PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

ShadowGuardian
08-15-2017, 11:48 AM
At least with the sunglasses on it looks pretty good. Also I guess most people missed those box picture; they have been out for a while now.

TooNiche
08-16-2017, 10:17 AM
At least with the sunglasses on it looks pretty good. ...

Does look better with glasses, like the 1/12 figures. But at this scale, as has been said, the face sculpt is not good enough. For the minigun look, I wouldn't want to display with the glasses, for obvious scene accuracy reasons. So this is a non starter.

They can do so much better likeness-wise these days. I think they should of made the effort, seeing as they are reusing everything.

Even then though to be honest, I'd prefer an endoskeleton. (A new vastly improved endoskeleton.)

a-dev
08-16-2017, 11:48 AM
They've been reusing the Endoskeleton even longer than Pescadero Escape T-800 - didn't that Cult Classics Endo come out back in 2003 or something? They've done maybe 2 new heads for it (including the infamous ''get off my lawn'' sculpt) but they've never changed the rest of it. It surely warrants a complete do-over. Although personally I would have no particular enthusiasm for that - like Robocop, I just don't think it can be well represented at low-end.

Lord Freezer
08-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Packaging shots if you haven't seen it already.

has it the glasses or two heads?

a-dev
08-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Removable sunglasses.

snoop101
08-17-2017, 04:25 PM
"Has it the glasses?"

:lol Too funny.

What an overall disappointing comic con presentation from NECA. I can't get over how lame it was. Especially with the "game changer"
comment. Randy is a moron.

a-dev
08-17-2017, 05:17 PM
I can't help but think it was just a misguided pun. It was definitely in reference to the Alien line, right? And the new stuff from the Alien line was those video-game aliens - and it was a game they hadn't previously made figures for?? They 'changed games' - a 'game changer'? :dunno :lol

RockyRambo
08-17-2017, 05:46 PM
I can't help but think it was just a misguided pun. It was definitely in reference to the Alien line, right? And the new stuff from the Alien line was those video-game aliens - and it was a game they hadn't previously made figures for?? They 'changed games' - a 'game changer'? :dunno :lol
I definitely think he was referring to the James Cameron figure when he said game changer as it is his first figure and it is different for the Aliens line. I just don't think he knew how little we would want it as although I'm a big Cameron fan (pre Titanic) I don't feel the need to have a figure of him.

a-dev
08-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Ah, yeah you're probably right. That being the case I still think it was misguided to use the expression 'game changer'. For the reason you mention and also because there's the implication that it opens up new possibilities...and I can't think of anything else the Cameron figure would lead to.

RockyRambo
08-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Ah, yeah you're probably right. That being the case I still think it was misguided to use the expression 'game changer'. For the reason you mention and also because there's the implication that it opens up new possibilities...and I can't think of anything else the Cameron figure would lead to.

Maybe he was thinking that he could do more filmmakers in the future, although James Cameron is bad enough and as good of directors as they are would anyone want figures of Ridley Scott, John McTiernan, Wes Craven etc..

a-dev
08-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Very niche. Anything but John Connor, right? :slap

RockyRambo
08-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Very niche. Anything but John Connor, right? :slap

Its niche but also cheap to make which is the NECA way. They did the Ali Vs Superman set which was totally niche but that was just the Rocky line figure & Reeve Superman figure with new heads and there much used pixel paint. Plus the abundance of Comic/Video Game Aliens/Predators that no one remembers but are easy to knock out. You can just see them now with the Ridley Scott in Alien Space Suit or Wes Cravens head on Freddy's body (I hope I'm not giving them ideas as I saw the origins of the video game line on Twitter when they stole the Jason video game idea from Will Edwards and totally ran with it with like another 100 figures).

a-dev
08-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Its niche but also cheap to make which is the NECA way.

Sometimes I forget.

You're probably dead-on about the Ridley Scott figure. Though that might end up looking a lot like Dallas...

TooNiche
08-18-2017, 11:54 AM
has it the glasses or two heads?

"Has it the glasses?"

:lol Too funny.
Has it precious? Has it?

... there's the implication that it opens up new possibilities...and I can't think of anything else the Cameron figure would lead to.

One possibility, though I doubt it, would be the fact that having presumably made such direct contact with Cameron himself (for his likeness), this might open the door to further collaboration with him for his properties.. ?

But I doubt it highly, because licensing doesn't work that way/so simply.

Although, they seem to be working with Guillermo Del Toro in this way, for the licenses he owns.

Be cool if NECA got to do something with the Avatar sequels (if they're good that is, of course).
Or even for those rumored Tim Miller directed, Cameron produced Terminator films.

a-dev
08-18-2017, 02:57 PM
One possibility, though I doubt it, would be the fact that having presumably made such direct contact with Cameron himself (for his likeness), this might open the door to further collaboration with him for his properties.. ?

I could get my Jack and Rose figures at long last?!

Or even for those rumored Tim Miller directed, Cameron produced Terminator films.

Even then I'll still be - ''.....can't we just get a ****ing T2 John figure?''

P.
08-18-2017, 06:29 PM
I could get my Jack and Rose figures at long last?!and a cinemachines Titanic with its steam pipes attached to boards.

a-dev
08-19-2017, 06:57 AM
I have a sinking feeling you'd be right. :monkey3

P.
08-19-2017, 07:02 AM
I have a sinking feeling
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7HJGgzccflY/VlzL_CGZkiI/AAAAAAAAADk/0fFEdpHTqQw/s426/tyrannosaurus_standup_big.png

jye4ever
08-19-2017, 07:41 AM
Time for Randy to go.

If I was his boss I would've fired him for that game changer comment.

NosferatuBill36
08-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Time for Randy to go.

If I was his boss I would've fired him for that game changer comment.

He would tell you differently. He would tell you that you don't understand, and that it's just too niche and not a seller. He would tell you that you're in the minority.

He would then go on to approve more Valerian and Preacher figs, along with Alien and Predator series 35, but now with a real patch of fabric on every figure.

jye4ever
08-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Give me a 1/4 Arnold war paint Conan, comic Punisher and Wolverine oh and a-dev his little Connor and i'll consider forgiving him for that stupid comment lol.

ShadowGuardian
08-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Give me a 1/4 Arnold war paint Conan, comic Punisher and Wolverine oh and a-dev his little Connor and i'll consider forgiving him for that stupid comment lol.jye, based on your comment you should just replace Randy.

Lord Freezer
08-19-2017, 09:02 AM
If he had two other hands without his gloves, I'd have taken it..

jye4ever
08-19-2017, 10:16 AM
jye, based on your comment you should just replace Randy.

Oh man I would kick so much ass I know what we want and it ain't Coraline figures lol

Plastic Bateman
08-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Oh man I would kick so much ass I know what we want and it ain't Coraline figures lol

I want Coraline figures :monkey2

jye4ever
08-19-2017, 10:48 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

a-dev
08-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Jye - tell him you could make Coraline figures - all the required permissions are there - you're just not gonna. See how that flies :D

jye4ever
08-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Lol

yup I would be like "Congrats on your Coraline license acquisition" then proceed tear it up in front of the boardroom meeting.

a-dev
08-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Saw T2 3D yesterday. And man, it hurts not having a John Connor. If there had never been a Newt or Burke from Aliens it wouldn't be so bad. But this situation, as toy situations go, really sucks.

ShadowGuardian
08-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Saw T2 3D yesterday. And man, it hurts not having a John Connor. If there had never been a Newt or Burke from Aliens it wouldn't be so bad. But this situation, as toy situations go, really sucks.How was the 3D? Worth it? Or just obviously gimmicky?

a-dev
08-30-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm neutral on it. It was fine - it neither hurt nor boosted the film. You stop noticing it after a short time - except with the occasional scene where you become aware of it again. I will say that when you do become aware of it again it's good.

Mainly it's about seeing it in the cinema with an audience (either 'again' or, in my case, for the first time)

Plastic Bateman
08-30-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm neutral on it. It was fine - it neither hurt nor boosted the film. You stop noticing it after a short time - except with the occasional scene where you become aware of it again. I will say that when you do become aware of it again it's good.

Mainly it's about seeing it in the cinema with an audience (either 'again' or, in my case, for the first time)

It's the kind of 3D I love, and that only Cameron seems to do right, where it gives the illusion of depth receding into the screen rather than things poking out of it and into your eyeballs. I thought it was very well done and appropriately subtle.

The cleanup of the original print was amazing. The film has never looked better than this and as long as they don't **** up the Blu-Ray transfer this'll be the version to own, I think.

Alice
08-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Saw T2 3D yesterday. And man, it hurts not having a John Connor.

I never understood the desire some people have for these tertiary characters. There's absolutely no need for a John Connor figure. I mean, he wasn't even in the first movie.

a-dev
08-30-2017, 09:02 PM
....why is my right eye pulsing uncontrollably....

Alice
08-30-2017, 09:10 PM

jye4ever
08-31-2017, 04:07 AM
[email protected] a-dev

MaulFan
08-31-2017, 05:21 AM
It's the kind of 3D I love, and that only Cameron seems to do right, where it gives the illusion of depth receding into the screen rather than things poking out of it and into your eyeballs. I thought it was very well done and appropriately subtle.

Cameron definitely gets the value of 3D. While I can easily watch any movie without it, ones where he use it are worth experience the effect because it creates and experience out of watching movies. I boycott most 3D films now because most of the time it's used as the same old cheap gimmick it was back in the 80s, just a bit more high tech, and that's not worth it.

jye4ever
08-31-2017, 05:26 AM
Take Predator for instance, we've all seen the regular 2D version 100 times by now.

I'm getting a kick of now watching it in 3D it feels like you're watching it for the first time again, it gives it a whole new way of enjoying it.

Same with T2 now.

scarrviper
08-31-2017, 03:07 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4397/36112929314_872242a3be_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X2bcJj)Searching the Galleria (https://flic.kr/p/X2bcJj) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

a-dev
08-31-2017, 03:14 PM
and the appropriate scoring to your pic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROz3bMrnUQ4

EndoSickness
08-31-2017, 11:44 PM
and the appropriate scoring to your pic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROz3bMrnUQ4

This.
Man, I gotta ask: Any news or any new tunes of the full score?

henzINNIT
09-01-2017, 03:42 PM
It was great to see T2 in the cinema. Looked great. I'll agree that the 3D was only occassionally effective, but never a distraction which is a win in my book.

I did notice some tweaks. Face replacements during the first chase.

