PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

MaulFan
07-29-2016, 09:39 AM
Just pointing out here, Ultimate T2 T-800

http://pop-critica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/neca-terminator-2-judgement-day-ultimate-t-800-7-inch-scale-action-figure-06.jpg

This was basically a mini-gun scene figure with two heads that don't even match the figure for movie accuracy.

If that was ok for T-800, why not do this Dutch.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2013/02/NECA-Predators-Series-9-Jungle-Encounter-Dutch_1361971658.jpg

Give him the alternate cigar head, and the weapons from the mud Dutch figure cuz you could take the vest off and custom paint, and then you have a pretty versatile figure.

My only point is, these are more ultimate for number of accessories than looks you can get out of what's in the box.

a-dev
07-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Muddy Dutch was more than just a paintjob though, it was an entirely new sculpt with layers of mud and leaves. I mean I guess if you could be happy with that figure just painted brown but I think Randy is assuming no one would be and that's why he has ruled such a thing out. Also, if you do custom paint it, it ceases to be versatile - it is now only good for the mud-covered scenes. You'd have to buy two.

DiFabio
07-29-2016, 11:23 AM
I'm with Maulfan, NECA could easily make an "Ultimate" Dutch to go along with their "Ultimate" Jungle Hunter. Of course it wouldn't be accurate to anything and would be the same old figure, but none of their Ultimate releases care about that for what's included. It's just there to get the character out for people who missed out or didn't know about Dutch a few years ago (like we saw with the T-1000 and T-800).

Repack the vest Dutch above with,

- Two heads
- the knife
- the rifle
- the pistol
- gloved hands
- the torch
- the arrows
- the two staffs
- the spear

Boom, "Ultimate Dutch".

That very first Ultimate T-800 is such a lame figure when you really break it down. No flesh hands, rubbery, warped weapons, a battle damaged head that looks awkward on a completely clean figure. It was just a recycled figure. Atleast with Dutch he'd be loaded with weapons.

As for the "Ultimate" Battle Damage/Steel Mill. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with a little reworking and ingenuity. Give him a swappable left arm (like the Genisys figure), two heads (semi and full damaged), both grenade launchers (new and broken), the pistol, then, if they have time to work in an actual new accessory (think the Tech Noir's scissors or the Police Shootouts snub nose pistol), include the metal rod or the gas grenade launcher.

I don't see how it would be impossible to give him articulated legs when it's a complete retool. Either do this,

Or if you can't do that. Leave the knee completely static and give him the ball jointed foot, shin cut and thigh swivel while the hips and right leg are fully articulated.

I mean, besides that great Sarah Connor, this whole line is just a bunch of reused stuff with little thought process going into other than the packaging.

a-dev
07-29-2016, 11:54 AM
I dunno, lets say I was a guy who missed out on the previous Dutch figures for one reason or another and couldn't bring myself to pay ebay asking prices. Now lets say I was interested in owning more than one of those looks - I'd be a bit dismayed if, rather than simply rereleasing those figures as they were, NECA choose to make a single mish-mash figure which would seem to preclude the chances of me ever getting those other looks for a decent price.

The one you guys are envisioning would fall pretty far short of recreating the muddy look IMO. So really it'd just be the Jungle Encounter figure. I happen to love that one but say I preferred the Jungle Extraction or Jungle Patrol appearances. Well, it would seem I'd be ***t out of luck. This so-called Ultimate figure would suggest that NECA is saying ''this is your lot, this is the final word, now we're moving on''.

DiFabio
07-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Probably the same answer to people that wanted more looks for the kitbashed Commando or T-800s they've done. Touch luck. Most people only seem to want one version of these figures anyway (see Jye). That's why this Ultimate line has been kinda lame and half assed from the beginning, atleast as far as the Terminators are concerned. I mean, isn't that what they've basically done with their T2 Uncle Bob? A Jungle Encounter Dutch with all that stuff would bug you, but not that weak Ultimate Cyberdyne that is essentially "this is your lot, this is the final word, now we're moving on''? They're the kings of recycling. If they're ever looking to get Dutch back out there, I don't see why that wouldn't be one of the ways they'd do it. Unless they went full on Rocky and just released identical versions of each Dutch, which is what you're suggesting. I wouldn't put either method past them. A bunch of collectors out there only want one, iconic Dutch out there. If they have the choice to make him be vestless, chomping on a cigar and holding his bow and torch, they don't give a **** about the leaves or the mud. It's an "Ultimate" to them and they probably have no desire to buy more than one. It would be a 10/10 figure with the options alone and at the end of the day, NECA would be profiting big time since it would be 100% reuse.

With the exception of Sarah Connor and the Tech Noir, I think this Ultimates thing has been lame for the Terminator line. That "new" rose box T-800 is the direction they should have gone in from the beginning. Just leg upgraded figures from the 2009-2011 line with one new accessory, if that. That's all these have been since the beginning anyway. You would think that all these saving and recycling techniques within the Terminator line (all those reuses back in 2009-2012, the video game figures, the Ultimates, etc.) would ensure more, actual NEW things than just Sarah Connor, but that doesn't seem to be the case other than the cinemachines and a couple pairs of legs.

I'm sure we will see John but this whole "I don't know, tough sell", is an annoying sentiment to have right out of the gate. As a kid I don't remember peg warming John Connor w/ bike figures. It was those damn "Future War" T-800 variations. I don't see why they can't make John a must have based on what they include and package him as. We're not even in the business and we've suggested cool things like 2-packs, but there's just this lame stubbornness that plagues this line from being more than it could be.

Even with the all the shoddy, broken, T-1000s, the highlight for this line, to me, has always been those T2 and T1 waves from 2009-2011. All of them had strong sculpts, likenesses, and they actually cared about the accuracy of each scene specific look (the damage, wounds, etc.). That's where they peaked and all the fun was had. Not trying to be greedy or a buzz kill, but everything after Kyle Reese has been kind of lame and this Toy Fairs and SDCC has cemented that feeling. And this whole "let's just add awkward, stumpy legs cause hey, they're articulated", blows.

They're venturing into some pretty sophisticated and well done double hinged elbows, knees, and waist joints now. These Terminator figures are already looking obsolete and old compared to what they can do now. It seems like the Terminator line is always the "old way" of doing things. The line debuted just as they started making these great ball hinged hips and articulated legs for their video game lines. Now, years later, when they get those legs, all the figures are on a new level.

a-dev
07-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Well, I'm almost sure we'll see Dutch released again in some way. Personally I'd go the full rerelease option ala the Rocky figures. I'd even consider ordering another full set as a ''just in case''

If/when John Connor happens and we have him in our hands I don't think we'll care about any of these 'lies' and 'will they/won't they' games Randy plays. Current frustrations will go out the window and be replaced with a general positivity that the line delivered. Figure recycling and slow-coach improvements to extract more money from us won't matter because in the end we got to complete the full main cast of the film.

Of course on the other hand if John doesn't happen, and that endo-arm accessory is packed with just another T-800 figure, then I'll be disappointed - really guys? Kevin McCallister and Newt but no John Connor? You had to stop just short? You really couldn't find a way?

Before that first Ultimate T-800 I thought the line was finished. The fact that it has continued and then we got Sarah Connor gave hope that perhaps some day John would also happen. ''As long as the line is ongoing there is hope'' And many of Randy's answers on twitter have contributed to that hope post-Newt. There hasn't been any straight 'no'. So there'll be disappointment for sure if John never gets made, even in spite of all the good NECA have done for these licenses.

DiFabio
07-29-2016, 04:08 PM
You're too forgiving son! Terminator has been getting hosed.

I want to assume the endo arm and display cylinder are for John, but it could be some accessory pack thing along the lines of the Aliens one. Just stuff for the T-800 to blow up. What does being coy here do? If Randy and NECA think John is a crap seller, then why try and have a surprise reveal if the interest is only there for people like you and me? Wouldn't it make sense to just spill whether or not he's happening so people that want such a figure get hyped up with anticipation? Dropping it a month before SDCC or something won't get your average Joe buying one. They might not even know about it.

I also don't see why John would have to be an exclusive or some limited thing if that's the route they take. Am I wrong in thinking John Connor is much more iconic and desirable than "Rebecca"? I'd even go as far as saying that he trumps Bishop and most of the Marines in popularity and name recognition. I mean, even Kenner had the idea in the early 90s to include him in their line, not once but two times. I don't see how he can be written off as a poor seller or gamble right away when there's no evidence or proof of sales. If he is such a risk and a dud, then why not do the old fashioned thing and short pack his ass to one or two per case or whatever like companies used to do. Retail exclusives or two packs would also suffice.

