not the biggest conan fan but i'm a big Arnie fan, hence why I like the figure!

The likeness is great as you say! It probabaly is the better paint apps keeping it above the T-800 figures.

a-dev
03-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah same here, I think its a good old style adventure film as is the second one but I wouldn't be mad into it. Didn't even know there was anything to it beyond those 2 films until I joined here but apparently it was originally, what, a book, comic, graphic novel? And fans are hoping for a better interpretation of the whole thing than the Arnie films delivered. Anyway Arnie is the draw for me. I have much man-love there. I think my g/f is a little concerned.

Platty
03-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I think I have a little man love for every character whose figure I buy and that's why I buy them! :lol

FACEBOX
03-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Gay. :slap

Buttmunch
03-03-2010, 09:56 PM
All caught up!

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5563/dsc01543z.jpg

Now bring on the T-1000s!

I still find it strange the Man or Machine T-800 came with a pistol instead of a knife :rolleyes:

Buttmunch
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
All caught up!

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5563/dsc01543z.jpg

Now bring on the T-1000s!

I'm really going to have to dig out my McFarlane figures now, or at the least the blown up T-1000. A third Endo wouldn't be bad either.

Buttmunch
03-03-2010, 10:24 PM
That didn't take long! :lol

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3014/dsc01545zz.jpg

I just wish that McFarlane head could pop off and I could put that extra Final Battle head on him. That would be perfect for that scene! Oh well, NECA is making that one anyway, right?

a-dev
03-03-2010, 11:27 PM
You can take the McFarlane head off - the boil and pop method is all it takes. Theres no attachment for the NECA head but its otherwise a lovely fit. Congrats on getting these nifty figures.

a-dev
03-03-2010, 11:31 PM
You seem to have been lucky with your mini-gun. I think, of the multiples of that figure I bought, I got just one that wasn't warped by the packaging.

Buttmunch
03-03-2010, 11:50 PM
But my BD Endo has a stuck left shoulder and ankle. So I guess that evens out. If I try to force them I'll get a super BD Endo! :lol

Buttmunch
03-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I may just try that then!

MaulFan
03-04-2010, 12:01 AM
You seem to have been lucky with your mini-gun. I think, of the multiples of that figure I bought, I got just one that wasn't warped by the packaging.

What was warped by the package? I haven't thoroughly looked at mind but I didn't notice anything warped or off with mine.

EndoSickness
03-04-2010, 01:33 AM
I got another case of "got warped", but if the package's guilty...that's the question .
My Cyberdine Showdown's left foot bended upwards, so he won't stand on it's own.
I had to put something under it...
^^

Platty
03-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah, do it buttmunch. I did it. Or maybe you want to wait because Neca are in fact bringing out a similar version of Arnie to the Mcfarlane one. Same scene, pose etc. The only bad thing when I took the Mcfarlane head off was that it started to smoke. Suffice to say I was pretty happy with myself when I said "let off some steam, bennett"

Platty
03-04-2010, 08:34 AM
What was warped by the package? I haven't thoroughly looked at mind but I didn't notice anything warped or off with mine.

The barrels on the mini-gun.

RobMetalCheese
03-04-2010, 08:46 AM
The barrels on the mini-gun.

Umm, a hairdryer and a little messing around with it fixed mine.

Buttmunch
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM
It started to smoke?!? :google

I know Arnold likes cigars but that is taking action figures to a new level! :lol

Not sure I want to change it now.

RobMetalCheese
03-04-2010, 08:50 AM
That didn't take long! :lol

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3014/dsc01545zz.jpg

I just wish that McFarlane head could pop off and I could put that extra Final Battle head on him. That would be perfect for that scene! Oh well, NECA is making that one anyway, right?

Never realised the T-1000s are out :duh

EDIT:

Just read your earlier post, that's an earlier T-1000 then?

Platty
03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
It started to smoke?!? :google

I know Arnold likes cigars but that is taking action figures to a new level! :lol

Not sure I want to change it now.
Yeah but the head from the Mcfarlane figure was fine. I think any plastic placed in boiling water will do the same!?

a-dev
03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Never realised the T-1000s are out :duh

EDIT:

Just read your earlier post, that's an earlier T-1000 then?

Yeah thats McFarlanes T-1000 from back in 2001 I think. They released one figure but with 2 upper bodies/heads, that exploded version and a bullet damage body with the donut head.

a-dev
03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I've never found heating to be a solution to these kinds of things. They always revert within minutes.

But yes I'm talking about the barrells on the minigun. On all but one of mine they are squashed together or bent. Likewise most of the grenade launchers I have are bent to some degree. Its like Hasbro, they package the figures holding the weapons for dramatic effect to make the figure more visually interesting instead of isolating them in their own trays where this kind of warping is less likely to occur.

taylormade
03-06-2010, 12:07 AM
here is my custom repaint neca 7 inch endoskeleton figure
hand painted with a brush
painted with silver chrome paint :lol

a-dev
03-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Looks good. Has that dried successfully? Any time I've attempted it (using chrome spray paint) it doesn't dry, rubs off onto anything that comes in contact with it and attracts dust. Also it never comes out as dark as yours appears to be.

crazypredator2
03-06-2010, 06:00 AM
looks very good.

casvel
03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Looks good. Has that dried successfully? Any time I've attempted it (using chrome spray paint) it doesn't dry, rubs off onto anything that comes in contact with it and attracts dust. Also it never comes out as dark as yours appears to be.

i think he could have applied a layer of black before spraying the silver chrome on it to achieve that darker look. Not very sure, i might be wrong.

taylormade
03-06-2010, 05:43 PM
hi a-dev
yes my endoskeleton is dry
when spraying chrome paint you must let it dry over a day
and keep away from dust
mind looks darker maybe the background
taylormade

EndIessRAlN
03-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Looks awesome. Massive improvement from the original.

snoop101
03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Looks awesome. Massive improvement from the original.

Agreed.much better.

a-dev
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I was bored in work today and was fashioning a hat and coat from a lump of blu-tack for this little Westie toy dog given to me by a customer - I have 2 of the real dogs - anyway it suddenly occured to me that it was in scale with my NECA Terminator figures, one of which I'd brought with me! Eh voila!

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Weusethemtowalkdoggies.jpghttp://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Weusethemtowalkdoggies1.jpg

dog stops to sniff a lamppost - Arnie - "This does not help our mission"

snoop101
03-12-2010, 10:17 PM
dog stops to sniff a lamppost - Arnie - "This does not help our mission"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

a-dev
03-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Just thought of another one - "We use them to walk Terminators"

The Rider
03-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I hope than Neca make in the Future a T1 Line.
And I hopes also than Tankman make a 18" Arnold with a little better Headsculpt, like the Hot Toys Arnold.

a-dev
03-20-2010, 09:00 PM
I hope than Neca make in the Future a T1 Line.
And I hopes also than Tankman make a 18" Arnold with a little better Headsculpt, like the Hot Toys Arnold.

