PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36

a-dev
01-03-2019, 07:17 PM
The full reveal will presumably show us the endo-arm in glass tube accessory. Hopefully he has his laptop thing....and I hope his backpack is removable. I'm a little worried that it might not be.

Alice
01-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Sarah's webbing is removable, so I'm sure the backpack will be, too.

a-dev
01-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Just seems to be fitting too perfectly in this shot with possibly even paint-bleed from the jacket onto the straps.....

Caped Baldy
01-04-2019, 12:40 AM
So that image was on the back of the box for the power arm Terminator. Very old school way of revealing new figures in a line. I like it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwB9dFOWsAAHGIP?format=jpg&name=900x900

Back in the 80s/90s before the internet and social media, back of the box advertising was one of the only ways of knowing of new figures that were coming. Imagine the suprise of going in store, seeing one of these on the shelf, grab one and look at the back to see JC with motorbike was coming.

NosferatuBill36
01-04-2019, 05:54 AM
Wonder if the figures on the back means we will see a rerelease of Sarah, T-1000 Motorcycle Cop into Targets.

Alice
01-04-2019, 08:19 AM
Randy was asked, specifically, about the Endo-Glow Endoskeleton getting a re-release, and he said none of that stuff is seeing a re-release. It's all just there for the sake of completion.

a-dev
01-04-2019, 11:28 AM
So that image was on the back of the box for the power arm Terminator. Very old school way of revealing new figures in a line. I like it.

Back in the 80s/90s before the internet and social media, back of the box advertising was one of the only ways of knowing of new figures that were coming. Imagine the suprise of going in store, seeing one of these on the shelf, grab one and look at the back to see JC with motorbike was coming.

Yeah, Randy must have figured that with the kenner figures about to hit stores he would hold off on showing it on twitter beforehand, knowing that people would make the surprise discovery in shops like the old days.

Man I can't wait. Only problem is, with the amount of John Connors I want for different scenes it'll cost me a small fortune and leave me with a **** tonne of spare bikes :lol - assuming he's only being released the one way, with the bike. Major first world problem.

FriendlyPiranha
01-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Just seems to be fitting too perfectly in this shot with possibly even paint-bleed from the jacket onto the straps.....

I'm pretty sure it's removable. I'm only concerned with that ugly abdomen joint. Why they couldn't make it underneath the rubber shirt, like they always do? It looks like the lower part of the tee is part of the diaper, so we will automatically end up with two tones of black on his shirt.

SP1772
01-04-2019, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it's removable. I'm only concerned with that ugly abdomen joint. Why they couldn't make it underneath the rubber shirt, like they always do? It looks like the lower part of the tee is part of the diaper, so we will automatically end up with two tones of black on his shirt.

Might be to make him sit on the bike better. Not sure. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clown Prince of Crime
01-04-2019, 05:11 PM
They got the hair right on the figure. Neca gives excellent haircuts, unlike other companies. The bike is kewl. I never had the kenner figure, but my friend had one. Neca should make one for the kenner T 800. Put a purple "T" on the gas tank.

Vector
01-04-2019, 06:17 PM
This is excellent news!!

Back when John was first revealed I started looking for a 1/10 or 1/12 dirt bike that I could use or modify but nothing was really close to the movie bike.

I will probably recreate this scene where the T-800 lifts John from his bike and places him on the Harley.

a-dev
01-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Does make one wonder if they could do the Fatboy and the T-1000's police bike without logos. If they were accurate in every other way I'd be quite happy - though obviously the quality couldn't be on par with, say*, the ERTL Fatboy.

*that's a nice bike....

01-04-2019, 06:30 PM
This is excellent news!!

Back when John was first revealed I started looking for a 1/10 or 1/12 dirt bike that I could use or modify but nothing was really close to the movie bike.

I will probably recreate this scene where the T-800 lifts John from his bike and places him on the Harley.

Hopefully Neca makes a JCVD figure. :monkey3

Vector
01-04-2019, 06:42 PM
Hopefully Neca makes a JCVD figure. :monkey3

:lol Yeah, the stunt double was pretty evident in those scenes. Not so bad in the one above since he is only on screen for a second but when he jumps the Harley down into the cement river it looks like the Butterball Cenobite from Hellraiser is riding the bike. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwMMpmaQPPA

a-dev
01-04-2019, 06:48 PM
That was one of the changes in the 3D release that I quite liked - digitally replacing obvious stuntmen with Arnold.

Vector
01-04-2019, 06:56 PM
That was one of the changes in the 3D release that I quite liked - digitally replacing obvious stuntmen with Arnold.

Cool, I didn't see the 3D version in the theater. I may have to check it out on blu-ray.

Alice
01-04-2019, 09:13 PM
That was one of my biggest irritations as the picture has gotten clearer over the years. That, and I think the windscreen in the truck in the drainage canal bothered Cameron just as much as it bothered me. A minor continuity error that was easily fixed. Too bad several others aren't as easily remedied (like when Arnie drops his pistol to pick up the tear gas launcher after the SWAT shootout, but has it to shatter T-1000 in the steel mill). Also, they finally covered up T-1000's junk in the arrival scene with the added bit of concrete. That was getting WAY too obvious as the picture quality improved.

Although, Arnold's dong flopping around in the arrival in T1 is still present. Now that I think about it, it goes along with all the other intentional symmetry of the two movies. The unintentional symmetry of both bad guys having clearly exposed genitalia upon arrival.

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
01-04-2019, 11:07 PM
"Arnold's dong flopping around" has variant written all over it.

a-dev
01-04-2019, 11:48 PM
I knew there had to someone else who felt that w-....aitaminute....

FriendlyPiranha
01-05-2019, 03:21 AM
Might be to make him sit on the bike better. Not sure. Just a guess.

I think you're right. I guess it's a compromise I can live with.

jye4ever
01-05-2019, 04:48 AM
Things I lol in the last few pages.

a-dev stuck with 15 mini bikes on his shelf.
JCVD
Cenobite
T-1000 4K dong

a-dev
01-05-2019, 09:21 AM
I know an ebay seller who parts out some of NECA's 2-packs and accessory packs, maybe he'll do the same with John. I won't be able to order all the figures I want up front from BBTS given the price it'd be and the customs fee's I'd incur so I figure I might be able to get some of the quantity off him - thus hopefully reducing the amount of extra bikes I end up with :lol

jye4ever
01-05-2019, 10:01 AM

a-dev
01-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Just spotted Khev grinning at me through the window :lol

jye4ever
01-05-2019, 10:09 AM
Your glasses serve you well lol

NosferatuBill36
01-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Randy was asked, specifically, about the Endo-Glow Endoskeleton getting a re-release, and he said none of that stuff is seeing a re-release. It's all just there for the sake of completion.

See, you say that(and I'm not disagreeing with you), but then BBTS has the Terminator 2 3D Arnold up for Pre-order again.

So either Randy is lying, or he has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

I'd ask on Twitter, but it seems a number of people have ALREADY asked him and he simply doesn't answer them. He generally seems to only respond to the same 5-6 individuals and answers the exact same 5-6 questions, day in and day out.

He only responds to new people on Twitter if they have breasts in their profile pic.

...well, I guess that's one idea.

Drone
01-05-2019, 02:14 PM
You were exactly right, Drone.
Yes, very happy to see the bike reveal! Although now I have the same concern as you: will I be able to get as many John Connors as I want without having to get the same number of bikes?

I think I'm wanting a total of four JC's to recreate the following scenarios:
- Galleria hallway
- Canal chase
- Cyberdyne mission
- Steel Mill showdown

I'm inclined to believe that there will eventually be a non 'Ultimate Edition' John Connor released, sans bike but with other accessories instead like the endo arm that was previously shown. If the Ultimate Edition release doesn't also include the endo arm or (at the very least) alternate hands for John, then I'll likely just buy two and hold out hope for a stand-alone release later on.

a-dev
01-05-2019, 02:40 PM
I dunno if he'd be released by himself without the bike - that would be an ideal scenario I remember talking about back during SDCC - 2 options, buy him with the bike or buy him without.

I could see him being reissued in a 2 pack with the T-800 or maybe even a full T2 cast multi-pack.

Khev
01-05-2019, 02:42 PM
Just spotted Khev grinning at me through the window :lol

What the :lol

Khev
01-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Is there a clip of those digitally altered stuntman shots anywhere? I'm curious as to how seamless they are.

a-dev
01-05-2019, 02:58 PM
What the :lol

Heck of a weird post if Jye had deleted his pic :lol You're in there as an Easter Egg if you hadn't noticed.

Is there a clip of those digitally altered stuntman shots anywhere? I'm curious as to how seamless they are.

Yeah check out the canal chase parts in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqmepmwXis

Khev
01-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Thanks for posting that. I like the insert where Arnold first grabs John off the bike but man, that cartoony paste job of Arnold's face onto Peter Kent for the extended "slow motion" jump into the canal was totally obvious and quite bad. I'd have rather they just left Kent alone for that one (and I always thought that he looked cool and close enough to Arnold in that scene anyway.) Now it just gives what was a legit on-camera stunt a level of phoniness that totally undermines what they pulled off in the first place IMO.

Oh well.

a-dev
01-05-2019, 03:10 PM
I thought that looked OK in motion but after your post I looked at it again and paused it and, yeah, it did suddenly look very photoshopped on.

What I also thought however was what a cool sequence that whole chase is.

Khev
01-05-2019, 03:14 PM
What I also thought however was what a cool sequence that whole chase is.

Definitely. Even today that cinematography, choreography, pacing, music are all top notch.

jye4ever
01-05-2019, 03:39 PM
First time i’m seeing those fixes.

Like Khev said the jump is freaking horrible the face has that cgi floating thing going on it moves weird lol

The grab is better but had it been just a second longer it would’ve looked just as bad it cuts away just in time before the weird cgi movement starts.