I could see if this was a 1/6 figure or some high end statue or something, but it's a mass produced, 5"-6" action figure. They save so much with their reuse and retools. That first cult classics Endoskeleton got a tons of reuse, from "shocked" Endo, to "angry" Endo, to "plasma minigun" Endo, to that great T1 Endo, to all those video game and exclusive colors. That original 2009 Arnold sculpt got transferred to a dozen or so releases that are still being used to this day. T-1000 got as milked as you possibly can. The Tech Noir was the same sculpt save for the head, arms and flexible jacket for years now, and we've even seen the T1 and T2 Arnolds combined for the Robocop/Terminator figures. They splurged on a mass release Sarah Connor, is John Connor really that much of a gamble where it would be such a loss and mistake to them that they would have been better off not doing it at all? I doubt that.

It's clear that Terminator won't be thriving much longer with things like Aliens and Predator on the table. I mean, they'll sooner develop an all new Kenner Alien or Predator than a new Terminator character from scratch. Nobody is asking for Miles Dyson or Dr. Silberman here, but I don't see why there can't be a little more enthusiasm for John Connor or a slightly better Kyle Reese, especially when they immediately shoot down things like Resistance soldiers or a nice T3 Arnie.

Who knows, maybe those 3 Genisys figures were bad business for them or something. It just seems like other than recycle/reuse/repaints, the Terminator line is dead or dying. It's sad because that's the case for Hot Toys too, which have seemingly gone out with a whimper (fantastic DX 13, poor and mediocre Police Shootout). There just doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm with the two films, I don't get it.

a-dev
07-30-2016, 06:42 AM
You have a point that they seem to be more conservative with Terminator compared to Alien and Predator. Alien Crapurrection is getting figures but Terminator 3 Rise of the Crap won't be.

They're putting huge amounts of new tooling into Kenner Aliens and Predators but seemingly Kenner Terminator 2 is a no-go zone.

You've also raised the possibility that the endo-arm in tube thing is from an accessory pack rather than John Connor.

If he is being made I have no idea why the need for evasion and downplaying in the answers on twitter but they do it even with Alien and Predator. Randy refuses to say if Drake is being considered even though he is at this point the most glaringly obvious requirement for the Aliens line.

The point I was making though is if/when a John Connor figure is in our hands none of it will matter really. We'll have him and the satisfaction of the cast being complete will nullify all prior frustrations. At that point Kenner tributes and T3 figures would be mere bonuses to me, not strictly essential. I'll be displeased if John isn't made, especially after they made Newt, but I could live without T3 and Kenner.

Caped Baldy
07-30-2016, 12:02 PM
As I mentioned a while back, none of you are getting JC and will instead get Danny Cooksey mego figure with an inflatable JC and rubber bike. :lol

http://waytofamous.com/images/danny-cooksey-05.jpg

Embrace this decision or face firing squad. :lecture

jye4ever
07-30-2016, 03:58 PM
Probably the same answer to people that wanted more looks for the kitbashed Commando or T-800s they've done. Touch luck. Most people only seem to want one version of these figures anyway (see Jye). That's why this Ultimate line has been kinda lame and half assed from the beginning, atleast as far as the Terminators are concerned. I mean, isn't that what they've basically done with their T2 Uncle Bob? A Jungle Encounter Dutch with all that stuff would bug you, but not that weak Ultimate Cyberdyne that is essentially "this is your lot, this is the final word, now we're moving on''? They're the kings of recycling. If they're ever looking to get Dutch back out there, I don't see why that wouldn't be one of the ways they'd do it. Unless they went full on Rocky and just released identical versions of each Dutch, which is what you're suggesting. I wouldn't put either method past them. A bunch of collectors out there only want one, iconic Dutch out there. If they have the choice to make him be vestless, chomping on a cigar and holding his bow and torch, they don't give a **** about the leaves or the mud. It's an "Ultimate" to them and they probably have no desire to buy more than one. It would be a 10/10 figure with the options alone and at the end of the day, NECA would be profiting big time since it would be 100% reuse.

With the exception of Sarah Connor and the Tech Noir, I think this Ultimates thing has been lame for the Terminator line. That "new" rose box T-800 is the direction they should have gone in from the beginning. Just leg upgraded figures from the 2009-2011 line with one new accessory, if that. That's all these have been since the beginning anyway. You would think that all these saving and recycling techniques within the Terminator line (all those reuses back in 2009-2012, the video game figures, the Ultimates, etc.) would ensure more, actual NEW things than just Sarah Connor, but that doesn't seem to be the case other than the cinemachines and a couple pairs of legs.

I'm sure we will see John but this whole "I don't know, tough sell", is an annoying sentiment to have right out of the gate. As a kid I don't remember peg warming John Connor w/ bike figures. It was those damn "Future War" T-800 variations. I don't see why they can't make John a must have based on what they include and package him as. We're not even in the business and we've suggested cool things like 2-packs, but there's just this lame stubbornness that plagues this line from being more than it could be.

Even with the all the shoddy, broken, T-1000s, the highlight for this line, to me, has always been those T2 and T1 waves from 2009-2011. All of them had strong sculpts, likenesses, and they actually cared about the accuracy of each scene specific look (the damage, wounds, etc.). That's where they peaked and all the fun was had. Not trying to be greedy or a buzz kill, but everything after Kyle Reese has been kind of lame and this Toy Fairs and SDCC has cemented that feeling. And this whole "let's just add awkward, stumpy legs cause hey, they're articulated", blows.

They're venturing into some pretty sophisticated and well done double hinged elbows, knees, and waist joints now. These Terminator figures are already looking obsolete and old compared to what they can do now. It seems like the Terminator line is always the "old way" of doing things. The line debuted just as they started making these great ball hinged hips and articulated legs for their video game lines. Now, years later, when they get those legs, all the figures are on a new level.

Yup, that be me.

I'm not into setting up complicated dioramas with 7" figures to mimic movie scenes, takes up too much room, too costly and 9 times out of 10 they look cluttered, dusty or too stiff and toy like. :lol

I love T2 but I don't need every scene recreated in toy form in my house.

I love having 1 of each scale represented in my collection but 1/4 will always take priority over 7".

So yeah, I still need a 1/4 T2, 1/4 Robocop, 1/4 War Paint Conan, 1/4 Rocky, 1/4 Mclane, 1/4 Dillon, 1/4 Clubber, 1/4 Apollo **** Newt and JC, they mean squat to me. :lol

Arnold > Drug addict kid.

a-dev
07-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Oh Jye

1:4 is meaningless for the very fact of its unlikelihood of the most important characters. Good luck getting all those guys :lol

jye4ever
07-30-2016, 08:28 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah they're never happening. :lol

Maybe I should take up collecting 7" figures. :lol

a-dev
07-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Probably. I mean you've got a few anyway haven't you?

My expectations and desires for 1:4 are pretty limited. Usually if I buy a 1:4 it's one of four essential characters - Terminator, Robocop, Alien and Predator - or otherwise it's a character I want but is unavailable in smaller scales - Batman Returns Penguin and Catwoman or the 1990 movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

jye4ever
07-30-2016, 09:52 PM
You would need to extend your house if Neca made every T2 character in 1/4. :lol

a-dev
07-30-2016, 10:10 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/PGyfitL_zpshxaguf4y.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/PGyfitL_zpshxaguf4y.gif.html)

:lol

Ehhhhh, I dunno. So far with 1:4 NECA I've stuck to creatures or characters with very little human-parts on show. So am I gonna suddenly want Gibbons or Danny Cooksey as Caped Baldy suggests? Nah :lol

DiFabio
07-31-2016, 09:26 AM
This is probably blasphemy, but I probably like my 7" Arnolds more than my Hot Toys ones. I also like the 7" Keaton Batman (regular and custom damaged) over the 12" and 1/4 ones.

The only bigger figures I prefer over the smaller ones are the Hot Toys Robocops.

1/4 is unwieldy, I always feel like I'm going to break the legs or arms (the reason I never really pose my NECA ones and sold my Enterbay Arnies). 12" is doll like. 7" is fun and more collectible.

Still own them all.

a-dev
07-31-2016, 09:53 AM
This is probably blasphemy, but I probably like my 7" Arnolds more than my Hot Toys ones. I also like the 7" Keaton Batman (regular and custom damaged) over the 12" and 1/4 ones.

The only bigger figures I prefer over the smaller ones are the Hot Toys Robocops.

1/4 is unwieldy, I always feel like I'm going to break the legs or arms (the reason I never really pose my NECA ones and sold my Enterbay Arnies). 12" is doll like. 7" is fun and more collectible.

Still own them all.

I would sooner sell my Hot Toys Terminator collection than my NECA collection. Granted the financial gain from selling the Hot Toys stuff would be greater and that would inevitably play into any such decision. But even still I think I would miss the Hot Toys stuff less. The sculpts and some of Hot Toys choices annoy me.

I agree about Robocop though. Those Hot Toys sculpts are too good and Robocop just by nature seems to need a higher quality to truly replicate the movie. Also NECA didn't get Weller's likeness rights.

