PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

henzINNIT
05-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Still cautiously optimistic about Dark Fate because of Miller and the cast, but the trailer didn't really give me what I was hoping for. I just want something that feels grim and gritty, this franchise has suffered trying to top T2's spectacle. So far this new film doesn't seem to have a lot of new ideas to offer but I'll accept it riffing on previous failed ideas (aged Arnold Terminator, human/robot hybrids) if it can do them better. It would be great to have another great Terminator film. If not, well it isn't going to hurt after so many misfires.

Mildly curious about the toys too I suppose. If the film is good, I'm down, partially because we're so starved by now. I want that John Connor, and I still want Neca to expand into the other films as they have with Alien and Predator. Even Salvation - as terrible as it is - had some cool Stan Winston robots.

Drone
05-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Yeah he looks so cool in his yellow flannel shirt and khaki trousers... Worst dressed and least intimidating 'Terminator' ever! (Figure too!)

This comment made me realize: this Terminator's attire is incredibly similar to what Detective Harrigan (Predator 2) wears once he ditches the yellow shirt of the opening scene. If NECA were to make this new terminator (in human form, in this outfit), but never make Harrigan, I'd totally buy this 'worst dressed / least intimidating Terminator' for the sake of a Harrigan custom, regardless of how good or bad the movie ends up being.
So... at least the new flick... has that potentiality going for it?

a-dev
05-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Still cautiously optimistic about Dark Fate because of Miller and the cast, but the trailer didn't really give me what I was hoping for. I just want something that feels grim and gritty, this franchise has suffered trying to top T2's spectacle. So far this new film doesn't seem to have a lot of new ideas to offer but I'll accept it riffing on previous failed ideas (aged Arnold Terminator, human/robot hybrids) if it can do them better. It would be great to have another great Terminator film. If not, well it isn't going to hurt after so many misfires.

Mildly curious about the toys too I suppose. If the film is good, I'm down, partially because we're so starved by now. I want that John Connor, and I still want Neca to expand into the other films as they have with Alien and Predator. Even Salvation - as terrible as it is - had some cool Stan Winston robots.

I think the major mistake they keep making is not even that they're trying to top T2 - they're trying to top any actioner of the last 30 years so the end product ends up so far from the original 1984 film in tone, style and execution that it's beyond ridiculous. It's impossible to accept any of it as occurring in the same reality as T1 because it has become absurdly cartoon-like or video-gamey and lost all tension and suspense in the process.

T2 succeeds as a follow-up to T1 because it only went bigger by as much as the CGI of the time would allow. We weren't yet at the point where CGI was replacing real-life vehicle stuntwork so basically if something couldn't be done for real it wasn't done. When the T-800 needed to climb out of his moving truck and onto the T-1000's moving truck they did it in the only way that a human physically could do it - and that wasn't some silly acrobatic flip or a slow-mo jump through the air with the camera positioned to capture the look on his CGI face. Ugghh..:slap

Nowadays they can do anything and they just don't seem to have any sense of restraint.

SP1772
05-27-2019, 07:14 PM
I think the major mistake they keep making is not even that they're trying to top T2 - they're trying to top any actioner of the last 30 years so the end product ends up so far from the original 1984 film in tone, style and execution that it's beyond ridiculous. It's impossible to accept any of it as occurring in the same reality as T1 because it has become absurdly cartoon-like or video-gamey and lost all tension and suspense in the process.

T2 succeeds as a follow-up to T1 because it only went bigger by as much as the CGI of the time would allow. We weren't yet at the point where CGI was replacing real-life vehicle stuntwork so basically if something couldn't be done for real it wasn't done. When the T-800 needed to climb out of his moving truck and onto the T-1000's moving truck they did it in the only way that a human physically could do it - and that wasn't some silly acrobatic flip or a slow-mo jump through the air with the camera positioned to capture the look on his CGI face. Ugghh..:slap

Nowadays they can do anything and they just don't seem to have any sense of restraint.

Exactly. They can do anything with the cgi now. So due to lack of restraint, everything looks ridiculous. The action being realistic is what makes it exciting.

I feel so old. “Kids these days with their flashy computers and graphics. Back when I was younger, we didn’t have all that fancy stuff. We walked to and from school in 3ft of snow. Up hill both ways!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.
05-28-2019, 01:51 AM
gynysys endoskeleton's "metal" parts bend and stretch in the movie hehehe.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-28-2019, 08:07 PM

That's exactly right! Totally agree!

In T2 they had a real helicopter fly under bridges and fly into the back of a van! Now days it would all be CGI just like you said. CGI is lazy and tacky , it should only be used when the real thing cannot physically be done.

KoBE
05-28-2019, 08:31 PM

This so much! You have conveyed exactly how I feel

a-dev
05-29-2019, 08:28 AM
Aw wtf?? He's an SDCC exclusive :slap

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2019/5/29/exclusive-first-look-at-t2-ultimate-john-connor-by-neca.html

Animal Mother.
05-29-2019, 08:28 AM
Sigh. Great.

a-dev
05-29-2019, 08:34 AM
Didn't seem like he was going to be an SDCC 2019 exclusive when he was shown at SDCC 18 :dunno Seems to me that must have been a decision they made afterward. Goddammit.

a-dev
05-29-2019, 08:46 AM
And, although passable enough, it shouldn't just be a plain green shirt

This is a wee bit disappointing NECA.

I hope he at least gets some sort of wide release later on like Newt did (albeit in a 2-pack)

memyselfi
05-29-2019, 08:50 AM
SDCC 2019 Neca Terminator 2 Judgement Day Ultimate John Connor Figure 7" + Bike
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SKQAAOSwjEhc7qda/s-l1600.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2019-Neca-Terminator-2-Judgement-Day-Ultimate-John-Connor-Figure-7-Bike/192932593940?hash=item2cebadc114:g:SKQAAOSwjEhc7qd a455512

a-dev
05-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Looks like the GnR bit on the bike has literally been scribbled out although I'm not fussed about that.

The figure is otherwise pretty cool, the Battle Across Time head is a nice addition we hadn't seen, articulation looks great, the backpack is removable thankfully - I was worried it wouldn't be from previous pics.

It will be mine one way or another.

Space Jockey
05-29-2019, 09:30 AM
Wow that's turned out really good.

K1LLJOY
05-29-2019, 09:45 AM
I didn't think this would be a SDCC exclusive, they must of not had any faith that he would of have sold at retail.

I could see him being released again without the bike.

snoop101
05-29-2019, 09:54 AM
I love that they included the battle across time head as well. It sucks this is going to be a SDCC exclusive. Where's the best place to get those, eBay?

MaulFan
05-29-2019, 10:00 AM
NECA does online orders for non-attendees, depending on how popular an item, it can be a nightmare, as 90s movie turtle fans about last year.

a-dev
05-29-2019, 10:02 AM
I can definitely see a T-800/John 2 pack not long down the road. This is probably the only way to get the bike and maybe even the extra head and endo-arm.

henzINNIT
05-29-2019, 10:03 AM
SDCC exclusive is bull****.

The accessories are cool though.

Urg.

Lord Freezer
05-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Aw wtf?? He's an SDCC exclusive :slap

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2019/5/29/exclusive-first-look-at-t2-ultimate-john-connor-by-neca.html

Bad news... no sense.

henzINNIT
05-29-2019, 10:36 AM
I can definitely see a T-800/John 2 pack not long down the road. This is probably the only way to get the bike and maybe even the extra head and endo-arm.

Yeah like the Ripley/Newt release. Quite possible, and really annoying. A bare-bones version packed in with an unwanted re-release of a decade old figure... sigh. I'd much rather get the figure I actually want with all the accessories.

I've often defended Neca and found them unfairly criticized for choices they've made over the years, but announcing John as an SDCC exclusive after months of waiting is a baffling decision. It's a nice surprise to no-one but scalpers.

a-dev
05-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Bad news... no sense.

It's kinda what we thought it would be in the first place but when he was shown at last years Con there was no indication that he'd be an exclusive so that got us excited; we certainly didn't think he'd be an exclusive for the following year's con.

On the brightside, assuming he gets some sort of wider release later, it means I don't have to end up with an army of dirt bikes.

The Clown Prince of Crime
05-29-2019, 11:33 AM
SDCC 2019 Neca Terminator 2 Judgement Day Ultimate John Connor Figure 7" + Bike
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SKQAAOSwjEhc7qda/s-l1600.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2019-Neca-Terminator-2-Judgement-Day-Ultimate-John-Connor-Figure-7-Bike/192932593940?hash=item2cebadc114:g:SKQAAOSwjEhc7qd a455512

https://i.imgur.com/MR6w37t.gif
https://i.imgur.com/CBnxlmd.gif

FriendlyPiranha
05-29-2019, 11:34 AM
Well, Randy just demonstrated he's a world class moron.

TooNiche
05-29-2019, 12:08 PM
NECA does online orders for non-attendees, ...

Correction: US non-attendees.

... announcing John as an SDCC exclusive after months of waiting is a baffling decision. It's a nice surprise to no-one but scalpers.
:mad: This.

... I hope he at least gets some sort of wide release later on like Newt did (albeit in a 2-pack)

After paying scalpers for Newt, only to have her released later with everything but the framed picture, I decided not to repeat the same mistake with Hawkins. Look how that worked out. :mad:

Oh.. and still waiting on that Alien Club "end of year" exclusive figure.

05-29-2019, 12:09 PM
To be fair, this figure is really for a niche audience. The average person going to a Target store is not going to buy a toy of "that kid from that movie from 30 years ago. " I can see why they made it a SDCC EX. It sucks, but I understand it. I don't think it'll sell out immediately, so those who want it should be able to get it. I think there's a lot of option for great ex toys this year, with the TMNT Shredder set, John Connor, and the Superman and Batman two pack figures, so hopefully it all cancels each other out a bit, making it easy to get a few things over the 3 day window sale. My priority is the TMNT set...then the John Connor.

The Hawkins figure didn't sell out was available for a while. I didn't get it because I don't give a **** about Hawkins unless the other characters get made. I'm sure they'll re release him if they make more characters later on.

TooNiche
05-29-2019, 12:54 PM
To be fair, this figure is really for a niche audience. The average person going to a Target store is not going to buy a toy of "that kid from that movie from 30 years ago. " I can see why they made it a SDCC EX. ...