Tankman's work on T2 Arnie is done with nothing further to prove if you ask me. The finish and paintjob is the only area where it falls short of Hot Toys.

The Rider
03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
The Face is to small, the Haires to dark(a HT Problem also), the Nose to big(a little,little bit),the crincles left and right on the mouth to big, the Eyes and eares(earlaps) not so accurate .
Tankman maka a great Job, but this little Details make a better Sculpt.
When Neca make a 18" Verson, Tankman can make this little Details for the bigger 18" Headsculpt(not a all new Headsculpt).

And the Problem is the Paintjob by the final Product. You are right in this Point.

a-dev
03-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Well I think the HotToys face is too small...never thought that about the NECA one though.

Sometimes I think maybe the jaw is a little too strong, sometimes light catches it in a way that makes him look like he's pulling a face - a concentration face like he has when firing a gun - but this may have been kind of deliberately done.

Other than that, and of course bad paintjobs meaning that the eyes are a little cartoony, I think what we have is great.

For an 18" I'd say the ship has sailed on the T2 T-800. I don't think it will happen at this point.

The Rider
03-21-2010, 08:59 AM
The Neca Facesculpt is smaller as the Hot Toys.
The Jaw, as you say, is to strong and the cheeks to small.
The Folds in the Face are to deep, Arnold looks to old .
The Eyes are cartoony, you'r right.
The Neca Sculpt looks a little bit strong and lifeless.
The final Figure(12" Pescadero Escape) looks a little like Clint Eastwood.

I hope Neca make a 18" T-800 Arnold, he makes an 18" Endo and much more Figures in this Size, Neca was stupid when not make a 18" Version.

When the Hot Toys Arnold in the Stores, Tankman can begin to zoom the 12" Sculpt to an 18" Sculpt an make new Details in this Sculpt(Arelaps, Nose, Haires,Folds,Cheeks).
The Neca Sculpt is nice, but HT is a little better.

Neca can take this updated 18" Facesculpt to make a 1:6 Bust Line.
Neca makes some Busts in the Past.

A new T2 Resin Bust Line with iconic Poses and better Paintjob and finish than the regular Actionfigures was cool.
Neca have the T2 Licence and he must try to make money as much as possible.

Batfreak
03-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Not a Terminator but this is a great Arnie figure

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15644.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15641.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15642.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzzIMG_15643.jpg

i would love a conan figure as well but i cant because i REALLY hate that its just a statue in plastic form. i dont like the fact that the conan figures have 0% articulation and are basically just statues.

Restaurajones
03-21-2010, 10:41 AM
i would love a conan figure as well but i cant because i REALLY hate that its just a statue in plastic form. i dont like the fact that the conan figures have 0% articulation and are basically just statues.

Then, You means something like this :D

Finished my last adjustaments

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4450823894_8967fbeaf1_o.jpg

a-dev
03-21-2010, 12:21 PM
The Neca Facesculpt is smaller as the Hot Toys.

I seem to like the NECA sculpt a lot better than you do but as regards the Hot Toys and how they compare...we won't be able to say for sure until we have the Hot Toys beside our NECA. To me, it looks like NECA has a longer face - which, if I'm right, would be more accurate.

Look at the Hot Toys figure in one of the banners at the top of a page on this very website. Its this picture I think:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/20091225_a8351bd28668ceb0854eSVFgg1.jpg

^The sunglasses make the features below look too close together....and yet the sunglasses still look too small and the wrong shape. But if they were any bigger and more accurately shaped the whole face would disappear underneath them. I suspect Hot Toys had to make the sunglasses a little innaccurate in order to ensure that they didn't look stupidly oversized on the headsculpt they had...because that was easier than redoing the entire head to look right with accurate sunglasses. That sounds like I really don't like the Hot Toys headsculpt but no, I definitely do like it, I just think the dimensions could be better.

The NECA face, proportionally, looks more accurate than Hot Toys to this picture IMO - the length of the NECA face seems better -

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/t2_mq_123.jpg

And the problem with the Hot Toys sunglasses as far as I can see is too much of a slant (\ /) at the outermost rims.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Yeah, I won't try to argue with that. You really can't do much with this figure beyond moving his head. :lol But if you're an admirer of sculpt its a hard one to pass on. The pose, fixed though it is, is one you probably couldn't achieve even on a superarticulated figure and if you somehow managed it it'd be ruined aesthetically by all the joints. On that score its a WIN! The arms are fantastic and the likeness is pretty damn good. Also the paintjob on mine is excellent, not sure if thats a fluke or what.

Batfreak
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
if they could make a conan like they are doing with the terminator figures, meaning great sculpting with BJ head, shoulders and elbows, thats enough to me.

Batfreak
03-21-2010, 12:50 PM

not sure why, just go on ebay and get the mcfarlane version. its perfectly in scale with the neca figures, and the sculpting is great. plus they made 3 different versions: cap, no cap, and long hair from the steel mill scenes. i have the long hair one. there is not much more they have to do with it except maybe some more articulation.

Batfreak
03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
also, how long before we see the T1000's hit stores?

and i didnt hear anything about the donut-head T1000 being made. if so, great, if not, still have my mcfarlane version which isnt bad.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah that'd be nice alright, not too intrusive all over the figure. They wouldn't be able to hide the joints quite as well as on the more heavily clothed Terminator figures though.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 01:19 PM
The McFarlane Sarah is alright but the very non-action pose annoys me since theres no scene from the film with that outfit - and in non-action mode - worth recreating with figures. I'd rather a wider leg stance for a shooting pose. And McFarlane never gave us her classic shotgun from the steel mill scenes.

The T-1000s are out in June I think we've heard.

Sachiel
03-21-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/101/FIG-KAI-1709S_03.jpghttp://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/101/FIG-KAI-1709S_04.jpg
http://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/101/FIG-KAI-1709S_02.jpghttp://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/101/FIG-KAI-1709S_01.jpg

a-dev
03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Cool! I didn't think that would be the alternate head with the BD figure, wouldn't even have occurred to me for them to do that, but I like it. Top marks for me. Heres hoping for decent paintjobs.

Platty
03-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Still can't get my head around those 2 new Arnold figures :lol well, maybe the one on the right I can, but the one on the left, well...

The T-100's look ace. Love them.

The Arnold figure on the right, it's obvious they're going for the same pose as the McFarlane figure but if that's the best you can get out of him then i'm not buying it. His right arm doesn't go far back enough. It looks stupid. What's the point? His arm needs to go all the way back to achieve the best pose.

The other figure, on the left, I don't see the point of.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
See what happens, I might feel compelled to buy 3 BD figures and a spare clean one, put the clean head on one of the BD bodies to have an intact version with the hook arms, then two to use each stage of the smashed head, line them up right and you could actually display the transition from totally blown apart to reformed.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Exactamundo! The new alternate head will actually have me buying one more figure than I had planned and I had already planned many...worked it out on a piece of paper...must find that.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 03:28 PM
The Arnold figure on the right, it's obvious they're going for the same pose as the McFarlane figure but if that's the best you can get out of him then i'm not buying it. His right arm doesn't go far back enough. It looks stupid. What's the point? His arm needs to go all the way back to achieve the best pose.