DiFabio
07-31-2016, 10:05 AM
I'd have problems parting with the DX 13 and Tech Noir, maybe even the T-1000 since I had so much hype and excitement for that figure and all the variations I built up.

None of the rest though.

a-dev
07-31-2016, 10:32 AM
It's definitely easier said than done. I looked at my Hot Toys collection recently to determine what I would sell if I had to - kept finding reasons why I'd keep figures I previously thought I could sell. Keeping X figure meant I'd have to keep Y figure and so on. Eventually I'd almost ruled everything back in :slap

P.
07-31-2016, 03:03 PM
I would sooner sell my Hot Toys Terminator collection than my NECA collection. http://pop-critica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/neca-terminator-2-judgement-day-ultimate-t-800-7-inch-scale-action-figure-06.jpg

i would never sell anything for these stoned faces and bent weapons :slap they are like HT predaturds.

a-dev
07-31-2016, 03:27 PM
That doesn't really surprise me that you feel that way. But I'm not as insistent on high-end as you are. I can deal with lower quality when even at the larger scales and high-end prices they still can't get it right. And in fact NECA gets a bunch of things right that Hot Toys gets spectacularly wrong.

DiFabio
07-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Not to mention P. customizes 90% of his dolls.

Swap some parts with the older and NECA releases and give them a custom paint job from a talented artist and they'd be the perfect Terminator action figures.

a-dev
07-31-2016, 03:58 PM
It boils down to what this hobby is about for me at this point - owning today what I wanted when I was a child. The NECA figures fit the bill. The Hot Toys ones are an added indulgence.

If I'm going to accept imperfection better to accept it from the stuff I paid a lot less money for. And heck the Hot Toys figures all have more glaring imperfections than the NECA equivalents as far as I'm concerned. Gorilla craniums, detail-free cylinder necks, ugly gaps and seams for the neck joints, afro-hair, fat-faces, squashed faces, wrong hairlines, proportions **** ups, excessively thick eyelids for PERS etc etc

P.
07-31-2016, 04:02 PM
That doesn't really surprise me that you feel that way. But I'm not as insistent on high-end as you are. I can deal with lower quality when even at the larger scales and high-end prices they still can't get it right. And in fact NECA gets a bunch of things right that Hot Toys gets spectacularly wrong.yep! their sculptor knows his material. pity their manufactory ruins it. well it goes since their predators, when i (and many others i think) wanted Neca sculpts with HT quality. then aliens. now terminators. though their human faces still frighten me, that "Newt" is a piece of art cause she's scary like **** :lol
i just had my last day of vacation, please don't pay attention to anything angry i say, i hate the world today :gah:
i wish Neca made their stuff a decade ago, when i collected McFarlane, and it was enough those days. if i got Neca then, i would feel all good it represents and easily ignore any issues.

DiFabio
07-31-2016, 04:20 PM
All those sculpts need is a new paint job though! I've seen first hand what can be done in this scale.

In the right hands, you could get the 7" figures looking like their prototypes.

a-dev
07-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Aww man. I haven't seen those pics in a long time. Forgot how good they looked. Those would be the 2ups though wouldn't they?

yep! their sculptor knows his material. pity their manufactory ruins it. well it goes since their predators, when i (and many others i think) wanted Neca sculpts with HT quality. then aliens. now terminators. though their faces still frighten me :lol
i just had my last day of vacation, please don't pay attention to anything angry i say, i hate the world today :gah:

Thanks P., no worries. Sorry you're back to work.

It's true, ideally NECA's quality would be better. And they don't always nail human sculpts - Kyle Reese is poor, all the Ripley figure's have been lacking (although the Aliens version doesn't look too bad in the banner of their twitter page - lucky for them it doesn't have the mass-production paint job that we all got on our figures) and I agree that the clean head without the sunglasses on the T2 figure isn't as good as it could be. The eyes and mouth area don't come across well but I think the paint does a lot of the damage.

DiFabio
07-31-2016, 04:27 PM
Yeah, they'd be the size of Hot Toys figures.

Psycho
07-31-2016, 05:23 PM

Still own them all.

I never had one problem with all 6 1/4 scale neca figures I have had and that Ranges from Predator to Batman and Penguin... Now the Enterbay as you now I posed the arms once or twice and boom snap on both figures..... I trust the NECA 1/4's way more than the Enterbays. And most of the time NECA CS will replace the figure or item if it breaks.

ApeManRyan
08-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Neca just put up there ultimate police shootout t-800 on the eBay store. Just purchased mine. Pics and a review will be coming soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ApeManRyan
08-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Got my ultimate police shoot out figure in today and it's awesome. I do have some things that could of been better but overall I'm very satisfied and it basically completes my neca terminator collection. Review uploading at the moment will post it as soon as it's up.

Starkilla83
08-04-2016, 02:12 PM
NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 18m18 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted

don't know, tough sell

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS will we at least see a john conner figure in the near future?

That is weak man! At least do a future adult version of John from T2, I know that **** would sell so fast!

ApeManRyan
08-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Here's my review all enjoy!

https://youtu.be/k3twX32SNxo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

DiFabio
08-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Nice review.

They could have went with the torso with the bullet holes in the chest. That would have been better for the Ultimate I think. That way it would match the bloody, bullet holes in the jacket that you talk about.

GasparZizou
08-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Cool review, definitely gonna get that one soon.

I wonder if they'll ever release a shirtless poster version.

DiFabio
08-04-2016, 07:05 PM

And bother sculpting an all new bare torso chest? This is NECA we're talking about here. :lol

GasparZizou
08-04-2016, 07:14 PM
But they already have Arnie's torso! Can't they use the Dutch one?

Hey that's actually an easy mod isn't it?

ApeManRyan
08-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Nice review.

They could have went with the torso with the bullet holes in the chest. That would have been better for the Ultimate I think. That way it would match the bloody, bullet holes in the jacket that you talk about.

They should of went with that for sure! Thanks for watching!

Thanks!

a-dev
08-04-2016, 09:06 PM
But they already have Arnie's torso! Can't they use the Dutch one?

Hey that's actually an easy mod isn't it?

Well I got excited about that too until I remembered you'd have to turn the Terminator head into a ball-jointed one which could go all sorts of wrong and maybe just not look right - also the paint wouldn't match at all and I can't paint for ***t.

And if you can't custom the movie-poster look there's not much point doing the other promotional photo-shoot versions like the ''teapot'' Terminator

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/t1-promo-arnold-006_zpsb13ddb7d.jpg

also the jacket is closed on that but not on the figure

GasparZizou
08-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Well I got excited about that too until I remembered you'd have to turn the Terminator head into a ball-jointed one which could go all sorts of wrong and maybe just not look right - also the paint wouldn't match at all and I can't paint for ***t.

Can't they just cut the neck? Doesn't require almost any retooling.

Plus they can cast the torso and the head with the same skin tone with that translucent skin colored plastic they used for Dutch, seems like a non issue to me.

a-dev
08-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Can't they just cut the neck? Doesn't require almost any retooling.

Plus they can cast the torso and the head with the same skin tone with that translucent skin colored plastic they used for Dutch, seems like a non issue to me.

Oh I'm sure NECA could do it. I thought you were talking about us customising our figures.

NielsVV
08-04-2016, 10:30 PM
I just started collecting action figures, mainly from Hot Toys, but I have to admit, those 7" figures from Neca looks really cool. I wonder what collectors do with the blister packaging from some of these. Do you never open these? Or do you only buy the figures which comes in a box?

GasparZizou
08-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Well, I just got Gordon Freeman and Chell from Portal 2, 2 of each. I opened one of each and left the other ones in package.

It's the old clamshell ones, but I also have 2 Ultimate T2 T-800, did the same thing.

If I really like a figure I buy at least 2 so I can keep one MIB, but I don't collect 1/6th anymore so it's easier for me.

Also, Welcome!

a-dev
08-04-2016, 10:37 PM
I think most of us are 'openers' in here. I'd love to also collect sealed figures to hang on the wall because they look great in the blisters but I can't afford to do it and there'd be too much to catch up on between past and current releases.

But yeah they're great figures. Just be prepared for the paintjobs on mass market figures to be far below the standard of Hot Toys.

DeathComesRipping
08-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Is there any reason to get the ultimate Police shootout if I already have the old one other than a few extra accessories? An extra head, pistol and added leg articulation is all that's new, right?

I did re-buy the Tech Noir, but I'm not seeing as much of a difference here with the Police shootout.

Ironman69
08-04-2016, 11:09 PM
For the re-issue Tech Noir, that $25 dollar paint job puts any Hot Toy Terminator to shame. This little 7" bad boy is a spot on sculpt and paint of T1 Ah-nold.

P.
08-05-2016, 02:39 AM
hell i wish i was 15 again.

Vector
08-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Well, I just got Gordon Freeman and Chell from Portal 2, 2 of each. I opened one of each and left the other ones in package.

