PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]

a-dev
11-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Must be imminent

Double-jointed elbows on Arnie. The T1 and T2 figures could do with that.

snoop101
11-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Those look excellent. I really enjoyed the movie so I'll probably get these.

P.
11-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Must be imminent
DIAPER BURST IMMINENT

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=469909&d=1572710277

jye4ever
11-02-2019, 10:19 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sachiel
11-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Boominators

Mike86
11-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Sarah looks too old if you ask me. She?s aged in the film but they overdid it with the figure. She looks better with sunglasses. I liked Dark Fate though so I?ll probably get both her and the T-800/Carl.

a-dev
11-02-2019, 06:52 PM
:lol @ P

Sarah looks too old if you ask me. She?s aged in the film but they overdid it with the figure. She looks better with sunglasses. I liked Dark Fate though so I?ll probably get both her and the T-800/Carl.

Based on this pic I'll agree, they overdid it a bit

More pics I hadn't seen

Then I saw this trio of images together

One of these will be missing from our toy collections. NECA, you cannot let this stand.

The Clown Prince of Crime
11-02-2019, 10:22 PM
I can't wait to get those awesome figures.They'll look great next to my NECA Blade Runner 2049 Deckard and Halloween reboot Michael Myers/ Laurie Strode figures.

P.
11-03-2019, 06:12 AM
i know now why Skynet tried to kill Sarah Connor: to stop this madness of dumb, stupid pseudoterminator movies.
instead it caused it. a perfect time loop.

jespernicolaj
11-03-2019, 06:37 AM
Dark Fate was all right. Not really good, the story was half assed, the lpot stupid, but all the actors gave it all they had. I still have a crush on Linda, so seeing her was great. Arnold was good. I wish Hot Toys would do something from this film. And go back and revisit the first and the second movie

P.
11-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Dark Fate was all right.yeah, a dyke versus a kinder surprise toy is "alright". and so interesting.

Johnny Utah
11-03-2019, 12:15 PM
yeah, a dyke versus a kinder surprise toy is "alright". and so interesting.

Whoa...bit harsh no?

rjszar
11-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Saw the movie in IMAX. Neca did not overdo it with Sarah. She does look that old an wrinkly. That still photo is not representative of what you really see on screen.

snoop101
11-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Saw the movie in IMAX. Neca did not overdo it with Sarah. She does look that old an wrinkly. That still photo is not representative of what you really see on screen.

Agreed. She's looking pretty rough.

jye4ever
11-03-2019, 04:47 PM

Yup much worse in the movie.

Mike86
11-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Linda Hamilton is definitely looking old, but the sculpt without the sunglasses make her look like an old granny. NECA really overdid it with the wrinkles.

snoop101
11-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Have you seen the movie? That's exactly how she looks lol

Mike86
11-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Have you seen the movie? That's exactly how she looks lol
I did but she’s not that wrinkled.

a-dev
11-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Maybe it's the expression on the figure then. It looks a bit 'nursing home biddy' maybe?

Mike86
11-03-2019, 07:01 PM
I think on the figure it’s a combination of the eyes/eyebrows and the forehead wrinkles that are making her look old. The eyebrows look really full and gray/white.

snoop101
11-03-2019, 08:23 PM
She looks worse in the movie honestly. If you told me she was 81 in terminator dark fate I'd believe it :lol.

EndoSickness
11-04-2019, 01:24 AM
:lol @ P

Based on this pic I'll agree, they overdid it a bit

More pics I hadn't seen

Then I saw this trio of images together

One of these will be missing from our toy collections. NECA, you cannot let this stand.

The saddest part, to me is, that HT refrained to complete the 1/6 lines and they were so easy to be completed!

a-dev
11-05-2019, 12:10 PM
So with the film tanking at the box office I doubt NECA will bother with any more figures from Dark Fate. But I wonder what it means for Terminator toys generally. I'm always willing to buy more from the first two films but will NECA see any value in it?

The Tech Noir T-800 especially could benefit from those new double-elbow joints becase the existing figure has hardly any range at all. But then so too could Uncle Bob and the Police Shootout T-800 for tighter shotgun poses. You'd need new hands aswell for holding guns at the more upright orientation. I'm not sure NECA's heart is in it anymore though.

They've even gone real quiet and slow on Alien and Predator it feels like. Their twitter is dominated by horror, Gremlins and Turtles.

The saddest part, to me is, that HT refrained to complete the 1/6 lines and they were so easy to be completed!

It's been so long now I'd want do-overs for most of the figures they did make anyway. Heck the MMS238 was pretty unsatisfying from day one.

jye4ever
11-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Amazing how just the wrong hand positions can ruin an otherwise great figure.

snoop101
11-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Well Genisys wasn't a success either was it? Yet here we are...

NECA said before that there were more figures from Dark Fate coming so I guess we'll see.

MaulFan
11-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Not coming, Randy said there are more in different stages of development but success of these figures will determine their fate. Even if the movie is a bust, if the figures sell well enough we’ll probably get more. I have a clean and BD Arnie from T1, T2 and T5 in my collection, I would like a BD from Dark Fate to go with this one.

DioramaMaker
11-05-2019, 08:44 PM
I highly suspect we will at the least get a BD Arnie. Old or young, regardless of film, people will buy that design.

Freakazoid!
11-06-2019, 03:10 PM
I just hope they'll release a Mackenzie Davis figure, so we have a base headsculpt to use for a Mariette figure, which should have been released in a third wave of NECA's Blade Runner 2049 collectibles along with Joi, Sapper Morton, Lt. Joshi, Officer K (battle damaged).

memyselfi
11-06-2019, 04:54 PM
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1192222189661147137?s=20

memyselfi
11-06-2019, 04:59 PM

a-dev
11-06-2019, 06:03 PM
''Maybe in 2024 if we are still doing Terminator''? Jesus, that's a disappointing answer.

He also just said that Tech Noir is coming back soon - I presume that'll be a straight rerelease of the Ultimate. If it had anything new like double-elbow articulation why would he pour such cold water on the request for a Police Shootout figure with double elbows.

snoop101
11-06-2019, 09:33 PM
Yeah who cares at that point.

Give us a future war Kyle Reese, T1 Sarah, or even a battle damage Arnie from T3 would be awesome.

a-dev
11-06-2019, 10:14 PM
We'll almost be at war with the machines by then.