Oh for christs sake I just had too...

Thanks Vector see what you went and did I couldn’t rest until that itch was scratched lol

01-05-2019, 03:42 PM
:lol I never had a problem with the stunt men because it wasn't that obvious on VHS. The only one that looked kind of weird was the JCVD guy, but the jump always looked good to me.

guyver1
01-05-2019, 03:46 PM
I wasn’t going to get the John, but I like they included his dirt bike ..so now it’s a must

Hopefully it will have his “ Easy Money “ computer device :lol

01-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Hopefully it will have his “ Easy Money “ computer device :lol

It's strange how all the sequels ignored John's computer/hacking skills. I always thought that's how he probably won the war against Skynet.

DioramaMaker
01-05-2019, 04:13 PM
I'll do what I did with Sarah, get two. Which was facilitated merely because I managed to get an extra for cheap at Hastings when they closed. That way if I ever expand my display beyond the single shelf, that will cover me.

I would love to see them redo all four main characters in the skintone plastic and print tech. I'm honestly surprised that hasn't happened yet.

Khev
01-05-2019, 05:13 PM
First time i’m seeing those fixes.

Like Khev said the jump is freaking horrible the face has that cgi floating thing going on it moves weird lol

The grab is better but had it been just a second longer it would’ve looked just as bad it cuts away just in time before the weird cgi movement starts.

Oh for christs sake I just had too...

Literally laughing out loud!! :lol

But man, that freaking jump, it was literally one of the coolest stunts in the movie and it will always be tainted now. Just the way that they lowered the bike in real time but slowed down the audio in order to simulate slow-motion, even knowing the trick it still totally works! But I just can't unsee that freaking floating photoshopped head now. What the hell Cameron.

jye4ever
01-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Literally laughing out loud!! :lol

But man, that freaking jump, it was literally one of the coolest stunts in the movie and it will always be tainted now. Just the way that they lowered the bike in real time but slowed down the audio in order to simulate slow-motion, even knowing the trick it still totally works! But I just can't unsee that freaking floating photoshopped head now. What the hell Cameron.

Funny enough I never bought the 3D import nor the 4K domestic release because of the horrible transfer.

Fine by me I don’t want those fixes.

a-dev
01-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Meh, I still don't mind them. Another fix was making sure the windshield of the T-1000's truck stays in place when it crash lands into the canal which it doesn't in the original cut and yet reappears moments later.

01-05-2019, 06:15 PM
I'm sure some here will paint the Public Enemy logo on the figure, so here's a pic of the logo. No need to paint the whole logo.

https://i.imgur.com/fpnYXDz.jpg

guyver1
01-05-2019, 06:17 PM
It's strange how all the sequels ignored John's computer/hacking skills. I always thought that's how he probably won the war against Skynet.

Until he became part of Skynet as a terminator in the last Terminator film :pfft:

MaulFan
01-05-2019, 07:55 PM

Salvation didn’t, he hacked the moto terminator and his way into the Skynet facility.

rjszar
01-06-2019, 05:39 AM
I'm sure some here will paint the Public Enemy logo on the figure, so here's a pic of the logo. No need to paint the whole logo.

https://i.imgur.com/fpnYXDz.jpg

Maybe we should just ask Hunter to do some decals. I bet a bunch of us would want to do this.

DiFabio
01-06-2019, 07:08 AM
4K, home video and YouTube clips were a mistake.

If I had my way, I’d get rid of youtube, eliminate things like Netflix and seize everyone’s Blu Ray/DVD/Home entertainment systems. The only way a film should be seen is after it’s release is in theaters on the big screen during a special, limited edition engagement. The ability to rewind, fast forward, and ultimately pause to scrutinize every detail was not what was intended.

jye4ever
01-06-2019, 07:12 AM
And VHS.

Do you wish cgi was never invented?

DiFabio
01-06-2019, 07:15 AM
No, CGI is fine as long as it’s used sparingly as simply a tool to help tell a story.

Without CGI, the T-1000 wouldn’t be as convincing or feel as real.

P.
01-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Without CGI, the T-1000 wouldn’t be as convincing or feel as real.he's not convincing as real anyway. straight out of stupid avengers movies, just way ahead of time, which doesn't make it any less dumb, but guilty for all those stupid ironmeh/shame black effects.

DiFabio
01-06-2019, 08:51 AM
he's not convincing as real anyway. straight out of stupid avengers movies, just way ahead of time, which doesn't make it any less dumb, but guilty for all those stupid ironmeh/shame black effects.

There P. goes. There P. goes again. Racing through my brain. And I just can't contain. This feelin' that remains. There P. blows. There P. blows again. Pulsing through my vein. And I just can't contain. This feelin' that remains. There P. goes, there P. goes again.

a-dev
01-06-2019, 08:58 AM
I always remember that song from So I married an Axe-murderer.

DiFabio
01-06-2019, 09:12 AM
So to get back on topic. I’m quite happy to finally be getting John Connor after so many years.

It’s been what, 10 years since the line debuted when it was just variations of the same T-800 buck?

Time flies. When those Toy Fair pics debuted 10 years ago, that was the most excited I’ve been for Terminator merchandise, ever.

To finally have ultimate, super articulated and detailed renditions of the Terminator, John Connor, Sarah Connor and the T-1000 is quite exciting. I’d be cool if it ends there.

a-dev
01-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Agreed with all but your last sentence. I really want a Cleaved Man T-1000 and a NECA version of Pretzel Man T-1000 (although my NECA/McFarlane hybrid is pretty cool) and I'd also love a Pescadero/Chets autoparts jacket Sarah Connor. Then there's probably ways they could get me to rebuy most of the same ***t over again - skintone plastic, new headsculpts, new accessories, new articulation points.

But the other stuff you said, yeah. Even Hot Toys coming along with their stuff soon after didn't dull my excitement for NECA's line. That was a fantastic day in 2009.

DiFabio
01-06-2019, 10:09 AM
I once thought as you did, but as I get older, I’m finding less is more.

One day I looked and I suddenly had all these versions of the same character, sometimes 10 times over. Most of which were the same exact figure with the only key difference being a head or accessory swap. It became too compulsive and an actual burden when it came time to grow out of it and sell/get rid of them. I’m happy to finally have a John Connor. Would I get grotesque, inhuman, creature variations of T-1000, sure I’d love that. But the main look of T-1000 has been done and we finally have John Connor to go with the other three key characters with a nice bike to boot.

a-dev
01-06-2019, 10:58 AM
I can respect that. I have a nightmare on my hands here.

I was once going to sell off a lot of my NECA stuff but I went back on it and am in balls deep as ever. Overall my toy collection is incomprehensibly large - that's not a boast, it wouldn't be given the sentiments you've just expressed - 25 years of this.

01-06-2019, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't mind a new ultimate battle damaged T800 from T2.

NosferatuBill36
01-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Randy just said on Twitter that he would consider rereleasing the Precinct Assault and Tech Noir Terminator Ultimates.

MaulFan
01-06-2019, 07:36 PM
I once thought as you did, but as I get older, I’m finding less is more.

One day I looked and I suddenly had all these versions of the same character, sometimes 10 times over. Most of which were the same exact figure with the only key difference being a head or accessory swap. It became too compulsive and an actual burden when it came time to grow out of it and sell/get rid of them. I’m happy to finally have a John Connor. Would I get grotesque, inhuman, creature variations of T-1000, sure I’d love that. But the main look of T-1000 has been done and we finally have John Connor to go with the other three key characters with a nice bike to boot.

Same for me, when I built my Terminator collections, I wasn’t close to a final home and display space and I had huge illusions of what I might do. Now I am and in that reality, I’ve cut back, I still have most, but I’ve parted with Biker T-1000 and Man or Machine T-800, trying to capture the overall essence of what I love in each film without cluttering. I feel like my collection differs from a lot of people I see online, most people seem to collect a single property or a single brand of product, my collection spans many properties and manufacturers and to do classy displays where I can really appreciate my pieces entails some minimalism.

a-dev
01-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Randy just said on Twitter that he would consider rereleasing the Precinct Assault and Tech Noir Terminator Ultimates.

Don't think I need any more of those. In any case it'd be useless to me if they're only being rereleased within the borders of USA as seems to be the case with the Ultimate T2 Uncle Bob.

Other discussion I see happening on twitter has been about the Fatboy and the absence of the Public Enemy logo on John's T-shirt. Apparently they did talk to Harley Davidson regarding the fatboy but they

wouldn't allow it

and also no substitute without logos is possible -

Would have to be a different cycle altogether since they own the TM on the design, body, shape etc
If we can’t do it the right way we won’t do it

And regarding the Public Enemy T-shirt

we tried to get PE on board but they wanted to get paid

The hope was seemingly that Public Enemy wouldn't require a fee and be content with -

Free advertising and promotion and the idea that it looks cool for the figure to be wearing it. 🤔

Just explaining why it’s not on there. Costs enough to make limited collector toys to begin with. We can’t pay them on top of the other costs involved in bringing these collectibles to you affordably.

Fair enough.

01-07-2019, 10:13 AM
.And regarding the Public Enemy T-shirt

we tried to get PE on board but they wanted to get paid

The hope was seemingly that Public Enemy wouldn't require a fee and be content with -

Free advertising and promotion and the idea that it looks cool for the figure to be wearing it. ��

Rappers want to get paid? Shocking. :lol

dukefett
01-07-2019, 01:14 PM
lol that's like all those choosing beggars who say "but think of the exposure!"

01-07-2019, 01:54 PM
It's strange because they don't even need to use the full logo, since only a few letters are visible. Can't they write on the shirt something else, but with the exposed letters matching what's visible when John wears the military shirt over the PE black shirt?