Caped Baldy
09-01-2017, 04:41 PM
It's a shame we didn't get some more T2 releases from NECA around the time of the 3D release. Updated steel mill Arnie, ultimate liquid metal T-1000, Sarah in nut house pyjamas, etc. Oh well.

Some in-hand shots of 1/4 Arnie should start to hit the web in the next week or two. The packaging shots I posted a few pages back were nothing mind blowing but I'm hoping he looks better in person -- that tends to be the case for some of their figures looking off in official photography, often down to the lighting and such. Well, hopefully...

ShadowGuardian
09-01-2017, 07:17 PM
It's a shame we didn't get some more T2 releases from NECA around the time of the 3D release. Updated steel mill Arnie, ultimate liquid metal T-1000, Sarah in nut house pyjamas, etc. Oh well.

Some in-hand shots of 1/4 Arnie should start to hit the web in the next week or two. The packaging shots I posted a few pages back were nothing mind blowing but I'm hoping he looks better in person -- that tends to be the case for some of their figures looking off in official photography, often down to the lighting and such. Well, hopefully...Well it starts shipping in 2 weeks so we don't have too much longer to wait. I've been itching for another figure for the collection.

a-dev
09-02-2017, 06:44 AM
This.
Man, I gotta ask: Any news or any new tunes of the full score?

Some random bits appeared on youtube and Maulfan sent me a link for a download that contains most of that stuff. Still nothing complete though.

It was great to see T2 in the cinema. Looked great. I'll agree that the 3D was only occassionally effective, but never a distraction which is a win in my book.

I did notice some tweaks. Face replacements during the first chase.

Yeah Cameron didn't announce that change. I wonder did the effects guys take it upon themselves.

It's a shame we didn't get some more T2 releases from NECA around the time of the 3D release. Updated steel mill Arnie, ultimate liquid metal T-1000, Sarah in nut house pyjamas, etc. Oh well...

Hopefully it's just because they had a packed schedule but I fear Randy has lost interest and doesn't see the potential beyond what they've already done.

Alice
09-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Yeah Cameron didn't announce that change. I wonder did the effects guys take it upon themselves.

He announced that. He also said the only other tweak he did was digitally touch up the truck when it drops into the canal so the windows didn't fall out.

Original:

https://youtu.be/zTCzlleoemU?t=52

Tweaked 3D:

https://youtu.be/2aCC9F8cGCc?t=20

rjszar
09-05-2017, 12:35 PM
And here she is. Just went up at BBTS. It is clearly evident that Neca's new Coraline figure would run rings around a John Connor in terms of sales. I ordered a whole case.:rotfl

a-dev
09-05-2017, 02:46 PM
:monkey2 A T-800/John 2 pack...how would that not sell? How??

snoop101
09-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Coraline is where it's at. Ordered.

Caped Baldy
09-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Any more more cheeky remarks on Coralane, and I will see it that uncle Randy cancels young JC indefinitely and replace him with the Nick Stahl version. :lecture

P.
09-05-2017, 05:26 PM
the Nick Stahl version. :lecture
http://i.imgur.com/he4M2Ag.jpg

snoop101
09-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Any more more cheeky remarks on Coralane, and I will see it that uncle Randy cancels young JC indefinitely and replace him with the Nick Stahl version. :lecture

https://media.tenor.com/images/cf0f7d390eca4ea8cf6aa3f8587d5381/tenor.gif

a-dev
09-05-2017, 08:32 PM
I've only just noticed that the 1:4 T-800 is up on the ebay store now.

ApeManRyan
09-06-2017, 07:02 AM
I've only just noticed that the 1:4 T-800 is up on the ebay store now.

I saw that too. Anyone getting it? Waiting for in hand pics before I make a decision to purchase.

a-dev
09-06-2017, 08:16 AM
I'll probably get it. I was going to order today but maybe I should also wait for some in-hand reaction.

ShadowGuardian
09-06-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm getting it. I do enjoy the first 2 films a lot but I'm not like a diehard fan or anything. I just think Arnie's Terminator is really entertaining and badass. 1/4 is my main scale I collect and it would be nice to have something other than just Marvel and DC so yeah I need this.

Unfortunately, probably won't have him in hand for almost a month. I ordered from NorthMenCollectibles. Significantly cheaper for me as they are based in Canada, but it takes longer for them to get new figures in too.

jye4ever
09-06-2017, 12:05 PM
T1/T2 deserve to be treated better than how cheap ass NECA is handling those 2 movies.

NECA reusing and refusing to invest into innovatation and expansion leaves a stink on the brand.

Stop repainting Xenomorphs to look like bubble gum and heavily reinvest into these respected scifi movies or give up the damn license if you're going to continue dragging your feet.

K1LLJOY
09-06-2017, 12:35 PM
T1/T2 deserve to be treated better than how cheap ass NECA is handling those 2 movies.

NECA reusing and refusing to invest into innovatation and expansion leaves a stink on the brand.

Stop repainting Xenomorphs to look like bubble gum and heavily reinvest into these respected scifi movies or give up the damn license if you're going to continue dragging your feet.

Who do you want to get the license?

I can't think of anyone in this scale that would've done better. :dunno

snoop101
09-06-2017, 12:46 PM

Well said. NECA clearly doesn't care about Terminator anymore.

MaulFan
09-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Sadly, as silly as the plethora of aliens may seem, they sell, Terminator isn't as popular as those films franchises.

jye4ever
09-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Who do you want to get the license?

I can't think of anyone in this scale that would've done better. :dunno

Free up the licenses and watch how many companies will pop up.

For starters I hear that the a-devfabio toys 4 life company is really good.

K1LLJOY
09-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Free up the licenses and watch how many companies will pop up.

For starters I hear that the a-devfabio toys 4 life company is really good.

a-dev would bankrupt the company trying to make a John Connor, and when trying to buy any rights to a movie Difabio would just insult the studio.

They still might last longer than Molecule8 though. :monkey3

a-dev
09-06-2017, 07:15 PM
:lol :lol :lol

I agree though, NECA is still the last best hope for the last best hope of mankind - Edward Furlong.

Would any other companies jump on the license were NECA to give it up? And would they ever make John Connor? Would their scale and aesthetic match with NECAs in any case? **** knows.

I want NECA to do it. I....I..I don't understand why they haven't yet. If Randy is any sort of a Terminator fan I don't know how the lack of T2 John isn't annoying the ever-living **** out of him as it is me. 4 main characters in the movie and we've got 3. Why stop there. Just one ****ing more - the guy who the plot of the movie revolves around - come ON! :lol

a-dev
09-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Impatient fellow that I am I ordered the 1:4 scale yesterday. Looking forward to seeing it next to the Turtles and the Batman Returns stuff - movie icons of the early 90s.

If I can't stand to look at it without the sunglasses I'll just put them on him. I've got so many T-800s what would it matter if one of them wasn't completely accurate to a scene.

snoop101
09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
I want to get one just to recreate the battle across time look. Then I'd have to somehow hunt down a 1/4 plasma rifle.

jwkt05
09-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Hey guys - new here.
This is my NECA T2:3D figure with a 1:10 fatboy plus customed backdrops :-)
I have since removed the lights on the handle bars like the movie.
https://scontent.fhkg4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21457365_1526650320732717_3112740244791100672_o.jp g?oh=589549e8fa3fca1dcf5191df0031047c&oe=5A4EB4C5
https://scontent.fhkg4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21427215_1526650317399384_2468380890078646178_o.jp g?oh=f1e2f34b5a84fb65c87bfebcc98fff86&oe=5A50FEF4

jye4ever
09-09-2017, 11:16 AM
That looks great love his leg pose it makes him not only look powerful but also gives him life and makes both looks realistic.

ShadowGuardian
09-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Hey guys - new here.
https://scontent.fhkg4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21457365_1526650320732717_3112740244791100672_o.jp g?oh=589549e8fa3fca1dcf5191df0031047c&oe=5A4EB4C5
https://scontent.fhkg4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21427215_1526650317399384_2468380890078646178_o.jp g?oh=f1e2f34b5a84fb65c87bfebcc98fff86&oe=5A50FEF4That looks fantastic! Well done.

a-dev
09-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Welcome! Great choice of backdrops.

I'm another of the lucky ones to have a Fatboy for the 7'' line. I have a Maisto. Though I wish mine had the red detailing like yours. I think mine is gold and the Harley logo is gold and red whereas I think it should be more the colouration that yours has.

Lord Freezer
09-10-2017, 01:49 AM
I've just terminated my home-made pedestal (resin and metal) for my 18" T-800 endoskeleton by Neca...

rivera2171
09-11-2017, 01:18 PM
NECA Cinemachines Hunter Killer Tank...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4422/37168938385_0440b918ca_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YCuwrg)IMG_3106 (https://flic.kr/p/YCuwrg) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4353/36771255370_798c1ca068_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Y2mi8y)IMG_3105 (https://flic.kr/p/Y2mi8y) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4349/37168942775_2c98c88c2b_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YCuxJX)IMG_3103 (https://flic.kr/p/YCuxJX) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4387/37168947115_8f59d25677_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YCuz2M)IMG_3075 (https://flic.kr/p/YCuz2M) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

jaxon
09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
You fixed it. Good job!

rjszar
09-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Awesome. I was going to fix mine a couple of weeks ago until I saw that it had a missing wheel. Had to return it to BBTS and haven't gotten it back yet.:mad:

P.
09-11-2017, 03:04 PM
NECA Cinemachines Hunter Killer Tank...
:clap

a-dev
09-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Do you have any 'before' shots? To be honest I haven't really been clear on what's off with the stock tank - I've simply taken you guys at your word. I just never really paid the HKs much attention, too much time spent on Arnie's hair :monkey3

DiFabio
09-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Hey guys - new here.

Man, I want that 1:10 Fatboy . . . and a John Connor for the T-800 to protect. That first pose is perfect.

a-dev
09-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Well that can't be DiFabio posting today because he was perma-banned. I assume I've gone through Temporal Displacement without even realising it and I'm now in the past....

rivera2171
09-11-2017, 04:27 PM
You fixed it. Good job!

Awesome.

