PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

a-dev
01-17-2017, 11:17 PM
To be fair, I've always though NECA's older, static-leg semi-statues were a bit on the lanky side

Possibly, but they've now gone too far in the other direction IMO.

Anyway, I sliced off the heel part of the expendable T-1000 boots I had left over from the pretzel man kitbash and added it to the heel of my otherwise unaltered Ult.motorcycle cop. This at least corrected the annoying leaning issue. It works just fine. Problem is having to do the same thing for every single figure that has this same issue, T-800s and Sarah Connors.

Langolier
01-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a custom chrome painted 18 inch endo. Not v familiar with the figure myself. Is there any issues I should be aware of before plunging in?

Davea1982
01-21-2017, 03:39 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a custom chrome painted 18 inch endo. Not v familiar with the figure myself. Is there any issues I should be aware of before plunging in?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170121/96cbf38139d54d3954f24a7de28dbab8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170121/9a40b99d8119ecbddd8912672781f004.jpg

My advice do it.... I made a custom base for mine and finished with alclad chrome.... It's beautiful!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Langolier
01-21-2017, 09:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170121/96cbf38139d54d3954f24a7de28dbab8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170121/9a40b99d8119ecbddd8912672781f004.jpg

My advice do it.... I made a custom base for mine and finished with alclad chrome.... It's beautiful!!

Nice! You might have me convinced :clap

Davea1982
01-21-2017, 09:08 AM
Nice! You might have me convinced :clap
I'm glad dude. Need any tips or someone to do it for you give me a shout.

Caped Baldy
01-24-2017, 09:48 AM
'"It's a quarter to noon on #t2sday the perfect time to show you something new coming this Spring #Terminator #t2 #t23D"

a-dev
01-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Oh now they're putting in a mid-torso joint! :lol

And will this one manage to be shorter again?

Man, I can't help but feel a little bit cynical about this.

will still buy though :monkey3

Vector
01-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Toyark is saying that this may be 1/4 scale.

http://news.toyark.com/2017/01/24/neca-teases-new-terminator-2-t-800-237388

A new teaser photo posted by NECA gives fans a look at an upcoming Terminator 2: Judgement Day T-800 Figure. The figure showcases a clean looking version of The Terminator, as seen on the attack on Cyberdyne Systems in the movie. The level of detail, style of articulation and wording of the tweet seems to hint that this is a 1/4 Scale T-800. That info is unconfirmed at this point, but it’s a pretty good bet.

The figure is listed for a Spring 2017 release. We’ll continue to update as more details are revealed. Click the banner image for the full size photo.

a-dev
01-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Toyark is saying that this may be 1/4 scale.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2017-01-24-17h16m37s119%20Small_zpsczd3ypjx.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/vlcsnap-2017-01-24-17h16m37s119%20Small_zpsczd3ypjx.png.html)

If it wasn't going to be the semi-BD steel mill this was the next best choice.

Johnny Utah
01-24-2017, 10:25 AM
That 2009 sculpt. Again. Why am I not surprised?

sallah
01-24-2017, 10:54 AM
That 2009 sculpt. Again. Why am I not surprised?

It is a new sculpt. The clue is in the text- "Its a QUARTER to noon".

This is the 1/4 scale they teased awhile back. :)

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Yeah it's a quarter scale. The sunglasses and ab crunch are the dead give away.

Guess the Steel Mill version they had in their banner last year got scrapped, unless they just throw in the semi damaged sculpt with this one ala the 7" Ultimate since I assume the sunglasses are removable in this scale.

a-dev
01-24-2017, 11:03 AM
If that endo-arm in tube accessory they posted a few months back is from a John Connor figure they redeem everything as far as I'm concerned. :pray:

sallah
01-24-2017, 11:07 AM
If that endo-arm in tube accessory they posted a few months back is from a John Connor figure they redeem everything as far as I'm concerned. :pray:

He really is the one thing missing to make this line feel pretty much perfect.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 11:13 AM

Yeah, it's gotta be.

Back to this 1:4. I highly doubt they make the mini gun and ammo bag (way too big, intricate and costly for NECA to produce, I predict the launcher, pistol and shot gun) for this version so the Enterbay gun and bag might be of use to me. Glad I didn't sell it off like I originally intended.

sallah
01-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Plus they went to the trouble of making that new box design for the Galleria T-800-

Why bother creating it and making a standard price point release for him if he was just a one-off? If that was the case, he would have been an Ultimate.

More stuff has to be coming in that style. I would pay $20 for a John Connor. Even without his dirt bike.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Also we know the only reason they give the T2 Arnold figures that left leg thigh cut is to save $$$ and tooling for the Battle Damaged versions that need a damaged left knee. So I'm thinking a 1:4 semi Steel Mill is possible.

Only a matter of time before they give the 7" versions those updated features such as the ab crunch and such.

I just hope if John happens he's at retail. None of that exclusive BS. Unlike Newt's photograph and helmet, I'd actually want everything John comes with, especially if it's the endo arm. It'd also be nice to see a wave featuring Uncle Bob, T-1000 (articulated Steel Mill), Sarah connor (no hat with sunglasses, hat with no sunglasses or maybe a bloody version from the aster Mill) and an all new John Connor.

a-dev
01-24-2017, 11:24 AM
I like the way you're both thinking! There's still reasonable potential with the line, I hope Randy sees it that way.

Difabio, great idea for the Enterbay minigun and ammo bag - heck even if NECA do provide those things I'll probably switch the Enterbay equivalents onto the NECA figure since I'm not otherwise using them. Oh and the M79 too.

ApeManRyan
01-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Man that looks sweet it would be my first neca 1/4 figure for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

snoop101
01-24-2017, 11:31 AM
This better include the mini gun and ammo bag.

a-dev
01-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Just had a thought, maybe it'll be worth buying DoggieDoc's teargas launcher at 1:4 afterall

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 11:38 AM
This better include the mini gun and ammo bag.

I just can't see that happening. They never load their 1:4 scale figures with heavy duty weapons or accessories like that. They didn't give Batman his steel gauntlet (instead they included a cheap three pronged grapple hook nobody uses), both Penguins never got an umbrella, etc. etc.

To date I believe their Deadpool has the most weapons and accessories. You also have to take into account the minigun fitting in their uniformed box format. It'd be almost half the size of the figure. I'd don't think it would even fit on the side disassembled.

sallah
01-24-2017, 11:43 AM
I am just glad it has taken this long to get to a T-800 Arnie 1/4 scale. NECA has been consistently improving their 1/4 scale stuff... But the last few have been incredible. Hard to find a fault in either Donatello or Deadpool. Hope Termy continues that trend.

Sallah

Johnny Utah
01-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Same sculpt. Enlarged.

sallah
01-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Same sculpt. Enlarged.

I don't think so.

Sallah

a-dev
01-24-2017, 11:59 AM
I'd say it's the same sculpt. The only thing giving me pause is I'm not used to seeing the lips quite so delineated from eachother. Must compare it to the 12'' Pescadero head when I get home. I think I'm just seeing the difference between a prototype and final in-hand products though.

jye4ever
01-24-2017, 12:01 PM
I am just glad it has taken this long to get to a T-800 Arnie 1/4 scale. NECA has been consistently improving their 1/4 scale stuff... But the last few have been incredible. Hard to find a fault in either Donatello or Deadpool. Hope Termy continues that trend.

Sallah

/\ This.

NECA frustrates me but I will not be passing this up since it's an affordable alternative to Enterbay's bad head offering.

sallah
01-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Face seems much more detailed than 7"-

If it is the same sculpt (which I am still not sold on it being so), it definitely isn't a smaller version that has been enlarged. The original sculpt would have had to have been about this large to begin with for thise details to hold up at 1/4 scale. They do the reverse.... Making 7" figures out of 18" sculpts- But you can't enlarge a 7" sculpt up to 18" and get those details.

If it is the 2009 sculpt, then we are getting it in the cleanest version we have ever had. A 1:1 of the original sculpt with no details lost in shrinkage.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 12:32 PM

sallah
01-24-2017, 12:42 PM

Seeing them all together- Yeah it may all be the same... Something a little off between nose and upper lip, but everything else lines up.

Still- I stand by what I said about it not being an enlargement. That original sculpt had to be about that big to begin with to get those details at 18". So in that regard, it isn't like they are giving us a shoddy blown up sculpt. They are giving us the nicest, cleanest version of it possible. Something we really haven't had yet. No complaints here.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah, maybe not blown up in the sense like Gentle Giant's Jumbo things, but yeah. The give away are those 5 frown lines near the brow as well as the cheeks and chin.

Looks like they took their 12" 2-up prototype base and upscaled it, then made refinements. Those lines before were much more subtle, here, it looks like they're carved into the portrait.

Here's the OG I think all heads from 2009 to Ultimate to QS are based off of.

And if the head is new, the sculpt to the jacket and legs are definitely reused (folds on the jacket, bullet hole placement on collar, chest and arms, folds in the crotch, folds on the right leg).

snoop101
Yeah you're right about the lack of accessories with most of their 1/4 figures so far Difabio, here's hoping NECA proves us wrong though.

Johnny Utah
I would get a new HT T2 T-800. Just saying.

In this case, of course it's all reuse. It's NECA.

sallah
01-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Ooohh- Would be neat if that upper chest panel was removable for a switch out damaged piece!

Probably won't be. But it would be a neat way to get a little more damage to match a damaged head sculpt if one is included.

Sallah

Johnny Utah
01-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Yeah, maybe not blown up in the sense like Gentle Giant's Jumbo things, but yeah. The give away are those 5 frown lines near the brow as well as the cheeks and chin.

Looks like they took their 12" 2-up prototype base and upscaled it, then made refinements. Those lines before were much more subtle, here, it looks like they're carved into the portrait.

Here's the OG I think all heads from 2009 to Ultimate to QS are based off of.

And if the head is new, the sculpt to the jacket and legs are definitely reused (folds on the jacket, bullet hole placement on collar, chest and arms, folds in the crotch, folds on the right leg).

That was the best Toyfair ever. I was only expecting one Arnie and they made loads.

sallah
01-24-2017, 12:57 PM

Exactly! That is what I was meaning. :) Thanks for that metaphor as it puts it much clearer what I was trying to clarify. :)

Sallah

sallah
01-24-2017, 12:58 PM
That was the best Toyfair ever. I was only expecting one Arnie and they made loads.

Indeed. What an awesome reveal.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Ooohh- Would be neat if that upper chest panel was removable for a switch out damaged piece!

I've thought about this too. I don't know why they haven't incorporated this idea into the 7" version. It'd be so simple ala the Ultimate T-1000 cop version. That was my biggest gripe with the Ultimate T2 Arnold, along with the pastel skin colors, rubbery weapons and excessive reuse, there was nothing that made it Ultimate. A swappable arm and chest like what you're describing though? Would have been perfect.

Not going to happen with this QS though because the ab crunch would make it impossible. I'm actually surprised they didn't use a rubber/vinyl overlay for the shirt like they did with Keaton Batman, Reeve Superman and Ledger Joker. I love how that articulation is impemented and hidden.

a-dev
01-24-2017, 01:11 PM
Not going to happen with this QS though because the ab crunch would make it impossible. I'm actually surprised they didn't use a rubber/vinyl overlay for the shirt like they did with Keaton Batman, Reeve Superman and Ledger Joker. I love how that articulation is impemented and hidden.