Maybe they thought of it and it's not possible either? I find it hard to believe. It's just some letters. You can't own that, right?

a-dev
01-07-2019, 03:04 PM
The way they made it only a few letters would be visible but maybe they were going to make it a different way if Public Enemy had allowed them to freely use the logo.

No rights - the figure we're getting, camo shirt sculpted together with the T-shirt
With rights - camo shirt and T-shirt sculpted entirely separate so the full logo could be used

dukefett
01-07-2019, 03:22 PM
At least it's probably one of the simplest logos to reproduce for those who want to.

S. Griffin
01-07-2019, 03:55 PM
It's strange because they don't even need to use the full logo, since only a few letters are visible. Can't they write on the shirt something else, but with the exposed letters matching what's visible when John wears the military shirt over the PE black shirt?

"Dublin Enema"

guyver1
01-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Anybody interested in that upcoming 1/12 T2 from that third party company :dunno

Darkseed
01-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Great Twins 1/12 T2? Time for Toys is the official distributor I guess, they have a youtube video of production piece.

dukefett
01-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Anybody interested in that upcoming 1/12 T2 from that third party company :dunno

I've got a preorder for it, there's a new video review in the thread for it. I actually don't have any NECA T2 figures; so looking forward to getting one finally!

KoBE
01-08-2019, 01:43 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190108/bdcfa6064891ffeedc43a2164b84551d.jpg

a-dev
01-08-2019, 01:52 PM
I forgot today is Tuesday. Awesome shot...although there is a lack of camo effect in that shirt - ''final product may vary'' it says on twitter and in this case I hope it does.

Otherwise that picture is the stuff of my dreams.....that's not a pathetic statement at all :D :lol

guyver1
01-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Wow they got his proportions right down to his weird neck :lol

Will he be $24.99, $29.99 or $39.99 :slap

rjszar
01-08-2019, 02:00 PM
At least it's probably one of the simplest logos to reproduce for those who want to.

We can get Hunter to do logo decals for us.

Johnny Utah
01-08-2019, 02:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190108/bdcfa6064891ffeedc43a2164b84551d.jpg

Bought. Pure nostalgia.

Caped Baldy
01-08-2019, 02:30 PM
What if one of his legs isn't long enough to fit on the pedal? :chase

a-dev
01-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Well that's a ****ing given unfortunately.

01-08-2019, 04:31 PM
I like the Guns n Roses (GnR) reference on the bike.

snoop101
01-08-2019, 08:58 PM
That's so cool.

snoop101
01-08-2019, 09:09 PM
On a side note is Sarah Connors vest removable?

a-dev
01-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Her green vest? No you perv!

I jest, the black thing is removable, yes.

edit- I should clarify, it's removable by popping her upper torso off. A possible problem though is there can be black paint from the combat vest on her underlying green vest.

jye4ever
01-08-2019, 09:18 PM

a-dev
01-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Is it just me or does his camo shirt in the new pic now look like it's a separate piece from the T-shirt underneath? It didn't seem that way on the SDCC prototype

a-dev
01-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Well, he seems to have aged more or less OK from I can see. Didn't seem to get much taller after T2.....

snoop101
01-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Her green vest? No you perv!

I jest, the black thing is removable, yes.

edit- I should clarify, it's removable by popping her upper torso off. A possible problem though is there can be black paint from the combat vest on her underlying green vest.

Hahaha. Thanks for the info. I'll have to try that.

Jason Marko
01-08-2019, 09:39 PM

I wonder if he lives in a single or a double wide...

jye4ever
01-08-2019, 09:39 PM

Well, he seems to have aged more or less OK from I can see. Didn't seem to get much taller after T2.....

:lol :lol :lol

I want the variant...

S. Griffin
01-08-2019, 10:11 PM
Is it just me or does his camo shirt in the new pic now look like it's a separate piece from the T-shirt underneath? It didn't seem that way on the SDCC prototype

Looked like a separate piece when I saw it in person back in July.

a-dev
01-09-2019, 12:29 AM
:lol @ Jye. For some reason looking at that one I feel like Pulp Fiction John Travolta should be standing on the other side wondering where the **** he is and how he got there.

Looked like a separate piece when I saw it in person back in July.

Huh. Well, good, better that way.

snoop101
01-09-2019, 12:54 AM
I wonder if NECA would re-release any of the ultimates. I'd love to get another Sarah Connor and T-800.

Otomofan
01-09-2019, 05:47 AM
As a Guns N Roses super fanatic, the GnR tampo was the first thing that caught my eye. I immediately had to find stills from the movie to compare. Apparently on the real bike it said "XR" so I'm guessing this is just a way to skirt copyright issues.

I really hope the final product has the GnR though cause that's awesome. And I certainly hope such a small thing is small enough to escape the attention of Axl and his lawyers, cause he's known to be a tad...litigious, especially for the most trivial things.

01-09-2019, 08:25 AM
I really hope the final product has the GnR though cause that's awesome. And I certainly hope such a small thing is small enough to escape the attention of Axl and his lawyers, cause he's known to be a tad...litigious, especially for the most trivial things.

Don't worry, NECA can pay Axl with fried chicken and an all you can eat buffet.

Alice
01-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Even though GnR was featured in T2, and even had a T2 tie in music video, Axl has sued Jim Cameron twice. Once for Tom Arnold's line in True Lies ("You aren't her parents anymore, her parents are Axl Rose and Madonna, you can't compete with that kind of bombardment.") and once for Michael Biehn's line in Aliens ("Ripley! You blew the transaxle, you're just grinding metal!").

a-dev
01-09-2019, 09:18 AM
What?! :lol

If that's true then NECA might actually get in trouble.

Alice
01-09-2019, 09:23 AM
My post may have been completely fabricated.

a-dev
01-09-2019, 09:26 AM

01-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Well, a few years ago someone aske Randy on twitter about GNR figures, and Randy said that he didn't want to deal with AXL.

dukefett
01-09-2019, 01:55 PM
As a Guns N Roses super fanatic, the GnR tampo was the first thing that caught my eye. I immediately had to find stills from the movie to compare. Apparently on the real bike it said "XR" so I'm guessing this is just a way to skirt copyright issues.

Yeah I'm really surprised it's there.

henzINNIT
01-09-2019, 07:01 PM
So to get back on topic. I’m quite happy to finally be getting John Connor after so many years.

It’s been what, 10 years since the line debuted when it was just variations of the same T-800 buck?

Time flies. When those Toy Fair pics debuted 10 years ago, that was the most excited I’ve been for Terminator merchandise, ever.

To finally have ultimate, super articulated and detailed renditions of the Terminator, John Connor, Sarah Connor and the T-1000 is quite exciting. I’d be cool if it ends there.

Ahh the memories. This reveal blew my mind back then, crazy to think it started so long ago. Still down for pretty much any character they can squeeze out and quietly hoping Randy softens toward T3 and Salvation.

snoop101
01-10-2019, 12:23 AM
Yeah that's when the excitement factor for Terminator collectibles was at its peak for me. The prototypes NECA had on display were amazing. There's still quite a bit they can do with the T1/T2 line, I hope it continues but if it ends with John Connor I think I'll be okay with that. I'd be down with some figures from Salvation.

FriendlyPiranha
01-10-2019, 02:26 AM
... Still down for pretty much any character they can squeeze out and quietly hoping Randy softens toward T3 and Salvation.

Same here. I really hope so.

Caped Baldy
01-10-2019, 07:14 AM
https://youtu.be/8qff55yCMXk

https://youtu.be/htf38PzKDEQ

a-dev
01-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Wow, the effect when he sprayed the compressed air on the T-1000 was really cool. Though I wasn't planning to open that figure if I get him.

DiFabio
01-10-2019, 04:47 PM
I actually just giggled like a little girl when he took that can and sprayed the figure with it and saw the reaction. That color effect was awesome.

a-dev
01-10-2019, 06:05 PM
It actually looked somewhat like the ripple effect that goes up through him when he's malfunctioning in the steel mill.

Otomofan
01-11-2019, 04:05 AM
Well, a few years ago someone aske Randy on twitter about GNR figures, and Randy said that he didn't want to deal with AXL.

One of the most amazing/surreal nights of my life was going backstage and meeting Axl at a GNR show in 2002. At the time, Buckethead was the main guitarist. I straight up asked Axl if he'd ever do action figures, and he told me that Buckethead was in negotiations with Sideshow for a 12 inch figure. Obviously it never happened though. Enterprising customizers would probably be able to make one easily though, if anyone really wanted to.

ridetofight
01-12-2019, 07:10 AM
I've always been put off by the kenner tribute figures. i just think they look goofy. that power arm t-800 is pretty fresh though. very cool.

DiFabio
01-12-2019, 08:10 AM
Yeah the power arm one is the only cool one.

And I guess John is technically a Kenner tribute as well. Curious to see what the packaging will be like for that figure.

dukefett
01-12-2019, 04:18 PM
I've always been put off by the kenner tribute figures. i just think they look goofy. that power arm t-800 is pretty fresh though. very cool.

I think that's kind of the point. Some of the toys they made back then made no sense and didn't have anything to do with the movie lol.

snoop101
01-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Yeah the power arm one is the only cool one.

And I guess John is technically a Kenner tribute as well. Curious to see what the packaging will be like for that figure.

I think he's part of the ultimate series, so not necessarily a Kenner tribute.

Caped Baldy
01-12-2019, 08:18 PM

Bartender Lloyd and Nick Stahl John Connor confirmed! :lecture

:chase

01-12-2019, 08:31 PM

Mullet kid and freaky licky hospital guy are my favorite characters. :chase

a-dev
01-12-2019, 09:05 PM

I'm enthused by these latest sentiments from Randy. He mentioned in a video interview at SDCC that the movies are not being forgotten. Lets see what happens. There's still potential in T1 and T2 which is what NECA seems to be all about, hopefully they have the same things in mind that I do - the likes of Cleaved Man T-1000, Pretzel Man T-1000, Pescadero Sarah Connor, Ultimate Steel Mill T-800, T1 eye surgery T-800 and the like. If they need to they can throw in some rehashing, that's perfectly fine if we get some new stuff in there too.