Ok, sure, then Randy should let us dedicated fans know if there will be a wider release later. That would be a decent thing to do for the fans. If the "average person" cares so little NECA's not going to lose out by letting the cat out of the bag by telling the "niche audience". The only people that would be hurt by that information is the scalpers, because they'll know the most dedicated fans, who they're targeting will know and not be forced to pay for fear of missing out.

It sucks, but I understand it. I don't think it'll sell out immediately, ...

It doesn't matter, it's not available to purchase for anyone outside the US.

... so those who want it should be able to get it.

Only if you're in the US. Not the rest of the world.

I think there's a lot of option for great ex toys this year, with the TMNT Shredder set, John Connor, and the Superman and Batman two pack figures, so hopefully it all cancels each other out a bit, making it easy to get a few things over the 3 day window sale...

There is no window for the rest of the world. And we cannot even "compete".

I'm not trying to argue with you btw, my anger is with NECA, but this is the fact of the matter for non-US collectors.

The worst thing is not even when you accept you'll have to pay extra, you can accept that to a degree, when you reconcile that you have something special; Or that your paying the extra to a scalper with no benefit to NECA; It's when you've paid that premium only to have it thrown in your face when it's released wide scale later anyway.

I say scalpers are of no benefit to NECA, but that's not true. Counting on scalpers to buy out your full stock is beneficial. But why is this the only way, to what? Fund the tooling? This is what collector's clubs are for, this is what Haslab's are for. I'd rather pay the extra to NECA if a figure is a difficult wide sell than to scalpers. Grr. Is it really so difficult to offer worldwide shipping. Again, I'd be more accepting knowing that was what I had to pay a little extra for, at a fair price. I wouldn't mind waiting.

a-dev
05-29-2019, 12:57 PM
To be fair, this figure is really for a niche audience. The average person going to a Target store is not going to buy a toy of "that kid from that movie from 30 years ago. " I can see why they made it a SDCC EX. It sucks, but I understand it. I don't think it'll sell out immediately, so those who want it should be able to get it. I think there's a lot of option for great ex toys this year, with the TMNT Shredder set, John Connor, and the Superman and Batman two pack figures, so hopefully it all cancels each other out a bit, making it easy to get a few things over the 3 day window sale. My priority is the TMNT set...then the John Connor.

The Hawkins figure didn't sell out was available for a while. I didn't get it because I don't give a **** about Hawkins unless the other characters get made. I'm sure they'll re release him if they make more characters later on.

What bugs me is we were lulled into a false sense of security over this. Yes, we speculated that, if made, he would have to be an exclusive but then NECA presented him at SDCC 2018 (after that years exclusives had separately been revealed) with a sign saying he was coming in 2019 so I was like 'oh wow, he must be getting a wide release'.

Nothing there indicated that he would be a con exclusive nor was there any comment to that effect in the usual Pixel Dan interview as I recall (also note the superior painted shirt incidentally)

Just the other day Johnny Utah asked on twitter if we could expect the 'preorder' for John Connor any time soon and Randy gave a thumbs up sign. This was clearly not what Johnny Utah (or anyone who was interested in that answer) had in mind.

But look, I have a high degree of confidence this is not the only release of this figure there will be. He is ripe for release in a 2 pack at least - even if it is just the same T-800 they've been issuing for 10 years - it's an absolute no-brainer.

Personally I wasn't particularly surprised by Hawkins not getting a wider release later on. Everything that came with that figure was essential so a rerelease would have had to keep everything that was in the exclusive. And I couldn't seem them doing a 2 pack of Dutch and Hawkins or something. Ripley and Newt was a natural choice, as the T-800 and John would be.

memyselfi
05-29-2019, 01:53 PM
Personally I wasn't particularly surprised by Hawkins not getting a wider release later on. Everything that came with that figure was essential so a rerelease would have had to keep everything that was in the exclusive. And I couldn't seem them doing a 2 pack of Dutch and Hawkins or something. Ripley and Newt was a natural choice, as the T-800 and John would be.

TBH I was expecting a Hawkins tshirt version with a re-released Jungle demon 2 pack.

a-dev
05-29-2019, 01:59 PM
TBH I was expecting a Hawkins tshirt version with a re-released Jungle demon 2 pack.

That'd probably be a con exclusive aswell :lol:gah:

snoop101
05-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Why couldn't they give him the camo shirt we originally saw? :huh

KoBE
05-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Wise decision actually to make this an SDCC exclusive. I think this would be a peg warmer in Target stores if released on a mass scale.

I’m looking forward to getting mine.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-29-2019, 03:09 PM
SDCC exclusive is bull****.

Urg.

I totally agree dude I am beyond pissed at this news! I wanted to by two or three of them! :mad:

Tech-Com DN38416
05-29-2019, 03:21 PM
I know everyone is super disappointed about the John Connor figure being just an exclusive so thought I'd share something random. I most of my NECA figures from EBAY and with one of my Terminator figures I got two small boxes with japanese text and with an Endo skull on it (design) When I opened the box it had candy in it and these:

And This one

They are only small but I was well surprised for these extra additions lol

S. Griffin
05-29-2019, 04:32 PM
Why couldn't they give him the camo shirt we originally saw? :huh

Cheap

DiFabio
05-29-2019, 05:43 PM
I’m going to SDCC this year so I don’t care, but $50 bucks??

They mad.

Between the way it was shown last year to being on the card back, it really seemed like it was going to be a regular release. I don’t really get it. Then not only do you have the Guns and Roses scribbled our and public enemies on the shirt missing, you also don’t have the camo paint on the jacket.

I don’t get it.

scarrviper
05-29-2019, 05:44 PM
Really sucks that John is a SDCC exclusive, hopefully there is a retail version coming later. If not, what a joke. It feels like we got strung along with that reveal last year.

Vector
05-29-2019, 06:30 PM
John is an SDCC exclusive. Of course he is...

Thanks a lot Randy. Should have seen this one coming.

I was really looking forward to getting the dirt bike with the figure but almost guaranteed it will only be sold with the exclusive.

$50 at the con, eBay scalper price estimate: $100-$125.

Yup, thanks a bunch Randy.

05-29-2019, 10:47 PM
I was really looking forward to getting the dirt bike with the figure but almost guaranteed it will only be sold with the exclusive.

Either the bike or the extra head sculpt, maybe both. I doubt it'll get a single release. Maybe a two pack version with Arnold or a reissue of Sarah Connor is more likely, because if they don't think the figure with the bike merits a wide release, why would they release a single figure with less accessories? Hell, I wouldn't buy a JC figure without the bike. The OG toy came with a bike. He's got no weapons, and his whole gimmick in the film is riding that bike in some memorable scenes. Who the F wants a JC from T2 with no bike? It's like a mullet kid figure without his radio. :dunno

Also, compare the JC figure and the lack of details like the missing camo paint with the ultra detailed TMNT Shredder set. You can tell NECA didn't put the same effort on the Terminator line.

Reefer Shark
05-29-2019, 11:20 PM
bleh, I always have the worst luck with NECA SDCC exclusives. Had to resort to ebay for almost every single one of mine. Pretty disappointing, but I’ll reserve my anger until after I miss the tiny amount that will go up at necastoreonline lol

henzINNIT
05-30-2019, 04:39 AM
Depending on the nature of the re-release, I think the bike will be included, but everything else will be exclusive to this edition. I can see him being released as part of a second retro wave - mirroring the old Kenner version - as he was teased on the back of the last wave. The limited paint applications even match.

If he pops up in a 2-pack... I'm struggling to think of an Arnie variant I could possibly want after so many have come and gone. Sarah in white would be a nice surprise. I no longer anticipate any nice surprises though.

dukefett
05-30-2019, 06:06 AM
I thought Hawkins last year was a SDCC exclusive because of the Shane Black rights they had to get, I thought it was akin to the TMNT sets (at the time) where they could only release him as an exclusive, I was wondering the same about this. Randy had said a few times that figures of kids wouldn't sell, so it makes sense to me that it's an exclusive, especially with the bike. Maybe they'll do a John and T-800 2 pack or something in the future for retail.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-30-2019, 08:23 AM
'The Terminator Franchise is About to Fail…Again!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzGw0FYQDHk

Bo Shrek
05-30-2019, 11:33 AM
I just picked up SDCC Newt Exclusive from Amazon a few weeks back. All and all exciting but I feel myself phasing out of NECA. Mainly due to price, hit and miss paint apps and Ultimate Packaging, as I am a MOC Neca collector and I love Clamshell (hate the flap). I’m getting to old (40’s) to have little plastic figurines displayed in my room.

a-dev
05-30-2019, 12:50 PM
Hold on a second, he has the tiger stripe camo in this shot

So wtf. Which are we getting? Sorry - what are the elite few getting?

Johnny Utah
05-30-2019, 01:48 PM
I'd go with the packaged shots to gauge the final product.

a-dev
05-30-2019, 02:05 PM
You're right. Sigh. Plain green shirt it is.

Pros

-Finally, a figure of child John Connor to finish the main cast of T2
-comes with his dirtbike
-nicely articulated with well-hidden joints
-Battle Across Time head wouldn't have been the first thing I'd think of as an alternate head but nice to get
-the other accessories that are there are nice
-backpack is removable

Cons

-suddenly announced as a ****ing SDCC exclusive after most of us becoming convinced it was getting wide release
-may or may not see future rerelease in some form, who ****ing knows.
-no Public Enemies logo (but we already knew this would be the case)
-now seemingly no camo pattern on the shirt despite it being on the prototype
-no alternate hands such as thumbs up or high five
-a smirking head and/or sweaty-haired Steel Mill head would have been my first choices as alternate heads

Johnny Utah
05-30-2019, 02:21 PM
I'll try to get it but won't break my back either. Only because their Sarah is ****ing awesome.

a-dev
05-30-2019, 02:50 PM
There are no plans for a retail release at this time.

Per Randy on twitter. So far so the same game as Newt.

DiFabio
05-30-2019, 04:28 PM
I just don’t see them going through all the trouble of tooling that all new bike only for it to be exclusive to one show. That seems insane to me. That’s a lot of money for something to only get one use.