:clap
Thanks to you all! :hi5:

Do you have any 'before' shots? To be honest I haven't really been clear on what's off with the stock tank - I've simply taken you guys at your word. I just never really paid the HKs much attention, too much time spent on Arnie's hair :monkey3
hehe. I have some before and during shots that I will share right now...
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4345/36354794733_a24ec1b05f_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XoxPTK)IMG_3051 (https://flic.kr/p/XoxPTK) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4434/36354793703_657ac75835_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XoxPzZ)IMG_3052 (https://flic.kr/p/XoxPzZ) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
Head is backwards, turret is in the center and the arms are separated from the torso.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4366/36354789003_60f7d4da76_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XoxNbX)IMG_3055 (https://flic.kr/p/XoxNbX) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4357/36354787353_2f2abf91da_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XoxMGv)IMG_3056 (https://flic.kr/p/XoxMGv) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
Torso was glued to the center.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4367/36354784033_db025d3c99_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XoxLHg)IMG_3059 (https://flic.kr/p/XoxLHg) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4341/36354781083_f791e45f41_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XoxKQp)IMG_3064 (https://flic.kr/p/XoxKQp) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4374/36332499434_828df20e48_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xmzyh3)IMG_3067 (https://flic.kr/p/Xmzyh3) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
Pretty dumb of NECA how off this guy was to the actual HK Tank. And the way they designed it made it quite a chore to modify...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4406/36771258930_407d727cc0_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Y2mjbW)IMG_3100 (https://flic.kr/p/Y2mjbW) by riveras2007 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr
Lastly I applied silver sharpie to the piece. I think it looks much better than the dingy original paint job.(Sharpie on the right)

a-dev
09-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Thanks rivera. Guess I'll just skip it altogether. I don't think that kind of modding is in me.

ShadowGuardian
09-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Well that can't be DiFabio posting today because he was perma-banned. I assume I've gone through Temporal Displacement without even realising it and I'm now in the past....Was DiFabio actually perma-banned or is that just a running joke? How could that happen; he's been around here forever!

jye4ever
09-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Well that can't be DiFabio posting today because he was perma-banned. I assume I've gone through Temporal Displacement without even realising it and I'm now in the past....

lol good stuff

jwkt05
09-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Man, I want that 1:10 Fatboy . . . and a John Connor for the T-800 to protect. That first pose is perfect.

Not unless NECA makes one...

Fatboy can still be bought on eBay. This one in Black which is the 2002 version. This is the closest one to the one in the movie (save the lack of saddle bags and the extra tail lights)

jwkt05
09-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Not unless NECA makes one...

Fatboy can still be bought on eBay. This one in Black which is the 2002 version. This is the closest one to the one in the movie (save the lack of saddle bags and the extra tail lights)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERTL-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-2002-FATBOY-SERIES-1-SCALE-1-10-MIB-American-Muscle-/352164639043

The only one in black for sale on eBay at the moment. These things do pop up every once in a while so set an alert.

Vector
09-13-2017, 09:27 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERTL-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-2002-FATBOY-SERIES-1-SCALE-1-10-MIB-American-Muscle-/352164639043

The only one in black for sale on eBay at the moment. These things do pop up every once in a while so set an alert.

Man, I got that same ERTL fatboy NIB for $16 on eBay a while back so that price is crazy. :horror

It is a nice 1/10 diecast motorcycle, but not that nice...

snoop101
09-13-2017, 09:52 AM
I would have a hard time paying that for a 1/6 Harley let alone 1/10. :lol

a-dev
09-13-2017, 10:03 AM
$16? I don't think I have ever, ever gotten any semblance of a good deal for anything I've ever bought on ebay. I can't remember exactly what I paid for my Maisto Harley but it would have been close to that ERTL bike. I had no regrets though. I prefer having it than not and with my lack of luck in finding deals I would have ended up never having one.

jwkt05
09-13-2017, 10:07 AM
$16? I don't think I have ever, ever gotten any semblance of a good deal for anything I've ever bought on ebay. I can't remember exactly what I paid for my Maisto Harley but it would have been close to that ERTL bike. I had no regrets though. I prefer having it than not and with my lack of luck in finding deals I would have ended up never having one.

I paid ~US$125 for mine. It is expensive but hey they only go up in asking price on eBay so if I don't buy it now it would be harder to buy.

a-dev
09-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Based on what the others are saying about the price he might not be interested either but I wonder could you delete that post with link to the ebay listing and PM it to Difabio instead. He doesn't seem to be online right now and maybe someone else who's as nuts as we are would snap it up before he sees it.

jwkt05
09-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Based on what the others are saying about the price he might not be interested either but I wonder could you delete that post with link to the ebay listing and PM it to Difabio instead. He doesn't seem to be online right now and maybe someone else who's as nuts as we are would snap it up before he sees it.

Somebody already replied to that message with a quote so... there's that
But it's ok. These things do pop up on ebay every now and then.

a-dev
09-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Hah, good point. Vector would have to delete his post aswell.

Vector
09-13-2017, 11:05 AM

I went back and looked at the eBay order and I actually paid $28 total with shipping. That was two years ago. And mine is the ERTL Harley Davidson 2005 Fat Boy Series 13. I started looking on eBay for one just after the Ultimate T-800 was announced which had the added leg articulation. I knew at that point what I was going to use that figure for. I have since swapped out the T-800 with the rose box edition to be more screen accurate.

I know P., throttle joke... I am probably going to change his pose later to fix that.

P.
09-13-2017, 03:07 PM
I know P., throttle joke... I am probably going to change his pose later to fix that.i rarely even post in this thread :horror
well at least i'm remembered for something :lol

DiFabio
09-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Wait was there a deal I missed on the Fatboy or is it just that $133 thing?

a-dev
09-13-2017, 04:09 PM
No, I'm sure that was just a bit of one-off luck Vector had. I bet most of these sellers know exactly what people will use a black 1:10 Fatboy for and price up accordingly.

BTW, Vector - how come yours doesn't have wingmirrors?

Vector
09-13-2017, 05:02 PM
No, I'm sure that was just a bit of one-off luck Vector had. I bet most of these sellers know exactly what people will use a black 1:10 Fatboy for and price up accordingly.

BTW, Vector - how come yours doesn't have wingmirrors?

I saw these for $25-$45 for awhile on eBay after I bought mine but then the prices started climbing. I think you are right that sellers figured out that collectors where using these in their Terminator 2 displays.

I removed the mirrors because I thought that was screen accurate for some reason. I just watched the motorcycle chase scene again and yup, the mirrors are there so I guess I will put them back on.

a-dev
09-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Anyone found any videos of the 1/4 scale on youtube? I haven't.

Only 13 of them sold so far on NECA's ebay store (one of them to me) - compared to the Turtles that's incredibly slow. ****

rjszar
09-14-2017, 04:30 PM

Only 13 of them sold so far on NECA's ebay store (one of them to me) - compared to the Turtles that's incredibly slow. ****

Hmmm, I'm not surprised. I actually cancelled mine. The quality doesn't justify the price.

snoop101
09-14-2017, 06:09 PM

Not surprised really. We've seen the same figure from them so many times. SO lazy on Necas part. Even a few tweaks to the original sculpt would've helped tremendously.

a-dev
09-14-2017, 06:17 PM
I fear they will take this as an omen for the Terminator line as a whole.

NosferatuBill36
09-14-2017, 06:39 PM

They might.

But with Tim Miller spearheading Terminator 6(with news coming out VERY soon), I have a feeling NECA is not done with the franchise just yet.

MaulFan
09-15-2017, 05:58 AM

Sadly, I think such a decision may have been made back with Genisys figures. Hardly any stores around me who stock NECA even carried those figures, I got the clean T-800 slightly overpriced at a comic book store and the battle damaged one was never even stocked there, I had to order online. A majority of the Ultimate Terminator figures never hit stores either, I got Sarah by chance at a hobby shop. I see T1 T-800 at Toys R Us but never T2. Video game figures hurt the line too, I don't think Robocop vs Terminator was as popular as anticipated, they warmed many pegs around me and by the time NECA got back to movie figures I think stores were hesitant of the franchise.

snoop101
09-15-2017, 06:00 AM
My local toysrus and fye had a ton of the Genisys figures. Both seem to sell rather quickly too, because I had a hard time finding the battle damaged guardian.

MaulFan
09-15-2017, 06:03 AM
Overall, based on overall quality, I actually find the Genisys T-800s to be the nicest figures in my NECA collection, I wish T1 and T2 got properly updated figures with the quality and articulation they have, the Ultimates are ok, but we know their "short"comings and they're old figures with just a few more points of articulation added, brand new sculpts would have been nice.

Vector
09-15-2017, 06:03 AM
They might.

But with Tim Miller spearheading Terminator 6(with news coming out VERY soon), I have a feeling NECA is not done with the franchise just yet.

It looks like Tim will be collaborating with Cameron on the film. A different site says that Cameron will be the producer.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/terminator/news/a838037/terminator-6-hires-deadpool-director-tim-miller/

A quote from Cameron:

"Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it," Cameron explained."

Also a quote from Arnie:

"In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes a Conan."

a-dev
09-15-2017, 08:46 AM
Cameron's involvement, no matter how minor, is surely the only reason any studio is agreeing to a sixth Terminator at this point. However I still can't help but facepalm at the ''three film arc'' bit. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that James Avatar Cameron is talking in those terms but I still somehow am. ''You have to be smarter than this'' - that bull***t got Salvation and Genisys nowhere. So now you'll have yet another film that holds back the best material pending a sequel that will never happen because the first film doesn't make money - which is very possible even with Cameron behind it because the Terminator brand has taken some serious battle damage since 2003.

a-dev
09-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Sadly, I think such a decision may have been made back with Genisys figures. Hardly any stores around me who stock NECA even carried those figures, I got the clean T-800 slightly overpriced at a comic book store and the battle damaged one was never even stocked there, I had to order online. A majority of the Ultimate Terminator figures never hit stores either, I got Sarah by chance at a hobby shop. I see T1 T-800 at Toys R Us but never T2. Video game figures hurt the line too, I don't think Robocop vs Terminator was as popular as anticipated, they warmed many pegs around me and by the time NECA got back to movie figures I think stores were hesitant of the franchise.

MaulFan
09-15-2017, 09:05 AM
It all depends. T1 and T2 are pretty cohesive despite being unplanned and exist well as individual films, maybe Cameron could be smart enough to plan out a 3 part story that allows the pieces to stand alone as much as be part of a bigger story.

MaulFan
09-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Can someone with the Galleria Ultimate T-1000 or the Genisys T-1000 tell me, does the head attach to a ball joint the same as most NECA figures?

snoop101
09-15-2017, 12:53 PM

:lol That's awesome.

a-dev
09-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Can someone with the Galleria Ultimate T-1000 or the Genisys T-1000 tell me, does the head attach to a ball joint the same as most NECA figures?

