PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Clown Prince of Crime
04-26-2017, 03:45 PM
:lol

Poor choice of words. But yeah, I want the black shirt and gloveless hands. I can take the other "ultimate" head with the sunglasses and use it on the 3D version.

And if the 3D head without the sunglasses is better, then I give that one to the minigun/ultimate figure :D

Still need a full BD T2 version, but I'm happy with the BD head that came with the Ultimate, even if the blood looks like ketchup :lol

ApeManRyan
04-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Yeah was just at my Toys R Us and the new T2 3D T-800 were out but mine didn't have those issues above but I still passed since i'm pretty content with my series 1 Galleria Arnie. I'm surprised because I really thought I would pick one up but just didn't appeal to me.

Vector
05-02-2017, 08:00 PM
My newest shelf diorama.

Police Station Assault

My shelf dio progress thus far.

DiFabio
05-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Awesome work. I can't think of a better way of displaying that Genisys T-1000. I love the two environments side by side too. Now make a third one where he's all bloodied up and limping on the highway and you have the perfect trio.

ApeManRyan
05-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Brilliant!

Vector
05-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

KoBE
05-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Excellent work! Do you do any private commissions?

Vector
05-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Excellent work! Do you do any private commissions?

Thanks very much. I haven't really thought about doing any commissions. These dios are not really something that I could replicate into a finished or kit form and sell for a reasonable price. But who knows, somewhere down the line I may try to put something together and gauge interest. Thanks for asking.

a-dev
05-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Love seeing your stuff Vector. You and Stefan are the P. of NECA Terminator.

Vector
05-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Love seeing your stuff Vector. You and Stefan are the P. of NECA Terminator.

Thanks man. I appreciate that very much.

Vector
05-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Hey a-dev, check out this tweet. Maybe he is going to happen after all.

[email protected]_TOYS · 44m44 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted

We do have his rights

Replying to @NECA_TOYS

that's a shame. Do you guys have the likeness to Furlong's John Connor from T2? Or is that just a pipe dream for me?

a-dev
05-04-2017, 06:28 PM
You would think. I mean telling us they have his likeness rights - but never using them - would seem improper.

Vector
05-04-2017, 06:45 PM
You would think. I mean telling us they have his likeness rights - but never using them - would seem improper.

I am thinking that we may see him at this years SDCC holding the Cyberdyne endo forearm that was shown a while back.

memyselfi
05-04-2017, 06:48 PM
How many times before has this question been asked, and he side stepped a definitive answer, or replied sales would not justify. Hopefully with the demand and sales of Newt, convinces to them too take the risk for JC, since they have no intention of Ultimate Reese.

Vector
05-04-2017, 07:00 PM
How many times before has this question been asked, and he side stepped a definitive answer, or replied sales would not justify. Hopefully with the demand and sales of Newt, convinces to them too take the risk for JC, since they have no intention of Ultimate Reese.

Hopefully yes. To my knowledge, this is the most direct answer that Randy has ever given concerning T2 John Connor to indicate that he may actually be made at some point. At any rate, hope springs eternal...

a-dev
05-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Got that anniversary T-800 today. It's nice, a must for anyone who somehow doesn't already have a Galleria T-800. This look is the ideal choice for the anniversary and it's nice that the legs aren't in a fixed pose anymore - he looks really good just 'standing still' like in the scene where John is telling him about his mom - the ''but everything she said was true. And nobody believed her..not even me'' scene. This figure really nails Arnie's T2 proportions and the sunglasses head is still pretty cool - at this scale at least. On close inspection there's some paint errors on mine which always sucks.

The downers we've discussed before but I'm going to raise them again - the rosebox is a great addition but the lack of any roses to go inside it is inexplicable. Also, what's the use in providing accessories that he can't hold properly? The handgun he can hold but he can't aim it realistically because these hands are designed for the shotgun specifically - nor can he grip the rosebox. Provide alternate hands for godsakes. That alone would have made this release so much better. Considering the amount of reuse they've gotten out of this general sculpt surely they could have sculpted some new hands.

Anyway, I just got one for now. I will probably get some more down the line because I do really like the articulated legs - I may replace a few of my older variants with this. They did a better job on these legs than they did on the T1 Ultimates - whose waists and legs look kinda scrawny IMO.

ApeManRyan
05-08-2017, 07:39 AM
I wanted to get one but I feel content with my old one i just feel it isn't worth it fully for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

a-dev
05-09-2017, 10:12 AM
According to Randy on twitter the 1:4 scale figure could be out as early as next week.

Davea1982
05-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Man I hope it looks better than the promo shots... They're piss poor paint job makes him look like a fricking zombie... Should have gone with flesh coloured plastic like the 1/4 Dutch. Fingers crossed he's better on release.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

P.
05-09-2017, 05:36 PM
They're piss poor paint job makes him look like a fricking zombie... Should have gone with flesh coloured plastic like the 1/4 Dutch.
every time Neca uses "flesh coloured plastic" people say "should have used skin paint" :lol

DiFabio
05-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Should have gone with flesh coloured plastic

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

a-dev
05-09-2017, 06:02 PM
every time Neca uses "flesh coloured plastic" people say "should have used skin paint" :lol

That's very true. NECA can't win here. And honestly I could never bring myself to buy the Dutch figure with his damn eyes. Either way a 1:4 scale NECA human figure would really benefit from a repaint so I don't think I care how they do it - unless they decide to start charging us the extra for proper high end paintjobs right out the gate.

DiFabio
05-09-2017, 06:14 PM
I wish Enterbay did a third Arnold.

a-dev
05-09-2017, 06:16 PM
2 more - a proper Cyberdyne version with Scuderia doing the clean headsculpt this time and a semi-BD figure...also with Scuderia doing the headsculpt.

DiFabio
05-09-2017, 07:08 PM
It's a shame their movie figures died so prematurely. They were getting better and better with each subsequent release. While the first regular Arnold didn't impress me and I was too scared to pose it, they made up for it with the Battle Damaged and T-1000.

Imagine if they had done Tech Noir or Police Shootout. :thud:

Vector
05-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Got my rose box T-800 from BBTS today. Nice figure. Good paint apps and joints. It really should be though with all of the practice that NECA has had making this figure.

Anyway, I replaced the olive shirt, glove handed T-800 that was riding the Harley with the new one. I also removed the mirrors and reflectors on the motorcycle to make it more closely match the on screen bike.

A few pics:

Before:

After:

P.
05-09-2017, 09:39 PM
*throttle handle joke*

Davea1982
05-10-2017, 02:36 AM
every time Neca uses "flesh coloured plastic" people say "should have used skin paint" [emoji38]
I have never owned anything smaller than 1/6 but if the Dutch is anything to go by it should be the standard for there bigger pieces. Also the Alien figures I've seen in 7" with the same flesh plastic look pretty awesome as well.

Davea1982
05-10-2017, 02:38 AM
That's very true. NECA can't win here. And honestly I could never bring myself to buy the Dutch figure with his damn eyes. Either way a 1:4 scale NECA human figure would really benefit from a repaint so I don't think I care how they do it - unless they decide to start charging us the extra for proper high end paintjobs right out the gate.
I repainted my Dutch's wonky eyes so an easy fix. I'll end up repainting the 1/4 Arnold headsculpt as well no doubt. Whatever they do with the final figure in I'm eager to see final pics.

P.
05-10-2017, 03:20 AM
I have never owned anything smaller than 1/6 but if the Dutch is anything to go by it should be the standard for there bigger pieces. Also the Alien figures I've seen in 7" with the same flesh plastic look pretty awesome as well.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalki own several Neca humans with visible faces (Vasquez/Dallas/Ripley 2 variants/Amanda Ripley/Frost/Gordon Freeman/Chell), and only "flesh plastic" looks good (Vasquez), but it is also the only "flesh plastic" figure i have.

MaulFan
05-10-2017, 03:37 AM
My experience with the flesh plastic at the 7" scale is limited to Rambo, but my opinion is that at that scale, it sucks, you loose so much of the sculpt detail, even if the overall look is more like skin than paint, at least the heads, the Rambo bodies look great, the heads look weak. I also feel that NECA has consistency issues, I've seen Vasquez pics and she looks fine, but Aliens is a big line for them so I'm sure it gets the best compared to Rambo, but at this point, Terminator seems half assed by NECA so you're better off with painted flesh.

a-dev
05-10-2017, 07:38 AM
*throttle handle joke*

Unfortunately NECA has never provided alternate hands for the T2 T-800 so he's limited to holding the shotgun with that hand.

Vector
05-10-2017, 09:06 AM
*throttle handle joke*

Unfortunately NECA has never provided alternate hands for the T2 T-800 so he's limited to holding the shotgun with that hand.

Yeah, a-dev is right. I tried to make the new T-800 hold the shotgun with his left hand but it was fairly loose in his hand. The gloved figure with the same left hand held the shotgun fine, probably due to the extra material of the glove. I will probably try to put a small piece of electrical tape or something in the left hand of the new T-800 so that he can hold the shotgun in the correct hand. It may look a little wonky however since he is kind of doing a thumbs up with that hand and the gloved hand masked that somewhat when he was holding the shotgun.

a-dev
05-10-2017, 09:20 AM
He holds the gun with his right hand on the movie poster so it's tolerable for me...but I still really wish NECA would give alternative hands with these figures.

Davea1982
05-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Fingers crossed for news on the 1/4 this week....

Davea1982
05-17-2017, 03:59 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif
😂I'm sorry... I'll stop.

ShadowGuardian
05-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Totally forgot about the 1/4 T-800 Terminator. I had originally convinced myself I didn't need it, but seeing pictures of it again I definitely can't pass it up. Especially considering pretty much all my collection is Star Wars, Marvel and DC so it would be nice to get something different for once.

Is the figure still set to release this month or has it been pushed to June?

a-dev
05-25-2017, 08:12 PM
Probably June at this point.

a-dev
05-27-2017, 08:52 PM
@NECA_TOYS I know we've addressed this before but what's the likelihood of T2 John Conner?

answer: Same as before, could happen but no immediate plans and kids are always a tough sell

Hard to see when would be a better year to release him so I hope this is just Randy trying to throw us off much like how he constantly (and recently) denied having any likeness rights for the P1 special forces team and yet seemingly now Hawkins is happening (or if not then that teaser was cruel and ill-advised)

jye4ever
05-28-2017, 04:23 AM
Really is time for new leadership at NECA.