Bet anything the “exclusive” are the accessories. That box looks like a straight up Ultimate figure.

guyver1
05-30-2019, 07:24 PM
SDCC exclusive? :pfft: this Neca

This might beat the record for preorder sell out next to last years movie Turtles and this year’s Villains set :thud:

KoBE
05-30-2019, 07:49 PM
The people complaining about the price have no idea how the toy business works. This is a niche figure set with a limited run.

FriendlyPiranha
05-30-2019, 08:51 PM
After the initial shock, my anger toned down and I looked a little closer at their "high rez" images. In all honesty I don't even like it that much so I don't really give a **** anymore. I estimate around 5 more figures that I might still be interested in the near future from Neca, depending on how they'll turn out and then I'm out. Let this **** play by his own stupid rules.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

guyver1
05-30-2019, 09:00 PM
When did John wear a bandana? Deleted scene?

At least we got John’s “ Easy Money “ gadget :clap

dukefett
05-30-2019, 09:19 PM
When did John wear a bandana? Deleted scene?

At least we got John’s “ Easy Money “ gadget :clap

I think the bandana sculpt is from the Terminator show thing at Universal Studios.

snoop101
05-30-2019, 09:47 PM
It's called Terminator 2-3D:Battle Across Time. It's amazing. I've probably seen it nearly 50 times at the one here in Orlando. It is and probably will always be my favorite show/attraction, I was sad to see it go. Cool to see that NECA included that head as an accessory.

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/T2-3D-BAT-940x450.jpg

05-30-2019, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I recently went to Universal and was suprised to find out it was replaced by the Bayformers. At least its on youtube. :lol

guyver1
05-30-2019, 09:59 PM
It's called Terminator 2-3D:Battle Across Time. It's amazing. I've probably seen it nearly 50 times at the one here in Orlando. It is and probably will always be my favorite show/attraction, I was sad to see it go. Cool to see that NECA included that head as an accessory.

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/T2-3D-BAT-940x450.jpg

Ahh..I see, that explains the camo jacket from the plain green one in the film

So it’s like BTTF the Ride and Star Tours?

snoop101
05-30-2019, 10:00 PM
I don't think it was replaced by bayformers, at least not the one here in FL. It would be cool as an extra on a blu Ray. Not sure how'd hey do the live action parts though. :lol

guyver1
05-30-2019, 10:02 PM
I don't think it was replaced by bayformers, at least not the one here in FL. It would be cool as an extra on a blu Ray. Not sure how'd hey do the live action parts though. :lol

WT# is Bayformers..is that Transformers :lol

a-dev
05-30-2019, 10:15 PM
The people complaining about the price have no idea how the toy business works. This is a niche figure set with a limited run.

I'd happily pay them their asking price plus shipping. Trouble is they won't let me order the damn thing - they've made the determination to exclude their international fans. Same story as with that damn Hasbro Sailbarge. Although in this case there's no ****ing way I'm missing out. Hasbro can go **** themselves. They lost a 25 year collector. NECA have annoyed me with this but at least John Connor won't cost me 2 grand on the aftermarket if that's where I have to buy him.

It's got a camo-pattern in the movie aswell. Unfortunately they've gone cheap on us with that aspect.

05-30-2019, 10:19 PM

So it’s like BTTF the Ride and Star Tours?

It's a live show and a 3D film. You go into a Skynet exhibition or something, and Sarah Connor, JC, and the T 800 show up in person. I think the T 800 shoots the T 1000 and they jump in the time machine and the show becomes a 3D movie.

Either Bayformers or Fast and Furious. One of the two.

WT# is Bayformers..is that Transformers :lol

Yes.

a-dev
05-30-2019, 10:48 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2019-Neca-Terminator-2-Judgement-Day-Ultimate-John-Connor-Figure-7-Bike/192932593940?hash=item2cebadc114:g:SKQAAOSwjEhc7qd a

This guys price is going up and down like I don't know what. Hasn't sold any yet from what I can tell but he's changed his price about 10 times.

05-31-2019, 12:01 AM
How the **** does he have 4 available when there's a 2 per person limit from NECA? Maybe someone with twitter access should send Randy a link? He might have a few questions.

a-dev
05-31-2019, 08:25 AM
I think he's someone who is actually going to the show. Is there a 2 per person limit at the show itself?

05-31-2019, 09:03 AM
Is there a 2 per person limit at the show itself?

I dont know.

dukefett
05-31-2019, 12:38 PM
I'd happily pay them their asking price plus shipping. Trouble is they won't let me order the damn thing - they've made the determination to exclude their international fans. Same story as with that damn Hasbro Sailbarge. Although in this case there's no ****ing way I'm missing out. Hasbro can go **** themselves. They lost a 25 year collector. NECA have annoyed me with this but at least John Connor won't cost me 2 grand on the aftermarket if that's where I have to buy him.

It's got a camo-pattern in the movie aswell. Unfortunately they've gone cheap on us with that aspect.

I know they didn't release a lot and sold out fast, but did you see earlier this year Hasbro offered the Sail Barge internationally?

I think he's someone who is actually going to the show. Is there a 2 per person limit at the show itself?

Last year it was 2 items per person (ie 2 of the same thing or 1 of 2 different items), but there's nothing to stop anyone from getting back in line and doing it over. Same deal at Mezco. Hasbro was the only one really doing anything, they're also the only one who actually checked your badge against your ID. I was borrowing someone's so I couldn't get anything from Hasbro last year.

a-dev
05-31-2019, 01:02 PM
I know they didn't release a lot and sold out fast, but did you see earlier this year Hasbro offered the Sail Barge internationally.

Yep, but only to a small subsection of countries and mine was not among them. They gave no prior indication they most of the world would still be excluded from this so-called international option and I had passed on other opportunities such as Darkside Toys in the UK to wait for it.

dukefett
05-31-2019, 02:08 PM
Yep, but only to a small subsection of countries and mine was not among them. They gave no prior indication they most of the world would still be excluded from this so-called international option and I had passed on other opportunities such as Darkside Toys in the UK to wait for it.

Oh that sucks, I would've assumed Ireland would have been a country for that, sorry!

snoop101
05-31-2019, 09:50 PM
I'm looking for a brand new pescadero T-800, as It's the only one I'm missing. I was going to get one off of eBay but I don't want to get one of the knock offs versions. Is there a way to tell the difference?

a-dev
05-31-2019, 10:09 PM
If I've ever owned a knock off NECA it was good enough not to be able to tell the difference :lol The Ultimate Alien Warrior might aswell have been a knock-off anyhow.

I tend to assume any listing from the US is a genuine NECA product and I disregard all the suspiciously cheap listings from China. Beyond that I wouldn't know what to tell you.

snoop101
06-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Thanks man. I might even go for one of the knock offs actually. I didn't realize how expensive some of the older neca figures were.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Finally got hold of a NECA Cult Classics Endoskeleton with Future War base

a-dev
06-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Nice. That base is something I'm very glad I have. I have my custom battledamaged Endoskeleton lying on mine, must see if I have a pic to show you.

Davea1982
06-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Hey everyone. I really wasnt happy displaying the Neca 1/4 T800 without shades so decided to mod it using the 1/4 scale Diamond Select Terminator headsculpt with a sculpted neck.

I'm very happy with how it turned out. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190601/f61ff0c2b0fdade16090cb352777919a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tech-Com DN38416
06-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Nice. That base is something I'm very glad I have. I have my custom battledamaged Endoskeleton lying on mine, must see if I have a pic to show you.

I would love to see it if you do have a pic! I also now have all 3 Mcfarlane Sarah Connors so they are displayed in my detolf with all my NECA T1000 variations and the Mcfarlane Prezzle man T1000. Here is a pic!

EDIT: It is a bit crowded though! Also the shelf needs a clean! Might get some small stands so doesn't look so cluttered but I definitely need a whole new glass cabinet!

Tech-Com DN38416
06-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Hey everyone. I really wasnt happy displaying the Neca 1/4 T800 without shades so decided to mod it using the 1/4 scale Diamond Select Terminator headsculpt with a sculpted neck.

I'm very happy with how it turned out. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190601/f61ff0c2b0fdade16090cb352777919a.jpg

That's awesome dude. Is that the Blu Ray Edition Endo arm on the right? What is the one on the left?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Anyone read the rumoured 'spoilers' about Dark Fate on reddit? Particularly about supposedly what happens to John Connor? I will walk out of the cinema/theater if that happens and shout '***** Cameron & Miller!' :lol

T1 & T2 will never be the same if so! :mad::mad::mad:

Davea1982
06-01-2019, 03:11 PM
That's awesome dude. Is that the Blu Ray Edition Endo arm on the right? What is the one on the left?Thanks man... That is indeed the Blu Ray Endoarm. The one on the left is another Neca 1/4 T800 using the hands from the Diamond select 1/4 T800. I'll take pics once I'm back home if you would like to see them.

Davea1982
06-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Not quite clean Enterbay but way better than the stock head without glasses and miles better than the awfully skinny body the diamond select has. Likeness is there just needed a repaint. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190601/128d26fd87ad0ce40e5702c23d83076e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190601/1ef02b0e73f166e4593d854199aa65f3.jpg

06-01-2019, 04:13 PM

Well, T3 and Genesis already took a dump on T1 and T2, so what's another dump?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Well, T3 and Genesis already took a dump on T1 and T2, so what's another dump?

I guess you are right , but with O.G Sarah Connor in it it will be hard to ignore. I wish they just did future war like that T2 3D ride but better or nothing at all.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Hey everyone , I just won a Harley Davidson Fatboy (2004) to go with my NECA Arnie figure on Ebay , although it is 2004 it pretty much looks the same so I can't wait to display it and take some pics to share!

Has anyone else got one as in the U.K they are impossible to find, I literally came across it by chance , I can't even remember what I was looking at for it to come up in the suggestions on Ebay and when I saw it was a U.K seller I put a couple of offers in and the seller accepted £25 so I think I got it for a bargain. Few small bits broken off but kept so I can just glue them on and restore it.

Please share your pics if so!

06-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Wednesday is judgment day.

snoop101
06-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Wednesday is judgment day.

Have they said what time JC goes up for pre-order Wednesday?

FriendlyPiranha
06-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Can anyone here share their experience with the Tin Soldier store. Are they reliable?

dukefett
06-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Have they said what time JC goes up for pre-order Wednesday?

