PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

DiFabio
10-04-2016, 09:51 AM
The Toys R Us' around here have a dozen of the Police shootout, Tech Noir and the new Vasquez Aliens wave. I'm actually impressed with how well stocked they are because last year they were slacking.

Jester
10-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Anyone have a spare Tech-Noir Uzi or Police Shootout SPAS-12?

Thainitty
10-04-2016, 10:44 PM
It can't understand why bbts doesn't have the police shootout yet! Hope this doesn't continue with other neca releases at bbts...I've got a bunch of neca figs on order with them

a-dev
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
And the Terminator presence at NYCC iiiiissssss.......

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/NYCC2016-NECA-Horror-and-Sc-Fi-018_zpsqtcmwek5.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/NYCC2016-NECA-Horror-and-Sc-Fi-018_zpsqtcmwek5.jpg.html)

MaulFan
10-06-2016, 05:01 PM
pathetic.

jye4ever
10-06-2016, 05:30 PM
That's NYCC in a nutshell.

jaxon
10-07-2016, 02:15 AM
What ever happened to the cinemachines HK's?

a-dev
10-07-2016, 10:05 AM
They'll still happen but I'm guessing the T2 anniversary stuff has mainly been pushed back because the 3D movie rerelease is now not until next year.

I guess I can afford to wait since there's a lot of stuff coming out the remainder of this year, my preorder list is pretty big again....all NECA stuff but includes 1/4 scalers and multiples of various 1:10 figures.

Alice
10-09-2016, 07:02 AM
Just got the Ultimate Sarah. Pretty happy aside from the articulation in the knees, elbows and wrists. How do you get the tac vest off?

a-dev
10-09-2016, 10:16 AM
I think you can remove her arms?

Alice
10-09-2016, 10:18 AM
I thought it was probably similar to the Alien 3 Ripley. I'll try it out in the morning.

a-dev
10-09-2016, 10:22 AM
I did it on one figure and I don't recall having to damage anything in the process.

DiFabio
10-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Just got the Ultimate Sarah. Pretty happy aside from the articulation in the knees, elbows and wrists. How do you get the tac vest off?

All you have to do is pop her upper torso off at the abs/mid section joint.

scarrviper
10-09-2016, 11:33 AM
All you have to do is pop her upper torso off at the abs/mid section joint.

This. Or at the waist above the belt.

a-dev
10-09-2016, 11:35 AM
I had completely forgotten what I did. I thought it was the arms.

a-dev
10-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Randy said a Terminator accessory pack is unlikely as they feel they've already provided everything. I personally don't think he's thinking very deeply on it but maybe he'd nix most of these anyway for one reason or another:

-steel rod (probably bent to ***t knowing NECA :lol )
-control box for chains in steel mill
-petrol cans, explosives and yellow barrel for cyberdyne demolition
-fireaxe
-gasmasks
-teargas launcher (the most obvious one)
-T-800's trolley for wheeling around all his weapons in Cyberdyne
-T-800's sports bag for carrying the minigun inside on the way to Cyberdyne
-M-79 with 'reload' feature
-Sarah's ammo bag
-Sarah's opened-up machine gun from her weapons prep at Enrique's
-the AK for Sarah from the same scene (she didn't end up using it though)
-alternate hands for T-800 (relaxed hands, fist hands, shotgun reload hand like Enterbay provided*, a gloved hand for holding teargas launcher)
-alternate hands for Sarah (to carry her ammo bag)
-tools and towels for the chip removal scene (though I guess we need a figure of that first)
-alternate torso with Galleria bullet squib damage to use on Ultimate T-1000 (and Steel Mill version of same)

*right hand as seen here

MaulFan
10-18-2016, 11:41 AM
In an "action figure" realm, other than the gas launcher, NECA has put out every key accessory you could ask for, the things you list essentially are generic real world items. The Alien and Predator packs have offered unique, other worldly accessories which fill out a display.

a-dev
10-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Exactly what I was thinking would be his reasoning. Not distinctly Terminator enough.

DiFabio
10-18-2016, 12:09 PM
They don't care enough about Terminator to do anything like that.

Not just the accessory packs, but anything really. You would think a crawling, damaged Endoskeleton from T1 or a new Kyle Reese would be a no brainer, but they don't even have interest in that. From here on out on the Terminator front, I figure all we're going to see are either video game figures (of the Robocop vs Terminator variety) or quick rehash cash grabs of pre-existing tooling.

Their other lines have dedicated waves featuring new releases that have been going on for years. With Terminator, we're lucky to get a couple of "Ultimates". I highly doubt we'll ever see anything new in the ways of sculpt and tooling. I wish we could get some dedicated waves like they used to do and what they continue to do with Aliens and Predator.

MaulFan
10-18-2016, 02:54 PM
It's about what they can sell as much as want to make. A severed Endo from T1 would essentially look like a broken Endo figure, nothing that exciting. They did mangled Bishop from Aliens but he has guts and gore and doesn't just look like a broken figure.

DiFabio
10-18-2016, 03:16 PM
It's about what they can sell as much as want to make. A severed Endo from T1 would essentially look like a broken Endo figure, nothing that exciting. They did mangled Bishop from Aliens but he has guts and gore and doesn't just look like a broken figure.

Include it with a "new" Kyle Reese with some pipe bombs and a pipe or a T1 Sarah Connor or something then.

There's so many little improvements that they could do to make some of these figures perfect. They could totally improve the Endoskeleton. The sculpt is cool (despite being 10 years old) and the current headsculpt they use is perfect, but it's not a very good figure. The rubber cords in the head/neck restrict the great ball jointed head, the plastic they use is cheap, the skeleton is permanently warped in places and it really should have a ball joint in the abs. You can actually make your own damaged crawling Endo without breaking the figure (simply unscrew the two screws in the back and lift the abdomen/torso off the spine and pistons), but it still needs the hanging mechanical "guts" and swap out severed hands. They could make a better Endo, give it the severed parts AND have alternate hands so it can duel wieldasma Rifles like T2.

I like what they've done for Terminator as a whole, but they have been really cheap in their reuse and offerings. Some of those things that A-dev listed, like swap out hands, should be mandatory. There is no reason why the T1 Arnold and T2 Arnold figures shouldn't have atleast alternate fists. He punched a lot in the first two films.

The 2007 Cult classics Endoskeleton and the original four tools (Uncle Bob, T-1000, Tech Noir and Police shootout) are nice, but they need to be retired. They're outdated and I think it's safe to say they got their moneys worth out of them. While I'm thankful for the articulation, they kind of did a botched job of implementing it on their figures between the leg issues and the fact that those original 2009 sculpts were sculpted with a particular pose in mind (you can see it in the way the clothes fold against the body). They look weird in neutral stances, especially the original T2 Arnold figures.

Would it kill them to offer an all new figure like Sarah Connor was last year? Can we get improvements beyond short leg syndrome and a bunch of old heads and hands that are haphazardly thrown into a box?

jye4ever
10-18-2016, 04:31 PM
NECA is Gozilla's ***** now.

Drone
10-18-2016, 07:48 PM
It's really surprising that NECA doesn't seem to think Kyle Reese is a worthwhile choice for their Ultimate format. 1984 Kyle fits the format perfectly as an easy 3-in-1 figure. All he'd need would be two sleeveless coats, the corresponding arms to go with each coat, a pair of bare arms, the few weapons that he used throughout the movie, and maybe a new head sculpt. Boom - a figure that would inspire plenty of us to buy multiples even if we do already have the prior release. And a Future War Kyle? Can't believe that hasn't already happened, but Randy's responses to every inquiry about a new Kyle makes me wonder if perhaps sales of the first one were too low. Pity if that's the case, but maybe they're just pretending that nothing really new is on the horizon so they can surprise us. I am pretty optimistic that we'll at least see John Conor as part of the anniversary offerings next year and would expect a similar release strategy to what they did with Newt this year - you know, to get all of us in a frenzy to build even more demand for a character who may or may not currently be a poor candidate for retail.

a-dev
10-19-2016, 08:43 AM
They don't care enough about Terminator to do anything like that.

Not just the accessory packs, but anything really. You would think a crawling, damaged Endoskeleton from T1 or a new Kyle Reese would be a no brainer, but they don't even have interest in that. From here on out on the Terminator front, I figure all we're going to see are either video game figures (of the Robocop vs Terminator variety) or quick rehash cash grabs of pre-existing tooling.

Their other lines have dedicated waves featuring new releases that have been going on for years. With Terminator, we're lucky to get a couple of "Ultimates". I highly doubt we'll ever see anything new in the ways of sculpt and tooling. I wish we could get some dedicated waves like they used to do and what they continue to do with Aliens and Predator.

I've actually been tempted by the existing Robocop VS Terminator stuff and the NES T2 figure yet they were ''easy passes'' when they came out. Maybe I'm just starved for new stuff. I think the paint jobs and packaging art are pretty nifty though.

Include it with a "new" Kyle Reese with some pipe bombs and a pipe or a T1 Sarah Connor or something then.

There's so many little improvements that they could do to make some of these figures perfect. They could totally improve the Endoskeleton. The sculpt is cool (despite being 10 years old) and the current headsculpt they use is perfect, but it's not a very good figure. The rubber cords in the head/neck restrict the great ball jointed head, the plastic they use is cheap, the skeleton is permanently warped in places and it really should have a ball joint in the abs. You can actually make your own damaged crawling Endo without breaking the figure (simply unscrew the two screws in the back and lift the abdomen/torso off the spine and pistons), but it still needs the hanging mechanical "guts" and swap out severed hands. They could make a better Endo, give it the severed parts AND have alternate hands so it can duel wieldasma Rifles like T2.

I like what they've done for Terminator as a whole, but they have been really cheap in their reuse and offerings. Some of those things that A-dev listed, like swap out hands, should be mandatory. There is no reason why the T1 Arnold and T2 Arnold figures shouldn't have atleast alternate fists. He punched a lot in the first two films.

The 2007 Cult classics Endoskeleton and the original four tools (Uncle Bob, T-1000, Tech Noir and Police shootout) are nice, but they need to be retired. They're outdated and I think it's safe to say they got their moneys worth out of them. While I'm thankful for the articulation, they kind of did a botched job of implementing it on their figures between the leg issues and the fact that those original 2009 sculpts were sculpted with a particular pose in mind (you can see it in the way the clothes fold against the body). They look weird in neutral stances, especially the original T2 Arnold figures.

Would it kill them to offer an all new figure like Sarah Connor was last year? Can we get improvements beyond short leg syndrome and a bunch of old heads and hands that are haphazardly thrown into a box?

It's really surprising that NECA doesn't seem to think Kyle Reese is a worthwhile choice for their Ultimate format. 1984 Kyle fits the format perfectly as an easy 3-in-1 figure. All he'd need would be two sleeveless coats, the corresponding arms to go with each coat, a pair of bare arms, the few weapons that he used throughout the movie, and maybe a new head sculpt. Boom - a figure that would inspire plenty of us to buy multiples even if we do already have the prior release. And a Future War Kyle? Can't believe that hasn't already happened, but Randy's responses to every inquiry about a new Kyle makes me wonder if perhaps sales of the first one were too low. Pity if that's the case, but maybe they're just pretending that nothing really new is on the horizon so they can surprise us. I am pretty optimistic that we'll at least see John Conor as part of the anniversary offerings next year and would expect a similar release strategy to what they did with Newt this year - you know, to get all of us in a frenzy to build even more demand for a character who may or may not currently be a poor candidate for retail.

Well, I'm pretty happy with what NECA has done up to now but I definitely see how Alien and Predator get more extensive and better treatment and I get the sense that less will be coming than actually could be. There's still T-800 variants they could do for T1 let alone Ultimate Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor. And things like Cleaved Man T-1000 and Pretzel Man T-1000 seem like no brainers to me and yet I'm not confident that NECA sees it that way.

And I will be bitterly disappointed if John Connor isn't among the 25th anniversary offerings next year considering the Aliens line got Newt. If it doesn't happen then there better be an explanation better than ''wouldn't sell''. It would sell just as well as Newt and could utilise exactly the same strategy to do so.

DiFabio
10-19-2016, 10:55 AM
After seeing NECA Ash vs. the Evil Dead Bruce Campbell Ash figures, I wouldn't even mind all new Arnold and T-1000 figures if they think that's the only thing that sells. The likeness they achieved for Bruce Campbell in those 4 portraits are perfection. The paint apps? Best I've seen for 7" figures.

