PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35

athirsch
06-30-2019, 10:04 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190630/25b2c3c6813bddf2efd5918580926085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech-Com DN38416
06-30-2019, 08:42 PM
Looks terrific^ you got the right colour aswell, those flame effects also come in red but I didn't much like them and had to go back to ebay and find them in orange.

I use them with my custom Hot Toys Endoskeleton (which I bought from a member here many years ago)

A Pescadero Sarah would be my higher priority, that one looked really great. Not that the T1 Sarah looked bad, just the face is most definitely T2.

For me it'd be

-Saddlebags
-Cleaved-man T-1000
-Pescadero Sarah Connor
-T1 eye surgery T-800
-T1 movie poster T-800
-T2 chip reset T-800

Not all at once :lol

I'd love the Kyle Reese variants too but I'd need to buy more of the stock figure. I only have 2, one of which I already harvested his coat and arms from for the T2 Cyberdyne Sarah Connor.

Saddlebags are around £43.34 I guess they are because they are only made to order. I'm going to get a slot put into one of my saddlebags so I can slide the shotgun into it. The saddlebags come with the bags (obvs lol) Harley Davidson sticks and the actual number plate sticker which is cool.

Haha same dude I'd love all of those plus the 1st arrival kyle with the homeless dudes piss/soiled stained pants LOL!

Seeing as we are getting JC a Pescadero Sarah is a must have 1st I'd say to complete the main cast.

Getting the stock T2 sarah's and Kyle Reese is expensive, £55 plus easy! Then you have postage , work plus materials. Love that endo and it's background/truck parts. That tanker truck one looks epic also. Hot toys are out of my price range, I just stick to NECA.

I put those flames with my Aliens battle seen in my detolf , I have frost with the flame on the flame thrower burning an egg/facehugger so put the flames in and around the egg, I'll have to post on the Alien thread. Looks cool!

Tech-Com DN38416
06-30-2019, 08:49 PM
You can use dull coat to dull the paint down, just like you can use gloss coat to make it shiny. To avoid having to do that, you should be using flat acrylic paints on hard and soft vinyl. If you are using enamel paint, over time you will find that it gets very tacky. Might seem ok at first, but then it just starts to get soft. Something in the vinyl I guess.

I used the Tamashi metalic blue as the dark blue coat reese wears is a similar color, only problem is it's shiny so need to find a dull paint of the same color. Do you have a recommendation? A certain paint type or brand type. I'll just have to buy and try other paint types otherwise. I was told to stick to acrylics on the figures, still learning. The paint has dried and his fine perfect color just shiny.

Love your trio of figures by the way.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-30-2019, 08:52 PM
Be careful grabbing those KO flame effects off eBay; I hear that the quality varies wildly and some of the cheaper ones have heavy fumes coming off of them that are fairly persistent. It's such a same that Tamashii hasn't supported the effects line much in recent times.

Luckily these were from a legit chinese seller with a big ebay score 99.2% rating. Mine didn't have much of a smell luckily, will only get them from the same seller they have loads of different cool figure effects. Yeah the tamashii effects are cool, some are too anime but the flames , ground impact and those rocks you can connect are cool.

a-dev
06-30-2019, 09:50 PM
Saddlebags are around £43.34 I guess they are because they are only made to order. I'm going to get a slot put into one of my saddlebags so I can slide the shotgun into it. The saddlebags come with the bags (obvs lol) Harley Davidson sticks and the actual number plate sticker which is cool.

Haha same dude I'd love all of those plus the 1st arrival kyle with the homeless dudes piss/soiled stained pants LOL!

Seeing as we are getting JC a Pescadero Sarah is a must have 1st I'd say to complete the main cast.

Getting the stock T2 sarah's and Kyle Reese is expensive, £55 plus easy! Then you have postage , work plus materials. Love that endo and it's background/truck parts. That tanker truck one looks epic also. Hot toys are out of my price range, I just stick to NECA.

I put those flames with my Aliens battle seen in my detolf , I have frost with the flame on the flame thrower burning an egg/facehugger so put the flames in and around the egg, I'll have to post on the Alien thread. Looks cool!

I definitely won't impulse-buy Hot Toys anymore, those days are long gone. If they made more classic Terminator I wouldn't be able to resist though so part of me is relieved that they seem to have entirely moved on from it. The other part of me - the part that is angry and resentful that they've moved on from it in favour of *insert current Marvel movie* - can be found complaining about Hot Toys in SDCC wishlist threads every single year. :lol

I wonder would DikkeToys join here. Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I didn't see contact information for him. I've avoided joining the likes of twitter and instagram for so long...

Tech-Com DN38416
06-30-2019, 10:32 PM
I definitely won't impulse-buy Hot Toys anymore, those days are long gone. If they made more classic Terminator I wouldn't be able to resist though so part of me is relieved that they seem to have entirely moved on from it. The other part of me - the part that is angry and resentful that they've moved on from it in favour of *insert current Marvel movie* - can be found complaining about Hot Toys in SDCC wishlist threads every single year. :lol

I wonder would DikkeToys join here. Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I didn't see contact information for him. I've avoided joining the likes of twitter and instagram for so long...

I only joined the instagram app to literally chat to Dikke Toys Customs and Mighty Caine's customs. I don't have anyone else on there lol. It's not the instagram website but the app. Only use it on my laptop too, only app I have on my phone is whatsapp as not into social media either.

a-dev
07-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Hah - I wouldn't even have whatsapp except a smartphone was practically forced on me. My primary phone is an old Nokia that I've probably had for 15 years. I just have no interest in phones.

Guess I'll have to look into joining instagram and if I'm doing that might aswell join twitter so I can post to NECA.

snoop101
07-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Those saddle bags looms pretty sloppy in terms of sculpting for the price he's asking.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Hah - I wouldn't even have whatsapp except a smartphone was practically forced on me. My primary phone is an old Nokia that I've probably had for 15 years. I just have no interest in phones.

Guess I'll have to look into joining instagram and if I'm doing that might aswell join twitter so I can post to NECA.

It's worth it just to look at NECA's post's and custom creators etc. Even on facebook I don't post pics anymore or stuff just scroll through my feed once a week to look at post's from NECA , game and movie pages stuff like that. I'm as anti social as you can get haha.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-01-2019, 11:44 AM
I own all Terminator 1 and 2 figures , I have multiple duplicates of each one, triplicates and quadruple in some cases LOL! These are a few I have boxed and are unopened. Thinking of sticking them on Ebay around the time Dark Fate comes out to make some good money as these figures are worth ££££

Tech-Com DN38416
07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Seeing as I've started getting into figure painting and diorama making I'd thought I would repaint the Cyberdyne T800's Mini gun as it is black in the movie but the figures is gray. I have 5 of these figures, one in the detolf and four to play around with lol.

Did a little dry brush on some edges so it but over all the mini gun is black like in the movie.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-01-2019, 11:50 AM
So about those effect flames , I've been playing around with them to see how hey look with certain figures. I think they look cool with the NECA Cult Classics Endo with future war base.

I need to buy another detolf but for now the figure is sitting on one of my DVD shelves lol!

Tech-Com DN38416
07-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Those saddle bags looms pretty sloppy in terms of sculpting for the price he's asking.

Covers materials , making them , postage from the Netherlands. Comes with the Harley davidson stickers for the bike and the number plate. I don't know where else or who else could make better??

snoop101
07-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Sculpting materials aren't that expensive. But you can justify the price all you want, it still doesnt look like it was sculpted very good.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Sculpting materials aren't that expensive. But you can justify the price all you want, it still doesnt look like it was sculpted very good.

Well if you can make better I'll be happy to make a comparison and buy the better.

Edit: If I was to buy some epox putty (£25) crafting tools (probably another £25) paint etc it would end up going over the amount i'm being charged so for a one off i'll take the hit.

a-dev
07-01-2019, 07:31 PM
For what they are and the size I don't know how much better I would expect or require them to be.

Oh and I found him on facebook, no need to join instagram. Phew :lol

snoop101
07-01-2019, 08:47 PM
Well if you can make better I'll be happy to make a comparison and buy the better.

Edit: If I was to buy some epox putty (£25) crafting tools (probably another £25) paint etc it would end up going over the amount i'm being charged so for a one off i'll take the hit.

Where do you get your materials from if epoxy and paint is costing you £50+? :lol

Idk how anyone in all seriousness would pay that kind of money for these;

No detailing in them what so ever. Look at the buckles for Christ sakes. :lol

a-dev
07-01-2019, 09:09 PM
We're not talking about high-end 1:6 here. These are just little bags for the side of a 1:10 scale bike and even at that I don't think NECA themselves would do these much better. Now, maybe their size is what makes them too expensive? Perhaps. But then, everything is too expensive. We overpay for absolutely everything in this hobby. As always what matters is what something is personally worth to someone.

I would consider these worth it to bring my Fatboy that much closer to being movie accurate. The T2 Fatboy with Uncle Bob is the very definition of iconic. It's incredibly frustrating that they can never seem to be made officially and as a result you either have nothing or you're lucky enough to get a bike but you have to make-do with only partial accuracy because the colours are wrong, the license plate is wrong and the saddlebags aren't there. Well, here's one guy trying to remedy that. And as Tech-Com alluded to - no one else is offering a better option - to our knowledge.

snoop101
07-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Yeah I know what scale they are, and I also know that epoxy and acrylic paints are way cheaper than £50 as Tech-com stated, hence why I think he/she is charging way too much. I get that they're just 1:10 saddlebags, but even for that scale you genuinely think those look good? It looks like he found some stones in his backyard and painted them black.:lol The prices in this hobby are ridiculous, there's no arguing there. If you guys like them, then more more power to you. I just feel that in this particular scenario the value isn't there.

a-dev
07-01-2019, 11:18 PM
I think they look fine, better than any stand-in for the saddlebags that I've tried in the past. I wouldn't have had any higher expectations for them at this scale and they don't need to be functional or anything - just to fill an empty area on the bike. I look at my 1:10 bikes (have a Maisto and an ERTL) and the saddlebags are highly conspicuous by their absence, it's been on my craw since I got them.

snoop101
07-02-2019, 12:42 PM
I used the saddle bags from a McFarlane figure. It looks way better than what he's offering. I'll post pics later. I got the idea from someone else who has done the same.

Anyway I've been repainting most of my NECA terminator figures. I repainted the skin tones (making the T1 t-800s more pale as I felt the were way too tanned), more realistic blood, and I chromed the T-1000 and exposed endo parts.

S. Griffin
07-02-2019, 12:53 PM
I assume you used Molotow.

snoop101
07-02-2019, 12:59 PM
For sure.

S. Griffin
07-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Am I a prick if I give my honest opinion? It looks absolutely fantastic on the T-1000, but it looks like it might be too chromey for the others. Maybe a bit too clean on them, too. The skin tones, look good all around, I think, though.

Captain Clown
07-02-2019, 02:58 PM
How did you lighten the skin tone on the T-800s? I absolutely love that repainted truck chase T-800.

rjszar
07-02-2019, 02:59 PM
I used the Tamashi metalic blue as the dark blue coat reese wears is a similar color, only problem is it's shiny so need to find a dull paint of the same color. Do you have a recommendation? A certain paint type or brand type. I'll just have to buy and try other paint types otherwise. I was told to stick to acrylics on the figures, still learning. The paint has dried and his fine perfect color just shiny.

Love your trio of figures by the way.

Thanks for the compliment on the figures, although they have gone through changes since that picture.

As for the color of the coat, I'm not sure it's blue. It has always looked black to me. I know screens and monitors differ, but I went with a black coat for one of my 1/6 Reese figures. As far as paints go, you have lots of choices. I like Tamiya acrylics. They come in flats so you don't have to worry about a shine. If you are going with the color you have, just buy a bottle of dull coat. Not sure what brand you'll end up finding. It should take most of the shine away.

snoop101
07-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Am I a prick if I give my honest opinion? It looks absolutely fantastic on the T-1000, but it looks like it might be too chromey for the others. Maybe a bit too clean on them, too. The skin tones, look good all around, I think, though.