WHEN WILL THE PRE-ORDER GO LIVE?
DATE: June 5-7, 2019
TIME: 1 PM EST (10 AM PST) each day

HOW IT WORKS: Each day we will put a set amount of stock up for sale – once that quantity is sold out, that day’s sale is over.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/05/24/neca-san-diego-comic-con-2019-non-attendee-pre-orders-faq-346665

a-dev
06-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Is there anyone here who is gonna try for the presale John and is only getting a single one for themselves? If so would that person be willing to order two and I'll buy the second one off you (assuming you can ship to Ireland).

rjszar has already volunteered one on my behalf, I'd like to increase my odds of getting one and since I was planning to have a fair few Johns anyway for different scenes it won't matter if more than one person were to succeed in getting one for me.

Anyone read the rumoured 'spoilers' about Dark Fate on reddit? Particularly about supposedly what happens to John Connor? I will walk out of the cinema/theater if that happens and shout '***** Cameron & Miller!' :lol

Yep. Another non-canon Terminator movie in theaters later this year. :yess:

Hey everyone , I just won a Harley Davidson Fatboy (2004) to go with my NECA Arnie figure on Ebay , although it is 2004 it pretty much looks the same so I can't wait to display it and take some pics to share!

Has anyone else got one as in the U.K they are impossible to find, I literally came across it by chance , I can't even remember what I was looking at for it to come up in the suggestions on Ebay and when I saw it was a U.K seller I put a couple of offers in and the seller accepted £25 so I think I got it for a bargain. Few small bits broken off but kept so I can just glue them on and restore it.

Please share your pics if so!

Do you know what company made the bike?

snoop101
06-03-2019, 07:57 PM
WHEN WILL THE PRE-ORDER GO LIVE?
DATE: June 5-7, 2019
TIME: 1 PM EST (10 AM PST) each day

HOW IT WORKS: Each day we will put a set amount of stock up for sale – once that quantity is sold out, that day’s sale is over.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/05/24/neca-san-diego-comic-con-2019-non-attendee-pre-orders-faq-346665

Thank you.

FriendlyPiranha
06-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Can anyone here share their experience with the Tin Soldier store. Are they reliable?Really, no one?

a-dev
06-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Not a name I've heard, sorry.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-04-2019, 05:10 AM
Is there anyone here who is gonna try for the presale John and is only getting a single one for themselves? If so would that person be willing to order two and I'll buy the second one off you (assuming you can ship to Ireland).

rjszar has already volunteered one on my behalf, I'd like to increase my odds of getting one and since I was planning to have a fair few Johns anyway for different scenes it won't matter if more than one person were to succeed in getting one for me.

Yep. Another non-canon Terminator movie in theaters later this year. :yess:

Do you know what company made the bike?

Dude that is so awesome you have someone to try get you a John Connor figure, I'd love that and would even give someone an extra $10 for there efforts lol!:lol

Sucks we aren't getting the figure here in the UK :crying

Oh I think the company is Maisto, I even emailed them directly in the past and the 1991 HD Fatboy is discontinued or whatever the word is when they don't make things anymore lol.

I've set up a white floor and background for photo's now so will take some good ones with arnie when it arrives in the post. Shame I won't have a John Connor to sit on it that would be insanely awesome to photo.

P.
06-04-2019, 05:54 AM
Dude that is so awesome you have someone to try get you a John Connor figure, I'd love that and would even give someone an extra $10 for there efforts lol!:lolwait for ebay resellers, they'll do the same only for $50 extra (plus $50 shipping from USA).

a-dev
06-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Dude that is so awesome you have someone to try get you a John Connor figure, I'd love that and would even give someone an extra $10 for there efforts lol!:lol

Sucks we aren't getting the figure here in the UK :crying

Oh I think the company is Maisto, I even emailed them directly in the past and the 1991 HD Fatboy is discontinued or whatever the word is when they don't make things anymore lol.

I've set up a white floor and background for photo's now so will take some good ones with arnie when it arrives in the post. Shame I won't have a John Connor to sit on it that would be insanely awesome to photo.

Maisto is a great bike, excellent scale with the figure. Is it black?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Maisto is a great bike, excellent scale with the figure. Is it black?

It is black yeah, I'm sure it will arrive tomorrow or thursday but as soon as it does I'll post pics ASAP

henzINNIT
06-04-2019, 02:06 PM
If anyone gets a spare John I'm good for the money too haha

atexp80
06-04-2019, 09:05 PM
"I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."

P.
06-05-2019, 01:44 AM
"and your lipstick."

Tech-Com DN38416
06-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Here is my newly acquired 1:10 Scale Harley Davidson Fatboy!

Now here is my NECA T2 T-800 (Arnie) Posing!

I'm running out of space to put my figures I need another detolf! Need to also make a little area to take better pics when I get a new camera rather than using my ****** phone!!!

What do you guys think of the bike with the figure?

a-dev
06-05-2019, 08:07 AM

Great acquisition.

I just recommend to make sure he's sitting as low as he possibly can and don't bother going for the movie poster pose. Without a double elbow joint and a completely different wrist/hand to hold the shotgun the right way it just doesn't work. I go for both hands on the handlebars myself as you absolutely can't go wrong with that.

And you can afford to lose these lights I've circled as the movie bike doesn't have them.

snoop101
06-05-2019, 09:50 AM
10 minutes... :panic:

DioramaMaker
06-05-2019, 10:04 AM
All done!

rjszar
06-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Got mine.....and a-dev's.

Drone
06-05-2019, 10:07 AM
https://thenecastore.com/collections/sdcc-2019-exclusive-pre-order/products/terminator-2-judgement-day-7-scale-action-figure-ultimate-john-connor-with-dirt-bike?variant=15727389081709

Still available!

rjszar
06-05-2019, 10:08 AM
sold out

a-dev
06-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Got mine.....and a-dev's.

Thanks rjszar. I'll be ready with the funds when you need it.

JonWes
06-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Whew. Got mine! Glad I wasn't going for that Turtles set. That seemed to go the fastest.

snoop101
06-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Wow sold out in 8 minutes.

DioramaMaker
06-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Wow sold out in 8 minutes.Honestly surprised he lasted that long. Makes me wonder if the SDCC release was/is justified as much as I'd hate to see that be the case.

a-dev
06-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Honestly surprised he lasted that long. Makes me wonder if the SDCC release was/is justified as much as I'd hate to see that be the case.

Still a fast sell out. Hawkins last year lasted longer each day.

rjszar
06-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Maybe it wasn't quite 8 minutes. Maybe it took a couple of minutes for everyone to complete checkout. My screen froze for at least 30 seconds and I was really fast. Fortunately I paid with paypal and was already logged in there.

Reefer Shark
06-05-2019, 10:27 AM
man, so frustrating! Had John in my cart, but had to pull over and do it on my phone, and the stupid mobile site wouldnt let me check out. Just nothing on check out button. God I swear I always have the worst luck with these pre-orders lol

Oh well, hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow..

rjszar
06-05-2019, 10:27 AM
We really have no idea how many were available. Ten would be a slow sell out, 200 wouldn't.

snoop101
06-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Maybe it wasn't quite 8 minutes. Maybe it took a couple of minutes for everyone to complete checkout. My screen froze for at least 30 seconds and I was really fast. Fortunately I paid with paypal and was already logged in there.

It kept freezing up on me too. I'd hit checkout and nothing happened. I managed to get it to work on my tablet.

snoop101
06-05-2019, 10:38 AM
They probably just have a timer set for each release. They seemed to all sell out within seconds of each other.

06-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Still a fast sell out. Hawkins last year lasted longer each day.

It's Hawkins. Only a Predator would want to get it quickly.

a-dev
06-05-2019, 10:55 AM
It's Hawkins. Only a Predator would want to get it quickly.

You calling me a predator?

memyselfi
06-05-2019, 11:24 AM
I was clicking check out 18 seconds after sale started , clicking check out for several minutes when the screen switched , 1 clicked paypal payment, then screen says sold out.:impatient:

06-05-2019, 11:55 AM
You calling me a predator?

Oh, sorry. I meant Yautja.

rjszar
06-05-2019, 12:20 PM
I was clicking check out 18 seconds after sale started , clicking check out for several minutes when the screen switched , 1 clicked paypal payment, then screen says sold out.:impatient:

Damn, that sucks. I thought for sure that's what was going to happen to me. I clicked a dozen times, then screen froze, then it moved to next screen. Still thought I wouldn't make it all the way through in time. Maybe there will be fewer people trying tomorrow.

a-dev
06-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Oh, sorry. I meant Yautja.

That word is forbidden. P. will hear of this!

Tech-Com DN38416
06-05-2019, 01:41 PM

Great acquisition.

I just recommend to make sure he's sitting as low as he possibly can and don't bother going for the movie poster pose. Without a double elbow joint and a completely different wrist/hand to hold the shotgun the right way it just doesn't work. I go for both hands on the handlebars myself as you absolutely can't go wrong with that.

And you can afford to lose these lights I've circled as the movie bike doesn't have them.

Literally as soon as i opened it I just stuck arnie on it to take a couple picks to share but i'll have a proper play around soon and take the lights off. I remember one guy online selling custom made saddle bags for this bike so I'll see if I can get those.

Oh congrats on your friend being able to get a John Connor figure

a-dev
06-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Literally as soon as i opened it I just stuck arnie on it to take a couple picks to share but i'll have a proper play around soon and take the lights off. I remember one guy online selling custom made saddle bags for this bike so I'll see if I can get those.

Oh congrats on your friend being able to get a John Connor figure

Thanks man. Hope you can get one aswell. I hope we all can, he should be available in some form as a wider release.

Saddlebags have escaped me so far, I was never aware of anyone making them so I might be interested in those too if you ever track them down.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Thanks man. Hope you can get one aswell. I hope we all can, he should be available in some form as a wider release.

Saddlebags have escaped me so far, I was never aware of anyone making them so I might be interested in those too if you ever track them down.

I've just messaged a guy who does amazing work , his custom Terminator figures are insane! I've asked about the saddlebags and if he still makes/sells them I'll let you know.

Do you have one of those Harleys?

a-dev
06-05-2019, 06:05 PM
I do, a Maisto and an ERTL - I found my post with some comparison pics

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49984&p=9892354&viewfull=1#post9892354

snoop101
06-05-2019, 07:54 PM
I've been looking for a while and I can't seem to find either one.