Those are are on a whole other level and those original T-800s and T-1000s and Kyle Reese from 2009-2011 are dated considerably. Imagine what they would be capable of now, especially when we see figures like Nathan Drake that have double hinged knees and hidden ab crunches under the shirt (something figures like Kyle Reese and Batman have).

I don't see why they wouldn't want to do a cleaved man or Pretzel man T-1000, or jump at making an all new damaged cyberdyne escape/steel mill T-800 atleast (where the hell is that Quarter Scale figure they planned!?).

It sucks that there isn't any enthusiasm for the T1/T2 line. There are so many cool things that they could be popping out. They completely abandoned T2's anniversary this year. There's only two months of 2016 left and they have nothing to show for it. Yeah, T2:3D is happening next year, but even with that Randy stated they're not going to go all out and we'll be seeing "new" figures like this,

Don't get me wrong, I loved these sculpts when they first came out, they were amazing 8 years ago. It's just, you see what they're doing with other licenses and it's a little tough to not want that for the Terminator line too. Something about the posture, shoulders, the bad posture/hunchback and lack of range of the elbows on the original T-800 really bugs me now. It's like they were only sculpted to be posed one way (facing/leaning right, weapon in hand). The sculpt of the clothes, the pose of the hands and the position of the muscles/folds really reflect this.

a-dev
10-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Dayum, I hadn't looked at those Evil Dead figures up close - they do look amazing, definitely a step above the quality of the Terminator line. Note that they're injected flesh tone figures whereas Terminator is all sandpaper-skinned and painted (often sloppily).

I'm sold, they not only could do more for Terminator than it seems they intend but they could do it with improved sculpts and increased quality.

The Clown Prince of Crime
10-19-2016, 12:54 PM
NECA seems to put more of an effort into some licenses because of personal preference, imo.

DiFabio
10-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Definitely.

I don't know why they wouldn't want to put maximum effort into Terminator 1 and 2 though. How could you not love cyborgs and Arnold? Both Ash figures are amazing and quite close to definitive (buy both versions and you have loads of options). The paint and sculpting (heads and bodies) are about as good as it gets in this scale. Terminator deserves better.

I'd love if they revamped the line and did real ultimate figures, starting with the T-800

T1/T2 Endoskeleton

- all new skeleton with ball jointed ab/torso crunch that can be popped on and off
- softer pvc/unglued neck wires and cables so the ball jointed head can actually move and rotate
- x2 plasma rifles
- gripping hands
- fist hands
- severed hands

T2 Arnold (Mall to Pescadero)

- all new sculpt/tooling with super articulated body
- hidden torso ab crunch
- improved elbows
- new sunglasses head
- new clean head
- shotgun w/rose box
- pistol
- knife
- gripping hands
- new fist hands

T2 Arnold (Enrique camp to Cyberdyne)

- same body as above but with grey shirt
- new smirking "trust me" head
- new exposed scalp/chip removable head
- articulated swappable sleeved arms and bare hands (Garage guardian scene/Dyson arm reveal)
- swappable torn off skin endo arm
- bandolier
- minigun
- axe
- glove fist hands
- glove gripping

T2 Arnold (Cyberdyne to Steel Mill)

- same body as above but with damaged torso and knee
- new semi damaged head
- new full battle damaged head
- swappable left arm with severed endo stub
- tear gas launcher (finally)
- grenade launcher
- machine gun
- steel rod
- damaged gloved fists
- gripping hands
- thumbs up hand

And do reuse where applicable (weapons and accessories obviously). Then apply that to 3 T-1000s and Kyle Reese. I'm perfectly content with the Tech Noir figure and Police shootout. It would just be nice to get a new ball jointed torso, better elbows that had more range, some fist hands so he can punch and a new gargoyle sunglasses head.

10-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty great list. It's mind boggling how no one has made a "trust me" face sculpt or the "it's definitely you" smirk :dunno

I recently got the Ultimate Tech Noir and as great as it is, I think the "flesh/sweaty" plastic could work with the T1 Arnie figure because his face often looked glossy in T1.

a-dev
10-19-2016, 02:52 PM
''Injected Flesh Tone'' is what Randy is calling it on twitter so I go with that. And yeah, I regret that we have never seen it - and continue not to see it - with the Terminator line. And for some reason some of the human figures in the Aliens line have it and others don't. I don't get it. Can we pick the superior method and stick with it please? And from what I've seen that's injected flesh tone.

Joda
10-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Honestly as sad as it is, I imagine the sales of Terminator figures aren't great enough to justify a deeper line presence. It's one of NECA's more maligned lines, much like Friday the 13th. (There was a guy on Twitter the other day trying to convince Randy that Roy from Part 5 would be a great hit among "A New Beginning" fans. :rolleyes2 I restrained myself from adding "Yes, all 5 of you." :lol)

a-dev
10-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Honestly as sad as it is, I imagine the sales of Terminator figures aren't great enough to justify a deeper line presence. It's one of NECA's more maligned lines, mush like Friday the 13th. (There was a guy on Twitter the other day trying to convince Randy that Roy from Part 5 would be a great hit among "A New Beginning" fans. :rolleyes2 I restrained myself from adding "Yes, all 5 of you." :lol)

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/Chris-Farley-Smile-to-Shock-Reaction_zpsuw7wq63h.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/Chris-Farley-Smile-to-Shock-Reaction_zpsuw7wq63h.gif.html)

10-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Honestly as sad as it is, I imagine the sales of Terminator figures aren't great enough to justify a deeper line presence. It's one of NECA's more maligned lines, mush like Friday the 13th. (There was a guy on Twitter the other day trying to convince Randy that Roy from Part 5 would be a great hit among "A New Beginning" fans. :rolleyes2 I restrained myself from adding "Yes, all 5 of you." :lol)

I'm number six, I guess :lol

I'll buy every 7 inch Jason. Yes, even Roy. They need to make a part 7 though.

Drone
10-19-2016, 03:59 PM
I'd love if they revamped the line and did real ultimate figures...

Hmmm, didn't even realize that I wanted to see any of those figures re-worked, but yeah, that list shows that there's even more potential for this line than simply tackling the unproduced Kyles, T-1000s, Johns, and Sarahs.

One item that many of us might enjoy adding to our collections if it ever gets made is this diecast Honda CB 750 (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-06749).

The bike is 1/10th scale and is about as close a match as one could hope to the on-screen motorcycle used by the Terminator in the first film. Notice in the 'Related Items' link below that a red version is supposedly on the way as well. The only glaring inaccuracy would then be that it's missing the custom windshield that was used on the movie bike, but I guess accuracy doesn't matter for much if the toy never gets produced. That's the frustrating thing about it. From what I can tell, this bike was first shown back in 2013. I first found out about it roughly a year ago, and at the time it's release date was listed for June of 2016. That release date kept getting pushed forward each month until recently when it became listed as 'TBD', so hopefully this possibility won't be lost forever and the bike one day gets made.

a-dev
10-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Well if that got made I think we could probably find some way to get an appropriate windshield onto it. I'd love to have that plus the correct model police bike for the T-1000. Doesn't seem to exist though.

a-dev
10-22-2016, 08:22 AM
I remember saying I wouldn't bother making the ''teapot'' T-800 with the NECA figures, this

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T1%20stuff/0h87p68ti8ys8hpy_zps60e4499b.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T1%20stuff/0h87p68ti8ys8hpy_zps60e4499b.jpg.html)

because the jacket is supposed to be closed and NECA didn't do a closed jacket sculpt. It just occurred to me though that the jacket should also be closed on the Tanker Truck Pursuit figure and it isn't. Since I deal with that I guess I now have no choice but to buy more figures to make a Teapot T-800.

I may also press ahead and attempt a kitbash of the eye-surgery T-800 out of the spare torso I'd have leftover from the above. It wouldn't be perfect because I'd be using the arms from Dutch which are injected flesh tone and more tanned than the pale-painted T1 headsculpts - and I have no repainting expertise myself to address this. Also Dutch wears a watch on his left arm - maybe I could shave this off. Adding the bandages to the right arm should be easy enough and then I could use the before and after headsculpts of the bleeding closed eye and the exposed endo eye.

Of course, I'd either have to pay aftermarket prices for another Dutch figure to harvest his arms or more likely I'll wait till he gets rereleased by NECA, which apparently he will for Predator's 30th anniversary next year.

DiFabio
10-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Oh, that reminds me. I took pictures of teapot T-800 a couple of days ago. Here a-dev, these are for you.

These two are by far my favorite Arnold Terminator figures.

a-dev
10-23-2016, 08:18 AM
Thanks Difabio, yeah the teapot bash looks cool.

As far as favourites I think I'd nominate the original Pescadero Escape T-800 for T2 and Tech Noir for T1 as the best Arnie Terminator figures from NECA. Special mention also to the eyebrowless sculpt - the one Hot Toys have never made. I love the eyes painted looking to the side (provided you get a half-decent paint job), it really nails it. I wish I had the skill to turn one of those into a T2 head.

this one -

DiFabio
10-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Yeah, that's probably my favorite headsculpt (the eyebrowless, eyes looking to the right head).

It would be much better as a T2 head with longer hair though. That's why overall I prefer the long haired Tech Noir (granted you get one with nice eyes and paint). The Pescadero used to be my favorite, but the more I look at it, the more it's aged. I had the shoulder hunch it has and I think his arms could be a little thinner and have more range of motion (same with the T1 figures). I love the sunglasses head, I just wish the regular ones without the glasses were as good/better.

I wish they'd make an all new T2 Arnold. Assuming the 1/4 is all new and looks great, maybe we could get an all new 7" version, especially if it rocks a mid torso ab crunch joint and double jointed elbows and knees.

a-dev
10-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Yeah, that's probably my favorite headsculpt (the eyebrowless, eyes looking to the right head).

It would be much better as a T2 head with longer hair though. That's why overall I prefer the long haired Tech Noir (granted you get one with nice eyes and paint). The Pescadero used to be my favorite, but the more I look at it, the more it's aged. I had the shoulder hunch it has and I think his arms could be a little thinner and have more range of motion (same with the T1 figures). I love the sunglasses head, I just wish the regular ones without the glasses were as good/better.

I wish they'd make an all new T2 Arnold. Assuming the 1/4 is all new and looks great, maybe we could get an all new 7" version, especially if it rocks a mid torso ab crunch joint and double jointed elbows and knees.

I'd be down for these improvements. Great thing is if they went down this road of proper SA Terminators with not only increased POA (ab-crunch and ball-joint head) but increased range of motion in the elbows for example - it may involve some compromise on the aesthetics - which would be OK because we have the more statue-esque alternatives already.

The T2 heads without sunglasses definitely could be better, thinking more of the clean version but I suppose the BD ones are based on that (?) and maybe could be improved also. Like you I think the sunglasses head still holds up well and that's what I'm thinking of when I use a word like 'best'. But if they were to just keep releasing this head I'd at least like to see it in injected flesh tones.

a-dev
10-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Got 2 of the Ultimate Police Station Assault T-800s today. Not from BBTS. Somehow they still don't have it yet. I got these from a store I use in the UK. I'd be ordering more there and cancel with BBTS but I left it too long and the UK store ran out of stock with my purchase.

Anyway much to my surprise the leg issue either isn't present on these 2 samples or it's much less noticeable than usual, so that's cool. Overall I like the figure. Just my usual criticism of the hair on these sculpts - comparing it to the box image alone you can see it's completely wrong but that's nothing new as it was always wrong on the original release aswell. The guns are bent which seems par for the course with these Ultimate Terminators - unfortunate for anyone who didn't get the originals. The paint is OK but not particularly an improvement on the originals, I was hoping it would be.

By sheer chance I discovered an oddity with one of mine - a left forearm that is not the same sculpt as the forearm on my other sample or on any of the older figures. Whatever figure it came from it works, it looks just like the sleeve of this jacket and is painted accordingly but the folds are different. I don't know how that would have happened with this individual figure.

Anyway, I always seem to underestimate my need to create every possible variant and use every possible weapon - so I'll probably end up buying more of these than originally intended.

DiFabio
10-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Are you sure you didn't just get two of the same arms?

a-dev
10-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Nope. I'm an idiot. I got a figure with 2 right forearms. I thought I had checked that already...and I was sure I did but your post made me look again. 2 right forearms :slap

P.
10-25-2016, 05:31 PM
that's your atonement for having T2 with a face damage on the wrong side.
Neca thought you wouldn't care.