Not at all dude. Keep in mind I haven't weathered any of the chrome t-800 parts yet. I usually do a very light wash of black acrylic. Those Molotow chrome pens take forever to cure so I haven't done the wash yet.

snoop101
07-02-2019, 04:04 PM
How did you lighten the skin tone on the T-800s? I absolutely love that repainted truck chase T-800.

Thank you. Any sort of acrylic paints will do. There's all sorts of different skin tones to choose from. I just use a small brush and lightly build up layers until I'm satisfied. I used a light purple wash on the surrounding areas of the wounds and then tamiya clear red for the blood.

S. Griffin
07-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Not at all dude. Keep in mind I haven't weathered any of the chrome t-800 parts yet. I usually do a very light wash of black acrylic. Those Molotow chrome pens take forever to cure so I haven't done the wash yet.

Yeah, it takes like a week. Well, I look forward to seeing the end result.

a-dev
07-02-2019, 08:12 PM
I used the saddle bags from a McFarlane figure. It looks way better than what he's offering. I'll post pics later. I got the idea from someone else who has done the same.

Have I seen this? Do post.

Anyway I've been repainting most of my NECA terminator figures. I repainted the skin tones (making the T1 t-800s more pale as I felt the were way too tanned), more realistic blood, and I chromed the T-1000 and exposed endo parts.

Those look great, I'd be happy with those. Gonna have to get this Molotow pen. The liquid metal parts on the NECA T-1000 are so flat. Any prep-work to be done or can you just take the pen and get straight to work on the figure?

'cure'...does that mean dry? And how do you apply a 'wash'?

I've probably asked these questions before but then when I don't immediately implement what I've learnt it eventually just seeps out of my brain.

S. Griffin
07-02-2019, 08:21 PM
"Cure" actually means to harden. Some things like paint, ink, and epoxy can be dry to the touch but still soft or not durable for a while. A "wash" is just paint thinned paint. it's usually applied with a brush. Some people wipe it off immediately allowing it to remain in the low spots of a thing and darken high spots very little, while others just brush it on and let it dry, allowing it to sit in the low spots, pool in corners, and darken high spots.

a-dev
07-02-2019, 11:00 PM
Thanks Griffin.

Last time I attempted chroming back in the McFarlane days it never hardened - it smudged, came off on fingers or anything it touched and attracted dust and hairs. Wrong kind of paint? Needed prep-work that I entirely skipped? Needed sealing-in with clear coat or something? Well, it was a total failure. I'd love to do what Snoop has done but I don't want a repeat of that past disaster.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-04-2019, 08:44 AM
For sure.

Tankerchase skin looks like just like in the film, like it is dead from all the damage. Chrome on the T1000 gives it that liquid metal shine. Cool stuff.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the compliment on the figures, although they have gone through changes since that picture.

As for the color of the coat, I'm not sure it's blue. It has always looked black to me. I know screens and monitors differ, but I went with a black coat for one of my 1/6 Reese figures. As far as paints go, you have lots of choices. I like Tamiya acrylics. They come in flats so you don't have to worry about a shine. If you are going with the color you have, just buy a bottle of dull coat. Not sure what brand you'll end up finding. It should take most of the shine away.

Oh I used the metallic blue Tamiya acrylic not tamashii, got the names mixed up. I see the coat as a real dark navy blue, cotton material seems hard to replicate! I picked up a load of citadel acrylics from games workshop those paints are good.

I'll have to look for the same color in dull coat maybe practice on a sheet of paper till I find one that comes out better.

In the mean time I've mean practicing priming and painting some small space marine figures. I like the dry brushing technique it really enhances the figures so the look weathered rather than vanilla.

rjszar
07-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Oh I used the metallic blue Tamiya acrylic not tamashii, got the names mixed up. I see the coat as a real dark navy blue, cotton material seems hard to replicate! I picked up a load of citadel acrylics from games workshop those paints are good.

I'll have to look for the same color in dull coat maybe practice on a sheet of paper till I find one that comes out better.

In the mean time I've mean practicing priming and painting some small space marine figures. I like the dry brushing technique it really enhances the figures so the look weathered rather than vanilla.

Not sure if you are just mixing up the terms, but dull coat is not the same thing as flat paint. Dull coat is a clear that you put over a gloss paint to make it look flat. By the same token, gloss coat is a clear that you put over a flat paint to make it look glossy. You can just put a layer of dull coat over the coat as it is now.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Not sure if you are just mixing up the terms, but dull coat is not the same thing as flat paint. Dull coat is a clear that you put over a gloss paint to make it look flat. By the same token, gloss coat is a clear that you put over a flat paint to make it look glossy. You can just put a layer of dull coat over the coat as it is now.

Don't mind me I am just getting into figure painting etc so yeah I was mixing the terms up. I've seen testors dull coat. Can't really find any UK shops that supply it as I would rather go into a shop tomorrow to get some than order off ebay. Great idea thanks for the advice/knowledge. I'll defo give it a go!

FriendlyPiranha
07-05-2019, 09:27 PM

The chrome looks good on that T-1000. I'm surprised to see yours still in one piece.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

snoop101
07-05-2019, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. That t-1000 actually did have one of the arms snap. I super glued it in that position. :lol

a-dev
07-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Those first T-1000s were ridiculous. Every single one of mine broke, every joint - shoulders, elbows and even heads. A shame because if the QC hadn't been so terrible I'd probably still prefer them over the Ultimates.

FriendlyPiranha
07-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Mine has only a broken shoulder but I'm not touching him again. Motorcycle cop on the other hand is still OK. The paint job on both is nearly perfect, something you rarely see nowadays.

a-dev
07-07-2019, 10:45 AM
NECA is weird with paintjobs, sometimes it's crisp with everything hitting it's mark correctly. I was just noticing that with their 1979 Ripley last night, probably the cleanest paintjob I can think of from NECA. And then you get the Dutch 30th anniversary reissues with wonky eyes and the eyebrows halfway up his forehead.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Saddlebags custom made arrived today!

a-dev
07-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Fantastic. Mine have shipped, looking forward to these, finally fill that damned empty space :lol

Tech-Com DN38416
07-12-2019, 06:14 PM
Fantastic. Mine have shipped, looking forward to these, finally fill that damned empty space :lol

They came pretty quick! I stuck mine on using a little bit of tac for now, just wanted to get a quick pic of them on. I am going to make a slot for the shotgun soon , just need to screen cap the part in the film where Uncle Bob stores it on the bike.

Leon is selling his 'hasta la vista' T-1000 but $200 dollars is a bit much. I just bought a ton of citadel and tamiya paints , some space marines , astra militarum cadiens and some tamiya german MG42 gunners. Proper getting into figure painting and foam dioramas at the moment! I have a spare frozen T-1000 with lower legs broke off so will probably try make my own as it's mainly cutting parts off and chroming some glue gun blobs. I have an impaled final battle T-800 dio I've been meaning on cracking on with, got Uncle Bob impaled on a cardboard prototype at the moment lol, just need to get the last materials from Wickes. I'll call it 'Alternate Power' lol.

This forum is quiet lately no new pics or Terminator figure news although I'm sure next weekend at SDCC Neca may have some new prototypes on display. Fingers crossed for a Pescadero Sarah or a Kyle/Sarah combo! :pray:

Oh also anyone seen the videos of youtube of people ripping Tim Miller for calling core Terminator fans 'Misogynists' and that 'Mckenzie Bieber will scare the **** out of closet mysogynists' What a dousche! I am scared, I'm scared she is anorexic as **** lmao

a-dev
07-12-2019, 08:17 PM
At SDCC I don't expect to see anything Terminator that we haven't already seen - the Dark Fate figures will be there and probably John Connor again because he's the exclusive but that's it. It'd be nice to be wrong and see a T1 Sarah - which'd probably end up being the 2020 exclusive if John is anything to go by. Dark Fate coming along probably impedes us from getting more classic Terminator for the time being in much the same way that The Predator pushed back the Ultimate AvP:R figures. Not that Randy had given any specifics about more classic Terminator to come - there was a mention at last year's SDCC interview with Pixel Dan that they ''hadn't forgotten about the movies'' or something to that effect but that could have just been referring to John Connor.

I think this show will be won by Alien because of the 40th anniversary - Parker and Brett, the new Ultimate Big Chap and that corridor diorama that Randy mentioned.

Other than that it's gonna be all TMNT and horror I expect.

I've seen the Tim Miller stuff...I don't know what to say about it now. It's all getting really tiresome.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-16-2019, 01:48 PM
At SDCC I don't expect to see anything Terminator that we haven't already seen - the Dark Fate figures will be there and probably John Connor again because he's the exclusive but that's it. It'd be nice to be wrong and see a T1 Sarah - which'd probably end up being the 2020 exclusive if John is anything to go by. Dark Fate coming along probably impedes us from getting more classic Terminator for the time being in much the same way that The Predator pushed back the Ultimate AvP:R figures. Not that Randy had given any specifics about more classic Terminator to come - there was a mention at last year's SDCC interview with Pixel Dan that they ''hadn't forgotten about the movies'' or something to that effect but that could have just been referring to John Connor.

I think this show will be won by Alien because of the 40th anniversary - Parker and Brett, the new Ultimate Big Chap and that corridor diorama that Randy mentioned.

Other than that it's gonna be all TMNT and horror I expect.

I've seen the Tim Miller stuff...I don't know what to say about it now. It's all getting really tiresome.

Yeah T1 sarah would be insane I'd be so happy to finish the T-1 figure collection, It feels incomplete without her. Yeah I guess anything T1-T2 will be exclusives as it's a niche market 30 year old movies lol.

Oh **** yeah I read somewhere about that Alien Dio, I haven't got any Alien figures just Aliens but if they release the main cast pre facehugger I'd probably pick them up to display together. I do have a big chap figure actually but I have it displayed holding Burkes head.

I don't get all the turtle stuff, yeah it was cool as a kid had all the toys etc but it's never got me wanting to buy figures as an adult lol. I mainly collect Terminator as to me it's grounded sci fi action, it's exciting, man and machine. Got a few Robocops.

I'll go see the film just to see it in the cinema, defo get the arnie and linda figures as they actually look good but that's it. No posters , no DVD/Blu Ray , nothing else like T1+T2 lol. The way I see it is if they kill JC off then they kill the core fans off and I'm not going to believe an anorexic woman is strong. You think an enhanced human resistance soldier would be like a 6'2 athletic ripped guy, not a skeletal frame with skin on top , no space for strong bones and muscles to enhance!?

Anyway rant over :rotfl

a-dev
07-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Yeah T1 sarah would be insane I'd be so happy to finish the T-1 figure collection, It feels incomplete without her. Yeah I guess anything T1-T2 will be exclusives as it's a niche market 30 year old movies lol.

Oh **** yeah I read somewhere about that Alien Dio, I haven't got any Alien figures just Aliens but if they release the main cast pre facehugger I'd probably pick them up to display together. I do have a big chap figure actually but I have it displayed holding Burkes head.

I don't get all the turtle stuff, yeah it was cool as a kid had all the toys etc but it's never got me wanting to buy figures as an adult lol. I mainly collect Terminator as to me it's grounded sci fi action, it's exciting, man and machine. Got a few Robocops.

I'll go see the film just to see it in the cinema, defo get the arnie and linda figures as they actually look good but that's it. No posters , no DVD/Blu Ray , nothing else like T1+T2 lol. The way I see it is if they kill JC off then they kill the core fans off and I'm not going to believe an anorexic woman is strong. You think an enhanced human resistance soldier would be like a 6'2 athletic ripped guy, not a skeletal frame with skin on top , no space for strong bones and muscles to enhance!?

Anyway rant over :rotfl

It's the way they talk about it all that makes me roll my eyes. But its the media, they're the ones asking the questions so these directors and actors feed them the answers they want. If they cut the bull***t talk and simply did what they're doing they could cut down on much of the 'controversy' and negative reaction. What's that Tywin Lannister quote from Game of Thrones - a man who must say he is king is no true king. I can't help but apply that to the way they talk about and market movies now.

Going back to the toys, NECA's 1990 Turtles struck a chord with me even though I hadn't bought a Turtle toy since, well, the very early 90s. I watched the original movie again while I was making my decision on whether to buy the 1/4 scale figures and found it held up quite well despite my now being so much older. So I'm interested in figures from that. Again though, I think it'll just be cartoon and videogame stuff at SDCC, they already revealed that Splinter/Shredder set.