DiFabio
05-28-2017, 06:34 AM
Vote DiFabio for NECA 2020

Deals are my art form. I like making deals, preferably big deals. Nobody makes better deals than me. I'll get Peter Weller and Jack Nicholson to fold. Trust me.

jye4ever
05-28-2017, 06:57 AM
You should grab Jenette Goldstein's ***** during your license meeting with her.

a-dev
05-28-2017, 08:26 AM
I dunno, the various ****teasing notwithstanding if he actually does get T2 John made and that Hawkins is for real (and wasn't just some reference to them making figures from Shane Black's new Predator film, which was surely already a given) - then I won't mind Randy getting another term.

I was looking at the NECA collection again last night and thinking how I could only have dreamed about all this stuff in the McFarlane days. All McFarlane made was creatures, and not even all that many variants of those - usually ridiculously inaccurate. For Terminator all they made was T3 figures and a single no-likeness T2 T-800. The solitary thing they have over NECA is that pretzel man T-1000. Hot Toys have ****ed off to superheroes and Star Wars - really no one can compare to NECA when it comes to these classic licenses.

jye4ever
05-28-2017, 08:30 AM
I dunno, the various ****teasing notwithstanding if he actually does get T2 John made and that Hawkins is for real (and wasn't just some reference to them making figures from Shane Black's new Predator film, which was surely already a given) - then I won't mind Randy getting another term.

I was looking at the NECA collection again last night and thinking how I could only have dreamed about all this stuff in the McFarlane days. All McFarlane made was creatures, and not even all that many variants of those - usually ridiculously inaccurate. For Terminator all they made was T3 figures and a single no-likeness T2 T-800. The solitary thing they have over NECA is that pretzel man T-1000. Hot Toys have ****ed off to superheroes and Star Wars - really no one can compare to NECA when it comes to these classic licenses.

Ie; Not voting for DiFabio

a-dev
05-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Ie; Not voting for DiFabio

I just dipped into reality there with most of that post.

DiFabio
05-28-2017, 08:43 AM
How bad will you cry if John isn't a SDCC exclusive and no new movie Terminator stuff is shown?

What will you do if that tease is red shirt Dutch?

a-dev
05-28-2017, 09:39 AM
I'll be confused and pissed off if John isn't at SDCC this summer admittedly. ''Kid figures are a tough sell'' - and yet Newt and yet Kevin McCallister. T2 back in cinemas this year - what possible better time could there be?

Having said that it doesn't mean we shouldn't give credit where it's due on everything they've done up to this point. And all of that stuff is why I still have some optimism.

jye4ever
05-28-2017, 10:13 AM
How bad will you cry if John isn't a SDCC exclusive and no new movie Terminator stuff is shown?

What will you do if that tease is red shirt Dutch?

Save the dream....

a-dev
05-28-2017, 10:47 AM
What will you do without freedom?! Will you fight?!

a-dev
06-05-2017, 08:08 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-TERMINATOR-2-Diorama-SARAH-CONNER-NO-FATE-TABLE-JOHNS-DIORAMAS-/152565490972?hash=item23859ca51c:g:xaYAAOSwJH1ZHil G

This is a cool little Sarah Connor Picnic Table Dio - I actually already had this scene set up as of recently courtesy of Vector's direction to a different 1:10 scale picnic table - however I went ahead and bought this one anyway as it had a nice base and few extras to lay out on the table. No regrets. This new table is better, slightly bigger and with proper weathering.

Vector
06-05-2017, 08:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-TERMINATOR-2-Diorama-SARAH-CONNER-NO-FATE-TABLE-JOHNS-DIORAMAS-/152565490972?hash=item23859ca51c:g:xaYAAOSwJH1ZHil G

This is a cool little Sarah Connor Picnic Table Dio - I actually already had this scene set up as of recently courtesy of Vector's direction to a different 1:10 scale picnic table - however I went ahead and bought this one anyway as it had a nice base and few extras to lay out on the table. No regrets. This new table is better, slightly bigger and with proper weathering.

That's a very good looking 1/10 picnic table. Nice find. With the base and extra accessories it will make an awesome looking display.

a-dev
06-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Same guy who did the Galleria diorama and a mystery Police Shootout diorama that I think we both missed. I've been periodically looking the seller up ever since. I wonder if he's a lurker here.....

edit - wait, I've just remembered it was rjszar who directed me to this seller..you might not have been aware of him at all.

Vector
06-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Same guy who did the Galleria diorama and a mystery Police Shootout diorama that I think we both missed. I've been periodically looking the seller up ever since. I wonder if he's a lurker here.....

edit - wait, I've just remembered it was rjszar who directed me to this seller..you might not have been aware of him at all.

I remember seeing the galleria dio but not the shootout. Yeah, I wonder if he is lurking about...

Drone
06-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Well, dreams=shattered.
As of yesterday, NECA had 2 more SDCC exclusives to reveal. One of them, we already know, will be a PREDATOR exclusive and will be revealed this Monday.
The other? I had hopes - didn't we all? - that it might just possibly be John Connor, but alas, no, it isn't John.
The 2nd to last SDCC exclusive has been revealed, and it's Coraline. Cool movie, but c'mon! Where's John!
I feel like a riot is warranted.

Vector
06-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Well, dreams=shattered.
As of yesterday, NECA had 2 more SDCC exclusives to reveal. One of them, we already know, will be a PREDATOR exclusive and will be revealed this Monday.
The other? I had hopes - didn't we all? - that it might just possibly be John Connor, but alas, no, it isn't John.
The 2nd to last SDCC exclusive has been revealed, and it's Coraline. Cool movie, but c'mon! Where's John!

There is still hope. John may not be ready to be released yet. He could still be shown at this years SDCC as a 2-up prototype or a work in progress 1/10 figure.

rjszar
06-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Well, dreams=shattered.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Coraline YES! Wait........what........you can't be serious!

a-dev
06-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Well....I guess this means he's gonna be a wide-release Ultimate style figure..........

P.
06-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Coraline YES! Wait........what........you can't be serious!
i'd choose her over any T-800 figure Neca made so far :dunno

a-dev
06-10-2017, 06:28 PM
I have no idea what Coraline is.

Staps1138
06-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Does Randy actually think John wont sell well but Coraline will? What is she?

MaulFan
06-10-2017, 06:48 PM
I have no idea what Coraline is.

Tim Burton, like The Nightmare Before Christmas.

a-dev
06-10-2017, 06:51 PM
...and I didn't care. :lol

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
06-10-2017, 11:36 PM
I just picked up the latest Terminator 2 figure at TRU and must not have been paying attention...no flowers? WTF?

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi
06-10-2017, 11:45 PM
...and I didn't care. :lol

You know, Tim Burton's prescription for Prozac expired depression-fest dark goth trenchcoat Christmas masterpiece.

rjszar
06-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........kids don't sell well. Then they give us Coraline. Isn't it funny that they are trying to sell an animated girl figure in a boys toy line. What's the logic.......it's more for the adult collector type who are into Burton films? Very much unlike the adult collector type that are into Terminator films.

a-dev
06-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Yeah their experimental and (to me at least) more niche stuff can be annoying when weighed against what they are reluctant to make from their more mainstream licenses. We're not asking for Gibbons here - John Connor, a fairly pivotal character in T2 :lol They have his likeness rights, they've told us this. :dunno

Anyway look - I said it last night as a joke but - if the SDCC exclusives have all been announced maybe they actually are going to chance JC as a wide-release figure, which would be incredible. There's still some hope...hopefully.

jye4ever
06-11-2017, 09:05 AM
If John Connor had been a female character it would be getting priority right now.

a-dev
06-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Look at that face. She don't even care.

Staps1138
06-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Randy always talks about things being too niche to make, am i the only one who thinks this is the most niche thing they've ever made? They make this out of the blue with no real demand but many of us have been begging for JC for a long time and he doesn't want to even consider it?

I hope a dev is right and they are making John for wide release? After all there's still the endo arm accessory that would be a nice add in for John.

rjszar
06-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Yeah, out of the blue is right. This movie was made back in 2009. It's not an anniversary. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is some big cult following like with Nightmare. So what's driving this?

Staps1138
06-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah, out of the blue is right. This movie was made back in 2009. It's not an anniversary. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is some big cult following like with Nightmare. So what's driving this?

I've seen a few posts from Randy and he seems to really like the movie so maybe its just something he wanted to do because he likes it. Doesnt make sense to me since sales numbers and production costs are so big into their planning. I cant see this doing well enough to justify their time and effort especially since its most likely going to be a one off thing.

DioramaMaker
06-12-2017, 04:44 AM
Coraline is based on Neil Gaiman's book - NECA just got the rights to American Gods, also linked to Gaiman. If I had to point the finger somewhere, it's gonna be because of that. They've had Coraline for a while, perhaps making this figure fulfills the license contract so they don't lose it.

scarrviper
06-12-2017, 07:30 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4225/35108066432_cdd4744f0c_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Vuo21d)Terminator (https://flic.kr/p/Vuo21d) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Vector
06-12-2017, 07:36 PM
^^^ Awesome pic Scar.

TooNiche
06-13-2017, 01:19 PM
Dito. I didn't notice the skulls at first either. Nice.