As for T3 and Salvation toys - I think T3 would be more likely if either of those - there's a certain likelihood that I'd buy them - just not as definitive as anything from T1 and T2.

MaulFan
01-13-2019, 06:45 AM
They made Genisys T-800s, I’m sure T6 versions are forthcoming.

jye4ever
01-14-2019, 04:44 AM
NECA factory after a-dev puts in his orders...

https://i.gifer.com/157R.gif

Johnny Utah
01-14-2019, 07:40 AM
No way will they not make figures from the new film.

01-14-2019, 09:54 AM
They'll make Sarah Connor and the new villain. Arnie, I don't know. The ones from Genesis didn't sell, but who knows?

jye4ever
01-14-2019, 10:29 AM
I like this photo of NECA’s factory when they first made the T-800 mold.

riblets
01-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to do a quick share. Love these new kenner tribute figs!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190114/12ac5d3f5bb0b012d203fda77aedd5db.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

a-dev
01-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Nice to see what it looks like in box next to the original

I saw this on facebook, don't think it's from anyone here or I'm sure they'd have posted it:

chaosMonkeyPoo
01-14-2019, 04:04 PM
I think that's kind of the point. Some of the toys they made back then made no sense and didn't have anything to do with the movie lol.

I absolutely think thats the point. They were ridiculous designs meant to appeal to kids and as a 9-10 year old when those hit I totally ate them up. I'd even take this weird bondage Terminator that was "Secret Weapon" Terminator. Though, I do think that Kenner homages of Terminator doesn't quite have the legs that the Aliens & Predator lines do. Terminator just didn't have as many really interesting figures as those other lines - but the first few were pretty rad.

rjszar
01-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Nice to see what it looks like in box next to the original

I saw this on facebook, don't think it's from anyone here or I'm sure they'd have posted it:

That's pretty amazing.

a-dev
01-17-2019, 12:46 PM
That sumbitch stole a diorama idea from my wishlist.

MaulFan
01-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Too bad they couldn't use the old half endo / half Arnie art.

a-dev
01-17-2019, 03:33 PM
It's partially on there. I assume you're talking about the Kenner tributes. The bubble is much bigger than it was on the original Kenner figure and they've gone with that yellow backdrop on the bottom half of the card for some reason.

jye4ever
01-28-2019, 03:49 PM
I’m testing out that chrome pen everyone keeps raving and I have to say it works as advertised.

a-dev
01-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Not bad, not bad. Although the teeth shouldn't be chrome.

jye4ever
01-28-2019, 03:55 PM
True I messed up lol

a-dev
01-28-2019, 04:14 PM
Last time I tried to chrome paint a McFarlane Endoskeleton it was a disaster. It never dried - my fingers smudged it, it collected hairs and dust and the figure was ruined. There was probably some prep-work I was supposed to do and I didn't.

SP1772
01-28-2019, 04:23 PM
I’m testing out that chrome pen everyone keeps raving and I have to say it works as advertised.

Which pen is that?

S. Griffin
01-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Last time I tried to chrome paint a McFarlane Endoskeleton it was a disaster. It never dried - my fingers smudged it, it collected hairs and dust and the figure was ruined. There was probably some prep-work I was supposed to do and I didn't.

Molotow isn't a paint per se. It's more of an ink. It's kind of runny, but hairs and crap shouldn't stick in it as long as they aren't already on the thing. It dries pretty quickly, but don't touch it for several days, otherwise the shine dulls.

jye4ever
01-28-2019, 04:46 PM

Which pen is that?

Molotow 2mm chrome $10.00 free shipping on Amazon.

snoop101
01-28-2019, 05:08 PM
Jye be sure to use some sort of clear coat. The unfortunate thing is most will dull the shine of the chrome quite a bit. Those pens look great but the chrome will never really "set" unless sealed. Some say to use pledge future floor shine.

jye4ever
01-28-2019, 05:16 PM
Very good will do :rock

snoop101
01-29-2019, 12:36 AM
Very good will do :rock

Great job by the way. I used the same pens for the exposed endoskeleton parts on my NECA Arnie T-800's. I have yet to try it on a Endo.

jye4ever
01-29-2019, 04:27 AM
Yeah it’s my first time using this pen. That’s just my first coat i’ll give it another pass next week.

It’s a spare broken Endo I had stored in a box for this very purpose just to play around with this pen.

Now I have to repaint his teeth white lol

jye4ever
02-09-2019, 10:08 AM
Super happy with the final results after the clear coat I had to repaint the teeth over the chrome which gave it a nice effect.

100% dry left no finger smear or anything I let him dry for 7 days without touching and i’m not touching him again lol

a-dev
02-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Looks terrific.

jye4ever
02-09-2019, 10:22 AM
a-dev his eyes are supposed to red right.

It’s amazing just how dark and dull he is out of the package.

snoop101
02-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Super happy with the final results after the clear coat I had to repaint the teeth over the chrome which gave it a nice effect.

100% dry left no finger smear or anything I let him dry for 7 days without touching and i’m not touching him again lol

Wow that looks great man. Awesome work. What did you end up using for a clear coat?

jye4ever
02-09-2019, 01:55 PM
A cheap can of kylon lol

I went thin on the application and even then in some spots it dulled the chrome but only a little.

But he’s dry as a bone which is what I wanted but i’m still not touching him lol

02-09-2019, 01:56 PM
He looks very happy.

nekromantik
02-09-2019, 04:03 PM
that looks really good well done.
i kinda regret not being in the hobby when the t2 endos were made by HT.
My 1/4 scale is awesome but it has issues.

a-dev
02-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Hopefully the official John Connor reveal and solicitation next week. :pray:

memyselfi
02-09-2019, 06:00 PM
So can this be taken as a "Flat no" on New movie figures ?

02-09-2019, 06:13 PM
So can this be taken as a "Flat no" on New movie figures ?

Randy lies a lot. His "No", mean nothing. His "never safe to assume" most likely means, yes. They made figure from that Genesis crap. I doubt they'll pass on a new Sarah Connor, evil Arnie, and whatever else this film has to offer.

snoop101
02-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Randy lies a lot. His "No", mean nothing. His "never safe to assume" most likely means, yes. They made figure from that Genesis crap. I doubt they'll pass on a new Sarah Connor, evil Arnie, and whatever else this film has to offer.

Well said. I'm almost positive we'll see NECA Termiantor 6 figures.

jye4ever
02-11-2019, 04:55 AM
He looks very happy.

Then mission success :lol

a-dev
02-11-2019, 03:02 PM

Nothing at all wrong with this figure's legs. Perfectly natural positioning. Lets leave it like that and take pictures intended to show off the figure and demonstrate why people should want it.

P.
02-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Nothing at all wrong with this figure's legs. Perfectly natural positioning. Lets leave it like that and take pictures intended to show off the figure and demonstrate why people should want it.http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=443985&d=1549922341https://i.imgur.com/wl6iDpj.png

a-dev
02-11-2019, 03:17 PM
:lol

I just find it so weird. To be among the niche group of people interested in collecting little poseable recreations of the human form....and apparently having so little awareness of that form. It seems antithetical to me.

Captain Clown
02-12-2019, 12:58 AM
That watch is surprisingly distracting.

NosferatuBill36
02-12-2019, 10:16 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=443985&d=1549922341https://i.imgur.com/wl6iDpj.png

Lmao. I just spilled cereal all over the place.

I generally WOULD have interest in Kenner Terminator figures, but this wave is so poorly done. No major updates to the endoskeleton(in which I've had two break in the past because of how fragile they are), the power-arm Arnold which looks like crap, and a T-1000 that I have no interest in.

With recent news today of McFarlane grabbing the DC Comics and Harry Potter licenses, maybe this will be the kick in the ass NECA needs to improve.

Or not.

a-dev
02-12-2019, 10:37 AM
The endo is overdue some kind of new treatment. They've been using that same body since the early 00s if I'm right, whenever Cult Classics series 3 came out. While the torso was more accurate than McFarlane I never really liked anything else about it.

S. Griffin
02-12-2019, 11:14 AM
The endo is overdue some kind of new treatment. They've been using that same body since the early 00s if I'm right, whenever Cult Classics series 3 came out. While the torso was more accurate than McFarlane I never really liked anything else about it.

Agreed

snoop101
02-12-2019, 11:30 AM
I could never get their endos to stand up. Even with those plastic stands they sell separately.

a-dev
02-12-2019, 11:54 AM
It's always been a flimsy kind of figure - the McFarlane was more stable provided the parts weren't warped. Although McFarlane gave him stupidly long feet to aid in this.

It's a difficult scale and price-point to make a good Endoskeleton really. It could be better, I just don't know by how much and maybe that's NECA's thinking on it. Maybe it wouldn't be enough of an improvement to be worth their time and money investment.

DioramaMaker
02-12-2019, 11:41 PM
[emoji38]

I just find it so weird. To be among the niche group of people interested in collecting little poseable recreations of the human form....and apparently having so little awareness of that form. It seems antithetical to me.This is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I know I shouldn't give a hoot about how other people enjoy their collections but seeing some of the "poses" (i.e. a bad approximation of the anatomical position with some accessories hooked on a non-holding hand) just drive me nuts. Somehow you have these instances of turning $300 photorealistic figures into something that looks like it's from Hasbro.

And then there's the "lol I suck a posing" comment with them. I couldn't guess that! Then practice! All it takes is a mirror and some study of the way a human moves. Or try to mimick a pose from a film.