I saw a video on youtube tonight of a guy's hopes for Alien at SDCC and he listed pretty much the entire cast - totally unrealistic. Getting Parker and Brett in one go is itself a small miracle. No way they'll reveal anyone else. If we get the others it'll be over a course of years.

As for Terminator - Arnie never has to be an exclusive but it seems like T1 Sarah would be judging by John Connor. She's not toyetic enough NECA might say. Now personally, I don't know why some of the other stuff they make is toyetic enough for mass retail whilst she is not but what can ye do.

a-dev
07-17-2019, 07:21 PM
As expected, just the Terminator Dark Fate figures at the show. The only surprising thing is that it says 'series 1' on the sign, suggesting that there'll be a series 2.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/17/sdcc-2019-neca-horror-and-sci-fi-352678

MaulFan
07-17-2019, 07:29 PM
Series 2 will be BD T-800 and someone else.

a-dev
07-17-2019, 07:43 PM
Is that a guess or did you read it somewhere?

A BD T-800 makes sense but Genisys series 2 was just one figure so it too could be a standalone.

The Clown Prince of Crime
07-17-2019, 10:19 PM
Such a sad looking line from a sad looking film. Even the figures look sad to be there. :lol

snoop101
07-17-2019, 11:52 PM
Such a sad looking line from a sad looking film. Even the figures look sad to be there. :lol

Yeah, no kidding. Arnold looks cool and all but if you didn't tell me I'd have no idea these were from a Terminator film.

FriendlyPiranha
07-18-2019, 03:35 AM
Yeah, no kidding. Arnold looks cool and all but if you didn't tell me I'd have no idea these were from a Terminator film.Septuagenarian SC looks kinda ridiculous carrying that serious M16 rifle in her hands. Great set of weapons tho.

henzINNIT
07-18-2019, 12:40 PM
So for a second I'm going to pretend Dark Fate is going to be an awesome film...

... and I'm still tremendously mixed on the these new figures. They both look good however I'm skeptical Neca will deliver anything beyond these two. This is a huge problem for me. They've clearly chosen the most bankable faces. Smart I guess, but what good is a Terminator line without the villain, the protector, or the character they're fighting over? Maybe Neca have their hands tied by the license, but where are the cool robots that make this series toyetic in the first place?

I've seen people sharing custom stuff in here so I thought I'd join in. Made this a few years back:

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
07-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Anyone know what Neca is charging for the John Connor/motorcycle set at SDCC?

Tech-Com DN38416
07-20-2019, 05:25 PM
It's the way they talk about it all that makes me roll my eyes. But its the media, they're the ones asking the questions so these directors and actors feed them the answers they want. If they cut the bull***t talk and simply did what they're doing they could cut down on much of the 'controversy' and negative reaction. What's that Tywin Lannister quote from Game of Thrones - a man who must say he is king is no true king. I can't help but apply that to the way they talk about and market movies now.

Going back to the toys, NECA's 1990 Turtles struck a chord with me even though I hadn't bought a Turtle toy since, well, the very early 90s. I watched the original movie again while I was making my decision on whether to buy the 1/4 scale figures and found it held up quite well despite my now being so much older. So I'm interested in figures from that. Again though, I think it'll just be cartoon and videogame stuff at SDCC, they already revealed that Splinter/Shredder set.

I saw a video on youtube tonight of a guy's hopes for Alien at SDCC and he listed pretty much the entire cast - totally unrealistic. Getting Parker and Brett in one go is itself a small miracle. No way they'll reveal anyone else. If we get the others it'll be over a course of years.

As for Terminator - Arnie never has to be an exclusive but it seems like T1 Sarah would be judging by John Connor. She's not toyetic enough NECA might say. Now personally, I don't know why some of the other stuff they make is toyetic enough for mass retail whilst she is not but what can ye do.

That Tywin Lannister quote is a damn fine quote! Yeah I guess , the TMNT live action movies were pretty good. I see they've released a lot of the other characters in the cartoon but not from the movies. I slighty remember the hockey guy with the cool mask and then the turtles asian friend, can't remember the name. I see at SDCC they showed the cartooney looking figures I thought they were pretty cool actually.

So yeah we didn't get any other terminator figures other than the arnie and sarah figure. I noticed your post about them and wished they would of released the battle damaged bad t800 from genysis. I wasn't surprised they only released two arnie figures and the asian t1000. I think the only way to complete the T1 & T2 collection is with a custom young sarah and custom pescadero sarah. We probably won't get anymore Terminator figures from the originals and from what the trailers of dark fate showed we won't be getting any cool endos.

Talking about the dark fate footage what the **** were those tentacle things running around in the future war?? What is this a marvel movie or something? Way prefer the endos. Also rumours of Kyle Reese being a bad guy or something, such a joke. James Cameron said Ed Furlong is back but we all know only in young CG capacity.

Oh the parker figure from Aliens looks awesome, great figure.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-20-2019, 05:26 PM
So for a second I'm going to pretend Dark Fate is going to be an awesome film...

... and I'm still tremendously mixed on the these new figures. They both look good however I'm skeptical Neca will deliver anything beyond these two. This is a huge problem for me. They've clearly chosen the most bankable faces. Smart I guess, but what good is a Terminator line without the villain, the protector, or the character they're fighting over? Maybe Neca have their hands tied by the license, but where are the cool robots that make this series toyetic in the first place?

I've seen people sharing custom stuff in here so I thought I'd join in. Made this a few years back:

That's pretty cool man , good job!

Tech-Com DN38416
07-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Pretty sure it was $40. Might be wrong.

S. Griffin
07-20-2019, 05:31 PM
Septuagenarian SC looks kinda ridiculous carrying that serious M16 rifle in her hands. Great set of weapons tho.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using TapatalkSexagenarian. Hamilton is 62. And that looks like an M4, not an M16.

JacktheRipper
07-20-2019, 06:50 PM

$50 limit 2

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
07-20-2019, 09:22 PM
$50 limit 2

Thanks. I grabbed one for $80 on ebay so I don't miss out like I did with the Predator Hawkins figure. :mad:

FriendlyPiranha
07-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Sexagenarian. Hamilton is 62. And that looks like an M4, not an M16.Yeah, I looked her up but she definitely looks older, both in real life and in the movie. As for the gun, wtf cares? I'm pretty sure you know what I meant.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Anyone got their Ultimate John Connor from SDCC? Post your pics! Still waiting for mine to be shipped! Hate waiting lol!

DiFabio
07-24-2019, 09:52 AM
Got mine directly at SDCC. It was the only exclusive I was able to buy since Hasbro Pulse sucks so bad. :lol

It was $50, cash only. Haven't opened him yet. They didn't sell out and he was readily available.

a-dev
07-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Not encouraging for the rerelease we all want if he didn't sell out there. I wonder what they'll do with the remainder though.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Got mine directly at SDCC. It was the only exclusive I was able to buy since Hasbro Pulse sucks so bad. :lol

It was $50, cash only. Haven't opened him yet. They didn't sell out and he was readily available.

Oh wow really? I thought he would have sold out. Well if they did the pre orders internationally I think it would of as a ton of people who don't live in the U.S want the figure. I've had to pay over £100 for someone in san diego to get me the figure and ship it. They got 3 of them and will be shipping by the end of the week. If it stays an exclusive it would have defo been worth the money!

Tech-Com DN38416
07-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Not encouraging for the rerelease we all want if he didn't sell out there. I wonder what they'll do with the remainder though.

Yeah I agree I thought it would have been a sell out but I guess it's because it's character from a nearly 3 decades ago movie :/ Has yours been shipped yet and how are your saddlebags?

a-dev
07-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Yeah I agree I thought it would have been a sell out but I guess it's because it's character from a nearly 3 decades ago movie :/ Has yours been shipped yet and how are your saddlebags?

Oh yeah, I got the saddlebags, I still have to message Leon. I haven't put them on yet because I was contemplating trying some other method of attachment rather than glue - or what if I did decide I need the bike repainted to get the decorative lines the correct red - the saddlebags would have to come off in that scenario. I might just do what you initially did and use blutack for now.

DiFabio
07-24-2019, 10:55 AM
I left Saturday and they still had Connor, the Batman/Alien, Superman/Predator, etc. The things that were consistently selling out were the Turtles stuff. I guess it's possible John sold out Sunday, but I didn't see any indication of that.

I sort of wanted a second John, but the cash payment and no receipt thing turned me off. If it gets offered up again online, maybe I'll get another. I figure they have to have extras that didn't sell.

a-dev
07-24-2019, 11:06 AM
NECA seem to have found their Iron Man with the Turtles license. I hope it doesn't take them over to the extent that the MCU took over Hot Toys.

Bradysd
07-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know if Neca is planning on a re-release of the ultimate tech noir Terminator?

a-dev
07-24-2019, 12:22 PM
They did a rerelease of the Ultimate T2 T-800, albeit US only for some reason, so I could see them reissuing the Tech Noir and Police Station Assault.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-24-2019, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know if Neca is planning on a re-release of the ultimate tech noir Terminator?

I've got 3 Tech Noir figures , one Ultimate that's with my display , 2 unboxed , a standard tech noir sealed and a sealed box of an ultimate. The ultimate Tech noir figure is expensive so may sell mine soon around the time dark fate comes out....

Tech-Com DN38416
07-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah, I got the saddlebags, I still have to message Leon. I haven't put them on yet because I was contemplating trying some other method of attachment rather than glue - or what if I did decide I need the bike repainted to get the decorative lines the correct red - the saddlebags would have to come off in that scenario. I might just do what you initially did and use blutack for now.

Oh yeah I get what you mean about the red lines. When you tack the bags on you can't even see the tack, my bike is in my detolf with arnie on and they look like they are an official part of the bike.

Bradysd
07-24-2019, 12:42 PM
I've got 3 Tech Noir figures , one Ultimate that's with my display , 2 unboxed , a standard tech noir sealed and a sealed box of an ultimate. The ultimate Tech noir figure is expensive so may sell mine soon around the time dark fate comes out....

I actually was hoping they would do a re-release at the time the new movie comes out, seems like the perfect time. I know Neca is improving their figures with that facial printing technology or whatever it’s called. They used it with the new Laurie Strode figure. They could update their old releases using it.

dukefett
07-24-2019, 01:54 PM
Oh wow really? I thought he would have sold out. Well if they did the pre orders internationally I think it would of as a ton of people who don't live in the U.S want the figure. I've had to pay over £100 for someone in san diego to get me the figure and ship it. They got 3 of them and will be shipping by the end of the week. If it stays an exclusive it would have defo been worth the money!

There was probably like 60-70ish people in line with 25 spinning their wheels in front of the closed line guy trying to get in, but once the TMNT set was announced as sold out each day literally everyone left.

DioramaMaker
07-24-2019, 04:09 PM
I think it's very telling that I've seen no pictures posted of JC in my internet travels. Let alone no one has passed any here. For such a "hotly" anticipated release I'd expect to have stumbled across some.

Seems Randy was more right about the fact that he'd be a hard sell. But at the same time, I wonder what a $30 retail tag would have done as opposed to the $50 con one.

DiFabio
07-24-2019, 04:23 PM
I think it’s the price tag moreso than it being John Connor. $50 is pretty expensive for a boy and his bike.

If it were $30 and I could pay with my credit card, I would have gotten multiples.

a-dev
07-24-2019, 05:10 PM
It's still early for pics. People who ordered on the NECA store probably haven't gotten the figure yet and anyone who picked him up in person at the con maybe aren't even home yet.

dukefett
07-24-2019, 05:30 PM
I ordered JC online so I didn't have any need to buy him in person, so I'm still waiting. I'm sure there were plenty of other people like that. 99% of that line was there for the TMNT set since it essentially sold out immediately online. I don't think they made nearly the same amount of the Turtles set that they did last year. I think they said they did 5k sets for the turtles. I'm sure they thought this would sell less but the demand there was nuts.

Friday was the only day I got there before the doors opened. Once I got in and headed straight there the entire line was full and 15-20 people waiting to get in it already. The Mezco line Thursday was a cake walk comparatively. They didn't even have an overflow space, last year they did and it was also super hard to get in.

memyselfi
07-24-2019, 06:22 PM
If I remember correctly, NECA did a very limited online sale of remaining SDCC 2018 inventory.