Thinking about it.. That'd be a great item for a Terminator accessory pack (not that I think that's happening) - A whole load of skulls, a few variant sizes too, and chapless ones etc. I'd definitely like more for a future war diorama.

a-dev
06-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Some new acquisitions courtesy of DoggieDoc in the Customs (Interest threads) section

1:10 scale MM1 teargas launcher and dolly cart for the Cyberdyne scenes

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5478%20Medium_zpsya7hyjig.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5478%20Medium_zpsya7hyjig.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5479%20Medium_zpsulaczqie.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5479%20Medium_zpsulaczqie.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5480%20Medium_zpskf6ursos.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5480%20Medium_zpskf6ursos.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5481%20Medium_zpsvcqyb1zu.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5481%20Medium_zpsvcqyb1zu.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5482%20Medium_zpssrwtueow.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5482%20Medium_zpssrwtueow.jpg.html)

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5450%20Medium_zpsjbfsv9zc.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5450%20Medium_zpsjbfsv9zc.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5453%20Medium_zpsle0bc3o9.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5453%20Medium_zpsle0bc3o9.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5448%20Medium_zps13v8mk7t.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5448%20Medium_zps13v8mk7t.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5458%20Medium_zpsqifyac4v.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5458%20Medium_zpsqifyac4v.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5462%20Medium_zpsczw8puk5.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5462%20Medium_zpsczw8puk5.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5463%20Medium_zps1dflrpbz.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5463%20Medium_zps1dflrpbz.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5464%20Medium_zpsazieyc1p.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DoggieDoc%20stuff/zIMG_5464%20Medium_zpsazieyc1p.jpg.html)

ShadowGuardian
06-17-2017, 01:42 PM
So I noticed the 1/4 T-800's release date has changed from June 2017 to summer 2017. For all we know he could be coming in August now. :(

jye4ever
06-17-2017, 01:45 PM
[email protected] cart.

It's literally a dolly cart lol

a-dev
06-17-2017, 02:23 PM
So I noticed the 1/4 T-800's release date has changed from June 2017 to summer 2017. For all we know he could be coming in August now. :(

Not so bad for me. At one point almost everything I have on preorder was scheduled for this month.

[email protected] cart.

It's literally a dolly cart lol

That's the brilliance of it!

scarrviper
06-17-2017, 03:17 PM
^^^ Awesome pic Scar.

Dito. I didn't notice the skulls at first either. Nice.

Thinking about it.. That'd be a great item for a Terminator accessory pack (not that I think that's happening) - A whole load of skulls, a few variant sizes too, and chapless ones etc. I'd definitely like more for a future war diorama.

Thanks guys. Those predator skulls can be quite useful. Would be cool if neca sold bags of them like you described.

That grenade launcher and cart are both phenomenal pieces. That diorama is pretty cool too, the wall texture is perfectly scaled. Also dig that custom Sarah in Kyle's coat. Very nice.

Have to say I'm really glad I decided to pick up the rosebox T-800 this week. I had passed on it a few times already. While I did have to fix some of the paint apps, (edges of the hairlines, sunglasses stems, and cover a brown spot on a nose) I think overall the paint job on the heads is vastly superior to what came with the ultimate version. The skin and the eyes look so much better, and this time the lips aren't purple. I'm keeping the sunglasses head on the rose box figure, and the no glasses head has been popped onto my ultimate which now will serve as my cyberdyne T-800. Now I just have to find some roses to put in the box.

I really hope the battle damaged/steel mill version can be next to get upgraded with the new legs. It's the last variant I need, I don't have the older release. Maybe then we will finally get that gas grenade launcher.

a-dev
06-18-2017, 08:02 AM
That grenade launcher and cart are both phenomenal pieces. That diorama is pretty cool too, the wall texture is perfectly scaled. Also dig that custom Sarah in Kyle's coat. Very nice.

Cheers. I neglected to comment on your picture, fantastic shot. The location really works.

The diorama in my shots is my Pescadero diorama which is actually for 1:6 but it's the only thing I have with any sort of dedicated lighting so I use it for anything that will physically fit in it when I'm taking pics.

The Sarah figure does indeed use Kyle Reese's arms and coat..his arms are a tad long for her but I think I get away with it.

Now I just have to find some roses to put in the box.

I'm using some roses from the Hot Toys MMS117 figure. Those were actually pretty tiny.

I really hope the battle damaged/steel mill version can be next to get upgraded with the new legs. It's the last variant I need, I don't have the older release. Maybe then we will finally get that gas grenade launcher.

Also hoping for that. He needs a more hunched posture than the previous figures are capable of.

Vector
06-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Some new acquisitions courtesy of DoggieDoc in the Customs (Interest threads) section

1:10 scale MM1 teargas launcher and dolly cart for the Cyberdyne scenes

Very cool pics a-dev. The cart and launcher from DoggieDoc look awesome.

a-dev
06-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks Vector. They do indeed look awesome. Thrilled to have a teargas launcher in the scale and the dolly cart is a bit of outside-the-box accessorising for the Terminator line that I want to get into. I feel stuff like that will really add to the shelf and justify all the extra figures I have.

I'd love it if NECA saw this stuff and decided ''y'know what, that looks cool, we'll make that''. Currently you get the impression that a Terminator figure is only ever going to come with the exact same accessories that any figure prior came with, there's no impetus to add anything new (apart from the rosebox just recently). The teargas launcher is a bizarre omission though, I can't fathom at all why no company has officially provided one. And therefore there's also no hand sculpt that is properly suited to holding one.

DoggieDoc
06-19-2017, 08:58 AM
The teargas launcher is a bizarre omission though, I can't fathom at all why no company has officially provided one. And therefore there's also no hand sculpt that is properly suited to holding one.

Having designed and produced the launcher, I have at least an idea of why. This piece would require just a ridiculous mold if it were produced as most things are in large scale, via injection molding. The mold would have to be so complex I just don't think they would see it as worth it. Or, to make the molds simpler, you'd have to do it in multiple pieces, which would again increase the cost. I don't know though.... me, a single person, was able to do it so who knows:rotfl

rjszar
06-19-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't know though.... me, a single person, was able to do it so who knows:rotfl

Well, the difference is you're awesome and they're not.

DoggieDoc
06-19-2017, 11:40 AM
Well, the difference is you're awesome and they're not.

Haha... thanks:yess:

scarrviper
06-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Ordered some miniature roses today, hopefully they will fit the box.

I noticed something else, at least with my sample, of the rose box T-800. His legs can straighten out much better than the ultimate. His knees seem to have slightly better range this time, so he can stand up without having that weird bent knee look that you see in a lot of the promo pics.

ShadowGuardian
06-29-2017, 07:08 PM
The 1/4 T-800 is now being released early September according to their website. Guess I'll be getting my Catwoman and Mayor Penguin shipped now....

a-dev
06-29-2017, 10:22 PM
No problemo. I can wait.

P.
06-30-2017, 01:53 AM
a-dev, what's wrong with your photobucket?

Justcrash
06-30-2017, 07:45 AM
If your youth was consumed with fears of being kidnapped by a liquid metal murdering robot from the future while you hung out in arcades, thank this guy. Hope you enjoy the (short) write up (http://toyswithtude.com/2017/06/30/neca-t-1000-revi…00-words-or-less/)!

a-dev
06-30-2017, 07:52 AM
a-dev, what's wrong with your photobucket?

I have no idea. I can look at my page itself just fine and it isn't giving me any unusual messages there. Just, for some reason my pics here on SSF are broken. Do I even have a sig? Could have sworn I deleted mine.

Vector
06-30-2017, 08:35 AM
I have no idea. I can look at my page itself just fine and it isn't giving me any unusual messages there. Just, for some reason my pics here on SSF are broken. Do I even have a sig? Could have sworn I deleted mine.

Your sig is showing as this but just the top meter part. The bottom half of the pic is cut off.

P.
06-30-2017, 08:40 AM
Your sig is showing as this but just the top meter part. The bottom half of the pic is cut off.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350164&d=1498836900
as well as all pictures you're posting.

http://i.imgur.com/B1hn5ij.png

spooky
06-30-2017, 02:25 PM
It's Photobucket, they've changed their "contracts" with their users.

P.
06-30-2017, 05:50 PM
let me try...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/Tinkey-Vinkey/Aliens%20and%20Predators/Neca%20Alien%20queen%20facehugger/_IGP4005_zps8dzkt4wc.jpg

i see my image, but probably because it's in browser's cash memory. does anybody else see it?
yep, checked in another browser - no pic.

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.
do they want to say i must pay $400 just to post my images - the only reason i have a photobucket storage? :cuckoo:

a-dev
06-30-2017, 08:59 PM

Yeah that's what I'm seeing aswell. Just, I'm sure I had disabled my sig so I'm surprised to see anything there at all.

So...are we SOL with photobucket now?

P.
07-01-2017, 05:34 AM
i replaced almost all pictures on a forum i'm overseeing with photobucket links. ****.
i hope in a month they realise they were drunk that friday they made that decision - and reverse it.

DoggieDoc
07-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Yeah that's what I'm seeing aswell. Just, I'm sure I had disabled my sig so I'm surprised to see anything there at all.

So...are we SOL with photobucket now?
Just use imgur.com. Free, no limits or silly contracts, and in my opinion, the site is significantly faster than photobucketever was.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

a-dev
07-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah I've seen imgur recommended. Although some say it's only a matter of time before they go the same way.

jye4ever
07-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Imgur was just as much a hassle to use as pb.

a-dev
07-04-2017, 09:50 AM
SDCC month is here. The last hope for humanity's last hope John Connor?

Not necessarily I guess, but still - seems like they'd be letting a most ideal year to release him pass them by.

jye4ever
07-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Especially with T2 3D theatrical, this year is it a-dev if not now then never.

dmon83
07-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Use IMGUR .

a-dev
07-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Well that's what I've said before but they didn't need a formal theatrical rerelease of Aliens to make and release Newt.

Bravomite
07-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Not only Newt but Neca are now releasing Burke as well (which I am really happy about) ... but Burke can't be a better seller than John Connor. If they are worried just package JC with a T-800 and a diorama piece and he will sell "No Problemo"

rjszar
07-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Not only Newt but Neca are now releasing Burke as well (which I am really happy about) ... but Burke can't be a better seller than John Connor. If they are worried just package JC with a T-800 and a diorama piece and he will sell "No Problemo"
Oh come on, what little kid wouldn't want a company bureaucrat to play with. He's soooooo much better than a wild, do anything, have all the fun you want, ride your own motorcycle teenage cyclone. Totally understand where Neca is coming from.....TOTALLY!

P.
07-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Just use imgur.com. Free, no limits or silly contracts, and in my opinion, the site is significantly faster than photobucketever was.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalklooks like it doesn't support subalbums :( i need to move somewhere but don't know where yet.

a-dev
07-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Everything into one folder? ****, it must take forever to find anything.