Animal Mother.
02-13-2019, 04:36 AM
Lmao. I just spilled cereal all over the place.

I generally WOULD have interest in Kenner Terminator figures, but this wave is so poorly done. No major updates to the endoskeleton(in which I've had two break in the past because of how fragile they are), the power-arm Arnold which looks like crap, and a T-1000 that I have no interest in.

With recent news today of McFarlane grabbing the DC Comics and Harry Potter licenses, maybe this will be the kick in the ass NECA needs to improve.

Or not.

Awww man, I love the new Kenner Power Arm Figure. Granted, I would have liked him to be a little more accurate to the Kenner figure, but I'm still really happy with how he came out. Don't care for the others though (and didn't care with the originals either when I was a kid).

https://i.imgur.com/4qojoBA.jpg

I agree with you on the Endo's though. I've tried to accept them a few times going back to Cult Classics, but always ended up selling or throwing them away. I hate to do it, but if the end product is good I guess I'll pony up for those new fancy versions.

a-dev
02-13-2019, 05:27 AM
This is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I know I shouldn't give a hoot about how other people enjoy their collections but seeing some of the "poses" (i.e. a bad approximation of the anatomical position with some accessories hooked on a non-holding hand) just drive me nuts. Somehow you have these instances of turning $300 photorealistic figures into something that looks like it's from Hasbro.

And then there's the "lol I suck a posing" comment with them. I couldn't guess that! Then practice! All it takes is a mirror and some study of the way a human moves. Or try to mimick a pose from a film.

Yeap, just so weird. I mean, sure -

Not all of us have great cameras
Not all of us know how to use cameras to greatest effect
Not all of us have the best resources and space to take the best pics
Not all of us know anything about photo-editing trickery
Not all of us have customizing and repainting know-how and skills

But come onnnnn

We all have human bodies. Posing should be as basic as it gets. Unless you have rickets your legs don't look like that. And even the way he has both the left arm and the left leg forward makes the figure look totally lopsided....although it's possible one of his legs is in fact longer than the other given that's been a recurring issue with NECA's figures since they started doing this kind of hip articulation.

P.
02-13-2019, 06:00 AM
https://i.imgur.com/PD6Qq6L.jpg

MaulFan
02-13-2019, 07:44 AM
Forget understanding how to pose the body, there's a seam down the size of the pants to the zipper that you just make line up.

a-dev
02-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Forget understanding how to pose the body, there's a seam down the size of the pants to the zipper that you just make line up.

Exactly. The sculpt practically tells you how to pose it. But anyway, point thoroughly made :lol I'll move on.

P.
02-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Neca manager prepares figures for a photo shoot:

https://i.imgur.com/kKsKgEe.jpg

Jester
02-15-2019, 08:13 PM

I just find it so weird. To be among the niche group of people interested in collecting little poseable recreations of the human form....and apparently having so little awareness of that form. It seems antithetical to me.This is profound.

Neca manager prepares figures for a photo shoot:

https://i.imgur.com/kKsKgEe.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Francisco_de_Goya%2C_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_% 281819-1823%29.jpg/300px-Francisco_de_Goya%2C_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_% 281819-1823%29.jpg

a-dev
02-16-2019, 07:28 PM
No Terminator display at Toy Fair at all then. That's weird. I would have thought they'd at least have the stuff we've already seen on display.

edit - I was wrong.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-neca-crash-bandiccot-spyro-and-everything-else-333855

Hardly worth posting though, nothing new.

P.
02-17-2019, 02:30 AM
Hardly worth posting though, nothing new.yep!

https://i.imgur.com/TZ0IA6Q.jpg

a-dev
02-17-2019, 06:49 AM
Hilariously some people will apparently take it out of the box and be quite happy to leave it like that :slap :lol

henzINNIT
02-17-2019, 12:02 PM
Where's John? C'mon Neca, I had no expectation for new Terminator product but they managed to show less than that even.

a-dev
02-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Tis a curious hold-up on the full reveal and solicitation.

FriendlyPiranha
02-18-2019, 02:59 AM
Tis a curious hold-up on the full reveal and solicitation.

This could mean they haven't obtained licensor's approval.

Otomofan
02-18-2019, 06:19 AM
I warned you guys.....Axl Rose loves to sue. I bet he can't stand that little "GnR" sticker unless he gets like 80% of the profits.

a-dev
02-23-2019, 07:03 AM
Got the Power-Arm T-800 today. Why on earth did Kenner give him a pink T-shirt anyway? That was long before the gender-norm deconstruction that's going on today. Such a bizarre choice for the time.

Drone
02-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Likely a carry-over of popular color trends of the 80's.
I'm recalling these atrocious skateboarder toys, where pretty much all of the characters wore some shade of pink.
Assuming my childhood mind is remembering the era correctly, the electric blue / neon pink colors seen on the Asian dude here were actually a pretty popular color combination in the 80's - at least here in the U.S.

a-dev
02-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Skateboarders. Luminous colours and so forth. OK I can see that.

Jester
02-23-2019, 10:44 PM

Animal Mother.
02-24-2019, 06:40 AM
Got the Power-Arm T-800 today. Why on earth did Kenner give him a pink T-shirt anyway? That was long before the gender-norm deconstruction that's going on today. Such a bizarre choice for the time.

I was around 9 or 10 when those first hit, prime target age and I hated when they did stuff like that. And yet later on they gave them all more accurate movie colors as Universal Studios theme park exclusives anyway.:slap

I was able to get Motorcycle Cop and Sarah Connor in the past couple weeks at some decent prices, and got a couple Endoskeletons coming. Still need to pick up a Final Battle T2 and standard Ultimate T-1000, and I'll feel caught up. Then I gotta work on T1 stuff.

a-dev
02-24-2019, 04:05 PM
<<wrestler pic>>

I can also buy that, wrestling was huge then, men wearing all sorts of colours.

I was around 9 or 10 when those first hit, prime target age and I hated when they did stuff like that. And yet later on they gave them all more accurate movie colors as Universal Studios theme park exclusives anyway.:slap

I was able to get Motorcycle Cop and Sarah Connor in the past couple weeks at some decent prices, and got a couple Endoskeletons coming. Still need to pick up a Final Battle T2 and standard Ultimate T-1000, and I'll feel caught up. Then I gotta work on T1 stuff.

Yeah I've said before that when I was a child my favourite Batman figures were the ones that did not stray from the source material much, if at all - I wanted the most basic Animated Series Batman and was never able to find one. The toy shelves were stocked with everything but that. Of the movie Batmans, again I wanted the ones that looked most like the movie and not the made-up crap. Same went for Terminator. I tolerated the gimmicky nonsense Kenner made because it was the only stuff they seemed willing to make. But if I'd had my way I would have had NECA's movie line back then. When they appeared in 2009 they were very honestly the Terminator figures of my childhood dreams.

The Kenner tributes are an ironic kind of nostalgia. Being able to smile now at the crap that I actually only begrudgingly accepted back then :lol

DiFabio
02-25-2019, 10:29 AM
I’m sure Kenner went with the pink from some sort of market research that dictated that kids are attracted to bright, colorful toys.

The prototype for the Ultimate T-800 originally had an accurate grey shirt, but they of course changed it to red pink for the final product.

Vector
04-02-2019, 08:22 PM

a-dev
04-02-2019, 08:36 PM

I was almost gonna bump the thread yesterday asking the same damn question.

a-dev
04-13-2019, 08:21 AM
John was supposed to be out this Summer. Given that he hasn't even been officially unveiled yet and the usual wait-times from solicitation to release - are we even on for late Summer at this point?

snoop101
04-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Yeah probably not. Hopefully they show him within the next couple of weeks then.

MaulFan
04-17-2019, 04:36 AM
Wasn't he shown off at SDCC 2018, or was it NYCC in the fall?

a-dev
04-17-2019, 08:09 AM
Shown off but still no official unveiling of the figure with all the accessories he's going to have. I can't actually remember which of the shows it was but I do know Randy had been saying he'd be out in the Summer of '19

dukefett
04-17-2019, 12:17 PM
https://news.toyark.com/2018/07/18/sdcc-2018-neca-godzilla-terminator-horror-halloween-teased-306947

He was at last SDCC, so hopefully he's not too far out. SDCC 2019 is about 4 months from now.

a-dev
04-17-2019, 04:27 PM
It has definitely been a longer wait than I was expecting. Has anything else at that SDCC '18 not yet been formally revealed and solicited?

Tech-Com DN38416
05-09-2019, 05:25 PM
I can't wait for NECA to release that john connor figure, so many ideas for dioramas with the other figures in the T2 collection :D

I'm new to the site so anyone got any advice where I can share pics of my NECA Terminator 1 & 2 Collection? Planning to do some dioramas in my detolf cabinet, seen some epic ones on this site through google images!

Thanks

a-dev
05-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Post them in here, we don't get enough activity in this thread. It's always just me bumping it, usually wondering where the hell John Connor is at :lol

Tech-Com DN38416
05-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Post them in here, we don't get enough activity in this thread. It's always just me bumping it, usually wondering where the hell John Connor is at :lol

Cheers for replying dude , I had to wait a long time for admin to allow me to post on here. I love seeing what other people do with there Terminator figures, especially the Hot Toys ones as they are pricey! I just stick to my NECA ones. Huge Terminator fan , got loads of pics to share so will be posting soon!

a-dev
05-10-2019, 05:10 PM
There's been a big spamming problem in the recent past with sections of the forum being drowned in hundreds of threads of it requiring massive cleanup - so new members now get screened. Good boardname by the way.