MaulFan
06-05-2019, 07:58 PM
So, I didn't have a chance to even try ordering John today, but I looked at the site and see he's listed at $50. I'm already downsizing my NECA Terminators and I just can't bring myself to spend that much, even though he's very nice, I saw a picture earlier showing he's about same size as the old Kenner, so I'm just gonna stick with that unless a cheaper release, maybe without the bike, comes later. I know a good chunk of the cost is the bike, but I don't care about that, just want John really and I can't justify $50 for him.

a-dev
06-05-2019, 08:20 PM
While we've been assuming that a later release of John would not come with the bike DiFabio made the point that the bike was also a lot of one-off tooling to only see release via SDCC exclusive.

I don't know what to think.

guyver1
06-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Do you think they will make a general John Connor release with less accessories. Like no alt head and no T-800 arm..I’ll take that :lecture

snoop101
06-05-2019, 09:07 PM
John will definitely get re-released. Hard to gamble on which accessories will or will not be included when that does happen though.

DioramaMaker
06-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Call me a sucker (I know NECA) but I'm not taking any chances with that. We've waited damn near 10 years for a John to compliment our T2 collections and risking missing that over woulds or coulds is regrettable.

What happens when this fig DOESN'T see the light of day again? You'd be in a boat wishing you had at least picked one up.

06-05-2019, 09:59 PM
So, I didn't have a chance to even try ordering John today, but I looked at the site and see he's listed at $50. I'm already downsizing my NECA Terminators and I just can't bring myself to spend that much, even though he's very nice, I saw a picture earlier showing he's about same size as the old Kenner, so I'm just gonna stick with that unless a cheaper release, maybe without the bike, comes later. I know a good chunk of the cost is the bike, but I don't care about that, just want John really and I can't justify $50 for him.

$50 plus shipping, so $60 +.

snoop101
06-05-2019, 11:26 PM
Call me a sucker (I know NECA) but I'm not taking any chances with that. We've waited damn near 10 years for a John to compliment our T2 collections and risking missing that over woulds or coulds is regrettable.

What happens when this fig DOESN'T see the light of day again? You'd be in a boat wishing you had at least picked one up.

I agree 100%. But as a few others have said a lot went into this figure, no reusable parts (other than the endo arm as far as I'm aware) so I'm sure NECA will want to take full advantage of that and make more money on him down the line if they can. If they do release him again I can't imagine he'd come with his bike though. If anything it will be similar to how Newt was released in a two-pack with Ripley. T-800 and JC.

MaulFan
06-06-2019, 04:42 AM
John will definitely get re-released. Hard to gamble on which accessories will or will not be included when that does happen though.

For me, I'd take John and the backpack and be fine, as neat as having his computer would be, given the heavy use, i doubt I'd have him holding it on display. Even not having his backpack would be ok ultimately, but I would imagine a bare bones version would be bag and computer, no alt head, no Endo arm.

I agree 100%. But as a few others have said a lot went into this figure, no reusable parts (other than the endo arm as far as I'm aware) so I'm sure NECA will want to take full advantage of that and make more money on him down the line if they can. If they do release him again I can't imagine he'd come with his bike though. If anything it will be similar to how Newt was released in a two-pack with Ripley. T-800 and JC.

For cost reasons, I'd rather not see a 2-pack, but that's likely the avenue, make sure he sells, maybe a Connors 2 pack to get some more money from the work put into Sarah. Ideally, something like a solo release but GameStop or Target exclusive may be the avenue, GameStop would be preferable because you could order online.

06-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Well, I got the John Connor figure, but the check out was not working. It wouldn't respond. It's a good thing the demand from JC isn't huge.

Reefer Shark
06-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Got my order in! So stoked that I got my order through! Also couldn't resist and picked up the batman/pred Superman/alien sets... no interest in the batman or superman, but I have a 100% complete collection of NECA predators and the completist in me just couldn't have that hole in the collection lol

Tech-Com DN38416
06-06-2019, 11:18 AM
I do, a Maisto and an ERTL - I found my post with some comparison pics

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49984&p=9892354&viewfull=1#post9892354

Nice dude! Mine is actually an ERTL Thing is it didn't come with mirrors and a couple of the indicators were broken off but I got it for £25 so a bargain really seeing how rare they are!

dukefett
06-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Well, I got the John Connor figure, but the check out was not working. It wouldn't respond. It's a good thing the demand from JC isn't huge.

It's been the next thing to go sold out after the TMNT set the last 2 days, so there's some demand for it.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-06-2019, 02:27 PM
If anyone wants any custom figures made etc check out this dude on instagram. I joined it just so I could talk to him and request some bits to be made.

https://www.instagram.com/dikketoys_customs/

Honestly his work is amazing!

Drone
06-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Wow, very impressive customs indeed! Basically every single variation that a-dev has dreamed of, this guy has already made a custom for it!
And now that I see them all realized in plastic, I want them to exist as well, especially those versions of Kyle Reese!
Nice discovery and thanks for sharing!

a-dev
06-06-2019, 03:21 PM
If anyone wants any custom figures made etc check out this dude on instagram. I joined it just so I could talk to him and request some bits to be made.

https://www.instagram.com/dikketoys_customs/

Honestly his work is amazing!

https://i.imgur.com/QjdwDzG.gif

That is an incredible find! How the hell were we not aware of this guy?!

Wow, very impressive customs indeed! Basically every single variation that a-dev has dreamed of, this guy has already made a custom for it!
And now that I see them all realized in plastic, I want them to exist as well, especially those versions of Kyle Reese!

No kidding. Holy ***t.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-06-2019, 03:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QjdwDzG.gif

That is an incredible find! How the hell were we not aware of this guy?!

No kidding. Holy ***t.

He does commissions , like I asked about the T1 Sarah and he said cheapest way is to send him a sarah connor and (ripley for the legs) then it would be 100 euros for the work and materials plus shipping. It is expensive but his work is AMAZING!

I've said to him to let me know when he has made the saddlebags for the 1/10 scale HD Fatboy and he is going to make some more. I can't wait to put them on the bike.

I also asked about gun flashes and impact flashes. Might ask for some t1000 bullet squibs too.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-06-2019, 03:39 PM

No problem his work is truly amazing!

memyselfi
06-06-2019, 05:11 PM
He is also on Figure Realm here is his custom page

http://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=creator&id=34638

FWIW check out the site there are some incredible customs on there.

a-dev
06-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Thanks for that^

He does commissions , like I asked about the T1 Sarah and he said cheapest way is to send him a sarah connor and (ripley for the legs) then it would be 100 euros for the work and materials plus shipping. It is expensive but his work is AMAZING!

I've said to him to let me know when he has made the saddlebags for the 1/10 scale HD Fatboy and he is going to make some more. I can't wait to put them on the bike.

I also asked about gun flashes and impact flashes. Might ask for some t1000 bullet squibs too.

The problem I have is, if he asks ''so what'll it be?'' My answer would be ''all''.

I want probably the majority of his Terminator customs :monkey2

rjszar
06-06-2019, 06:01 PM
The guy does nice work. I'm almost tempted to go for the T1 Sarah, simply because I go for anything T1 Sarah, but I see too much Ripley in the figure. I think mine is a little more accurate from a clothing standpoint.

06-06-2019, 06:04 PM
The problem I have is, if he asks ''so what'll it be?'' My answer would be ''all''.

I want probably the majority of his Terminator customs :monkey2

Custom guy - "What'll it be?

a-dev "All"

Custom guy- "I may close early today. There's a 15 day hold on the Kyle Reese figures, but the T-800s you can take today.
*sees a-dev stuffing the figures in his jacket*
You can't do that"

a-dev- "WRONG!"

:lol

a-dev
06-06-2019, 06:19 PM
The guy does nice work. I'm almost tempted to go for the T1 Sarah, simply because I go for anything T1 Sarah, but I see too much Ripley in the figure. I think mine is a little more accurate from a clothing standpoint.

https://i.imgur.com/p6g0mE8.gif

Not in any way jealous of that....not at all...

Custom guy - "What'll it be?

a-dev "All"

Custom guy- "I may close early today. There's a 15 day hold on the Kyle Reese figures, but the T-800s you can take today.
*sees a-dev stuffing the figures in his jacket*
You can't do that"

a-dev- "WRONG!"

:lol

:lol :lol :lol

S. Griffin
06-06-2019, 06:28 PM

And face and hair, I'd say, too.

a-dev
06-06-2019, 06:34 PM

^I don't know why this has never been officially made by any company

All the other stuff, I guess I know why, but I still want it.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-07-2019, 11:18 AM
God damn $140 which includes import charges for a JC figure

I didn't realize Comic Con is over 6 weeks away! :slap :gah:

06-07-2019, 11:33 AM
God damn $140 which includes import charges for a JC figure

I didn't realize Comic Con is over 6 weeks away! :slap :gah:

$140? Is that from Ebay?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-07-2019, 05:19 PM
$140? Is that from Ebay?

Yeah was $110 total but god damn customs charge :slap

a-dev
06-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Global shipping program I presume?

Vector
06-07-2019, 06:25 PM
So, I missed out on ordering JC all three days. Slammed at work without a spare few minutes to try placing an order.

I will have to hope that he is offered for sale in some form by NECA after the con. I really wanted the dirt bike with him so we will see.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Global shipping program I presume?

Yeah , I messaged the seller back and forth and they live in San Diego , have a legit business and sells SDCC exclusives each year. Also said they will post me the JC they get from the NECA stand on the monday after SDCC so hopefully will have it buy the end of July.

It is a big hit but I thought ***** it , just take the hit as NECA may not release him again. I don't want to take the risk of not owning the figure.

If they release JC they'll probably just release him with a standard Galleria T-800.

a-dev
06-07-2019, 07:59 PM
Exactly. And for chaps like us playing the multiples game it's really no harm to us if/when he gets released later, we'll be buying that too.