FriendlyPiranha
07-25-2019, 02:19 AM
Found this on YT. Personally I don't like it and even if it was widely available I wouldn't have bought it. Not for $50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUT4nTlHVtg

a-dev
07-25-2019, 04:25 AM
The shirt is the most disappointing thing to me. The absence of the camo-pattern is glaringly obvious, a real elephant in the room as far as I'm concerned. They cheaped out on us there. Yeah, fine, legalities, so no Public Enemies logo but now without the camo on the shirt there's no angle where this looks correct. :slap Meanwhile that ab crunch joint might present a problem for custom Public Enemies decals.

And I see what P. means about the child-bearing hips but I can live with that - I'm sure that was so he fits on the bike and unless you look under his shirt and see how much his upper body narrows by comparison it's not that noticeable to me...well, at least just from pics and video.

As far as the facial likeness that some have criticized, again, I can live with this. It's no more off than the T-800 or T-1000.

So, unfortunately not without some disappointing aspects, but something is better than nothing for such an essential character after all these years.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-25-2019, 09:31 AM
The shirt is the most disappointing thing to me. The absence of the camo-pattern is glaringly obvious, a real elephant in the room as far as I'm concerned. They cheaped out on us there. Yeah, fine, legalities, so no Public Enemies logo but now without the camo on the shirt there's no angle where this looks correct. :slap Meanwhile that ab crunch joint might present a problem for custom Public Enemies decals.

And I see what P. means about the child-bearing hips but I can live with that - I'm sure that was so he fits on the bike and unless you look under his shirt and see how much his upper body narrows by comparison it's not that noticeable to me.

As far as the facial likeness that some have criticized, again, I can live with this. It's no more off than the T-800 or T-1000.

So, unfortunately not without some disappointing aspects, but something is better than nothing for such an essential character after all these years.

Totally agree man. For an ultimate figure this is lazy. If it was a standard solid figure like the originals with only elbow joints then yeah it would be fine to look the way it does but as an ultimate missing the camo , public enemy, the wrong tyres on the bike (Rear tyre too skinny for a dirt bike) , the hacking tool has barely any detail on the keys or screen it is a pisstake. I think details matter and that is probably why a lot of people changed their minds from buying it. It didn't even need the public enemy logo just something that resembled it as you couldn't see all of it anyway.

Would of been funny if it included his mullet mate and his boombox haha! :rotfl

S. Griffin
07-25-2019, 11:20 AM

And I see what P. means about the child-bearing hips but I can live with that - I'm sure that was so he fits on the bike and unless you look under his shirt and see how much his upper body narrows by comparison it's not that noticeable to me.

Public Enemy, dude.

a-dev
07-25-2019, 11:38 AM
Hah. I must have been thinking of that Johnny Depp Christian Bale film.

S. Griffin
07-25-2019, 11:40 AM
Hah. I must have been thinking of that Johnny Depp Christian Bale film.

:rotfl

Captain Clown
07-25-2019, 03:20 PM
If I remember correctly, NECA did a very limited online sale of remaining SDCC 2018 inventory.

I 'memba that. John Connor wasn't included sadly. :(

S. Griffin
07-25-2019, 04:30 PM
I 'memba that. John Connor wasn't included sadly. :(

No, dude, he said 2018. Not the pre-order this year. Last year. Remaining inventory after Comic Con. The implication being that maybe they'll do it again.

a-dev
07-26-2019, 04:45 PM
A-dev stated it correctly, so much for decal on t-shirt, my other complaint after watching review is the endo arm, same sculpt from all the Endo's , no details on palm side of hand.

*sigh* I hadn't even thought of that. Yeah another weakpoint.

snoop101
07-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Well that would require actual effort on their part. I'm happy to finally get a John Connor to complete the collection, but some aspects of this figure have definitely been half assed.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-27-2019, 08:31 PM
My JC figure only got shipped this saturday. For the amount I paid and the listing saying *IN HAND* I was sure they would have posted monday as they live in san diego but took the whole week so a bit annoyed but as long as it comes **** it.

07-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Found this on YT. Personally I don't like it and even if it was widely available I wouldn't have bought it. Not for $50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUT4nTlHVtg

Looks good. The lack of camo paint doesn't bother me at all, but it is kind of pathetic that the 1997 kenner figure had the camo paint.

a-dev
07-27-2019, 09:18 PM
Looks good. The lack of camo paint doesn't bother me at all, but it is kind of pathetic that the 1997 kenner figure had the camo paint.

07-27-2019, 09:42 PM
In a way, the figure is the perfect representation of the 1991 Kenner figure. It's perfectly inaccurate to be accurate. :yess:

snoop101
07-27-2019, 10:19 PM
I get mine Monday! :rock

Tech-Com DN38416
07-28-2019, 09:00 AM
I get mine Monday! :rock

Post some pics when it arrives!

I've got loads of Ideas for some photos for this figure! I'll post them also when my figure finally arrives :rock2

henzINNIT
07-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Hope to get hold of this some day but I'm certainly not paying the ridiculous prices required to get one in the UK. It might be the worst figure in the line tbh. I was happy enough with the passing likeness when John was first revealed because I was just happy he finally got made, but he's not great, and cheaping out on the outfit details harms the resemblance even further. The T23D head looks better to me, which is kind of disappointing as I'd have no use for it. Accessories are good though (despite some laziness in execution there too).

Captain Clown
07-28-2019, 03:00 PM
No, dude, he said 2018. Not the pre-order this year. Last year. Remaining inventory after Comic Con. The implication being that maybe they'll do it again.

Oh geez I’m stupid. :slap

I really hope they do one of those again this year. I got a little impatient and ordered John on eBay, but I wouldn’t mind a second one too. Really excited to have a figure of a new character in the Terminator line after all this time. The small space between my T2 T-800 and Sarah has been vacant long enough. :lol

Weird question but is the tube for the endo arm glued on or can it pop off the stand?

a-dev
07-28-2019, 08:44 PM
Yeah who am I kidding. Even with the disappointing aspects I'm still excited as **** to finally get this guy after 10 years of the NECA line and, heck, 18 years if I go as far back as the McFarlane figures.

memyselfi
07-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Kawasaki KZ1000 Police 1/12 scale kit if anyone is interested

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoshima-54598-Bike-54-Kawasaki-KZ1000-Police-1-12-scale-kit/223076731732?epid=26010665591&hash=item33f068cb54:g:z9MAAOSwfSJbWeXD

FriendlyPiranha
07-28-2019, 09:53 PM
I thought you need a 1/10 scale bike to fit in properly.

a-dev
07-29-2019, 09:37 AM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoshima-54598-Bike-54-Kawasaki-KZ1000-Police-1-12-scale-kit/223076731732?epid=26010665591&hash=item33f068cb54:g:z9MAAOSwfSJbWeXD

Thanks man. Although I fear it would be too small, as FriendlyPiranha said, it'd need to be 1/10 to match the NECA figures.

Also, unless it has alternate fronts, that particular model looks different than the movie bike.....

snoop101
07-29-2019, 12:21 PM
John Connah has arrived! :panic:

snoop101
07-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Despite the known shortcomings, the paint apps are surprisingly well done. Everything looks clean and is well sculpted. I haven't had time to put him on his bike or anything so the setup right now is temporary. Here's some crappy iPhone pics.

a-dev
07-29-2019, 04:11 PM
Awesome thanks for the pics Snoop. He looks good with the full group. Can't wait.

FriendlyPiranha
07-29-2019, 09:41 PM
In a figure form, kids look more like accesorries for the main characters. It looks better in a group photo tho, maybe because the eye doesn't focus on it for too long and it searches instictively for something more interesting. It's something that needed to be done nevertheless.

guyver1
07-29-2019, 09:59 PM
They could’ve detailed the sculpt a bit more..I don’t see too much Furlong in that expression sorry :(

It looks toyish for Neca

snoop101
07-29-2019, 10:27 PM
It's not necessarily a "great" figure by any means. It feels more like an essential "accessory" as friendly piranha said. But, this is also the only John Connor were ever going to get from NECA, so it is what it is. If someone were to display this figure on its own I could see how they'd be extremely disappointed, but it's meant to be paired with the other Terminator figures and he looks awesome when he is. I actually prefer the sculpt and expression of the alternate bandanna head.

a-dev
07-29-2019, 10:29 PM
Personally I never take close-ups of NECA sculpts at this scale. The paint and/or seams and/or rough texture will ruin it every time. I bet even their best work for this line - the T2 Sarah Connor, probably won't look so good in a close-up photograph. With NECA I'm more about the wider look at an extensive collection which is why Snoop's first pic does it for me, seeing that grouping.

Seeing what looks like double jointed elbows for John it makes me wonder if they'll ever do that for the T-800. That 2 pack we've long fantasized about with a reissued John would be a nice opportunity to give the T-800 the ab crunch of the 1:4 scale figure and also double jointed elbows at least. With improved elbow range maybe we could do that movie poster shotgun pose more convincingly...although that might also necessitate a new hand sculpt aswell which is probably asking too much. A variety of hands is just not something that seems to occur to NECA with the Terminator line.

snoop101
07-29-2019, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah the close ups will make any NECA figure look like garbage. I just wanted to emphasize what I think are pretty "clean" paint apps for such a small figure. I've had some NECA figures that are a dumpster fire when it comes to paint. :lol

DioramaMaker
07-30-2019, 03:39 AM
For what it's worth, it looks like he's right in line with the quality of sculpt, paint, appearance, etc that the original line released with. NECA's current stuff is leaps beyond that, but I suppose consistency is good. But I do feel like I'm looking at a time traveling 11 year old figure.

Tech-Com DN38416
07-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Despite the known shortcomings, the paint apps are surprisingly well done. Everything looks clean and is well sculpted. I haven't had time to put him on his bike or anything so the setup right now is temporary. Here's some crappy iPhone pics.

Good stuff man! Nice one for uploading the pics! Mine is currently in Kentucky at the global shipping programme centre lol. Hopefully be with me by the end of the week!

Tech-Com DN38416
07-30-2019, 10:14 AM

That's preety cool thanks for sharing , I'm going to have a look. Closest thing to the actual bike really but as 1/12 scale bike will likely be too big for the figure!

snoop101
07-30-2019, 05:20 PM

DioramaMaker
07-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Would you all have traded the bike accessory for a $20 price drop and an increase in paint apps?

snoop101
07-30-2019, 05:40 PM
The paint apps are in line with most of their other Terminator figures.

a-dev
07-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Would you all have traded the bike accessory for a $20 price drop and an increase in paint apps?

As Snoop said, the paint seems to be no worse than the rest of the line so no I wouldn't sacrifice the bike - the bike will open up great display possibilities especially if people also have a Maisto or ERTL Fatboy for the T-800. On the other hand if people don't have a Fatboy I can understand why John having his bike seems pretty unnecessary.

snoop101
07-30-2019, 08:44 PM

DioramaMaker
07-30-2019, 09:13 PM
The paint apps are in line with most of their other Terminator figures.

As Snoop said, the paint seems to be no worse than the rest of the line so no I wouldn't sacrifice the bike - the bike will open up great display possibilities especially if people also have a Maisto or ERTL Fatboy for the T-800. On the other hand if people don't have a Fatboy I can understand why John having his bike seems pretty unnecessary.

Let me rephrase the question, because as a Terminator fan I'm thrilled to get the bike myself. As I said earlier, the figure feels like a time traveler from 11 years ago, which says both something for consistency but also shows the backburner this line has been placed on. I think the fact he matches is the most important aspect. But I know I'd buy the whole line again if they launched with the skin-tone plastic and Blade Runner 2049 series 2 paint app quality.

Would you (or do you believe others would, thus increasing sales) have sacrificed the bike in favor of the price drop and increased number of paint operations such as a pseudo-public enemies shirt and the camo?

It's hard to say, but the biggest issue is that even if someone wanted to get into this line, they don't have a T-800 to go with John. At least a reasonably accessible one. This figure is solely for legacy collectors. A T-800 can stand alone. A John Connor can't, let alone a $50 one.