I collected the Hot Toys figures but never lost my enjoyment of the all-sculpted 1:10 scale action figure. As we've reminisced in this thread the first reveal of NECA's T2 line about 10 years ago was a toy-collecting dream come true. With Hot Toys not making anything from the classics anymore it's NECA all the way and I find that no bad thing because we're getting a much bigger range than any other company has ever put out.

They've gone awfully quiet on John though :tap Supposed to be out this summer and I don't see how that can happen now since we haven't even been able to preorder him yet.

S. Griffin
05-10-2019, 07:36 PM
It has definitely been a longer wait than I was expecting. Has anything else at that SDCC '18 not yet been formally revealed and solicited?

These guys, I think:
https://i.imgur.com/8NF6fvE.jpg

Tech-Com DN38416
05-12-2019, 03:05 PM
There's been a big spamming problem in the recent past with sections of the forum being drowned in hundreds of threads of it requiring massive cleanup - so new members now get screened. Good boardname by the way.

I collected the Hot Toys figures but never lost my enjoyment of the all-sculpted 1:10 scale action figure. As we've reminisced in this thread the first reveal of NECA's T2 line about 10 years ago was a toy-collecting dream come true. With Hot Toys not making anything from the classics anymore it's NECA all the way and I find that no bad thing because we're getting a much bigger range than any other company has ever put out.

They've gone awfully quiet on John though :tap Supposed to be out this summer and I don't see how that can happen now since we haven't even been able to preorder him yet.

Ah man that sucks, nobody likes spam, I get enough of it in my email and through my letterbox! I certainly will not add to that problem! Thanks dude , I love Micheal Biehn's Kyle Reese he will always be the one and only K.R for me, such intense and believable acting! I'm surprised Hollywood didn't exploit his talents more throughout the 90's. James Cameron knew his talent though!

Oh wow that's awesome you have a Hot Toys collection I'd love to see the pics if you have shared them already, I don't suppose you know the page number if you have as it would take me forever to find them in this thread otherwise lol!

I'm 32 and watched Terminator in the early 90's as a kid so been a long time fan, it's only the past 3 years or so my obsession with T1 & T2 came out again. Not a fan of T3 or the other's, I'm not too keen on what we've seen of the 'Terminator:Dark Fate' pic's etc. I don't think the series will ever portray the terminator as an unstoppable force/killing machine like the first movie ever again :( That's what I want to see, heart's ripped out and barely surviving a T-800 attack haha. Anyway I'm going to share some pic's after this post, not got a great camera or display but I'm planning improvements!

Edit: I know this sounds retarded but how do I upload my pics to a post? :/

Tech-Com DN38416
05-12-2019, 03:31 PM
INSERT PICTURE URL TEST

Edit:
Tried to insert pic from 'One Drive' but didn't work damnit!

Edit:
I don't think I have the privelige of posting attachments yet. If you know how I do holla at me so can share my collection and a custom T-1 figure I made. The tanker Pursuit figure on fire.

a-dev
05-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Are you on any pic hosting sites like imgur or photobucket? I use those. But alternatively I also sometimes just upload directly to the forum using the 'Insert Image' tab in the Quick Reply box. Click on that, it brings up a window - select 'From Computer' then 'choose file' - then find your image from whatever folder you're storing it in and upload. I'm not aware if you would be barred from doing this.

I haven't posted pics of my stuff in a long time - in fact I've never posted any pics of my collection overall because I've never had it displayed properly. I've always been 'toys first worry about how to display it well later'. Later still hasn't come :slap I've posted pics of individual figures or groupings of figures in the various Hot Toys threads over the years though (no idea of page numbers). Probably the most notable thing I did, which I gave its own thread, was this http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-action-figures/120395-t2-pescadero-scene-recreation-featuring-ht-dx10.html?highlight=dx10+pescadero&highlight=dx10+pescadero

As for NECA, I've only posted pics in this thread of the occasional modded figure, only when I have something special or unique to show, again because my collection just doesn't photograph well. It's a disorganized and cluttered mess without proper shelves/cabinets.

a-dev
05-14-2019, 09:57 AM
I'm 32 and watched Terminator in the early 90's as a kid so been a long time fan, it's only the past 3 years or so my obsession with T1 & T2 came out again. Not a fan of T3 or the other's, I'm not too keen on what we've seen of the 'Terminator:Dark Fate' pic's etc. I don't think the series will ever portray the terminator as an unstoppable force/killing machine like the first movie ever again :( That's what I want to see, heart's ripped out and barely surviving a T-800 attack haha.

Yeah I think most of us agree that only T1 and T2 are worthwhile. Heck even the makers of the later films seem to agree when they state that their film ignores everything but T1 and T2....and then it too ends up being crap. :slap Dark Fate will probably be no exception but I'm willing to give it a chance because of Cameron's semi-involvement and Linda Hamilton's return. If that also fails to learn any lessons from T3, Salvation and Genisys I'll consider the Terminator franchise to be formally Shane Blacked. But look, we'll always have the first two.

snoop101
05-14-2019, 10:31 PM
I'm only interested because of Arnie. Linda Hamilton does nothing for me anymore and neither does Cameron. It's hard to believe anything he says after he endorsed Genisys and now that he's gone full blown avatar. I did enjoy Alita though, so there's that. :lol

a-dev
05-14-2019, 10:57 PM
I'm still gonna give Cameron the benefit of the doubt for now. We knew he was lying his ass off in that Genisys promotion video, otherwise why wouldn't Dark Fate be following on from Genisys - but just because he'll shill for his friend Arnie doesn't mean he himself has no talent anymore. I'm not particularly excited for the Avatar sequels - he has made us wait a ridiculously long time where any hype has long since disappeared - but I actually hope he proves us spectacularly wrong and has a bunch of great films on his hands.

The reason I'm interested by Linda's return is that I had read she turned down T3 because the script/story didn't appeal to her - thus demonstrating a bit more discernment than Arnie who'll clearly sign up for anything Terminator no matter how crap it reads. I'm sure he would have done Salvation aswell except he was California governor then. But who knows, Dark Fate may end up being terrible and Linda may be terrible in it. We'll see.

Alice
05-15-2019, 03:30 AM
Arnie who'll clearly sign up for anything Terminator no matter how crap it reads. I'm sure he would have done Salvation aswell except he was California governor then. But who knows, Dark Fate may end up being terrible and Linda may be terrible in it. We'll see.

To be fair, Arnie was gonna turn down T3 because he thought it was pointless and redundant without Cameron, and they had sworn to not make another one. He gave Cameron a call to talk about it and Cameron told him to stop being loyal, charge them a lot of money and make the movie. So, it's more Cameron's fault Arnie is in T3 than Arnie.

I'm not holding my breathe for Dark Fate. I was pretty excited when Cameron was involved, and Linda came back, but over time my interest has started to die down. Cameron recently stating he doesn't have much involvement at all aside from the basis of the story, getting Junkie XL to score the film instead of Brad Fiedel, no Will Wisher co-writing, Stan Winston no longer with us, no Cameron directing... etc. It's missing a lot of key components that made the originals work.

snoop101
05-15-2019, 09:24 AM
A few months ago Cameron also said that being a producer also "relinquishes him of being fully responsible" if the movie is indeed truly terrible. That alone tells me that hes not 100% confident in Dark Fate. Arnold always gives pretty solid performances especially as the T-800. He was the only redeeming factor in Genisys. Watch some of Linda Hamiltons acting in her recent sci-fi television years and tell me how excited you are for her return. :lol This movie is going to suck....bad.

a-dev
05-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Arnold agrees to perform these facepalm-worthy comedy scenes, it's probably him who insists on them in fact. But where they had valid context and were a novelty in T2 they either didn't have the context or were just flat-out repetitious and tension destroying in the later films. So I don't put much stock in Arnold as the Terminator anymore. He needed Cameron to provide restraint.

As for Linda, well, in fairness no, I haven't seen anything she has done since T2...

snoop101
05-15-2019, 01:38 PM
You think Arnold Insists on these comedy scenes? How did you come to that conclusion? I think it's to be blamed on piss poor writing. Besides, Arnold's sometimes cringeworthy scenes in Genisys were the least of its problems. And if you think Genisys was face-Palm worthy, well wait until you see what Tim Miller (director of DEADPOOL) has in store. :lol

a-dev
05-15-2019, 02:30 PM
Interviews I've seen with him over the years give me that impression - possibly the Graham Norton show. He has said he looks for the one liners in the scripts.

With Dark Fate, all I know right now is that Cameron and Miller said a lot of the right stuff in that joint interview they did that can be found on youtube. My mind is open, at least as open as it can be after the onslaught of cinematic mediocrity the franchise has endured this century. Of course my partial optimism could be undone with the very first trailer :lol

snoop101
05-15-2019, 11:17 PM
You could be right, though I personally think Arnold is the last person to blame for any of the short comings of the lackluster sequels. I guess my optimism for any new Terminator films died long ago. It's always the same, a supposed fresh take on the franchise and the start of a "new trilogy" BS we've heard a hundred times. I really hope Tim Miller and co. Prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Cameron and Miller can say all the right things and hype it up all they want, but I don't see how omitting John Connor in favor of the new full blown SJW agenda is a step in the right direction. :lol

a-dev
05-16-2019, 08:01 AM
That's another thing where I'm giving benefit of the doubt for now because Cameron and Linda Hamilton were doing ''strong female characters'' ''before it was cool''. :lol They did it properly. Sarah Connor was still very much human and vulnerable in T2. So we'll see.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-18-2019, 08:33 PM
All that comes up for me when I click insert image is basically this:

Add an Image from Url
Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
URL:

I don't think I have permission to actually insert images from my computer or anywhere yet. Not sure how long I have to be active till I can upload my pics.
I did a custom Terminator 1 T-800 walking out of the flaming Truck (Tanker Pursuit Figure) I removed flame effects from a Robocop figure and attached them to the T-800 Tanker Truck Pursuit and it really looks awesome. It will be the first image I post when I have the ability to.