Does the fact that his T-shirt is tucked into his pants have anything to do with that? Kyle Reese has what your referring to but his shirt is loose, outside the pants.

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Nah, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Superman has it and his shirt or whatever is tucked in.

MaulFan
01-24-2017, 01:24 PM
So far this is a let down, an accessory mismatch and clean figure. It was ok in the Ultimate line because they're trying to get you to buy multiple figures to mix pieces, but a one time 1/4 scale, make it a set true to some scene of the movie. If what we see is all we get, this will probably flop and ruin chances for another thinking there's no market interest when in reality the interest is there but for accurate figures.

Davea1982
01-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Personally I'm keen for a 1/4 Terminator regardless of accessories especially a neca sculpt... I just hope they use the flesh tone plastic the same as they did on there 1/4 Dutch. 👌

sallah
01-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Personally I'm keen for a 1/4 Terminator regardless of accessories especially a neca sculpt... I just hope they use the flesh tone plastic the same as they did on there 1/4 Dutch. ��

Yeah I would be fine with flesh plastic on ghe 1/4 scale... But I hope they stick to painted skin on the 7" so they all still match.

Sallah

a-dev
01-24-2017, 01:40 PM
Nah, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Superman has it and his shirt or whatever is tucked in

Ah. Well, at least the joint doesn't look bad

So far this is a let down, an accessory mismatch and clean figure. It was ok in the Ultimate line because they're trying to get you to buy multiple figures to mix pieces, but a one time 1/4 scale, make it a set true to some scene of the movie. If what we see is all we get, this will probably flop and ruin chances for another thinking there's no market interest when in reality the interest is there but for accurate figures.

Unless the sunglasses aren't removeable and there's no alternate head it otherwise looks good for Cyberdyne, no?

someone's twitter question:

@NECA_TOYS some folks online trying to claim this is the same sculpt as 7" just enlarged. I think they are crazy. Randy?

answer:

maybe not crazy, but many think that they know it all & are not even being close to correct

OOOooohhh!!

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 01:44 PM

answer:

OOOooohhh!!

That's not a denial . . . :lol

a-dev
01-24-2017, 01:47 PM
That's not a denial . . . :lol

:lol

sallah
01-24-2017, 01:47 PM

answer:

OOOooohhh!!

That was my question. :) And I wasn't meaning anyone here in the crazy crowd... I think this back and forth has been civilized and insightful. Its the obnoxious guys in the facebook groups I was referring to.

But there we go... There may be more to this sculpt than we think.

Sallah

a-dev
01-24-2017, 01:51 PM
That was my question. :) And I wasn't meaning anyone here in the crazy crowd... I think this back and forth has been civilized and insightful. Its the obnoxious guys in the facebook groups I was referring to.

But there we go... There may be more to this sculpt than we think.

Sallah

No offence taken. I thought you were also called Sallah on twitter for some reason.

As for his answer, I read it that yes it is the same sculpt but we may be wrong about the processes and reasoning behind things, I dunno.

sallah
01-24-2017, 01:54 PM
No offence take. I thought you were also called Sallah on twitter for some reason.

As for his answer, I read it that yes it is the same sculpt but we may be wrong about the processes and reasoning behind things, I dunno.

I have like 6 different twitters attached to different blogs/ pages :)

Yeah I can't tell for sure by his answer... They "not close to correct" is the part that has me wondering if there is more to it.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 01:57 PM

I would have preferred a semi-Battle Damaged T-800 as well so I could display a quarter scale "scanning for T-1000" Arnold, but like A-dev said, this is the second best thing.

Not even going to use the shotgun or sunglasses, assuming it comes with them. Also, look on the bright side, you just know they're going to do a second QS Battle (Damaged version) regardless of sales. That thigh cut is a dead give away. All they have to do is make a semi-damaged headsculpt, a new torso and a damaged knee with a change of deco and viola, there is the Damaged Terminator. We saw a glimpse of it last year on their twitter banner, so it's definitely a thing. It's just like the smiling Penguin we saw at Toy Fair. We didn't get it right away even though it was made first, but sure enough we got it with the mayor version of Penguin. I'm sure This will be the same way.

It'll also make for an interest dichotomy.

12" sunglasses black shirt Pescadero
12" Final Battle full damage

18" Cyberdyne grey shirt gloves clean
18" Steel Mill semi damaged

I always wanted those last two in 12" form from NECA, so to get the latter in a larger format is fine by me.

EDIT:

Hell, I might use the sunglasses and a shot gun if they include it since I'll no doubt get multiples. I just remembered I have the 1/4 scale plasma rifle from the QS Endo NECA did years ago. You know what I'm thinking.

Johnny Utah
01-24-2017, 01:59 PM

I think you're full of **** Knox.

But yeah Randy can't take any criticism at all. He'll block any naysayers.

It's the same sculpt.

Davea1982
01-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Don't suppose anyone with a Twitter account can tweet and ask if they plan to use flesh coloured plastic can they?

sallah
01-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Don't suppose anyone with a Twitter account can tweet and ask if they plan to use flesh coloured plastic can they?

I just did for ya. :) I will keep you posted if he replies.

Sallah

sallah
01-24-2017, 02:33 PM

He replied-

"Painted"

So it looks like all Terminator stuff will match.

Sallah

Caped Baldy
01-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Trying to find that image of the battle damaged head they teased last year on their twitter banner. I think it was for toy fair or comic con. Anyone remember that?

Pretty sure it was for the 1/4 Arnie. Maybe it will have an alternate head?

jye4ever
01-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Can you ask Randy to send me a new 1/4 Alien and IM.

Davea1982
01-24-2017, 02:37 PM
I just did for ya. :) I will keep you posted if he replies.

Sallah
Thank you bro 👌

Davea1982
01-24-2017, 02:37 PM
He replied-

"Painted"

So it looks like all Terminator stuff will match.

Sallah
Ah well will still look awesome. Thanks again man 👌

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 02:38 PM
I hope they don't use the injected flesh plastic. I don't know why you guys like that, it makes the heads look cheaper and they skimp out on paint apps and details on the face.

It worked great for Gollum, but let's be honest, the technique was used for the Dutch and Rocky figures because their bodies needed to be flesh colored and that was the only cost effective way to get the skin of the head to match the arms and body.

A figure like a fully clothed Terminator doesn't need it. Period. The paint applications for the Ultimate Tech Noir and Police Shoot are superior to Dutch, John Matrix, etc. especially the eyes and lips. Injection flesh on a 1:4 figure? That would look awful.

sallah
01-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Injection flesh on a 1:4 figure? That would look awful.

Didn't they already do 1/4 injection flesh on Dutch? I don't remember thinking he looked bad...

But I agree that the painted looks better, and I like having it all match.

Either way it is a moot point. Randy just confirmed it will be painted. :)

Sallah

sallah
01-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Trying to find that image of the battle damaged head they teased last year on their twitter banner. I think it was for toy fair or comic con. Anyone remember that?

Pretty sure it was for the 1/4 Arnie. Maybe it will have an alternate head?

DiFabio has to have it. He keeps everything. :)

Sallah

jye4ever
01-24-2017, 02:54 PM
DiFabio's collection room

a-dev
01-24-2017, 02:54 PM
I hope they don't use the injected flesh plastic. I don't know why you guys like that, it makes the heads look cheaper and they skimp out on paint apps and details on the face.

It worked great for Gollum, but let's be honest, the technique was used for the Dutch and Rocky figures because their bodies needed to be flesh colored and that was the only cost effective way to get the skin of the head to match the arms and body.

A figure like a fully clothed Terminator doesn't need it. Period. The paint applications for the Ultimate Tech Noir and Police Shoot are superior to Dutch, John Matrix, etc. especially the eyes and lips. Injection flesh on a 1:4 figure? That would look awful.

I could have sworn you were making the opposite argument when you were posting pics of the Evil Dead Ash figures...they are injected flesh tone if I recall. Guess you were just talking about the sculpts?

But anyway I've been looking for injected flesh tone based on the Aliens Marines - Hicks, Hudson, Frost all have various ugly paint issues - flaking, scratches and general messiness. Vasquez with her injected flesh tone came out just about perfectly on the other hand.

Psycho
01-24-2017, 03:33 PM
I just can't see that happening. They never load their 1:4 scale figures with heavy duty weapons or accessories like that. They didn't give Batman his steel gauntlet (instead they included a cheap three pronged grapple hook nobody uses), both Penguins never got an umbrella, etc. etc.

To date I believe their Deadpool has the most weapons and accessories. You also have to take into account the minigun fitting in their uniformed box format. It'd be almost half the size of the figure. I'd don't think it would even fit on the side disassembled.

Have you seen their Deadpool he comes with a crap load of stuff.

jye4ever
01-24-2017, 03:36 PM
He mentioned DP in his analysis.

It could be that NECA has turned the corner, we'll know soon enough come Feb.

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 03:51 PM
I could have sworn you were making the opposite argument when you were posting pics of the Evil Dead Ash figures...they are injected flesh tone if I recall. Guess you were just talking about the sculpts?

You'll have to look back at what I said. I don't remember praising the injected plastic tone method for Ash as much as I was the sculpt work and paint applications (I'm pretty sure they painted some flesh tones and wash over the plastic instead of leaving them unpainted like they usually do, but I could be wrong).

I just don't like it on most of their figures. Works on Vasquez, but that's because they actually put some effort into her eyes, mouth, etc. Something like Dutch, Rocky or even the upcoming Hicks and Hudson doesn't look right to me. They always have poorly painted dot eyes, minimal paint and purplish lips like they're frozen or edible treats or something.

DiFabio has to have it. He keeps everything. :)

Sallah

I wish. I actually went back and looked to see it again and I can't find it. I thought maybe it was on my old phone, but nope, got nothing. I use up a lot of space on my PC/Mac/phone and clear everything once in a while. That was from like February of last year so it's long gone.

We all remember it. He was to the far left of the banner I think. Randy even confirmed it was 1/4 to me awhile back. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll see it pop up eventually. It was planned for 2016 then something happened.

sallah
01-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Crappy quality but found it-

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/sallah4life/2563E010-2089-4F7F-A094-D7E0EC0A7BAA_zpstidqqtmv.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/sallah4life/media/2563E010-2089-4F7F-A094-D7E0EC0A7BAA_zpstidqqtmv.jpg.html)

And I think the thing that happened that pushed the 1/4 scale (and the 7" Galleria T-800) back was the delay in the release of T2 in 3D. It was supposed to be out in 2016 for the 25th, but is arriving this year instead.

Sallah

Psycho
01-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Found it...

sallah
01-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Beat ya by a smidge. ;)

Sallah

jye4ever
01-24-2017, 04:30 PM
I don't like the semi damaged head in toy format, looks like he has a nasty skin disease.

NECA wishes their BvS head looked like that.

Psycho
01-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Theres your answer regarding mini gun and bag...