The other figure, on the left, I don't see the point of.

Yeah I concur. The McFarlane figure is (thankfully) not made obsolete by this release as it works better for that particular pose. However, for the people who weren't bothered customising this look (the phase 1 BD head and both arms intact) its a useful figure.

The Battle across Time figure...meh. I'll get one just because but I'd rather have gotten another T-1000.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Where'd those new pics come from? Not from the official site anyway. Can't wait to see some gun-firing poses and VS T-800 pics.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Probably press images sent out for places to begin soliciting orders.

The Rider
03-21-2010, 05:09 PM
When the Hot Toys Arnie in the Stores we will see Comparisons .

The Neca Arnie have a smaller, longer Face than the Hot Toys.
Neca is to small, Hot Toys to wide.
20% wider Face by the Neca and this Point are perfect.

Both Sculpts are very good, but I think the Neca Sculpt is a bit to hard. The likeness could be better and more Details were beautiful(regardless of the Hot Toys Sculpt).

All in all I find the Hot Toys Arnold looks not so lifeless( better Paintjob, Finish and fine Details on the Sculpt).

I Hope in the Future Tankman make some little Details on his good Sculpt and than is the Sculpt better than Hot Toys.
Tankman is a Artist, but his artwork(Arnold Sculpt) is not finished.

I think the Neca have a Likeness of 75% and the Hot Toys of 85%, when Tankman make little Details on a zoomed 18" Sculpt the Likeness is 95%.

A bigger Sculpt can show more Details than a 12" Sculpt, this is a chance to make the best likeness Arnold Figure ever.

What you think about my Idea of cool 1:6 Neca Busts with iconic Poses (for Years Sideshow makes cool T2 Bust, the Neca Sculpts are better than this Sculpts)?

a-dev
03-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Busts have never been my thing so I can't really comment there. If I understood how people get enjoyment from them...well obviously I'd probably be buying them myself and I'd be fully behind the idea for Terminator busts by NECA.

I've always preferred poseable/semi-poseable full-body figures. With busts and statues there really is nothing to do with them but look at them and de-dust them - clearly thats enough for some people but I don't quite get it.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 06:51 PM
If I have one criticism of the T-1000 its this - I think..think.. his nose might be too long. A bit too much distance between his eyes and his mouth and the forehead a bit too tall - the opposite of what I perceive to be the problem with the HT T-800. Thankfully in both instances it does not ruin the likeness even if it is the case.

Batfreak
03-21-2010, 07:11 PM
awsome! new pics! im kinda dissapointed with the "spare" head, the semi splitting one. i would have prefered the donut hole head. i cant see much use for the semi splitting head.

it'll be awsome though putting the normal T1000 head on the crowbar arms body, like when hes on the car smashing or opening the elevator. i am hopeing we get more news on that all-metallic liquid metal silver variant. and the final battle T-800 with gun and bazooka is a must as well, even if its just for the fact it has a working right arm.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 07:30 PM
If I have one criticism of the T-1000 its this - I think..think.. his nose might be too long. A bit too much distance between his eyes and his mouth and the forehead a bit too tall - the opposite of what I perceive to be the problem with the HT T-800. Thankfully in both instances it does not ruin the likeness even if it is the case.

I'd agree and maybe even go so far as to say the whole head seems a bit too streteched out.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/00023202.jpg

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7805.JPG

The likeness and emotion are there though, so you can look past it being a bit off because it represents the character well and if not perfectly, captures Patrick's likeness.

Buttmunch
03-21-2010, 07:34 PM
And considering that photo's head is at least 10 times the size the head will end up also helps. The smaller the item, the more forgiving a likeness can be.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Yup, for a 7 inch figure, it's more about overall pose and presence, a nice portrait helps but at most viewing distances you'd be hard pressed to spot how close the likeness is or isn't. That said, I still probably wouldn't buy figure without it. If they did say a generic portrait Hicks from ALIENS, maybe from a distance you wouldn't know it's not Biehn, but part of why I'm into the character is how he played it so not looking like him at all takes some fun out of it. Which is why, this NECA T-1000 being close enough works, it looks like Robert to me, so I feel I'm buying a faithful figure, but most of the time I see it, I won't be able to tell how off it is.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 07:44 PM
The 7" figure might have it more squashed down as a bi-product of the overall shrinking. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out of my a$$ but doesn't that happen?

Didn't you also say Maulfan that you suspect the 12" Pescadero T-800 is a little more 'elongated' than the 7" version relatively speaking?

If so this could have a beneficial effect on the likeness of the 7" T-1000 figure...then it'd just be the paint you'd have to worry about.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Didn't you also say Maulfan that you suspect the 12" Pescadero T-800 is a little more 'elongated' than the 7" version relatively speaking?

Yes, I find the 12" version somehow seems thinner and elongated all around compared to the 7" version, could be real or could just be illusion, but whatever, the reason, it's how it looks. I wish the 12" looked to me like the 7" does because I really dig the 7" build.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 07:52 PM
I'd rather see NECA make Sarah and John Connor figures and expand on their T-1000 figures more than making busts. The Sideshow's of the world can turn out busts and do, but NECA's a lone source for these figures and there's more figures I'd like to see from them.

Buttmunch
03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Yup, for a 7 inch figure, it's more about overall pose and presence, a nice portrait helps but at most viewing distances you'd be hard pressed to spot how close the likeness is or isn't. That said, I still probably wouldn't buy figure without it. If they did say a generic portrait Hicks from ALIENS, maybe from a distance you wouldn't know it's not Biehn, but part of why I'm into the character is how he played it so not looking like him at all takes some fun out of it. Which is why, this NECA T-1000 being close enough works, it looks like Robert to me, so I feel I'm buying a faithful figure, but most of the time I see it, I won't be able to tell how off it is.

100% agree.

As long as this feels and looks like the T-1000 and not just a cop figure then they succeeded. Without the silver attachments of any kind, that is what it would be. But I think most people could recognize this as the T-1000 even without an Arnold figure next to him.

I won't accept anything but a perfect likeness on the split head though! :tap

:lol

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Split head will be one of the few figures ever made where if the eyes aren't painted looking in the same direction, could actually look really cool :lol I think it would be neat to not only have the head damaged with the split, but also the functions of each side out of sync.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 07:59 PM
awsome! new pics! im kinda dissapointed with the "spare" head, the semi splitting one. i would have prefered the donut hole head. i cant see much use for the semi splitting head.

it'll be awsome though putting the normal T1000 head on the crowbar arms body, like when hes on the car smashing or opening the elevator. i am hopeing we get more news on that all-metallic liquid metal silver variant. and the final battle T-800 with gun and bazooka is a must as well, even if its just for the fact it has a working right arm.