It's the old clamshell ones, but I also have 2 Ultimate T2 T-800, did the same thing.

If I really like a figure I buy at least 2 so I can keep one MIB, but I don't collect 1/6th anymore so it's easier for me.

Also, Welcome!

The Gordon Freeman figure is really cool.

Dyson
08-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Very cool

a-dev
08-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Is there any reason to get the ultimate Police shootout if I already have the old one other than a few extra accessories? An extra head, pistol and added leg articulation is all that's new, right?

I did re-buy the Tech Noir, but I'm not seeing as much of a difference here with the Police shootout.

That is indeed all that is new. So if you don't think it's worth it, it's not worth it.

rjszar
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM

If you are a rabid Terminator fan, then you don't need a reason to buy more Terminator stuff.

GasparZizou
08-05-2016, 12:27 PM
The Gordon Freeman figure is really cool.

:lol :clap did you make that dio? It's awesome.

It's a gorgeous figure, a bit chunky but I don't mind that. I even got a couple MP7's sub machine guns from AmiAmi, I hope they're not too small for him.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BF295rRZL.jpg

The Chell figure is ok, it's pretty much a portal gun holder :lol and that portal gun is amazing. I wonder now why are light-up eyes so expensive nowadays? A 20 dollar figure has a light up portal gun and it's bright as ****.

Vector
08-05-2016, 01:07 PM
:lol :clap did you make that dio? It's awesome.

It's a gorgeous figure, a bit chunky but I don't mind that. I even got a couple MP7's sub machine guns from AmiAmi, I hope they're not too small for him.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BF295rRZL.jpg

The Chell figure is ok, it's pretty much a portal gun holder :lol and that portal gun is amazing. I wonder now why are light-up eyes so expensive nowadays? A 20 dollar figure has a light up portal gun and it's bright as ****.

Thanks, yeah I made it. There are more pics of it over in the Vector Cave thread in show your shelves (shameless plug for my own thread) :monkey3

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/show-your-shelves-/168046-vector-cave-update-kotobukiya-cloud-city-2.html

Very cool MP7's. They should be fine as long as they are 1/10 scale.

TooNiche
08-07-2016, 01:58 PM
284185Some company called PressPop Toys apparently dropped a set of Public Enemy figures at SDCC. Wonder what this could mean for NECA licensing John Connor's t-shirt.

Ironman69
08-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Hell, for the money, NECA's Tech-Noir Terminator is excellent.

Caped Baldy
08-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Got an email update today from an eBay seller about the Ultimate Tech Noir and Police Station figures. They said stock has finally entered the UK and they expect to them delivery by Thursday. So depending on when they receive and dispatch them to customers (pre-orders are handled first), I should finally have mine by next week. :pray:

This has been a long painful wait and I demand free beer and women as compensation. :lol

joossa
08-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Got this in the mail today from TRU Online. Looks amazing!

http://i.imgur.com/AMJFTPJ.jpg?1

scarrviper
08-11-2016, 12:35 PM
https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7490/28812613252_0c81a39baa_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/KU5b71)Ultimate Terminator - Police Station (https://flic.kr/p/KU5b71) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Found mine today at the local collectables shop. Didn't expect to find him so soon. Here's my initial thoughts-

No stuck joints for once. All of them moved freely, some seem to be lubricated.

If you can, compare the sunglasses in the store. Some that I saw seemed to have plastic missing on one side and looked uneven. And they are nice and glossy, not a flat finish like we feared.

The alternate heads do not want to pop on, they are extremely tight. I will have to hollow out the neck sockets on them some.

Guns are all hard plastic :yess: Not soft like the tech noir rubber guns.

Both pairs of hands are far better quality than the ultimate Tech Noir hands.
(as a side note, my alternate left hand for my tech noir turned out to be defective and cracked apart, and NECA CS has me on wait list for a replacement since they don't have any replacements in for some reason.)

Heads all look decent, I like how they have the paler skin as he does in the movie. I will be repainting the hair and the blood on them though.

Stay tuned, I'll hopefully have some loose pics next week.

a-dev
08-11-2016, 05:35 PM
That damn short leg issue, you can see it on this figure aswell. FS NECA will you sort this out :gah:

P.
08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Hell, for the money, NECA's Tech-Noir Terminator is excellent.
if Neca did everything they do now a decade earlier, i might never get into HT collecting at all :clap

a-dev
08-11-2016, 05:58 PM
if Neca did everything they do now a decade earlier, i might never get into HT collecting at all :clap

I said something similar in another thread - if McFarlane had made an ED-209 I wouldn't have bought the Hot Toys one. That was my first 1:6 item.

However I would have jumped in at some point regardless, probably when MMS117 was revealed.

P.
08-11-2016, 06:03 PM
I said something similar in another thread - if McFarlane had made an ED-209 I wouldn't have bought the Hot Toys one. That was my first 1:6 item.wow you started big :)

However I would have jumped in at some point regardless, probably when MMS117 was revealed.and i might not, because my main interest those days were predators and aliens, and HT variants were ugly. McFarlane predators were uglier than HT ones, so i jumped to 1/6. but if Neca presented their ones back then, there would be no need to switch to inaccurate but expensive HT.

DiFabio
08-11-2016, 06:24 PM
I gotta be honest, even though I've pretty much written off Hot Toys, a part of me always wants to see a new classic T1 or T2 figure pop up from them. It's sad how half assed the MMS 238 is when we know they're capable of doing better. Kyle Reese should have been a given years ago and you would think the original Endoskeleton would be important to them since that's like the face of this brand.

Wish they'd do more. It's a blessing and a bummer. I mean I'm happy we got what we did, especially the Tech Noir and DX 13, but there's just so many things they could do that would make collecting Terminator fun again. It sucks that they wasted their time and money on the Genisys Arnold and horse smiling Endo. That coulda been Kyle Reese and the original Endoskeleton!

Hell, at this point I wouldn't even care if they did another T1 or T2 Arnold. I know I was against it before, but I want to see something new, something that reinvigorates the line.

I wish NECA would do something big too instead of just new legs and such. I mean I'm grateful that atleast they're doing something since other companies aren't, but I just got this feeling the Terminator brand and merchandise is gonna die. It feels too soon.

a-dev
08-11-2016, 06:25 PM
I was throwing some spare NECA facehuggers into my storage box the other night and looked at the old McFarlane Predators and Aliens. None of them have aged well but the Predators frustrated the hell out of me even at the time. It never made sense to me how they couldn't do the dreadlocks properly, instead going with those ugly short clumps. The biomasks on the P1 and P2 were truly awful and when they brought in more articulation it looked absolutely horrendous with some of the most bizarre choices I've seen to this day.

scarrviper
08-11-2016, 06:38 PM
That damn short leg issue, you can see it on this figure aswell. FS NECA will you sort this out :gah:

Yep, I didn't notice until after I posted. Not as bad as Sarah, but yes one leg is a hair longer than the other. Exactly like Ultimate Tech Noir. At least they both stand up pretty well despite that issue.

I really hope we see some more terminator from NECA, especially Kyle Reese. I'd love to have a T1 Sarah, but Randy doesn't think she is toyetic enough to sell.

a-dev
08-11-2016, 06:43 PM
I gotta be honest, even though I've pretty much written off Hot Toys, a part of me always wants to see a new classic T1 or T2 figure pop up from them. It's sad how half assed the MMS 238 is when we know they're capable of doing better. Kyle Reese should have been a given years ago and you would think the original Endoskeleton would be important to them since that's like the face of this brand.

Wish they'd do more. It's a blessing and a bummer. I mean I'm happy we got what we did, especially the Tech Noir and DX 13, but there's just so many things they could do that would make collecting Terminator fun again. It sucks that they wasted their time and money on the Genisys Arnold and horse smiling Endo. That coulda been Kyle Reese and the original Endoskeleton!

Hell, at this point I wouldn't even care if they did another T1 or T2 Arnold. I know I was against it before, but I want to see something new, something that reinvigorates the line.

I wish NECA would do something big too instead of just new legs and such. I mean I'm grateful that atleast they're doing something since other companies aren't, but I just got this feeling the Terminator brand and merchandise is gonna die. It feels too soon.

I'm no longer actively hoping for new stuff from them. My interest has dropped off in accordance with their lack of output. They obviously never saw Kyle Reese, T2 John or T1 Sarah as viable releases and it seems they're happy with the Arnold figures they've done and/or don't think there'd be sufficient demand for 2.0/3.0/4.0s

Neither am I all that interested in customs and kitbashes anymore. I still haven't ordered either of those John Connors and I'm not sure I care all that much. High end pricing and 1:6 pricing even from lesser companies is pretty off-putting to me now.

Would my mood change back if Hot Toys did show something new from T1 or T2? Yeah, quite possibly. I could easily see it setting me on the course of wanting to upgrade all my variants with the new parts (if they were an improvement). As time goes on this seems less likely to be anything I have to worry about though.

a-dev
08-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Yep, I didn't notice until after I posted. Not as bad as Sarah, but yes one leg is a hair longer than the other. Exactly like Ultimate Tech Noir. At least they both stand up pretty well despite that issue.