NECA
Verified account
‏@NECA_TOYS
Following

More
NECA Retweeted Daniel Williams
But of course
NECA added,

Daniel Williams @Psycho_50501
@NECA_TOYS Will the T2 1/4 have the Mini gun and bag?

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Another possibility is this.

They include the semi-damaged head as an extra portrait alongside the clean regular head with removable sunglasses. Looking at their recent 1/4 figures, that does seem to be the trend.

Theres your answer regarding mini gun and bag...

I'm skeptical how they're actually going to achieve that. They couldn't even accomplish Penguin's umbrella, how are they going to do a huge gun with those straps of ammo and a bag in this format?

jye4ever
01-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Mini Gun will be a miracle :lol

I just don't see it either.

Psycho
01-24-2017, 04:58 PM

The box may be different. if I recall right Freddy's box was different than other 1/4 boxes.

sallah
01-24-2017, 05:53 PM
I can't remember... Was Penguin originally going to include the umbrella and then it got booted due to cost? I guess it is possible that could happen again here... But right now it looks like he will have it.

Sallah

DiFabio
01-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Was Penguin originally going to include theumbrella and then it got booted due to cost? I guess it is possible that could happen again here... But right now it looks like he will have it.

Sallah

Yup, he was solicited with it and when preorders went up it was included.

Then last minute, about a month before it shipped, they edited their page and took the umbrella off the accessories/weapons list. I remember seeing my BBTS order change to reflect the new update. The damage control was the lame cut out Oswald for Mayor cardboard poster and/or download they offered to distract people.

sallah
01-24-2017, 06:19 PM
That is what I thought...

So we might see the same happen here. Who knows. But for now, he is slated to have it so I am going to keep my fingers crossed. :)

Sallah

a-dev
01-25-2017, 12:01 AM
I would have preferred a semi-Battle Damaged T-800 as well so I could display a quarter scale "scanning for T-1000" Arnold, but like A-dev said, this is the second best thing.

Not even going to use the shotgun or sunglasses, assuming it comes with them. Also, look on the bright side, you just know they're going to do a second QS Battle (Damaged version) regardless of sales. That thigh cut is a dead give away. All they have to do is make a semi-damaged headsculpt, a new torso and a damaged knee with a change of deco and viola, there is the Damaged Terminator. We saw a glimpse of it last year on their twitter banner, so it's definitely a thing. It's just like the smiling Penguin we saw at Toy Fair. We didn't get it right away even though it was made first, but sure enough we got it with the mayor version of Penguin. I'm sure This will be the same way

Funny, I never thought of that thigh cut joint in this way. It always seemed weird to me that they had both it and another cut joint on the same leg down at the calve and yet nothing on the other leg except for very minimal movement of the foot. But you're absolutely right as to the reason it's there.

I don't think it should be taken as a clue that the 1:4 scale Steel Mill figure is definitely coming though, not if they're simply using larger scale copies of the parts they used on the 1:10 Ultimate figure. It would however enable them to make the same cost-saving if they do make the Steel Mill figure.

EDIT:

Hell, I might use the sunglasses and a shot gun if they include it since I'll no doubt get multiples. I just remembered I have the 1/4 scale plasma rifle from the QS Endo NECA did years ago. You know what I'm thinking.

Multiples eh? I myself have been thinking at least 2.

Another possibility is this.

They include the semi-damaged head as an extra portrait alongside the clean regular head with removable sunglasses. Looking at their recent 1/4 figures, that does seem to be the trend.

I'm skeptical how they're actually going to achieve that. They couldn't even accomplish Penguin's umbrella, how are they going to do a huge gun with those straps of ammo and a bag in this format?

The minigun and bag might replace a second headsculpt in the set. If they released a second figure I'd be cool with that. A 1:4 scale Steel Mill figure would then be free to have 2 heads and an interchangeable arm since it would otherwise be very very light on accessories compared to this Cyberdyne one.

snoop101
01-25-2017, 08:45 AM
So NECA has said that this will have the mini gun? Interesting. I hope so. Having a 1/4 cyberdyne Arnold would look incredible. I might buy an extra to make the T2 3D look.

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
a-dev I need your pose assessment. :lol

https://youtu.be/OgKbGsFOzJ0

a-dev
01-25-2017, 09:23 AM
I believe he actually holds it higher in the movie but considering the limited range the NECA arms have you'd never completely nail it without permanent modifications. That being said I think you did an excellent job there.

edit - I just noticed you switch to him using the grenade launcher later in the vid - very nice.

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Thank you, I even had the scenes playing while I made that and I still got it too low. :gah:

The arms actually can raise it above his waist placing the gun front of his abs, it's me that screwed up. :lol

Damn it I can't unsee that white piece of lint on the turn table from Hulk's shirt. :gah:

a-dev
01-25-2017, 09:32 AM
Thank you, I even had the scenes playing while I made that and I still got it too low. :gah:

The arms actually can raise it above his waist placing the gun front of his abs, it's me that screwed up. :lol

Damn I can't unsee that white piece of lint on the turn table from Hulk's shirt. :gah:

For so long I was doing what everyone else was doing and having him hold it down at his waist. I think it was P. that made me study the scene and realise he's actually holding it at chest level. Some of the camera angles are deceiving.

What I find annoying on the Hot Toys DX10 is that the left hand seems to be sculpted with the assumption that he holds the minigun at waist level as per the mistaken idea we all had. If you make the figure hold the gun up high you can barely get the hand to grip the handle, it barely holds on.

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 09:55 AM
I have this thing with action figures, regardless of company, that it takes me months to learn all of its capabilities.

I can be stuck on a look I want to achieve thinking its impossible only to be able to pull it off down the road.

I do wish that NECA had given another more open hand like HT did for Commando so that he could hold the correct part of the gun handle.

My son asked what heaven was, I told him it has all the Predator movie characters, including the spanish girl, in 1/4 scale by Enterbay. :lol

DiFabio
01-25-2017, 10:13 AM
I have this thing with action figures, regardless of company, that it takes me months to learn all of its capabilities.

I can be stuck on a look I want to achieve thinking its impossible only to be able to pull it off down the road.

Ain't this the truth.

I owned the 1/4 NECA 1989 Batman for three years until figuring out you could fix the crooked torso and "unlock" the articulation in the waist and ab crunch by simply unscrewing the 4 screws in the figure's back. Once you do that, you can actually take the torso apart (naturally without cracking open anything) and you'll find the reason it was crooked and why the movement was stiff, NECA placed two rubber stoppers on each ball joint to provide friction. The reason some people got crooked torsos was because the stopper (a half globe sphere that fits over the ball joint) was applied off center, causing the crooked angle.

If you slip off the rubber caps or simply leave them off the ball joints, you get a straight torso when you put it back together AND you get two points of articulation that move freely like it was originally intended.

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 10:16 AM
DiFabio why you do dis to me (spoken in old italian lady voice).

*runs to dismantle his Batman.

DiFabio
01-25-2017, 11:50 AM
If you're serious, PM and before you do anything. Two screws are easy to get access to (gently pull the belt down), the other two at the top however are hidden by the upper body and might require instructions from me. You basically heat the upper chest and back so it's not rigid then turn the upper body 180 degrees (so that the armor chest abs plate is reversed onto the back, so you can lift up the armor chest flap overlay to see the top two screws that were hidden by he plastic).

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 12:24 PM
I'll definately be messing with him later on today, he can't get any worse than how he is now looking all wonky.

I just want to straighten him out.

Appreciate the instructions.

I'm never afraid to mess with the NECA and ML figures, that's what Loctite is for.

DiFabio
01-25-2017, 12:46 PM
No problem.

If you only care about him looking good and not how he feels, you could do what I did and just unscrew it, take off the rubber stopper covers on the waist ball joint and ab ball joint, then snap the torso together and maybe only put back one or two screws instead of all 4 (another problem with the assembly is that they screwed all 4 in so tightly that there wasn't any give between the torso holes and the balljoints). Combined with the rubber caps, it causes way too much friction which is why people were snapping their bodies.

The only downside is that you'll have a super loose waist BUT you gain two great ball jointed articulation points out of it and a straight looking/non wonky torso. So it's loose (not in the broken sense) but it's free to move around and pose. You can get him looking tall and straight, get him crouched nicely in a punching or cape flight pose or have him do turns.

You'll see when you do it.

Another thing that kinda pisses me off is that those new 2016 batches are different from the ones you and I bought in 2013. The capes on those are longer and the proper length, the rubber caps aren't utilized and they changed the foot/boot design so that instead of having just that swivel articulation at the shoe cut, you can actually get rotation, rocker and ankle pivot. His center of gravity is much better and he doesn't take any spills. Makes me wonder if the Aliens Queen rerelease and ED-209 rerelease will be changed in production for the better.

Hopefully everything is worked out with this Arnold and he's not too rigid or difficult to make look good on display. I would have loved double jointedelbows and knees (especially for holding the minigun), but it is what it is. They have been imroving with every 1/4 figure they do, so I expect good things from this QS T-800. Sure is a far cry from this,

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah I care more about final look than feel so we're on the same page there.

I wasn't aware that the new 89 was altered.

I had back luck with mine, can't stand, crooked and wonky eyes.

DiFabio
01-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah, they changed the paint applications on the head too. Straight light blue/grey eyes, no pink lips and a matte finish on the cowl.

The batch # on the rerelease is 966N071916 (above the UPC) if you're ever interested in picking it up.

jye4ever
01-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah I might have to. 2nd time is the charm.

Bastards. :lol

I'm going to sell him and just get the latest version.

Psycho
01-25-2017, 01:46 PM
No problem.

If you only care about him looking good and not how he feels, you could do what I did and just unscrew it, take off the rubber stopper covers on the waist ball joint and ab ball joint, then snap the torso together and maybe only put back one or two screws instead of all 4 (another problem with the assembly is that they screwed all 4 in so tightly that there wasn't any give between the torso holes and the balljoints). Combined with the rubber caps, it causes way too much friction which is why people were snapping their bodies.

The only downside is that you'll have a super loose waist BUT you gain two great ball jointed articulation points out of it and a straight looking/non wonky torso. So it's loose (not in the broken sense) but it's free to move around and pose. You can get him looking tall and straight, get him crouched nicely in a punching or cape flight pose or have him do turns.

You'll see when you do it.

Another thing that kinda pisses me off is that those new 2016 batches are different from the ones you and I bought in 2013. The capes on those are longer and the proper length, the rubber caps aren't utilized and they changed the foot/boot design so that instead of having just that swivel articulation at the shoe cut, you can actually get rotation, rocker and ankle pivot. His center of gravity is much better and he doesn't take any spills. Makes me wonder if the Aliens Queen rerelease and ED-209 rerelease will be changed in production for the better.

Hopefully everything is worked out with this Arnold and he's not too rigid or difficult to make look good on display. I would have loved double jointedelbows and knees (especially for holding the minigun), but it is what it is. They have been imroving with every 1/4 figure they do, so I expect good things from this QS T-800. Sure is a far cry from this,

So the new 2016 re-release have no wacko torso joint and is much better?