06-08-2019, 12:47 PM
I can say that with my latest acquisition of JC, my NECA Terminator might be complete, with the exception of Kyle Reese and a full BD Ultimate T2 T 800.

a-dev
06-08-2019, 08:02 PM
It doesn't encourage me (or NECA I expect) when people say something like that. I mean basically you're saying I will not buy anything you make from Terminator from now on. I reward you for making this 'niche' character with zero further purchases. :lol

I know why you say it, why shouldn't you, but I doubt it's something NECA actually wants to hear.

06-08-2019, 08:34 PM
It doesn't encourage me (or NECA I expect) when people say something like that. I mean basically you're saying I will not buy anything you make from Terminator from now on. I reward you for making this 'niche' character with zero further purchases. :lol

I know why you say it, why shouldn't you, but I doubt it's something NECA actually wants to hear.

Well,there're nothing worth buying after T2. I'd buy a T3 T 800 and a full BD T3 T 800, but they said they won't make T3. Also, for some reason they don't make an ultimate Kyle Reese. I'd buy a T1 Sarah Connor too, but that's as unlikely as April Oneal from the 1990 film. I'm just satisfied with what we have so far. I won't buy more variations of the T 800 and the T 1000 from T2, unless is a full BD T800 from T2.

It's their fault if I don't buy more Terminator figures. Am I going to guy Dark Fate figures? Hell no.

DioramaMaker
06-08-2019, 08:52 PM

I do agree that there will be a rerelease of SOME sort given NECA's MO. But this as a whole package is really everything any of us long term T2 collectors need to tie up the loose ends, if that makes sense? Regrettably HT hasn't done anything to expand the license, so I've continued this NECA line long since I've left 1/10 collecting for 1/6. This is the first 1/10 fig I've bought in quite a good while, and probably will be the last for another extended period.

In regards to how we will see JC again, I do think you're right about a two pack. That's sort of been how I expected we would see him in the end anyhow.

Ideally, if NECA wanted to squeeze out one more little nugget from the long term folks, give us a Pescadero escape two pack with John and Sarah. You have Sarah being repainted in white with a few pieces of new tooling (like lower legs and feet).

All that being said, and I'm probably going to regret doing so, I am surprised to NECA's commitment to consistency with the line's paint apps. The ultimate releases and T2:3D editions were the perfect opportunity for them to reinvent the line with their flesh tone plastic and use printing tech, yet they didn't. I don't know if that sadly just has to do with the cost margins being weaker for the Terminator or if NECA is just good to keep the consistent style, but...

I think that's the only way a lot of us get drawn back in after John Conner, if they relaunch the line with new sculpts and the modern flesh tones.

DiFabio
06-09-2019, 09:07 AM
They got the most they could have out of that original clam shells bubble line.

As far as I'm concerned, before this John, they hadn't made a "new" Terminator figure since the ultimate Sarah Connor. Everything else has been sourced from that original line that were on the clam shells bubbles.

After John, I'm completely fine with them dropping Terminator altogether. They clearly have no passion for it anymore, not like they used to. So why keep bugging them to do more? The logic is that Terminator doesn't sell well without it being Arnold or whatever, but they don't really seem to try. Why not do two packs? An updated articulated Kyle Reese with Arnold. A John Connor with Arnold. How about stop being lazy and make a new Arnold with some double hinged elbows and knees that you can pump 20 variations out of? Just think of how many new Aliens and Predators they've made, then look at the Endoskeleton. That damn thing has been reissued a dozen times for the past 14 years since Cult Classics Series 3. 14 years. They could have done so many cool things in terms of articulation and sculpt with an all new Endo, but they just refuse to do it. They could make the quintessential robot figure in this scale, and keep reissuing that, but instead choose to sell a 2005 figure with some new color. That figure is horrible and the plastic is nearing china bootleg quality at this point. That's where they're at with Terminator.

Not to diss NECA, they've made a lot of cool things. But with Terminator, their stuff does seem second rate like they're just plodding along with no real focus. They have some of the best sculptors and artists in the business and it's just like, "what are you doing?". Think about that endo arm that comes with John. That was teased three years ago and is finally going to be in collectors hands next month. People guessed it was for John initially, only to be straight up told "not happening, doesn't sell, niche".

Like, if I'm a terminator fan and I sculpted that original Endoskeleton or the original Pescadero Arnold, surely I'd want to take a second shot at it a decade later?

a-dev
06-10-2019, 08:02 AM
Well, why keep bugging them to do more? Because of all the stuff you then go on to say basically, and what DioramaMaker said. The line still has potential to get us to buy more. Look at those customs from DikkeToys - granted the Kyle Reese variants would never be high on NECA's list but there's more T-800s and T-1000s they could do and a Pescadero Sarah Connor. Double-jointed elbow articulation, a bigger range of alternate hands etc

However, your point is probably that, yeah, they could be doing all this and they aren't, thereby demonstrating that they just don't care enough. They prefer their Predator and TMNT sales numbers. Can't argue with that.

MaulFan
06-10-2019, 08:25 AM
I'm sure as Terminator fans, NECA would love to do more, and John being an SDCC exclusive says to me they understand and respect it as the final missing piece in the T2 line and they want to throw the hardcore fans that have followed all along a bone, but they know their sales numbers don't warrant a mass release or much future effort on their part, unfortunately for us.

My guess is the Kenner retro figures may not be selling as well as hoped either and decision as to what to do with John was probably driven by that.

06-10-2019, 08:35 AM
I'm sure as Terminator fans, NECA would love to do more, and John being an SDCC exclusive says to me they understand and respect it as the final missing piece in the T2 line and they want to throw the hardcore fans that have followed all along a bone, but they know their sales numbers don't warrant a mass release or much future effort on their part, unfortunately for us.

My guess is the Kenner retro figures may not be selling as well as hoped either and decision as to what to do with John was probably driven by that.

This makes sense.

a-dev
06-10-2019, 10:40 AM
I do think it just doesn't occur to Randy that Terminator figures could do with different hand options just like Hot Toys and Enterbay provided. Take the T2 T-800, he is incapable of holding the shotgun upright like he does on the movie poster or in that classic slo-mo shot of him coming out of the elevator at Pescadero. The figure could really benefit from a double-elbow and a different hand to facilitate those poses that people tend to want to recreate but which end up looking kinda silly on the figure as it stands. Meanwhile the left barrell-grip hand looks stupid doing anything other than gripping the barrell of the shotgun so it'd be great if you could switch it out with a relaxed hand or a fist.

Look at John Connor, turns out the only hands he comes with are those bike-rider hands. What a missed opportunity for a thumbs up or high-five hand, really obvious John Connor-specific stuff I would have thought.

And who wouldn't want a T-800 smiling headsculpt?! Not something any company ever thinks of because alternate heads with Terminator are always battledamage - never alternate facial expressions.

This is stuff that I wonder has Randy even thought of at all to then evaluate the economy of it.

So there's certainly a tonne of ways to get me to keep buying.

MaulFan
06-10-2019, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's thought of, but again, it all comes down to re-use of parts to recoup costs. Yes, Aliens and Predators have seen a slew of figures, but I doubt they'd be where they are today if the early attempts to make money of past work failed. Those lines have thrived because the Kenner retro figures, the lost 12, the comic and video game and all other variants have sold as successfully as the primary figures to back up financially exploring more rare things and because of similarities they were able to give those niche figures because of how many parts could be re-used.

Terminator did benefit from this, the T2 and T1 lines had variants thanks to the ability to reuse so many pieces, otherwise we wouldn't have all the T-800 and T-1000 figures we got. The articulation and options lack because most of them were made when NECA more so made semi-articulated statues vs fully articulated figures, and at the time Terminator was huge thanks to Salvation, we got a load from NECA and Hot Toys and now Terminator has all but died down. They took a shot on Genisys Arnold because it's Arnold and still didn't have success, they gave us a few Ultimates with little work to try and keep things going, some Kenner figures, but ultimately, I think it's clear, around 2009 was the time to strike with Terminator products, and between a slew of disappointing movies and the age of the good ones, no one cares for them anymore, at least not enough general buyers to support effort out of NECA, now your'e down to the few die hards like us. Unfortunately collectors, Terminator has also had a share of pretty nice products from a number of manufacturers. The Alien and Predator franchise has had some gems, though extremely expensive, but nowhere near as many, so NECA almost has a monopoly on those franchise and they're touching on films no one ever expected so it's getting eaten up. Hot Toys did a great T2 line, and some decent T1 figures, and then there's the Enterbay figures, the Sideshow T1 PF. I think in general, Terminator merchandise demand is less than Aliens and Predator, then add to it, there's been plenty of it in comparison.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-10-2019, 02:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjY-QsSdjE

:slap:cuckoo:

06-11-2019, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure it's thought of, but again, it all comes down to re-use of parts to recoup costs. Yes, Aliens and Predators have seen a slew of figures, but I doubt they'd be where they are today if the early attempts to make money of past work failed. Those lines have thrived because the Kenner retro figures, the lost 12, the comic and video game and all other variants have sold as successfully as the primary figures to back up financially exploring more rare things and because of similarities they were able to give those niche figures because of how many parts could be re-used.

Terminator did benefit from this, the T2 and T1 lines had variants thanks to the ability to reuse so many pieces, otherwise we wouldn't have all the T-800 and T-1000 figures we got. The articulation and options lack because most of them were made when NECA more so made semi-articulated statues vs fully articulated figures, and at the time Terminator was huge thanks to Salvation, we got a load from NECA and Hot Toys and now Terminator has all but died down. They took a shot on Genisys Arnold because it's Arnold and still didn't have success, they gave us a few Ultimates with little work to try and keep things going, some Kenner figures, but ultimately, I think it's clear, around 2009 was the time to strike with Terminator products, and between a slew of disappointing movies and the age of the good ones, no one cares for them anymore, at least not enough general buyers to support effort out of NECA, now your'e down to the few die hards like us. Unfortunately collectors, Terminator has also had a share of pretty nice products from a number of manufacturers. The Alien and Predator franchise has had some gems, though extremely expensive, but nowhere near as many, so NECA almost has a monopoly on those franchise and they're touching on films no one ever expected so it's getting eaten up. Hot Toys did a great T2 line, and some decent T1 figures, and then there's the Enterbay figures, the Sideshow T1 PF. I think in general, Terminator merchandise demand is less than Aliens and Predator, then add to it, there's been plenty of it in comparison.

Yeah, Predator and Aliens are their bread and butter. Even the Godzilla stuff seems to sell well. I was so disappointed when the Rocky and Rambo lines ended, but at least we got some good stuff from it.