DoggieDoc
07-04-2017, 04:43 PM
looks like it doesn't support subalbums :( i need to move somewhere but don't know where yet.
I definitely make separate albums on my imgur account but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

P.
07-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Everything into one folder? ****, it must take forever to find anything.

I definitely make separate albums on my imgur account but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.subfolders, i cannot understand how to make them on imgur - or it cannot be done at all :)
like this (in Greedybucket):

http://i.imgur.com/2TZ2em1.png

TooNiche
07-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Final packaging shots:

P.
07-11-2017, 03:01 PM
sooo they didn't fix the Goliath. his body still is attached to his ass instead of waist, and his alien queen hands grow out of pelvis instead of the chest.
despite it being wide-known and fully available because of Pegasus models.

rjszar
07-11-2017, 03:16 PM
NO.....WAIT.....How the hell did they not fix that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like there aren't plenty of references. Talk about not giving a damn. I've got two of these on order. Either I try to fix it myself (if possible) or cancel. UNBELIEVABLE!

P.
07-11-2017, 04:11 PM
NO.....WAIT.....How the hell did they not fix that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i believe i read here that some person named "Randy" - i don't know who it is, but he is always mentioned as a guy who forbids Neca to do good stuff and forces them to do dull repaints which nobody needs - became very angry and hysterical when people told him about those mistakes.
if that was true, then the mistake is left on purpose.

I've got two of these on order. exactly after reading that "Randy" won't fix it i decided not to buy them.

TooNiche
07-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Perhaps take these shots with a pinch of salt. They might be old shots, only just posted on Toyark.

I must confess, I'm not intimately familiar with the design. Only thing I ever noticed being wrong was when they initially showed it with the "head" on upside down.

Having just spent a while looking over reference, and footage, yeah. Wow. I really hope that's not final either.

I mean, the paint apps are likely to be pretty poor, even in the "glam" shots. That I can accept for the price point. But such inaccuracy! I even saw like three different people point it out in an old twitter posting, to no response.

The NECA.
Compare, the Pegasus:

It's hard to see, but it almost looks like the correct mounting point for the "chest" is there but whoever assembled these just didn't have a clue. Someone in a factory in China perhaps?

I was looking forward to this, but even I might skip if this is true. Damn. :(

TooNiche
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
exactly after reading that "Randy" won't fix it i decided not to buy them.
Really? It was acknowledged?

P.
07-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Really? It was acknowledged?
what was acknowledged? that i read other people's words about other people's words in this thread? yes, i can confirm that :lol

I must confess, I'm not intimately familiar with the design. sketches by Cameron, i believe, will be very helpful. all others i found are currently on photobucket albums and unavailable.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/24025/24263236_1.jpg?v=8D3428C7A544690

probably whoever mounted the torso that way saw the HK only in Robocop versus The Terminator game:

http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_scores/saves47/479273/SNES--Robocop%20Versus%20The%20Terminator_Oct30%208_24_0 4(tt2445).png

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/58722-robocop-versus-the-terminator-snes-screenshot-this-massive.gif

===========

there are more different pictures here:

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/HK-Tank

It's hard to see, but it almost looks like the correct mounting point for the "chest" is there but whoever assembled these just didn't have a clue. Someone in a factory in China perhaps?
you're absolutely right, the sculpt was correct from the beginning, but the mistake with putting all parts together was made, noticed and presumably discussed with "Randy" far before assembly line - on a 3D model. you posted it above.
i'll try to find the moment that mentions it in this thread.

oh! here it is:

they turned the "head", it's not upside down anymore. they still attached the "body" to the middle of track platrofm instead of the front, where there is a specific nest for it.

aaand the "hands" remained attached to the platform, too, instead of the "body".

it's a pity, because i hoped so much to buy it.I saw several people point this out to Randy Falk on Twitter over the last year before he insulted, blocked, and sicked his dudebro fanboy followers on them. Of course they didn't fix it.

by the way, the first mention/picture of that tank i found was actually actually... yours :)

#t2sday #CINEMACHINES Reveal
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=225332&d=1448404687

and on that model it was done properly.

scarrviper
07-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Wow. I can't believe they screwed up the HK tank so much. They usually care about accuracy.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4321/35698166552_d1fac28511_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Wowrdd)2029 AD (https://flic.kr/p/Wowrdd) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

rjszar
07-12-2017, 01:35 AM
Don't get it, this shot looks correct.

P.
07-12-2017, 01:44 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=352287&d=1499848552
no, it doesn't, look closer.
no "waist" on the body (normally formed by the circle pedestal which is higher than the main platform), no vertical distance between small hands and main platform.
body is mounted behind that circle pedestal, small hands are mounted on it.
cannons are lower than tracks, while they should be higher to have 360 degree turn - that's because the body doesn't stand on pedestal.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/terminator/images/7/75/Hktankside.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20081001173925

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/terminator/images/5/5c/Hktankfront.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20081001173924

Alice
07-12-2017, 01:46 AM
Not only did they not fix anything, but the head is on backwards in the package.

P.
07-12-2017, 01:59 AM
so there are 2 simultaneous bad outcomes out of this:
1) people who know the design will not get their toy.
2) people who don't know the design will think that this is how it should look. like 90% of people draw/imagine AVP aluminum cosplayer with a retarded face when they think of a predator (avp2010 game proves it).
of course somebody might just fix it, looks not to difficult if one has golden hands... but i think such people would better get a Pegasus kit which is a lot more detailed and accurate and allows installing lights.

jaxon
07-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Why are Neca so lazy when it comes to Terminator? That HK tank is a perfect example.

a-dev
07-12-2017, 08:05 AM
I might just take this as an excuse to cut down on my preorder list....

rjszar
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
no, it doesn't, look closer.
no "waist" on the body (normally formed by the circle pedestal which is higher than the main platform), no vertical distance between small hands and main platform.
body is mounted behind that circle pedestal, small hands are mounted on it.
cannons are lower than tracks, while they should be higher to have 360 degree turn - that's because the body doesn't stand on pedestal.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/terminator/images/7/75/Hktankside.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20081001173925

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/terminator/images/5/5c/Hktankfront.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20081001173924

I think you're right. The picture does make the body look forward of center, but for it to be correct, it would have to be over the top wheel on the forward treads. Next to Arnie himself, the T1 tank is my favorite thing in the Terminator films. I have the Sideshow H/Ks and the Pegasus H/Ks, but I was looking forward to these so that I could make a nice future scene diorama. Just the right size. Guess I'll have to fix it myself. Are they truly that moronic or possibly as you said, that spiteful that this could happen?

TooNiche
07-12-2017, 12:38 PM
what was acknowledged? that i read other people's words about other people's words in this thread? yes, i can confirm that :lol
Ha. I meant that Randy actually said they will not fix it.

probably whoever mounted the torso that way saw the HK only in Robocop versus The Terminator game:

http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_scores/saves47/479273/SNES--Robocop%20Versus%20The%20Terminator_Oct30%208_24_0 4(tt2445).png

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/58722-robocop-versus-the-terminator-snes-screenshot-this-massive.gif

You might be onto something there. I can see a Video Game repaint Robocop vs Terminator tie in already. :(

by the way, the first mention/picture of that tank i found was actually actually... yours :)

and on that model it was done properly.

Ha! Whadda you know! Has it been so long..

It is evidence of improvement at least. Even if it's still not correct.

Not only did they not fix anything, but the head is on backwards in the package.

Saw this too. Presumably it swivels, but why would you not get it right in package anyway. :slap

... I was looking forward to these so that I could make a nice future scene diorama. Just the right size.

Do want. :cool:

Yeah, my thoughts too. Cheap enough to get two and not so big as to take up too much space.

... of course somebody might just fix it, looks not to difficult if one has golden hands... but i think such people would better get a Pegasus kit which is a lot more detailed and accurate and allows installing lights.

Yeah, if the parts are all there, should be relatively simple enough. As you say though.. If you're doing that much.. might as well go further.
It'd only still be worth it for the smaller scale perhaps.

I'm still hoping somehow this is just bad/old photographs, and that actually it is fixed. But then, they did say final when they posted them. Hmm.

Time will tell..

P.
07-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Next to Arnie himself, the T1 tank is my favorite thing in the Terminator films. I have the Sideshow H/Ks and the Pegasus H/Ks, but I was looking forward to these so that I could make a nice future scene diorama.but Sideshow and Pegasus, and everybody made T2 tanks... nobody made T1.
i like the silhouettes of T1 goliaths and aerials better, as they look more sharky/waspy, but if i remember it correctly, they were waaaay less detailed.

found pics to compare flyers, but it's the same story is with tanks.

1:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/75/db/68/75db68497c9d7e511d08f63234565ac1.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/480/10581077108810841080108510721090108610881984bdrip1 080pruseng00-46-51.jpg

2:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/5736/8632715_1.jpg?v=8CE71410914F540

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/93/ec/a0/93eca0d6bf962e765f272fb24811f062.jpg

you can see lack of details and different lights, but 3 legs (like on aliens dropship) versus 4 is the biggest difference.

same "biggest difference" about tanks is shape of cannons and shape/angle of small arms on a chest. plus i don't remember it fully now, but it seemed to me that T1 tank had single cannons, while T2 got them double-barreled.
i just can't find same set of photos (saw them but never saved).

rjszar
07-12-2017, 03:18 PM
It doesn't bother me that every H/K so far has been T2, at least not as much as that almost every endoskeleton has been T2. I like everything T1 the best, but I'm not expecting anyone to bother with the distinctions between the H/Ks. You are absolutely correct that the T1 aerial has a much waspier look. A machine designing a machine would make it as clean and simple as possible.

Alice
07-12-2017, 08:09 PM
plus i don't remember it fully now, but it seemed to me that T1 tank had single cannons, while T2 got them double-barreled.

That's correct. I always liked the T1 HK Tank more as well. It just seemed more evil.

TooNiche
07-18-2017, 11:09 AM
After today's Valerian Laureline announcement methinks I see potential here:

a-dev
07-18-2017, 12:29 PM
If you're into that sort of thing. (T3) :lol

SDCC so very soon. Starting to get a bad feeling though. As far as my own interests I'm thinking NECA shot their load with Burke and that Hadley's hope sign a week or two ago and all we're going to see at SDCC is more video-game or comic crossovers that we didn't know anyone wanted. Well, maybe Hawkins from Predator if that coke bottle teaser was anything to go by. Probably nothing from T1 or T2 though.