Vector
01-26-2017, 08:48 AM
The 1/4 scale T-800 is up for PO on BBTS for $105.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12940&mode=retail

Vector
01-26-2017, 08:51 AM

Vector
01-26-2017, 08:53 AM
More pics are up on Toyark:

http://news.toyark.com/2017/01/26/terminator-2-14-scale-t-800-figure-neca-237566

MaulFan
01-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Ordered, not sure if I'll be able to get the Enterbay 1:4 scale, this will be a nice companion or consolation either way.

snoop101
01-26-2017, 09:11 AM
It looks pretty cool. For $100 you can't go wrong. Mini gun looks pretty good too.

Caped Baldy
01-26-2017, 09:12 AM
Wowza. Can't wait to see the packaging on this thing considering how creative they have been on a few recent quarter scales.

snoop101
01-26-2017, 09:30 AM
No lever action shotty?

Johnny Utah
01-26-2017, 09:35 AM
A-Dev. Tell him why.

MaulFan
01-26-2017, 09:46 AM
No lever action shotty?

For some reason, they're throwing in sun glasses even though every other accessory is 100% specific to the early Cyberdyne assault.

Davea1982
01-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Can't wait to get this. Can anyone suggest a decent UK stockist I can pre order this from? BBTS is dear for shipping.

Psycho
01-26-2017, 09:58 AM
No lever action shotty?

I'm betting they'll atleast have two more 1/4 T2 T-800 releases planned.... Mall clean look.... and Steel Mill with 2 heads and swapout arm.

a-dev
01-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Selektiv would be pleased. Anyone remember him? He wanted this years ago and trolled the entire forum about it. Gave us all a very bad name for a while.

Anyway, it looks...fine. It's a big version of their Cyberdyne figure, nothing more, nothing less. I'll buy it. I'm not expecting great things from the paint. It'll be cleaner than the small scale but it won't have a great deal more subtlety - the eyes will still look cartoony and it won't look high-end.

I do wish they'd made some refinement to the mouth area because from some angles and certain lights it can look exaggerated like in this one

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/Quarter-Scale-T2-Terminator-NECA-006_zpspdwktbne.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/Quarter-Scale-T2-Terminator-NECA-006_zpspdwktbne.jpg.html)

It looks like he's thrusting his jaw forward and pouting with that bottom lip. And I also have some doubt about his eyes and brow. Frontally these things seem to just miss the mark. Whether that's the sculpt or the paint, I don't know.
And yet, as with the smaller versions, from the sideview I wouldn't know who else to call it but Arnie. It's bizarre, the sideview of this sculpt couldn't really be better in my opinion.

Here's something I like with the front view:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/T800NECA5_zpsizaytzsu.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/T800NECA5_zpsizaytzsu.jpg.html)

He's got that slight sneer that Arnie can look like he has. So if they could have made the chin and lips adjustment while maintaining this it might have been ideal for the lower part of his face at least.

A final misgiving - those legs.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/Quarter-Scale-T2-Terminator-NECA-002_zpslqcpglke.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/Quarter-Scale-T2-Terminator-NECA-002_zpslqcpglke.jpg.html)

They look like he's permanently sculpted into a semi-crouch. I dunno, maybe it's just me ('It usually is' says 90% of people reading this) :lol

VHK82
01-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Looks decent with glasses, without them not so much

Psycho
01-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Well Randy just said BD is possible depending on Sales for this 1/4.

DiFabio
01-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Honestly, it should have double jointed elbows and knees. It really is just a blown up version of the 7" guys, from sculpt to proportions to bad posture. Would it kill them to do something new that isn't something from 2009? It took 6 years to get hips, knees and ankles (poorly done btw since they reused the pose and sculpture from '09) and 8 years for an ab crunch? I dunno.

It's baby steps at this point.

We all technically have this already. I'd be a little more forgiving and less turned off if he didn't look so awkwardly posed and they sculpted new glove fisted hands, putting a little work into making their Terminators like their modern figures (you know instead of reusing things from almost a decade ago). They've made so many advancements since then and it's just like they're stuck on just this sculpt for their T2 Arnold. He still has the rotated biceps to hold the shot gun from the galleria scene!

There was talk of a NECA QS Police Shootout T-800, well, by the looks of it we already know what it would be.

DiFabio
01-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Then again, this was probably planned and developed years ago around the time of the Ultimates. Can't really blame them for no advancements if this was just put on the back burner since 2014/2015.

a-dev
01-26-2017, 11:11 AM
There was talk of a NECA QS Police Shootout T-800, well, by the looks of it we already know what it would be.

Their Police Shootout figure is probably the least impressive Arnie they've done IMO. Poor choice, I'm not sure I'd buy that. We know they'd just use the same sculpt again and it's not a very good one, the hair is wrong. His lower section looks too small for his body and the short jacket cannot hide the diaper pants. It'd also of course re-use the single jointed elbows of the small figure when it could really do with double-jointed elbows for the way he holds those guns in the Police Shootout scene.

The Tech Noir version I would certainly buy. That longer jacket at least hides the diaper and he doesn't look awkward wielding the smaller guns, double-jointed elbows wouldn't be strictly necessary there. And quite simply the punk look would be more distinct from the T2 figure.

Davea1982
01-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Their Police Shootout figure is probably the least impressive Arnie they've done IMO. Poor choice, I'm not sure I'd buy that. We know they'd just use the same sculpt again and it's not a very good one, the hair is wrong. His lower section looks too small for his body and the short jacket cannot hide the diaper pants. It'd also of course re-use the single jointed elbows of the small figure when it could really do with double-jointed elbows for the way he holds those guns in the Police Shootout scene.

The Tech Noir version I would certainly buy. That longer jacket at least hides the diaper and he doesn't look awkward wielding the smaller guns, double-jointed elbows wouldn't be strictly necessary there. And quite simply the punk look would be more distinct from the T2 figure.
Adev do you know of any good UK stockists to pre order from please bro?

a-dev
01-26-2017, 11:29 AM
The only shops in the UK I've used are Forbidden Planet and staractionfigures. With exchange rates I'm usually better off ordering from the US or Hong Kong (for Hot Toys) so I just go with BBTS on NECA products.

Psycho
01-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Took this shot last night not bad but man do I wish they would give us straight legs double knees and elbows... Just makes no sense to me why some figures gets double elbows and some don't where T-800 really needs double elbows to achieve the shotgun over the shoulder look and the police shoot out guns pose.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/16299619_10154950819034346_4863052181154796685_o.j pg?oh=4b17b26f0439996a3bc5149efc12b2db&oe=59000F2A

Davea1982
01-26-2017, 11:53 AM
The only shops in the UK I've used are Forbidden Planet and staractionfigures. With exchange rates I'm usually better off ordering from the US or Hong Kong (for Hot Toys) so I just go with BBTS on NECA products.
Thanks bro 👌

DiFabio
01-26-2017, 12:02 PM

Agreed. My favorites are the Tech Noir (all those heads), Pescadero, and Steel Mill/Final Battle. Police Shootout doesn't do much for me. He REALLY needs those double joints in atleast the arms.

man do I wish they would give us straight legs double knees and elbows... Just makes no sense to me why some figures gets double elbows and some don't where T-800 really needs double elbows to achieve the shotgun over the shoulder look and the police shoot out guns pose.

I saw Randy's response on twitter to your suggestion/question. :lol

Problem with that is, they are following a cookie cutter approach to the T-800. Every T2 Arnold has had the same base body for years. They haven't pursued any other approach that doesn't consist of a reused sculpt for the character.

It's not like they couldn't hide the double joints well either. They've proven time and time again that they can cleverly hide articulation joints within the sculpt. With Terminator, it's just lazy and penny pinching. You can tell they think that original sculpt is the bees knees and have no intention of moving forward. Probably have some weird reasoning like he should have limited movement because he's a robot. They need to retire this sculpt soon because frankly, it's getting old. They've milked it for as long as they can I think. The more you Frankenstein it, the worse it's going to look because the base was ALWAYS intended to be a sculpturesque figureine.

We know what happens with a copy of a copy of a copy over time.

I can only imagine what an all new T2 Arnold would look like from them with the modern techniques they utilize. His posture would be straighter, he could hold his weapons in different positions, etc. etc.

Not this thing that only looks semi-natural posed one way.

jye4ever
01-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Why upgrade when your antique formula continues to sell out.

DiFabio
01-26-2017, 12:34 PM
There's the rod A-dev has been wanting for years!

MaulFan
01-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Let's be realistic, this, and all Terminator releases outside of Genisys and Sarah Connor, for the past 5 years or so have been nothing but easy money making uses of existing work, and my guess is, whatever work they did to enhance the T2 sculpt for the Ultimate, they're able to roll that over to a 1/4 scale figure and have decided, why put more work into this when we can just sell it as is.

They're cashing in on the 3D release, and their 1/4 line is doing well so they just figured, why not Terminator also.

jye4ever
01-26-2017, 01:00 PM
There's the rod A-dev has been wanting for years!

a-dev:

Psycho
01-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Agreed. My favorites are the Tech Noir (all those heads), Pescadero, and Steel Mill/Final Battle. Police Shootout doesn't do much for me. He REALLY needs those double joints in atleast the arms.

I saw Randy's response on twitter to your suggestion/question. :lol

Problem with that is, they are following a cookie cutter approach to the T-800. Every T2 Arnold has had the same base body for years. They haven't pursued any other approach that doesn't consist of a reused sculpt for the character.

It's not like they couldn't hide the double joints well either. They've proven time and time again that they can cleverly hide articulation joints within the sculpt. With Terminator, it's just lazy and penny pinching. You can tell they think that original sculpt is the bees knees and have no intention of moving forward. Probably have some weird reasoning like he should have limited movement because he's a robot. They need to retire this sculpt soon because frankly, it's getting old. They've milked it for as long as they can I think. The more you Frankenstein it, the worse it's going to look because the base was ALWAYS intended to be a sculpturesque figureine.

We know what happens with a copy of a copy of a copy over time.

I can only imagine what an all new T2 Arnold would look like from them with the modern techniques they utilize. His posture would be straighter, he could hold his weapons in different positions, etc. etc.

Not this thing that only looks semi-natural posed one way.

Agreed but I bet you that they will make an whole new sculpt when the time comes to remake Wolf Predator and PredAlien...... As much as I love Predator I don't get why they can't give use double jointed Terminator figures and straight legs for All three T-800's.... But yet with Alien or Predator it's an no brainer to upgrade the figures.

snoop101
01-26-2017, 01:32 PM
I'd prefer the statue-like legs with no articulation than these. Not executed very well, which is a shame.

DiFabio
01-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Agreed but I bet you that they will make an whole new sculpt when the time comes to remake Wolf Predator and PredAlien...... As much as I love Predator I don't get why they can't give use double jointed Terminator figures and straight legs for All three T-800's.... But yet with Alien or Predator it's an no brainer to upgrade the figures.