These are not positive sounds for the Terminator line. Will it be a disaster if they call it quits? Well, no. We've gotten most of what we could want. But for the sake of the few things we don't have I wanted the line to carry on so that new stuff would occasionally trickle in. But here's Randy being reluctant to even rerelease stuff already made or redo existing stuff with minor new tooling. Wouldn't seem to bode well.

snoop101
11-07-2019, 12:43 AM
I'm surprised they even took it as far as they did. I never thought we'd ever get a T2 John Connor, let alone with his dirt bike.

Ted Knight's Ghost
11-08-2019, 12:00 AM
I hated the new movie, what they did in the beginning..... ****ing idiots.

I'd buy Carl but big pass on Grandma. I just want a Tech-Com Kyle Reese and a Future John Connor from T2 and I'd be happy.

a-dev
11-08-2019, 10:49 PM
I'm surprised they even took it as far as they did. I never thought we'd ever get a T2 John Connor, let alone with his dirt bike.

So far it seems anyone who splurged on ebay did the right thing. I may have bought one or two...or three...or... :monkey3

Cameron's idea apparently. I better not see him complaining about Alien 3 ever again.

snoop101
11-09-2019, 12:42 AM
:lol. I bought several as well. My most wanted figure from them is definitely a future war Reese. Though I highly doubt they'll ever make it.

P.
11-09-2019, 03:21 AM

Cameron's idea apparently. I better not see him complaining about Alien 3 ever again.did they kill some dumb kid there so that miriads of stupid people would say "oh how could you kill a kid in an otherwise splendid stupid movie"? because death of Hicks and Newt was the only good thin about A3?
nice!

a-dev
11-09-2019, 07:20 AM
did they kill some dumb kid there so that miriads of stupid people would say "oh how could you kill a kid in an otherwise splendid stupid movie"? because death of Hicks and Newt was the only good thin about A3?
nice!

I had a feeling it'd be all the same to you, you don't even consider T2 to be canon really.

For all I know it actually could be the best thing about the film, I've seen the particular scene on youtube and it seems well done. But by using it as a means to simply reset and tell the entire same story again, just with new names, it has no value whatsoever. And as a fan of T2 it renders everything that took place in that movie moot and pointless. And that's why I find it so bizarre that it was Cameron's idea and why the Alien 3 comparison is so relevant because he hated that.

DiFabio
11-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Look how long it took them to do articulated legs. I'm not surprised by the answers. New tools would require too much effort.

a-dev
11-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Look how long it took them to do articulated legs. I'm not surprised by the answers. New tools would require too much effort.

People are actually inviting them to sell us the same stuff again - that whole incremental improvement, planned obsolescence strategy - release them as statues, release them with leg articulation, release them with double-elbows, release them with translucent skin plastic - but it sounds like he's not even arsed. Maybe with good reason, he's the one looking at the sales. Terminator has fallen. :(

P.
11-09-2019, 06:25 PM
damnit i didn't wake up early enough to erase my wasted message before somebody quoted it! :slap

a-dev
11-09-2019, 09:32 PM
:lol

Was it a drunk post? I can delete my quote if you want.

P.
11-10-2019, 02:02 AM
too late :slap
plus i think i agree with myself, though i wouldn't say it so rough :lol

Joda
11-10-2019, 03:50 PM
You both are hilarious. :lol

Who needs Arnie? I'm just here for the jokes.

dukefett
11-10-2019, 04:11 PM
I really loved the movie, liked the direction they went and it just made sense to me. I'm not sure if I'll get these figures but they're definitely on my radar a lot more now.

DioramaMaker
11-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have a set of spare NECA T2 T-800 heads from their duplicates laying around? I'd take them off your hands, I'd like to do some repaints, but don't want to alter my original releases. I've yet to find the Ultimate release at Wal Mart, or else I'd just go with that.

Dr. Anton Phibes
11-16-2019, 04:43 PM
Ok, please excuse my ignorance on the topic, here goes: Can anyone tell me if there is a T-800 Terminator endoskeleton action figure by NECA or even McFarlane, or anyone...that can actually stand? I had this one, I "crazy glue tricked" the joints, had him pegged to a base...and he constantly fell over. Forward, backward....didn't matter. It always fell. is there a sturdy figure that will stand and display well and not constantly fall over?470899

Tech-Com DN38416
11-16-2019, 07:22 PM

I'd buy Carl but big pass on Grandma. I just want a Tech-Com Kyle Reese and a Future John Connor from T2 and I'd be happy.

Agree dude, killing John killed the franchise. You have so called 'fan' Tim Miller saying 'the story was always about sarah' when in actual fact it was ALL about John Connor.

I've pre ordered both Dark Fate figures for there weapon accessories. I like to mix and match heads , bodies, and weapons, kind of make custom terminators.

A Tech Com Kyle Reese would be ace! T1 Sarah and T2 Pescadero Sarah would be a great addition. Even a Frank Columbo infiltrator with that big plasma cannon :)

Tech-Com DN38416
11-16-2019, 07:37 PM
Terminator: Resistance on PC, PS4 & XBOX ONE came out friday, I'll post my playthrough on my youtube channel later in the week and share the link on here. It's done by a low rate developer but don't let that put you off as it's pretty damn good for a Terminator game. Its based on the future war glimpsed in T1&T2 and has Brad Fiedels Iconic music!

The Endoskeletons, Flying HK's and HK Tanks are on point! There are some other skynet machines but they fit in nicely. The sound is great too. To be honest the story is better than dark fate and closes the loop. I would of loved for this game to have been a film, would have been better than Dark fate. No arnold cameo but you come across a corpse in a facility with Robert Patricks likeness! There is an infiltrator in the game with Arnie's T1 jacket, a nice touch for us fans.

It's not the best game but like I said you get to fight endos etc! They look great! A remake of Terminator: Dawn of Fate on PS2 would be epic as you actually play as Kyle Reese.

Anyway check it out!

Also , has anyone seen the new 12inch Terminator doll's/figures that are coming out on Big Bad Toy Store's website?

Hope everyone who saw dark fate can travel back in time and avoid it like the plague LOL! Only good when arnie weapons up and starts to fight otherwise that film is a disgrace. We'll never get a dark Terminator film again like T1 & T2. I prefer there not be another movie if eddie furlong is not playing john again. All fans care about is Sarah, John and Skynet.