Well here's the Genisys T-1000 anyway

I think the T2 Ultimate has the same head connection as the original T-1000 figure with the ball part staying in the torso (I'm at work and can't confirm at this time)

:lol That's awesome.

I'd love to see it on NECA's twitter.

MaulFan
09-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Thanks A-Dev, I'm looking at customizing a prison suit Hannibal Lecter using a T-1000 as a base body but I'm trying to figure out how the heads attach on the ultimates to make sure it would work, the Hannibal figures are ball joints like the old T2 figures.

a-dev
09-16-2017, 05:42 PM
The T2 Ultimate indeed has the ball in the torso itself, same size as the old figure. Not as bulky as the one for the T-800.

My 1:4 T-800 finally left the US, next week some time.

DiFabio
09-16-2017, 05:52 PM
Not mine. Only pics I could find. Paint apps look pretty clean, which is a plus.

a-dev
09-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Hmm. Thanks for that.

-Feminine pose and the left arm looks like it's bending backwards.

-Nicer angle on the sculpt, the jaw doesn't look as exaggerated as it did in the previous boxed photos

-The hair is still the best sculpt of his T2 style that anyone has done.

-Paint does look clean but obviously you wouldn't stand this next to the BD Enterbay, it's still cartoony by comparison. This is why I've resisted NECA 1:4 humans for the most part. (Catwoman counts as one I suppose, maybe Penguin?)

-They should have at least provided non-gloved hands and his shotgun aswell - I mean one of their promo shots on the side of the box is from the desert scenes

Still looking forward to it though.

DiFabio
09-16-2017, 07:40 PM
I'll get it when it's clearanced. It's too lazy of a release for me to really care.

Curious about how the minigun holds up.

a-dev
09-16-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm planning to use the Enterbay weapons with it. I'll try Doggiedoc's 1:4 teargas launcher aswell.

DiFabio
09-16-2017, 07:53 PM
The real question is, will those tiny hands be able to grasp them. Well that, and how long before we see a 7" Terminator with "all new ab crunch!".

I'd really like to see what an all new 2017 or 2018 Terminator sculpt looks like.

GasparZizou
09-16-2017, 08:05 PM
How long before we get a 7" Ultimate 2.0 that has that diaphragm joint?

a-dev
09-16-2017, 08:07 PM
If they've got Trevor Grove doing work for them now then yeah I'd love to see him have a shot.

The T-1000 is a bit long in the face - I mean literally long in the face - just by a smidge. That's his only problem IMO. Sarah Connor they nailed in one attempt. John Connor they.....oh....

DiFabio
09-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Forget John Connor. If it's Terminator related and it ain't already previously sculpted, you're SOL pal.

ShadowGuardian
09-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Looking pretty good and the head looks improved compared to the promotional pictures, at least from this angle.

Now some out of box pictures or a review or something would be nice.

a-dev
09-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Found more pics, from the same guy as the ones DiFabio found - he's actually a member, Markus Wright I think is his name here. He's the one who made that incredible 1:6 T2 Armory diorama.

I think it looks pretty good. The minigun looks solid, I'm so used to the 1:10 scale one being warped out of shape.

atexp80
09-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Looks pretty solid to me! Waiting for it to arrive in Australia and.then I'll grab it in a sale.

snoop101
09-17-2017, 11:26 PM
Was my previous post deleted? Weird.

It looks good in the recent pics, I'm going to make this into a T2-3D T-800. I need to track down a 1/4 plasma rifle.

MaulFan
09-18-2017, 03:06 AM
From front on the head looks nice, the more you turn it though, it looks too squished from front to back making the face look too long.

Considering it's all based on 10 year old work, it is impressive.

ShadowGuardian
09-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Found more pics, from the same guy as the ones DiFabio found - he's actually a member, Markus Wright I think is his name here. He's the one who made that incredible 1:6 T2 Armory diorama.

I think it looks pretty good. The minigun looks solid, I'm so used to the 1:10 scale one being warped out of shape.Looking pretty sweet! I assume the handgun and sunglasses are still there, just not pictured. Wonder if NECA included any extra little bonus surprises with this one; they have done that before with some of their Q scale figures.

DiFabio
09-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Looks good for what it is, a blown up jumbo version of the 7" figure.

revo
09-18-2017, 08:21 PM
https://moviefigurecollection.blogspot.jp/2017/09/terminator-2-14-scale-action-figure-t.html

DiFabio
09-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Don't use the image code, just type in the link like this.

https://moviefigurecollection.blogspot.jp/2017/09/terminator-2-14-scale-action-figure-t.html

That looks very good.

Khev
09-18-2017, 08:27 PM
From front on the head looks nice, the more you turn it though, it looks too squished from front to back making the face look too long.

Considering it's all based on 10 year old work, it is impressive.

Why did Arnold need a stuntman out in the desert?

revo
09-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Don't use the image code, just type in the link like this.

That looks very good.

Thank you.

P.
09-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Why did Arnold need a stuntman out in the desert?
for some shots of the chip extraction scene maybe, where there was actually no mirror?

revo
09-19-2017, 02:51 AM
https://moviefigurecollection.blogspot.jp/2017/09/terminator-2-14-scale-action-figure-t_19.html

a-dev
09-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the pics revo.

Not a perfect sculpt for the scale but honestly the Enterbay clean headsculpt will still annoy me way more than this old NECA head will.

DiFabio
09-19-2017, 12:02 PM
I agree. I'll take the slight caricature of the "out dated" NECA over the puffed out rounded hair/head on the Enterbay. This one has better torso and shoulder proportions too.

If NECA blew up their Steel Mill/Final Battle though, it wouldn't touch what Enterbay did. That Steel Mill Entberbay is still my favorite Terminator figure ever made.

MaulFan
09-19-2017, 12:55 PM
If money were not an issue, I’d absolutely go for NECA 1/4 for the mini gun scene representation, but I have a tight budget and when you have Enterbay, you don’t feel the need for any other T2 1/4 scale.

snoop101
09-19-2017, 01:10 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but as much as I love Enterbays head sculpt, the rest of the figure just cheapens the overall presence. Bad weathering and holes on the jacket, The horribly painted blood on the exposed endo parts, inaccurate battle damaged arm, and the torn "shark teeth" skin above the knee brings the figure down for me.

a-dev
09-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Beautiful shot Maulfan

I agree. I'll take the slight caricature of the "out dated" NECA over the puffed out rounded hair/head on the Enterbay. This one has better torso and shoulder proportions too.

If NECA blew up their Steel Mill/Final Battle though, it wouldn't touch what Enterbay did. That Steel Mill Entberbay is still my favorite Terminator figure ever made.

It pains me to this day that Scuderia wasn't given a chance to do a new clean head and a semi-BD head :monkey2

I know I'm in the minority here but as much as I love Enterbays head sculpt, the rest of the figure just cheapens the overall presence. Bad weathering and holes on the jacket, The horribly painted blood on the exposed endo parts, inaccurate battle damaged arm, and the torn "shark teeth" skin above the knee brings the figure down for me.

I don't disagree with your criticisms. The knee battle-damage in particular is shockingly amateur.

jye4ever
09-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Sure the Enterbay has some questionable battle damage aesthetics and design choices but everyone that walks into my collection room always goes to him first and says either wow or cool.

Khev
09-19-2017, 03:07 PM
Sure the Enterbay has some questionable battle damage aesthetics and design choices but everyone that walks into my collection room always goes to him first and says either wow or cool.

Yeah I'm sure he looks awesome next to all your NECA and SW Black Series figures, lol.

;)

DiFabio
09-19-2017, 03:29 PM
It pains me to this day that Scuderia wasn't given a chance to do a new clean head and a semi-BD head :monkey2

Atleast we got the battle damaged one. Imagine if Enterbat just made regular and that was it.

Captain Clown
09-19-2017, 03:49 PM
That Steel Mill Entberbay is still my favorite Terminator figure ever made.

Do you have their T-1000? I've been seriously considering picking it up, especially with the sale price at BBTS, but I'd rather hear some opinions on it first.

jye4ever
09-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'm sure he looks awesome next to all your NECA and SW Black Series figures, lol.

;)

This is why he gets a wow he's surrounded by Diamond Selects and Spawn action figures lol

DiFabio
09-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Do you have their T-1000? I've been seriously considering picking it up, especially with the sale price at BBTS, but I'd rather hear some opinions on it first.

Yeah I got it around Spring. It's great.

I would have preferred the regular cop look with the shoes and utility belt, but the Steel Mill isn't bad at all. That donut head is amazing.

Khev
09-19-2017, 04:05 PM
This is why he gets a wow he's surrounded by Diamond Selects and Spawn action figures lol

:lol :lol

Captain Clown
09-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Yeah I got it around Spring. It's great.

I would have preferred the regular cop look with the shoes and utility belt, but the Steel Mill isn't bad at all. That donut head is amazing.

Ah, I was wondering why they didn't include the big hook arms. I didn't realize it was based on one specific scene.

I'll probably try picking one up soon. Thanks!

a-dev
09-19-2017, 04:24 PM
What's there is great but it could have come with so much more. Buy it if you'd be perfectly happy just to have a Steel Mill T-1000 with the hole blasted in his head on your shelf. It does look amazing.

DiFabio
09-19-2017, 04:28 PM
It's a good companion piece to the BD Terminator.

I sold the regular Terminator early on so while I would have loved a T-1000 from the beginning of the film, the Strel Mill look made more sense since the Damaged Terminator is the only Arnold I'd keep.

Also, metal rod.

Captain Clown
09-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Gotcha. And yeah, I'd probably display him with the BD head or the "no-no" hand.

Was their BD T-800 ever rereleased at a lower price like that? Is it worth getting even for $500-$600? I was a bit turned off by Enterbay when those were released after hearing stories about their MiB & BB figures, so I never picked them up.

Thanks for the replies!

Vector
09-20-2017, 02:01 PM
I know there is a movie section for this stuff but I thought you guys would be interested:

Linda Hamilton joining Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron's Terminator re-launch

She’ll be back.

After waving hasta la vista, baby, more than 25 years ago, Linda Hamilton is returning to the world of Terminator, reuniting with James Cameron, the creator of the sci-fi franchise, for the new installment being made by Skydance and Paramount.

More here:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/linda-hamilton-joining-arnold-schwarzenegger-james-camerons-terminator-relaunch-134131512.html

GasparZizou
09-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Just let the franchise ****ing die dammit.