Because for some weird reason people can't get enough of the Alien and Predator creatures. It's like Hot Toys Iron Man and Stormtroopers I guess. I mean I know why colorful armored characters and creatures are popular, it's like candy, but I don't get why people want all the weird ones that are clogging up the stores. When I was younger, I did the same with the Star Wars clone troopers and regretted it. I wonder how long before these Iron Man, Alien, and Predator guys feel the same way. This Kenner thing is, well, interesting to say the least. When I was a kid, those dinky Alien and Predator lines did not seem very popular. I remember them peg warming at KB toys and Ames. They were NOT as popular as say Kenner Star Wars or Batman or Jurassic Park. I think the fact that they've done all these Aliens but not a proper Dark Knight Collection Kenner Batman homage or Power Arm Terminator shows where the brand loyalty lies despite the mentioned Kenner lines being waaaay more popular. Why they're being treated with such importance is strange. It's cynical, but I don't think this Kenner homage thing is really a homage to a great toy line as much as it is a reason to do a dozen alien and predators.

As a kid, there was only one good Alien and Predator figure and it was this one,

In addition to getting a focused line with superior articulation and advancements in toy developments, I also hate how they frown upon making things from bad movies like T3 or Batman Forever but they'll jump on some lame ass AvP and Ressurecrion crap. There's something inherently sleazy and skimpy about the business decisions they make.

It's amazing. In the 90s and 2000s people complained, mocked and joked about the colorful Batman, Spider-Man and Wolverine variations. They demanded film accurate looks. Now, with plenty of Big Chap, Xenomorph Warrior and Jungle Hunter to choose from, collectors are regressing to "Albino Concept Alien", and "glow in the dark Alien" and "blue beetleborg spitter alien" and Dark horse comic Predator! Very weird.

I'd have no problem with all those if they were atleast using some of that $$$ for legitimately new Terminator stuff. But they're not. I think it's a damn shame that they'll make all new versions of Aliens and Predators but the classic Endoskeleton (which I think is scarier and more iconic of the three) still gets a crappy, warped, brittle figure that they've been reusing since the mid-2000s back when it was Cult Classics. A line that NECA would never do today and claim was "too niche" (even though niche was their thing).

But hey, atleast we're going to get more figures from that Robocop vs. Terminator game! Repainted 2000s Robocop and Pescadero T-800 with an all new, newly tooled . . . robot dog! I bet they even make the huge Endoskeleton head boss!

And if/when this doesn't sell (I don't see the motorcycle cop or this 1/4 Arnold or Robocop v Terminator doing gangbusters the stores around here aren't moving any of them), one day we'll see "the Terminator license just isn't popular enough". Well yeah, how many times can you reuse the same base figure and heads and still expect people to be hyped for it? For years people have been asking for 7" smaller versions of the big 18" ones. Goes back to the Robocop, Beetlejuice, Endoskeleton and Patrick Bateman days. But to start with a 7" figure and blow it up to 18" and the only new thing is an ab crunch? That seems backwards.

Hopefully I eat crow with a John Connor or a new Endo or Kyle Reese at Toy Fair, but I doubt it.

snoop101
01-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Pretty much agree with everything you said Difabio. It's a shame NECA doesn't give Terminator the same quality/care that goes into their other licenses. I'm still grateful that we are getting this, but as you stated, how many times are we going to see the same figure recycled over and over again? It's ridiculous really. I do think we're in store for a few surprises though. The endo arm they teased a while back has got to be for John Connor.

I was just thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it's going to be to get this guy to stand up. Especially with the weird legs and the weight of the mini gun. They need to start including some sort of stand with these larger figures.

jye4ever
01-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Can't wait for the crooked mini guns. :lol

a-dev
01-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Swear to ***k if this has the same damn warped weapons and lopsided legs issue as the smaller figures.....

GasparZizou
01-26-2017, 03:55 PM
I still have that AvP Kenner 2pack, both MIB and loose, I still love it.

I wouldn't buy any of the NECA Homages though, only the blue Alien because that one look gnarly and I intend to put him in a levitating meditation pose :lol

ApeManRyan
01-26-2017, 06:32 PM
1:4 up for order on BBTS.

snoop101
01-26-2017, 06:54 PM
I would never order anything from Bbts again. Their customer service is a joke.

ApeManRyan
01-26-2017, 08:12 PM
I've never had a problem with BBTS. Shipping is really slow though I will admit. Never had to deal with customer service though so not sure.

GasparZizou
01-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Huh? They've sent me broken figure replacements a couple times without asking twice and I'm not in the US, and both times they let me keep the broken figure, they've even let me PO stuff one time I didn't have a debit card.

I've tried other online stores in the US and at least for US-made stuff, for me, as an international buyer, it's easily the best one.

jye4ever
01-26-2017, 09:06 PM
The only issue I have with them is that they take so long to get their stuff that I always end up cancelling my PO with them because I get the item quicker somewhere else. :lol

Psycho
01-26-2017, 09:58 PM

BBTS is awesome my Begins Batman was missing an hand and sent me out and extra hand the next day no questions asked for free that's awesome customer service.

GasparZizou
01-26-2017, 10:21 PM
What happened to you Snoop?

The only issue I have with them is that they take so long to get their stuff that I always end up cancelling my PO with them because I get the item quicker somewhere else. :lol

They are taking their sweet time with that City Hunter.

a-dev
01-26-2017, 10:47 PM
They are taking their sweet time with that City Hunter.

I got the 10 day notice email for that today. You mean the Ultimate right?

snoop101
01-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Long story short i received a defective product. I was told I was getting a replacement, and they ended up sending back the same exact damaged product to me. So I called their customer service phone number and spoke to Elizabeth. She was extremely rude and irritable towards me the entire time. I wasn't giving her a hard time or anthing, I just simply wanted to know the reasoning behind them sending me the same damaged product I had sent back. It's such a shame because I used to order from them all the time with no issues, but this experience has ruined it for me. Just a fair warning to those that order from them.

rjszar
01-27-2017, 06:56 AM
I've had at least three dealings with BBTS customer service. Top notch IMO. I either got replacement parts, a whole new figure while getting to keep the defective one, or a credit when parts weren't available.

snoop101
01-27-2017, 06:59 AM
I'm telling you I've never had any problems with them either. That's why this whole ordeal was shocking.

MaulFan
01-27-2017, 08:59 AM
I pretty much do all of my online collectible shopping with BBTS and have never had an issue with any item and never had to deal with CS and I've even contacted them with random inquiries about orders and gotten very courteous and fast responses, I love them and even got my clean T-800 from them, problem free.

snoop101
01-27-2017, 09:02 AM
It's great to here everyone has had good experiences with them, that's how I felt before this. Now I'll never order from them again.

GasparZizou
01-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Seems like you caught Elizabeth on a bad day :lol was it an expensive order? 1single bad experience wouldnt put me off BBTS considering as a foreign buyer whose options are limited.

But I did send Barnes and Noble to **** themselves after they screw me up twice, happened once and I gave then a 2nd chance but they ****ed it up again.

GasparZizou
01-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Seems like you caught Elizabeth on a bad day :lol was it an expensive order? 1single bad experience wouldnt put me off BBTS considering as a foreign buyer whose options are limited.

But I did send Barnes and Noble to **** themselves after they screw me up twice, happened once and I gave then a 2nd chance but they ****ed it up again.

a-dev
01-27-2017, 01:53 PM
I've returned to the Ultimate T-1000 to attempt to make him taller and give him back adult male proportions (as opposed to the adolescent proportions they gave him) - I hoped to do so with minimal negative side-effects....and I may be onto something..still in progress but I'm enthused so far...a slight adjustment from the top where the legs connect and a slight adjustment at the feet might just make him as tall as the old figure without ****ing everything up...

Currently hitting a bit of an unexpected snag - I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the torso and the pelvis back together. No combination of heating some of the parts or all of the parts or none of the parts is ****ing working. I don't understand - I've dismantled this figure before. The **** is going on..

jye4ever
01-27-2017, 02:32 PM
That's their built in "a-dev is never happy with our figures" safety protocol kicking in.

a-dev
01-27-2017, 04:17 PM

Anyway, finished. I've improved the proportions but, boy, is it subtle. I think if I posted a picture of the customised figure in isolation you wouldn't realise I'd done anything to it at all. With a comparison shot you might see that his crotch is slightly higher but jeez I don't know that it's worth the effort.

jye4ever
01-27-2017, 04:25 PM

Anyway, finished. I've improved the proportions but, boy, is it subtle. I think if I posted a picture of the customised figure in isolation you wouldn't realise I'd done anything to it at all. With a comparison shot you might see that his crotch is slightly higher but jeez I don't know that it's worth the effort.

https://media.tenor.co/images/37d9fd3ecda4aaf9e45267f828a7d33e/raw

DiFabio
01-27-2017, 04:32 PM

You're crazy.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/b/be/You'reCrazy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101108203224

a-dev
01-27-2017, 05:07 PM
But wait! I just swapped out the shoes for the shoes from the old figure and that, I believe, has just made as much difference as I require. I feel I have eliminated that T(een)-1000 look but also not made him too tall when compared to a T-800 figure.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/success_baby.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/success_baby.jpg.html)

Pics and instructions to follow at a later time.

jye4ever
01-27-2017, 05:49 PM
a-dev's T-1000 now

Caped Baldy
01-27-2017, 05:53 PM
a-dev is starting to sound like a crazy inventor trying to find body parts to create his perfect Terminator.

"Look at these proportions!" :lol

https://media.tenor.co/images/1acc0c14d760b557906fa87b52785d51/raw

a-dev
01-27-2017, 06:23 PM
:lol would rep those posts

ApeManRyan
01-27-2017, 07:20 PM
a-dev is Skynet. He created the perfect killing machine out of a wimpy inaccurate toy. The man is a genius.

jye4ever
01-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Remember the 2up

Vector
01-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Remember the 2up

Good find jye. To me, the head sculpt on the new 1/4 scale looks identical to the 2-Up prototype for the 7-inch figure.

The paint apps on the 2-Up appear to be nicer however.

a-dev
01-28-2017, 08:27 PM
I was going to say that myself. Is the 1:4 that we've seen a production sample or something? I doubt it.

batman232
01-29-2017, 12:12 AM
Not liking this Arnold. Dutch looked way better.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

a-dev
01-29-2017, 12:57 AM
Well...did it?

I mean.... that's a ''good'' one. The eyes are cartoony and the mouth did not upscale very well - it seems to be sculpted based on a very specific moment in the film and with a NECA finish and paintjob, again...looks cartoony. Probably neither one is better than the other.

AG SHEPPARD
01-29-2017, 01:25 AM
Not liking this Arnold. Dutch looked way better.

My first post here. :)

Agreed.

This new one looks rather like Clint Eastwood.

P.
01-29-2017, 02:53 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=319861&d=1485657406

looks like he can hide his head like a tortoise.

AG SHEPPARD
01-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Well...did it?
I mean.... that's a ''good'' one. The eyes are cartoony and the mouth did not upscale very well - it seems to be sculpted based on a very specific moment in the film and with a NECA finish and paintjob, again...looks cartoony. Probably neither one is better than the other.

But with the right paintjob the sculpt sure beats Sideshows PF, which looks like freakin Dr. House (http://i47.tinypic.com/ofd3sj.jpg).