I really hope we see some more terminator from NECA, especially Kyle Reese. I'd love to have a T1 Sarah, but Randy doesn't think she is toyetic enough to sell.

Neither was Newt and yet she was rightly deemed important to complete the hive scene in Aliens. I hope they'll take the same view of T2 John and T1 Sarah - that for completion they ought to find a way to get them made - at least in some limited capacity like Newt. Newt will apparently be seeing a further release so it'll be interesting to see what form that takes and if it could also apply to Sarah and John.

With different versions of Reese, an eye surgery T-800 and Bike-Chase T-800 (closed jacket) there's still a lot NECA could do with T1 but I get the feeling they just aren't as interested as they are with T2.

Caped Baldy
08-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Both my ultimate T1 T-800 arrived Friday. Perfect paint applications and no dodgy joints across both so far. I actually have the older version of Tech Noir from a few years ago, and the Tanker Truck Pursuit release as well - not sure about the latter but it seems the paint on the Tech Noir face has been improved over the previous release?

Nonetheless, very happy with them and proud to have all the Terminator ultimates in my collection.

Bo Shrek
08-13-2016, 10:10 AM
These Ultimate editions are priced at $39.99 CAN at TRU. The prices are so ****ing ridiculous for the product your purchasing. Is like buying a Big Mac for $50.
The two pack ALIENS is $89.99 and Alien 6 pack Eggs are $39.00. Who the **** is going to buy six eggs for $40?? And two figure for $100

NOTE: Arcade Robocop, TS and other NECA figures are discounting at $14.98. The price these figures should be!

DiFabio
08-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Move to America. The Terminator Ultimates are $24 here.

Staps1138
08-13-2016, 07:24 PM
I got into the terminator line recently and got all the ultimates and an endo, I love them and all are perfect. The tech nor I found was absolutely flawless and looks incredible in hand. I bought Sarah online after not liking the ones I saw in store at tru due to sloppy paint and the one I got was perfect too, even the paint on her glasses were great. Now all I need is Reese but not sure I'll get him from the reviews I've seen, what do you guys think of Reese? Now I'm really hoping John gets made to complete my terminator collection.

a-dev
08-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Reese is only alright to be honest. Likeness isn't great and the leg stance isn't very good and makes him prone to falling over. We're hoping for some sort of Ultimate for him which could include switch out arms and jacket for the coat he wears in the last part of the film.

Caped Baldy
08-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Probably something we'll never see but would be an awesome addition to the line: Resistance fighters. Aside from Reese there's a lot of room for generic faces with no likeness (unless they're covered up with gear like the WY commandos) which I imagine is something NECA wouldn't want to do.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1nxg44usQ1qa7qbyo1_500.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/terminator/images/e/e4/Tech_com_t245247.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20090525101203

I imagine the sales and the interest of Reese were not that strong to begin with for Randy to not want to pursue another figure of him.

DiFabio
08-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Insane to think they did the Weyland Yutani Commandos but we'll never get a resistance fighter Reese, or General John Connor or Tech Com Resistance fighters.

Dyson
08-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Or a kid John Connor, he was only one of the main characters of one of the most iconic scf fi movies of all time....... Sorry pet peeve :)

a-dev
08-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Predator and Alien seem to be bigger sellers - or at least you'd get that impression from how extensive those two NECA lines have been compared to Terminator. Terminator had been on a bit of a hiatus before the first T2 Ultimate to a point where I assumed it was dead yet I don't think Predator ever took a break.

Randy is willing to make figures from Alien and Predator films he personally hates - Alien 3/Resurrection/the AvPs - but he won't touch T3, T:Salvation or T:TSCC - so that says it all really. He'd pursue them if he thought enough people would buy them. I can't really say if he's right or wrong on this although the Genisys figures are still readily available at retail and will probably be clearanced at some point.....

DiFabio
08-14-2016, 04:42 PM
I just watched a vid that discussed some of this stuff. Guess we're not alone. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgX8MM8uVE

I didn't know the Tech Noirs arms pop out that easy. ****, I might get an extra Ultimate Tech Noir and Police shootout and make the tea pot photo shoot Arnold.

a-dev
08-14-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm 4 minutes into that video and so far I disagree with the guy. Randy did not in any way disrespect people who like Alien 3 or Resurrection. I'm reading the exact quotes he provides as his evidence in that video and all I see is Randy giving his own opinion. If he had added ''and you're an idiot for liking Alien 3'' then I'd understand, but he didn't....anyway, resuming now....

edit - Fair enough though some of his responses do call people morons and pieces of ***t. Even if they deserve it maybe the head of a company should avoid that kind of communication - but FFS he's allowed not like a movie and say it, and he isn't disrespecting people who do like said movie merely by saying that he doesn't.

DiFabio
08-14-2016, 05:22 PM
Yeah I didn't get the Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection stuff. That didn't seem
insulting on NECA's part. It is curious though how Randy hates those movies and claims he only does what he likes or wants to do, and yet we see those movie figures pop up anyway.

Talking **** on Art Asylum, minimates and block figures (fellow companies) is kinda messed up too. Funny seeing two different toy companies argue online though. :lol

a-dev
08-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Talking **** on Art Asylum, minimates and block figures (fellow companies) is kinda essed up too. Funny seeing two different toy companies argue online though. :lol

Also fair enough.

DiFabio
08-14-2016, 05:32 PM
What do you think about the arm sockets. I had no idea they could pop out without cracking the torso open.

a-dev
08-14-2016, 05:36 PM
I don't consider it a bad thing if they can pulled out. If they were just falling out then maybe but I haven't had that problem.

DiFabio
08-14-2016, 06:05 PM
No of course not, I didn't mean it was a bad thing.

Since the tech noir and police shootout have the same torso and legs, I kinda want to swap arms and the rubber jackets to make this,

Also makes me wonder if jungle hunter Dutch's arms pop out easily, maybe make the eye surgery scene.

a-dev
08-14-2016, 06:09 PM
I thought about those recently but there's problems -

1) teapot T-800's jacket is closed.
2) Dutch is wearing a watch and the paint won't match the T-800 head/neck.

DiFabio
08-14-2016, 06:23 PM
I don't care about the jacket. I think the leather jacket with open gloves would look cool with the long hair and 80s neon shirt design.

Yeah the arms wouldn't match. Makes me wonder why Predator and Rocky are the only ones that got the flesh tone treatment while the likes of Terminator, Superman and other humans get cast in black or blue plastic.

a-dev
08-15-2016, 09:04 AM
From the Alien thread

New Neca Sdcc Interview was uploaded to Youtube today.

Definitely worth the listen, here's the highlight for Aliens fans:

Possible Prometheus "Lost Wave" when Alien Covenant line starts up. Would contain: Shaw, Vickers and Monster Fifield! - matter of time, with everything that's going on where to fit it all in.

Holy **** that would be awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNpfU-jH8c

Terminator-relevant stuff from 25:00

-No mention of John Connor

-T2 3D a ''small'' line, rebranding and repackaging

-talk of Kenner from 27:17, says they might do some when they exhaust the movies

-27:50 Randy wants to do the half Arnie/half machine poster

-28:20 He says he'd love to do an 'arrival' T-800

Disappointing on one hand, suddenly the anniversary line doesn't sound as exciting as I previously allowed myself to believe. But the Kenner talk onwards is interesting.

DiFabio
08-15-2016, 10:44 AM
They made it seem like it was going to be a big deal months ago at Toy Fair, don't beat yourself up.

GasparZizou
08-15-2016, 10:59 AM
I just watched a vid that discussed some of this stuff. Guess we're not alone. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgX8MM8uVE

I didn't know the Tech Noirs arms pop out that easy. ****, I might get an extra Ultimate Tech Noir and Police shootout and make the tea pot photo shoot Arnold.
The dude's pretty much crying, Randy didn't insult him, and an opinion can be a statement :lol even though I agree with the dude on Alien 3.

I don't know much about "Randy", I'm not that involved in that sort of stuff, but it seems pretty cool to me he engages that much with us, unless he's a dbag, is he known for being a dbag?

Edit: I watched past 5 minutes of the video :lol I see his point, nevermind.

Oh wow, he is a dbag :lol

a-dev
08-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Honestly I don't really care about that dbaggy stuff. As you brought up it is really cool that we can get so much information from the company head via twitter. I far prefer this over the alternative with a company like Hot Toys.

And as for the screengrab at 0:24 in that video - ''openly doesn't give a s*** about things that aren't 80s movies.....is somehow applauded and praised for this'' - uhhh, yeah I applaud and praise them and I make no apology for it. Hot Toys makes the flavour of the week crap and they can keep it. I want my 80s stuff. So yeah, no complaints whatsover from me if that's what Randy wants to focus on.