FriendlyPiranha
07-30-2019, 09:44 PM
That's preety cool thanks for sharing , I'm going to have a look. Closest thing to the actual bike really but as 1/12 scale bike will likely be too big for the figure!You mean too small.

S. Griffin
07-30-2019, 09:46 PM
Let me rephrase the question, because as a Terminator fan I'm thrilled to get the bike myself. As I said earlier, the figure feels like a time traveler from 11 years ago, which says both something for consistency but also shows the backburner this line has been placed on. I think the fact he matches is the most important aspect. But I know I'd buy the whole line again if they launched with the skin-tone plastic and Blade Runner 2049 series 2 paint app quality.

Would you (or do you believe others would, thus increasing sales) have sacrificed the bike in favor of the price drop and increased number of paint operations such as a pseudo-public enemies shirt and the camo?

It's hard to say, but the biggest issue is that even if someone wanted to get into this line, they don't have a T-800 to go with John. At least a reasonably accessible one. This figure is solely for legacy collectors. A T-800 can stand alone. A John Connor can't, let alone a $50 one.

I still say a "Pubic Enema" shirt should have been possible, especially because the outer shirt hides several letters.

DioramaMaker
07-30-2019, 11:18 PM
I still say a "Pubic Enema" shirt should have been possible, especially because the outer shirt hides several letters.

I mean apparent's GnR was too on the nose as well, so who knows. I think an abstract design of angled lines above and below a white bar would have sufficed as well.

Or maybe best...what if they'd have reworked "NECA Collectibles", "NECA Enemies", or "NECA Corp" into the Public Enemies design?

Are there any "from scratch" repaints of the figures? I've toyed heavily with doing some heavy reworks of the sculpts, but would like to know if anyone has had significant luck doing so, as these are rather hard to come by now.

07-31-2019, 09:55 AM
I just got the John Connor figure and I'm very happy with it. The head sculpts and paint look great IN HAND. I think the bandanna sculpt actually looks slightly older and the face a bit thinner, but I could be wrong. The Endo arm is trash tho. The computer and bike look great. The lack of camo is noticeable, especially when the box art clearly shows the camo pattern. The figure looks a bit too tall too, but I could be wrong. Overall I really like it. The outfit, jeans and the sneakers look very 90's and very accurate. :)

a-dev
07-31-2019, 10:13 AM

So trade the bike for the correct camo design on the shirt and a compromise for a logo on the T-shirt....hmm. Before I knew the bike was even a possibility, sure, but once I knew they were making the bike I got excited about that aspect so I now say no. We can customize the shirt and the logo - well, those of us without the talent will have to pay someone to do it for us and be without our figures for a while so that's a pain in the ass.

I wonder though, if they reissue John in a 2-pack or whatever minus the bike - would it at least have the camo on the shirt in that scenario...

:lol :lol :lol

At first I thought that read Public Enema - that'd be pretty humiliating.

snoop101
07-31-2019, 12:11 PM
I'm going to add the camo to the jacket. Not sure how I'm going to do the public enemy logo on the shirt yet.

rjszar
07-31-2019, 12:59 PM
I mentioned this a while ago, why don't we get hunterdnrc to make decals for the shirt and bike? I'm sure there's a decent amount of interest.

snoop101
07-31-2019, 01:02 PM
I think a-dev mentioned it before but John has torso articulation so a decal for the shirt wouldn't necessarily work.

JacktheRipper
07-31-2019, 01:14 PM
I think even with the ab-crunch it can still work. Many of use will probably only pose him standing up straight which will not affect a decal. If we do use the ab joint it will be when he's on the bike and distortion will happen to a real life shirt. Or, this may mean having two figures.

PoeReyMi
07-31-2019, 01:25 PM
I am so bummed. Just got the Ultimate John Connor yesterday and there are so many defects with it. The right handlebar of the bike is missing, the throttle is snapped off and one of the peddles is cracked and about to fall off. The clear support stand is missing the rod, making it useless. The figure itself has a metallic copper paint splotch on the front of the jeans. Where's the hell is the quality control? I've had more than my fair share of defective NECA figures, but this one takes the cake.

John Connor has been at the top of my most wanted figures list for years, so I'll be even more upset if they can't provide a replacement. Still, there's no way I'm keeping it in this condition. I replied to the confirmation e-mail since I couldn't find a customer service address for the NECA store. I also reached out on Twitter, where they told me I was using the wrong e-mail address. I was asked to contact "[email protected]" instead, which I couldn't find listed anywhere on their web store. Their packing slip gives zero instruction about incorrect or defective shipments, let alone any contact info

UPDATE: No replacement was offered and that really does sucks. They're giving me a shipping label to return it for a refund, but it's still a disappointment. I'm canceling my other NECA pre-orders.

S. Griffin
07-31-2019, 04:33 PM
I think even with the ab-crunch it can still work. Many of use will probably only pose him standing up straight which will not affect a decal. If we do use the ab joint it will be when he's on the bike and distortion will happen to a real life shirt. Or, this may mean having two figures.

It's a risk anyway, since the shirt has a pretty flat finish, but you will DEFINITELY get silvering on the decal where it lays on top of the gaps of the joint. The solution would be to cut the decal to fit each torso section before applying it. Even better, the Public Enemy logo could be made in two pieces made to fit both sections of the torso.

S. Griffin
07-31-2019, 04:34 PM
I am so bummed. Just got the Ultimate John Connor yesterday and there are so many defects with it. The right handlebar of the bike is missing, the throttle is snapped off and one of the peddles is cracked and about to fall off. The clear support stand is missing the rod, making it useless. The figure itself has a metallic copper paint splotch on the front of the jeans. Where's the hell is the quality control? I've had more than my fair share of defective NECA figures, but this one takes the cake.

John Connor has been at the top of my most wanted figures list for years, so I'll be even more upset if they can't provide a replacement. Still, there's no way I'm keeping it in this condition. I replied to the confirmation e-mail since I couldn't find a customer service address for the NECA store. I also reached out on Twitter, where they told me I was using the wrong e-mail address. I was asked to contact "[email protected]" instead, which I couldn't find listed anywhere on their web store. Their packing slip gives zero instruction about incorrect or defective shipments, let alone any contact info.

UPDATE: No replacement was offered and that really does sucks. They're giving me a shipping label to return it for a refund, but it's still a dispointment. I'm canceling my other NECA pre-orders.

NECA's award winning quality control and customer service strikes again!

JacktheRipper
07-31-2019, 06:17 PM
It's a risk anyway, since the shirt has a pretty flat finish, but you will DEFINITELY get silvering on the decal where it lays on top of the gaps of the joint. The solution would be to cut the decal to fit each torso section before applying it. Even better, the Public Enemy logo could be made in two pieces made to fit both sections of the torso.

I didn't mention it in my reply, but that is exactly what I was thinking. :1-1: The decal in two pieces I mean.

a-dev
08-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Does also the fact that the decals would be going onto sculpted clothing complicate matters? What with sculpted folds and so on?

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/31/sdcc-2019-exclusive-terminator-2-john-connor-figue-by-neca-toyark-photo-shoot-358789

Toyark photo shoot and review (which, thank god, at least mentioned the lack of camo on the shirt). The comments show a general disappointment in the figure - from the headsculpt (personally I think it's fine, I just would have liked a smiling head aswell for the lighthearted scenes) to the plain green shirt to the fact that it was announced as an exclusive at the last minute.

S. Griffin
08-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Does also the fact that the decals would be going onto sculpted clothing complicate matters? What with sculpted folds and so on?

It would. Fortunately there are two products available at hobby shops, and Hobby Lobby, online hobby retailers like Tower Hobbies, and even Amazon called Micro-Sol and Micro-Set. These are decal setting solutions designed to soften decals so they will conform to irregular surfaces and aid adhesion.

a-dev
08-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Do you reckon one would need a whole bunch of spare decals to allow for botched applications?

snoop101
08-01-2019, 01:56 PM
I'm going to be painting the camo on the jacket as well as the public enemy logo on the shirt. The shirt is going to be a lot more tricky than the jacket that's for sure. :lol

a-dev
08-01-2019, 02:07 PM
I'll wait to see how the rest of you guinea pigs get on with it. :lol

JacktheRipper
08-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Paint on the jacket should be fine. The decal will have some play time before it dries. Lining up the two pieces might be tricky.

memyselfi
08-01-2019, 08:42 PM

Is it just me or is the rib cage area on the Preview figure 1 piece ?

a-dev
08-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Yeah looks to be. And I'm convinced the bag looks sculpted onto the figure there...which would have sucked. So that's at least one way it improved, if I'm right. But the camo shirt NECA.....

memyselfi
08-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Here is what we got LOL. IMHO makes a second release more probable, I hope .

snoop101
08-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Well painting the camo shouldn't be too bad and the good thing about the shirt is that the full public enemy logo is rarely ever seen. So I'm just going to paint the UBL/NEM. :lol I'm also going to be doing the XR logo on his bike.

P.
08-02-2019, 01:15 AM
i don't know why they didn't bother with repeating the camouflage paint in the first place.
first i thought they decided "it's too difficult" but then i remembered Aliens marines line.

PoeReyMi
08-02-2019, 09:55 AM
NECA's award winning quality control and customer service strikes again!

You said it. I feel sorry for anyone who might have bought a defective one at their booth at comic con and paid with cash. I just assume NECA would leave them high and dry in that scenario.

henzINNIT
08-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Getting a John figure released has been a long and draining process. I'm almost a little glad he turned out so lackluster as it saves me dropping a ton of money on ebay. I am hopeful he sees a wider release, though if it must be a 2-pack (as it was with Newt) I'm rooting for Sarah in white as opposed to another Arnie.

S. Griffin
08-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Yeah looks to be. And I'm convinced the bag looks sculpted onto the figure there...which would have sucked. So that's at least one way it improved, if I'm right. But the camo shirt NECA.....

It looked separate in person, or at least the straps did. They did add a torso joint since the prototype, so I guess that's an improvement, but it's really the only one. I am pretty glad I wasn't clamoring for John, or I'd be really pissed.

DioramaMaker
08-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Looks like the proto had...erm, iliac ball joint? Waist ball joint? Seems that was swapped for the ab crunch.

Tech-Com DN38416
08-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Getting a John figure released has been a long and draining process. I'm almost a little glad he turned out so lackluster as it saves me dropping a ton of money on ebay. I am hopeful he sees a wider release, though if it must be a 2-pack (as it was with Newt) I'm rooting for Sarah in white as opposed to another Arnie.

That's what I hope we get 'Pescadero Sarah & John Figure' Double Pack. That would be awesome, they only have to paint the vest white , give her some plain white bottoms and bare feet, done! Oh and the guards night stick.

I paid a total including ebays global shipping customs programme $140 for my JC and it's still not here. Probably arrive next week. I just hope there is no damage to the figure or accessories as someone posted a page or two back that their figure had a load of broken parts and paint smudges on it which sucks.:(

a-dev
08-03-2019, 09:54 AM
****ing global shipping program. Absolute rip-off and seemingly the majority of US sellers use it.

As for Pescadero Sarah - obviously I'd love that but it'd entail a new figure from the waist down, I can't see NECA doing it. Also there was talk on twitter recently of rereleasing the existing Sarah figure if the demand is there. I think they'll more likely do that and just pack John with a T-800.

DiFabio
08-03-2019, 10:01 AM
You said it. I feel sorry for anyone who might have bought a defective one at their booth at comic con and paid with cash. I just assume NECA would leave them high and dry in that scenario.

I asked for a receipt when I paid for the booth and they were like "we don't have one". :lol

I'm reluctant to even take mine out of the box for this reason.

Tech-Com DN38416
08-03-2019, 10:20 AM
****ing global shipping program. Absolute rip-off and seemingly the majority of US sellers use it.

As for Pescadero Sarah - obviously I'd love that but it'd entail a new figure from the waist down, I can't see NECA doing it. Also there was talk on twitter recently of rereleasing the existing Sarah figure if the demand is there. I think they'll more likely do that and just pack John with a T-800.