While I'd love them to redo the donut head and improve on the McFarlane one I prefer that they've chosen a previously unproduced one instead - especially if they won't be making any more as may well be the case. Tankman said he wants to move on from T2.
As I said before though its definitely not a head variant I would have thought of - an 'inbetween' healing phase. It looks well executed though, I like that they've got his eyes looking to one side like in the film. Little things like that are really making me enjoy these figures.

I'm planning to create:

- BD torsos with normal head and normal arms (for mall and Pescadero scene where hes been shot)
- BD torso with split head and hook arm, (for Stan Winston magic)
- BD torso with healing head and hook arms, (for CGI part of scene)
- BD torso with normal head and hook arms (reopening the elevator door)
- various non-BD figures for different scenes and poses.

Thats at least 5 purchases of the BD figure and includes 2 purchases of the non-bd figure for cross customising purposes, added to the non-customised clean figures.

Buttmunch
03-21-2010, 08:00 PM
That would make for an interesting PERS head for HT to do. But I guess it would just be ERS then :lol

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 08:01 PM
That would make for an interesting PERS head for HT to do. But I guess it would just be ERS then :lol

Good way to make use of PERS T-1000 head if they ever did it and it broke, get some mileage out of it, cut it down the middle, heat it up to warp it a bit, glue the pieces together and fill in the silver areas and paint it up, walla.

Buttmunch
03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
You know someone will do just that PERS or no PERS if HT doesn't include that head. :lol

a-dev
03-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Exactly and if NECA put a stop to their T2 line as is, I'll be happy having what I have but I'll still regret their decision because no one else will take up the mantle. And if they did they certainly wouldn't care about filling in the gaps left by NECA.

Tankman might be bored of making T2 figures now but what about any given time in the future when hes really back in a T2 mood and their license for it has expired? It may come as a regret to them that they took the line so far but then stopped short of making a few more great figure candidates.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
I have a feeling, based on how many figures are in this line and the release of the T2:3D Arnie figure, NECA's probably already put a great deal of thought into this line and planned it all out. I think they've considered every possible candidate for release and whatever's coming out is what they think is worth putting out. I haven't seen NECA do a line so full of figures like this and come back later. I've seen them spread single releases out, but not lines like this.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping a Hot Toys T-1000 would give us every damage head we could want, but if they do or don't, I think this site will see some interesting customs made from or for the figure. Although who knows, maybe it's cuz of the quality of the Sideshow T-1000, or maybe the character, but most customs are T-800, don't see many T-1000 customs, which is a shame because there's lots more room for imagination there I think, with the liquid metal and coming up with deformations that could happen.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I once made a crude split head T-1000 custom out of the McFarlane figure. Crude because:

- I cut the screaming headsculpt in half down the centre and I hilariously thought that I could create the blown apart liquid metal parts by holding a lighter underneath the head and melting it - reshaping it that way and then painting it chrome. It quickly became apparent that that wasn't going to work and now I had scorched T-1000 head to work on.

-So I had to chrome over these scorched parts that should have kept the original hair and skin colour paint.

-I used something I called mall-ah (phonetic spelling there, not sure it its right or if thats what the stuff is actually called) to create the liquid metal add on bits and sprayed them chrome. Some of the chrome paint went where it shouldn't despite my efforts

-Also I haphazardly cut a section of neck from a spare donut headsculpt and stuck it at the base of my new splithead because its own neck wasn't long enough to go with the standard McFarlane T-1000 torso. The ugly cut was highly visible.

Anyway it was passable from a distance but close-up it was a disaster. I say 'was' because it has since been destroyed after various wear and tear. No reason to care as of 2010.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Nope, 2009-2010 is turning into a damn fine period for T2 fans.

a-dev
03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
What I love about these Hot Toys and NECA figures is it reminds me of all the cool stuff you'd see in the background of every Stan Winston interview in DVD extras - Predators, Terminators, aliens and dinosaurs all mixed in together. With these figures I feel like I have all that stuff and I can mix them together like that too.

MaulFan
03-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I love those interviews, seeing things like the Predator, T-800, JP T-Rex and all that together in one space, some of my most favorite creatures ever. They had a statue of final BD T-800 down at one of the Disney parks in Florida, tooks some photos but the hair looked weird on it, still cool to see something like that up close, might have been real costume bits, i don't know, some of the things at the park were real, others just replicas.

a-dev
03-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Its going to be interesting to see the HT T-1000 now. While I think the HT T-800 slightly misses the mark in its underlying sculpt in terms of its shortface dimensions, it seems NECA have given their T-1000 a bit of an overlong face. Its possible you won't be seeing any argument from me that little low end NECA did better than Hot Toys when the latter reveal their T-1000 - if their tendency toward shorter faces continues it would actually be more accurate. Or maybe not, we'll see.

Johnny Utah
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Which, given the past rate of announcements, should be any day now.

Bezzerkerr
03-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Its going to be interesting to see the HT T-1000 now. While I think the HT T-800 slightly misses the mark in its underlying sculpt in terms of its shortface dimensions, it seems NECA have given their T-1000 a bit of an overlong face. Its possible you won't be seeing any argument from me that little low end NECA did better than Hot Toys when the latter reveal their T-1000 - if their tendency toward shorter faces continues it would actually be more accurate. Or maybe not, we'll see.

If HOT TOYS nails the T-1000 (better than they nailed the Arnold) i may have to pick it up. It will be my 1st Hot Toys figure.

the physique of the NECA looks great, but the face is a bit off.

a-dev
03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
You're not getting the HT T-800? Are you waiting for the BD version? It just seems like if you were planning on buying the HT T-1000 surely you have to have a HT T-800.

I'll ultimately be displaying my entire Terminator collection together but if I'm going to pretend any interraction between figures HT will be sticking with HT and NECA will be sticking with NECA.

MaulFan
03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Same here, though for me it'll be Sideswho, NECA and HT. I was going to have the NECA 12" Pescadero mixed with Sideshow's figures with the Sideshow T-800 on the bike originally because it's so much closer to the T-800's look, but now with a whole HT collection of nicer looking figures than the SSC lineupe (except Sarah's sculpt) I can just leave the Sideshow group as is.

Bezzerkerr
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
You're not getting the HT T-800? Are you waiting for the BD version? It just seems like if you were planning on buying the HT T-1000 surely you have to have a HT T-800.

I'll ultimately be displaying my entire Terminator collection together but if I'm going to pretend any interraction between figures HT will be sticking with HT and NECA will be sticking with NECA.

the NECA 12" Terminator 2 figures are all I need. For me it doesn't make sense to spend $150+ on a T-800 Hot Toys figure, when I have basically the same figure already on my shelf. The Hot Toys brings some cool options to the table, but it's likeness is rivaled and possibly bested by NECA's 12" Pescadero and Final Battle.