DiFabio
10-25-2016, 05:44 PM
I miss the pissed of Arnold with broken sunglasses and death glare. It was synonymous with a-dev.

a-dev
10-25-2016, 06:00 PM
I could bring that back I suppose since the cartoon image is already in the sig

P.
10-25-2016, 06:01 PM
it won't stop Neca shipping you lefthanded figures from now on.
there is one more wrong image.
it must be destroyed also.

jye4ever
10-25-2016, 06:02 PM
I could bring that back I suppose since the cartoon image is already in the sig

Yes please do bring it back and retire that anime crap asap!

a-dev
10-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Power has been rerouted to old avatar

it won't stop Neca shipping you lefthanded figures from now on.
there is one more wrong image.
it must be destroyed also.

:lol

jye4ever
10-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Ahhhhh....there's our a-dev......like comfort food or a blanket...all is well.

a-dev
10-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Ahhhhh....there's our a-dev......like comfort food or a blanket...all is well.

Michael Jackson turned 40. There was no Judgment Day. People went to work as they always do. They laughed, complained, watched TV, made love. I wanted to run through the street yelling 'a-dev has his old avatar back!' Instead I got drunk.

jye4ever
10-25-2016, 06:27 PM
That's more Pumkinhead Witch than an elderly Sarah Connor.

P.
10-25-2016, 06:30 PM
there was a left-handed figures wave. a few years from now, all this, this whole collecting, everything, it's gone. just gone.
there were normal figures. here, there. nobody even knew who started it.
it was a-dev, a-dev.

rjszar
10-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Finally got notice from BBTS that they are getting the police assault figure.

a-dev
10-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Just checked and me too. Time to decide exactly how many I now want.

Joda
10-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Geez. You guys are making me want to buy one, and I don't even collect Terminator merchandise... :lol

P.
10-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Geez. You guys are making me want to buy one, and I don't even collect Terminator merchandise... :lol
i do, and nothing can make me want to buy any of those terminators :lol

a-dev
11-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Apparently Toy Ark has an Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000. Guess he must be coming out soon then. Looking forward to him now, mainly because I want to customise an Ultimate Steel Mill T-1000. NECA might make that eventually anyway but I am impatient.

DiFabio
11-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Something tells me their waists/torsos aren't going to be compatible.

a-dev
11-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Well I think it's safe to assume that the new legs will be compatible with the torso of one of the previous T-1000s - either the original releases or the last Ultimate. However the colour of the outfit has to match up aswell....and it might not.

Saw you on twitter today asking about 7'' Penguin, Catwoman, 1:4 T-800 etc.

Vector
11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Toyark first look at the Ultimate T-1000 Motorcycle Cop:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/11/04/neca-terminator-2-ultimate-motorcycle-cop-t-1000-toyark-1st-look-gallery-229808

ApeManRyan
11-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Looks sweet. I will be getting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

snoop101
11-04-2016, 07:56 AM
That photo of John is awesome!

Joda
11-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Man - I know he's liquid metal but that face. He either bit into a lemon or got it stuck in a vice... I feel a bit sorry for you Terminator fans. Do you think these figures would all look better with translucent skin tones or are there some that translate better with paint? I wonder if NECA tries both on certain figures to get a better idea. Interesting to think about.

scarrviper
11-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Looks fantastic to me. Very happy to see this version in the ultimate format.

DiFabio
11-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Looks awful to me, easily the worst Ultimate T2 figure. The legs are so short and it doesn't even look like it matches with the upper portion of the figure. He's got a slight bend to his knee since they just reused the sculpt from the old 2011 figure. Doubt that can be adjusted since the joints are in the boot instead. Just doesn't look natural.

The John Connor photo is great though. Best thing about this release.

MaulFan
11-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Man - I know he's liquid metal but that face. He either bit into a lemon or got it stuck in a vice... I feel a bit sorry for you Terminator fans. Do you think these figures would all look better with translucent skin tones or are there some that translate better with paint? I wonder if NECA tries both on certain figures to get a better idea. Interesting to think about.

I think NECA is trying to keep consistent in overall quality with the original Terminator figures so anyone buying these to mix them into those collections will not have some figures stand out. Even the Genesis figures looks mostly like older Terminator figures and just have extra articulation.

FriendlyPiranha
11-04-2016, 11:06 AM
The legs are so short and it doesn't even look like it matches with the upper portion of the figure. Just doesn't look natural.

I thought they cannot screw this up any worse than the first Ultimate T-1000... Boy, I was wrong. Robert Patrick doesn't have the longest legs but these look silly. They don't even match the height of the old figures with their legs flexed.

a-dev
11-04-2016, 11:07 AM
I don't think I'd be as harsh as DiFabio towards it but Christ, how is it possible that he looks to be even shorter than the non-helmeted Ultimate T-1000s?! - who are both already quite short.

I mean I'll take what we're being given but it's disappointing that these Ultimates have for some reason determined that the T-800 and T-1000 be shorter than the original releases.

a-dev
11-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I thought they cannot screw this up any worse than the first Ultimate T-1000... Boy, I was wrong. Robert Patrick doesn't have the longest legs but these look silly. They don't even match the height of the old figures with their legs flexed.

This one is going to be a dwarf standing next to the original Motorcycle Cop figure.

holtrax
11-04-2016, 12:14 PM
tiny - 1000

DiFabio
11-04-2016, 01:07 PM
I don't even think I'm being harsh here. It looks ugly as hell. The proportions make him look like an ape. It just isn't right. The boots and helmet alone would give him a lift over how he looks as a standard patrol man. This was evident with the older NECA figure and the Hot Toys one.

This thing is a quick after thought. The pelvis, legs and boots should be longer. What hurts it even more is that the top half from the original T-1000 doesn't even match and is clearly too big for the hips and legs. It's like the top half of him is 1/12 and the bottom half is 1/13. It's a mess.

a-dev
11-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Twitter patrol, get on the horn and find out why the hell we're getting Terminator figures with Dwarfism!

DiFabio
11-04-2016, 01:27 PM
And get eaten alive by he NECA fanboy twitter brigade? No way. :lol

a-dev
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
I guess we'll just count you out of everything then Hudson!

Vector
11-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Speaking of Hudson. Fun movie fact that I didn't realize consciously until I saw this:

holtrax
11-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Speaking of Hudson. Fun movie fact that I didn't realize consciously until I saw this:

Thats all part of the legend that is bill paxton!

a-dev
11-04-2016, 01:50 PM
The problem with talking to Randy on twitter is that damn word count limit. You can't preface your criticism with an initial praise and gratitude for everything they've done - which might avert the pitchfork reaction from the aforementioned fanboy brigade.

FriendlyPiranha
11-04-2016, 02:30 PM
I mean I'll take what we're being given but it's disappointing that these Ultimates have for some reason determined that the T-800 and T-1000 be shorter than the original releases.

I refuse to put money in Randy's pockets just because I love this movie and I love action figures. I don't think they respect me enough as a customer. If he exhibited a little less ignorance and looked few seconds over these discussion he would have known better already, not to repeat the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

S. Griffin
11-04-2016, 04:14 PM
The problem with talking to Randy on twitter is that damn word count limit. You can't preface your criticism with an initial praise and gratitude for everything they've done - which might avert the pitchfork reaction from the aforementioned fanboy brigade.

I think I've managed to do that in the past. Still got blocked and harassed.

scarrviper
11-04-2016, 05:31 PM
I did not notice the height discrepancy until you guys brought it up. That does kinda suck that he's not quite in scale with the others.

I'll still pick him up since I don't have the original release, but it's a little sad. As for him being an afterthought, if I remember correctly, Neca wasn't originally planning on making this one, but the fans asked for it enough so they changed their mind, or something like that.

I will say that I do like how the paintjob look a lot cleaner than the old one, and I like the blue they went with for the uniform. Plus I'm glad they included both trigger hands and that split open head that was missing from the regular ultimate t-1000.

Cr00ky
11-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Lance Henriksen is also a member of that very exclusive club...

a-dev
11-04-2016, 06:16 PM
I refuse to put money in Randy's pockets just because I love this movie and I love action figures. I don't think they respect me enough as a customer. If he exhibited a little less ignorance and looked few seconds over these discussion he would have known better already, not to repeat the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

I'm just not that principled. :lol I need a fix of some sort as I collect ****-all these days and no one else is making Terminator anymore.

I think I've managed to do that in the past. Still got blocked and harassed.

Well lets not bother with that then.

Lance Henriksen is also a member of that very exclusive club...

If only they'd been part of Clarence Boddicker's gang they could have been killed by Robocop aswell.

11-04-2016, 07:29 PM

The new helmetless sculpt looks weird. The previous sculpt looked better for some reason.

DiFabio
11-04-2016, 07:34 PM
The new helmetless sculpt looks weird. The previous sculpt looked better for some reason.

It's the 5th time that sculpt has been reused and it's painted poorly. Not as bad as the one that was on the Steel Mill T-1000 a few years ago, but pretty close. I'm sure there has been degradation, this happened with the Star Wars figures that Hasbro would constantly rerelease. After awhile even the best mold looked like crap.

Best regular headsculpts as far as mold, flashing, QC and paint apps is the Ultimate T-1000 imo. They painted the eyes really well on that one.

I'm just not that principled. :lol I need a fix of some sort as I collect ****-all these days and no one else is making Terminator anymore.

I'm surprised you're not as bothered by this as I am a-dev. I want to buy as much T1 and T2 stuff as I can because I'm in the same boat as you, but I have zero enthusiasm for this one. I'm the kind of guy that would have bought multiples of this too to have a Steel Mill version. Now? I don't think I could even be fussed with one of them. It's such an ugly looking figure.

The original is way better as far as proportions go. Sucks that he's in a non-neutral stance though. I'll take this one over that ones inhuman anatomy though.

a-dev
11-04-2016, 08:02 PM
I don't disagree with that and it does bother me. My being bothered will manifest - as it always has - by me still buying the stuff and just complaining about it every few weeks or months. :lol

I wonder if there's a mod we could do to bring the legs further down out of the pelvis part. Although even if that would work the thought of having to do it to multiple figures :slap

DiFabio
11-04-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't see how they weren't taking these issues into account when they were designing the lower half. The legs are literally all they had to get right for this release, that's it. Everything else was already made and developed. I really don't think we're being nitpicky jerks about this either. I just don't feel any love or craftsmanship in these Terminator releases they have been doing, it's just not there. They're already saving so much on the tooling that it's kind of insulting that they can't get the legs and proportions right.

a-dev
11-04-2016, 08:51 PM
The phrase 'giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other' comes to mind with the Ultimate Terminators.

It's quite something that they managed to make a T-1000 who is wearing boots and a helmet shorter than the already short Galleria version. I really didn't see that coming.

Yeah I think I'm gonna see if there's any customising that could be done here.

Caped Baldy
12-01-2016, 12:33 PM
"Very exciting product offerings next week including new items from T2 and a surprise return of something you didn't think would happen..." - NECA

Naked Arnie confirmed! :lecture

MaulFan
12-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Cinemachines most likely.

a-dev
12-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Ooooooh!! Exciting.

Wonder what the surprise return is....12'' figures?

Cinemachines most likely.

Actually that's probably right, I did recently see a tweet saying that the next series of those would be announced in the coming weeks.

Hope there's also some new figures though :pray:

Heck here's a tweet about the cinemachines

Wave 3 is coming, Terminator based - 2 vehicles. offer soon

Staps1138
12-01-2016, 12:55 PM
A-Dev I'm hoping there's a John Connor reveal for you and all of us next week. Fingers crossed!

Ooooooh!! Exciting.

Wonder what the surprise return is....12'' figures?

Actually that's probably right, I did recently see a tweet saying that the next series of those would be announced in the coming weeks.

Hope there's also some new figures though :pray:

Heck here's a tweet about the cinemachines

DiFabio
12-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Not gonna get my hopes up.

12-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Probably the T2 with the box of roses and the never before thing might not even be T2 related.

DiFabio
12-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Yeah the latter seems to mean it could be from anything.

a-dev
12-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Rereading the tweet, and coupled with the other one I quoted, I have to agree with you guys - it's probably just the formal announcement and preorder for the T2 cinemachines rather than any new figures. Consider me pre-disappointed :lol ( :banghead )

The returning thing.....all the Lost Predators in one or 2 multipacks?

jye4ever
12-01-2016, 05:22 PM
1/4 Terminator.