''Passive-aggressively makes dolls of characters they didn't want to do'' - and if you wanted those dolls that's a bad thing because......?? He's making them, who cares what he says about the movie itself.

And is that Alien 3 thing really what prompted this video? The fact he lead with it would suggest that it is - and he is plainly wrong on that one. Randy calling Alien 3 ''unforgivable'' does not in any way disparage those who like the film. He doesn't like the film, he thinks it's unforgivable. Big deal. Again, he's still making the figures for you.

Now, the QC stuff is a bit more worthy of discussion - I've not had anything so bad as the initial T-1000 release back in 2010 so I'm gonna say this area has improved, but that's just me. True though - it's not as perfect as we would like

-Ultimate Terminators with guns warped in package
-Ultimate Terminators with one leg shorter than the other
-Aliens with crooked jaws/stuck jaws
-Aliens with warped legs
-Aliens with ill-fitted domes

etc etc

mister_e
08-15-2016, 01:26 PM
The thing I found hypocritical about the video is that he says he felt insulted because Randy called Alien 3 (his favorite) "unforgivable", yet in this video he says he would rather have a Aliens Ripley in jacket rather than an Alien 4 Ripley because "Alient 4 wasn't that great." So he's guilty of the exact same thing he's accusing Randy of which is simply having an opinion.

DioramaMaker
08-15-2016, 02:16 PM
As someone who's personally met and hung out with Randy, the guy's great. He's laid back, nice, and has a great sense of humor. He's gotta deal with a lot of **** from indigent fans, and he puts up with it. That's something that he doesn't have to do, all of his internet correspondence is on him and his time. It's not part of his job qualifications or title at NECA. He chooses to go above and beyond in communication. Sure it brings in sales and attention to the country, absolutely, but you could easily hire a social media intern to do all this.
I'm not gonna say he can't be brash or defend everything he's ever said like some of the people on Twitter (and a lot of it is pandering, and cringe-worthy), but we all can be rude one way or another.

Dyson
08-15-2016, 02:27 PM
Honestly there are times that he's more active arguing or insulting people than talking about the product. He just need to ignore the alleged "trolls" instead of engaging them. It doesn't help him any, it just makes him look bad.

P.
08-15-2016, 03:04 PM
why is DiFabio banned? :(

Staps1138
08-15-2016, 04:46 PM
I think Randy means well and he definitely goes above and beyond by communicating with us but he gets really tired of doing everything he can and some ungrateful trolls want to crap all over the good NECA has done. I can see anybody getting tired of it and biting back. I have no problem with him at all and I would say when he does bite back its because whoever it is stirring up crap has deserved it. He's damned either way, if he takes the high road they will probably keep pushing and if he doesn't stand for it and gives it right back the trolls get offended and whine. I know there is no other company that talks and listens to its fans/collectors like him and apparently we are all fans of some or multiple lines they produce. He does get a bit snarky some time but I can't blame him.

GasparZizou
08-15-2016, 05:37 PM
why is DiFabio banned? :(
DiFabio's banned? :horror

I have an idea why, may have been a joke he made which was most likely misunderstood by a mod, as usual.

The Clown Prince of Crime
08-15-2016, 08:25 PM
DiFabio's banned? :horror

I have an idea why, may have been a joke he made which was most likely misunderstood by a mod, as usual.

Yup, the joke was deleted. Is it a temporary ban?

Staps1138
08-16-2016, 05:59 AM
I hope DiFabio's ban is only temporary, I really enjoy what he had to say in his posts.

a-dev
08-16-2016, 08:08 AM
This from August 13th

Thanks & no plans for JC

One doesn't know what to think. Could be a lie or it might not be and the previously teased endo-arm in tube accessory is for some T-800 re-release....

MaulFan
08-16-2016, 09:55 AM
This from August 13th

One doesn't know what to think. Could be a lie or it might not be and the previously teased endo-arm in tube accessory is for some T-800 re-release....

The Endo arm could be an accessory for a Cyberdyne BD figure that comes with grenage launcher as well.

a-dev
08-16-2016, 03:37 PM
It could couldn't it. And though the teargas launcher would be most welcome I think it'd just be annoying to see the endo-arm, what should be an accessory exclusive to John Connor, being packed with a T-800. Seems like that wouldn't bode well for John getting made if they just give one of his selling points to another figure.

Yet I refuse to accept that Newt is more important and more worthy of getting a figure. The Aliens plot did not centre around her - Newt was part of a sub-plot involving Ripley as a mother-figure. John is the singular reason for the main plot of T2, he's why the T-800 and T-1000 are doing battle - I'm sure they'd have been best buds if the T-1000 wasn't trying to kill John. Not to mention that John surely has more screentime than Newt does.

Caped Baldy
08-16-2016, 03:46 PM
It's kind of tricky thinking of ideas for a Terminator accessory pack as it's a bit different from the Aliens line which has tons of things to include from creatures to weapons and the like - whereas options are a bit limited for the Terminator line if we're restricted to just the first two movies (not including the Resistance fighters we'll never get and their weapons). Off the top of my head:

-Endoskeleton arm (could be a hint for JC but I dunno)
-Plasma rifle
-Crushed Endo head
-Gas mask used in Cyberdyne building
-MM1 grenade launcher (used by SWAT during the Cyberdyne siege)

What else could they throw in there?

At some point I do feel the line could expand to other movies, even if it means getting something from T3 or Salvation, which I take Randy doesn't want to approach. Even if I'm not a fan of T3, I would not pass up on a T-850 with a coffin loaded with weapons because I'm a Terminator fan and I'll pretty much buy anything Terminator related from NECA.

P.
08-16-2016, 03:52 PM
-Crushed Endo headi wonder what could crush an endo head, if a direct truck hit in T1 couldn't do it and repeated hits with a giant metal piece in T2 couldn't do it.
every time i see a crushed endo head, it looks the same as a rusty endoskeleton (made not from iron): poorly thought through.

Dyson
08-16-2016, 03:59 PM
John is the singular reason for the main plot of T2, he's why the T-800 and T-1000 are doing battle - I'm sure they'd have been best buds if the T-1000 wasn't trying to kill John. Not to mention that John surely has more screentime than Newt does.

John was pretty much the point of the entire Terminator franchise and I have to believe you could get Furlong's likeness for a song.

a-dev
08-16-2016, 04:58 PM
It's kind of tricky thinking of ideas for a Terminator accessory pack as it's a bit different from the Aliens line which has tons of things to include from creatures to weapons and the like - whereas options are a bit limited for the Terminator line if we're restricted to just the first two movies (not including the Resistance fighters we'll never get and their weapons). Off the top of my head:

-Plasma rifle
-Crushed Endo head

At some point I do feel the line could expand to other movies, even if it means getting something from T3 or Salvation, which I take Randy doesn't want to approach. Even if I'm not a fan of T3, I would not pass up on a T-850 with a coffin loaded with weapons because I'm a Terminator fan and I'll pretty much buy anything Terminator related from NECA.

I forgot about the accessory pack idea. Has randy mentioned them in relation to Terminator? I don't remember.

I can think of a lot, in no particular order and with repetition of some of yours:

-steel rod (probably bent to ***t knowing NECA :lol )
-control box for chains in steel mill
-petrol cans, explosives and yellow barrel for cyberdyne demolition
-fireaxe
-gasmasks
-teargas launcher
-T-800's trolley for wheeling around all his weapons in Cyberdyne
-T-800's sports bag for carrying the minigun inside on the way to Cyberdyne
-M-79 with 'reload' feature
-Sarah's ammo bag
-Sarah's opened-up machine gun from her weapons prep at Enrique's
-the AK for Sarah from the same scene (she didn't end up using it though)
-alternate hands for T-800 (relaxed hands, fist hands, shotgun reload hand like Enterbay provided*, a gloved hand for holding teargas launcher)
-alternate hands for Sarah (to carry her ammo bag)
-tools and towels for the chip removal scene (though I guess we need a figure of that first)
-alternate torso with Galleria bullet squib damage to use on Ultimate T-1000 (and Steel Mill version of same)

*right hand as seen here

And for T1, well, there's a few entire figures that could be made and haven't been so there seems no point in listing off accessories that would surely come with particular figures if they were made.

i wonder what could crush an endo head, if a direct truck hit in T1 couldn't do it and repeated hits with a giant metal piece in T2 couldn't do it.
every time i see a crushed endo head, it looks the same as a rusty endoskeleton (made not from iron): poorly thought through.

I'm trying to remember how the Terminator was ultimately destroyed in the first film.......

But if you're saying it'd be a crap 'accessory' yeah I agree. No offence Caped Baldy :lol

John was pretty much the point of the entire Terminator franchise and I have to believe you could get Furlong's likeness for a song.