I don't own any Hot Toys figures, and to be honest I've never been interested in owning any of them (except for Iron Man Mark III). If the NECA T-1000 looks good in-hand I will prob pick that up and save the extra $120.00 for future purchases.

The only 12" figure I spent $$$$ on is my Enterbay Bruce Lee.

a-dev
03-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Each to his own needs then. You're saving the money because theres somewhere else you want to spend it so as to diversify your collection. For me my first priority is any and all Terminator/predator/Aliens/Robocop poseable figures. This year I'm passing on things that would bring more variety to my collection so that I can get the entirety of both Hot Toys and NECAs Terminator and Predator lines...and multiples of many of them too.

Theres no word yet on a 12" T-1000 from NECA though so who knows, for 1/6th Hot Toys might end up being your only option. As I recall NECA haven't been totally happy with sales of their 12" T-800s.

MaulFan
03-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm still crossing fingers for a 12" metal T-1000, it's so unique. Where the 12" T-800s have Sideshow and Hot Toys for competition of sorts, the T-1000 would be unique as you're not going to get a full liquid metal out of either, it needs a fully sculpted figure to look best, NECA's would be a rare item and I'd think for T2 fans, sought after as it's a rare chance to have the unique feature of the T-1000 full displayed instead of partial things like the hook arms and split head.

Bezzerkerr
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Uncertainty is a _____ :)

MaulFan
03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Especially when trying to plan orders and financials.

a-dev
03-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm still crossing fingers for a 12" metal T-1000, it's so unique. Where the 12" T-800s have Sideshow and Hot Toys for competition of sorts, the T-1000 would be unique as you're not going to get a full liquid metal out of either, it needs a fully sculpted figure to look best, NECA's would be a rare item and I'd think for T2 fans, sought after as it's a rare chance to have the unique feature of the T-1000 full displayed instead of partial things like the hook arms and split head.

True, NECA is the only way we could get a 1/6th all-chrome T-1000. I just have doubts that it will happen though. It wouldn't be the most visually interesting or instantly identifiable to a casual buyer which NECA has to cater to. A must-buy for T2 fans who know what it is they're looking for but NECA wants to get the impulse buyers too. And an impulse buyer would be more inclined towards 12" versions of the other 2 T-1000s if anything...I would think, maybe you disagree.

MaulFan
03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Given where I see NECA products sold, Toys R Us and teenager-geared specialty shops in malls, I would say the BD or Chrome T-1000 figures would have the best chances for sales in a general market because of their odd appearance, where the standard cop figure would probably struggle because to the casual buyer, it's just a 12" cop. The chrome one could sell not only to NECA collectors but even non-NECA collectors. I'm sure some folks just buidling T2 12" figure collections would be tempted by it because of it's unique look and being the only way to really have that in the collection, people who are mostly for getting Sideshow and Hot Toys 12" might make exception for a chrome 12" because of how unique it is and how necessary being made by a company like NECA it is to get a figure like that.

a-dev
03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm just going on the fact that, even for me as a Predator fan, I was never really interested in the 'cloaked' Predator figures. They looked too easy like there was no real work behind them. They didn't seem worth the money even at McFarlane/NECA prices. So I think for casual buyers an all chrome (or worse - all silver) T-1000 just wouldn't be all that interesting.

MaulFan
03-22-2010, 11:35 AM
I think there comes a point where there's such thing as too casual. I'm basing my guesses off the types of teens I see buying this sort of stuff and that the shops selling NECA seem to cater too, and in those cases, it seems like the more bizarre a figure, the more appealing.

As far as the cloaked Predators, I was the same, I didn't really dig it either, but I just felt it was a poor execution and idea. You can't mimic the invisiability effect from the movie in a 3D figure, the end result looks more like a ghost from Star Wars. The chrome T-1000, if it came out of production like the proto, would perfectly render the look from the movie.

Just have to wait and see, I'm really not expecting any T-1000s in 12" form from NECA, they're not even going all out with the 7" like the T-800.

The Rider
03-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Busts are more noble and what is not meant to be "playing" with them.^^
They are in the cabinet, are simply higher quality than normal Figures (better paintjob and finish) and can have very dynamic poses.
But the idea of busts is not contrary to make new figures(final Battle T-1000).
Through the production of busts you could make the Figures one would not have made otherwise.
Because you would have funded it with the busts, or would use the same Sculpts.

A series of busts would not be a big problem for Neca, they simply bring the Figure Sculpts into a dynamic, iconic pose, make a cool base and to bring then as better painted and better finished 1: 6 Resin bust out.
Some Figures like Arnold could therefore revise the sculpt something( use this newer Sculpt for a 18" T-800 Arnold).

snoop101
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Busts are more noble and what is not meant to be "playing" with them.^^
They are in the cabinet, are simply higher quality than normal Figures (better paintjob and finish) and can have very dynamic poses.
But the idea of busts is not contrary to make new figures(final Battle T-1000).
Through the production of busts you could make the Figures one would not have made otherwise.
Because you would have funded it with the busts, or would use the same Sculpts.

A series of busts would not be a big problem for Neca, they simply bring the Figure Sculpts into a dynamic, iconic pose, make a cool base and to bring then as better painted and better finished 1: 6 Resin bust out.
Some Figures like Arnold could therefore revise the sculpt something( use this newer Sculpt for a 18" T-800 Arnold).

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

The Rider
03-22-2010, 07:41 PM
What is, you sleepyhead ? ^^
Have you no imagination for more great products?

prefused
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
What is, you sleepyhead ? ^^
Have you no imagination for more great products?
i think the idea of collecting big paper weights made him sleepy.

*yaaaaaaawn* yep, it's getting to me too.

The Rider
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
What you mean with big Paper ?

SGMOVIETOY
03-23-2010, 03:02 AM
i hope the silver variant is not an exclusive, that would suck!

No worry if it happened to be exclusive, than we have to use the orginal one and paint silver over it...:lol

a-dev
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Hmm. I suppose thats not a bad point. Only problem is any time I've used chrome paint on figures it never dries. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Buttmunch
Me to a-dev! :confused:

MaulFan
Metallic paints seem trick, and who knows, for mass production, NECA might use a vac foil instead of paint.

a-dev
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Well at least I'm not the only one. Never been able to get a nice chrome endoskeleton like others here because of this. It doesn't dry, rubs off on anything it touches (haha,almost a line from T2), attracts dust and hairs....really annoying.

The Rider
03-23-2010, 09:49 PM
The T-1000 is a nice Figure.
Im hoping the final Figure looks so god as the Prototype.
The Chrome Effeckt und the liquid metal ist very cool.

a-dev
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Back when in-hand pics were first shown of the T-800s I wasn't happy at all with the paint on the faces. Especially the eyes - I just got used to them, they're not as good paintwise as figures from a few years ago. But some of my T-800s are better than others and the bad ones to me don't look as bad in person as they do when I try to photograph them. I can accept it.

The T-1000 might suffer more though. I dunno, the T-1000's eyes are an important part of him being him, that upturned gaze - I hope they don't turn out messy and/or cartoony.