I know mate I feel it was a rip-off , the seller said the figure would be in hand and posted mon/tues after the last day of comic con but wasn't posted till last saturday. I've exchanged loads of messages with the seller so thought I would get it rather quick for the price I paid upfront 6 weeks before SDCC but it's not been the case. I would never have done this for any other figure but there is no guarantee that JC will get a re-release. Plus over time the figure price will just continue to rise so I just took the hit while I had the money.
I will be mad as hell if I get a damaged box or damaged figure/accessories.

That is super cheap if they re-release the Sarah Connor figure as is. It wouldn't be hard to do a waist down sculpt of white bottoms with bare feet but probably too much effort for NECA lol.

You got your JC figure yet?

S. Griffin
08-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Looks like the proto had...erm, iliac ball joint? Waist ball joint? Seems that was swapped for the ab crunch.

The figure still has that waist joint.

PoeReyMi
08-04-2019, 12:54 AM
I asked for a receipt when I paid for the booth and they were like "we don't have one". :lol

I'm reluctant to even take mine out of the box for this reason.Given the poor quality control and their continuing failure to improve it (in my experience), I think NECA counts on most collectors leaving these things in the box. :lol

I still don't understand why they didn't have several dozen replacements on hand for people who received damaged goods, especially given the defect rate of their products. NECA obviously had extras to give away to various toy sites/vloggers, but none left for their paying customers. The free coverage they're getting from that is coming out post-convention, so it's not like they're scoring extra sales from it.

Here is what we got LOL. IMHO makes a second release more probable, I hope .My thinking as well. I don't understand why NECA would have sunk all that tooling cost for the dirt bike to only release it as a con exclusive. From my understanding, there were no legal issues keeping this from hitting retail (unlike the Turtles and DC sets). They could have nixed the bike and charged $40 for the John figure alone. I'm sure it would have still sold out.

In my brief time handling the figure (before sending my defective exclusive back), I couldn't really get the arms into a neutral pose where they just hung down at his sides. They were clearly designed with the bike riding pose in mind, not to mention he was only given a set of gripping hands. If John does get an eventual retail release, I think the Kenner tribute packaging with dirt bike is the logical choice -- especially since this Ultimate "movie" figure is not screen accurate and has the solid green/black shirt deco of the old Kenner toy anyway.

Honestly, most of those Ultimate accessories would have ended up in my box of spare parts. I'd be satisfied spending $20 less for a stripped down retail version of John with just the bike and backpack. That would certainly take the sting out of having to return my exclusive for a refund. I'm not a fan of the two-pack idea, even with a variant of Sarah. I don't need a third Uncle Bob on my shelf, either. For comparison sake, the Ripley/Newt set doesn't appear to have been a big success. Nearly three years later, it's still easy to find online for well below retail.

Captain Clown
08-04-2019, 01:09 AM
I have a gut feeling the only rerelease of John and the bike will be in Kenner colors.

Mine should be here Monday - Here’s hoping it won’t be any major QC issues. :pray:

a-dev
08-04-2019, 09:10 AM
I know mate I feel it was a rip-off , the seller said the figure would be in hand and posted mon/tues after the last day of comic con but wasn't posted till last saturday. I've exchanged loads of messages with the seller so thought I would get it rather quick for the price I paid upfront 6 weeks before SDCC but it's not been the case. I would never have done this for any other figure but there is no guarantee that JC will get a re-release. Plus over time the figure price will just continue to rise so I just took the hit while I had the money.
I will be mad as hell if I get a damaged box or damaged figure/accessories.

That is super cheap if they re-release the Sarah Connor figure as is. It wouldn't be hard to do a waist down sculpt of white bottoms with bare feet but probably too much effort for NECA lol.

You got your JC figure yet?

I've got it on the way from rjszar. However, I knew it'd kill me to only have one to start with so I also caved and ordered on ebay.

I have a gut feeling the only rerelease of John and the bike will be in Kenner colors.

Well, that wouldn't be so bad. The figure would stay as it is.

memyselfi
08-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Out of curiosity I looked up 1:10 scale dirt bikes, alot of results. I wonder if NECA actually did tooling on that, or out sourced / subcontracted. When it comes down to it " what difference does it make ", well IMHO if NECA did outsource, it might increase the odd's of a bike less re-release.

DioramaMaker
08-05-2019, 05:52 AM
"It's over" plays in the back as I type this.

What a bittersweet figure in many ways. I had wanted this to be a swan song to a line that has been near and dear to me since it's inception, a line that represents my favorite movie of all time. And it's just done. There's no remarkable closure, satisfaction, or anything of the sort. It feels like I'm closing a strange book in my life by putting this figure on the shelf, yet the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I'm overwhelmingly stressed in life right now. I broke down the other day spontaneously, and that really never happens, but when it does I fall back to the things I always enjoy like T2...so that probably has a hand in it. But again, I opened a figure worthy of 5 years ago which cost $50 frickin' bucks and expected it to magically blow my socks off.

Either way, the figure does the job. It gives me a complete T2 shelf and that's nice. But damn if it doesn't show how many corners were cut. All that's been said is true. I actually like the card reader accessory the most. That's really cool. Endoarm is as expected, a looped off T-800 arm in a tube with no updates. Paints are clean yet unremarkable, but consistency to an 11(?) year old line wins out so I can't knock it.

The bike is...excessively intricate? I'm impressed for what it is, sure, but it does perplex me in regards to NECA's numbers and logic. I dunno, a lot of tooling had to go into that thing for a set that I don't think sold very well. Seems like a strange move, if you ask me. And if they're hoping to get another buck for it by recoloring it in Kenner colors then boy are they delusional.

NECA has done SUCH a good job on things like Blade Runner and the Del Toro figs, it'd be awesome to see that brought into this line once more.

Regardless, here's the shelf that's had my T2 figs on it for dang near 10 years now, updated one final time. I think when life settles down a bit I'm going to give the headsculpts full repaints. There's much room to improve on good sculpts.

Anyways, word vomit. tl;dr the fig's 100% serviceable but breaks no boundaries and closes the NECA T2 line unceremoniously.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190805/39f3b9d6dfe57fcce31d8b63699cedb8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190805/33e0fb863696c7c52116aef66e55c8ad.jpg

Tech-Com DN38416
08-05-2019, 10:06 AM
'I order you not to go, I order you not to go!'

Arrived today

Tech-Com DN38416
08-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Come on, baby. Come on! Yes! Piece of cake!

Tech-Com DN38416
08-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Every time I post a Portrait pic it appears sideways on this forum or some reason, maybe the picture file is too big or something.

The other pics were taken Landscape and upload fine. Very annoying.

Tech-Com DN38416
08-05-2019, 10:59 AM

snoop101
08-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Awesome pics. Does anyone know if the endo arm case can be removed? I painted the camo on his jacket today. I'm happy with the results. I'm starting the stencil for a portion of the public enemy logo tomorrow.

Tech-Com DN38416
08-06-2019, 02:22 PM
"It's over" plays in the back as I type this.

What a bittersweet figure in many ways. I had wanted this to be a swan song to a line that has been near and dear to me since it's inception, a line that represents my favorite movie of all time. And it's just done. There's no remarkable closure, satisfaction, or anything of the sort. It feels like I'm closing a strange book in my life by putting this figure on the shelf, yet the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I'm overwhelmingly stressed in life right now. I broke down the other day spontaneously, and that really never happens, but when it does I fall back to the things I always enjoy like T2...so that probably has a hand in it. But again, I opened a figure worthy of 5 years ago which cost $50 frickin' bucks and expected it to magically blow my socks off.

Either way, the figure does the job. It gives me a complete T2 shelf and that's nice. But damn if it doesn't show how many corners were cut. All that's been said is true. I actually like the card reader accessory the most. That's really cool. Endoarm is as expected, a looped off T-800 arm in a tube with no updates. Paints are clean yet unremarkable, but consistency to an 11(?) year old line wins out so I can't knock it.

The bike is...excessively intricate? I'm impressed for what it is, sure, but it does perplex me in regards to NECA's numbers and logic. I dunno, a lot of tooling had to go into that thing for a set that I don't think sold very well. Seems like a strange move, if you ask me. And if they're hoping to get another buck for it by recoloring it in Kenner colors then boy are they delusional.

NECA has done SUCH a good job on things like Blade Runner and the Del Toro figs, it'd be awesome to see that brought into this line once more.

Regardless, here's the shelf that's had my T2 figs on it for dang near 10 years now, updated one final time. I think when life settles down a bit I'm going to give the headsculpts full repaints. There's much room to improve on good sculpts.

Anyways, word vomit. tl;dr the fig's 100% serviceable but breaks no boundaries and closes the NECA T2 line unceremoniously.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190805/39f3b9d6dfe57fcce31d8b63699cedb8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190805/33e0fb863696c7c52116aef66e55c8ad.jpg

That's pure passion dude. I love T1 & T2 the same pretty much. Haha 'its over' that track is awesome, best soundtrack ever. I just picture Arnie wiping away John's tear when I hear that track :)

Tech-Com DN38416
08-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Awesome pics. Does anyone know if the endo arm case can be removed? I painted the camo on his jacket today. I'm happy with the results. I'm starting the stencil for a portion of the public enemy logo tomorrow.

Dude that look's awesome great job! What paint did you use and does it have a color code like some modelling paints do?

snoop101
08-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Hey there just standard acrylic paints. Just be sure to get the matte finish. Hand painted the public enemy logo too. :rock

a-dev
08-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Terrific job Snoop. Hmm, I'm no painter but I wonder if I could do that myself...

guyver1
08-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Hey there just standard acrylic paints. Just be sure to get the matte finish. Hand painted the public enemy logo too. :rock

Fantastic job. From one customizer to another..great job :hi5:

snoop101
08-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. It really does elevate the figure so much. I'm way happier with it now.

DiFabio
08-06-2019, 05:11 PM
You killed it man. That is how it should have looked.

jye4ever
08-06-2019, 06:16 PM
That looks great congrats.

FriendlyPiranha
08-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Excellent work indeed. Woul've killed them to do the same?

P.
08-07-2019, 02:01 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=463782&d=1565127435

:clap

now it looks great instead of kenner-meh, and i would never say it's not stock paint.
well... actually i could. there are no paint stains in wrong places where they would be on an actual Neca figure :slap

snoop101
08-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. If you have any questions or need yours painted just message me.

a-dev
08-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Really raises the impression of the figure. We had fair warning about the lack of Public Enemy logo but that lack of Camo on the shirt felt a bit insulting.

FriendlyPiranha
08-09-2019, 02:49 AM
I though this was hilarious (from Mr. Evilcheese review).

a-dev
08-19-2019, 02:55 PM
On twitter today

Do you know if we will see John Connor released again? A GameStop exclusive release perhaps? Preorders went up while I was at work.

Randy - 'No plans to bring him back'

OK...if this is one of Randy's little white lies, I would say to him - what is there for NECA to gain by telling people this lie if in fact you do intend to release John again? I don't get it. Seems to me the only people who benefit from this playful deception will be aftermarket sellers on ebay. So, if you're bull***tting us Randy, stop right now, this isn't the time for that crap.

The second scenario is that he isn't lying, and John follows the Hawkins or red-shirt Dutch example of one-and-done SDCC exclusives that don't get reissued in any form. This will add salt to the wound that many Terminator fans sustained when Randy announced so late that John was to be an exclusive. Many if not most people assumed he was to be a regular release when he was first shown off at SDCC 2018 and Randy did nothing to correct our mistaken notion - allowing us all to get our hopes up. After a long wait he revealed him as an exclusive like as if it was great news, as if it wasn't going to piss people right off. So no reissue in any form is a gut punch to Terminator fans.

Johnny Utah
08-19-2019, 03:06 PM
I had a look on Ebay last night just to see how much he's going for. I literally said '**** that' out loud.

dukefett
08-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Most sold listing aren't terribly higher than the MSRP. I wonder if it might be a licensing issue with Furlong that also prevents a wide release?

a-dev
08-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Naw, I don't think Randy would have a problem saying that if it was the case.