Snake Plissken
07-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Not doing Dutch's team is the only reason I didn't jump on the Pred line. Although if that is subject to change... I'm going to lose it.

Caped Baldy
07-18-2017, 12:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACqhW2ThcqI

rjszar
07-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Am I the first to see this? Endocop and terminator dog.

a-dev
07-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Not doing Dutch's team is the only reason I didn't jump on the Pred line. Although if that is subject to change... I'm going to lose it.

If Hawkins shows up at SDCC maybe it'd be worth you picking up the recent Dutch rereleases if you haven't already. I firmly believe they'd love to make the whole team if only the actors are willing. Maybe Dutch and Hawkins would be a gateway to the rest of them taking an interest in some money coming their way.

Am I the first to see this? Endocop and terminator dog.

The first to care enough to post it :lol

No interest in those myself. I think they look ridiculous.

P.
07-18-2017, 03:01 PM

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=353546&d=1500401133
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=353547&d=1500401175they definitely both have eyes, mouths and noses.
but nothing about the appearance. your face recognition system is so outdated, robot intruder!

TooNiche
07-18-2017, 03:03 PM
If you're into that sort of thing. (T3) :lol

Yeah, I've never thought "I really wish I had a Katherine Brewster figure, from Terminator 3" either, but I was just immediately struck by the likeness. I think it's uncanny. Which is unfortunate considering it's meant to be Cara Delevingne.

... SDCC so very soon. Starting to get a bad feeling though. As far as my own interests I'm thinking NECA shot their load with Burke and that Hadley's hope sign a week or two ago and all we're going to see at SDCC is more video-game or comic crossovers that we didn't know anyone wanted. Well, maybe Hawkins from Predator if that coke bottle teaser was anything to go by. Probably nothing from T1 or T2 though.

I feel the same way. It's been a cool month or so without doubt, but unless Randy pulls out something even more mindblowing like a Alien Queen with ovipositor I'm not sure how surprised I'm gonna be. Like you say, I expect crossovers/arcade/VG etc. I'd be very surprised if we ever get another team member from P1.

As for Terminator, I feel like Sarah was a gift. Don't know how well she sold. I'd love more of course.

Young John Connor (OBVIOUSLY!)
Pretzel man T1000 (to replace the McFarlane one)
Miles Dyson
Dr. Silverman
SWAT team
Future War John Connor
Future War Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah Connor

T1000 as Janelle (Connor's foster mother), with knife arm. A stretch I know. But they have her likeness.
Also, why not reuse a load of parts from Sarah, and do a T1000 Sarah disguise.

And things I wish we got in the Ultimates:

Better/newer Arnold sculpts (Trevor Grove?)
Smiling Arnold headsculpt ("It's really you." "Trust me!")
Sprinting hands for T1000
Black and yellow phased hand for T1000.
Cleaved torso for T1000 (metal pole, end fight)
Thumbs up "metal pool" accessory hand.
Gas grenade launcher.

Motorcycles (But I know it's a licensing nightmare, Randy's said before. Shame).

And I was going to say I doubt we'll get anything more, at least until the next big anniversary, but then I remember the endo arm proto that was shown a while back, so who knows. Naturally it would be the perfect accessory for John. So I continue to hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACqhW2ThcqI

Nice! :clap

TooNiche
07-18-2017, 03:12 PM
The first to care enough to post it :lol

No interest in those myself. I think they look ridiculous.
Word! :lol

snoop101
07-18-2017, 03:21 PM
It would be hilarious if someone went out of their way to make a custom T3 Claire Of all things. :lol

DiFabio
07-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think we're going to see John Connor or any new T1/T2 stuff. I feel like they would have shown them off by now. Here's hoping though.

a-dev
07-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I've never thought "I really wish I had a Katherine Brewster figure, from Terminator 3" either, but I was just immediately struck by the likeness. I think it's uncanny. Which is unfortunate considering it's meant to be Cara Delevingne.

I feel the same way. It's been a cool month or so without doubt, but unless Randy pulls out something even more mindblowing like a Alien Queen with ovipositor I'm not sure how surprised I'm gonna be. Like you say, I expect crossovers/arcade/VG etc. I'd be very surprised if we ever get another team member from P1.

As for Terminator, I feel like Sarah was a gift. Don't know how well she sold. I'd love more of course.

Young John Connor (OBVIOUSLY!)
Pretzel man T1000 (to replace the McFarlane one)
Miles Dyson
Dr. Silverman
SWAT team
Future War John Connor
Future War Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah Connor

T1000 as Janelle (Connor's foster mother), with knife arm. A stretch I know. But they have her likeness.
Also, why not reuse a load of parts from Sarah, and do a T1000 Sarah disguise.

And things I wish we got in the Ultimates:

Better/newer Arnold sculpts (Trevor Grove?)
Smiling Arnold headsculpt ("It's really you." "Trust me!")
Sprinting hands for T1000
Black and yellow phased hand for T1000.
Cleaved torso for T1000 (metal pole, end fight)
Thumbs up "metal pool" accessory hand.
Gas grenade launcher.

Motorcycles (But I know it's a licensing nightmare, Randy's said before. Shame).

And I was going to say I doubt we'll get anything more, at least until the next big anniversary, but then I remember the endo arm proto that was shown a while back, so who knows. Naturally it would be the perfect accessory for John. So I continue to hope.

Love the list. Sadly one gets the impression that Randy thinks they have already fulfilled all of Terminator's potential. They've made a lot, lets be fair. They exceeded McFarlane by a huge amount. I will always remember my sheer joy at seeing their first 4 T2 Arnolds back in 2009 or whenever it was.

But there is more they could do - new T-800 and T-1000 variants, 2-packs, new sculpts (yeah I'd love to see Trevor Grove have a crack at Arnold for this scale), new accessories, alternate hands like Hot Toys does as a standard practice, John Connor, T1 Sarah, Pescadero Sarah, T-1000 as Sarah, 2029 Reese etc etc etc. Burke for the Aliens line makes Miles Dyson a more plausible idea to me than it was before.

Yeah, I don't think we're going to see John Connor or any new T1/T2 stuff. I feel like they would have shown them off by now. Here's hoping though.

Not a peep on twitter for anything Terminator related as far as I can see. Doesn't look good. :dunno

snoop101
07-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Maybe they'll surprise us.

Maybe not though. :lol you'd think that T2 endo arm would have to be for something. I doubt it would be just an accessory pack at this point.

a-dev
07-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Pics at Toy Ark. Nothing new.

snoop101
07-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Surprise surprise.

a-dev
07-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Very disappointing needless to say. I don't know what to think. Are we ever going to find out what that endo-arm in tube accessory is from or was that just cast aside and lost somewhere in the NECA office?

snoop101
07-20-2017, 07:54 AM
Probably cast aside. Maybe we can get another pescadero escape Arnold. :lol

Caped Baldy
07-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Randy probably didn't like DiFabio's comments about candy aliens, so cancelled JC at the last minute as revenge. :rotfl

MaulFan
07-20-2017, 09:12 AM
Very disappointing needless to say. I don't know what to think. Are we ever going to find out what that endo-arm in tube accessory is from or was that just cast aside and lost somewhere in the NECA office?

Likely something in development and recent sales didn't support moving forward.

I know it frustrates people, but, we also don't know what kind of time and effort it takes to pull off something like the Burke figure or, while needless, Cameron figure. How many meetings and discussions with those people in real life to get the figures out it takes. T1 and T2 seem to be a free for all on likenesses so there's no time urgency, whereas NECA seems to be venturing with things that require a lot of finessing and effort to get onto shelves, they may fall back to T2 when dust settles and they need a break from working so hard just to get 1 or 2 figures made.

TooNiche
07-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Likely something in development and recent sales didn't support moving forward.

I know it frustrates people, but, we also don't know what kind of time and effort it takes to pull off something like the Burke figure or, while needless, Cameron figure. How many meetings and discussions with those people in real life to get the figures out it takes. T1 and T2 seem to be a free for all on likenesses so there's no time urgency, whereas NECA seems to be venturing with things that require a lot of finessing and effort to get onto shelves, they may fall back to T2 when dust settles and they need a break from working so hard just to get 1 or 2 figures made.

Pretty solid reasoning.

I feel like if and when they do something new, they need to go all in, with more than just another "pescadero" arnold. That said, I'd of been almost tempted by the rose box one, if only they hadn't skimped on the roses.

The wave of ultimates would of been the perfect time to give us John. We did get Sarah, I'm happy about that.

Maybe one day they'll get the licensing for the bikes, and we can get a wave with:
T-800 on Harley
T1000 on Police Bike
John on his Dirt Bike.

Would make a nice assortment.
(And if we're dreaming! T1000 in Chopper with third arm steering whilst reloading MP5k.)

Of course, they can always do what they did with Ripley and Newt. An Arnie and John 2-pack.

On a sad note:

From Toyark (http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/19/sdcc-2017-gallery-neca-sci-fi-figures-260422)

Yeah.. Not fixed.

scarrviper
07-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Sad to se nothing new, but I guess it was to be expected. Hopefully we get more in the future.

MaulFan
07-20-2017, 01:39 PM
All in all, I feel like this is a weaker representation for NECA at SDCC compared to past years, in terms of the number of new things they're unveiing.

a-dev
07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
All in all, I feel like this is a weaker representation for NECA at SDCC compared to past years, in terms of the number of new things they're unveiing.

As far as my own interests it's been extremely underwhelming, even with Alien and Predator.

Aliens: They should have saved Burke for the big day. I'm a big child, you can't show me that the week beforehand and expect me not to look for more on the day itself - I just can't help myself. Videogame stuff doesn't excite me - these are movie licenses - movie-stuff is the big draw. I would have been overjoyed seeing Burke for the first time at the Con. Also Randy was hyping up character debuts - plural. The other 'character' ended up being James Cameron. While nifty and a nice tribute - that's not a 'character'. That's not what anyone was ever going to assume he meant when he said there was more character debuts to come. Everyone was thinking it'd be Gorman or Drake. So I do feel like Randy misspoke there and got people unduly excited.