P.
12-01-2016, 06:25 PM
1/4 Terminator.
per year.

Alice
12-01-2016, 09:22 PM
per year.

P.
12-01-2016, 09:35 PM
didn't think of any reply in 15 minutes, i give up.

ApeManRyan
12-02-2016, 04:51 AM
I guess we will see about that announcement but I just ordered the Ultimate T-1000 Cop version off of Neca's eBay store. Should be here soon. I'm hoping to get a review out for you guys but it's been hectic on my part.

Staps1138
12-02-2016, 06:53 AM
I guess we will see about that announcement but I just ordered the Ultimate T-1000 Cop version off of Neca's eBay store. Should be here soon. I'm hoping to get a review out for you guys but it's been hectic on my part.

I was going to buy the ultimate T1000 from Neca until I saw the $10.99 shipping charge so instead I'll wait until TRU.com gets them with free but much slower shipping:(. Any body else put off with their shipping charges?

a-dev
12-02-2016, 06:59 AM
Yeah, pretty much anyone outside the US is put off by them. :lol I did order Vasquez and Frost but the more I've thought about it the more I really resent the so called 'import fees'. For 2 damn NECA figures there shouldn't be any.

ApeManRyan
12-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Yeah it sucks for you guys overseas to get it shipped out. I do agree $10 is dumb but I want to be apart of the first to get it in and review it for you guys. Not a big deal honestly since it isn't super high priced.

jye4ever
12-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Yeah, pretty much anyone outside the US is put off by them. :lol I did order Vasquez and Frost but the more I've thought about it the more I really resent the so called 'import fees'. For 2 damn NECA figures there shouldn't be any.

House next to me is for sale come be my neighbor.

No import fees.

Staps1138
12-02-2016, 07:19 AM

Yea, I probably shouldn't even complain at all knowing what our fellow collectors outside the US have to put up with in terms of shipping and other charges just to get these figs.

a-dev
12-02-2016, 07:24 AM
House next to me is for sale come be my neighbor.

No import fees.

I'd miss my island too much, heck I don't even like going on holiday. :lol

jye4ever
12-02-2016, 07:48 AM
I'd miss my island too much, heck I don't even like going on holiday. :lol

You're better off there....

a-dev, the possibility of successfully not getting shot here is approximately 3,720 to 1...and if you do get shot DiFabio says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1.

Actually, DiFabio has been known to make mistakes... from time to time... Oh dear...

a-dev
12-02-2016, 07:50 AM
:lol :lol :lol :exactly:

a-dev
12-02-2016, 08:18 AM
You're better off there....

a-dev, the possibility of successfully not getting shot here is approximately 3,720 to 1...and if you do get shot DiFabio says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1.

Actually, DiFabio has been known to make mistakes... from time to time... Oh dear...

I'm gonna go with an alternative ESB reference

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2016-12-02-15h14m00s153_zps0sj2ioei.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/vlcsnap-2016-12-02-15h14m00s153_zps0sj2ioei.png.html)

jye4ever
12-02-2016, 09:03 AM
perfect lololol

DiFabio
12-02-2016, 10:33 AM
My prediction.

T2 are the new wave of cinemachines and the second part of something returning is completely unrelated to Terminator.

RIDDICK
12-02-2016, 10:39 AM
*walks into a Terminator thread under Aliens 'n Robots section...
... sees a bunch of star whores references
... walks out*

a-dev
12-02-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm buying the cinemachines but if I'm honest I've not felt tremendously excited about them. You just put them on the shelf and it's done. Sorta like statues.

DiFabio
12-02-2016, 10:44 AM
*pushes up glasses*

It's actually Empire Strikes Back, RIDDICK

*sucks inhaler*

*proceeds to take chicken nugget out of pocket*

*plays with new Rogue One doll*

*dies*

RIDDICK
12-02-2016, 10:47 AM
*proceeds to take chicken nugget out of pocket*
*plays with new Rogue One doll*
No, that's not true...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBWxiu5cOo

DiFabio
12-02-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm buying the cinemachines but if I'm honest I've not felt tremendously excited about them. You just put them on the shelf and it's done. Sorta like statues.

I like both Hunter Killers. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about them either (or cinemachines as a whole), but I'll take what I can get when it comes to NECA Terminator, especially since I'm passing on Motrocycle Cop T-1000.

The treading for the ground HK could be cool. I still have my skull base from the cult classics Endo, so I'm think Incould get my two best Endos on that base in the foreground with the Hunter Killers in the background and have something cool.

I just wish we'd get some actual new figures, either 7" (John Connor, Kyle, T1 Sarah, a NEW T-1000 or Uncle Bob) or 18" (Arnold).

rjszar
12-02-2016, 01:46 PM
I just wish we'd get some actual new figures, either 7" (John Connor, Kyle, T1 Sarah, a NEW T-1000 or Uncle Bob) or 18" (Arnold).

They just aren't going to do them. I could lend them my custom T1 Sarah to copy, and they still wouldn't do her.

DiFabio
12-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I know.

a-dev
12-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Prove us wrong NECA. Prove us so very wrong.

a-dev
12-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Interesting

Randy - Later this week solicitations to retailers will go out for new T2 items including #cinemachines

New T2 items 'including' cinemachines would seem to suggest that there'll be other T2 items.....

12-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Items, meaning several things. Interesting, maybe the T 800 with the rose box and a 1/4 figure.

MaulFan
12-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Forgot about roaebox T-800.

a-dev
12-07-2016, 10:14 AM
The new T2 offerings are going out to retailers later today so stay tuned for that
#cinemachines and more!

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/giphy_zps0wp8t6ns.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/giphy_zps0wp8t6ns.gif.html)

ApeManRyan
12-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Let's see what we get.

a-dev
12-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Cinemachines and the Rosebox T-800 have been shown on twitter.

ApeManRyan
12-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Got in my ultimate motorcycle cop T-1000. No time to open at the moment since I have to go to work but I will open him later and review will be posted tomorrow for sure.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/7f3bcfdc2e5679115d6d569e49025e63.jpg

DiFabio
12-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Cinemachines and the Rosebox T-800 have been shown on twitter.

And it's nothing new, nor anything we haven't seen before. Maaaan.

a-dev
12-07-2016, 12:53 PM

Yup. I still feel some sort of hope - we haven't yet seen whatever that endo-arm in the tube comes with. It makes sense as an accessory with John Connor....but is not now the time to reveal that?

Anyway here's the admittedly cool shots of the Rosebox figure

http://necaonline.com/2016/12/terminator-2-7-scale-action-figure-t-800-25th-anniversary-3d-release/?utm_campaign=terminator3Dprodpage&utm_source=necaIGFB&utm_medium=social

And the Tank HK
http://necaonline.com/2016/12/cinemachines-die-cast-collectibles-terminator-2-hunter-killer-tank/?utm_campaign=T2hunterkillertankprodpage&utm_source=necaIGFB&utm_medium=social

Flying HK
http://necaonline.com/2016/12/cinemachines-die-cast-collectibles-terminator-2-hunter-killer-aerial/?utm_campaign=T2hunterkillerplaneprodpage&utm_source=necaIGFB&utm_medium=social

Got in my ultimate motorcycle cop T-1000. No time to open at the moment since I have to go to work but I will open him later and review will be posted tomorrow for sure.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/7f3bcfdc2e5679115d6d569e49025e63.jpg

Thanks man, looking forward to that.

TooNiche
12-07-2016, 01:30 PM

Yep. Severely unwhelming. And, considering the rose box is the new thing, it doesn't even have any roses in it.

12-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Any ideas as to what the surprise return might be?

DiFabio
12-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Any ideas as to what the surprise return might be?

Nothing good.

The Skull
12-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Yeah this on face book

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15355623_1586761351338922_6247598524109369093_n.jp g?oh=453dbd2fd8d7da9af79cfa14c4d50cfa&oe=58B0B6B0

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15327256_1586761371338920_113509366298857333_n.jpg ?oh=7e7346f5b911f3e0681d7c6f38068067&oe=58C4AE6D

a-dev
12-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Definitely should have at least come with roses for the rosebox (that didn't go without saying?) and interchangeable hands that look more convincing actually holding the rosebox.

P.
12-07-2016, 03:01 PM
why does it have bullet holes in its jacket?

https://elearningindustry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Top-10-Reasons-Why-LMS-Implementation-Fail.png

And the Tank HK
http://necaonline.com/2016/12/cinemachines-die-cast-collectibles-terminator-2-hunter-killer-tank/?utm_campaign=T2hunterkillertankprodpage&utm_source=necaIGFB&utm_medium=social

they turned the "head", it's not upside down anymore. they still attached the "body" to the middle of track platrofm instead of the front, where there is a specific nest for it.

https://elearningindustry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Top-10-Reasons-Why-LMS-Implementation-Fail.png

aaand the "hands" remained attached to the platform, too, instead of the "body".

it's a pity, because i hoped so much to buy it.

The Skull
12-07-2016, 03:07 PM
It is way to much rehashing of figures on Neca's part, its cool there is a company still making Terminator toys for retail at this point, the franchise is nearly destroyed but come on already, I'm not mad, that's why I just cherry pick the line.

P.
12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
It is way to much rehashing of figures on Neca's parttheir engineer doesn't study the material and kills what their sculptor makes.
their sculptor has no saying in it.
their supervisor doesn't do his job.
so the tank is ruined and has no value.

S. Griffin
12-07-2016, 03:59 PM
they turned the "head", it's not upside down anymore. they still attached the "body" to the middle of track platrofm instead of the front, where there is a specific nest for it.

aaand the "hands" remained attached to the platform, too, instead of the "body".

it's a pity, because i hoped so much to buy it.
I saw several people point this out to Randy Falk on Twitter over the last year before he insulted, blocked, and sicked his dudebro fanboy followers on them. Of course they didn't fix it.

their engineer doesn't study the material and kills what their sculptor makes.
their sculptor has no saying in it.
their supervisor doesn't do his job.
so the tank is ruined and has no value.

It's pretty obvious that management over there is more concerned with whether than can make something than with how well or how accurate they make something.

P.
12-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I saw several people point this out to Randy Falk on Twitter over the last year before he insulted, blocked, and sicked his dudebro fanboy followers on them. Of course they didn't fix it.
well, just as i thought!
sculptor has no saying, engineers have no clue, director has no interest.
i wonder though if the tank is actually fixed long ago, and they put old wrong photos today specifically to troll everybody.

a-dev
12-07-2016, 06:42 PM
While the lack of John Connor continues to annoy - seriously NECA you can't make Newt but not John Connor, it's just not right and it makes no sense. There'll never be a better time to get him out there than an official theatrical rerelease of the film..*breath*... I will nevertheless probably be buying multiples of that T-800 for customs and kitbashes. I've got a few variants that would benefit from wider stance action poses and so these legs will be needed.

DiFabio
12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
That T-800 above was great in 2009, but it's dated and wonky compared to what they can achieve now. The reuse in this line actually kind of horrible. I don't see how Randy can post that and act proud of it or promote it as something exciting. If you look, even the package looks generic and third rate.

It wouldn't be hard to atleast engineer and tool new swappable hands, but I guess that would mean a little effort to actually sculpt some fists. Really no excuse when he has balljoints. For the past year their Terminator offerings have been nothing special.

Thing that gets me is they'll trash on Mattel, Hasbro and other companies, but when you look at their Terminator line, they're essentially doing the same crap. The only reason these are the best figures is because they're the only figures.

I will nevertheless probably be buying multiples of that T-800 for customs and kitbashes. I've got a few variants that would benefit from wider stance action poses and so these legs will be needed.

You and I have bought enough of this sculpt. Think of how many times over we've bought these, and in multiples. :lol

I can't support this T-800 or the Motorcycle T-1000, it's just insulting. When you break them down, the new legs we waited 7 years to get aren't even that good.

GasparZizou
12-07-2016, 07:08 PM
At first I wanted to buy it but it's not worth it just for the roses :lol

#Brian
12-07-2016, 07:13 PM
They are good for holding extra Hot Toys heads.

a-dev
12-07-2016, 07:19 PM
You and I have bought enough of this sculpt. Think of how many times over we've bought these, and in multiples. :lol

It is...too late..for me DiFabio

DiFabio
12-07-2016, 07:29 PM
They are good for holding extra Hot Toys heads.