I don't think getting his likeness is the problem according to a tweet I saw recently (and probably posted here in the past few weeks). It's purely that they don't think he'd sell. And maybe the Public Enemies logo is a complication.

P.
08-16-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm trying to remember how the Terminator was ultimately destroyed in the first film.......oh! i pictured something with a hole or crack in it or half of it missing, a popular thing in drawings, comics, custom figures. always including stupid rust.

http://goldenarmor.com/endoskull/2012/6/2/terminator-endoskull-website.html

though its metal doesn't crack but just bends, according to the scene you mention.

a-dev
08-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Ripley and Newt 2 pack confirmed.

T-800 and John 2 pack surely a no-brainer.

Stefan
08-17-2016, 08:43 AM

What about a pescadero escape 2pack: Sarah dressed in pescadero clothes and John in classic outfit, that would be great :yess:

scarrviper
08-17-2016, 08:45 AM

We can only hope.

a-dev
08-17-2016, 09:00 AM
What about a pescadero escape 2pack: Sarah dressed in pescadero clothes and John in classic outfit, that would be great :yess:

That'd be even better for us long-term collectors who already have T-800s and the previous Sarah.

Although for the impulse buyers it'd want to be T-800 and John.

Starkilla83
08-17-2016, 03:52 PM

Exactly

Also, you can totally get Michael Edwards likeness for nothing right? I might be in the minority that would want an older John Connor fig.

DioramaMaker
08-18-2016, 12:42 AM
I'm....I'm pretty confident that we'll see John Connor.

henzINNIT
08-18-2016, 02:23 AM

-Plasma rifle
-Crushed Endo head

The Skynet drones from T2:3D could make good accessory pack fodder.

Or putting both of your points together, the T3 Coffin with weapons would be perfect for an accessory pack. You could add in the mini HK's from T3 as well.

scarrviper
08-18-2016, 05:50 PM
https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8557/28790463910_0f71997932_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/KS7DSN)The Terminator (https://flic.kr/p/KS7DSN) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Vector
08-18-2016, 08:13 PM
https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8557/28790463910_0f71997932_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/KS7DSN)The Terminator (https://flic.kr/p/KS7DSN) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

I'm a friend of Sara' Cannah. I waz tuld that shez here, may I see her pleeze.

No, you can't see her shes making a statement.

Weer iz she.

Look, it may take a while. If you wanna wait there's a bench over there.

I'll be bach.

Stefan
08-19-2016, 09:46 AM
I forgot about the accessory pack idea. Has randy mentioned them in relation to Terminator? I don't remember.

I can think of a lot, in no particular order and with repetition of some of yours:

-steel rod (probably bent to ***t knowing NECA :lol )
-control box for chains in steel mill
-petrol cans, explosives and yellow barrel for cyberdyne demolition
-fireaxe
-gasmasks
-teargas launcher
-T-800's trolley for wheeling around all his weapons in Cyberdyne
-T-800's sports bag for carrying the minigun inside on the way to Cyberdyne
-M-79 with 'reload' feature
-Sarah's ammo bag
-Sarah's opened-up machine gun from her weapons prep at Enrique's
-the AK for Sarah from the same scene (she didn't end up using it though)
-alternate hands for T-800 (relaxed hands, fist hands, shotgun reload hand like Enterbay provided*, a gloved hand for holding teargas launcher)
-alternate hands for Sarah (to carry her ammo bag)
-tools and towels for the chip removal scene (though I guess we need a figure of that first)
-alternate torso with Galleria bullet squib damage to use on Ultimate T-1000 (and Steel Mill version of same)

I already started my own personal and custom accesory pack that includes :) :

Saddlebags for HD bike (finished)
Skull base for endoskeleton (wip)
shooting effect for minigun (finished)
Fire axe (wip)
Interchangable naked hands for T-800 (wip no photos yet)

welcome any opinion.

memyselfi
08-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Looks good. I have one suggestion, if your that good at making custom parts. I would make a new barrel assembly for the mini gun, everyone that I have are warp and adding a muzzle flash effect made it worse. I cant remember the size of styrene tube I use for mine, but it ended that issue. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents.

On a side note, I cheated, with the out of scale skull base that came out years ago. I added paint thinner to brush on silicone to make the mold and let it " shrink down " to the right size. I slush cast several of them, then cut sections off, so they looked different added to a larger base.

Stefan
08-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Looks good. I have one suggestion, if your that good at making custom parts. I would make a new barrel assembly for the mini gun, everyone that I have are warp and adding a muzzle flash effect made it worse. I cant remember the size of styrene tube I use for mine, but it ended that issue. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents.

On a side note, I cheated, with the out of scale skull base that came out years ago. I added paint thinner to brush on silicone to make the mold and let it " shrink down " to the right size. I slush cast several of them, then cut sections off, so they looked different added to a larger base.

Thanks pal, I also noted the problem with the scale of the cult classic skull base also is too large for my taste.
Not sure how a flash effect could affect the minigun :dunno I don't have any issue with the barrels then there is no reason for a modification, just a new panit job.

a-dev
08-19-2016, 02:22 PM
Cool stuff. If you'd be willing to repeat them I'd be interested in all of those except the skull base. I have the cult classics base and I'm happy with it. Now that you guys mention it I can see that the skulls are actually a bit too big but I went all this time without noticing it myself so....

scarrviper
08-19-2016, 05:39 PM
https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8453/28475730364_86c91bec05_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Koiyym)Roadkill (https://flic.kr/p/Koiyym) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

a-dev
08-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Nice. Wish I could repaint my figures. I could maybe do the blood like that but otherwise I'm lost.

scarrviper
08-20-2016, 07:31 AM
Nice. Wish I could repaint my figures. I could maybe do the blood like that but otherwise I'm lost.

Thanks. The stock paint job wasn't too bad, but I knew I could improve it. I've only recently figured out how to paint blood properly.

For that head I painted over the original blood and skin with a new flesh tone, then painted the layers of blood and added some gloss varnish last.

I also added some extra blood on his damaged hands.

GasparZizou
08-20-2016, 12:19 PM
OT question.

Since Neca released the Contra figures, have they ever said anything about releasing MGS figures? Or has anyone asked them?

Since they're both Konami properties.

Caped Baldy
08-20-2016, 12:30 PM
OT question.

Since Neca released the Contra figures, have they ever said anything about releasing MGS figures? Or has anyone asked them?

Since they're both Konami properties.

Randy has repeatedly said zero chance for anything from MGS. Konami have known to be extremely hard to work with even back when the Castlevania line released a few years ago.

Contra took two years to get going then a further 4 months in limbo waiting for approval. It's one of the reasons why that VGA Simon Belmont figure NECA showed off last year has been cancelled. Too much BS to go through.

PoeReyMi
08-21-2016, 06:33 AM
I just bought the new Ultimate T-800 at Toys R Us. I hadn't planned to pick him up because I have the Tech Noir version. I normally stick to a "one figure per character" rule to keep my collecting from getting out of hand -- but this new version is the most iconic look for the T-800 (though I much prefer my Tech Noir figure).

They had four of them in the store and only one had decent paint aps on the sunglasses head. One had brown paint spots on the forehead, one had pink/reddish paint on the hairline and one had sloppy paint around the sunglasses. Even the one I picked up isn't perfect, but it'll do. Once out of the box, I discovered they didn't paint the glasses arm on the right side of his head. Thankfully, that was an easy touch up I could do myself. The hairline on the damaged eye alternate head is also very sloppy, but I doubt I'll ever display him with that head. Still, I wonder what happened here? I purchased my Uncle Bob and Tech Noir ultimate figures online, but the paint aps on all six heads were flawless. The quality took a dive with this latest release. It also irks me that his face is so much paler compared to all the other figures in the line. Still an awesome release, but not without flaws. At least the weapons are made from solid plastic.

Staps1138
08-21-2016, 09:10 AM
I think the pale skin tone was on purpose since by that time in the film his skin tone was getting much paler compared to the beginning of the film. Maybe from loosing blood from his wounds?

a-dev
08-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Yeah, or if it wasn't deliberate it's a happy accident.

rjszar
08-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Got tired of waiting.

ADAPPJ28
08-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Got tired of waiting.

Noice!

a-dev
08-21-2016, 10:23 AM
Damn you rjszar! Damn you!

rjszar
08-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Damn you rjszar! Damn you!

I take that as high praise. It was a labor of love. It actually is a Neca figure, with a good bit of modification.