I'm surprised that NECA hasn't made Matrix figures. In fact, no one has, except HT, and that's just ONE figure.

snoop101
06-11-2019, 09:31 AM
McFarlane made a bunch of matrix figures.

06-11-2019, 09:40 AM
McFarlane made a bunch of matrix figures.

Early 2000's statues.

Reefer Shark
06-11-2019, 10:39 AM
N2 toys made articulated Matrix figures before McFarlane got the license, but they were crap lol

06-11-2019, 11:42 AM
N2 toys made articulated Matrix figures before McFarlane got the license, but they were crap lol

I remember those. The actually made a full line, including multiple Neo figures and most if not all of the good guys.

Reefer Shark
06-11-2019, 01:12 PM
I remember those. The actually made a full line, including multiple Neo figures and most if not all of the good guys.

ha, and a sentinel too! But they really were so bad, even by the standards back when they were produced. I'd buy a few characters if NECA had the license!

DioramaMaker
06-12-2019, 08:49 AM
So it looks like we are getting Dark Fate NECA figs.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190612/78b2aeb9b32e644fd14dd8056da63451.jpg

snoop101
06-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Predictable.

Psycho50501
06-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Looks like the T800 comes with double elbows finally.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

06-12-2019, 09:07 AM
a-dev got his wish, more Terminator figures. :lol

jye4ever
06-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Did you see the sunglasses he’s wearing on the second head lol

He would make a good Blade I guess lol

snoop101
06-12-2019, 09:17 AM
:lol Yeah what's up with that? The figures look pretty good regardless.

06-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Did you see the sunglasses he’s wearing on the second head lol

They're big.

a-dev
06-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Out of nowhere or what.

Well, those look great. Too good not to buy even if the film does end up being another trainwreck. I've got the Genisys figures so it only makes sense anyway.

snoop101
06-12-2019, 09:27 AM
The only Genisys figure I bought was the battle damage pops. Didn't care for the Asian T-1000.

jye4ever
06-12-2019, 09:28 AM
His DF look blows away his Gen look

I’ll be customizing me some other Arnold movie looks out of this.

MaulFan
06-12-2019, 09:35 AM
I have both Genisys T-800s, nice figures, never got the alternate T-1000 for my Terminator collection, bought one cheap and customized a blue jumpsuit Hannibal Lecter with it though :lol

henzINNIT
06-12-2019, 09:36 AM
The figs look good. Much better than the Genisys figures. I'm in if the film doesn't suck.

snoop101
06-12-2019, 09:38 AM
His DF look blows away his Gen look

I’ll be customizing me some other Arnold movie looks out of this.

Yeah the beard does a lot for his look. He looks about 10 years younger than he did in Genisys lol. I hope we see some pretty extensive battle damage happen to him through out the film, could make for some cool figures.

a-dev
06-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Someone on ToyArk said he passed on the previous Sarah because of the likeness - wut? They nailed her T2 appearance. Too serious looking for T1 but bang-on for T2 - and a superior likeness to Hot Toys.

MaulFan
06-12-2019, 10:01 AM
The T2 Sarah face was perfect, the hair on the hair down head sucks, I was looking at it in my parts bag the other day and I'm considering doing a major custom on it, at first I worried about ruining it, but I got to thinking, if I will never use it anyway, what do I have to lose.

a-dev
06-12-2019, 10:39 AM
The Rev-9 and Grace are conspicuous by their absence. I doubt they'll be made. If there's anything else it'll be a battle-damaged T-800

The T2 Sarah face was perfect, the hair on the hair down head sucks, I was looking at it in my parts bag the other day and I'm considering doing a major custom on it, at first I worried about ruining it, but I got to thinking, if I will never use it anyway, what do I have to lose.

I don't mind the hair-down sculpt of the hair, a big mane for sure but it was pretty big at Cyberdyne and in making of interviews at the time.

06-12-2019, 10:58 AM
NECA is counting on a-dev big time. Don't let them down.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-12-2019, 11:16 AM
I like the arnold head sculpt on them DF figures, also comes with awesome weapons, can't wait to kit bash all my duplicate (even triplicates lol) figures from T1 & T2 :goodpost: :gun

jye4ever
06-12-2019, 11:21 AM
This just might be his last movie hopefully it does him justice.

Damn we never got a proper follow up to CTB. :monkey2

At least Stallone got Creed and Rambo 4 the last good Arnold movie was TL!

Stallone won at the end.

a-dev
06-12-2019, 11:36 AM
NECA is counting on a-dev big time. Don't let them down.

2 of each perhaps.

Surprised they're making these really. The Genisys figures are still available and are being discounted in most places.

I'm convinced John Connor would have sold better, especially if released concurrently with other obvious T2 figures.

jye4ever
06-12-2019, 11:39 AM
a-dev what did you do to secure your JC.

06-12-2019, 12:02 PM

You dont want to know...hehe. :monkey3

https://i.imgur.com/j66nZm5.gif
:chase

MaulFan
06-12-2019, 12:23 PM
The Rev-9 and Grace are conspicuous by their absence. I doubt they'll be made. If there's anything else it'll be a battle-damaged T-800

I don't mind the hair-down sculpt of the hair, a big mane for sure but it was pretty big at Cyberdyne and in making of interviews at the time.

My issue with the hair is where it parts around her face, just looks ugly and very much like a toy “wig”, I think a slight thinning there would help.

a-dev
06-12-2019, 12:43 PM

You dont want to know...hehe. :monkey3

https://i.imgur.com/j66nZm5.gif
:chase

SSShhhhhh!!

Oh, um, ehhh...rjszar kindly ordered one on my behalf, Jye!

Johnny Utah
06-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Sculpted by Trevor Grove.

snoop101
06-12-2019, 01:06 PM
He's one of the best in the business. He did the Blade Runner 2049 sculpts for NECA aswell, which are all great.

Johnny Utah
06-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Finally got Wallace and Luv last week. Mini Jared looks amazing.

One day hopefully he can sculpt Blade Runner 82.

dukefett
06-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Those are some great sculpts!

snoop101
06-12-2019, 01:13 PM
NECA said possible 1/4 versions to come.

snoop101
06-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Finally got Wallace and Luv last week. Mini Jared looks amazing.

One day hopefully he can sculpt Blade Runner 82.

Yeah OG Blade Runner figures would be sick!

K1LLJOY
06-12-2019, 02:08 PM
Great sculpts but I'm only interested in more T1 or T2 for my shelf.

JonWes
06-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I pre-ordered both. But we need Grace and a new Endo. I get starting here... just hope it doesn't start and end here. It's possible they weren't sure what they could show of the others early on so these are wave 1.

06-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Sculpted by Trevor Grove.

I'd love to see what a brand new T2 or T1 figure would look like in 2019.

a-dev
06-12-2019, 02:33 PM

Same. Windrix did a fine job some 10 years ago but I'd love to see Trevor Grove take a shot now.

jye4ever
06-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Same. Windrix did a fine job some 10 years ago but I'd love to see Trevor Grove take a shot now.

It is forbidden

TooNiche
06-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Worried now. Typically when NECA produces excellent figures like this the movie then sucks.

On the plus side if they do a Grace, if nothing else it can be used to make a custom Mariette from Blade Runner 2049. Win win.

And on the topic of wanting new likenesses, I wish they'd commission Grove to do a new Ripley. And T2.

jye4ever
06-12-2019, 04:03 PM
They should put Grove on their new DC license......

Wait.....

Ohhhhhhhh

06-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Mel Mad Max, Matrix, Drive, Beetlejuice, They Live, Lethal Weapon, Escape from New York, Die Hard, Men in Black...so many figures I'd buy from NECA.

S. Griffin
06-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Mel Mad Max, Matrix, Drive, Beetlejuice, They Live, Lethal Weapon, Escape from New York, Die Hard, Men in Black...so many figures I'd buy from NECA.

I'm still annoyed they put out that ****ing Snake Plissken mego figure, and then when it didn't sell very well, just said that people aren't interested in Escape from New York figures. We are. We just didn't want to buy that stupid Mego thing!

dukefett
06-12-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm still annoyed they put out that ****ing Snake Plissken mego figure, and then when it didn't sell very well, just said that people aren't interested in Escape from New York figures. We are. We just didn't want to buy that stupid Mego thing!

Same deal with the They Live figures for me. I might get them because I have nothing from the movie, but that's literally the only reason. But man they look bad.

FriendlyPiranha
06-12-2019, 09:24 PM
The figures look good for what they are, although the end result might not be even close. The only chance I'll get these is not to go see the movie. I know it's gonna suck, so there won't be any connection to this subject. That set of weapons is pretty sick for sure.

06-13-2019, 09:35 AM

NECA has a way of killing lines sometimes by either releasing bad figures or re releasing the same figures with different accessories or repainted, and then act surprised because they didn't sell.

henzINNIT
06-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Every new Terminator film they tackle makes me grumble more about the lack of T3 figures (from Neca).

a-dev
06-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Yeah. That full battle damaged T-850. How does Randy not want to make that. Sure the film sucks - just like Genisys did and was always going to but they went ahead and made those figures. Now Dark Fate is probably gonna suck and they're making figures from that. Alien Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R, Predators, The Predator - movies ranging from mediocre to absolute horse***t, all have figures from NECA.

S. Griffin
06-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Yeah. That full battle damaged T-850. How does Randy not want to make that. Sure the film sucks - just like Genisys did and was always going to but they went ahead and made those figures. Now Dark Fate is probably gonna suck and they're making figures from that. Alien Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R, Predators, The Predator - movies ranging from mediocre to absolute horse***t, all have figures from NECA.

And still no Mike Harrigan.

Davea1982
06-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Yeah. That full battle damaged T-850. How does Randy not want to make that. Sure the film sucks - just like Genisys did and was always going to but they went ahead and made those figures. Now Dark Fate is probably gonna suck and they're making figures from that. Alien Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R, Predators, The Predator - movies ranging from mediocre to absolute horse***t, all have figures from NECA.A-Dev you have the Enterbay T2 shotgun don't you. Would you mind measuring it for me please? Got an awesome printable version but need measurements for making sure it's printed accurately.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190618/d45a4d20d320d5077275fbf84d09a63e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190618/e38e6ca46fedc0caf86966f70174b28e.jpg

a-dev
06-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Yep, I'll get those for you when I'm at home.