Also as well as having the full T1/T2 Collection with duplicates to pose from different parts of the movies I also collect unboxed NECA T1/T2 figures then kit-bash them together like changing T1 heads with T2 bodies vice versa , and also changing up the weapons. I have some real good figure pics to post! It's not easy getting certain figures here in the UK they can be really expensive! I finally got another T1 Kyle Reese and I am going to paint his jacket and sleeves dark blue plus add blood to his head like the second part of the movie.

I really wish NECA released a Pescadero Sarah Connor and a Tech Noir Sarah Connor. Either as a double Pack together or just a Tech Noir Pack with the Tech Noir T800 then do the Pescadero Sarah with the T1000 or something? I really can't wait for the John Connor figure I am going to buy at least two of them for posing/display purposes!

dukefett
05-18-2019, 11:49 PM
All that comes up for me when I click insert image is basically this:

Add an Image from Url
Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
URL:

I don't think I have permission to actually insert images from my computer or anywhere yet. Not sure how long I have to be active till I can upload my pics.
I did a custom Terminator 1 T-800 walking out of the flaming Truck (Tanker Pursuit Figure) I removed flame effects from a Robocop figure and attached them to the T-800 Tanker Truck Pursuit and it really looks awesome. It will be the first image I post when I have the ability to.

Also as well as having the full T1/T2 Collection with duplicates to pose from different parts of the movies I also collect unboxed NECA T1/T2 figures then kit-bash them together like changing T1 heads with T2 bodies vice versa , and also changing up the weapons. I have some real good figure pics to post! It's not easy getting certain figures here in the UK they can be really expensive! I finally got another T1 Kyle Reese and I am going to paint his jacket and sleeves dark blue plus add blood to his head like the second part of the movie.

I really wish NECA released a Pescadero Sarah Connor and a Tech Noir Sarah Connor. Either as a double Pack together or just a Tech Noir Pack with the Tech Noir T800 then do the Pescadero Sarah with the T1000 or something? I really can't wait for the John Connor figure I am going to buy at least two of them for posing/display purposes!

There should be an option towards the top to pic a photo from your computer instead of URL. It's tabs saying "From Computer" and "From URL."

Tech-Com DN38416
05-19-2019, 08:22 AM
There should be an option towards the top to pic a photo from your computer instead of URL. It's tabs saying "From Computer" and "From URL."

Wow today I actually have the ability to do that! Wasn't there all the prior times I tried! Gonna share a couple pics of my NECA T1 Tanker Truck Custom :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]454392

Tech-Com DN38416
05-19-2019, 08:23 AM

Tech-Com DN38416
05-19-2019, 08:25 AM
[attach=config]454395

[attach=config]454396

Tech-Com DN38416
05-19-2019, 08:26 AM
Sorry the pics are so huge! They just came out that way :/

a-dev
05-19-2019, 09:50 AM
That looks terrific. Nifty idea :clap Hmm, might have to get that Robocop figure now.

KoBE
05-19-2019, 09:57 AM

How easy was it to remove the flames from RoboCop?

Tech-Com DN38416
05-21-2019, 05:02 PM
That looks terrific. Nifty idea :clap Hmm, might have to get that Robocop figure now.

Sorry for late reply been busy past couple days. Cheers dude ,I need to get a better camera though as the one on my phone is crap. I've made a prototype small diorama of near the end of T2 when Arnie's T-800 switches to alternate power mode , pulls the metal spike out and grabs the grenade launcher. I bout a T-Genysis T1000 and used the metal spike thing that came with it, hopefully you can see it at the back right in this picture below.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-21-2019, 05:05 PM
How easy was it to remove the flames from RoboCop?

Hey dude sorry for late reply been busy past few days. Yeah it was a bit of a b*stard, cutting and peeling carefully! The Robocop vs Terminator Rocket Launcher is the name of the figure. It is cheap to get over here new on ebay for £14.99 I have one used one i bought to get the flames off and one in its box still. I thought putting the flames on that tanker truck figure looks awesome, just need to put a bit of black smoke like burn effects on his face where the flame is.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Here is some photos of my Terminator 1 and 2 NECA collections. I also have an awesome NECA Aliens collection but not sure if I should post in here as not Terminator related.....

My 2nd hand collection!

Oh and here is some alternate movie posters only A4 sized but framed :D

a-dev
05-21-2019, 05:47 PM
I've made a prototype small diorama of near the end of T2 when Arnie's T-800 switches to alternate power mode , pulls the metal spike out and grabs the grenade launcher. I bout a T-Genysis T1000 and used the metal spike thing that came with it

You're a ****ing genius!

For 10 years I've been complaining that NECA never provided a steel pole with either the BD T-800 or the T-1000. Somehow it didn't occur to me that a pretty good substitute has existed for the past 4 years right under my nose :lol

Another awesome idea Tech-Com, thank you. Could do with a repaint maybe but it will serve the purpose.

You might be interested in some of these old kitbashes/mods I did. These aren't new pics, I found them in my photobucket archive.

Cyberdyne Sarah Connor - Kyle Reese jacket and arms - the arms are a tiny bit long compared to normal Sarah figure but not too noticeable
https://i.imgur.com/sEDJc68.jpg

McFarlane/NECA Pretzel Man T-1000 - the original McFarlane figure was OK but I wanted to be able to have a wider leg position like in the film, so the legs are NECA Ultimate Motorcycle Cop with possibly the shoes from Ultimate Galleria T-1000 mixed in (can't remember why I had to do that but I did so there must have been a reason - height maybe - the Ultimate T-1000s were a bit short)
https://i.imgur.com/csBtNEA.jpg

T-1000 after being shot up by Sarah Connor just prior to his ultimate demise - uses smaller bullet squibs from Hot Toys T-1000, torso drilled to accommodate them
https://i.imgur.com/bzeMwl5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fQHYDhZ.jpg

Tech-Com DN38416
05-21-2019, 06:36 PM
Haha yeah those Genysis figures are dirt cheap so 2 reasons why I bought the G-1000, one for the metal pole/spike and the other was to pop a spare T2-1000 body on it so I didn't have to buy another T2-1000 LOL!

In T2 as you'll remember Arnie hits the T-1000 vertically with the metal pole slicing him in half (kind of) So in the display cabinet I have Arnie Final Battle wielding it but once I've done the diorama for the impalement scene i'll either position a T1000 over Arnie holding the pole or holding the pole as it has already been driven through Arnie's T800's torso OR just drill a hole in the figure place the pole through him and the grated floor and have him powered down so he looks dead (Terminated lol)

Oh wow dude that is an awesome idea using the Kyle Reese coat for sarah for the Cyberdyne look! I love the axe wielding Arnie also! Great stuff!
I agree that T-1000 pretzel looks WAY better with those legs on it. Did you just basically break the figures in half then glued them together that way?
Those bullet squibs look amazing on the T1000, wish I could get hole of the Hot Toys figures but damn they are too damn expensive for me here in the UK! You won't get one over here less than £250-£350 , some are even more costly!!! I wish we could buy these types of accessories like the squibs, gun flashes , used bullet casings and shells etc. I have gun flashes I stuck onto some of my Aliens figures and they look awesome.

Here is some basic kit bashes I did swapping heads and guns etc just open them in a new tab and zoom in to check them out better. I need to buy another Detolf and do a Robocop vs Terminator scene.

Edit: A john Connor figure will look amazing with Cyberdyne sarah in kyles coat and Arnie's T800!

a-dev
05-21-2019, 10:14 PM
I agree that T-1000 pretzel looks WAY better with those legs on it. Did you just basically break the figures in half then glued them together that way?

No breaking, but I did need to make the plug (from the NECA motorcycle cops pelvic portion) narrower to be able to fit into the McFarlane Pretzel Man torso. I can pop it on and off at will, although there's no need to, it will always be displayed like this. It went very well and it's very solid, stands on its own better than the stock McFarlane figure.

Those bullet squibs look amazing on the T1000, wish I could get hole of the Hot Toys figures but damn they are too damn expensive for me here in the UK! You won't get one over here less than £250-£350 , some are even more costly!!! I wish we could buy these types of accessories like the squibs, gun flashes , used bullet casings and shells etc. I have gun flashes I stuck onto some of my Aliens figures and they look awesome.

By all means pop on over to the Alien thread and post your stuff.

Here is some basic kit bashes I did swapping heads and guns etc just open them in a new tab and zoom in to check them out better. I need to buy another Detolf and do a Robocop vs Terminator scene.

Yep, you're as nuts as me. I stick to movie-based kitbashing only but quantity-wise I also play the 'more is more' game :lol

Edit: A john Connor figure will look amazing with Cyberdyne sarah in kyles coat and Arnie's T800!

He will indeed if NECA ever releases him

https://i.imgur.com/fpNJHCx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mMV7DYE.jpg

Tech-Com DN38416
05-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Haha love that little trolley thing! So many ideas for display purposes and diorama's. I just got a used Kyle Reese figure today, mint condition. I decided to take the jacket off and color it that dark purple kind of color it is in the post motel part of T1. I did the same to the arms, just need to do the blood effects on his head , maybe make a little pipe bomb accessory or get another metal pole/spike from when K.R goes melee style on the endo t800 lol. Really wish NECA did a T1 Sarah Connor and Pescadero one. Would defo complete the set!

snoop101
05-22-2019, 06:13 PM
Where iz John Connah? :gah:

a-dev
05-22-2019, 11:44 PM
Haha love that little trolley thing!

The T-800's shopping trolley.

So many ideas for display purposes and diorama's. I just got a used Kyle Reese figure today, mint condition. I decided to take the jacket off and color it that dark purple kind of color it is in the post motel part of T1. I did the same to the arms, just need to do the blood effects on his head , maybe make a little pipe bomb accessory or get another metal pole/spike from when K.R goes melee style on the endo t800 lol. Really wish NECA did a T1 Sarah Connor and Pescadero one. Would defo complete the set!