Predator: Again, as far as debuts, just videogame and Kenner stuff or whatever. Good for some but this whole thing started with a movie, not a videogame, not an original toyline or a comic. They had their movie stuff on display but nothing previously unseen. What was that Hawkins coke bottle tease? I was hoping to find Hawkins - alas, no blood, no bodies - we hit nothing!

Robocop: Well, I had no expectations here really. As I've always said, Robocop is relatively better served at larger scales and in high end. I've never really felt any regret about how limited the NECA collection is. I'm indifferent to what they had at the show - I mean this Robo/Terminator hybrid stuff looks silly as **** to me, but it isn't there taking up space I'd rather have seen occupied by something else. If even the title character can't be done justice then I don't really care if there isn't a Clarence Boddicker etc

Terminator: Terrible showing. Nothing we haven't already seen umpteen times over.

jye4ever
07-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Randy just read that as praise lol.

https://media.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

a-dev
07-20-2017, 09:44 PM
:lol I think it would be read as criticism which cancels out any praise I've ever given. There's definitely lurkers who would read it like that.

I do have a lot of praise and gratitude for NECA and the collection they've given me. However this is my reaction to SDCC 2017 as it pertains to my favoured licenses - I'm not gonna lie about it - it's been disappointing. All the really good stuff had already been shown. I do understand that fans of nostalgic video-games will be happy, as will horror fans by the looks of it - they can't please everyone equally all of the time.

But uhhh

aaaaaaand GIF isn't working. But you know the one.

jye4ever
07-20-2017, 09:48 PM
lol

DiFabio tried to save you from the pain a-dev.

Young fool only now at the end do you understand.

P.
07-20-2017, 10:16 PM
On a sad note:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=354374&d=1500576899
From Toyark (http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/19/sdcc-2017-gallery-neca-sci-fi-figures-260422)

Yeah.. Not fixed.
whoever posed that flyer gun had never seen a terminator movie.
(though it's obvious already from posing the tank)
does NECA illegally hire immature kids to work for their exhibitions?

Vector
07-21-2017, 10:35 AM
So I went back and looked at the endo arm that was teased a little over a year ago.

I wanted to make sure that it was not actually meant for this all along:

The two arms do resemble each other but do not appear to be the same. And the first one definitely looks like a T2 accessory since it is on the pedestal with the tube. But, no John at SDCC this year again, so the mystery continues...

Justcrash
07-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Robocop VS terminator is one of my all time favorite comic series so I am actually pretty jazzed about these figures. It's a very dark read.

a-dev
07-21-2017, 11:00 AM

And what the hell is this kid?

jye4ever
07-21-2017, 11:02 AM
lolololololol

a-dev
07-21-2017, 11:05 AM
But T2 John Connor isn't marketable, not enough reuse potential etc etc

Tha ***k.

K1LLJOY
07-21-2017, 11:07 AM

That will definitely sell better than John Connor. :slap

jye4ever
07-21-2017, 11:40 AM
It was overheard on the convention floor Randy saying:

"a-dev is online right now at sideshow freaks reveal this unknown zombie kid now!"

a-dev
07-21-2017, 11:58 AM

It does feel like we're being trolled here. Who the **** is that kid? Who was asking for him? Lets ignore all the people asking for John Connor from T2, one of our staple licenses, and make some random Zombie kid instead.

:banghead

snoop101
07-21-2017, 12:21 PM
That's really cool. I kind of felt like my collection could use a little zombie boy. Thanks NECA. More video game/ neon aliens too please.

TooNiche
07-21-2017, 12:35 PM
whoever posed that flyer gun had never seen a terminator movie.
(though it's obvious already from posing the tank)
does NECA illegally hire immature kids to work for their exhibitions?

I've wondered a few times who actually poses the displays. The more diorama type ones are usually good, but some of the others seem like they've just been shoved on the shelf by minions. You'd think they'd take a bit more pride in getting it perfect. I know I spend to much time fiddling with the poses of figures on my shelves. :p

Vector
07-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Maybe I can use him in my BioShock diorama as a little brother. Although they never actually appeared in the game...

rjszar
07-21-2017, 12:39 PM
I think he'll go great with these two. CAN'T WAIT!

Caped Baldy
07-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Reported all of you to Chris Hansen for having unhealthy urges for a toy of a 10-year-old boy. You should be campaigning for waitress Sarah instead. :lecture

a-dev can share a cell with jye and his pug posters. :lol

a-dev
07-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Reported all of you to Chris Hansen for having unhealthy urges for a toy of a 10-year-old boy. You should be campaigning for waitress Sarah instead. :lecture

a-dev can share a cell with jye and his pug posters. :lol

He could be mine. Oh yes. He could be mine.

Staps1138
07-21-2017, 08:09 PM
It blows my mind how Randy can have the pulse on collector's wants so well at times and then be so blind or just hard headed at other times. Kids dont sell well so no JC but zombie boy who is an unknown to me and others gets made? A young John is a must and we buy tons of terminator rehashes so why not reward us with a figure we've been begging for. John would have been far less work than this zombie boy with his bomb dio to make and i'm sure they'd find a way to re release or re hash him a few times as opposed to what is certain to be a one and down figure nobody was asking for.

a-dev
07-21-2017, 08:21 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

GeneralZodLives
07-22-2017, 08:16 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/64fd753d0565b84f22206328ae6449e5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/a7ba8a6144fcdb23c1c4e58dec4a8fb1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/8b62d3802f83cda71f62ff88ca146e3b.jpg

snoop101
07-22-2017, 08:43 AM
*yawn*

I'll admit I was excited for the 1/4 T-800 when it was first announced. Now I really don't give a damn after how lame sdcc was. No new Terminator figures or Terminator announcements, no John Connor, and the aliens "game changer" was a complete joke. Very disappointed with NECA.

BetterThanKenobi83
07-22-2017, 08:57 AM
I feel really bad for the fans who want the John Connor for the Terminator line. It just does not make sense for Randy to not go ahead and do it. Heck, they gave us Aliens fans Newt as both an SDCC and retail variant so him saying they cannot do fan demanded side characters seems total bull.

BetterThanKenobi83
07-22-2017, 08:58 AM
I think he'll go great with these two. CAN'T WAIT!

Damn I did not see those. Are they gonna be fully articulated or just statues ?

henzINNIT
07-22-2017, 07:36 PM
It's frustrating to be in a position where you're hoping Neca will milk this line some more. The company have turned re-paints and re-use into an art form when it comes to Alien and Predator. Similar things could be done here, the only thing holding Neca back is Neca themselves. They won't even mine later sequels when T3 in particular would open up a bunch of new Arnie figures.

I'd probably even buy a couple of Kenner style Terminator figures too.

Plastic Bateman
07-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Robocop VS terminator is one of my all time favorite comic series so I am actually pretty jazzed about these figures. It's a very dark read.

The greatest movie tie-in comic ever produced. I don't buy much NECA stuff but I guess I'm duty-bound to at least buy future war Robocop when he's released.

The ghost from The Devil's Backbone, part of NECA's forthcoming Guillermo Del Toro line. In some respects he's just an accessory, the main draw is the replica unexploded bomb he comes packaged with.

jye4ever
07-22-2017, 08:22 PM
I can't imagine any cinematic milestone collection being without a kid with a bomb from Devil's Backbone.

a-dev
07-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Sarcasm noted.

I'll be more direct. Never heard of the film, never saw it. I refuse to believe more people want that than want John Connor from Terminator 2 Judgment Day.

Plastic Bateman
07-22-2017, 08:37 PM
Sarcasm noted.

I'll be more direct. Never heard of the film, never saw it. I refuse to believe more people want that than want John Connor from Terminator 2 Judgment Day.

You'd be surprised, Del Toro's movies have a huge following. Plus I think in his own mind Randy might be able to justify this as being "different" because it's a ghost child.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you that his reasoning for not doing certain figures is usually absurd pretzel logic...

jye4ever
07-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Someone should inform Randy that Del Toro's career is almost finished.

If his water movie bombs no studio will ever go near him.

DiFabio
07-24-2017, 10:50 AM
The NECA booth sucked. Nothing new other than those two weird Guillermo del Toro figures and a big ass Deadpool that they kept "hidden" every day with this black plastic film.

The Terminator section was awful with all those hybrid Robocop and Terminator things. I just don't get it. The big boy Arnold is alright, but again, it's just a blown up figure of what we've already seen before.

Really disappointed, but not at all surprised. I was going to ask Randy about what the endo arm tease from a while back was all about, but he was either being interviewed by some youtube dude or not at the booth. They had the smallest booth at the con and really did seem like this small, independent toy company. The ghetto ass "CASH ONLY" written with sharpie on a torn cardboard piece made me lol. :lol

jye4ever
07-24-2017, 10:57 AM
That's NJ for you lol

Vector
07-24-2017, 11:33 AM
Leading up to SDCC this year, I was hopeful and thinking about where I could incorporate a John Connor figure into my Terminator dioramas. Now, I am just going to design them with no further thought to this figure and simply stick him in the Sarah desert scene if and when he ever happens. Which, unfortunately, is looking less and less likely.

The next best time that John could possibly be revealed would be to coincide with the theater release of Terminator 2 3D which is on August 25th. But, I am not optimistic...

a-dev
07-24-2017, 03:35 PM
I'll still get the 1:4 scaler, I'll somehow even look forward to it even though it's just a bigger version of something we already have like DiFabio said. The cinemachines I'm not sure about now. The inaccuracy as pointed out in this thread has soured me on those. I would have hoped NECA had done their homework on them but evidently not and it feels like another symptom of Terminator being a lesser priority for NECA.

NosferatuBill36
07-24-2017, 06:33 PM
I'll still get the 1:4 scaler, I'll somehow even look forward to it even though it's just a bigger version of something we already have like DiFabio said. The cinemachines I'm not sure about now. The inaccuracy as pointed out in this thread has soured me on those. I would have hoped NECA had done their homework on them but evidently not and it feels like another symptom of Terminator being a lesser priority for NECA.

Agreed on all points, but I'm a sucker.

I'm going to throw my money at all of it in hopes that Randy notices and produces more stuff with the license.