Matt S
11-17-2019, 02:46 PM
thanks for the heads up, Tech-com! Kinda curious

As to Dark Fate: **** Tim Miller and his cliched, lazy ass story. It took 4 people to write that POS?

a-dev
11-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Don't know where else to put this but saw this tweet from Johnny Utah on NECA's twitter

did you get my Total Recall tweet? Basically just asking if there is any interest given it's turning 30 next year, the license is available and you have dealt with Arnold for his likeness before?

I'd love to have some Total Recall figures from NECA. Another of Arnie's top movies from his prime days, pretty unrepresented in the collectibles domain. Don't think NECA was ever thrilled by the sales of its Conan the Barbarian line and I guess that's what puts them off.

Joda
11-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Don't know where else to put this but saw this tweet from Johnny Utah on NECA's twitter

I'd love to have some Total Recall figures from NECA. Another of Arnie's top movies from his prime days, pretty unrepresented in the collectibles domain. Don't think NECA was ever thrilled by the sales of its Conan the Barbarian line and I guess that's what puts them off.

Dude, Total Recall figures would be awesome! (And I might secretly want figures from The Running Man as well... :lol)

Captain Clown
11-18-2019, 06:34 PM
I've wanted Running Man figures for so long. :lol

A display of Ben Richards with the yellow tracksuit and all the seekers would be awesome.

snoop101
11-18-2019, 07:32 PM
I'd be down for some Running man or total recall figures.

a-dev
11-18-2019, 09:59 PM
Absolutely, The Running Man aswell.

They made John Matrix from Commando - granted that was able to be a reuse of Dutch for the most part.

snoop101
11-18-2019, 10:02 PM
Yeah I bought that one. That's a pretty cool one off figure. Arnold in the gold/yellow adidas tracksuit would definitely be an eye grabber that's for sure. They could even do battle damage variants or whatever too.

a-dev
11-18-2019, 10:06 PM
The translucent skin plastic didn't turn out so well on that one though, least not on my figure. The original set of Dutch figures (less so the rereleases with inferior paint apps) remain NECA's best work on Arnie.

snoop101
11-18-2019, 10:19 PM
Yeah you're right. I remember sorting through about 6 of them at my local ToysRus before finding one that just had "okay" paint apps. They were really bad. Some didn't even have the eyes printed on correctly. :lol

Agreed about the original Dutch figures. Some of their best work ever. Too bad Terminator never got that level of attention. After all this time I'm pretty content with what we got. If they were to re-release the terminator line with new and improved paint apps I'd probably buy a few of them but I wouldn't feel the need to buy them all over again at this point. I still hope we get a tech com Reese and T1 Sarah at some point.

Johnny Utah
11-19-2019, 04:39 AM
I've asked Randy twice now about Total Recall. He replies asking what the tweet was but nothing after that. Even an ultimate Doug Quaid would be cool.

Davea1982
11-19-2019, 05:48 AM
Terminator: Resistance on PC, PS4 & XBOX ONE came out friday, I'll post my playthrough on my youtube channel later in the week and share the link on here. It's done by a low rate developer but don't let that put you off as it's pretty damn good for a Terminator game. Its based on the future war glimpsed in T1&T2 and has Brad Fiedels Iconic music!

The Endoskeletons, Flying HK's and HK Tanks are on point! There are some other skynet machines but they fit in nicely. The sound is great too. To be honest the story is better than dark fate and closes the loop. I would of loved for this game to have been a film, would have been better than Dark fate. No arnold cameo but you come across a corpse in a facility with Robert Patricks likeness! There is an infiltrator in the game with Arnie's T1 jacket, a nice touch for us fans.

It's not the best game but like I said you get to fight endos etc! They look great! A remake of Terminator: Dawn of Fate on PS2 would be epic as you actually play as Kyle Reese.

Anyway check it out!

Also , has anyone seen the new 12inch Terminator doll's/figures that are coming out on Big Bad Toy Store's website?

Hope everyone who saw dark fate can travel back in time and avoid it like the plague LOL! Only good when arnie weapons up and starts to fight otherwise that film is a disgrace. We'll never get a dark Terminator film again like T1 & T2. I prefer there not be another movie if eddie furlong is not playing john again. All fans care about is Sarah, John and Skynet.

It is an awesome game. So many Easter eggs too.

BTW couldn't find any 12" Terminator figures on there website... Could you post a link please?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MaulFan
11-19-2019, 05:59 AM
This is the closest thing to looking like 1/6 that's coming or out, but it's not 1/6, and there's upcoming ThreeZero figures from Dark Fate but also 1/12 scale.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78734

Davea1982
11-19-2019, 07:07 AM
This is the closest thing to looking like 1/6 that's coming or out, but it's not 1/6, and there's upcoming ThreeZero figures from Dark Fate but also 1/12 scale.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78734That's exactly what I thought.... [emoji849]

a-dev
11-19-2019, 11:46 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the rest of those Great Twins figures will come out. With BBTS putting the T-800 on sale it doesn't seem like it's been a good seller - no surprise frankly, it came across like a low-effort figure by just straight-up copying the Hot Toys DX10 - and the starting price was $130. That's a lot for a small size.

dukefett
11-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Yeah I was totally disappointed with the GT T-800. I know they won't do it but I wish we'd get more Hot Toys T2 releases. Came into the game too late for those.

Captain Clown
11-20-2019, 10:02 PM
Hey y?all. Sorry I wasn?t sure where to post this and I didn?t want to make a new thread for it, but does anyone here know what this life size Arnold head is from?

It?s going up for auction at a local comic store, and I?m really tempted to go bid on it.

snoop101
11-20-2019, 11:02 PM
Kind of looks like T3 era Arnold.

Daniel-J
11-21-2019, 01:07 AM
Amazing model. Too bad I didn't see it before.

a-dev
11-27-2019, 01:51 PM
Why do people bother to buy from scalpers

Good question cause if you don’t buy from them they will just return them to get their money back. Don’t feed the scalpers or the trolls. Weird to live by - Randy

I can think of one reason Randy - when you make a highly sought-after character an SDCC exclusive and bar international fans from being able to order it from you directly. Scalpers become the only option unless you know someone in the US who will get it for you and sell it to you at the retail price.