If the movie line continues in any capacity I don't think those are totally outside the realms of possibility but since we're still asking the following

Where iz John Connah? :gah:

I won't get my hopes up too much. Yes, where the **** is John Connor? NECA is pulling a Hot Toys here. ''Coming soon''...''stay tuned''..*crickets*

Alice
05-23-2019, 12:51 AM
Randy noticed John Connor isn't in the new movie, so he's taken that as proof that no one is interested in, nor would they buy, a John Connor action figure and it has subsequently been cancelled. He said he may reconsider, but only if Terminator: Dark Fate performs well at the box office, and the figure line they have planned sells well. It will feature three figures. A newly sculpted Arnie T-800 [2 per case], Grace [4 per case] and ye olde Endeskeleton (Same sculpt, but in ALL NEW! Dark Fate packaging) [2 per case].

zombieshane
05-23-2019, 07:25 AM
Randy noticed John Connor isn't in the new movie, so he's taken that as proof that no one is interested in, nor would they buy, a John Connor action figure and it has subsequently been cancelled. He said he may reconsider, but only if Terminator: Dark Fate performs well at the box office, and the figure line they have planned sells well. It will feature three figures. A newly sculpted Arnie T-800 [2 per case], Grace [4 per case] and ye olde Endeskeleton (Same sculpt, but in ALL NEW! Dark Fate packaging) [2 per case].
But this morning on twitter he hinted that John Connor is going up for pre order soon.

MaulFan
05-23-2019, 08:02 AM
I believe Alice's post may be made up to screw with those waiting for John because of how lackluster the new movie looks and it would be salt in the wound to get figures from that film and never get young John.

Alice
05-23-2019, 10:56 AM
I believe Alice's post may be made up.

Bingo.

Johnny Utah
05-23-2019, 11:18 AM
But this morning on twitter he hinted that John Connor is going up for pre order soon.

I feel I'm the only one that asks him the proper questions on there.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-23-2019, 11:33 AM
NECA Kyle Reese 'repaint', factory scene.

zombieshane
05-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Bingo.

My bad, lol

Tech-Com DN38416
05-24-2019, 08:30 AM
So what did you guys think of the TDF trailer....

P.
05-24-2019, 09:07 AM
So what did you guys think of the TDF trailer....it's like Neca reuse of parts crap.

a-dev
05-24-2019, 09:30 AM
I feel I'm the only one that asks him the proper questions on there.

Thanks for that. It's otherwise all too quiet about Terminator on their twitter.

it's like Neca reuse of parts crap.

Yeah it pretty much put my expectations back into the gutter. They were mildly up because of Cameron and Linda Hamilton's involvement but after the trailer it seems to be a mashup of ideas and sequences from Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys. I suspect this is another ''real Terminator 3'' for the scrapheap.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-24-2019, 10:19 AM
it's like Neca reuse of parts crap.

Haha, I just didn't get any 'feels' from it. As usual they gave away the twist of the 'bad' Terminators abilities. That skinny blonde bird is like a rehash of Salvation's Marcus Wright but is self aware. I didn't like the way she flung herself onto the back of the truck it was odd. I wanted a darker trailer with a narrator and only quick glimpses of scenes like the old trailers. And where is John Connor! The character the whole past 2 films are based around!

a-dev
05-24-2019, 10:27 AM
Seems like the younger girl has replaced John Connor. And for some reason she's got 3 protectors? Mackenzienator, Sarah Connor AND Arnie? Should be no problem for them, judging by the trailer. All I see is this new villain Terminator getting his ass kicked repeatedly.

Johnny Utah
05-24-2019, 11:08 AM
I think she will be knocked up by her bf and Sarah and Grace will be protecting her and the unborn child because the baby will be Juan Connor. Quote ne in November when it turns out to be the case.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-24-2019, 11:18 AM
I think she will be knocked up by her bf and Sarah and Grace will be protecting her and the unborn child because the baby will be Juan Connor. Quote ne in November when it turns out to be the case.

Hahaha 'Juan Connor' that cracked me up xD

I just wish if they got linda back they could of got Eddy furlong back , It would have been worth it too pay for a personal trainer and life coach or something to get him back into shape to make an epic comeback as the one and only John Connor!

snoop101
05-24-2019, 11:24 AM
He's too full blown, probably a horrible actor at this point too. Linda was fantastic in the first two films, but even she delivers her lines in the trailer like she doesn't give a damn. :lol my theory is that there going to kill John Connor off shortly after the events of T2. I guess since they changed the future by blowing up cyberdyne, they altered the timeline. The new "savior" is the Mexican girl.

FriendlyPiranha
05-25-2019, 02:50 AM
I'm not gonna even bother watching it. After the Predator abomination I promised myself to ignore any new iteration from Alien/Predator/Terminator franchises. The rule applies also for the toys in these lines. I'll get the Resurrection figs and the Ultimate Wolf/Predalien if they ever come and that's it for me.

Johnny Utah
05-25-2019, 03:39 AM
I'm not gonna even bother watching it. After the Predator abomination I promised myself to ignore any new iteration from Alien/Predator/Terminator franchises. The rule applies also for the toys in these lines. I'll get the Resurrection figs and the Ultimate Wolf/Predalien if they ever come and that's it for me.

You're ignoring the new terrible iterations and buying product from the old terrible iterations? No offence but that sounds hypocritical.

a-dev
05-25-2019, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't use the word hypocrite in this context but there's a logical inconsistency, one which I'm wrestling with myself. I too am buying the Resurrection line despite hating that movie; I've bought AvP figures and will buy AvP:R figures despite thinking those movies are ***t.....so why am I not buying the figures from The Predator...

Hahaha 'Juan Connor' that cracked me up xD

I just wish if they got linda back they could of got Eddy furlong back , It would have been worth it too pay for a personal trainer and life coach or something to get him back into shape to make an epic comeback as the one and only John Connor!

I dunno bout that. Even if he cleaned up, the adult Edward Furlong would be as unbelievable a 'great military leader' as Nick Stahl was IMO.

Johnny Utah
05-25-2019, 07:09 AM
Jason Clarke was great and he got assimilated!

P.
05-25-2019, 07:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSr9s7Oufrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3DU-7a8mP0

this is almost as old as i am.
i don't see anything even 1% as epic as this in that 2019 trailer.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-25-2019, 08:10 AM
I dunno bout that. Even if he cleaned up, the adult Edward Furlong would be as unbelievable a 'great military leader' as Nick Stahl was IMO.

Ah yeah I guess you got me there, just a shame he couldn't bulk up muscle-wise grow a beard and cut his hair to be like his future war version. That would be cool because then Dark Fate could show how he got that scar. I am just dreaming haha. It is a damn shame ol'Eddy went the way he did as he did do some good films after T2 and I saw him in a role a few years ago in the film Assault on Wallstreet. For the small role it was he was good!

Tech-Com DN38416
05-25-2019, 08:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSr9s7Oufrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3DU-7a8mP0

this is almost as old as i am.

Dude I agree , those are my FAVOURITE scenes in the movie! The music and everything is just intense! The way sarah knocks her drink off the table as the T-800 walks by in the club and the music kind of echos, that **** is just magic. The police station scene is just *****ing intense and brutal, shows EXACTLY what a t-800 is built for. Amazing stuff I love that ****! It is older than me I was born in '87! I thank my dad for letting me watch Arnolds movies as a kid in the early '90s. Terminator obsessed!

Oh just picked up the ponytail and military cap versions of Mcfarlanes Sarah Connor figure. I have all 3 of them now. Just wish there was a Pescadero and Tech Noir Sarah Connor figures!!!

FriendlyPiranha
05-25-2019, 11:03 AM
You're ignoring the new terrible iterations and buying product from the old terrible iterations? No offence but that sounds hypocritical.

Before calling me a hypocrite, ask yourself what is the reason you'll be buying the same figures. Despite their ****** movie origins, they still meant something. And again I wish all new releases were half tolerable as Resurrection or the concept of Wolf predator (didn't say AVPR).

dukefett
05-25-2019, 11:19 AM
My own choosieness is what's keeping me from having any Predators or Terminators in my collection. I wasn't collecting when the originals were released and have zero desire for anything from the sequels.

zombieshane
05-25-2019, 11:44 AM
Hope the DF figures debut at SDCC, the Rev9 looks so dope

Johnny Utah
05-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Before calling me a hypocrite, ask yourself what is the reason you'll be buying the same figures. Despite their ****** movie origins, they still meant something. And again I wish all new releases were half tolerable as Resurrection or the concept of Wolf predator (didn't say AVPR).

I won't be buying them.

Tech-Com DN38416
05-25-2019, 07:56 PM
Hope the DF figures debut at SDCC, the Rev9 looks so dope

Yeah he looks so cool in his yellow flannel shirt and khaki trousers I'd love that figure to go with my 1/10 scale taco stand..... :lol Worst dressed and least intimidating 'Terminator' ever! (Figure too!)

zombieshane
05-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Yeahh, I mean the endoskeleton lol

a-dev
05-25-2019, 10:40 PM
(T1) is almost as old as i am.

:lecture

Oh just picked up the ponytail and military cap versions of Mcfarlanes Sarah Connor figure. I have all 3 of them now. Just wish there was a Pescadero and Tech Noir Sarah Connor figures!!!

The McFarlane ones are a bit dated but I still have them, hopefully intact - for Terminator action figure 'historical' purposes. I haven't displayed them since NECA came out with theirs.

Yeahh, I mean the endoskeleton lol

This Rev9 seems a lot like the T-3000 or whatever John Connor became in Genisys.