Davea1982
06-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Yep, I'll get those for you when I'm at home.Thanks bro!! Probably gonna do a run if your interested?

a-dev
06-18-2019, 10:49 AM
I might just be :)

Davea1982
06-18-2019, 11:14 AM
I might just be :)Awesome dude. Will get a print from your measurements and send a pic.

S. Griffin
06-18-2019, 12:33 PM
A-Dev you have the Enterbay T2 shotgun don't you. Would you mind measuring it for me please? Got an awesome printable version but need measurements for making sure it's printed accurately.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190618/d45a4d20d320d5077275fbf84d09a63e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190618/e38e6ca46fedc0caf86966f70174b28e.jpg

Trigger guard is supposed to be cut out if you're going for accuracy.

Davea1982
06-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Trigger guard is supposed to be cut out if you're going for accuracy.
457948No worries that's just a render so still wip

Tech-Com DN38416
06-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Awesome dude. Will get a print from your measurements and send a pic.

Are you 3D printing on for the Hot Toys T800?

If so have you ever tried printing any 1/10 scale guns/weapons etc?

a-dev
06-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Davea1982, the gun is 6.5inches long. That's a little over 16cm.

The widest part appears to be the handle which is the tiniest smidge under 1cm.

Are you 3D printing on for the Hot Toys T800?

It's for a 1:4 scale shotgun. Currently only available with the Enterbay clean figure.

Davea1982
06-18-2019, 11:53 PM
Davea1982, the gun is 6.5inches long. That's a little over 16cm.

The widest part appears to be the handle which is the tiniest smidge under 1cm.

It's for a 1:4 scale shotgun. Currently only available with the Enterbay clean figure.Thanks man. Will update you all when I have it in hand.

MaulFan
06-21-2019, 05:39 AM
If anyone missed out on John, NECA did some housekeeping of orders and cancelled out bogus ones and will be holding another preorder today to sell off the remaining stock.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/06/20/second-chance-at-neca-san-diego-comic-con-2019-exclusives-349526

Captain Clown
06-21-2019, 02:51 PM
John wasn't even one of the items in that preorder. :(

snoop101
06-23-2019, 11:55 AM
John wasn't even one of the items in that preorder. :(

I saw that. People are their Instagram are pissed. :lol

dukefett
06-23-2019, 11:08 PM
Terribly run; there's no reason they should've bothered. Do a lottery or something instead; at least people would feel like they had a chance.

Davea1982
06-26-2019, 02:16 PM
Hey guys quick update on the 1/4 scale Winchester. Please bear in mind they need sanding and painting by me when I get them but this should give you an idea on them so far. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190626/1ef0ee69e6a9bf0c8a4f204c562bacb9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190626/7ff8bba5582f2fd2f0f4d931b912c9b2.jpg

Davea1982
06-27-2019, 01:34 PM
Should have these tomorrow. Will paint and post pics next week. Might also be offering a plasma rifle for the 1/4 Endo. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190627/70116c0b797719dfc1993a2a2d716733.jpg

Tech-Com DN38416
06-27-2019, 08:20 PM
If you are using some sort of 3D printing would you be up for printing 1:10 scale guns? Assault rifles , Light machine guns , basically any modern weapons?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-27-2019, 08:21 PM
Oh is anyone here collecting the 'Build the Terminator' magazines and currently building the 1:2 scale endo?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-27-2019, 08:46 PM
I finally have a better camera an bought a portable photo studio that have LED's built into it, thought I'd share some shots.

I repainted my other Kyle Reese figure and gave him a metal pole from his final scene. The coat cam out shinier than I wanted! As it's supposed to be a cotton coat but I think it looks ok. Might do his vest not sure yet!

Here is my Tanker Pursuit T800 , re-did the blood effects as thought they were too dull. Minor but looks a lot better!

So here is my other Tanker Pursuit T-800. This is when the truck blows up and he is walking through the fire. I realized Dikke Toys customs done this but he also added a anime flame effect around the T-800 so I ordered one from china , waiting for it to arrive.

I also took some great pics of some other Terminator 1 and 2 figures. Here is my kit bash Terminator lol.

Gonna do some T1000 shots tomorrow!

S. Griffin
06-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not turning my monitor sideways.

Tech-Com DN38416
06-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not turning my monitor sideways.

No idea why they came out that way, they were the right way up on my desktop when I uploaded them. Weird!

Davea1982
06-27-2019, 11:00 PM
If you are using some sort of 3D printing would you be up for printing 1:10 scale guns? Assault rifles , Light machine guns , basically any modern weapons?Hey buddy I pmd you.

a-dev
06-28-2019, 08:42 PM
Oh is anyone here collecting the 'Build the Terminator' magazines and currently building the 1:2 scale endo?

I've seen the early issues in person and didn't like the look of the chrome, too 'bright', like the Hot Toys Quarter scale. In any case I didn't want to commit to that expense.

I finally have a better camera an bought a portable photo studio that have LED's built into it, thought I'd share some shots.

I repainted my other Kyle Reese figure and gave him a metal pole from his final scene. The coat cam out shinier than I wanted! As it's supposed to be a cotton coat but I think it looks ok. Might do his vest not sure yet!

So here is my other Tanker Pursuit T-800. This is when the truck blows up and he is walking through the fire. I realized Dikke Toys customs done this but he also added a anime flame effect around the T-800 so I ordered one from china , waiting for it to arrive.

Yeah Reese's coat could do with being dulled down. Otherwise very good though. Great work on the blood on him and the T-800.

Speaking of Dikke Toys did he respond to you about the Saddlebags?

Tech-Com DN38416
06-29-2019, 03:40 AM
I've seen the early issues in person and didn't like the look of the chrome, too 'bright', like the Hot Toys Quarter scale. In any case I didn't want to commit to that expense.

Yeah Reese's coat could do with being dulled down. Otherwise very good though. Great work on the blood on him and the T-800.

Speaking of Dikke Toys did he respond to you about the Saddlebags?

I bought a few issues then thought ***** it i'll just subscribe it will be fun the have an endo that size. I have like a spare set of issues 1-6 I believe, i'll have to check in my drawer, was gonna keep them as spares but might sell them on ebay.

What would you suggest I do to dull the color? as i'm new to painting etc I'm just really getting into it, learning about paints etc.

Well I guess once I have all the parts I could spray them or pay someone to spray them before I assemble it? Would look awesome when done right, a weathered battle endo!

Yes I've chatted a lot with the dikke toys guy about the saddlebags and he said he will do them, just waiting for him to shoot me a message when he has done them. I will shoot him a message about the saddle bags later to remind him. I'll also ask if he can make a slot to slide the shotgun into.

P.S For some reason those pics uploaded horizontally even though they are viewed vertically? Strange!

a-dev
06-29-2019, 06:00 AM
I have no painting knowledge I'm afraid, you seem to be above me in that arena :lol

I must contact Dikke toys aswell. That saddlebag set he did is a must. A number of his other customs too are things I've always wanted from NECA but it looks like they aren't going to make.

Jake207
06-29-2019, 08:16 AM
I finally know what happened to T-1000 https://youtu.be/ccTzuF6jVH8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech-Com DN38416
06-29-2019, 09:06 AM
I have no painting knowledge I'm afraid, you seem to be above me in that arena :lol

I must contact Dikke toys aswell. That saddlebag set he did is a must. A number of his other customs too are things I've always wanted from NECA but it looks like they aren't going to make.

Yeah dude his customs are ****ing insane! I inquired about the T1 Sarah Connor and he said send him a NECA t2 sarah connor & NECA Ripley plus 100Euros for materials and labor (Plus postage costs) I guess that's fair for a one of a kind figure, I mean who else owns a T1 sarah??? Probably less than a dozen! Same for a Pescadero sarah too I think.

But yeah if you ask about the saddlebags too he might be more inclined to make them if he has multiple requests!

Tech-Com DN38416
06-29-2019, 09:55 AM
Just had these effect pieces come through from china, thought i'd take a quick unprofessional pic to see what you guys think of them.

a-dev
06-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Looks terrific^ you got the right colour aswell, those flame effects also come in red but I didn't much like them and had to go back to ebay and find them in orange.

I use them with my custom Hot Toys Endoskeleton (which I bought from a member here many years ago)

https://i.imgur.com/BRUk6UG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bJPppxL.jpg

Yeah dude his customs are ****ing insane! I inquired about the T1 Sarah Connor and he said send him a NECA t2 sarah connor & NECA Ripley plus 100Euros for materials and labor (Plus postage costs) I guess that's fair for a one of a kind figure, I mean who else owns a T1 sarah??? Probably less than a dozen! Same for a Pescadero sarah too I think.

But yeah if you ask about the saddlebags too he might be more inclined to make them if he has multiple requests!

A Pescadero Sarah would be my higher priority, that one looked really great. Not that the T1 Sarah looked bad, just the face is most definitely T2.

For me it'd be

-Saddlebags
-Cleaved-man T-1000
-Pescadero Sarah Connor
-T1 eye surgery T-800
-T1 movie poster T-800
-T2 chip reset T-800

Not all at once :lol

I'd love the Kyle Reese variants too but I'd need to buy more of the stock figure. I only have 2, one of which I already harvested his coat and arms from for the T2 Cyberdyne Sarah Connor.

DioramaMaker
06-30-2019, 12:00 AM
Be careful grabbing those KO flame effects off eBay; I hear that the quality varies wildly and some of the cheaper ones have heavy fumes coming off of them that are fairly persistent. It's such a same that Tamashii hasn't supported the effects line much in recent times.

rjszar
06-30-2019, 03:03 AM
What would you suggest I do to dull the color? as i'm new to painting etc I'm just really getting into it, learning about paints etc.

Well I guess once I have all the parts I could spray them or pay someone to spray them before I assemble it? Would look awesome when done right, a weathered battle endo!

You can use dull coat to dull the paint down, just like you can use gloss coat to make it shiny. To avoid having to do that, you should be using flat acrylic paints on hard and soft vinyl. If you are using enamel paint, over time you will find that it gets very tacky. Might seem ok at first, but then it just starts to get soft. Something in the vinyl I guess.