P.
11-27-2019, 03:01 PM
^
:exactly: oh yes. luckily i've always managed to find "only twice the price" option so far.

Tech-Com DN38416
12-09-2019, 10:01 PM
It is an awesome game. So many Easter eggs too.

BTW couldn't find any 12" Terminator figures on there website... Could you post a link please?

I think I meant 1/12 scale. Soz for the late reply not had time to get on here since I posted that post! Oh here are the links. Figures made by 'Great Twins'

T800
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78734

T1000
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87407

T1000 LIQUID
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87410

ENDOSKELETON
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85680

a-dev
12-10-2019, 09:02 AM
And the 1/12 Dark Fate Carl T-800 from Threezero
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/110503

Look at the size of those hands. They look like the same standardized hands that Hot Toys and most other 1/6 companies use.

snoop101
12-10-2019, 02:20 PM
1/12? Do people really collect that scale?

a-dev
12-11-2019, 10:28 AM
It seems to have a strong popularity now. Mafex and other companies the names of which aren't coming to me. I've got an Alien and 2 Robocops from Mafex which I really like - expensive enough from BBTS though. I haven't bought any figures with real clothing however. The Great Twins T2 ones look pretty awful.

dukefett
12-11-2019, 01:41 PM
1/12? Do people really collect that scale?

It's extremely popular, at least it's a standard scale instead of NECA's that can only stand together.

Mezco essentially created the clothed soft goods 1/12 line and everyone is running with them now.

btby100
12-31-2019, 06:42 PM
I just got the old Neca 18 inch Endo and surprise surprise something broke. I was just wondering if there was any way I could fix this. 474456

Tech-Com DN38416
01-12-2020, 05:08 PM
One of my favourite parts from the Terminator: Resistance Game

https://youtu.be/_W8NfmiZDXc?t=293

Anyone go there Dark Fate Arnold and Sarah connor figures yet? They are on ebay 'in stock'. I paid a small deposit with Kapow Toy's so still waiting for official release.

Tech-Com DN38416
01-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Review for that 1/12 Great Twins Arnold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJdOmK6Q9Ro

Tech-Com DN38416
01-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Haha what Battle Damaged T-800 is this?? You'll laugh at it's face but must be a custom or something?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-TOYS-MMS02-1-6-The-Terminator-T-800-Battle-Damaged-MMS002-NIB/143257566824?hash=item215ad0fe68:g:7cQAAOSwh0Rc4Cf M

snoop101
01-12-2020, 05:52 PM
That's an OG Hot Toys figure. They didn't have Arnolds likeness.

a-dev
01-12-2020, 07:38 PM
Review for that 1/12 Great Twins Arnold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJdOmK6Q9Ro

Haven't heard anything more about the T-1000 and Endoskeleton from them. Starting to think they're cancelled and they haven't told anyone yet.

jye4ever
01-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Man does that GT figure look like ass lol

snoop101
01-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Yeah 1/12 scale figs are garbage.

jye4ever
01-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Wait wut not all are. :thwak

dukefett
01-12-2020, 10:12 PM
I saw there's 3rd party 1/12 sculpt for T1 arnold, but it's purported to be for the Phicen 1/12 Male body, but the head's too goddamn small. I've seen SOOOO many custom 3rd party 1/12 headsculpts that are too small. I have no idea what those companies are doing. Make them Mezco size or release them with full body kits cause no other parts will make them look good. They're just so stupid to do it this way.

snoop101
01-12-2020, 11:58 PM
Wait wut not all are. :thwak

The fit of the clothing alone is what ruins it for me. It's hard enough to make 1/6 clothing look and fit right let alone 1/12.

a-dev
01-13-2020, 10:14 AM
Yep. As I mentioned in another thread yesterday that's why I've stuck to plastic 1/12 figures so far such as the Alien and Robocop. Soft goods are terrible on anything below 1/6.

Must be frustrating for fans of particular licenses that NECA only makes in their 'real clothes' range.

MaulFan
01-13-2020, 10:21 AM
Must be frustrating for fans of particular licenses that NECA only makes in their 'real clothes' range.

Yes and no, those figures are made to be like vintage MEGO figures, so the overall figures aren't even articulated or made up to the same level as the all plastic figures, so it's disappointing on a few levels, not just because of the cloth.

I will say, the cloth "skirt" on the NECA Ghostface takes it down a notch, I get they were trying to get the legs posable, but it didn't need that, solid rubber or plastic would have been fine and matched the rest of the figure.

a-dev
01-17-2020, 10:50 AM
Anyone go there Dark Fate Arnold and Sarah connor figures yet? They are on ebay 'in stock'. I paid a small deposit with Kapow Toy's so still waiting for official release.

Just got them in from BBTS today. They're excellent figures. Incredible sculpting, very good likenesses, impressive arsenal of weapons, great articulation.

Arnie's double jointed elbows do look a bit odd but I have to say I don't mind it and I'd really like to see new T1 and T2 T-800s with this added joint. It pains me that NECA may not do it.

I'd also love to see Trevor Grove be given a crack at doing new T1/T2 Arnie sculpts. And heck the T-1000 aswell, why not. The old one is good but a bit long in the face.

MaulFan
01-17-2020, 10:54 AM
Just got them in from BBTS today. They're excellent figures. Incredible sculpting, very good likenesses, impressive arsenal of weapons, great articulation.

Arnie's double jointed elbows do look a bit odd but I have to say I don't mind it and I'd really like to see new T1 and T2 T-800s with this added joint. It pains me that NECA may not do it.

I'd also love to see Trevor Grove be given a crack at doing new T1/T2 Arnie sculpts.

I'd almost say they're TOO good. While articulate was improved on the Genisys figures, overall they still felt about the same quality as all the other Terminator figures and didn't stand out. I got myself a Carl and it looks great, but the paint, the sculpt, the articulation, are all so far beyond the rest of the Terminator collection from NECA that he feels like an odd man out. Interesting that they included the sunglasses head.

I don't hold out much hope, but at this point, I'd be happy to at least get a BD Carl and not just the clean one, anything from T1 or T2 updated would be awesome, but not banking on it.

a-dev
01-17-2020, 11:03 AM
That was a fast response.

Yeah, very impressed with the Dark Fate figures. I think Randy has already basically ruled out another wave based on the response to the movie. I bought these so I would buy other figures from it but I won't be broken up if this is all we get.