TooNiche
07-25-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm still debating the cinemachines.

They're not hugely impressive to start with, due to the paint. And then with the worst accuracy I've personally witnessed from NECA on the tank..

If I buy the tank, it'll be to fix it. But at £44 ($57) or £35 ($45, as a set with the flyer) it's a lot for a fixer.

Honestly, I'm still amazed that this is going ahead like this. For a company that prides itself on accuracy. And until now, justifiedly so.

It's not like the Alien Covenant situation, where they were messed up by revised character designs. What is the excuse? I can only imagine these all got built already and it would cost too much to deassemble/reassemble them all. But how could this even pass the prototype phase? It's been a disaster from the start.

As for the 1/4 scale Arnie, it's okay, but I'd prefer a new 1/4 endoskeleton.

snoop101
07-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Terminator is at the bottom of Necas list, so it's a very low priority for them. As to why they wouldn't at least try and make them accurate, who knows.

jye4ever
07-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Cameron Terminator Trilogy:

"The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?,” Cameron says. “So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”

a-dev
07-25-2017, 07:37 PM
If he doesn't want to direct them himself then I have no confidence that they would be any better than T3-Genisys. I may not understand why he feels the need to make 4 more Avatars but he must think they'll be worthwhile if he's making them all personally - they're a passion project for him and as such I think they're bound to have some merit. Yet another attempt at a new Terminator trilogy where he's probably going to be nothing more than a producer though? :dunno

jye4ever
07-25-2017, 07:39 PM
I hope that since he owns the rights that he'll actually care now lol

snoop101
07-25-2017, 08:28 PM
He won't though. Like a-Dev said he's all about Avatar now, that's where his passion lies for whatever reason.

ShadowGuardian
07-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Terminator ended back in 1991. Those first 2 movies are awesome but the franchise as a whole needs to be put to rest. Besides, the concept and world of the Terminator does feel a little dated in 2017 (But none the less still cool).

snoop101
07-25-2017, 09:45 PM
I don't think it feels dated at all. If anything it's becoming more relevant today, especially with how reliant we are with technology. There's plenty of awesome things they could do with the franchise. How many terminator fans have repeatedly asked for a future war movie? (Referring to what we saw in T1/T2) But Instead they'll re-use the same ol dry ass time travel plot that's been done a million times.

MaulFan
07-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Fox is already questioning finishing the Prometheus trilogy, with the sales of Genisys, I'd be surprised if any studio was willing to back another Terminator film right now.

NosferatuBill36
07-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Terminator ended back in 1991. Those first 2 movies are awesome but the franchise as a whole needs to be put to rest. Besides, the concept and world of the Terminator does feel a little dated in 2017 (But none the less still cool).

Then we should end Star Trek, Star Wars, Spider-man, etc.

Terminator is routinely ranked as one of the top 5 scifi franchises of all time. A few stinkers shouldn't(and won't) kill the property. If that were the case, Enterprise would've ended Star Trek, Spider-man would've died with Spider-man 3, and Star Wars would've ended with...The Force Awakens(bwahahahahahaha).

By the way, I only referred to those franchises because they're usually ranked alongside Terminator.

While I liked Salvation, and even enjoyed Genisys, it wasn't the kick in the pants the franchise needed. But it will come.

snoop101
07-26-2017, 11:39 AM
Fox is already questioning finishing the Prometheus trilogy, with the sales of Genisys, I'd be surprised if any studio was willing to back another Terminator film right now.

If Cameron is a producer they sure as hell will.

Ironman69
07-27-2017, 09:43 PM
I have a few great and logical ideas to continue the story after T2 ends. I thought of these "revelations" in a realistic point of view of what would really happen should the story continue. Read on guys, and chime in on what you think.

First revelation:

If you remember at the end of T2, where Arnold gets his arm pinned in the sprocket of a gigantic gear by the T-1000, that bit of arm is STILL in the machinery after Arnold pries it off with the metal bar! It is the ONLY piece of the future that survives the story ( movie ). What if that piece of his arm is found by the steel workers a few days later and given to a tech firm? What if that arm ( plot surprise! ) ends up being the catalyst of Skynets creation and NOT the arm from T1?

Second revelation:

I find it hard to believe that Miles Dyson would be solely responsible for the future events that will take place. A company the size and scope of Cyberdyne would have had many, many engineers and scientists working alongside Miles Dyson. Killing Dyson in T2 probably realistically didn't change anything, as other scientists almost definitely would have had those same computer files stored in their own computers and file cabinets at home! Any one of those scientists would thus become what Dyson would have become had Dyson lived.

Third revelation:

Consider the fact that Dr. Silberman now has knowledge and first hand eye witness accounts of these two futuristic machines in action, considering he saw both in the detainment hallway at the Pescadero mental institution when Arnold assisted John Connor in rescuing his mother, Sarah Connor. This institution is riddled with security cameras recording every angle 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After the breakout of Sarah from the institution, there would ABSOLUTELY have been an investigation done by the authorities as to what happened. They will talk to Dr. Silberman and the employees who were beaten up by Arnold and review the recorded video tapes. They will now see a fantastic glimpse of the T-1000 oozing through a steel jail door, only to have his pistol get stuck. They will see through the video surveillance of Arnold taking multiple rounds of 9mm ammo to his back and run into the elevator unscathed. They will see how the T-1000 can magically manipulate the geometry of his hands to form sharp metal objects and tools as it pries open the elevator door. They will pull Sarah's file from the institution's archives and interview Dr. Silberman and will continue to look for Sarah and John for the rest of their lives. Government agents (CIA and FBI) will most likely learn about the video footage and declare it a Top Secret/ National security matter....now you can see the basic plot of a true 3rd movie in the terminator franchise....Sarah and John on the run. During this time, Sarah and John see a Kyle Reese as a boy growing up. John finally "meets" his real dad.

A 4th revelation:

what if Sarah and John are captured by the authorities while on the run? What if they are shown the video footage of the terminators in action back at the mental institution? The authorities will now find it hard to discount Sarah's ( or John's ) story of an impending apocalypse. The authorities cannot refute the factual evidence of the video surveillance recordings. So the question now becomes: by virtue of the video recordings and the statements made by Silberman, Sarah and John, does this set the wheels of fate in motion of the creation of Skynet, albeit at a much later date? Top secret government scientists will see the video footage and begin work on emulating the technology they've seen. By starting from scratch ( no CPU as Cyberdyne had ) the scientists will eventually create a skynet in the future, well past the date Sarah knows because the scientists had less data or inspiration to start with.

Alice
07-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Pretty much all of that has already been explored in the T2 novel series by S.M. Sterling and the John Connor Chronicles by Russell Blackford.

Both series started pretty solidly. Both were great. Particularly the first book of JCC and the first two books of T2, but JCC started going off the rails in the second book, and the third book in the T2 series seemed like it was rushed to print to bank on sales with the upcoming release of T3.

Personally, unless Cameron is writing AND directing, I'm really not interested in any more sequels. It wasn't just his narrative that made his movies enjoyable, but also his guerrilla, hands-on style of directing and his ability to tell the suits to shut up when they tried to interfere.

a-dev
07-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Well, the ripped off arm idea has done the rounds since before T3 existed. And to me it's not really a good launching point for anything. It's just an arm...not even a full arm. That's not nearly enough to work with. The chip was the most important thing and they were destroyed.

As to the second point - as hard as it may be to believe that Dyson was solely responsible I think that's what we're supposed to accept in the movie. The T-800 seemingly wasn't aware of anyone else nor did Dyson himself reveal that anyone else was involved or could continue his work - and now knowing what he knew he seemed pretty determined to destroy everything so I don't think he was holding any information back - unless he legitimately forgot about something or others had gone over his head without his knowledge and made copies of everything he was doing. Maybe it could be said that the T-800 was pulling a bit of a deception and not being forthcoming with everything he knew (like in T3) but I doubt it. I believe that the T-800 was also genuinely invested in stopping Judgment Day by that point in the movie and, to the best of its knowledge, they were doing everything necessary towards achieving that end. Now, it's ****ing time-paradoxes so maybe the T-800 could have been simply wrong. Not that I consider it canon but even in Genisys he adds the caveat of ''theoretically'' whenever he has an idea about something that may nor may not work.

Points 3 and 4 are fine although, without any future tech remaining besides that useless crushed hand, the creation of skynet would be back on the long finger so to speak. It might happen eventually by a natural evolution of technology which, as one idea says, must have happened originally in a lost timeline. An original Skynet that came about without any time travel, an original John Connor whose dad is not Kyle Reese and who would later be erased from existence by Kyle Reese.

P.
07-28-2017, 01:44 AM
First revelation:

If you remember at the end of T2, where Arnold gets his arm pinned in the sprocket of a gigantic gear by the T-1000, that bit of arm is STILL in the machinery after Arnold pries it off with the metal bar! It is the ONLY piece of the future that survives the story ( movie ). What if that piece of his arm is found by the steel workers a few days later and given to a tech firm? What if that arm ( plot surprise! ) ends up being the catalyst of Skynets creation and NOT the arm from T1?

it will truly be a revelation when you realise that people who understood a need to destroy one terminator arm surely understood a need to destroy another.
same about other points.

Second revelation:

I find it hard to believe that Miles Dyson would be solely responsible for the future events that will take place.
what you believe is irrelevant. what is told by storyteller through Dyson role is important, because that's what sets the setting.
also when you start working in an office, you'll know the trouble of working on your own project when nothing can be done without repeated phone calls to you while you're on vacation.
also you'll know about secrecy policy and won't think about "own computers and file cabinets at home". or maybe you will be immediately fired and sued.
the guy was the only with clearance of working at home.

Third revelation:

Consider the fact that Dr. Silberman now has knowledge and first hand eye witness accounts of these two futuristic machines in actiona psychiatrist went crazy from working with crazy people.
c'mon, everybody knows they are not normal to begin with. nobody "normal" can calmly have a conversation with wackos.
for the start - he "treated" Sarah from accepting the Reese "delusion", and nobody cared. no one will when he goes crazy with the same "delusion" after years of studying the case. that's a common story.