Those actually look really cool. Like articulated head knockers. Don't give NECA any ideas though.

It is...too late..for me DiFabio

Please, God, no more Vader images! Every time I see him I think of minutia like tunics, shoulder armor, chest boxes, buttons, etc.

But seriously, I know you feel the same way I do. It ain't fun buying these half assed rehashes they do. I keep looking at the NECA Terminator collection I amassed (including all those broken T-1000s that are buried at a garbage dump somewhere) and I'm not thinking too highly of it overall. Got a few gems in there, but man, it's getting harder and harder to look at it fondly or buy something and have fun with it.

The Tech Noir Ultimate was a fun release, but that's about it.

The Skull
12-07-2016, 08:14 PM
But seriously, I know you feel the same way I do. It ain't fun buying these half assed rehashes they do. I keep looking at the NECA Terminator collection I amassed (including all those broken T-1000s that are buried at a garbage dump somewhere) and I'm not thinking too highly of it overall. Got a few gems in there, but man, it's getting harder and harder to look at it fondly or buy something and have fun with it.

I have only been picking them up at random over the years, most of which I just left on card, I just picked up the ultimate Police Shootout/tanker version last week and I just put that ultimate Tech Noir in my Pile of Loot tonight

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5497/31324826102_fc166971ae_b.jpg

12-07-2016, 08:29 PM
At first I wanted to buy it but it's not worth it just for the roses :lol

True, but I will probably get him because of the black shirt and gloveless hands :gah:

I'm passing on the Bike cop T1000.

maybe

GasparZizou
12-07-2016, 08:35 PM
True, but I will probably get him because of the black shirt and gloveless hands :gah:

I'm passing on the Bike cop T1000.

maybe
It's really hard because of that for me too. I already have 2 of the previous version, but this is the cool one :lol

12-07-2016, 08:45 PM
It's really hard because of that for me too. I already have 2 of the previous version, but this is the cool one :lol

Yeah, you should go for it then :lol

Unless you do a custom job on one of your ultimate figures. Paint the shirt black and paint the gloves to match the face. You always have that option.

If I had two ultimate figures, I'd do that instead of buying this "new" one, but I only have one.

GasparZizou
12-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah, you go for it then :lol

Unless you do a custom job on one of your ultimate figures. Paint the shirt black and paint the gloves to match the face. You always have that option.
Yeah I'm probably gonna end up doing it and selling the others, will see reviews first.

But who am I kidding, I'll get it, I haven't got Sarah yet :slap, shame on me.

a-dev
12-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Those actually look really cool. Like articulated head knockers. Don't give NECA any ideas though.

Please, God, no more Vader images! Every time I see him I think of minutia like tunics, shoulder armor, chest boxes, buttons, etc.

I can't say I feel exactly the same. I don't suddenly think everything I have is ***t or anything, in fact my enjoyment of it had a resurgence in recent times what with Hot Toys ceasing to make anything I really care about post-Robocop. If the line had finished years ago and they never started making the ultimates we wouldn't even be talking about this. It's only the fact that there's new stuff (that isn't as new as it could be) and that's mildly frustrating. More frustrating is things that are actual downgrades - like the proportions on both the T-1000 figures. But we did get Sarah Connor from the line coming back and if they make John Connor then I can't say I'll be thinking much about T-1000's with short legs or a lack of alternate hands. That damn endo-arm tube accessory...John Connor...

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2016-12-08-04h06m42s151_zpsrszhootz.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/vlcsnap-2016-12-08-04h06m42s151_zpsrszhootz.png.html)

12-07-2016, 09:25 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/vlcsnap-2016-12-08-04h06m42s151_zpsrszhootz.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/vlcsnap-2016-12-08-04h06m42s151_zpsrszhootz.png.html)

Miles Dyson!!! Neca is gonna blow him away!! Come on! Come on (awkward puberty voice crack)!! :panic:

http://i.imgur.com/Vnsrjsl.jpg

DiFabio
12-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Yeah, but a-dev, other than Ultimate Sarah Connor what new things have they made? :lol

And you don't ever look at your collection and think, "what the hell was I doing with that purchase", even with all the Arnold and T-1000s you bought? Here's an example that isn't "I went back and found my Terminator figure detoriated and fell apart". The Ultimate Tech Noir T-800. Once I got that, I looked back at the older 2011 lower body statue ones I had and just couldn't look at them. The paint jobs on some of those older figures were so bad, even if you went out of your way to pick out the best ones. Then even newer releases are just straight up crap. What's good about the Ultimate T2 T-800? The cartoony paint apps where he has pastel lips and bright hair? The rubbery weapons? The incompatible heads you get? Like I see Randy dogging at people for not understanding what the Ultimate line means when they ask for Dutch and stuff, but looking back at that first Ultimate T-800, I'm not sure they know what it means either. :lol

It's the same stuff we've talked about ad nauseum. I guess what I kind of want to say here is that their Terminator line overall is kinda crap. There's so much potential (they have/had great sculptors on this line). If they just tried a little harder these releases could be so much better. But here we are, trying to muster excitement for another two lame T-800 and T-1000 rehashes. That shouldn't be the case when you have perfect figures like the Evil Dead TV show Ash.

With that said, there are some really nice figure in the line. Looking at my shelf right now, my favorites are,

- original Pescadero T-800 from 2009
- final battle T-800
- my Steel Mill T-800 that I swapped the legs with the Ultimate body for a cyberdyne shootout look
- Sarah Connor
- Ultimate T-1000 (I added the original sauce head from my old broken ones and it looks great)
- Ultimate Tech Noir T-800
- that teapot T-800 I kitbashed

But then I look at all their crappy fragile Endos, that ugly blue Motorcycle T-1000 with the pretzel salt on it, their Kyle Reese, the Ultimate figure leg length issues and all the rehashes and I think, "this line is kinda ****". The bad outweighs the good.

Somebody should list how much reuse NECA has actually gotten from some of these molds and how little new things they've actually produced. I'm sure the list is quite overwhelming. I look at that "new" Rose box T-800 and I just think of how many times they've used that sunglasses head, the regular head, the upper shirt torso with the rubbery jacket and arms along with that shot gun and pistol. I know it's *only* been 8 years, but looking at that thing is like looking at a rerelease Vintage figure at this point. Not to mention that's what we should have gotten back then in 2009 anyway (their video game figures from that time had ball jointed hips, knees and feet).

a-dev
12-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Miles Dyson!!! Neca is gonna blow him away!! Come on! Come on (awkward puberty voice crack)!! :panic:

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, but a-dev, other than Ultimate Sarah Connor what new things have they made? :lol

Well sure, nothing else entirely new...yet. Of course if John Connor, T1 Sarah, different versions of Kyle Reese, unmade variants of T1 T-800 ultimately never do get made then you shall be vindicated on this. But in the brave new world where we got a Newt action figure I can't accept that John won't be made, not while they're releasing at least something. Consider Hot Toys, they're not releasing any new classic Terminator stuff currently so it's fair to say they're not suddenly going to drop a T2 John Connor on us. A figure like that has to come out during a hype period, piggybacking on other more marketable figures from the same film. We know well enough to have zero hope of Hot Toys making JC - the line is dead to them. Not so with NECA right now. As long as they're making anything there's a chance.

And you don't ever look at your collection and think, "what the hell was I doing with that purchase", even with all the Arnold and T-1000s you bought?

During my most extreme Hot Toys phase yes I did look at my NECA collection and deem that I had over-purchased. However now it has reversed if anything. It's the Hot Toys stuff that I've looked at and considered trying to sell some of it off. ''Why did I bother setting up that version, without a diorama it's not much to look at and I'm probably never going to have a diorama for it, they're too space consuming and too expensive at 1:6'' etc etc Also, I'm finding the flaws on Hot Toys sculpts less easily excusable than those on NECA figures. With the bigger scale and the capability of being more lifelike it becomes a case of ''so close but so far'' when they get something wrong which is an annoying pr*cktease of a situation.

Here's an example that isn't "I went back and found my Terminator figure detoriated and fell apart". The Ultimate Tech Noir T-800. Once I got that, I looked back at the older 2011 lower body statue ones I had and just couldn't look at them. The paint jobs on some of those older figures were so bad, even if you went out of your way to pick out the best ones. Then even newer releases are just straight up crap.

In a way I don't regret that we didn't get the articulated figures in the first place because instead I get to say I have my pick from both worlds - the statue-esque figures with the more seamless aesthetic or the more fun (but not without drawbacks) articulated ones. Those old T1 legs? Love those. They weren't appropriate for every scene but they were nice beefy legs. I look at the new ones and as well as being shorter they look kinda wimpier aswell. I feel like they narrowed the thighs, even gave him a flat arse on the newer figures - plus the T1s now have a severe case of diaper going on - you can see the balljoint too much, the separation is too obvious. The long jacket of the Tech Noir hides this better than the Ultimate Police Shootout figure. Anyway the main point I'm making there is no, I don't look back on any of the earlier figures as a waste. Those initial T-1000s are probably the closest thing to that - merely for the fact they crumbled to pieces.

But at least in some cases there have been salvageable situations from all the rereleasing. You have a wider choice of paintjobs. Those early T1s did have some terrible paint jobs as you mentioned, but I was able to replace all those heads with superior painted Ultimate versions. Granted that didn't hold true for the Ultimate Uncle Bob (again as you mentioned - bad paint on that one) or the Ultimate T-1000 - I kept using the older heads for those. Oh and I've so far found the guns and accessories from all the ultimates pretty useless, warped beyond repair. Its a bummer for people who're completely relying on the Ultimates but I'm alright Jack because I have the originals too.

And honestly I've gotten a certain satisfaction in gathering the best parts and paintjobs from across the spectrum to assemble my definitive collection.

With that said, there are some really nice figure in the line. Looking at my shelf right now, my favorites are,

- original Pescadero T-800 from 2009
- final battle T-800
- my Steel Mill T-800 that I swapped the legs with the Ultimate body for a cyberdyne shootout look
- Sarah Connor
- Ultimate T-1000 (I added the original sauce head from my old broken ones and it looks great)
- Ultimate Tech Noir T-800
- that teapot T-800 I kitbashed

But then I look at all their crappy fragile Endos, that ugly blue Motorcycle T-1000 with the pretzel salt on it, their Kyle Reese, the Ultimate figure leg length issues and all the rehashes and I think, "this line is kinda ****". The bad outweighs the good.

I also love the original Motorcycle Cop T-1000, Steel Mill T-1000 (particularly if you ever got one with straight stabbing fingers and a decent approximation of the liquid metal chrome for the donut head), I love my Cyberdyne T-800 reloading his McFarlane M79, my Man or Machine figure with my own customised endo-arm, my T-800 on Harley - I know not all of this is entirely stock NECA,

Individual releases could be better, it's true. But if you've been collecting this stuff since the McFarlane movie Maniacs and NECA's cult classics all the way up to present - it is possible to have a pretty damn incredible collection the likes of which we could only dream of as kids when we had to force ourselves to like Kenner's made-up nonsense.

TLDR: I agree with you on individual points - what was/is disappointing, what should have been better, what accessories should have come with this and so on. I dunno, it's just that all that stuff doesn't quite give me the damning outlook you seem to have now for the line as a whole. But I must admit, if they never make John Connor it may sour me a bit. I will be pissed right off, I just won't be able to help it. They made Newt. She's less important in her respective film than JC is in his. Failure to make him now would be a snub to Terminator. The excuse in that eventuality had better not be anything to do with demand, it better be something to do with Edward Furlong or Public Enemy. I refuse to believe he wouldn't sell just the same as Newt.

DiFabio
12-08-2016, 12:48 AM
I think we'll see John. They said they're not doing Terminator accessory packs because "Terminator doesn't have anything that fits for an accessory pack", so what else could that Endo arm and glass tube go with.

If they don't do atleast John, that wouldn't make any sense. I could see not doing a "new" Reese or whatever, but John is like the last thing that needs to be done at a time where they're not making anything new. He's got to be happening.

I hope if they do him he looks good. I don't like how poorly painted Newt is. She's so rough that she looks like a scratch built custom.