DiFabio
09-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Honestly, I always wondered what happened to Sarah Connor in the future of James Cameron's Terminator films. I know in the original draft of the Terminator, Sarah was killed around the 2000s in a bunker raid. The machines take her body and autopsies show that metal piece in her leg. Originally, every Sarah victim the Terminator killed in 1984 had their leg sliced with a knife since he was checking that part of the body for that metal to confirm whether or not he terminated the correct Sarah. The twist would be that he actually caused it when Reese blows him up and the shrapnel hits Sarah.

So ideally, this could be the Future War film people have been waiting for. Cameron was talking about abandoned concepts in recent interviews for T2-3D, could be decent if it's approached right and there isn't any more time travel. T2 was basically all the unsee concepts from the first film (Cameron wanted to have a liquid metal Terminator, have Kyle and Sarah make an attempt to destroy Cyberdyne, etc. etc.). This new film could be all the material that didn't make it to T1 and T2, which was mostly the future scenes.

Arnold shouldn't be in them anymore though. His inclusion doesn't make any sense. He'll just make it ridiculous.

Captain Clown
09-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Arnold shouldn't be in them anymore though. His inclusion doesn't make any sense. He'll just make it ridiculous.

https://m.popkey.co/be50a8/K6q3D.gif

I haven't seen Genisys in a while, but I remember thinking the de-aged CGI T-800 looked really good. Better than Tarkin in RO IMO.

GasparZizou
09-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Cameron doesn't care about it anymore, almost zero change anything good comes out of prolonging this franchise.

He's in it to better leverage his upcoming Avatars.

DiFabio
09-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Terminator Genisys was awful. How old was pops by present day, in his 60s, 70s? In all that time he never learned how to smile convincingly and still sounded like a robot.

In less than 48 hours, the first two Terminators learned things like taunts, "**** you ass****" and proper smiles.

Without Cameron's direction, Arnold as the Terminator is ridiculous. It's made even more apparent when he's an old ****. Give someone else a chance to be an infiltrator/Terminator unit.

ShadowGuardian
09-20-2017, 06:23 PM

I haven't seen Genisys in a while, but I remember thinking the de-aged CGI T-800 looked really good. Better than Tarkin in RO IMO.

367116Tarkin was also a full CGI recreation of a dead man. Arnold is obviously still alive so technically it's a little easier to de-age him.

GasparZizou
09-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Without Cameron's direction, Arnold as the Terminator is ridiculous. It's made even more apparent when he's an old ****. Give someone else a chance to be an infiltrator/Terminator unit.
Dwayne Johnson as.... The Terminator!

DiFabio
09-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Noooooo

Darthvong
09-20-2017, 06:49 PM

I thought it was well done also. Would've been cool it he was in it a bit longer rather than the t1000

jye4ever
09-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Terminator Genisys was awful. How old was pops by present day, in his 60s, 70s? In all that time he never learned how to smile convincingly and still sounded like a robot.

In less than 48 hours, the first two Terminators learned things like taunts, "**** you ass****" and proper smiles.

Good to read DiFabio analysis again.

Yup, Arnold wasn’t the only cool terminator to be shown.

Captain Clown
09-20-2017, 06:50 PM
How old was pops by present day, in his 60s, 70s? In all that time he never learned how to smile convincingly and still sounded like a robot.

But it's fuuunny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1sA96Ak3xA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQN9u44mMrk

jye4ever
09-20-2017, 06:53 PM
What an awful movie.

I’ll never watch Salvation and TG ever again yuck.

I occasionally get the urge to revisit T3 though.

:chase

Vector
09-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Reading through some new interview info and Cameron is saying that the first new film will be a direct sequel to T2. So all of the Terminator films that came after it are being dropped down the memory hole.

Concerning some possible plot points Cameron talks about how the flesh component for the T-800 would probably have had a human genetic donor so perhaps Arnolds role will be that of a future war resistance fighter who is captured and used as a template for the T-800's coverings.

Based on that, Linda's role could possibly be future war Sarah who befriends Arnolds character and tries to save him after is captured by the machines.

Cameron also talks about Arnold and Linda passing the mantle to younger actors to carry on the franchise. So, before he is captured, Arnolds character and Sarah mentor the young resistance fighters. And, after Arnold and Sarah are both killed during the rescue mission, the young resistance fighters carry on the war with the machines in films two and three.

Just speculation on my part but this plot line would mean no time travel and no old Arnold as a T-800.

jye4ever
09-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Reading through some new interview info and Cameron is saying that the first new film will be a direct sequel to T2. So all of the Terminator films that came after it are being dropped down the memory hole.

Concerning some possible plot points Cameron talks about how the flesh component for the T-800 would probably have had a human genetic donor so perhaps Arnolds role will be that of a future war resistance fighter who is captured and used as a template for the T-800's coverings.

Based on that, Linda's role could possibly be future war Sarah who befriends Arnolds character and tries to save him after is captured by the machines.

Cameron also talks about Arnold and Linda passing the mantle to younger actors to carry on the franchise. So, before he is captured, Arnolds character and Sarah mentor the young resistance fighters. And, after Arnold and Sarah are both killed during the rescue mission, the young resistance fighters carry on the war with the machines in films two and three.

Just speculation on my part but this plot line would mean no time travel and no old Arnold as a T-800.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mef7bubTvh1rgwbnzo1_250.gif

Vector
09-20-2017, 07:40 PM
^^^ Yeah, if the first film bombs, then Cameron's plan for a trilogy probably won't happen.

Captain Clown
09-20-2017, 07:45 PM
Just like what happened with Salvation and Genisys.

P.
09-20-2017, 07:56 PM
they cheapened the vision of a T-800 so much already that Schwarzenegger should sue them for humiliating his career establishing role instead of playing clowns again and again. greed is bad mkay.
(i doubt "establishing" is a correct word here, but couldn't come up with a proper synonym due to my poor vocabulary.)

a-dev
09-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Even T2 fans despise the fact that that became the default idea of the Terminator. I think there's room to both like it in T2 and then say ''OK, but that's enough''. By doing it again in T3 and Genisys they were just cashing on the gimmick and writing more superfluous stories around it instead of doing something that might have actually had value and merit - a proper future war movie, Kyle Reese's story in full movie form - and a single movie for godsakes. Why does it always have to be a ****ing trilogy now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8LIqGfuvQw

Khev
09-20-2017, 09:43 PM
If Arnold plays a human in the new movie then he needs to be a straight badass like Charlton Heston in True Lies. No self-effacing jokes AT ALL.

And no more "come with me if you want to live" or any variation of "I'll be back." And I also don't see why there needs to be another while trilogy. Just call it some variation of "Terminator 3" and then forever release blu-ray box sets of "James Cameron's T1/T2/T3" *as* a trilogy.

P.
09-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Even T2 fans despise the fact that that became the default idea of the Terminator.at least in T2 he wasn't a clown.

I think there's room to both like it in T2 and then say ''OK, but that's enough''.perfectly put.

Bravomite
09-21-2017, 02:55 AM
This has the potential to be first ok sequel since T2 for me.

I hated that Sarah Connor died off screen in T3 and the casting choice for John Connor was a joke. If JC believed that they had prevented judgement day then why be in hiding e.g. I'd expect him to end up with the T2 'happy ending''. If, however, he thought it would still happen then why was he some weedy loser - if I was told that I was going to be the leader of the resistance, that judgement day was coming and I lived through the events of T2 then holy cow I would spend the rest of my days training for this future war. It was totally derivative of T2 but failed to grasp any of the magic of it. Too many T850 comedy moments and a PG13 rating really weakened it. I did like that the T-850 killed future JC and it was an interesting idea that judgement day was always inevitable but that clashes with the established 'no fate but what you make' idea from the other films... in conclusion I give James Cameron permission to terminate it / tape over it / use time travel to erase it what ever haha

I liked Salvation more because it at least tried to show the future war but overall the movie was a disappointment and there is no way that weedy loser JC from T3 became hardened shouty Bale JC in Salvation. I did like the casting choice for young Kyle Reese though. But again James Cameron has permission to jettison it from continuity

Finally what's a genisys ... nope don't no what you are talking about - I refuse to believe that a film that awful exists.

I wish this was just planned to be a one and done end to James Cameron's trilogy. Some of the ideas you are suggesting sound really cool and I would love to see them explored. Unfortunatley this sounds like it is planned to be the Terminator franchises version of 'The Force Awakens' or 'The Skynet Awakens'. A superior film than the prequels ... I mean T3, Salvation and Genisys but still trying too hard to emulate The Terminator and T2 and not really adding to the series but simply re-treading old ideas... I think they are already looking to cast Rey or the equivalent. I hope I'm wrong... I really do

Alice
09-21-2017, 03:09 AM
Everything a-dev and P. said, and this:

If Arnold plays a human in the new movie then he needs to be a straight badass like Charlton Heston in True Lies. No self-effacing jokes AT ALL.

And no more "come with me if you want to live" or any variation of "I'll be back." And I also don't see why there needs to be another while trilogy. Just call it some variation of "Terminator 3" and then forever release blu-ray box sets of "James Cameron's T1/T2/T3" *as* a trilogy.

Except they better not call it T3RMINATOR. I'm sick of movie titles trying to be clever with numbering.

MaulFan
09-21-2017, 03:30 AM
Let’s face it, studios want sequels so as much as a stand alone may be best, I’d rather see a continued story planned than scrambling for ideas later, Matrix trilogy.

MaulFan
09-21-2017, 03:36 AM
Tarkin was also a full CGI recreation of a dead man. Arnold is obviously still alive so technically it's a little easier to de-age him.

Arnold was a full CGI model too, made similar to Tarkin off an old life cast and then further worked on based off reference.

jye4ever
09-21-2017, 04:02 AM
Even T2 fans despise the fact that that became the default idea of the Terminator. I think there's room to both like it in T2 and then say ''OK, but that's enough''. By doing it again in T3 and Genisys they were just cashing on the gimmick and writing more superfluous stories around it instead of doing something that might have actually had value and merit - a proper future war movie, Kyle Reese's story in full movie form - and a single movie for godsakes. Why does it always have to be a ****ing trilogy now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8LIqGfuvQw

:exactly: :lecture

The way to make Terminator great again seems very obvious yet the creators go the opposite direction, so frustrating

P.
09-21-2017, 04:50 AM
The way to make Terminator great againis to stop raping it once and for all.
all those "future war" materials are impossible to make today because the theme is not interesting anymore, and everybody saw every effect they could come up with. so zero possibility of both an interesting story and interesting visuals.
plus there are so many jajujists in terminator community that it's impossible to please the crowd and make something good at the same time.
the grass was green alright, it died, new grass raised, stop kicking the dried corpse.

jye4ever
09-21-2017, 06:02 AM
is to stop raping it once and for all.
all those "future war" materials are impossible to make today because the theme is not interesting anymore, and everybody saw every effect they could come up with. so zero possibility of both an interesting story and interesting visuals.
plus there are so many jajujists in terminator community that it's impossible to please the crowd and make something good at the same time.
the grass was green alright, it died, new grass raised, stop kicking the dried corpse.