What bugs me is that he might be doing a lie/tease here. He may well intend to give John a wider release ala Newt - but also he might not. The doubt he creates will spur people to buy on ebay. And if they later do release John to the wider market then that pisses off the people who overpaid on ebay as a direct result of the uncertainty Randy cultivated initially.

jye4ever
08-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Secondary market high cost sales must really bother the manufacturers they?re probably thinking damn we?ve should?ve just charged what this punk is selling it for on Ebay lol

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
08-21-2019, 10:13 PM
On twitter today

OK...if this is one of Randy's little white lies, I would say to him - what is there for NECA to gain by telling people this lie if in fact you do intend to release John again? I don't get it. Seems to me the only people who benefit from this playful deception will be aftermarket sellers on ebay. So, if you're bull***tting us Randy, stop right now, this isn't the time for that crap.

The second scenario is that he isn't lying, and John follows the Hawkins or red-shirt Dutch example of one-and-done SDCC exclusives that don't get reissued in any form. This will add salt to the wound that many Terminator fans sustained when Randy announced so late that John was to be an exclusive. Many if not most people assumed he was to be a regular release when he was first shown off at SDCC 2018 and Randy did nothing to correct our mistaken notion - allowing us all to get our hopes up. After a long wait he revealed him as an exclusive like as if it was great news, as if it wasn't going to piss people right off. So no reissue in any form is a gut punch to Terminator fans.

I missed Hawkins and red shirt Dutch and that's why I paid $80 for John Connor. NECA pisses me off on the regular.

Justcrash
08-22-2019, 03:29 AM
On twitter today

I really enjoy the Terminator franchise, but I consider myself lucky that I am not a hardcore NECA guy, because this kind of stuff, where such a pivitol character (John, for instance, from T2) is either never produced, joked about, or released in such limited quantities at a con 90% of us can't get to, I'd lose my mind. I feel for you guys.

jye4ever
08-22-2019, 03:44 AM
As long as NECA makes a ton of Coraline products i?m content.

DiFabio
08-24-2019, 07:18 AM
NECA won’t be around forever. If toy companies like Mattel and Hasbro are struggling, I can only imagine what a little company out in New Jersey must be experiencing.

jye4ever
08-24-2019, 07:37 AM
They just made the most bad ass looking 1/12 scale plastic Batman action figure ever.

My ass will be focused just on that at NYCC.

Johnny Utah
08-25-2019, 04:57 AM
They just made the most bad ass looking 1/12 scale plastic Batman action figure ever.

Wait until McFarlane shows theirs.

DioramaMaker
08-25-2019, 09:02 AM
Wait until McFarlane shows theirs.And makes it look like it was a stone block with "articulation" added so the figure looks good in only one pose?

rjszar
08-26-2019, 11:25 AM
And makes it look like it was a stone block with "articulation" added so the figure looks good in only one pose?

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the big drawback with anything done by McFarlane. Except for maybe the first couple of series of Spawn figures, they have always been done as jointed statues instead of "action" figures.

Johnny Utah
08-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Are either of you up to date with the last 5 years of McFarlane figures?

Joda
08-26-2019, 04:32 PM

Except it's not 1/12th. That's the annoying thing about NECA's figures - they're 1/10th. :slap

FriendlyPiranha
08-27-2019, 04:24 AM
Are either of you up to date with the last 5 years of McFarlane figures?Obviously they aren't [emoji846]

DioramaMaker
08-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Are either of you up to date with the last 5 years of McFarlane figures?
Obviously they aren't [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-J600FN using TapatalkI sure am. Numerous figures of his still adhere to this logic, including the most recent Harry Potter ones. Furthermore, Star Trek, The Walking Dead, Call of Duty, most of the color top line, and the like all fit this bill. There's zero consistency. For every figure with passable articulation, there's 5 that don't make the cut (or rather have cuts). McF has nothing on the advancements Neca had made in hiding functional articulation.

I'm 100% convinced that part of the Fortnite contract was that the figures had to be akin to Hasbro's Overwatch line, and Todd complied because he saw money in it. He's openly discounted the need for articulation and defended what he brands as articulated.

Captain Clown
08-28-2019, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I remember they were really advertising the articulation of their new Star Trek figures. I don’t have Picard, but Kirk is so hard to make look good. The lack of double jointed elbows means he can’t even hold his communicator to his mouth. His leg articulation sucks, and his torso/crotch is one solid piece without even a hip rotation from what I remember.

Their Jareth figure from The Labyrinth doesn’t even have leg articulation I think.

But yeah, I think McFarlane had to have been pushed into making good figures for Fortnite - they seem too well done compared to their usual work.

If the Multiverse line is anything to go off of, I doubt their DC figures will be very articulated. They’re reportedly 7” so they already won’t be compatible with standard Marvel Legends.

FriendlyPiranha
08-28-2019, 05:12 AM
I don't feel the same way about Kirk and Picard. I think they look great, especially when compared to existing DST figures. I don't really need crazy articulations on them. I rather have good proportions and sculpt. The only bad thing is that line's dead already.

Lord Freezer
08-30-2019, 08:33 AM
RIP Franco Columbu http://www.lanuovasardegna.it/olbia/cronaca/2019/08/30/news/annegato-a-san-teodoro-il-culturista-attore-franco-columbu-1.17873884?fbclid=IwAR2X-Ab0fJoaqhT-LUnUXDV9uA6RLXNo6kNx1MKZlh8OQyX8D8HMHf6QLw8

I hope in a figure of this terminator...

jye4ever
08-30-2019, 10:05 AM
Wow Franco is gone.

What an amazing film career he had.

snoop101
08-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Wow Franco is gone.

What an amazing film career he had.

That's more F'ed up then a soup sandwich. :lol

ecmagee1984
09-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Custom waterslide decals by curb stomp custom decals for John and the bike.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/921/6ZjsVq.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pl6ZjsVqj)

a-dev
09-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Even with the Public Enemy Logo it really misses the camo pattern on the shirt...

rjszar
09-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Did you mean Curb Stomp Custom Decals?

ecmagee1984
09-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Yes. Curb Stomp Custom Decals. Sorry for the typo.

Captain Clown
09-15-2019, 09:42 AM
I got a 1/10th scale Harley Davidson Fatboy for my T-800 finally! My Terminator shelf feels more complete now.

I eventually want to mod my T-800 with the BD McFarlane arm so he can hold his shotgun straight up and replicate the movie poster.

Apologies for the grainy pics.

Tech-Com DN38416
09-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Any gamer's here seen this yet?

Terminator:Resistance on XBOX ONE , PS4 , PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_h0_qDphYw

Finally looks like a half decent Terminator game since 'Terminator Dawn of Fate' on PS2

Only bad point is the developer's last game Rambo: The Video Game was a piece of **** LOL!

I do like we actually get to fight endos, hunter killers , and the tank thing from the future war scenes in T1 & T2. Apparently this takes place then. Wish we played as Kyle though up to the start of The Terminator :) Would make me happy as always wanted an now gen Terminator game where you play as Kyle before and up to going into the time machine. If they don't make a film of that then at least a game!

P.
09-27-2019, 06:43 PM
thank you for sharing!
though it looks sooooo heavily based on two last movies and very far from two first.

a-dev
09-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Is it mandated by the movie studio - 'you must make it look like our current Terminator ''content'' and not like the classic movies that we know you really want to base it on'.

I'm just taking your word on that by the way P. The video wouldn't play for me, it was requiring me to sign in and I'm not a member.

DioramaMaker
09-27-2019, 10:39 PM
It does say officially licensed T1 and T2 at the end there. No it that it means anything, but it's interesting.

P.
09-28-2019, 04:45 AM
I'm just taking your word on that by the way P. The video wouldn't play for me, it was requiring me to sign in and I'm not a member.
https://easyupload.io/wj9i8g

Baleation/Fatpig Courtney scenery/atmosphere all the way through. bleh.

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
10-05-2019, 09:20 AM
I just found out that the kid that played the red head juvenile brat in T2 played that little wise-ass moppet in Different Strokes. **** me.

a-dev
10-05-2019, 10:39 AM
I didn't know that either till a few weeks back. Though I really don't remember much about that show.

So no news on John Connor being reissued in any form. Starting to think Randy was serious and it aint gonna happen. I can't recall how long a time there was between the SDCC Newt and the Ripley/Newt 2 pack that came later. Don't think it was long at all though.

Zurdo95D
10-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Can NECA please re-release the 1/4 endoskeleton to provide an alternative to those who missed out on the HT 1/4? :monkey3

a-dev
10-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Nah you don't want that. Ask them to at least make a brand new one. The old one sucks.

Zurdo95D
10-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Nah you don't want that. Ask them to at least make a brand new one. The old one sucks.

Given your experience with all these Terminator collectibles, I'll heed your word.

Jason Marko
10-05-2019, 02:47 PM
The old one was like $45 when it came out. If they released it again they would probably price it at $120 like everything else. No way I would pay that much for it.

Definitely need a new one that has more detail and chrome.

a-dev
10-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Yeah. Enough is enough with that old mold. Same goes for the 7''. They've been using the same body since 2003 or something.

More detail, better range of motion while ideally not making it a ragdoll due to loose joints. Chrome paint is probably asking too much from NECA.

Actually when's that Great Twins Endoskeleton coming out? Haven't heard a peep out of them since that Uncle Bob DX10 rip-off they released.

jye4ever
10-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Now that NECA bought-partnered Loot Crate maybe that will be Connor?s destination lol

89 Batman repaint is already going there.

NECA CRATE lol

Tech-Com DN38416
10-16-2019, 06:16 AM
Phased Plasma Rifle in a 40 Watt range....

To go with my 1/2 scale Endoskeleton :)

snoop101
10-16-2019, 09:00 AM
Where did you get that?

a-dev
10-16-2019, 09:38 AM
Is that for this?

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188221

Tech-Com DN38416
10-16-2019, 01:26 PM
It's for the 'Build the Terminator' Endo. It's one of the gift's for subscribing. It's quite big and is cool quality even has a functioning magazine release. Can't wait till I have all the parts , I'm waiting till I have everything before I start building. The Plasma Rifle is a good size so the Endo will stand over a meter tall easy! B)

Tech-Com DN38416
10-19-2019, 09:06 AM
Has anyone pre ordered the Arnold T-800 and Sarah Connor Dark Fate figures? I pre ordered in the UK from Kapow Toys. Was like a 10% plus shipping, not bad. Both figures are around ?20-?25 if I remember. If they release a rev-9 endo I'll get that figure just for the design but wouldn't get a grace or the female JC figure super boring.

Pre Ordered tickets to go see Dark Fate in IMAX on the wednesday 23rd. Not got high hopes but I just wanna see Arnold and Linda in action and see if the script leaks are all true. If it is good and changes my opinion that would be the best outcome but we will see!

a-dev
10-19-2019, 11:10 AM
I preordered them on BBTS. Great sculpts by the looks of it.

Tech-Com DN38416
10-20-2019, 04:48 PM
I thought that was a U.S only website? Or do they post worldwide?

a-dev
10-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Yeah, been getting my NECA stuff there for 10 years.

Tech-Com DN38416
10-21-2019, 11:35 AM
How much is the postage usually?

a-dev
10-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Well a typical NECA wave of 3-4 figures costs $24 to ship at present. That's the cheaper option without tracking.

Tech-Com DN38416
10-23-2019, 02:04 PM
That's fair for shipping from the U.S.

Oh just got back from seeing Terminator: Dark Fate. Ummmm, was not memorable at all apart from the big ****** you in the beginning, was like a marvel movie and the music sounded like marvel/captain america mixed with some of the classic terminator themes. I think they should of just got Brad Fiedel back seeing as he made a great memorable score on T1 & T2. Arnold's T-800 is cucked, actually made me laugh. The Rev-9 was jumping around like spiderman it made me cringe. Seems like they just wanted to go big and over the top with everything.

I walked out as soon as the credits rolled. The Terminator we all love and know is no more. I don't think there will be any T-800 Endo's anymore, no Skynet, and no rag tag resistance like we all know from Kyle Reese's future. The so called 'Resistance' in TDF were travelling in daylight and looked well equipped. Armour , drop ship , places to do surgery to enhance soldiers like grace etc. The 'terminators' in this future were like endo/liquid looking Doc Octopus's from spiderman, very marvel like. Oh I loved Arnold and Linda, they did the best with what they had to work with. Mckenzie Davis looked OK in some of the action scenes but not a fan of the Danny Ramos character at all, I just couldn't stop thinking of John Connor.......