The Rider
03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes, that is with the face or the eyes of T-800 really sad.

I hope that this does not happen with the T-1000.
This is the final figure will be better and the liquid metal chrome color is also.

MaulFan
03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
NECA's updated their site, confirmed that Series 3 is:

-Galleria T-1000
-Pescadero T-1000
-T2:3D T-800
-Steel Mill T-800

Release May 2010

So, my guess is the Liquid Metal T-1000 will be a Comic Con Exclusive in July.

The Rider
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
@MaulFan
I have heard that the Pescadero T-1000 has a removable head.

It is a pity that the liquid T-1000 will be exclusive.
He is sure a lot more expensive.

http://www.space-figuren.de/xtcnew/product_info.php?info=p5335_4er-Komplettsatz---Serie-3--Terminator-2-.html

MaulFan
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes, the Pescadero has fully split and partially split heads included with it.

http://www.necaonline.com/images/articleimg/image/1251/blowup/T1000Pescadero.jpg

Full details here.

http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/291

a-dev
03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Excellent. So I shall be preordering my lot shortly. I hope BBTS lists them individually rather than just as cases. I want 1 of each T-800 but quite a few of each T-1000 so ordering by the case won't work for me.

T-1000s head definitely looks a bit elongated. I hope it shrinks a bit proportionate to itself like the 7" T-800 seems to when compared to the 12" version. Of course that could just be an imagined phenomenon. Anyway, sleep.

The Rider
03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Cool.
What is with interchangebel hands with long fingers ?

MaulFan
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm just getting the Steel Mill T-800, I have no use for the T2:3D figure.

Buttmunch
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm a little worried there was no info on the silver T-1000 there. Maybe it will be an exclusive/chase variant afterall :(

I do like the sound of all of the interchangable parts though!

MaulFan
03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Cool.
What is with interchangebel hands with long fingers ?

It's referring to his hand where he has the long, pointed stabbing tool coming out of his finger.

Blade3327
03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Whoa, that's such a fantastic likeness... for such a weird sculpt. Hmm...
Would it kill 'em to make ball-jointed elbows, though? And preferably a swivel joint right at the belt. The main attractions are his arms, so we should get to choose their pose!

The Rider
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
It's referring to his hand where he has the long, pointed stabbing tool coming out of his finger.

Yes, this is was I mean.

a-dev
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM
As I suspected so far BBTS only has these available for order as cases. Was hoping to be able to get my orders in straight away but I'll have to wait. FP.com has them individually but I'm sure they'd take longer than BBTS and it'd kill me.

tylerdurden
03-24-2010, 09:28 PM
i'm really digging the split-head t1000. great likeness too.

MaulFan
03-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm really impressed with how the closing back up head captures that pissed off look he had because as he was reforming he looked very angry that the blew his head apart.

tylerdurden
03-24-2010, 09:37 PM
yeah, that look is spot on. neca's got some great artists, and they don't get enough credit, imo.

this incarnation of the t1000 always reminds me of john carpenter's the thing. which is intentional, i'm sure.

MaulFan
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
NECA's humans would get much more credit if the sculpts didn't have the rough texture that they do, they all end up looking like they were made from chiselling away at stone and for a lot of people, even to me, that carries a feeling of unfinished work. You get so used to smoothed out, cleaned up sculpts that something like a NECA feels like it wasn't finished up. They do capture nice likenesses and expressions though. I wish they'd made a 12" Hannibal Lecter, I'd find some way to make an articulated figure with it because it's a really nice head, definitely better than Medicom's effort.

a-dev
03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
OK I changed my mind and ordered 1 case from BBTS since I do want at least one of each figure, but since I have no desire for multiples of either T-800 I'll leave it at 1 case. Later they'll be available individually and I'll go nuts then.

Blade3327
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Man, they'd better have a case deal for when the Preds come out... then again, I'd probably end up getting one of each character. P1's gonna have three different heads, so I'll pick my fave. I just hope they don't swap accessories throughout the variants to motivate me into buying 'em all... hate it when they do that.

HottoyzJoker
03-25-2010, 07:19 AM
When are the 12inch T-1000's and Predators for Neca supposed to start coming??? I see that the T-1000's 6inch figures are up for pre order already...

MaulFan
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
There's been no word if 12" versions of the T-1000 or Predators will even be made, only the 7" figures are confirmed at the moment.

Reinhardt
03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
These look fantastic, especially the Galleria one.

Series600
03-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Now that it seems the liquid metal version will be an exclusive varriant of the Galleria figure, I wonder if it will come with a whopping five interchangeable liquid metal hands and swappable heads to allow the same interchangeability as the other two figures, or if it will be one solid figure. NECA has a wonderful opportunity to make this a GREAT figure.

a-dev
03-26-2010, 03:59 PM
I expect it'll just be a straight repaint of the Galleria figure, perhaps even without any of the extra hands that figure may have. I don't think this would bother me too much since neither of those BD heads would suit being totally chromed.

Series600
03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Yea, I guess you're right. I was going on the idea that they have written "to create your own unique T-1000" at the end of those paragraphs. Still, if that is not done, I'm not worried, I'm still holding out hope for a 4th series with Steel Mill Split Body T-1000 and Biker Cop T-1000 with a Frozen Biker Cop T-1000 varriant/exclusive to make my T-1000 collection more complete.

a-dev
03-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Those are exactly the final few T-1000s I would love NECA to make. If you take McFarlane and NECAs collections together those are the key T-1000 gaps. And any others (like non-BD Steel mill version) could be put made through buying multiples of certain figures and part-swapping.

I hope there will be a series 4 to get at least those figures out there. I have doubts though.

Series600
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
No, don't doubt it! We need to stay positive about it. Keep one key fact in mind(and yes, it happens to be another quote from NECA's T-1000 page)
"Keep it tuned to necaonline.com for more info on Terminator 2 and other lines from your favorite games and movies."
They have to have more of our smiles up their sleeves, like uh... maybe a grand finale: Two large box sets with T-800 and T-1000 both on their separate motorcycles.

MaulFan
03-27-2010, 09:06 AM
While I'd like more out of NECA, given how the T-1000's being handled, I'm not hopeful of anything more that is unique from them. They're basically only releasing 2 T-1000 figures and 1 variant as an exclusive, non-mass released figure. If they were going to do more with T-1000, I would think they would have done more than 2 mass market figures this go around. Maybe they'll surprise us with a couple Biker costume based figures. As for a box set, it wouldn't surprise me to see a Pescadero T-800 and Galleria T-1000 or Pescadero T-1000 2 pack, to continue making money off those sculpts.

Johnny Utah
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
I hope the holes on the T-1000 go all the way through and out the other side, like the film.

MaulFan
03-27-2010, 09:36 AM
The bullet holes? I don't recall any of them going all the way through except the shotgun hit through his eye.

snoop101
03-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Im glad neca decided to make the t-1000's. This line wouldnt be the same without them.

tankman
03-27-2010, 02:28 PM
I hope the holes on the T-1000 go all the way through and out the other side, like the film.