But dammit I really want T1 and T2 figures of this standard and Randy seems happy enough with the existing Ultimates they've done.

dukefett
01-17-2020, 01:55 PM
So has literally no one done or will do a Rev 9 figure then? I haven't seen them in stores yet but I haven't been shopping that much lately either.

a-dev
01-17-2020, 03:21 PM
No. I doubt NECA ever intended to make him. Series 2 was probably just gonna be a battle-damaged Carl but I think even that has been pre-cancelled.

Johnny Utah
01-17-2020, 03:45 PM
Can someone with Twitter ask Randy why no news on the 40th Alien line? He said he would provide an update today and he posted a silly packaging pic for a rhino alien. I would ask but the son of a ***** blocked me.

a-dev
01-17-2020, 04:00 PM
Yeah, not what we had been told to expect. He did say 'maybe' but it was an unprompted post so 'maybe' felt more like 'definitely'

snoop101
01-17-2020, 04:52 PM
I get Sarah and the T-800 tomorrow. They were the best part of Dark Fate so I'm pretty excited to have some sort of merchandise from the film. Sucks to hear about wave 2 but I kind of figured as much. NECA is honestly turning into HT lately as far as variety goes. Kenner inspired stuff, horror, and TMNT is about all there is.

a-dev
01-17-2020, 08:06 PM

Was wondering why Sarah didn't come with the bazooka or this gun^ from her intro scene - turns out NECA haven't made that version of Sarah. It's based on after they meet up with Carl. So pretty much the scenes on the plane onward. I hadn't really paid attention.

Meanwhile Threezero are releasing the intro scene Sarah but are not providing whatever that first gun is.

snoop101
01-17-2020, 09:52 PM
It's some sort of fully auto shotgun with a drum mag. Yeah I think that version of Sarah looks better too. NECA should at least give us a battle damaged Carl.

a-dev
01-17-2020, 10:51 PM
Well in any case it's a terrific figure. 2/2 for NECA Sarah Connors. Visually this one's a smidge better actually - it doesn't have the overlong, spindly legs of the T2 one, thus the proportions are better. If the patented NECA one leg longer than the other issue is present it is at least not as extreme.

On T2 Sarah's side you have the 3 heads. Dark Fate could have done with a 3rd head, BD with a sterner expression maybe.

As for BD Carl, there's multiple stages to choose from probably. The absolute final stage has him with one of his feet blown/ripped off so that would make an awkward figure. Maybe the stage prior then where he's just missing a hand and fighting the Rev-9 with that thing...whatever it is he picks up.

It's a bummer that NECA refuses to make T3 figures, thus no super BD T-850 and now probably no super BD Carl either.

snoop101
01-18-2020, 12:43 AM
Good to hear that the quality is good. I was planning on repainting them if they looked bad. But I'd buy a NECA battle damage T-850 in a heartbeat. T3 sucks but Arnold looked awesome regardless.

I forgot about Carl losing his foot, doesn't the rev 9 rip his hand off too?

P.
01-18-2020, 03:35 AM
a liquid terminator would just pour itself into a mechanical terminator and destroy its eyes, wires and chips from within in a matter of minutes, leaving it at least helpless if not entirely nonfunctional, so everything since T2 (included) is fake suspence anyway.
i just watched Short Circuit for the first time in my life, a robot disabled another robot by simply shutting it down (on purpose, by knowing how to do it, which should obviously be the same for terminators) instead of ripping off his feet, arms, head, whatever stupid pseudoterminators did.

MaulFan
01-18-2020, 03:39 AM
I am planning a small repaint on Carl, not because the paint is applied bad, but for some reason, they made his hair on the top of his head and most of his beard brown, so he doesn’t fully look like Carl, more like he’d look halfway between the opening of the movie and when we see him later, not sure why, if NECA thought an older looking figure wouldn’t sell, license holder wouldn’t approve it, but I want him to look like he does, so adding white to the beard and grey to the top of his head. I don’t mind small touch ups, like with my BD Pops from Genisys I added blood to the damage to look more like the previous movies, his damage was too clean and fake looking in Genisys.

a-dev
01-18-2020, 06:43 AM
a liquid terminator would just pour itself into a mechanical terminator and destroy its eyes, wires and chips from within in a matter of minutes, leaving it at least helpless if not entirely nonfunctional, so everything since T2 (included) is fake suspence anyway.
i just watched Short Circuit for the first time in my life, a robot disabled another robot by simply shutting it down (on purpose, by knowing how to do it, which should obviously be the same for terminators) instead of ripping off his feet, arms, head, whatever stupid pseudoterminators did.

Even Genisys proved that by having its T-1000 able to re-activate and repower a T-800 with a drop of itself. So yeah it makes sense it should also be able to shut one down. Still, I'm going to ignore this

Alice
01-20-2020, 12:49 AM
Ignoring everything post T2, (because, why shouldn't we?) the T-1000 didn't even attempt to reprogram/revive or "pour itself into" anything and destroy it from within. Given that we know that the T-1000 wasn't beholden to any rules as to what it was or wasn't allowed to do to achieve its goal, we have to assume that the reason he didn't try those things is because he knew he couldn't.

P.
01-20-2020, 03:03 AM
it just shows how dumb it was (because of the hero/evil plot balance, of course), beating T-800 with things instead of just enveloping T-800's head into a blob (like it did with T-800's arm when it turned its own head into arms) and at least destroying its visual and audial sensors (instead of the arm, again).
so actually it did almost what i'm talking about, so it could at least try what a robot should try with another robot - disable its sensors if you cannot disable its chassis.

DiFabio
01-20-2020, 04:56 PM
You know what else was dumb. Why the T-800 never just shot Sarah Connor in the face. It hesitated too long at Tech Noir. Sarah is right there and he lets Kyle Reese distract him instead of just blowing Sarah’s brains out.

Same thing during the chase at the end. He’s so stupid he shoots Sarah’s reflection in the truck mirror instead of shooting her in the head.

jye4ever
01-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Saw the DF Arnold/Hamilton today at Target the heads looked horrible.

a-dev
01-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Sculpts? Paint?

jye4ever
01-20-2020, 08:21 PM
I was shocked just how much Arnold sculpt was off it looked nothing like him.