Just look at this:

My repainted 1/4 Dutch HS.
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x448/bplus73/photo1_zps5ec31dd2.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x448/bplus73/photo4_zps45d5da81.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x448/bplus73/photo_zps56cad0ff.jpg

a-dev
01-29-2017, 10:06 AM
Holy ***k! That is incredible. I've never seen a paintjob that good applied to a NECA figure. I want that

jye4ever
01-29-2017, 11:05 AM
I think my custom Dutch came out just as good if not more accurate.

a-dev
01-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Nice. Good job on the stubble too.

snoop101
01-29-2017, 12:21 PM
The 2-up looks way better. Idk if it's the paint or what.

DiFabio
01-29-2017, 12:46 PM
The 2-up looks way better. Idk if it's the paint or what.

It's because that was the size/scale it was first created in before it was shrunk down to 7". It's the original, the template, the one they put all the work into.

This bigger 1/4 version is a blown up copy of that 2-up, hence it looks worse. It wasn't made with the intention of an 18" figure.

jye4ever
01-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Nice. Good job on the stubble too.

:lol :lol :lol

RockyRambo
01-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Whatever it ends up looking like it cant be any worse than the Quarter Scale T2 that Diamond Select put out awhile back. An unbelievable eyesore and probably the worst Terminator figure ever. :)

a-dev
01-29-2017, 07:34 PM
I forgot that existed. It was years behind the game even when it came out.

a-dev
01-29-2017, 08:26 PM
Here's my modded Ultimate T-1000 with comparisons and so on. The aim was to make him taller without making his proportions unnatural. I achieved the former and I think I achieved the latter aswell.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0960%20Small_zpsf76xl2x3.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0960%20Small_zpsf76xl2x3.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0951%20Small_zps031fje6f.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0951%20Small_zps031fje6f.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0958%20Small_zpsegxdqomf.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0958%20Small_zpsegxdqomf.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0964%20Small_zpssvtsvkjy.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0964%20Small_zpssvtsvkjy.jpg.html)

They don't look quite so silly next to the old figures anymore:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_1330%20Small_zpsbifbzzzm.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_1330%20Small_zpsbifbzzzm.jpg.html)

Anyway, when you dismantle the figure this is what you're looking at:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0977%20Small_zpswcaoblh9.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0977%20Small_zpswcaoblh9.jpg.html)

Pull the legs apart to get this:
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0980%20Small_zpspzbl30i4.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0980%20Small_zpspzbl30i4.jpg.html)

Then drill out the bottom of that hole like so and fill in the top with something, anything. It forces the legs to sit lower in this piece and in turn expose the maximum amount of the sculpted leg that was previously hidden up inside the 'diaper':
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0988%20Small_zpsdml5awnz.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0988%20Small_zpsdml5awnz.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0991%20Small_zpse1dehhtx.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0991%20Small_zpse1dehhtx.jpg.html)

I also added a bunch of blue tack which I also glued in place to try to tighten things up because the figures were very ragdollish after the mod. This was reasonably successful. Lastly I took the shoes (and pegs) from some old wrecked T-1000s from 2010 (glad I didn't throw those out, the parts are coming in useful) as they add additional height compared to the stock shoes.

Oh and here's my new custom BD Steel Mill T-1000 using the handgun bullet hits from the Hot Toys T-1000. I drilled holes in the figure to enable them to fit.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0968%20Small_zps7hxbu6rp.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0968%20Small_zps7hxbu6rp.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0975%20Small_zpssvonvkjq.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0975%20Small_zpssvonvkjq.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0972%20Small_zpsv8wrurnt.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0972%20Small_zpsv8wrurnt.jpg.html)

I intend to make more variants such as 'Galleria' with 7 bullet holes, if they'll fit, aswell as redoing the Pescadero battle damage that NECA gave us. Their liquid metal 'squibs' suck, a very flat silver paint. The Hot Toys ones look reasonably chrome-like.

jye4ever
01-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Great mod, great post, great results.

I can't believe how stubby his legs look when standing next to the others.

a-dev
01-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks. I consider it a success overall. It does slightly make the line of the diaper a little more noticeable but personally I'll take that when it means the figure doesn't look noticeably shorter than my other T-1000 figures - that was really bugging the hell out of me.

By the way, obviously my photos here aren't meant to be cinematic. I'm aware of how very crap these figures look in my pics. It's why I don't really photograph my NECA collection apart from when I've done a custom/kitbash. They do not photograph well unless you're a skilled repainter and use the right lighting, backgrounds and a decent camera and so on. That said they genuinely don't look so crap holding them in my hands, the old 'looks better in person' chestnut.

P.
01-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Great mod, great post, great results.
i completely agree.
as the new no-premium-membership fashion dictates: a-dev, consider yourself repped :lol
loved the group photo of T-1000s.

a-dev
01-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Thanks P.. As with the Hot Toys I'm building every possible variant for every memorable moment so I actually have more than those photographed and will have more again. I need to buy a few more figures to complete my plan.

And yeah, kinda weird that all of our premium memberships expired around the same time and this year we all independently decided not to renew (in my case though, just for now, because I will sell stuff again eventually)

P.
01-29-2017, 10:44 PM
By the way, obviously my photos here aren't meant to be cinematic..

hmmm. why not? some of them are very natural:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NECA%20Terminator/zIMG_0958%20Small_zpsegxdqomf.jpghttp://www.jebiga.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Flychelangelo_Dead_Flies_Art_9.jpg

:dunno

DiFabio
01-29-2017, 11:49 PM
What if I just swap the feet? Will that boost his height?

I ain't carving out his hip holes and stuffing blue tack in there even though I have it. Will the shoe swap increase his height significantly?

jye4ever
01-30-2017, 04:08 AM

a-dev
01-30-2017, 06:45 AM

hmmm. why not? some of them are very natural:

>>Urinal comparison<<

:dunno

That did occur to me when I was taking that pic.

What if I just swap the feet? Will that boost his height?

I ain't carving out his hip holes and stuffing blue tack in there even though I have it. Will the shoe swap increase his height significantly?

Well it'd help a little bit I expect. Just do that first and see if you get away with it. It does require a slight widening of the ankle holes though, I forgot to mention that.

jye4ever
01-30-2017, 07:30 AM
When I saw your photo I instantly thought of Blairwitch Project movie

Caped Baldy
01-30-2017, 07:41 AM
When I saw your photo I instantly thought of Blairwitch Project movie

That's the naughty corner a-dev sends his figures to if they have the short leg syndrome. :rotfl

jye4ever
01-30-2017, 07:50 AM
omg that is hilarious. :lol

I wonder if he puts dunce caps on his bad figures. :lol

a-dev
01-30-2017, 11:37 AM

Anyway, going back to the 1:4 scale T-800, I'm surprisingly enthused about it considering it's almost a total rehash with nothing above and beyond what I'd expect of a Cyberdyne Uncle Bob. It'll be nice to have that minigun setup at 1:4 scale (as per DiFabio's idea I'll use the Enterbay gear). I ordered two, giving myself the future option of turning one into the Galleria look assuming NECA never release one. If I do that then my current Enterbay Galleria figure will become a 1:4 scale version of NECA's Man or Machine to make use of that Endoskeleton arm. Until then I'll probably have one NECA 1:4 using the minigun and another using the M79 (the nice Enterbay M79 that is)

batman232
01-30-2017, 03:48 PM
Terminator looks like he died. Paint looks like that movie Warm Bodies.

P.
01-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Terminator looks like he died.
"it", batman232. not "he".

https://theiapolis.com/d4/hU0/i1NQT/k4/l1O4W/w1HC/linda-hamilton-sarah-connor-and-edward-furlong.jpg

batman232
01-30-2017, 05:27 PM
"it", batman232. not "he".

https://theiapolis.com/d4/hU0/i1NQT/k4/l1O4W/w1HC/linda-hamilton-sarah-connor-and-edward-furlong.jpg
Oh well you kind of understood. Point is he looks really zombie like. Lol

Vector
01-31-2017, 01:55 PM
NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 59m59 minutes ago

A look at some of the T2 3D packaging underway for later this Spring #t2sday #terminator

a-dev
01-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Who is this John Connor? Who is this boy they refer to on their packaging?

batman232
01-31-2017, 02:42 PM

A look at some of the T2 3D packaging underway for later this Spring #t2sday #terminator

So does it mean we getting a T-2000 1/4?

Vector
01-31-2017, 02:49 PM
So does it mean we getting a T-2000 1/4?

That's the packaging for the "new" 25th Anniversary 3D Release 7" T-800. Do you mean T-1000?

batman232
01-31-2017, 03:03 PM
That's the packaging for the "new" 25th Anniversary 3D Release 7" T-800. Do you mean T-1000?
Sorry yes ... Oh alright just read the post...thought it was the 1/4 packaging.

P.
01-31-2017, 03:05 PM

- "arial".
- "tank" instead of "goliath".
- goliath's torso in the middle of the body.

those are chinese fakes, right?

Vector
01-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Sorry yes ... Oh alright just read the post...thought it was the 1/4 packaging.

No worries man. It would be awesome to get a 1/4 T-1000 at some point.

DiFabio
01-31-2017, 05:35 PM
- "arial".
- "tank" instead of "goliath".
- goliath's torso in the middle of the body.

those are chinese fakes, right?

They need a proofreader, that's for sure.

Aerial is a lazy mistake. Just as bad as "unstoppable" on their Ultimate Tech Noir box.

snoop101
01-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Haha "Arial?" Sweet. What's up with NECA not including the roses for the rose box? That's straight up lazy. As little effort as possible when it comes to Terminator.

Vector
01-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Haha "Arial?" Sweet. What's up with NECA not including the roses for the rose box? That's straight up lazy. As little effort as possible when it comes to Terminator.

These roses on eBay or something similar would probably work well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-One-Dozen-Long-Stem-Red-Roses-by-Falcon-Miniatures-/191822119557?hash=item2ca97d4285:g:790AAOSwv9hW3ux A

a-dev
01-31-2017, 07:47 PM
These roses on eBay or something similar would probably work well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-One-Dozen-Long-Stem-Red-Roses-by-Falcon-Miniatures-/191822119557?hash=item2ca97d4285:g:790AAOSwv9hW3ux A

Postage to: Worldwide
Excludes: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, South East Asia, South America

Can that even be called 'worldwide'?

Vector
01-31-2017, 08:15 PM

Can that even be called 'worldwide'?

Yeah, they need to check that exclusions list. I know that they ship to the Contiguous U.S. at least because I have ordered a couple of things from them for my dioramas.

a-dev
01-31-2017, 10:09 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2017-02-01-05h03m01s127%20Small_zpsejlwcrub.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/vlcsnap-2017-02-01-05h03m01s127%20Small_zpsejlwcrub.png.html)

That packaging says ''2 alternate heads'' - which, to me, reads like ''in addition to the default head there will be 2 others''...but there's only 2 heads total in the official solicitation images.