A 4th revelation:

what if Sarah and John are captured by the authorities while on the run?then none of those events we saw happened, because there was no John and no resistance and thus no travel back in time and no Skynet creation.
once again, saying what you're saying is relevant before the events are set in stone. the movie tells the story based on a story, and, as it is a story about time travel, no such things happened already, though they take place in future from the point of view of characters in the movie.

It might happen eventually by a natural evolution of technology which, as one idea says, must have happened originally in a lost timeline. An original Skynet that came about without any time travel, an original John Connor whose dad is not Kyle Reese and who would later be erased from existence by Kyle Reese.
that's some terminator jajuja crap from terminator jajuja forums. they caused T3, T4 and T5. (and they were caused by T2, but that's another story.)
i really hope you just quote that blabber and don't actually agree with it :pray:

a-dev
07-28-2017, 08:33 AM
I consider T2 canon so isn't anything I believe jajuja crap to you? :lol

P.
07-28-2017, 08:45 AM
you consider the movie that contradicts the original movie in every single idea canon.
https://rlv.zcache.com/okay_guy_rage_face_meme_classic_round_sticker-r96e77cd51d99465795f2d1e841d89e6e_v9wth_8byvr_324. jpg
i can live with that.

Alice
07-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Terminator 2: Jajujament Day.

a-dev
07-28-2017, 08:50 AM
you consider the movie that contradicts the original movie in every single idea canon? :horror

https://rlv.zcache.com/okay_guy_rage_face_meme_classic_round_sticker-r96e77cd51d99465795f2d1e841d89e6e_v9wth_8byvr_324. jpg

You're surprised by this? I didn't think this would be new information. :lol

MaulFan
07-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Bottom line, the story or The Terminator was not designed for sequels, but T2 got away with it because it was a well constructed film, subsequent sequels have not because their stories have not been strong enough to make you overlook the plot holes.

snoop101
07-28-2017, 01:28 PM
A movie about time travel opens the doors to numerous amounts of possibilities. The problem has not only been with the lackluster writing, but also the directors. Mostow, Mcg, and Alan Taylor aren't exactly top notch.

DiFabio
07-28-2017, 04:59 PM
For me, Terminator starts with The Terminator (1984) and ends with T2: Judgment Day. Just those two. No more.

GasparZizou
07-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Bottom line, the story or The Terminator was not designed for sequels, but T2 got away with it because it was a well constructed film, subsequent sequels have not because their stories have not been strong enough to make you overlook the plot holes.
Time travel stories are made to have infinite sequels, Terminator ones just haven't been good outside T2.

And even then, I'm not sure even Terminator got time travel right, it's a very outdated interpretation.

you consider the movie that contradicts the original movie in every single idea canon.
If by contradicting you mean improving...

For me, Terminator starts with The Terminator (1984) and ends with T2: Judgment Day. Just those two. No more.
Correct, if you consider T2 > T1, then you are a true patrician.

P.
07-29-2017, 05:06 AM
If by contradicting you mean improving...and i thought i wasn't a native english speaker here.

DiFabio
07-29-2017, 09:41 AM
I know deep down you love T2 P. Don't deny it.

a-dev
07-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Search your feelings Lord P., you will know it to be true.

A reference he will understand because of his love of Star Wars

DiFabio
07-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Anyone that has that many T2 figures (all carefully and thoughtfully posed creating the most iconic scenes mind you) can't possibly hate it or think it's "meh".

Lord Freezer
07-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Work in progress...

GasparZizou
07-29-2017, 03:08 PM
I know deep down you love T2 P. Don't deny it.

Ah ha! So P's secret is out... We should've known sooner.

http://i.imgur.com/PRh82rE.png?1

DiFabio
07-29-2017, 05:15 PM
*exhales* HAHAHAHAHA what a T2 ***!

P.
07-29-2017, 06:49 PM
hmmm by the way, why did that mark disappear from my profile? guess it was after a ban.

GasparZizou
07-29-2017, 06:58 PM
You got banned too? :lol

Now what sort of awesome joke did you make?

a-dev, what are you doing son? Go out there and get yourself banned too!

DiFabio
07-29-2017, 07:05 PM
a-dev a gud boi, he never dindu nuffins.

P.
07-29-2017, 08:04 PM
You got banned too? :lol

Now what sort of awesome joke did you make?i posted a picture with a predator making a turd and saying "**** happens" - a direct quote from a movie :dunno

DiFabio
07-29-2017, 08:11 PM
That's nothing.

P.
07-29-2017, 08:23 PM
That's nothing.that's what i'm saying, i'm an innocent victim of the regime :monkey3

GasparZizou
07-29-2017, 08:36 PM
We all are.

a-dev
07-29-2017, 10:19 PM
If someone needs to be insulted or something potentially mod-triggering needs to be said, I throw Difabio at the thread. All his material comes from me.

P.
07-30-2017, 05:06 AM
see? a-dev is the only evil here among us innocent lambs.

TooNiche
07-30-2017, 10:27 AM
Saw the Cinemachines yesterday in person, at Forbidden Planet in London. Can confirm, tank is definately wrong. So it will need fixing if that bothers you.

But, on the positive side, paint was much better than expected. The promo pics make it look a bit grainy/thick, but it's actually fine in person. I'd of picked them up, but I can get them much cheaper online.

Vector
07-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Work in progress...

Looking good. Planning to chrome paint my NECA endo and make a similar stand. Where did you get the skulls. Did you make them yourself out of clay?

Alice
07-31-2017, 06:22 PM
see? a-dev is the only evil here among us innocent lambs.

a-dev? More like a-DEVIL!

P.
07-31-2017, 09:04 PM
a-dev? More like a-DEVIL!
https://movieethoughts.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/tumblr_lnjsxjdggt1qjezbwo1_500.gif

truth was ciphered right under our noses :panic:

Lord Freezer
08-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Looking good. Planning to chrome paint my NECA endo and make a similar stand. Where did you get the skulls. Did you make them yourself out of clay?

Thanks... yes I made them... plastiline sculpture and resin casts.

TheWhiteOne
08-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Hey whats the value of a sideshow terminatrix 1:1 bust, and whats the value of the cinemaquette terminatrix as well? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

P.
08-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Hey whats the value of a sideshow terminatrix 1:1 bust, and whats the value of the cinemaquette terminatrix as well? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks
minus infinity :dunno

jaxon
08-05-2017, 03:24 AM
Reviews are here for the cinemachines.
Love the flying HK.
Not a fan of the tank, Needs to be modded.

https://youtu.be/7LdSDsqptvw

https://youtu.be/3vBNdPa2hIU

Plastic Bateman
08-05-2017, 03:50 AM

Sold listings on eBay indicate about $850 for the 1:1 bust. There are no recent sales of the cinemaquette but there is one currently listed at about $2200.

The character is not exactly popular so I suspect you might have a hard time selling either of those.

TooNiche
08-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Reviews are here for the cinemachines.
Love the flying HK.
Not a fan of the tank, Needs to be modded.

https://youtu.be/7LdSDsqptvw

https://youtu.be/3vBNdPa2hIU

Agreed. I wonder how many reviews will pick up on that.

Cheers for the links! ;)

a-dev
08-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Got the 10 day notice from BBTS for the cinemachines so I cancelled mine - for now at least. Just not feeling any excitement for them and I don't want them going on my next bill.

And that's all I have to say about that.

rjszar
08-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Got the 10 day notice from BBTS for the cinemachines so I cancelled mine - for now at least. Just not feeling any excitement for them and I don't want them going on my next bill.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Hmmm. Wonder why I didn't get one.

NosferatuBill36
08-06-2017, 07:43 PM
I've noticed something about Randy--especially concerning how he comes across on Twitter.

I'm not sure if it's condescending, narcissistic, or a little of both. But he definitely has a "holier than thou" and a "my **** don't stink unless I say it does" attitude--especially concerning licenses.

No John Connor, or pretty much any great idea that a fan may suggest, but let's produce figures from Valerian which has made 66 million worldwide.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not a fan of his.

KoBE
08-06-2017, 07:55 PM
I've noticed something about Randy--especially concerning how he comes across on Twitter.

I'm not sure if it's condescending, narcissistic, or a little of both. But he definitely has a "holier than thou" and a "my **** don't stink unless I say it does" attitude--especially concerning licenses.

No John Connor, or pretty much any great idea that a fan may suggest, but let's produce figures from Valerian which has made 66 million worldwide.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not a fan of his.

Valerian's a different "pay the bills" situation

rjszar
08-11-2017, 10:45 AM
BBTS kinda dropped the ball with the T2 cinemachines. I didn't get a 10 day notice and I didn't get a notice that they were in and added to my pile of loot. Checked and just saw them sitting there. So I should have them next week. Hopefully, I can jump right on that tank and get it straightened out. I'm sure they took extra care to weld the upper torso and arms in the wrong spots.

ShadowGuardian
08-14-2017, 10:36 AM
The upcoming T2 1/4 T-800 is shipping out on September 11.
http://necaonline.com/events/2017-09/

a-dev
08-14-2017, 10:49 AM
So looks like Michelangelo, T-800 and the Aliens Sentry gun accessory pack will be next months acquisitions.

rivera2171
08-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Hopefully, I can jump right on that tank and get it straightened out. I'm sure they took extra care to weld the upper torso and arms in the wrong spots.
Funny...thats the same thing I was thinking. But seriously I am hoping it wont be too much trouble to make him right.

Caped Baldy
08-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Packaging shots if you haven't seen it already.

a-dev
08-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks, hadn't actually seen those yet.

Reasonably looking forward to it despite it being a complete rehash. Want to see what it looks like in the broader collection of NECA 1:4s I've got now.

Oh and I've also got DoggieDoc's 1:4 Teargas launcher to try with it.

snoop101
08-15-2017, 11:33 AM
The enlarged sculpt really brings out all of the flaws. Looks pretty weak.

rjszar
08-15-2017, 11:35 AM
The enlarged sculpt really brings out all of the flaws. Looks pretty weak.

I have to agree. Not that excited about getting it at this point.

a-dev
08-15-2017, 11:46 AM
If memory serves some people used to describe the NECA sculpt as a caricature. At this size for sure I see what they mean. It should have been reworked, ideally keeping what's good - the hair and general shape, the neck - and fixing what gives doubt - the eyes, the jaw and mouth.