Linda was closer in resemblance but in toy form her wrinkled older look was rather off putting to me.

a-dev
01-20-2020, 09:02 PM
I think it's the painting of the eyes that's throwing it for you. I wouldn't even call it a bad paintjob...just maybe the wrong paintjob, I dunno. When I'm used to Hot Toys fatheads/shortheads/afroheads and I see a sculpt that doesn't have those issues I tend to think it's good.

snoop101
01-20-2020, 11:40 PM
I think the Sarah and T-800 Dark Fate sculpts/paint are excellent. Actually it might be some of Necas best work. The only real issue I had was that Arnolds beard was grey in the film not brown, but that's a relatively simple fix.

P.
01-21-2020, 03:15 AM
You know what else was dumb. Why the T-800 never just shot Sarah Connor in the face. It hesitated too long at Tech Noir. Sarah is right there and he lets Kyle Reese distract him instead of just blowing Sarah’s brains out.

Same thing during the chase at the end. He’s so stupid he shoots Sarah’s reflection in the truck mirror instead of shooting her in the head.
or he destroyed the mirror to stop Sarah looking at him and adjusting her position on the road. actually very close to what i said T-1000 could and should try to do with T-800. and he didn't have any hurry to kill the last Connor that time, not knowing she got a protector, so two more seconds in slo-mo is nowhere near T-1000's dumbness and disability to use its advantages in every encounter.
but you're just trying to mirror what you didn't like in my post, knowing it was true.

jye4ever
01-21-2020, 05:00 AM
I think it's the painting of the eyes that's throwing it for you. I wouldn't even call it a bad paintjob...just maybe the wrong paintjob, I dunno. When I'm used to Hot Toys fatheads/shortheads/afroheads and I see a sculpt that doesn't have those issues I tend to think it's good.

Yeah it was probably the paint not sculpt I was in a rush my wife was pushing me towards the pots and pans aisle :gah:

MaulFan
01-21-2020, 06:01 AM
I was shocked just how much Arnold sculpt was off it looked nothing like him.

Linda was closer in resemblance but in toy form her wrinkled older look was rather off putting to me.

These are the raw sculpts from Trevor Grove.

https://scontent.fbos1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/62350784_2403325196398799_5226507795121045504_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnb4gZeJnnkdF0Ev6NgApIS26GmkUB8JVGfO29ZGBU SlarVX00jwvJRqdzj8755740&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-2.fna&oh=79a66e7fa6da01846eb24a306ba89277&oe=5ED54E56

I think the sculpt work is there, if anything, it's paint throwing it off, and paint work is as key to likeness, I've seen really good sculpts ruined by poor paint. I don't think the NECA paint ruins the sculpt, but something with the eyes, from certain angles and lighting, does look less like Arnold than it could, it's hard to describe, but I've seen it myself.

I think the Sarah and T-800 Dark Fate sculpts/paint are excellent. Actually it might be some of Necas best work. The only real issue I had was that Arnolds beard was grey in the film not brown, but that's a relatively simple fix.

Agreed, the current paint, while well applied, makes him look to young.

jye4ever
01-21-2020, 06:06 AM
These are the raw sculpts from Trevor Grove.

https://scontent.fbos1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/62350784_2403325196398799_5226507795121045504_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnb4gZeJnnkdF0Ev6NgApIS26GmkUB8JVGfO29ZGBU SlarVX00jwvJRqdzj8755740&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-2.fna&oh=79a66e7fa6da01846eb24a306ba89277&oe=5ED54E56

I think the sculpt work is there, if anything, it's paint throwing it off, and paint work is as key to likeness, I've seen really good sculpts ruined by poor paint. I don't think the NECA paint ruins the sculpt, but something with the eyes, from certain angles and lighting, does look less like Arnold than it could, it's hard to describe, but I've seen it myself.

Agreed, the current paint, while well applied, makes him look to young.

Yeah the eyes were the first things I noticed being very not Arnold.

He looked a little retarded.

MaulFan
01-21-2020, 08:47 AM

Looking at this shot I took before I repaint, I think it’s the thick line on the upper eyelid making it look odd, almost looks a little like the mayor from the Dark Knight movies.

a-dev
01-21-2020, 08:53 AM
That might be it. Like he's wearing eye shadow when any shadow above the eyes should have been created naturally by the sculpt and lighting.

MaulFan
01-21-2020, 09:00 AM
It’s not something they did on past Terminators for the most part and if they did it didn’t come off the same. That combined with the beard colors being wrong and it can look off at a glance.

a-dev
01-21-2020, 11:10 AM
Looking at the raw sculpt it's hard to see how it could be better and the figure in-hand looks great from any other angle. I think the body might be somewhat idealized though, a little bit too slim for old man Arnie.

MaulFan
01-21-2020, 11:30 AM
I don't mind the body, though it's definitely more idealized, it has Arnie's overall size and shape enough where it works, just need the head to look older, it looks like an Arnold figure right now, not Dark Fate Carl.

TWayne
01-22-2020, 03:50 AM
Did a few paint fix ups/battle damage to the Carl.

I found Carl's eyes and eyebrows to be a bit wonky, and I love my Terminators damaged. I loved the figure out of the box but it needed some extra oomph. Also greyed out the jacket a little bit (so it's not so aggressively chocolate brown) and darkened the boots and weathered the pants and weapons. I made the glasses removable and just made the glasses head the default undamaged head (had to sculpt the hair back in a bit, and repaint the face).

I've since added a bit more grey to his beard and hair and it looks a lot better, along with some added blood damage, but I'll post more updated pics with my modified Sarah when I get around to it.

MaulFan
01-22-2020, 05:28 AM
Nice work adding the damage.

a-dev
01-22-2020, 08:40 AM
Fantastic work. Nice paintjob on the T2 aswell.

And yeah the guns, although made of a plastic that thankfully doesn't get warped by the packaging, are really plain - no weathering at all.

MaulFan
01-22-2020, 09:43 AM
Put my collection on display, Carl included.

a-dev
01-22-2020, 10:36 AM
Nice. You need a Tech Noir in there I see. Keep an eye out for a rerelease, I think it's one Randy recently said they were putting back out.

MaulFan
01-22-2020, 10:57 AM
Nice. You need a Tech Noir in there I see. Keep an eye out for a rerelease, I think it's one Randy recently said they were putting back out.