ApeManRyan
12-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Alright all review is up. Quick thoughts before you guys watch it. I really go into depth in the review since there is no information out there on this new Motorcycle T-1000 Cop. Overall it's a good addition to my Terminator Collection. Yes it's a reuse except the new articulated legs. I do have some minor nitpicks I mention in the video. The second Patrick sculpt mine is painted really orange and looks like he's got a tan, some minor nicks on some of the accessories, warped liquid fingers and he may be a bit shorter then the previous release. I specify all of this in the review but honestly it's my favorite of the 2 even with some of the issues and all accessories can be used with both. Enjoy the review and hope it clarifies some things for you guys if you decide to buy one. I got mine from Neca and paid a bit more. The head paint issue I'm not sure if all of yours will be like that but mine came that way so I guess let us know if yours does. Enjoy!

Ryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Mowx3FsLs

DiFabio
12-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Nice review, that was quick.

He is shorter. The reason being is the legs, they're too short and they didn't take into account the lower limbs with the proportions of the original's upper torso. Between the helmet and boots, he should atleast be slightly taller than the original police cop. The older one from 2011 was the same but didn't have articulated hips or ankles. It was the right height and had great, natural proportions though.

ApeManRyan
12-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Nice review, that was quick.

He is shorter. The reason being is the legs, they're too short and they didn't take into account the lower limbs with the proportions of the original's upper torso. Between the helmet and boots, he should atleast be slightly taller than the original police cop. The older one from 2011 was the same but didn't have articulated hips or ankles. It was the right height and had great, natural proportions though.
Thanks man that makes sense too.

12-08-2016, 04:46 PM
There's so much potential (they have/had great sculptors on this line). If they just tried a little harder these releases could be so much better. But here we are, trying to muster excitement for another two lame T-800 and T-1000 rehashes. That shouldn't be the case when you have perfect figures like the Evil Dead TV show Ash.

The new Ash is very impressive, but even new NECA figures are hit and miss. The Genesis figures don't look that much better than the T2 or T1 figures. Even the likeness of the new Ripley figures are not that great. Maybe a new T2 and T1 line could look a lot better, if we look at Dutch as a possible example, but I don't know that the upgrade or improvement would be so drastic for NECA to bother remaking all those figures that people already own. Not to mention all the Chinese bootleg figures on ebay as another option.

jye4ever
12-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Just give the Terminator license to Mezco already.

DiFabio
12-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Or let A-dev and me come to New Jersey and be the lead project managers on the Terminator line over at NECA.

12-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Just give the Terminator license to Mezco already.

That would be interesting, but 1/12 clothing is risky. I'd like to see SH figuarts give it a shot, not just because of the 3D printing technique, but because of the accessories and articulation. :D

jye4ever
12-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Or let A-dev and me come to New Jersey and be the lead project managers on the Terminator line over at NECA.

I would certainly see you and a-dev alot since those Neca bois are always hanging out at the theater near me.

Randy is always grumpy :lol

That would be interesting, but 1/12 clothing is risky. I'd like to see SH figuarts give it a shot, not just because of the 3D printing technique, but because of the accessories and articulation. :D

I saw that Mezco Cap posed next to every other 6" plastic Cap figure and it made them all look like crap lol.

I'm getting tired of Neca's quality. Every 1/4 figure I have from them has an issue.

12-08-2016, 05:20 PM
I saw that Mezco Cap posed next to every other 6" plastic Cap figure and it made them all look like crap lol.

I'm getting tired of Neca's quality. Every 1/4 figure I have from them has an issue.

Neca's QC is problematic regardless of scale. I saw their Batman Begins 7 inch figures on TRU, and they all had major issues.

I have the Mezco TDKR figures, and they're good, but some aren't as great, IMO. The new Frankenstein's outfit doesn't look too good, and their Dredd figures, although nice looking, the articulation is very limited and the outfit looks a bit awkward, IMO.

Are you getting the 1/4 neca TMNT figures? They look amazing.

DiFabio
12-08-2016, 05:31 PM
SH figuarts Terminator figures could be pretty awesome. They'd be kinda small but atleast they could hold guns properly and look good doing it. The elbows on the Arnold T-800s really hurt the figures. Something like the police shootout should really be able to hold those guns like he did in the film without popping the arms out or sanding down the joints. Shoulda had double hinged.

jye4ever
12-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Neca's QC is problematic regardless of scale. I saw their Batman Begins 7 inch figures on TRU, and they all had major issues.

I have the Mezco TDKR figures, and they're good, but some aren't as great, IMO. The new Frankenstein's outfit doesn't look too good, and their Dredd figures, although nice looking, the articulation is very limited and the outfit looks a bit awkward, IMO.

Are you getting the 1/4 neca TMNT figures? They look amazing.

Yeah Frankenstein has high waters lol

TMNT...heck no, not into them whatsoever.

Have never watched a TMNT cartoon or movie in my life.

12-08-2016, 06:08 PM
TMNT...heck no, not into them whatsoever.

Have never watched a TMNT cartoon or movie in my life.

http://i.imgur.com/SiUsxhq.jpg

DiFabio
12-08-2016, 06:11 PM

jye4ever
12-08-2016, 06:57 PM
lolololololol

P.
12-08-2016, 10:11 PM

he will concentrate strictly on their haircuts.
and you will never see an approved and produced terminator anymore.

a-dev
12-08-2016, 10:19 PM
he will concentrate strictly on their haircuts.
and you will never see an approved and produced terminator anymore.

Nah, other than the Police Station Assault/tanker truck figure NECA have the hair situation well in hand

P.
12-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Nah, other than the Police Station Assault/tanker truck figure NECA have the hair situation well in hand
you'll find something. i believe in you. :thud:

Alice
12-09-2016, 12:19 AM
"Terminators don't have split ends. Totally inaccurate. Start the entire sculpt over."

12-09-2016, 12:23 AM

http://i.imgur.com/AB6Racy.gif

The Tech noir's hair is perfect unlike other companies.

*looks at the HT figure on the shelf*

P.
12-09-2016, 01:30 AM
"Terminators don't have split ends. Totally inaccurate. Start the entire sculpt over."a-dev... i just found you a vice president :lol

Sachiel
12-09-2016, 01:47 AM
SH figuarts Terminator figures could be pretty awesome.

And Robocop. :drool

MaulFan
12-09-2016, 08:55 AM

Not that anyone cares, but, Guardian T-800 looks too much like an aged T2 head and not as close to the movie as it could be, I don't have Pops yet, hoping to get him as an xmas gift, so I can't say much about how he turned out.

ApeManRyan
12-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Not that anyone cares, but, Guardian T-800 looks too much like an aged T2 head and not as close to the movie as it could be, I don't have Pops yet, hoping to get him as an xmas gift, so I can't say much about how he turned out.
I have all the Genysis figures and they are pretty good. Out of the 3 the t-1000 is the better figure but I still do like the Arnie figures. I like future Arnie over 84 Guardian a lot more.

MaulFan
12-09-2016, 09:32 AM
If I don't get pops as a gift, I'll order him, i have clean and BD T-800 from T1 and T2 in this scale and want it for T5. I plan to add a little more blood to the damage to look more like T1 and T2 than the CGI work.

Caped Baldy
12-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Has anyone ever asked Randy how well Sarah sold? I get the impression the Terminator line just doesn't have the big sales and popularity to keep going strong like the Alien and Predator lines.

Obviously those two have more variety of creatures and humans to offer, but the Terminator line could be so much better.

MaulFan
12-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I only ever saw Sarah in a specialty store, but TRUs are full of Ultimate T-800s. I think Sarah was probably expected to be a low seller and produced in smaller quantities. We can get limited runs of a character like that because of the endless re-releases that can recycle so much existing work.

jye4ever
12-11-2016, 04:38 PM
At least Mcfarlane weapons are painted nice and not warped.

From new Spawn figure.

Caped Baldy
12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
At least Mcfarlane weapons are painted nice and not warped.

From new Spawn figure.

But... but NECA has actual articulation on their figures. :lol

Weapon looks bigger than the figure itself there. :lol

jye4ever
12-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Yeah Todd loves him some big guns lol.

#Brian
12-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah Todd loves him some big guns lol.

Classie over compensating. He did the same things to Spider Man's webs when he drew them all thick, white, sticky and ropey

Poe Ghostal
12-13-2016, 09:47 PM
It would be great if they could try some Kenner stuff for the Terminator line - I'd love a Power Arm Terminator, and between the Terminator and Dutch they have all the parts they need for it aside from two new interchangeable arms. But apparently the license owner isn't interested.

a-dev
12-14-2016, 11:41 AM
He has said they might do some Kenner Terminator figures but not as extensively as Predator and Alien.

Was hoping to have the Runty-1000 motorcycle cop before Christmas but I don't think there's any hope of that now since it apparently hasn't even arrived at BBTS yet. Dunno when I'd be likely to get it now.

Alice
12-15-2016, 03:56 AM
I imagine they wouldn't go much deeper than Power Arm in the Kenner line, but I was always partial to that one, Meltdown, Secret Weapon, Battle Damage and Damage Repair. I liked the different colour endos as well, but they've already did the silver and endo-glow, and the gold one has been kinda covered by one of the RvT figures.

12-16-2016, 10:01 PM
I imagine they wouldn't go much deeper than Power Arm in the Kenner line, but I was always partial to that one, Meltdown, Secret Weapon, Battle Damage and Damage Repair. I liked the different colour endos as well, but they've already did the silver and endo-glow, and the gold one has been kinda covered by one of the RvT figures.

Power arm is such a simple repaint/custom figure. Just add the sleeveless Arnie arms from the Predator figure, paint the shirt purple, use the BD head, and add the bandolier. :D

The Skull
12-17-2016, 09:44 PM
There's a new push for NECA to do Terminator Salvation figures on facebook, I think that would be pretty sweet:lecture

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578782_1303202896368194_3978215508421655926_n.jp g?oh=39cc81720a356ba058df362e66c109ce&oe=58E1D03D

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
12-18-2016, 12:13 AM
https://s23.postimg.org/p51pdvyxn/IMG_4537.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/6qvrnnc0r/IMG_4538.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/9m8uuig0r/IMG_4540.jpg

Reliving my childhood

Still deciding whether to unpackage it or not, looks good in the box

DioramaMaker
12-18-2016, 02:49 AM
No good in the box. Open that sucker and recreate your childhood.

P.
12-18-2016, 03:22 AM
https://s23.postimg.org/9m8uuig0r/IMG_4540.jpg

http://img10.deviantart.net/1264/i/2010/317/5/a/tokyo_girls_style_poses_by_dug_chi-d32rjkv.jpg

a-dev
12-18-2016, 06:37 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Dyson
12-18-2016, 07:49 AM
There's a new push for NECA to do Terminator Salvation figures on facebook, I think that would be pretty sweet:lecture

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578782_1303202896368194_3978215508421655926_n.jp g?oh=39cc81720a356ba058df362e66c109ce&oe=58E1D03D

I would love em but Randy hates that movie so it will probably never happen.

ApeManRyan
12-18-2016, 07:59 AM
I'd like salvation figures. Randy may hate the movie but he should listen to his loyal customer and fans about it. He'll make a profit I bet more then the Genysis line.

DiFabio
12-18-2016, 08:04 AM
NECA barely cares about T1 and T2 to devote any time to those lines, what makes anyone think Salvation has any chance? :lol

Let me remind you those T-600 would require all new sculpts and tooling, and we know NECA ain't about that. Best you could get from them is that endoskeletion T-800 body they've been reusing since 2007 with some rubbery skin and tattered fabric clothes thrown on top of it. That's about it.

ApeManRyan
12-18-2016, 08:06 AM
True true. DiFabio you are correct but who knows maybe they will but again no love.

MaulFan
12-18-2016, 08:15 AM

Not worth it to me unless they did first costume Marcus and John Connor.

Alice
12-18-2016, 08:19 AM
If they did anything from Salvation it would just be a recycled endo as the Final Battle T-800, and a recycled endo painted black for a T-700.

Dyson
12-18-2016, 08:20 AM
I think the only reason they tapped Genisys was because Arnold was in it (Still mind blowing that the Connornator didn't make release). I know a lot of people didn't care for the movie but Salvation had some great Skynet designs in it. I still feel like there is a lot to mine there. T-600 (Skin & Endo), Hydrobot, Mototerminator, Marcus (Damaged & Regular), John Connor, Kyle Reese (Especially since Anton Yelchin is not with us anymore), Blair Williams. Even the Wasps and Spider Tanks that were more prevalent in the game.

a-dev
12-18-2016, 08:27 AM
NECA barely cares about T1 and T2 to devote any time to those lines, what makes anyone think Salvation has any chance? :lol

Let me remind you those T-600 would require all new sculpts and tooling, and we know NECA ain't about that. Best you could get from them is that endoskeletion T-800 body they've been reusing since 2007 with some rubbery skin and tattered fabric clothes thrown on top of it. That's about it.