Annnnd going back to this pic posted a few pages back of the 18'' Dutch with a custom paintjob:
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x448/bplus73/photo1_zps5ec31dd2.jpg

The paint is good, but I still have a problem with that mouth and this is it - the sculpting of the mouth is clearly based on this:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2017-02-01-05h01m43s117%20Small_zpsdb0lv3mb.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/vlcsnap-2017-02-01-05h01m43s117%20Small_zpsdb0lv3mb.png.html)

But without the accompanying severe squinting of the eyes it looks out of place.

P.
01-31-2017, 10:45 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2017-02-01-05h01m43s117%20Small_zpsdb0lv3mb.png
- Dillon, you stepped on something.

jye4ever
02-01-2017, 06:07 PM
I believe the T2 3D world premiere at the Berlin film festival is just 15 days away.

The Clown Prince of Crime
02-01-2017, 09:48 PM
That's the packaging for the "new" 25th Anniversary 3D Release 7" T-800.

Why are they calling it the 25th anniversary? The film came out in 1991 and it's 2017 :lol

Vector
02-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Why are they calling it the 25th anniversary? The film came out in 1991 and it's 2017 :lol

Yeah, Cameron is a bit late with the release of the 25th Anniversary 3D version of T2. I found the blurb below from 2016 on a movie site. NECA is just branding this latest T-800 to coincide with the 3D film release.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day celebrated its 25th anniversary this summer (2016). Initially, James Cameron was hoping to celebrate the occasion around this time of year with a 3D re-release of the film. For unspecified reasons, there was a bit of a delay, but we’ll see the 3D conversion sometime next year in 2017.

joossa
02-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Anyone get a feeling John Conner will be a SDCC exclusive like they did with Newt?

GasparZizou
02-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Who is John Conner?

Vector
02-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Anyone get a feeling John Conner will be a SDCC exclusive like they did with Newt?

I think that is highly likely if they make him at all. I asked Randy a few days ago on Twitter about the possibility of a John Connor figure to go with the new 25th Anniversary Rose Box T-800 and he did not respond. But that is not unusual :lol

Vector
02-05-2017, 07:28 PM
We still don't know what this is for, but it sure looks like 1/10 scale...

P.
02-05-2017, 08:05 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=321675&d=1486348070

what the...

paper models look a lot more accutate and proportional!

http://gadgetheat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/TERMINATOR-T800-Endoskeleton-Paper-Craft-Model-2.jpg

Vector
02-05-2017, 08:45 PM
what the...

paper models look a lot more accutate and proportional!

Those are pics of the prototype for a supposed 1/10 accessory. At that scale it would be pretty small. As far as I know, NECA has not provided any more information or even mentioned it again since last June. The production piece would probably look a lot better.

DiFabio
02-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Damn, that paper model looks amazing.

a-dev
02-06-2017, 08:33 AM
I think that is highly likely if they make him at all. I asked Randy a few days ago on Twitter about the possibility of a John Connor figure to go with the new 25th Anniversary Rose Box T-800 and he did not respond.

Not necessarily a bad sign. Could be a good sign even. But I feel foolish in getting my hopes up.

jye4ever
02-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Caped Baldy
02-06-2017, 05:40 PM
a-dev chasing Randy when he hears the John Connor they're doing is the Nick Stahl version from T3. :lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/8VGlmsDay4Pny/giphy.gif

jye4ever
02-06-2017, 05:54 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

a-dev
02-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Alright I want someone watching the door and someone outside watching the windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCm_-GZ-Dc

a-dev chasing Randy when he hears the John Connor they're doing is the Nick Stahl version from T3. :lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/8VGlmsDay4Pny/giphy.gif

Damn right. Although at least we can say Furlong Connor has a much better likelihood of happening than a Stahl one.

jye4ever
02-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Yeah Randy gave orders to stall Stahl.

memyselfi
02-10-2017, 08:36 AM
NECA Verified account
‏@NECA_TOYS

NECA Retweeted Rebel Scum

Theoretically possible but not probable

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS is it possible for a future John Connor ultimate figure?

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 08:58 AM
NECA Verified account
‏@NECA_TOYS

NECA Retweeted Rebel Scum

Theoretically possible but not probable

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS is it possible for a future John Connor ultimate figure?

That would require an all new sculpt on their part. Can't have that!

MaulFan
02-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Well John doesn't really fit the qualifications for an Ultimate release, just general and even Newt has never been a common release, limited SDCC solo and 2-pack with Ripley in stores. Young John would go the same way.

a-dev
02-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Well he would have given the same answer about Newt. :dunno

Also I'm wondering about the phrasing of the question and what Randy understood from it -

''is it possible for a future John Connor ultimate figure''

Is the guy asking about Edward Furlong or adult John Connor from the prologue?

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 10:56 AM
I thought the same thing. Did he mean a future John Connor release or a future adult General John Connor.

Still think it's BS to consider John Connor "too niche" and too much of a gamble to make. I don't get that mentality, all of the things they do are risks. His character is important and he has enough accessories to make him toyetic. If they put effort into his likeness and what's included with him, I don't see why it wouldn't sell. He's just as iconic in pop culture as the T-800, T-1000 and Sarah Connor. Even Kenner back in 91' knew he was essential enough to have amongst all the Terminator variations.

There's also no reason for him not to be offered at retail. Despite the awful paint apps and quality control, that Newt and Ripley two pack is selling extremely well, atleast around here. Each of my stores have gotten atleast a dozen of those two packs and they sell out each time. They could have easily forgone that SDCC exclusive and included those accessories in the two pack, maybe pose them neutrally so Ripley and Newt wouldn't warp. The two pack is doing better than Frost and the stupid Albino Alien I see everywhere, and I doubt that's because of the ugly looking Ripley. People want Newt, that's why they demanded her, that's why they're all selling.

John Connor is more iconic than Newt (and I'd even go as far as saying more well known than Hicks, Hudson, Bishop, Frost and Vasquez). You could easily throw him into a wave or a two pack with Uncle Bob and get sales. The fact that these small 1/6 companies keep making different Connors shows there's a market for him. "But he's a kid, kids don't want figures of boys or girls". Yeah, that logic applies to Mattel and Hasbro but it shouldn't to NECA. They make collectibles for adult collectors, adult collectors love T2 and I'm sure they'd throw down 20 bucks to display a John next to their Terminator, T-1000 and Sarah Connor.

If you can make crappy looking megos of Kevin Mccalister, Clark Griswold and ****ing Weird Al at retail, you can make a John Connor action figure.

Now I'm positive we're going to see him (hopefully soon, and hopefully not as an exclusive) but this whole tug of war with Randy about the merits of a John Connor that's been going on for years is ridiculous. He's a no brainer. He should have been made years ago. Honestly? I think biggest deal with them isn't so much license and likeness rights as it is tooling and reuse. I think the reason they even pursued the Marines and Nostromo crew is because they could make one or two bodies and spread them out to a bunch of different figures with minor differences. Picture Dutch or the T2 Arnold, but with parts that can be used for different characters. You don't get that luxury with Dillon, Billy, Blain and Mac because each one is different in appearance, body type and clothing. You can hide the fact that Hicks (x2), Hudson (x2), Windrix, and Frost utilize mostly the same parts, can't with those guys. You can lazily make one Nostromo space suit and just throw on different headsculpts and paint jobs to make them a "new" character.

With John Connor, the same thing applies. He requires an all new unique sculpt and you can get one version out of him.

a-dev
02-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Still think it's BS to consider John Connor "too niche" and too much of a gamble to make. I don't get that mentality, all of the things they do are risks. His character is important and he has enough accessories to make him toyetic. If they put effort into his likeness and what's included with him, I don't see why it wouldn't sell. He's just as iconic in pop culture as the T-800, T-1000 and Sarah Connor. Even Kenner back in 91' knew he was essential enough to have amongst all the Terminator variations.

There's also no reason for him not to be offered at retail. Despite the awful paint apps and quality control, that Newt and Ripley two pack is selling extremely well, atleast around here. Each of my stores have gotten atleast a dozen of those two packs and they sell out each time. They could have easily forgone that SDCC exclusive and included those accessories in the two pack, maybe pose them neutrally so Ripley and Newt wouldn't warp. The two pack is doing better than Frost and the stupid Albino Alien I see everywhere, and I doubt that's because of the ugly looking Ripley. People want Newt, that's why they demanded her, that's why they're all selling.

John Connor is more iconic than Newt (and I'd even go as far as saying more well known than Hicks, Hudson, Bishop, Frost and Vasquez). You could easily throw him into a wave or a two pack with Uncle Bob and get sales. The fact that these small 1/6 companies keep making different Connors shows there's a market for him. "But he's a kid, kids don't want figures of boys or girls". Yeah, that logic applies to Mattel and Hasbro but it shouldn't to NECA. They make collectibles for adult collectors, adult collectors love T2 and I'm sure they'd throw down 20 bucks to display a John next to their Terminator, T-1000 and Sarah Connor.

If you can make crappy looking megos of Kevin Mccalister, Clark Griswold and ****ing Weird Al at retail, you can make a John Connor action figure.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump_zpsb2f46389.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump_zpsb2f46389.gif.html)

MaulFan
02-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Thing you have to remember with NECA is their products are driven by their own interests as much as collectors, so if Aliens is loved by many and especially their sculptors, people probably fight to tackle a newt. If Terminator isn't as much a passion, they may only tackle the core characters of Terminator themselves. Let's not forget, most of NECA's Terminator line is full of heavy recycling. One set of T1 legs for 3-4 figures in the original release, with 2 sets of shared torsos, etc., and the T2 line did it even more. Ultimate Sarah is really the only Terminator figure they don't get recycle value from and I'm sure we only got her via Ultimate T-800s and 1000s, plus she comes with weapons. John Connor may be a central name to the story of the franchise, but I do believe many don't care for any portrayal of him, T2 he was a whiny teen, T3 a whiny adult, T4 no one cares for the movie, and Genisys Connor was awful. I just think John's delay or omission is tied to lack of enthusiasm to make him, sadly.

Newt may not seem a big deal, but she was involved in a number of classic lines and moments in that movie, poster art, etc., and if you like those movies it probably would seem exciting.

Newt is a greater badass than T2 JC, she survived an alien attack alone and mostly acts tough, John complains a lot and isn't too appealing. I would only want a T2 John for a sense of completion of my T2 collection, not any love for the character, for that reason I'd want Bale before Furlong.

scarrviper
02-10-2017, 12:11 PM
It is bizarre how seemingly opposed they are to making John. Same goes with making a new or upgraded Kyle Reese. With all of these ultimate terminator figures they have released over the last year or so, you would think that now would be the best opportunity. My guess is that it is a tooling cost issue. For some reason they just don't want to spend the money.

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 12:18 PM
All Newt did was scream and have funny lines, c'mon Maulfan. John > Newt

NECA got people excited to buy a little pint sized 8 year old girl in overalls with a baby doll head. They made an 8 year old Macaulay Culkin in a red Christmas sweater. I don't see why they couldn't muster up that same enthusiasm and excitement to make the future leader of the resistance that's a target of the Terminators in both films and has cool accessories like the little hacker computer and Cyberdyne skynet tech. Hell, you see him in the film loading guns, you could easily give him accessories that NECA refuses to give their figures or a Terminator accessory pack. A swat gas mask would be cool.