Had it and sold it off for space considerations, also sold off my SDCC liquid metal T-1000 and the biker cop T-1000 and Steel Mill T-800. This display is tight as is, so i carved it down to the looks that really captured what I liked from each film.

snoop101
01-23-2020, 11:28 AM
Space is to limited even for NECA figures?

MaulFan
01-23-2020, 11:45 AM
Space is to limited even for NECA figures?

Yes, I have a lot of figures in my collection, 3 shelf units with 5 shelves each full. I also don't like cluttered displays where you can't really see half of what's on the shelf. And I still don't have everything out.

My collection is made up of

Terminator
JAWS
Godzilla
Pirates of the Caribbean
Rambo
Halloween
Incredible Hulk
Star Wars
Jurassic Park
Ninja Turtles
Power Rangers
Men In black
Predator
Rocky
X-Files
Scarface
Public Enemies
Wolverine

Everything that I really enjoy.

MaulFan
01-28-2020, 09:56 AM
Repainted Carl.

a-dev
01-28-2020, 10:53 AM
Nice. There's just a little bit of bleed of the hair paint onto his forehead though if I'm to be OCD about it :monkey3

On a different subject I want to ask - those of you who are openers - what do you do with the boxes? Be it the Ultimates-style boxes or the clamshells with the art inserts.

I'm conducting a purge of the attic and could really do with throwing out a ***t-tonne of boxes. If I ever did try to sell figures how much, if anything, would an opened (cut open in the case of clamshells) box add to the resale value of a NECA figure? I'm thinking probably not enough to justify what they'd add to the shipping costs....

MaulFan
01-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Every collectible I buy, I do so with the intent to keep it forever, any selling is done out of either some need for money or needing to thin my collection and at that point, I take what I can get, so with that, I never keep boxes unless it's something fragile where transport would be best with the extra protection, otherwise I toss them all. I used to hold onto things for the nostalgia of looking at the package, but most companies end up posting in package pics now so I can just save some images on a drive rather than take up storage on boxes.

As for the bleed, yeah it needs some touch ups, this was actually the sunglasses head with the glasses removed, I may redo my other head as well to do an even better job. It just really changes the figure for the better to look like he did in the movie.

a-dev
01-28-2020, 01:02 PM
Thanks. Hopefully I can bring myself to eliminate a number of space consumers. Damn hoarding.

MaulFan
01-28-2020, 02:28 PM
Everyone collects differently, I work with a guy who is mint in box only, never takes anything out, I couldn’t. Many times, figures are posed to keep package size down, not necessarily show off the figure we’ll, I like to have them out, pick the poses, appreciate all the work put into them, all of it.

snoop101
01-28-2020, 08:58 PM
I repainted the beard as well. It improves the overall look so much.

MaulFan
01-29-2020, 04:30 AM
Nice work, it’s really as important as any sculpt detail, it’s how he looked in the movie, without it he looks like some made up version.

Joda
01-29-2020, 05:35 AM
Nice. There's just a little bit of bleed of the hair paint onto his forehead though if I'm to be OCD about it :monkey3

On a different subject I want to ask - those of you who are openers - what do you do with the boxes? Be it the Ultimates-style boxes or the clamshells with the art inserts.

I'm conducting a purge of the attic and could really do with throwing out a ***t-tonne of boxes. If I ever did try to sell figures how much, if anything, would an opened (cut open in the case of clamshells) box add to the resale value of a NECA figure? I'm thinking probably not enough to justify what they'd add to the shipping costs....

I honestly don't see figures and toys as having much resale value - the future is too uncertain for most people to be bothered (No pun intended. :wink1:) I would generally toss the packaging - especially NECA's. Aside from some specialty figures, most of their movie lines have pretty crappy-looking packaging if you ask me. And you're right - the amount of space all that plastic and cardboard take up is just ridiculous. For not the first time, I find myself wishing I could be a movie fan without needing physical representations of all the films I love scattered around me. It's nuts.

Joda
01-29-2020, 05:36 AM
Every collectible I buy, I do so with the intent to keep it forever, any selling is done out of either some need for money or needing to thin my collection and at that point, I take what I can get, so with that, I never keep boxes unless it's something fragile where transport would be best with the extra protection, otherwise I toss them all. I used to hold onto things for the nostalgia of looking at the package, but most companies end up posting in package pics now so I can just save some images on a drive rather than take up storage on boxes.

Very well put. :goodpost:

MaulFan
01-29-2020, 05:46 AM
Wish we could get a BD Carl, but if this is the end, so be it.

dukefett
01-29-2020, 08:22 AM

I don't know about for NECA, but for other stuff, I keep all the boxes/inserts/everything. I have the room now so it's not a huge deal, but when I've re-sold stuff, even the things I never thought I would the boxes definitely help IMO. It's a different experience for a buyer to get everything in a zip lock bag over re-packed in the box like it came from the factory.

a-dev
01-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Thanks Joda and dukefett. I will keep Hot Toys boxes for sure but NECA boxes will be looked at for throwing out. If a box couldn't be opened without causing irreversible damage there seems no point keeping that type of empty box. I'll probably keep inserts and cardbacks while binning the clamshells and blisters (my programming just might not permit me to get rid of literally everything).

Ultimate-style boxes, some window boxes and boxes for deluxe items like the Alien Queen are a different story. Even when I have multiples (of the same figure) I have a problem throwing out something that appears to be in great condition - those can be opened by merely cutting the celotape. So I don't quite know what I'll do there. It depends on how much space I've created by throwing out the other stuff.

edit - I feel like Difabio will read this and post 'No. Throw it all out a-dev. It's worthless. And get rid of your figures too' :lol

Tech-Com DN38416
01-30-2020, 09:14 AM
Did a few paint fix ups/battle damage to the Carl.

I found Carl's eyes and eyebrows to be a bit wonky, and I love my Terminators damaged. I loved the figure out of the box but it needed some extra oomph. Also greyed out the jacket a little bit (so it's not so aggressively chocolate brown) and darkened the boots and weathered the pants and weapons. I made the glasses removable and just made the glasses head the default undamaged head (had to sculpt the hair back in a bit, and repaint the face).

I've since added a bit more grey to his beard and hair and it looks a lot better, along with some added blood damage, but I'll post more updated pics with my modified Sarah when I get around to it.