Well........yeah lol

I agree with you 100% P but that’s your brain talking.

P.
09-21-2017, 06:30 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=367156&d=1505998951that so called "terminator saga" ended in 1984 :lol

a-dev
09-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Grrr, it's looking like my 1:4 scale figure is going to push into next week. He's here in Ireland but I don't think they'll have completed all the ****ing around with it that they apparently did with Michelangelo before saturday hits. We don't have Saturday deliveries here.

No one needs to know this. I suppose I'm just writing it to try to mentally prepare myself for disappointment tomorrow.

at least in T2 he wasn't a clown.
perfectly put.

:duff

Khev
09-21-2017, 08:27 AM
this sounds like it is planned to be the Terminator franchises version of 'The Force Awakens' or 'The Skynet Awakens'. A superior film than the prequels ... I mean T3, Salvation and Genisys but still trying too hard to emulate The Terminator and T2 and not really adding to the series but simply re-treading old ideas... I think they are already looking to cast Rey or the equivalent.

I'm glad you said it as The Force Awakens appears to be exactly what Cameron is trying to emulate despite him openly criticizing that approach a little over a year ago.

Bringing the old gang back together after three crappy movies. Check.
Pass the torch to a young girl. Check.
Make it a trilogy. Check.
Give it to a fan favorite director who previously found success kickstarting a competing genre. Check.
Sound like an idiot criticizing Wonder Woman's good looks. Che--okay that one is just Cameron, lol.

a-dev
09-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Yeah this is really not a series where any torch needs to be passed. No one cares about it beyond the first 2 films and the particular cast and characters contained therein. Is that not clear by now?

Khev
09-21-2017, 08:55 AM
I know that Cameron's ego will no longer let him contribute to properties that he himself didn't create but if he's hellbent on continuing one of his classics with a passing of the torch to a younger leading lady why not go for the low hanging fruit of Ripley to Newt? Newt's even his character with built in nostalgia AND an uncontrived backstory.

I know that Fox owns ALIEN but what are they going to do tell him no?

MaulFan
09-21-2017, 09:06 AM
I don't think we'd see Cameron near the Aliens series until Ridley finishes his trilogy.

a-dev
09-21-2017, 09:10 AM
I don't think we'd see Cameron near the Aliens series until Ridley finishes his trilogy.

Ridley's as bad as Cameron now - last I read it wasn't supposed to be a trilogy starting with Prometheus - it's supposed to be a trilogy starting with Covenant. Or something.

Khev
09-21-2017, 09:14 AM

I think that Cameron could easily muscle in a true sequel to ALIENS if he really wanted to. Fox can't be happy with the cratering box office of Ridley's extended take on the series.

But of course I agree with you. For a number of reasons there's just no way we'll see Cameron return to this particular franchise. I'm not sure why he even wants to return to Terminator though. He's getting the rights back and could easily just bury T3/TS/Genisys forevermore and only allow T1/T2 to ever be sold for home viewing going forward.

MaulFan
09-21-2017, 09:18 AM
I think that Cameron could easily muscle in a true sequel to ALIENS if he really wanted to. Fox can't be happy with the cratering box office of Ridley's extended take on the series.

Wasn't that basically the film Blomkamp was trying to put out and was scrapped for Ridley's? Yes Cameron would have more value to the studio, but it'd be a slap to the face to let Cameron do it when the previous idea sounded pretty solid, unless they collaborate.

Alice
09-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Ridley's as bad as Cameron now

Ridley has always been a hack. Just got lucky to work on projects that included people with actual talent.

Bravomite
09-21-2017, 09:38 AM
I know that Cameron's ego will no longer let him contribute to properties that he himself didn't create but if he's hellbent on continuing one of his classics with a passing of the torch to a younger leading lady why not go for the low hanging fruit of Ripley to Newt? Newt's even his character with built in nostalgia AND an uncontrived backstory.

I know that Fox owns ALIEN but what are they going to do tell him no?

I agree - it just seems more appropriate to do it with Aliens than Terminator.

With Terminator I only care about Sarah Connor, Kyle Reese and to a lesser extent John Connor. I don't mind seeing another movie now that Linda Hamilton is returning but I am not interested in the slightest in seeing them pass the torch to a new generation.

NosferatuBill36
09-21-2017, 10:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQ8pNlU8AU1bnd.jpg:large

Saw a 1/4 at my local store. Excellent QC by Neca.

a-dev
09-21-2017, 10:45 AM
:lol There's his head in the bottom right corner. God knows what condition it must be in...

MaulFan
09-21-2017, 10:51 AM
So they are releasing a 1/4 scale battle damaged T-800.

ShadowGuardian
09-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Well that's unfortunate. They put the twist tie there for a reason.

a-dev
09-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Most unexpectedly received my 1:4 T-800 today. Seems Saturday deliveries will finally be a thing in Ireland.

I can't really do anything with it right now. I'll need to take a hairdryer to it to straighten things out and get his calf joint properly seated which it isn't currently.

That new torso joint feels like it alters his proportions a little bit - his waist now seems skinnier, his thighs closer together. I'm not really sure right now if that's my imagination or if he in fact is slimmed down relative to the proportions of the smaller figures. I'm undecided if it is a good or a bad thing.

Other observations

- they've smoothed his skin thank ****. The 12'' had that sandpaper texture.
- grenades have a nice gold shimmer to them, really love this. Makes the bandolier stand out
- minigun and ammo track thing (proper name isn't coming to me for some reason) look nice. I think the barrels on the minigun can spin (haven't cracked that open yet but I've gripped it through the blister and tried to manipulate them - sure looked like they were moving independently)

On the QC front

-aforementioned calf not seated properly. Hairdryer should fix.
-diaper part of his pants not as shiny as his thighs
-lower arm popped out - it's not broken but the glue keeping the joint up inside the upper arm came undone and just needs to be reglued
-I was initially disgusted at what appeared to be scuffing on his nose - thankfully this was just some sort of waxy residue that came off.
-small little black speck on his chin, not too bothered about that though
-the tiniest of discrepancies in the painting of his eyebrows making one thicker than the other - however I make this sound worse than it actually is. And it would be an easy fix even for me.

It's a funny one. Sometimes I'm looking at this head and thinking it's fine but then 10 seconds later I'm thinking ''Christ, that jaw, that chin''. I think Windrix definitely recognises the distinguishing features of Arnie but he caricatured them a bit here. The lower face seems like it's in a larger scale than the upper face....and then the light catches it from a different angle and I stop noticing it. But the fact that there's any doubt probably means there's an issue there, no smoke without fire.

All-in-all I'm glad I have it though. It'll be cool to have a 1:4 Cyberdyne on display.

ShadowGuardian
09-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Most unexpectedly received my 1:4 T-800 today. Seems Saturday deliveries will finally be a thing in Ireland.

I can't really do anything with it right now. I'll need to take a hairdryer to it to straighten things out and get his calf joint properly seated which it isn't currently.

That new torso joint feels like it alters his proportions a little bit - his waist now seems skinnier, his thighs closer together. I'm not really sure right now if that's my imagination or if he in fact is slimmed down relative to the proportions of the smaller figures. I'm undecided if it is a good or a bad thing.

Other observations

- they've smoothed his skin thank ****. The 12'' had that sandpaper texture.
- grenades have a nice gold shimmer to them, really love this. Makes the bandolier stand out
- minigun and ammo track thing (proper name isn't coming to me for some reason) look nice. I think the barrels on the minigun can spin (haven't cracked that open yet but I've gripped it through the blister and tried to manipulate them - sure looked like they were moving independently)

On the QC front

-aforementioned calf not seated properly. Hairdryer should fix.
-diaper part of his pants not as shiny as his thighs
-lower arm popped out - it's not broken but the glue keeping the joint up inside the upper arm came undone and just needs to be reglued
-I was initially disgusted at what appeared to be scuffing on his nose - thankfully this was just some sort of waxy residue that came off.
-small little black speck on his chin, not too bothered about that though
-the tiniest of discrepancies in the painting of his eyebrows making one thicker than the other - however I make this sound worse than it actually is. And it would be an easy fix even for me.

It's a funny one. Sometimes I'm looking at this head and thinking it's fine but then 10 seconds later I'm thinking ''Christ, that jaw, that chin''. I think Windrix definitely recognises the distinguishing features of Arnie but he caricatured them a bit here. The lower face seems like it's in a larger scale than the upper face....and then the light catches it from a different angle and I stop noticing it. But the fact that there's any doubt probably means there's an issue there, no smoke without fire.

All-in-all I'm glad I have it though. It'll be cool to have a 1:4 Cyberdyne on display.Thanks for the mini review! Overall I'm feeling like its a pretty solid figure but not something to totally rave about. I guess I'll see for myself when I get mine.

Now let's see some pictures!

a-dev
09-23-2017, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the mini review! Overall I'm feeling like its a pretty solid figure but not something to totally rave about. I guess I'll see for myself when I get mine.

Now let's see some pictures!

Thanks. Alas pics will have to come later.

Can't wait to set him up properly.

snoop101
09-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Though not accurate to the cyberdyne scene, how does he look with the sun glasses on a-Dev?

a-dev
09-23-2017, 09:04 AM
It'll be another hour or two before I can open up everything to test. I'm actually not too offended by him without the glasses as it turns out but I'll still give them a whirl of course.

DiFabio
09-23-2017, 09:13 AM
Is it heavy? Does it feel like quality or crap.

a-dev
09-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Ohhh I'm buzzing with the possibilities for this now that I've been able to give it a closer look (though I'm going out tonight, still can't really dig in or take pics).