That would be cool and I got the test shots and you'll be really happy if the figures come out this good.

a-dev
03-27-2010, 02:54 PM
The bullet holes? I don't recall any of them going all the way through except the shotgun hit through his eye.

They don't go through in the sense of creating gaping holes in his torso but there should nevertheless be 'exit wounds' on his back. The McFarlane figure portrayed this.

No, don't doubt it! We need to stay positive about it. Keep one key fact in mind(and yes, it happens to be another quote from NECA's T-1000 page)
"Keep it tuned to necaonline.com for more info on Terminator 2 and other lines from your favorite games and movies."
They have to have more of our smiles up their sleeves, like uh... maybe a grand finale: Two large box sets with T-800 and T-1000 both on their separate motorcycles.

I don't think we should read too much into that line. More info, if there is to be any, could mean the announcement of a 12" Galleria T-1000 - which would be great news but not the other great news we'd like to hear about there being a series 4.

MaulFan
03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
They don't go through in the sense of creating gaping holes in his torso but there should nevertheless be 'exit wounds' on his back. The McFarlane figure portrayed this.

That's what I mean, I didn't think there were exit wounds on the T-1000.

Buttmunch
03-27-2010, 03:05 PM
That's what I mean, I didn't think there were exit wounds on the T-1000.

But at the same time, we never saw him pooping out the bullets that hit him. He'd have a ton of them when he was in the semi truck. But it could go either way. I'm not sure if we ever saw them going through him either, but it would make sense since we never saw him leaving bullets around. Even the T-800 had bullets picked out of his back so its not like it wasn't something they just didn't think through.

a-dev
03-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Hmmm...I suppose I hadn't considered whether the McFarlane figure was actually correct to have exit wounds on the torso. Can anyone remember if the T-1000 was ever seen from behind in the film while taking shotgun hits?

MaulFan
03-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm pretty certain you never see it becaue that's unnecessary CGI work, , like the scene of him chasing them all in the cop car driving backwards out of the garage, they just sink into him, even the sound effect doesn't sound like it shot through but rather pierces and stays in him. It does raise where do the bullets go, but visually they never showed an exit wound except the eye.

MaulFan
03-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Hmmm...I suppose I hadn't considered whether the McFarlane figure was actually correct to have exit wounds on the torso. Can anyone remember if the T-1000 was ever seen from behind in the film while taking shotgun hits?

Yes, when Sarah's shooting him, they show a view from behind as he creeps closer to the edge.

Johnny Utah
03-27-2010, 03:11 PM
The T-1000 does have exit wounds in T2. Look at the scene where he's chasing them toward the elevator...you can see them over his right shoulder. Plenty of reference too on the dvd's.

snoop101
03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I guess I waited too long to buy these because they have definitely increased in value. The cheapest deal I can find is 40 dollars for the final battle and cyberdyne showdown.

Buttmunch
03-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I guess I waited too long to buy these because they have definitely increased in value. The cheapest deal I can find is 40 dollars for the final battle and cyberdyne showdown.

Here is where I got my series 1 and 2 sets:

http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=terminator&KHsid=2e7cda8237c42f6516e62fce0d7a5ec5

About the same price, except you get the Endo too!

a-dev
03-27-2010, 04:01 PM

Eh? Each or for both?

They're available at BBTS at the moment

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=315&company=26

Bobbyz500
04-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I cant wait for Series 3 to arrive.... Looking forward to these!

Idpullthecurtains
04-05-2010, 09:32 AM
cant wait. Hope the liquid metal one is still coming.

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Managed to get the two-handed firing pose out of the 12" Pescadero for the first time since I got him. I thought it couldn't be done but it can:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/12inchstandaloneshootingpose1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/12inchstandaloneshootingpose2.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/12inchstandaloneshootingpose3.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/12inchstandaloneshootingpose.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons3.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons4.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800preparestofire7.jpg

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Heres comparison shots of the 12" Final battle and its 7" equivalent:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons5.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons6.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons7.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/NECAbigandsmallcomparisons8.jpg

crazypredator2
04-14-2010, 03:32 PM
one of my favorite figures.thanks Neca !

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Then I did quite a few film re-enactment shots:

"Get down"
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800preparestofire1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800preparestofire3.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800preparestofire5.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800preparestofire6.jpg

T-800 on the march:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/mallhallwayshooting3.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/mallhallwayshooting4.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/mallhallwayshooting1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/mallhallwayshooting.jpg

T-1000 down:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/reloading.jpg

Reload:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/reloading3.jpg

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
More reloading with the Sideshow shotgun:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/reloading2.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/reloading1.jpg

Hand-to-hand fight:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand2.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand10.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand13.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand11.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand5.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand6.jpg

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:44 PM
more hand-to-hand:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand6.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand3.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand9.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand8.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/withED-2093.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand16.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand15.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand14.jpg

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Steel mill scenes with Final Battle T-800 and SS T-1000:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene2.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene14.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene16.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene11.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene14.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene15.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene13.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene18.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene19.jpg

a-dev
04-14-2010, 03:58 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene9.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene20.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene17.jpg

T-800s last stand:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene3.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene4.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/steelmillimpalationscene5.jpg

and I thought I'd pretend he had been attacked by ED-209:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/withED-209.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/withED-2091.jpg

But they're friends in real life:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/withED-2092.jpg

selektiv
04-15-2010, 03:19 AM
The likeness of the Pescadero is just P.E.R.F.E.C.T,, looks exacty like the T2 Arnie !!

THX for the great Photos !!

nicky
04-15-2010, 04:51 AM
These are great shots!! I love looking at re-enactments!!! Good job!!

Then I did quite a few film re-enactment shots:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/mallhallwayshooting.jpg

Matt13
04-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Like an old time silent movie! They were great!

Bezzerkerr
04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
a-dev....I LOVE IT

a-dev
04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Excellent glad y'all liked the photos. They were phone pics so thats why they're all grainy.

I was so delighted to be able to get that 2handed shooting pose out of the 12" Pescadero that I went and bought another one yesterday so I could permanently keep one like that while the other will carry the rosebox accessory from the Hot Toys figure.

I've really gone mad on the NECA Terminator 2 figures, I will literally have a figure for every pose let alone every 'look'. Looking forward to finding out what I'll be able to do with the Hot Toys figures.

And then theres T1 - theres a decent chance both Hot Toys and NECA will do figures from it. I think theres less potential for multiple repeat purchases to create different looks and poses from that film but any figures will still be absolute grails because of the sheer novelty of finally having figures from The Terminator as opposed to the usual T2.

darthjuan007
04-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Here's a pic of mine. This guy's been to the E.R, and the Vegas Strip.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/quezadawife/Photo0239_EDIT.jpg

a-dev
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Here's a pic of mine. This guy's been to the E.R, and the Vegas Strip.