Dude that battle damage is awesome, that should have been one of the official interchangeable heads! :D

Tech-Com DN38416
01-30-2020, 01:31 PM

Tech-Com DN38416
01-30-2020, 01:33 PM

Tech-Com DN38416
01-30-2020, 01:35 PM

Tech-Com DN38416
01-30-2020, 01:37 PM
Could only upload these horizontal shots as when I upload my vertical shots they appear sideways on here. So annoying! Much better pics I took horizontally.

dukefett
02-12-2020, 03:46 PM
NECA has the Ultimate T-1000 up for preorder again for a 4th quarter 2020 release:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/20478

a-dev
02-12-2020, 04:07 PM
BBTS still had the original release of that in stock not long ago. I got 2 of them.

I'd rather see an Ultimate Steel Mill T-1000.

Bradysd
02-13-2020, 01:14 AM
I hope they release T2 Sarah again

a-dev
05-14-2020, 10:03 PM
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125207

1/12th though. Pretty sure a 1/12 BD Uncle Bob doesn't even exist yet. Great Twins seemed to have dropped away after that blatant Hot Toys DX10 copy they put out.

snoop101
05-14-2020, 11:51 PM
1/12? Literally any other scale would've been better. :lol

1/10, 1/6, 1/4....

MaulFan
05-15-2020, 05:20 AM
Most 1/2 dios work fine with NECA though, real problem is the price, I get why, but that's a lot to spend.

dukefett
05-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Most 1/2 dios work fine with NECA though, real problem is the price, I get why, but that's a lot to spend.

$300 seems ridiculous, if it were a custom piece I could see that, but I don't see many 1/12 collectors dropping $300 on that.

a-dev
05-15-2020, 02:22 PM
The scene has enough importance and value to me to maybe pay that. I am contemplating a preorder - shipping seems tolerable by international shipping standards - although I'd get hit by customs aswell so overall it would be pricey for sure.

1/12? Literally any other scale would've been better. :lol

1/10, 1/6, 1/4....

I know. I did see this same diorama done in 1/6th and offered on ebay, think I linked it in the DX13 thread but I didn't trust preordering something so expensive on ebay from a seller I'd never bought from before.

As for 1/12, it's definitely on the rise but this diorama is clearly T2-inspired and yet, to my knowledge, there hasn't been any T2 figures in this scale outside of the solitary Great Twins clean T-800 and that figure sucks.

I'd easily prefer this in 1/10 but maybe Maulfan is right and you could get away with using NECA figures on this.

Davea1982
05-16-2020, 04:49 AM
Just want to share my newest 1/4 Neca Endoskeleton repaint. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/a962efc467cefb4408c747039a6fb3e4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/20f73fc91fd9902f13419f6be6f3ab7e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/fa42046c12aabd17c740812282853a11.jpg

Captain Clown
05-16-2020, 10:47 PM
That's sick! Love the finish - looks like real metal.

Davea1982
05-17-2020, 01:57 AM
That's sick! Love the finish - looks like real metal.Thanks man. Amazing what a paint job can do for a decent sculpt eh [emoji41]

P.
05-17-2020, 02:02 AM
Amazing what a paint job can do for a decent sculpt ehthat's definitely a great paint job, lots of expensive skeletons really lack it, but i'd easily say Neca endoskeleton is one of the worst endoskeleton sculpts ever.

Davea1982
05-17-2020, 02:32 AM
that's definitely a great paint job, lots of expensive skeletons really lack it, but i'd easily say Neca endoskeleton is one of the worst endoskeleton sculpts ever.Thanks P.

a-dev
05-17-2020, 06:44 AM
Yeah, not a fan of that sculpt at all but you've elevated it with the new paintjob, immediately makes it look more high-end.

In other news, we don't get much news on Terminator anymore but someone asked if there'd more Kenner tributes and the reply was maybe in 2021. I'd ask questions about more movie-based figures but I don't think I'm established enough on twitter for him to notice me.

Freakazoid!
05-17-2020, 08:20 AM
Are they making Mackenzie Davis' Grace character from Dark Fate? It might be a good headsculpt source for a custom Mariette.

a-dev
05-17-2020, 09:53 AM
No, I expect not.

Davea1982
05-17-2020, 11:36 AM
Yeah, not a fan of that sculpt at all but you've elevated it with the new paintjob, immediately makes it look more high-end.

In other news, we don't get much news on Terminator anymore but someone asked if there'd more Kenner tributes and the reply was maybe in 2021. I'd ask questions about more movie-based figures but I don't think I'm established enough on twitter for him to notice me.Thanks mate [emoji120]

DioramaMaker
05-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Has anyone made any efforts to modify the McFarlane Sarah Connor so she could use a NECA head? I remembered that I had her and thought it'd be a pretty good way to make a Steel Mill Sarah without having to also open my MOC Sarah.

I know the McF has a terrible swivel joint neck, so at minimum we're either totaling the head on the McF or we're sculpting a new upper neck, which honestly is probably the easier option.

a-dev
05-19-2020, 10:51 PM
*winces* I haven't got the McFarlane to hand but I really can't see that working. Isn't the neck sculpted in a turned position?

DioramaMaker
05-19-2020, 11:00 PM
It's a horrid swivel joint that cuts straight through her neck guillotine style. It wouldn't be a smooth conversion at all, I'm thinking. But even if it'd be rougher than planned, I think the long steel mill hair would probably help hide it. But the break is at a point where you could feasibly recreate a post for the NECA head. Maybe.

While I've got the all-Terminator wise a-dev, do you have any suggestions for some unique T2 posters (non-theatrical preferably)? I'm moving soon and would like to get a few prints from my favorite films, T2 at the top of the list.

a-dev
05-19-2020, 11:39 PM
Hah, alas I'm not that knowledgeable of posters - Endosickness might be able to help there, I've seen him getting some non-typical Terminator and Robocop posters.

DioramaMaker
05-21-2020, 08:51 PM
Hah, alas I'm not that knowledgeable of posters - Endosickness might be able to help there, I've seen him getting some non-typical Terminator and Robocop posters.

Thanks for the pointer, man. I ended up finding these (https://www.etsy.com/listing/592947522/terminator-poster-wall-art-decor-print?ga_search_query=terminator&ref=shop_items_search_1&pro=1&frs=1) two (https://www.etsy.com/listing/644446402/terminator-2-minimalist-poster-geek?ref=yr_purchases) which I'll pair together.