I put the Enterbay sunglasses on him and all of a sudden BOOM - Terminator 2 Arnold Schwarzenegger. Issues with the sculpt disappear. It makes no sense. If the jaw is the problem then why does hiding his eyes help? ''Messes with your head''. But yeah - people will think I'm mad but I would easily take this old NECA sculpt over the clean Enterbay head any day of the week and twice on Judgment Day sorry

So yeah, I think there's real potential here for great kitbashes and customs - using Enterbay parts with this, using the grenade bandolier from this with the Enterbay if one so chooses - I can't speak highly enough of that bandolier, it's beautiful! If I study it hard enough I do find some areas where there's minor bleed of black paint onto the grenade but as I said you have to look for them. Awesome gold shimmer from them and they're the right size proportionally - remember how Hot Toys and Enterbay always undersized the grenades so they could actually fit in the M-79? As a result the Cyberdyne look for those figures never looks quite right. The only thing about these NECA grenades is that they're sculpted as part of the bandolier, there's no removing them.

It remains a bummer about the lack of alternate hands - especially since these hands are easily removed from their ball-joint. No hairdryer necessary. I'm sure there would be some way of using the Enterbay hands with this though, some sort of adaptor that could be fashioned.

Is it heavy? Does it feel like quality or crap.

He's heavy. And I was surprised at how different it feels to hold this figure than the 12'' - obviously the weight but also this guy has a bunch of articulation that the 12'' figure didn't have and so you have parts wobbling under their own weight ever so slightly whereas nothing moved at all on the 12''.

Oh...on a bum note though I think this guy really needs a stand. His ankles aren't supporting him....dunno how Marcus Wright got him to stand.

DiFabio
09-23-2017, 12:19 PM
I want to see pics of these discoveries boi. You're probably one of the few people that actually has both EB Terminators as well as this NECA.

And, no reason this thing couldn't have had flesh hands atleast.

a-dev
09-23-2017, 12:21 PM
I want to see pics aswell. ****ing wish I wasn't going out now. Didn't think I'd get this today. :lol

DiFabio
09-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Bring it with you! You can take selfies with your very own Terminator.

How is the mini gun? Obviously not as nice as the EB, but is it quality?

a-dev
09-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Bring it with you! You can take selfies with your very own Terminator.

How is the mini gun? Obviously not as nice as the EB, but is it quality?

It's a little smaller than the Enterbay one and doesn't have any metal parts or that decal on the main body but it's no embarrassment by any means. The barrels do indeed rotate, everything is completely straight and it has that curly bit that's missing on the Enterbay (and possibly also the HT) minigun - that part that wraps under the ammo-chain.

The figure's own sunglasses fit extremely well but unfortunately they don't have any transparency. I shone a really bright flashlight on them, there's nothing. Not a major deal though.

jye4ever
09-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Wait the minigun is even smaller than the already undersized EB minigun lol

I have $110 TrU gift card in my wallet...hmmmm.

Should I piss off the wife or not is the question.

snoop101
09-23-2017, 02:45 PM
What else are you going to use the gift card on? When it shows up Say you got it for her. :lol

snoop101
09-23-2017, 02:48 PM
The glasses not being transparent kind of sucks. Everything else sounds good.

jye4ever
09-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Good point I know beneath her love of lingerie, perfumes and heels is an even greater love of 1/4 scale action figures.

Thanks for opening my eyes. :hi5:

snoop101
09-23-2017, 02:51 PM
:lol

Staps1138
09-23-2017, 02:56 PM

Go for it, who knows how long you may have to use it with all the TRU rumblings. Besides that amount should cover most of the the expense and you could always say it was on sale. Isn't that what the wives always say - lol?

DiFabio
09-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Just buy it and say it was a gift if she sees it. You can even blame me for it if you want.

jye4ever
09-23-2017, 04:49 PM
She just said...”Oh he’s back” lol

She wants to ban the entire forum from my life :lol

a-dev
09-23-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm ****ing hammered drunk, just got myself home. Still think the NECA 1:4 is a superior 1991 Arnold Schwarzenegger than the Enterbay.

Snoop101 should be delighted with how the Battle Across Time look diplays.

The strength of the left arm to hold up the heavy Enterbay Shotgun is a matter of concern though. The wrist joints are not strong.

a-dev
09-23-2017, 10:14 PM
I should also say for people's clarity - the Enterbay Clean T-800 is taller than the NECA version by at least a half of a head.

snoop101
09-23-2017, 11:53 PM
:lol at your hammered drunk comment. :duff

Yeah I'm excited to get this, which is something I never thought I would say regarding this figure and the negativity surrounding Necas Terminator line as of late. Now I need to find a decent 1/4 plasma rifle.

a-dev
09-24-2017, 08:53 AM
I'm glad that's all I seem to have posted last night. I was indeed hammered.

Looking my posts over I expressed much enthusiasm for the figure - and most of that was before I got drunk so I stand by it.

Sorry I still have no pics - that issue with the lower leg joint not being properly seated isn't the easy fix I assumed it would be - it just will not go in all the way so I'm going to have to shave the joint down or drill the hollow deeper in his leg and I haven't yet had time to do that. Seems like there's always gotta be something wrong to either reduce or delay my enjoyment of these NECA 1:4s.

jye4ever
09-24-2017, 10:23 AM
Good thing NECA doesn’t make car brakes or airplane engines.

Lord Freezer
09-25-2017, 02:00 PM

a-dev
09-25-2017, 05:47 PM

I've passed on that and the flying HK. Just wasn't excited enough about them and then when the inaccuracies were exposed in this thread I took that as my excuse not to spend the money. Oddly I'm more interested in the Alien/Aliens Cinemachines yet to come.

As is often the case what looks great in my camera's viewfinder ends up not so great in the actual shot but here's my 1:4 T-800

^^ the wrist joints unfortunately are far too weak for him to hold up the Enterbay shotgun (which is real wood and metal) - the plasma rifle from the Hot Toys Endoskeleton is just plastic and he has an easier time with that.

^^Enterbay Minigun, M79 and ammo bag. These are all bigger than their NECA equivalents. The M79 falls off his shoulder annoyingly often though

^^in an effort to be realistic about what we're getting - here's a closer look at his face without the glasses

^^I love the neck on these NECA sculpts. Something that Hot Toys and Enterbay paid no particular heed to, Hot Toys being the worst offender with the DX10 and MMS238.
-First shot is Enterbay sunglasses (needed small blob of tac to keep them on above his ear)
-There's a weird bubble in his hair in these shots, which I couldn't unsee once I noticed it. I sliced it out afterwards.
-You can see how a high-end paint job would blend the hairline and eyebrows - it's totally stark here, brown hair/skin. Otherwise not too bad with the sunglasses hiding the eyes.

^^he can pull off a pretty good mantis pose! I was pleasantly surprised by this. And that left hand sculpt better facilitates him to properly hold the forward handle at the appropriate angle without either having no grip or holding it too loosely like the Hot Toys. It's possible NECA may have observed the proper pose from the movie whereas Hot Toys assumed - like most of us once did - that he holds the gun down by his waist and sculpted the hands according to that.

^^lastly here is my Galleria test-run before I ultimately set him up as he is intended. This is him wearing the Enterbay black T-shirt under his jacket. There is space at his waist to actually tuck it into the trousers - however it would really need to be sleeveless as the bunched sleeves cause the jacket not to fit as it should - bulks him out too much, prevents the collar from sitting snug to the neck etc. So I'll have to go the painting route for the black T-shirt....some sort of spray-paint job that I imagine even I could do? (dismantling the figure to do it of course) - I've already bought another figure to do this with. This one will stay as he now is.

As for the hands - I'm going to sacrifice the hand joints from the Enterbay figures - one that came spare with the BD T-800 (you know that useless bare arm they provided for people to use instead of the BD endo-arm and yet they didn't provide a jacket with a full sleeve to cover it) and the other joint coming from the clean Enterbay T-800 since that one will forevermore be a Dyson's house Endo-arm reveal figure. Some drilling will be needed to get the Enterbay joints to fit the NECA figure but once they do I could use any of the hands from the Enterbay figures including that cool reload hand* or whatever it is - no one else other than Enterbay thought to provide such a hand sculpt. These joints should have the strength for him to use the Shotgun. Anyway despite the overall size differences between the NECA and Enterbay figures (NECA being slightly smaller), the hands are the same size so that should work out nicely.

Fair ****s to ya if you read all that.

ShadowGuardian
09-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all that! I read it all. For the price I definitely love what I see.

jye4ever
09-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Quick put those sunglasses back on him lol.

EB minigun was undersized to begin with, no?

EB sunglasses definately nicer than NECA’s that’s for certain.

Great pose although it might be just a tad bit too high.

P.
09-25-2017, 06:11 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=367987&d=1506385425

they really shouldn't have applied David Bowie lipstick to terminator figures, no matter how talented he was.

==============

i completely agree about the sculpted neck and provided examples of worst cases of separate necks. old HT terminator necks were very cool looking and let me accept the seam well enough, but new ones don't even look like necks, they look like... well, to avoid censorship i'll say "like fingers".

Caped Baldy
09-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Kind of wish they threw in a shotgun as an extra - it would make having that along with the sunglasses a little more screen accurate.

a-dev
09-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all that! I read it all. For the price I definitely love what I see.

Being able to use Enterbay stuff with it increases its value to me. As we've said, NECA could have provided more - a selection of different hands at least and his shotgun. But what's there is good. I'd feel no shame in using the NECA minigun and bag. The M79 could be better as they didn't hollow out the barrel. The handgun is decent.

Quick put those sunglasses back on him lol.

EB minigun was undersized to begin with, no?

EB sunglasses definately nicer than NECA’s that’s for certain.

We'll consult P. on the pose.

As far as the Enterbay minigun being undersized - I dunno - maybe for the Enterbay figure itself but being that this figure is a little bit smaller it might just be as it should?

they really shouldn't have applied David Bowie lipstick to terminator figures, no matter how talented he was.

:lol

''Not so bad in person''....or when you get used to it

Kind of wish they threw in a shotgun as an extra - it would make having that along with the sunglasses a little more screen accurate.

That is a bummer. Because there's only 2 options out there that I can think of - Enterbay and that Diamond Select abomination of a figure. And part-outs from those are extremely rare.

jye4ever
09-25-2017, 06:31 PM
You were right about the bandolier it does look very nicely done.

DiFabio
09-25-2017, 06:32 PM
I actually think the head is pretty good without the sunglasses. His eyes and stare look pretty good, I expected derpyness. I'm surprised the paint apps are so clean. Not bad for a low end figure.

jye4ever
09-25-2017, 06:35 PM
The paint yes I agree looks clean with decent skin shading but the shape and proportions look better with sunglasses on.

a-dev
09-25-2017, 06:42 PM
You were right about the bandolier it does look very nicely done.

Yup. Looks even nicer in person. They actually caused a glare effect in my ****ty old camera in the pics I posted in the Enterbay thread.