Were they able to save the arm?

crazypredator2
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
p hope neca does a 1/6 t-1000.

darthjuan007
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Were they able to save the arm?

No...I had to take my son to the E.R and this was the only shut him up.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/quezadawife/Photo0196.jpg

a-dev
04-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Everythings alright I hope. Your child has already got great taste in heroes/toys by the looks of it!

darthjuan007
04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Everythings alright I hope. Your child has already got great taste in heroes/toys by the looks of it!

Yeah. I wished I could have played with a $200-$300 staute at his age.:D

Balsquat
04-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah. I wished I could have played with a $200-$300 staute at his age.:D

lol $200 for Neca?
What you been smoking Juan?

darthjuan007
04-16-2010, 06:27 PM
lol $200 for Neca?
What you been smoking Juan?

No....no...no...The other SS statue he's holding. :D:D

toyrewind
04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
No...I had to take my son to the E.R and this was the only shut him up.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/quezadawife/Photo0196.jpg

Where did you get that 12"inch cyberdyne showdown? Is that from NECA? coz last time I checked there were no 12"inch version yet.

darthjuan007
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Where did you get that 12"inch cyberdyne showdown? Is that from NECA? coz last time I checked there were no 12"inch version yet?

He holding this one.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/quezadawife/8320_press01-001-1.jpg

crazypredator2
04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
we need a 1/6 t-1000 for sure.

toyrewind
04-16-2010, 07:06 PM
oh... thought it was an action figure. :)

crazypredator2
04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
i have that ss statue.

HottoyzJoker
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
we need a 1/6 t-1000 for sure.

I bought final battle damage T-800 1/6 already so a T-1000 form that part of the movie is welcome... Other wise Ill be waiting for Hottoys to put theres out...

DARK-SIDE
04-17-2010, 06:32 AM
forgot to post mine BD T800 ……
I think it's very nice,but NECA canceled the other head,damn !!

a little repaint on him,by PPFM.

a-dev
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Well the other head wouldn't have been much use with that body - there was only a brief period where he had the semi-BD face and the battle damaged arm at the same time. However it still would have been nice to have because its a great sculpt.

a-dev
04-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Please let these things not be delayed. May is the earliest I've seen them listed at, I hope they do indeed start appearing next month as I need new stuff badly.

crazypredator2
04-17-2010, 04:34 PM
it would have messed up the light up feature in the eye,
to have the extra head, to attach. so it had to be left out.in order to get the light up feature.

Webb
04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh my wrist...:banghead

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/T-800T-1000handtohand.jpg

MaulFan
05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Very entertaining photo series a-dev.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2459279&postcount=94

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2459287&postcount=95

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2459289&postcount=96

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2459301&postcount=97

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2459309&postcount=98

a-dev
05-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks Maulfan. They are quite entertaining. Y'know sometimes I amaze even myself *smug grin*

csutkakoma
05-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks Maulfan. They are quite entertaining. Y'know sometimes I amaze even myself *smug grin*

Nice photos man! Good job!

a-dev
05-09-2010, 01:41 PM
The newbie delivers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NECA-Terminator-2-Series-3-T1000-T800-Figure-Set-3-/120567293614?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c125ee6ae :clap

Thanks to PharOOO for this link showing new pics of series 3, no sign of the Pescadero version though.

Well, the paint apps look as decent as it can get at this pricepoint, I'm happy there, although I'm sure there could be a few duds.

I have some kinda sorta downers though:

-yeah the head does seem a bit long. Too much distance between the eyes and mouth, the very opposite to what I see on Hot Toys T-800, but like the HT T-800 I think it manages not to screw up the likeness so thats good.

-the walking stance, although very good, is a bit too 'moment-specific' (from right when hes rounding a corner and drawing his gun in the mall corridor by the looks of it). It'll probably still be fine for other posing purposes but I can foresee this figure having trouble staying standing by itself - the slightest warping in the legs by the packaging or odd angle of a foot could have him toppling over.

-could just be the perspective in those pics but he looks the same height as, if not taller than the T-800. I know Arnie isn't all that tall but was he not taller than Robert Patrick? Still, could bode well for cross-compatability with the McFarlane T-1000.

a-dev
05-09-2010, 02:02 PM
On second thoughts that leg pose could be absolute genius. Its clearly trying to capture Robert Patrick's distinct stride in the film and it does that well IMO. But also if you're posing him in hand to hand battle with the T-800 it could be that one leg is back there to brace against the ground, so thats realistic enough. Aswell as that these legs might pass as running legs and they've given him his 'running hands' - when Rpatz runs his hands are open, not closed into fists, as I recall. So I'll be trying that.

tylerdurden
05-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Aswell as that these legs might pass as running legs and they've given him his 'running hands' - when Rpatz runs his hands are open, not closed into fists, as I recall. So I'll be trying that.

Oh no! please don't equate a respectable actor like robert patrick with that twilight nancy-boy! :gah:

a-dev
05-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh no! please don't equate a respectable actor like robert patrick with that twilight nancy-boy! :gah:

:rotfl The last time I did that no one noticed. It actually works - Robert Patrick, Rpatz. However I duly apologise.

MaulFan
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey gang, just a heads up, I've consolidated the various NECA T2 T-800 threads into this one to simplify things, the various waves were spread out, there was like half a dozen plus threads on these and it makes more sense to have everything in one place so if you want to share photos or whatever, you don't have to figure out with thread to use.

For now, the T-1000 thread is being left separate so that people looking for information on when that's availabie and such won't have to sift through anything, but once that figures been out for awhile and all, it'll get merged into this thread too.

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/26.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/27.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/28.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/29.jpg

MaulFan
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/30.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/31.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/32.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/33.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/34.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/35.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/36.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/37.jpg

a-dev
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Great shots Maulfan, of course we've come to expect nothing less. I continue to get so much enjoyment out of these smaller figures, they're helping me through the terrible wait for the Hot Toys figures and they will be displayed proudly with their bigger higher-end equivalents. For me these figures were the first (poseable figures) to truly capture Arnold as the T-800 in 20years since the film came out and they came so unexpectedly for me. I had heard no announcement prior to seeing the first pics of the 2ups - I was just blown away not just by the quality of the figures but by the fact that they had finally happened. It seemed like there never would be 'proper' T2 figures. Now we're getting just about everything a T2 fan could have dreamed of from 2 companies.

MaulFan
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
For what they are, they're great looking, it'll be nice to have a fully posable figure though, even with the articulation these have, there's a limit to how many poses you can do where it still looks normal and all, but they make for a great component to a T2 collection. I'm actually thinking of caving on the 12" BD.

a-dev
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm looking forward to taking big wide shots of my entire Terminator figure collection when everyone has finished making them - McFarlane, Neca and Hot Toys. It won't be the most attractive collection to some because of all the repetition and the lack of statues, busts, PFs etc but it'll be everything I ever wanted.