You could be right about the NECA team choosing each figure as a passion project, I've thought about that too, but then I see Randy ripping AvP, Alien Ressurection, Alien 3, etc. and other licenses they have on twitter and think "nah, it's all about the business". I mean ****, how can we even make that argument when they've done figures for Twilight and the Hunger Games? :lol I doubt dudes in their 30s and 40s had fun with those.

There was a time these guys made all new 7" figures of John McClane, Patrick Bateman, multiple Beetlejuices, multiple Hannibal Lecters, Donnie Darko, The Crow, the Reservoir Dogs, Leonidas, Raplhie and his family from a Christmas Story, Kill Bill (like 5 all new, unique figures mind you), Scream and more. I'd consider all those "niche" and obscure compared to what they do now. I mean they had a line called Cult Classics, haha, a cult classic is the definition of niche. You ask them about pretty much anything and all it is now is "can't do it", "no license", "too expensive", "no likeness", "too niche" and it really makes you wonder how they did some of those things in the first place.

The thing that gets me is how relatively no brainers in solid brand lines (their main 3) get the same response. Randy hates it when people on twitter and Facebook diss NECA for the repaints and reuses and rereleases, but penny pinching is their thing now. They just came out with a wave of Predator figures the other day that is pretty much the perfect example of what they are as a company now. They're unabashed about it too. I mean you essentially have 4 of the same exact Predators that are going to be out simultaneously and the only difference is the head (or paint job in the case of the Jungle Demon).

It comes off as a bit cheap, low-end and stingy across the line when they have arguably the best sculptors in the business. I mean you can't use some of that Alien and Predator $$$ to make an all new character for a line you've milked with rehashes?

I could see if we were asking for Miles Dyson or T1 Sarah (in pink tie dye shirt and jeans, which I do think is essential but they'll never do it), but we're not. It's John Connor.

jye4ever
02-10-2017, 12:23 PM
DiFabio > Randy

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 12:43 PM
DiFabio > Randy

Randy works with McFarlane toys -> leaves -> Randy mocks McFarlane for not pushing the envelope and sucking -> NECA toys is created -> Randy is criticized for not pushing the envelope -> Bought out by Jye and DiFabio -> lolcat toys Inc. is born -> hire a-dev as our lead project manager on the Terminator line

In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

jye4ever
02-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Yup, easily post of the day for me. :lol

I'm guessing for a-dev it will be for the year. :lol

Vector
02-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Randy works with McFarlane toys -> leaves -> Randy mocks McFarlane for not pushing the envelope and sucking -> NECA toys is created -> Randy is criticized for not pushing the envelope -> Bought out by Jye and DiFabio -> lolcat toys Inc. is born -> hire a-dev as our lead project manager on the Terminator line

Yeah, but what would you guys have left to make for the Terminator line except John Connor.

As you said, NECA has made every variant except for the "Learn to Smile" T-800 from the T2 director's cut.

MaulFan
02-10-2017, 01:41 PM
While NECA has produced every look from T1 and T2 of the T-800, I know a-dev would agree that the upper body articulation has heavily limited pose options, where release of re-engineered figures could result in more options. Resting shotgun on shoulder pose would be valuable for T1 and T2. I'd also like to see spike haired T1 heads that look like the T1 hair and not T2.

a-dev
02-10-2017, 01:48 PM

:lol :lol :lol

In fairness I'd sink us. ''But a-dev, do you really think it's a good idea to make a figure of Gibbons''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXASNxybtjI

Yeah, but what would you guys have left to make for the Terminator line except John Connor.

As you said, NECA has made every variant except for the "Learn to Smile" T-800 from the T2 director's cut.

Even if it's true that there's nothing else left to make - I'd argue that's all the more reason to go ahead and make John Connor, if indeed he's the last piece of the jigsaw.

But he's not the only thing left that they could do anyway - Cleaved Man T-1000, Pretzel Man T-1000, SWAT encounter T-800 (with teargas launcher as new accessory), Ultimate Steel Mill T-800 (with steel rod as new accessory), Pescadero/Chets Autoparts jacket Sarah Connor. And yeah they could do alternate expressions (i.e new sculpts for the T-800) - the horse smile, the 'trust me' smirk although those simply might not work at this scale, people are very iffy on the new Aliens Ripley with its attempt at a specific facial expression.

T1 could still have an eye surgery T-800, Motel attack T-800 (jacket zipped up, AR-18 with shoulder sling) let alone Sarah and Kyle Reese, both of whom could have variants.

This is all stuff they could make - the classic Terminator films are not as short on potential as they seem to think - but John Connor alone would go a long way. If I were to see him at Toyfair I'd be a very happy man indeed.

Vector
02-10-2017, 02:00 PM
While NECA has produced every look from T1 and T2 of the T-800, I know a-dev would agree that the upper body articulation has heavily limited pose options, where release of re-engineered figures could result in more options. Resting shotgun on shoulder pose would be valuable for T1 and T2. I'd also like to see spike haired T1 heads that look like the T1 hair and not T2.

I know. I was just being facetious. :) There are still some really cool options for Terminator figures left to be done. A 7" Steel Mill T-800 with BD arm comes to mind. Make him with a swappable chest piece with a hole in the front with a matching hole in his back and then release yet another T-1000 with a metal rod as an accessory. Or a special "Steel Mill Final Fight" two pack :lol

^^^ :lol a-dev, I was writing this post at the same time as yours about the BD Steel Mill T-800 :lol

ApeManRyan
02-10-2017, 02:08 PM
I would be in for a John Connor but who knows when Neca will make one or if they ever will. Newt was a surprise shock I would of thought John would be more popular to make in all honesty.

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 02:12 PM
For starters, after John I'd retire the T-800, T-1000 and Endoskeleton sculpts and make all new ones to retool and rehash variations of. That Endoskeleton needs to be remade from scratch.

I'd actually try and make definitive versions of each character and not half ass them with old parts and janky legs. No reason why the T-800, T-1000 and Kyle Reese shouldn't have double hinged elbows and knees along with a hidden ab crunch. And give the Arnies some fists to punch things with, that's important. He punches a lot in both films.

Kyle has gotten the short end of the stick imo. He got ONE preproposed figure that only holds a shot gun and can't look good doing anything else. Kyle ran, jumped and was a very action oriented character. He didn't just wield a shot gun, he had a pistol, pipe bombs (which I'd argue are more of a signature weapon for him than the shot gun), and a pipe.

Everything A-dev listed is great too. I love the grotesque T-1000 variants. That kind of thing would be right up their alley. Instead of "Ultimates", why not waves that depict a certain scene or a scene pack like the T-1000 vs. the T-800 in the steel mill or T1 Sarah Connor and the Endoskeleton.

You could also do a Kyle Reese (future soldier) which you could make one or two more regular grunts out of, General John Connor and a Franco Columbu T-800 infilitrator (just don't make him to scale, he'd be about as tall as Newt).

EDIT:

*sees Vector's post*

Ohhhh

Yeah when I think of T2, I think of the Steel Mill. Imagine last year if they actually had an anniversary Steel Mill wave for T2. Steel Mill T-800 with swappable parts, T-1000 with swappable parts. A bloodied up/wounded Sarah Connor (with T-1000 disguise parts). John Connor with his back pack and accessories.

That's not even that much of a hard-to-do demand when they have 98% of the parts for those first three figures alone.

jye4ever
02-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Franko. :lol :lol :lol

OMG I can't my side hurts. :lol

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 03:20 PM

a-dev
02-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Damn. Burt Reynolds and James Cameron tower over him!

Khev
02-10-2017, 03:32 PM
No wonder his gun looked so massive.

Khev
02-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I would be in for a John Connor

I think John's accent was a little *too* authentic when he said "Nicaragua" causing HT to shy away from yet another Hispanic main character.

jye4ever
02-10-2017, 06:06 PM
No wonder his gun looked so massive.

scarrviper
02-10-2017, 07:14 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2437/32675948642_b2cb01d6c7_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RMsM7S)Ultimate T-1000 - Motorcycle Cop (https://flic.kr/p/RMsM7S) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

I wasn't sure I was going to pick this one up, but I'm glad I did. The paintjob is pretty solid, and the quality control is good as well. I do agree that his legs seem a bit shorter than they should be, and mine does suffer from "one leg longer than the other syndrome" but overall I'm happy.

jye4ever
02-10-2017, 07:32 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2437/32675948642_b2cb01d6c7_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RMsM7S)Ultimate T-1000 - Motorcycle Cop (https://flic.kr/p/RMsM7S) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

I wasn't sure I was going to pick this one up, but I'm glad I did. The paintjob is pretty solid, and the quality control is good as well. I do agree that his legs seem a bit shorter than they should be, and mine does suffer from "one leg longer than the other syndrome" but overall I'm happy.

Randy is reading that and saying "DiFabio take your innovation and place it where the sun don't shine". :lol

Caped Baldy
02-10-2017, 07:39 PM
and mine does suffer from "one leg longer than the other syndrome" but overall I'm happy.

You just... had to say those words, didn't you. a-dev trigger mode activated.

http://gallery.t-scc.cz/albums/Terminator/Wallpapers/terminator-angry.jpg

Run for your life. :rotfl

Vector
02-10-2017, 08:03 PM
I am in the process of upgrading my Terminator display shelf to mini dioramas. I recently got an Ultimate Sarah Connor and had all the parts so I started with hers.

A few pics:

DiFabio
02-10-2017, 08:11 PM
WTF, that's looks real.

jye4ever
02-10-2017, 08:15 PM
That is 3D like.

a-dev
02-10-2017, 08:25 PM
You just... had to say those words, didn't you. a-dev trigger mode activated.

http://gallery.t-scc.cz/albums/Terminator/Wallpapers/terminator-angry.jpg

Run for your life. :rotfl

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/MZ88tDG_zpssv2nbor7.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/MZ88tDG_zpssv2nbor7.gif.html)

I am in the process of upgrading my Terminator display shelf to mini dioramas. I recently got an Ultimate Sarah Connor and had all the parts so I started with hers.

A few pics:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/jurassic-park-o_zps62053411.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/jurassic-park-o_zps62053411.gif.html)

It's....it's a 1:10 scale picnic table...

Vector
02-10-2017, 09:00 PM
WTF, that's looks real.

It is... :)

Vector
02-10-2017, 09:02 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/jurassic-park-o_zps62053411.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/jurassic-park-o_zps62053411.gif.html)

It's....it's a 1:10 scale picnic table...

Yup...:lol

a-dev
02-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Give it to me. Now.

Vector
02-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Give it to me. Now.

No can do. But for a small finders fee I will tell you where I got it. :wink1:

a-dev
02-10-2017, 09:40 PM
No can do. But for a small finders fee I will tell you where I got it. :wink1:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc 5cab6ef1d1b1ab_zps7d0ed46b.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc 5cab6ef1d1b1ab_zps7d0ed46b.jpg.html)

Vector
02-10-2017, 09:52 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc 5cab6ef1d1b1ab_zps7d0ed46b.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc 5cab6ef1d1b1ab_zps7d0ed46b.jpg.html)

:lol Just kidding about the fee. PM sent with the location of this little gem.