Isn't the endoskeleton they've been using from the Cult Classics line in the early noughties? I thought they've just been changing the headsculpt. So if I'm right the situation is actually even worse :lol

Anyway, I don't think Endoskeletons can be done enough justice at this scale. There's no reason they couldn't be done perfectly well at 1:6 but Hot Toys are great for the engineering, $*ite for the accuracy. We can't win.

jye4ever
12-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Salvation...ughhh....what a waste of time and money that was.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
12-18-2016, 11:00 PM
No good in the box. Open that sucker and recreate your childhood.

I think you're right, sounds good to me :D

http://img10.deviantart.net/1264/i/2010/317/5/a/tokyo_girls_style_poses_by_dug_chi-d32rjkv.jpg

Yeah does look awkward unless it's an anime girl

memyselfi
12-20-2016, 05:30 PM
I would love em but Randy hates that movie so it will probably never happen.

Randy hates, Aliens 3-4 etc but they are making those, ( I know I am being eternally optimistic / I realize never going to happen ) but a t-600 would be cool.

The Skull
12-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Randy hates, Aliens 3-4 etc but they are making those, ( I know I am being eternally optimistic / I realize never going to happen ) but a t-600 would be cool.

I liked the movie despite its flaws, but like the movie or not the designs in it were badass, the T-600 being the best, they could also make the T-700/T-800 BATTLE DAMAGED & ENDO, T-600 weather skin and endo, Marcus clean and BD, John Connor v1 & FB, AEROSTAT'S, Moto Terminators and more, The line is rich and ready to plunder....Come On Neca!!

memyselfi
12-20-2016, 06:11 PM
I liked the movie despite its flaws, but like the movie or not the designs in it were badass, the T-600 being the best, they could also make the T-700/T-800 BATTLE DAMAGED & ENDO, T-600 weather skin and endo, Marcus clean and BD, John Connor v1 & FB, AEROSTAT'S, Moto Terminators and more, The line is rich and ready to plunder....Come On Neca!!

Agree they are leaving money on the table, the designs on the movie rocked, the story line not so much.

Everyone get ready to hurl stones at me......... I liked the Machinima series more than the actual movie.

DiFabio
12-30-2016, 12:04 PM
If anyone is interested in the Ultimate Tech Noir T-800 and Ultimate Police Shootout T-800 and has a Go! Calendar store at their local malls, they're having a nation wide sale and both Terminators are only $8 each. Both stores I went to had a TON of them. I should of waited.

a-dev
12-30-2016, 12:18 PM
David
‏@If_It_Bleeds_
@NECA_TOYS any chance we might get a ultimate version of Kyle Reese??

Answer:

NECA
‏@NECA_TOYS NECA Retweeted David
Not likely

memyselfi
01-02-2017, 01:11 PM
@NECA_TOYS hey Randy, even though I'm no fan of Terminator Salvation, I think a T-600 with damaged/removable rubber flesh would be sick, no?

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 11m11 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted Gavrilo Princip

No thanks. Different license and not something I'm looking to add to the roster

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

01-02-2017, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see an Ultimate full BD T800 from T2.

a-dev
01-02-2017, 02:30 PM
@NECA_TOYS hey Randy, even though I'm no fan of Terminator Salvation, I think a T-600 with damaged/removable rubber flesh would be sick, no?

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 11m11 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted Gavrilo Princip

No thanks. Different license and not something I'm looking to add to the roster

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

I don't really care if I never own NECA T3 or T4 figures - I'll live - but it is a clear indicator of favouritism towards Alien and Predator when they readily make figures from the very worst movies those franchises have to offer, new or old.

I'd like to see an Ultimate full BD T800 from T2.

I'm thinking of doing a kitbash of this when I get these new Rosebox T-800s in.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/neca-t-800_final_battle%20Small_zpsbhsdcac8.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/neca-t-800_final_battle%20Small_zpsbhsdcac8.jpg.html)

It wouldn't be an articulated knee but I figure I could pose him dragging that leg (in which case the straightness of the leg would theoretically be acceptable). I'd like to be able to pose a BD T2 with a more hunched over look and all you really need to achieve this is articulated hips.

scarrviper
01-02-2017, 05:11 PM
No ultimate Reese is a bummer. Earlier they said they wanted to. Should have made him right after the two ultimate T-800s. Or between their releases.

a-dev
01-03-2017, 11:34 AM
I very slightly ''high-endified'' my 12'' Pescadero escape with Hot Toys DX10 sunglasses and the shotgun

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9440_zps77qmzi6s.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9440_zps77qmzi6s.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9441_zpsavep9hvs.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9441_zpsavep9hvs.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9445_zpswdiy9cz8.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9445_zpswdiy9cz8.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9446_zpscf84y7un.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9446_zpscf84y7un.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9447_zpskb5oocdh.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9447_zpskb5oocdh.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9448_zps1okog81f.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9448_zps1okog81f.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9456_zpsjsskp08a.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9456_zpsjsskp08a.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9465_zpsgs6gtciw.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/zIMG_9465_zpsgs6gtciw.jpg.html)

01-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Looks great!

I remember doing something similar with a T3 MacFarlane figure.

a-dev
01-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Got the MMS117 rosebox at his feet with the roses strewn about. There's life in this figure yet.

MaulFan
01-03-2017, 04:25 PM
After having to sell my whole HT and EB T2 collection years back, I regret selling off the NECA when HT came out, I'd love to still have the Pescadero 12", current after market prices are just crazy on it though, at least I kept my BD 12" figure since there was no sign of that coming from anyone back when I had to sell off my HT figures.

Davea1982
01-03-2017, 06:13 PM
I did a complete repaint and made a custom base for my 12" Pescadaro escape. I own most of the Hot Toys but apart from Enterbay this is one of the best Arnold sculpts hands down. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170104/fda5ba1f65126eca6c1f7751fbb5c81e.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170104/16dacfe9b776c31bc10f009e6d070610.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

CloudN
01-04-2017, 01:20 AM
I don't really care if I never own NECA T3 or T4 figures - I'll live - but it is a clear indicator of favouritism towards Alien and Predator when they readily make figures from the very worst movies those franchises have to offer, new or old.

Maybe it's because the Terminator sequels were held by different companies. I'm not too sure about that one. It's also a business decision where there's only limited characters that can sell and people's iconic version of Arnie's Terminator is from Terminator 1 & 2. Not T3 or Salvation.

ApeManRyan
01-04-2017, 07:40 AM
I still have my 12" pescarado figure. Mine has some paint flaws on the face and hands plus gun but I still love it I may send it for a repaint at some point. Even got the box somewhere.

Davea1982
01-04-2017, 06:16 PM
I still have my 12" pescarado figure. Mine has some paint flaws on the face and hands plus gun but I still love it I may send it for a repaint at some point. Even got the box somewhere.

I run a custom business and I'd be glad to repaint yours for you buddy. Link should be in my signature or search Pabs customs on Facebook or shoot me a pm.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

ApeManRyan
01-04-2017, 06:42 PM
I run a custom business and I'd be glad to repaint yours for you buddy. Link should be in my signature or search Pabs customs on Facebook or shoot me a pm.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Sweet you'll be hearing from me soon!

Davea1982
01-05-2017, 02:23 AM
Sweet you'll be hearing from me soon!
That's great dude.

MaulFan
01-05-2017, 07:49 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/544/32013901881_71fd1e315e_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/532/32013901521_95e2461d79_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/454/32013901821_45e4c8dc71_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/391/32013901751_9080b31f33_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/709/31983838532_9e612b7ba8_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/423/32013901721_3b026bde44_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/363/32013901631_373d1997d1_o.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5614/32013901411_221a4626d6_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/504/32013901571_c4fdb425f7_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/449/32013901361_b9889d1d44_o.jpg

DiFabio
01-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Great shots, as always.

a-dev
01-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Indeed, very nice shots. Gawdammit NECA needs to address that John Connor situation though.

Anyway, I've been working on something the past few days from a bunch of spare stuff I had:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9736%20Small_zpswcbin127.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9736%20Small_zpswcbin127.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9749%20Small_zpsn0ch68ye.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9749%20Small_zpsn0ch68ye.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9769%20Small_zpslzvi3hsb.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9769%20Small_zpslzvi3hsb.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9776%20Small_zpsm54gbqvl.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9776%20Small_zpsm54gbqvl.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9781%20Small_zpsofezjoyk.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX10%20head%20modding%20attempt/zIMG_9781%20Small_zpsofezjoyk.jpg.html)

NECA head, Hot Toys everything else.

a-dev
01-10-2017, 10:42 AM
''Why the hell did you do that a-dev?''

I'm glad you asked!

Well, driven on by my earlier experiment of just putting the DX10 sunglasses on the NECA figure, I wanted to see what an otherwise entirely high-end T2 T-800 would look like with a sculpted neck - instead of that unnatural, stiff, cylinder-like abomination on the DX10. I wanted to see a figure without ugly-ass gaps between the neck and the headsculpt and last but not least I wanted to utilise NECA's far superior job on the hair. :lol

It's a trade-off. Yes it's a NECA head with a seam going down his neck, sandpaper skin texture and flat paintjob but it brings a much more natural-looking and more accurate shape to his neck and head. Personally I don't think Hot Toys integrates ball-joint heads very well and least of all on DX10 - it's really appallingly done on that figure - looks like a head awkwardly plopped on top of a barrell. The claim to high-end is already heavily damaged right there so I figured I'd try this out.

Just two things didn't go entirely to plan - the collar of the jacket is not as snug to the neck as I would like. I'm doing the usual paperclip-trick but the ones I have are either too strong or too weak so the collar just won't stay where it should. I was also hoping to secure a socket for the head inside the body but this proved surprisingly difficult. So when I take the head off the socket comes out too.

Davea1982
01-10-2017, 06:14 PM

I'm glad you asked!

Well, driven on by my earlier experiment of just putting the DX10 sunglasses on the NECA figure, I wanted to see what an otherwise entirely high-end T2 T-800 would look like with a sculpted neck - instead of that unnatural, stiff, cylinder-like abomination on the DX10. I wanted to see a figure without ugly-ass gaps between the neck and the headsculpt and last but not least I wanted to utilise NECA's far superior job on the hair. [emoji38]

It's a trade-off. Yes it's a NECA head with a seam going down his neck, sandpaper skin texture and flat paintjob but it brings a much more natural-looking and more accurate shape to his neck and head. Personally I don't think Hot Toys integrates ball-joint heads very well and least of all on DX10 - it's really appallingly done on that figure - looks like a head awkwardly plopped on top of a barrell. The claim to high-end is already heavily damaged right there so I figured I'd try this out.

Just two things didn't go entirely to plan - the collar of the jacket is not as snug to the neck as I would like. I'm doing the usual paperclip-trick but the ones I have are either too strong or too weak so the collar just won't stay where it should. I was also hoping to secure a socket for the head inside the body but this proved surprisingly difficult. So when I take the head off the socket comes out too.
Great work Adev. Great work bro.

DiFabio
01-10-2017, 06:56 PM

I'm glad you asked!

Well, driven on by my earlier experiment of just putting the DX10 sunglasses on the NECA figure, I wanted to see what an otherwise entirely high-end T2 T-800 would look like with a sculpted neck - instead of that unnatural, stiff, cylinder-like abomination on the DX10. I wanted to see a figure without ugly-ass gaps between the neck and the headsculpt and last but not least I wanted to utilise NECA's far superior job on the hair. :lol

Looks great son. If that head was cast in smoother plastic with a high end paint job, that would be the best 1/6 head by far.

Is it sad that I knew what scene you were going for as soon as I saw the pics? (When Arnold rises up from being thrown through the department store window)

a-dev
01-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Great work Adev. Great work bro.

Thanks. I saw your PM, if I ever spare the funds for commission work I'll keep you in mind.

Looks great son. If that head was cast in smoother plastic with a high end paint job, that would be the best 1/6 head by far.