I actually think the head is pretty good without the sunglasses. His eyes and stare look pretty good, I expected derpiness. I'm surprised the paint apps are so clean. Not bad for a low end figure.

Yeah, it's low-end but at least the eyes don't look wonky. Dutch's eyes looked wonky, that's why I could never bring myself to buy him. With sunglasses he looks great and that's why I just have to defy my previous proclamations about not doubling up on 1:4 scale figures and I have to set up a Galleria version. I'll have NECA Galleria, Enterbay Endo-arm scene, NECA Cyberdyne, Enterbay full battle-damage. I won't go further than that unless someone makes a semi-BD Steel Mill and then that would definitely be the last...for T2. Sure wouldn't mind if someone made 1:4 T1 figures. A Tech Noir would be just dandy.

a-dev
09-25-2017, 06:48 PM
i completely agree about the sculpted neck and provided examples of worst cases of separate necks. old HT terminator necks were very cool looking and let me accept the seam well enough, but new ones don't even look like necks, they look like... well, to avoid censorship i'll say "like fingers".

DX10 neck I've described as a barrel with a head plopped on top. The angle is all wrong, really stiff, no muscle detail, hardly even any skin detail. Just totally unnatural looking - goes against what high-end should be IMO - its sad that a NECA figure looks more realistic in this area.

P.
09-25-2017, 07:13 PM

We'll consult P. on the pose.it's the direction of the gun on a-dev's photo, where he had to put it straight forward due to no proper diorama for a low aiming figure.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=367994&d=1506385905

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/06/minigun-2--141555.png

if it's directed lower, the hands will go lower as well and match the movie.
but i think that shoulders & elbows joints limitations won't allow it to look exactly like the movie. HT figure needed soft torso and double-jointed elbows to almost achieve that.

DX10 neck I've described as a barrel with a head plopped on top. that's exactly how i described it, too, but by using only one word for "a barrel with a head on it".
but then i got an infraction for using cyrillic letters in place of latin ones to bypass the language filter, so ok, a... barrel with a head :lol

a-dev
09-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Oh....well actually maybe I could afford to aim it lower. I was thinking Jye meant it was too high from the back.

P.
09-26-2017, 02:04 AM
Oh....well actually maybe I could afford to aim it lower.i don't have access to any resources now, but you should check the scene where he kicks the table out of the window. it looked like the minigun was straight and high in that scene, if memory serves me right, so you can say it's that scene :)

update: here you go!

https://i.imgur.com/HJ71cav.jpg

yep memory still serves me. plus it was a good reason to rewatch one of the best scenes in the movie, heavily resembling the police station attack from T1 by the machine's stone face and movement like the ground HK tower.

a-dev
09-26-2017, 08:27 AM
We're all serious post-editors in this thread. Going back through it I found a bunch of stuff I didn't read on the first go 'round. :lol

Yeah I ended up raising the gun again. It can be taken as from the moments before he starts actually shooting.

Seems really lucky he doesn't kill anyone in that scene - shrapnel, ricochets etc

I actually think the head is pretty good without the sunglasses. His eyes and stare look pretty good, I expected derpyness. I'm surprised the paint apps are so clean. Not bad for a low end figure.

The paint yes I agree looks clean with decent skin shading but the shape and proportions look better with sunglasses on.

I'm wondering if Maulfan was right when he said the face is too long. Back in the day when MMS117 and this sculpt were both new I used to criticise the former for being too short and squashed (which obviously I still do) but maybe the NECA sculpt is too far the other way and could stand to be shorter between the eyes and the tip of the nose....or maybe making the eyes bigger but still squinted would have the same effect. Might play around with it in photoshop....ok Windows paint.

snoop101
09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Awesome a-Dev! Love how he looks with the plasma rifle and shotgun. I'll definitely be going to set him up that way to represent the battle across time look. Sad to think that's closing here shortly.

MaulFan
09-26-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm wondering if Maulfan was right when he said the face is too long. Back in the day when MMS117 and this sculpt were both new I used to criticise the former for being too short and squashed (which obviously I still do) but maybe the NECA sculpt is too far the other way and could stand to be shorter between the eyes and the tip of the nose....or maybe making the eyes bigger but still squinted would have the same effect. Might play around with it in photoshop....ok Windows paint.

It seems most apparent the more you look from the side. Front on and low angles not so bad, but when you look here and compare real Arnold to the sculpt, the length of his jawline from his ears to his chin looks much longer than it should be. It's like from the eyes up it's perfect, from the eyes down is stretched down a bit too much.

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/06/minigun-2--141555.png

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NE8BfwNO3wF1bd_1_a/Terminator-2-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Hated-Script.jpg

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=367994&d=1506385905

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=367993&d=1506385890

You can even spot it in the 7" but on display at that scale you hardly notice, it's only an issue in blown up photos.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8197/8235305245_2fca43b019_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8060/8256246960_8a2fd5da9f_b.jpg

For better or worse, even MMS117 got the overall jawline shape more accurate.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8325/8385389868_9267bf8468_o.jpg

Even Enterbay.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7213/7264220726_ccddc72e78_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3924/32538249123_121480b1b0_b.jpg

a-dev
09-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Jaw jutting forward and down too much? I used to put that down to them going very scene specific with the expression but when they don't change the sculpt at all you're forced to admit that ''OK they think its a 'fits all' sculpt''.

The BD Enterbay is hard to fault. One of the things I like most about the NECA sculpt is the hair and skull-shape and the BD Enterbay pretty much matches it on those counts. However I find it hard to give the clean EB sculpt much credit these days to be honest. You mention the jawline being better but even if it doesn't protrude excessively it still doesn't resemble Arnie's jawline much to my eyes - it lacks that 'pouch' I think you referred to years ago and that really makes all the difference. The NECA sculpt does have it. And IMO only NECA themselves managed to do an Arnie figure with a ball-joint head that still retained Arnie's distinctive neck and jawline with their Dutch figures. Seeing a ball-joint separation at the neck in high-end 1:4 scale is all kinds of ugly to me. I really think Enterbay should have gone with sculpted necks like NECA did.

It goes to show there is still no single sculpt that nails everything. There's quality aspects in most of them but no one has managed to combine them all.

MaulFan
09-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Arnold’s neck and jawline, particularly in T2, are so unique that it’s impossible to do true justice without the head and neck being one piece. If Enterbay made the neck more accurate with a posable head, you’d have some very obvious gaps where head and neck don’t meet. I think the BD figure does a good balance of having the unique shape under his jaw that is trademark, while filling out the neck enough to hide the joint as much as possible, and the face is such a thing of glory I don’t even notice the neck when he’s on display.

NECA’s sculpt is great for a 10 year old sculpt for a $20 figure, but as we often say, still using it 10 years later without even slight touch up is either arrogance thinking it’s perfect or insult not caring.

I still think that EB BD T-800, even if not perfect, has come closest to feeling like Arnold lept off the screen and onto a shelf.

Under the right circumstances, I think the NECA 1/4 will look just fine on display, the only flaw I see to cause hesitation in getting it based on quality is the face and lighting, pose and viewing angle can compensate that.

jye4ever
09-26-2017, 11:46 AM
All I see is the wicked witch of the west when I look at NECA.

snoop101
09-26-2017, 11:51 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/5hc2bkC60heU/giphy.gif

MaulFan
09-26-2017, 11:54 AM
All I see is the wicked witch of the west when I look at NECA.

I'm more reminded of this.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1wltb1XvUgQ/hqdefault.jpg

jye4ever
09-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Ok that works better than my witch lol

snoop101
09-29-2017, 06:00 PM
I saw the 1/4 today at FYE. Looks pretty good. I didn't realize it's using the translucent plastic, Maybe a-Dev can confirm this.

Davea1982
10-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Mines arriving next week so will be customized asap.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

a-dev
10-01-2017, 12:18 PM
I saw the 1/4 today at FYE. Looks pretty good. I didn't realize it's using the translucent plastic, Maybe a-Dev can confirm this.

Yeah it's a smoother, waxier looking skin than they've ever used for Terminator figures. It's the first thing I really liked about this figure.

snoop101
10-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Yeah I thought the skin tone looked excellent. They did the same thing with the Blade Runner figures and they look fantastic.

NosferatuBill36
10-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Was going to pick up the T2 4K limited edition with the endo arm, but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

I found a listing for Walmart at 128 bucks, but I don't see mention of the arm anywhere. Like, I don't THINK they'd be selling a copy of the bluray for 128 bucks, but...it's Walmart.

Hm.

MaulFan
10-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Best Buy website says 10/31 release date.

atexp80
10-04-2017, 03:08 AM
Best Buy website says 10/31 release date.
I think you'll find what he means is that all stores have sold out of their pre-order allocation. I got mine locked in with Amazon back in July.

a-dev
10-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Anyone happen to know if or where I could get a 1:4 scale black T-shirt?

I could paint the 1:4 NECA's T-shirt black but why do that if I could preserve the ability to have it be either black or grey. So my thinking is get a black T-shirt and cut parts of it off to enable it to fit under the jacket without the jacket being puffed out too much.

Currently I'd have to take the T-shirt from my Enterbay figure - I'm actually entertaining that idea because my EB figure is devalued anyway - by the breakage of one shoulder, the inevitable breakage of the other shoulder, paint rubs on the neck and hands and the fact I took apart his head and it never fit back together properly for some reason - but it would still be preferable if I could simply buy another black T-shirt.

Davea1982
10-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Anyone happen to know if or where I could get a 1:4 scale black T-shirt?

I could paint the 1:4 NECA's T-shirt black but why do that if I could preserve the ability to have it be either black or grey. So my thinking is get a black T-shirt and cut parts of it off to enable it to fit under the jacket without the jacket being puffed out too much.

Currently I'd have to take the T-shirt from my Enterbay figure - I'm actually entertaining that idea because my EB figure is devalued anyway - by the breakage of one shoulder, the inevitable breakage of the other shoulder, paint rubs on the neck and hands and the fact I took apart his head and it never fit back together properly for some reason - but it would still be preferable if I could simply buy another black T-shirt.By chance would you part with the Enterbay Dev?

a-dev
10-04-2017, 12:32 PM
By chance would you part with the Enterbay Dev?

No, probably not. I'm still something of a completist with T1/T2 action figures. (though I draw the line at really abominable ones like Sideshow's 1:6s and Diamond Select's 1:4)

Also my plans for a NECA 1:4 Galleria T-800 require Enterbay hands and wrist joints.