I don't think this post is a spoiler. They have shown sooo much in all the trailers. This is just my opinion after seeing it in the UK at 5pm today.

I'd still go see it after reading this as we all will have our own thoughts and opinions on it. This could have been a spin off without Linda and Arnie. Would of been cool if the ending had Sarah and john saving the day (Maybe with another T-800 they had captured or something) I'd be invested in a sequel then but unfortunately I am not invested in this new films direction at all.

Anyway the Arnie and Linda NECA figures have some awesome weapons with them. Hopefully the T800 figure has the same style of head fixture that the T1+T2 figures have as will have some fun customizing the different heads and weapons :D

snoop101
10-23-2019, 02:27 PM
If there's any potential spoilers please use spoiler tags. It doesn't come out until the 1st here in the States.

a-dev
10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
So, much the same as the they've been putting out for the last 16 years.

I expect to somewhat enjoy seeing Arnold and Linda interacting again but that's about it and I'll file it right alongside T3:ROTM, Salvation and Genisys.

As for NECA's figures, course I'm still buying them, I'm a sucker for cool toys and I hope it shows a continued interest in NECA's Terminator line generally because I still want them to make a few more things from T1 and T2.

snoop101
10-23-2019, 04:34 PM
So, much the same as the they've been putting out for the last 16 years.

I expect to somewhat enjoy seeing Arnold and Linda interacting again but that's about it and I'll file it right alongside T3:ROTM, Salvation and Genisys.

As for NECA's figures, course I'm still buying them, I'm a sucker for cool toys and I hope it shows a continued interest in NECA's Terminator line generally because I still want them to make a few more things from T1 and T2.

So you saw it already too?

a-dev
10-23-2019, 04:55 PM
No. I've read every spoiler though.

a-dev
10-23-2019, 05:02 PM
Hah, check this out - Arnie being presented with something NECA-related during this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LyVTDkVggo

jye4ever
10-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Holy crap she?s huge brings back bad memories from my medic days ughh my back hurts just thinking about it.

He said she would crush her enemies lol

Yeah no kidding.

a-dev
10-23-2019, 06:02 PM
I think she was a Big Brother UK contestant in the early 2000s. Well, she got a career out of it. Any of her interviews I've seen the guests seem to have a blast.

snoop101
10-23-2019, 07:50 PM
No. I've read every spoiler though.

Oh okay. Why lol. That ruins the experience for me.

a-dev
10-23-2019, 07:58 PM
Oh okay. Why lol. That ruins the experience for me.

After 3 prior crap sequels in succession, basic knowledge of the plot of Dark Fate and a trailer that was exhibiting almost all the undesirable characteristics of those previous films, I just didn't care anymore.

But if you've lasted this long unspoiled then yes, you might aswell try to stay that way till you see it.

Ironman69
10-24-2019, 09:48 AM
a-dev:

If I were to write true, continuation sequel to T2, here would be my plot points. Tell me what you think.

1. Workers at the steel mill from the end of T2 return to work a few days later and find the T800’s broken off endo arm lying in the bottom of that giant rotating gear assembly. They give it to a local robotics company who accept it and are astounded by the advanced tech it represents.

2. Authorities investigate the escape of Sarah Connor from the mental institution. They review the security camera footage of the entire building and are bewildered by the images in the video cameras. They see the T-1000 come in as a police officer and watch as it melts to the floor only to re-emerge as the shape of the security guard who had a “full house.” They further watch as it walks completely through a jail cell door, having to readjust its hand to allow for the pistol to go between the cell door bars. They then see Dr. Silberman witness the two terminators shooting and running past him as he stands and watches in shock. Dr. Silberman then explains to authorities Sara Connor’s “story” of judgement day and the terminators. Authorities brief higher government officials and begin searching for Sarah and John.

3. John Connor finally meets his father, Kyle Reece. Only Kyle is still a child.

a-dev
10-24-2019, 10:14 AM
That all makes sense as what would transpire after (or actually some of it still during the events of) T2. There isn't necessarily a movie to be made around that however.

I also don't think the T-800's crushed hand that was left behind would really be of any use as far as Skynet and the machines still coming to be. It's just a robot hand. Stan Winston was able to make that. I don't think there's anything innately revolutionary about it that would 'take us in new directions, things we would have never....' as Dyson talked about. But he was referring to the chip, the CPU. That was now gone for sure.

But hey, maybe some of the T-1000 was still left around. He exploded from inside sending parts of him everywhere that never had a chance to re-merge with him. Sooo..I dunno :lol

Basically though there's the question even if you can make a Terminator 3 (and they obviously keep trying) should you? Some say they shouldn't have even made a T2, that the time paradox loop was already perfect and T2 just unnecessarily complicated it, perhaps even contradicted certain things in T1. Most of us who like T2 disregard such complaints because it was a good film and think it was worth it to see both a Terminator on its default programming doing what it was originally intended to do and one that had been reprogrammed to instead defend - and it was interesting to see what effect the different circumstances had on that machine.

A Terminator 3 though - particularly as they've been making them - can't seem to be anything but a rehash of the same stuff over again and what's the point to that. We've seen it.

So that's why I and so many others have always said, if you're gonna make another one it should be Terminator 2029 - a prequel to T1 and T2, a single film set in the future war that leads back into the classic films in a continual loop. With Terminator Salvation they tried to start a new trilogy and that was a huge mistake. Just one good film, one that doesn't **** around with the mythology, would be enough. Turn an existing classic duology into a classic trilogy.

Or make nothing at all because it's not explicitly necessary.

Tech-Com DN38416
10-24-2019, 02:40 PM
That all makes sense as what would transpire after (or actually some of it still during the events of) T2. There isn't necessarily a movie to be made around that however.

I also don't think the T-800's crushed hand that was left behind would really be of any use as far as Skynet and the machines still coming to be. It's just a robot hand. Stan Winston was able to make that. I don't think there's anything innately revolutionary about it that would 'take us in new directions, things we would have never....' as Dyson talked about. But he was referring to the chip, the CPU. That was now gone for sure.

But hey, maybe some of the T-1000 was still left around. He exploded from inside sending parts of him everywhere that never had a chance to re-merge with him. Sooo..I dunno :lol

Basically though there's the question even if you can make a Terminator 3 (and they obviously keep trying) should you? Some say they shouldn't have even made a T2, that the time paradox loop was already perfect and T2 just unnecessarily complicated it, perhaps even contradicted certain things in T1. Most of us who like T2 disregard such complaints because it was a good film and think it was worth it to see both a Terminator on its default programming doing what it was originally intended to do and one that had been reprogrammed to instead defend - and it was interesting to see what effect the different circumstances had on that machine.

A Terminator 3 though - particularly as they've been making them - can't seem to be anything but a rehash of the same stuff over again and what's the point to that. We've seen it.

So that's why I and so many others have always said, if you're gonna make another one it should be Terminator 2029 - a prequel to T1 and T2, a single film set in the future war that leads back into the classic films in a continual loop. With Terminator Salvation they tried to start a new trilogy and that was a huge mistake. Just one good film, one that doesn't **** around with the mythology, would be enough. Turn an existing classic duology into a classic trilogy.

Or make nothing at all because it's not explicitly necessary.

Exactly dude! Close the loop with T-3 ending with Kyle and the T-800 landing in LA 1984 :D

Blackout
10-25-2019, 05:43 PM
I really liked Dark Fate and I'm surprised that NECA is practically the only company making anything for it. Where are the Hot Toys and the Sideshow? I'm a fan of Carl and I've got nothing to show for it!

a-dev
10-25-2019, 07:42 PM
I was actually surprised NECA took it on. Their Genisys figures didn't seem to sell well at all.

There were whispers that Hot Toys have the license but perhaps they've finally learned not to formally announce as much until they gauge the reaction to the film. Unless they did announce it and I've just forgotten.

scarrviper
10-26-2019, 03:58 PM
I had some great luck today, I found a loose maisto fat boy at the flea market this morning. The good news it was only $5, the bad news is that it was filthy.
It looked like it had spent years in someones garage or attic. It's also missing the turn signal lenses on the handlebars, but thankfully I don't need them and I will cut the turn signals off. Right now I've taken as much of the bike apart as I possibly can so I can clean the thing.

Only other issue is some of the chrome is damaged in a few places. I'm guessing that one of those molotow pens will work to fix that. Any advice for using those? I've never used one before, I have to get one at hobby lobby next time I'm there.

DioramaMaker
10-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Can someone confirm what kind of T-800 they've been finding at Walmart? I'd like to get a spare for some custom painting, but don't want to alter my originals.

scarrviper
10-28-2019, 03:15 PM
Can someone confirm what kind of T-800 they've been finding at Walmart? I'd like to get a spare for some custom painting, but don't want to alter my originals.

I saw the T2 T-800 last week at my Walmart, they only had one. I didn't look at it too closely, but it did looked improved compared to the original ultimate release that I have already.

FDS
10-28-2019, 04:46 PM
That's fair for shipping from the U.S.

Oh just got back from seeing Terminator: Dark Fate. Ummmm, was not memorable at all apart from the big ****** you in the beginning, was like a marvel movie and the music sounded like marvel/captain america mixed with some of the classic terminator themes. I think they should of just got Brad Fiedel back seeing as he made a great memorable score on T1 & T2. Arnold's T-800 is cucked, actually made me laugh. The Rev-9 was jumping around like spiderman it made me cringe. Seems like they just wanted to go big and over the top with everything.

I walked out as soon as the credits rolled. The Terminator we all love and know is no more. I don't think there will be any T-800 Endo's anymore, no Skynet, and no rag tag resistance like we all know from Kyle Reese's future. The so called 'Resistance' in TDF were travelling in daylight and looked well equipped. Armour , drop ship , places to do surgery to enhance soldiers like grace etc. The 'terminators' in this future were like endo/liquid looking Doc Octopus's from spiderman, very marvel like. Oh I loved Arnold and Linda, they did the best with what they had to work with. Mckenzie Davis looked OK in some of the action scenes but not a fan of the Danny Ramos character at all, I just couldn't stop thinking of John Connor.......

I don't think this post is a spoiler. They have shown sooo much in all the trailers. This is just my opinion after seeing it in the UK at 5pm today.

I'd still go see it after reading this as we all will have our own thoughts and opinions on it. This could have been a spin off without Linda and Arnie. Would of been cool if the ending had Sarah and john saving the day (Maybe with another T-800 they had captured or something) I'd be invested in a sequel then but unfortunately I am not invested in this new films direction at all.

Anyway the Arnie and Linda NECA figures have some awesome weapons with them. Hopefully the T800 figure has the same style of head fixture that the T1+T2 figures have as will have some fun customizing the different heads and weapons :D

That it! Its the end of the terminator for me!

Saw the film, and boy was I disappointed! Ok NO spoliers, but this film sucks. The last one was worse, but this one is shockingly bad too. Good action, but that's it. Story is lame, stupid. The terminator worked because it was a none stoppable killing machine, and was awesome seeing Arnold keep getting up, after he'd been knocked down. T2 was good too, different direction but it worked and seeing Arnold in black leather. DF, kills all that. Also they never really thought of merchindising with this film. Theres nothing really to collect, apart from rev 9. Of course Sarah in her outfit and Arnold in some boring outfit.

Captain Clown
10-28-2019, 05:34 PM
I saw the T2 T-800 last week at my Walmart, they only had one. I didn't look at it too closely, but it did looked improved compared to the original ultimate release that I have already.

What isle would those be in? The regular toy isle or the "collectible" isle next to the funko pops?

scarrviper
10-28-2019, 07:32 PM
What isle would those be in? The regular toy isle or the "collectible" isle next to the funko pops?

Collectible isle, in the electronics and entertainment section.

Captain Clown
11-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Thank you! I'll check tonight. :)

Lord Freezer
11-02-2019, 08:12 AM
I remember the 12" terminator serie... this scale was spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-YGPdxkYY

a-dev
11-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Much better with the chroming and improved blood paint.

I wanted them to release the other ones in 12'' - Cyberdyne, Man or Machine and semi-BD Steel Mill - but the ones they put out must not have sold very well. I think they abandoned 12'' altogether after those.