Is it sad that I knew what scene you were going for as soon as I saw the pics? (When Arnold rises up from being thrown through the department store window)

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/vlcsnap-2017-01-11-02h00m50s46%20Small_zpsq9g0edpp.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/vlcsnap-2017-01-11-02h00m50s46%20Small_zpsq9g0edpp.png.html)

I bought those hands specifically for that very moment. :D

a-dev
01-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Got 2 Motorcycle Cop T-1000's today. I've opened one and already have 3 issues - one leg shorter than the other as standard on Ultimate Terminator figures, the spare headsculpts have been given a gloss coating like the helmet for some reason and lastly one of his elbows just snapped at the slightest attempt to move it. Awesome.

That's not to mention the downgraded simian proportions.

Disappointing figure.

DiFabio
01-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Got 2 Motorcycle Cop T-1000's today. I've opened one and already have 3 issues - one leg shorter than the other as standard on Ultimate Terminator figures, the spare headsculpts have been given a gloss coating like the helmet for some reason and lastly one of his elbows just snapped at the slightest attempt to move it. Awesome.

Disappointing figure.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO BUY IT A-DEV

TAKE THEM BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCYk0cBBJo

ApeManRyan
01-11-2017, 11:33 AM

Disappointing figure.
I'm sorry for all the issues you got with your two figures. Mine had its issues but not like that.

Vector
01-11-2017, 12:45 PM

Disappointing figure.

Sorry about the problems with your Cop figures a-dev.

I was going to get one of these to sit on my 1/10 police motorcycle but I think that I will just stick with the original one that I have.

Davea1982
01-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks. I saw your PM, if I ever spare the funds for commission work I'll keep you in mind.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/vlcsnap-2017-01-11-02h00m50s46%20Small_zpsq9g0edpp.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/vlcsnap-2017-01-11-02h00m50s46%20Small_zpsq9g0edpp.png.html)

I bought those hands specifically for that very moment. :D
No problem buddy.

a-dev
01-11-2017, 05:28 PM
I TOLD YOU NOT TO BUY IT A-DEV

TAKE THEM BACK

I'm sorry for all the issues you got with your two figures. Mine had its issues but not like that.

Turned out what I assumed was gloss coating on the spare heads was actually some sort of oil. It wiped off. And underneath was actually a pretty good paintjob, maybe the best in fact. So that was weird.

Anyway the other figure didn't break and is fine, he'll be my Motorcycle Cop-1000 with sword arm, which I did not have displayed previously.

The figure that broke I dismantled and experimented on (as was always my intention in buying two) - I wanted to see how these legs would look with a normal T-1000 in police shirt ala the Steel Mill scenes - and, for me, it's a write-off. It isn't as compatible as I would like, I'd have to **** around with blades and drills and paint (the underlying trouser belt isn't painted) - and he'd be a runt because these legs really are just too small. So no more purchases of this figure. I will instead buy another Steel Mill T-1000 from the initial run in 2011 for a BD custom I have planned.

Sorry about the problems with your Cop figures a-dev.

I was going to get one of these to sit on my 1/10 police motorcycle but I think that I will just stick with the original one that I have.

It might still be worth buying one for that, although the knee-bend doesn't even reach 90 degrees so you might have to do a mod there.

DiFabio
01-11-2017, 06:02 PM
So it isn't swappable at the torso like the T2 and T1 Arnolds have been? You can't just boil, pop and swap where you take off the motorcycle cop torso and put a regular cop Ult. T-1000 without modifying/cutting/drilling? I assume the utility belt is also glued and the blue doesn't even match, correct?

ApeManRyan
01-11-2017, 06:18 PM
My figure came with ressedue on the head also.

a-dev
01-11-2017, 06:19 PM
So it isn't swappable at the torso like the T2 and T1 Arnolds have been? You can't just boil, pop and swap where you take off the motorcycle cop torso and put a regular cop Ult. T-1000 without modifying/cutting/drilling? I assume the utility belt is also glued and the blue doesn't even match, correct?

Colour-wise neither the 2010/11 T-1000s or the previous Ultimate T-1000s are an exact match to the Ult. Motorcycle Cop. You would get opposite answers from different people about which is closer in colour. So that left physical compatibility as far as the midsection joint.

Motorcycle Cop's pelvis area has the 'male' part of the joint like the other ult.T-1000 except it is longer (and possibly thicker, I've already forgotten - but definitely longer). I'd have to either shave it down or drill a deeper ****** into the torso of the previous ult.T-1000 to get the parts to fit together.

Meanwhile the 2010 figure's torso also has a male part of the joint so it's not a straightforward situation there either, probably even more complicated.

And really, considering the following, I just wasn't arsed:

-The legs make him barely taller than Sarah Connor.
-the duty belt does indeed leave glue residue and possibly black paint-bleed on the diaper part when you remove it
-there's also 2 little ledges that help secure the duty belt in place that you'd have to cut off and repaint the area
-the trouser belt isn't painted.

What is it with NECA and legs lately? They used to be pretty good at nailing proportions, now it's either long and spindly (Alien 3 Ripley, Sarah Connor) or short and stumpy (Ultimate T-1000s & T-800s) AND the ****ing one leg shorter than the other issue - which seems to be a problem with the way they are rigging the legs together inside the diaper sections. One leg always seems to be pulled up higher than the other and even when I think I've fixed it it just reverts back into a damn lean after a short time or when I repose.

a-dev
01-15-2017, 11:05 PM

Y'all remember this^ a figure that is still quite important today because I'm not sure anyone else ever tackled it. NECA would undoubtedly make a better one now but so far they haven't attempted it for some reason.

Anyway one problem with that figure was always that the leg stance was primarily meant to suit an unexploded torso and not the ''Oh **** I've just been blown apart by a ****ing grenade!!'' pretzel man T-1000. See his leg positioning below:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/vlcsnap-2017-01-12-06h01m13s79%20Small_zpsu399evg4.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/vlcsnap-2017-01-12-06h01m13s79%20Small_zpsu399evg4.png.html)

Enter NECA's Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9927%20Small_zpsmjwj7zn2.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9927%20Small_zpsmjwj7zn2.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9928%20Small_zpspnsftzc7.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9928%20Small_zpspnsftzc7.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9931%20Small_zpsv7fufsbr.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9931%20Small_zpsv7fufsbr.jpg.html)

Mcfarlane top part, NECA bottom parts. I used the McFarlane duty belt with all the gear cut off to act as the trouser belt (because it hadn't been painted on the NECA, and I don't happen to have any paints right now)

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9932%20Small_zpsmfvjh1rk.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9932%20Small_zpsmfvjh1rk.jpg.html)

^Also - I lengthened his stumpy legs. I popped off the foot part of the boots and instead used the shoes from the other T-1000 (galleria/Pescadero/Ultimate 1.0). Then I sliced the lace/tongue section off the MC cop boots and glued that on to sell it more. Ideally I'd have some sort of covering for the entire area (where you can see that the shoe is seperated) but I haven't thought of anything to use right now.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9930%20Small_zpsybzhjned.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9930%20Small_zpsybzhjned.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9929%20Small_zpsfy36msiz.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9929%20Small_zpsfy36msiz.jpg.html)

Witness this annoyance:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9935%20Small_zpsapzgpoqh.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9935%20Small_zpsapzgpoqh.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9937%20Small_zps2zry1syg.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9937%20Small_zps2zry1syg.jpg.html)

P.
01-15-2017, 11:27 PM
Witness this annoyance:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9935%20Small_zpsapzgpoqh.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9935%20Small_zpsapzgpoqh.jpg.html)

looks like T-800 says that about small T-1000s annoyingly running under his feet: "witness this... annoyance."
also it answers the question "can a T-1000 divide into 10 small T-1000/10s".

DiFabio
01-15-2017, 11:41 PM
How did NECA approve the legs on that thing. They didn't stand it side by side to the old one (that looks 10x better btw) and think "huh, that really doesn't look right, we should go back and make the legs longer and more proportioned".

Makes no sense, they definitely just winged it.

Alice
01-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Looks like the thighs lose some length by being plugged into the hips area. Would just lengthening the thighs fix it, or would that throw off the proportions even more?

Dyson
01-16-2017, 03:05 AM
http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9935%20Small_zpsapzgpoqh.jpg.html yikes, not very ultimate. No excuse for that.

a-dev
01-16-2017, 06:36 AM
My 2 theories on these short-arse T-1000s are this:

1) the Genisys T-1000 was made first (?), that actor is shorter (?) and, rather than sculpt another set of new legs, they cheaped out and used the same legs on the ultimate RP T-1000 1.0. The ultimate Motorcycle cop was then made to be consistent with that one.

2) the older T-1000 figures are pretty tall standing next to the older T-800 figures, almost to a point where there's an element of doubt who's taller. NECA decided that the T-800 should be more noticeably taller. Hence the shrunken-1000s. (but then again they also shrunk the T-800s a bit :dunno )

Looks like the thighs lose some length by being plugged into the hips area. Would just lengthening the thighs fix it, or would that throw off the proportions even more?

Problem is the legs look pretty thin aswell. If you make them longer they could start to look really stupidly thin. And there's no easy way to make them longer anyway other than what I did - you can't simply pull the legs down lower because you'd start to expose the joints, the actual sculpted part of the leg only goes up so far.

ApeManRyan
01-16-2017, 06:44 AM
a-dev great mod with the ultimate cop. It does suck that these new ultimate's are short as hell but it doesn't bother me too much but I wish they were a smidge bigger. The idea of using the old movie maniacs T-1000 explosion section is brilliant I'm surprised Neca hasn't tackled that yet.

a-dev
01-16-2017, 07:10 AM
a-dev great mod with the ultimate cop. It does suck that these new ultimate's are short as hell but it doesn't bother me too much but I wish they were a smidge bigger. The idea of using the old movie maniacs T-1000 explosion section is brilliant I'm surprised Neca hasn't tackled that yet.

I hoped they would for the 25th anniversary but it seems like there'll only be one rehashed T-800 with a new accessory and whatever 1:4 scaler they show at Toyfair. The Predator 30th anniversary is getting something like 7 figures apparently.

jye4ever
01-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Great mod a-dev, that is some serious attention to detail.

P.
01-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Problem is the legs look pretty thin aswell. If you make them longer they could start to look really stupidly thin.so legs are basically shrunk.
what did people say here about parts shrinking in a recast process?...

Jester
01-17-2017, 12:40 AM
Witness this annoyance:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/IMG_9937%20Small_zps2zry1syg.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/IMG_9937%20Small_zps2zry1syg.jpg.html)To be fair, I've always though NECA's older, static-leg semi-statues were a bit on the lanky side; I'm pretty sure my Dread Pirate Roberts would be taller than the Alien compression suit figures if he was actually standing upright.

My 2 theories on these short-arse T-1000s are this:

1) the Genisys T-1000 was made first (?), that actor is shorter (?) and, rather than sculpt another set of new legs, they cheaped out and used the same legs on the ultimate RP T-1000 1.0. The ultimate Motorcycle cop was then made to be consistent with that one.Probably not, since Byung-Hun Lee is only an inch shorter (5'10") than Robert Patrick (5'11") according to IMDB. Of course, this is the same company that made a John Hurt (5'9") figure taller than their Michael Biehn (6') and Bill Paxton (6') figures, so who knows...

2) the older T-1000 figures are pretty tall standing next to the older T-800 figures, almost to a point where there's an element of doubt who's taller. NECA decided that the T-800 should be more noticeably taller. Hence the shrunken-1000s. (but then again they also shrunk the T-800s a bit :dunno )I think the legs on both are actually the same length, roughly. The difference is that the Ultimate T-800 has really tall feet.

Problem is the legs look pretty thin aswell. If you make them longer they could start to look really stupidly thin.I wouldn't think so. For me, the major issue is that lengthening the thighs, which would probably be the simplest in terms creating custom parts (since they're basically just contoured ovoids with no moving joints of their own) is that they'd end up looking disproportionate to the calves.

And there's no easy way to make them longer anyway other than what I did - you can't simply pull the legs down lower because you'd start to expose the joints, the actual sculpted part of the leg only goes up so far.Try looking for replacement feet to provide some extra height.

By the way, I sort-of addressed the 1984 T-800 leg length disparity by switching the feet/boots around. It's not perfect but it does slightly reduce the discrepancy. If I have time later on today, I'm going to try switching out the whole leg from the knee down and see if that helps.