PharOOO
08-21-2016, 11:04 AM
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Oh wait, wrong movie! Seriously though, that's wonderful work! Great use of the ultimate Sarah head and fantastic paint work on the body. Whatever base figure you used really matches Sarah's body too.

rjszar
08-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Thanks! It took me a couple of weeks to do. Most of the work went into the shirt. Sneakers were also a pain. Could have cheated a little on them, but I figured if I'm going to do it, might as well do it right or I'll always want to be fixing it. I took what the figure would give me for the most part. Sarah only has her shirt untucked near the end of the movie, so I took all the cues from that. I sculpted pushed up sleeves to match one particular scene. The hair also matches that scene, her post-shower look. Wasn't quite so poufy or wavy at that point. This is the figure I started with. Would have been nice if the vest had just come off. No such luck. It was a lot of grinding followed by a lot of sanding and then epoxy, followed by more grinding and sanding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]287249[/ATTACH

P.
08-21-2016, 03:01 PM
Got tired of waiting.
287240damn. now you have them in both scales. and first i thought that Neca did it, so somebody will do it in 1/6. :(

a-dev
08-21-2016, 03:07 PM
We've got a few innovators with the NECA stuff now. It's starting to get like 1:6.

Vector
08-21-2016, 08:18 PM
NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 10h10 hours ago

NECA Retweeted

Thanks and hoping so

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS Could we someday get a Q scale T2 Arnold with a minigun. The Q scale line is epic!

snoop101
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
That's amazing. Fantastic work man.

Stefan
08-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Cool stuff. If you'd be willing to repeat them I'd be interested in all of those except the skull base.
Thanks pal actually I'm working in makin good quality plastic reproductions, will contac you when I finish the test phase.

I have the cult classics base and I'm happy with it. Now that you guys mention it I can see that the skulls are actually a bit too big but I went all this time without noticing it myself so....

now that you know, will not let you sleep at night :D

rjszar your figure is super bad ass!!! hope to be as good as you some day. :)

in the meantime, in figure fire axe test:

rjszar
08-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. I had actually never done a custom action figure (ie smaller than 1/6) before. Most of my skills come from building models. I want to apologize to those diehard Terminator fans (you know who you are) who are let's say "frustrated" because of some of the pieces in my collection. I really do feel for you. There was a point when I considered making some casts to sell, but eventually it got too late in the game, and I'm sure I would have gotten into all kinds of trouble anyway.

I tend to be a completest, so it's difficult for me not to have something in my collection. If I can do something about it, I try. I think it's almost criminal when a company leaves you one short of having a complete set of something. Yeah, Sarah would probably be a peg warmer, but how's about taking one for the consumer once in awhile. I guess if I had somewhere decent to start, I might try young John Connor next, but I shouldn't have to. These figures can be made. There's enough collector interest to make it worthwhile. Even if you make half the number you normally would and charge twice as much, collectors would pay to complete their collections. Neca may not want to deal with having to ship online orders for individual figures on a regular basis, but come on, you can't do a website exclusive of 500 once every year or so.

a-dev
08-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks pal actually I'm working in makin good quality plastic reproductions, will contac you when I finish the test phase.

now that you know, will not let you sleep at night :D

rjszar your figure is super bad ass!!! hope to be as good as you some day. :)

in the meantime, in figure fire axe test:

Thanks Stefan. The axe is looking good. I'd like to think if NECA were to come here and see these custom figures, little add-ons and changes, newly created accessories and so on they might think ''hmm, we should do that''...

Thanks for the compliments guys. I had actually never done a custom action figure (ie smaller than 1/6) before. Most of my skills come from building models. I want to apologize to those diehard Terminator fans (you know who you are) who are let's say "frustrated" because of some of the pieces in my collection. I really do feel for you. There was a point when I considered making some casts to sell, but eventually it got too late in the game, and I'm sure I would have gotten into all kinds of trouble anyway.

I tend to be a completest, so it's difficult for me not to have something in my collection. If I can do something about it, I try. I think it's almost criminal when a company leaves you one short of having a complete set of something. Yeah, Sarah would probably be a peg warmer, but how's about taking one for the consumer once in awhile. I guess if I had somewhere decent to start, I might try young John Connor next, but I shouldn't have to. These figures can be made. There's enough collector interest to make it worthwhile. Even if you make half the number you normally would and charge twice as much, collectors would pay to complete their collections. Neca may not want to deal with having to ship online orders for individual figures on a regular basis, but come on, you can't do a website exclusive of 500 once every year or so.

Haha, well don't let us stop you posting this stuff. Yeah we're jealous but it's all in a good spirit :lol And as I've just said above, if NECA sees stuff like your T1 Sarah, you never know, maybe...

Newt has been the great hope for T2 John and even T1 Sarah. They went the limited exclusive route (turns out only the accessories are limited) and then they went the 2 pack route. I can't believe this couldn't work for John and Sarah.

GasparZizou
08-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Randy has repeatedly said zero chance for anything from MGS. Konami have known to be extremely hard to work with even back when the Castlevania line released a few years ago.

Contra took two years to get going then a further 4 months in limbo waiting for approval. It's one of the reasons why that VGA Simon Belmont figure NECA showed off last year has been cancelled. Too much BS to go through.

Darn it. Thanks for the info man!

Stefan
08-23-2016, 07:55 AM

I think your work is very good, and really enjoy seeing the work of people as good as you at this, keep posting pal.

Meanwile we wait for JC, some pics of the skullbase finished.

a-dev
08-23-2016, 08:21 AM
Nicely done. And that's a modded endo for sure, new paint and some rejigging to achieve that pose. I don't think the stock figure can even come close can it?

Stefan
08-23-2016, 09:05 AM
Not even close, you say it :lol

The list of mods is this:
New chrome paint job for endo (still some details in the head to do)
New Paint job for plasma Rifle
Adjust the barrels of the plasma rifle for same lenght
Adjust the pistons in legs and arms to achive the pose
Adjust the cables in the neck
New skullbase.
:)

P.
08-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Adjust the cables in the neck
left a rep for movie posing, but those cables in the neck looks strange. they go into his back, like he is alien 1, while they are meant to imitate these (#12/14):

http://static.apteka.uz/news/anatomiya1/sheya1.jpghttp://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/terminator35.jpg

scarrviper
08-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Nice job on that custom Sarah!

And that customized Endo looks so much better.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8014/29188844385_4cdbf90772_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/LtjsvF)One Track Mind (https://flic.kr/p/LtjsvF) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Vector
08-23-2016, 06:32 PM
^^^ Excellent pic as always Scarrviper. What do you use to create the backgrounds, photoshop...?

Space Jockey
08-24-2016, 07:00 AM
WOW. I don't collect much Terminator stuff, but I do have an Endo.....I had no idea it could look so good. The new paint and stand look superb.

Stefan
08-24-2016, 07:56 AM
Thanks a lot for all your comments pals.

left a rep for movie posing, but those cables in the neck looks strange. they go into his back, like he is alien 1, while they are meant to imitate these (#12/14):

You´re right, the issue that I note is that the side cables in the movie looks very thin and near the neck, and in the neca figure looks thick, Will search another way to make them more movie accurate thanks 4 the observation.

The neca endo is te best 7" endo IMO but still have some issues:

scarrviper
08-24-2016, 08:30 AM
^^^ Excellent pic as always Scarrviper. What do you use to create the backgrounds, photoshop...?

Thanks. These recent terminator pics were shot in front of my imac monitor with a background image displayed on it fullscreen. Think rear projection rather than green screen.

Usually my pics are done outside or indoors with an actual built diorama. I've only recently been experimenting with the old monitor trick.

Vector
08-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Thanks. These recent terminator pics were shot in front of my imac monitor with a background image displayed on it fullscreen. Think rear projection rather than green screen.

Usually my pics are done outside or indoors with an actual built diorama. I've only recently been experimenting with the old monitor trick.

Cool idea to use the monitor image as the background. May have to try that.

PoeReyMi
08-24-2016, 01:52 PM
You´re right, the issue that I note is that the side cables in the movie looks very thin and near the neck, and in the neca figure looks thick, Will search another way to make them more movie accurate thanks 4 the observation.I ordered my first NECA endo last month. The cables were very close to the neck on the one I received, so it looked more film accurate than most of them do. Unfortunately, it still had a few problems: Someone at the factory used the smaller elbow pin on the shoulder joint, causing the left arm to be extremely loose. There was also a big ugly blob of black paint on his chest plate, which I was able to fix with a quick touch-up.

I ordered another one, but was annoyed to see the weathering on it was far more extreme than the first figure. The silver paint was used so sparingly that the hands and feet were almost entirely black. I ended up prying the shoulder pin off of the new figure and using it to repair the first one I received. Total pain to deal with (especially since neither figure should have passed a QA check), but at least I have a decent looking endo in my collection now.

Davea1982
08-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Hey fellow Terminator collectors. Just wanted to share a couple of commissions I've finished recently. The endo is my personal piece and the others are all for clients. Comments are welcome and if anyone here is on Facebook please feel free to check my custom page out. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/11194e1a2b5ed622227f94ca2492db1a.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/3f87235908abea60918176488d733ef8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/ea68a5682b0ebeecb4dd3e312275e620.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

scarrviper
08-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Cool idea to use the monitor image as the background. May have to try that.

The trick is having the right image to use and having the right lighting.

a-dev
08-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Randy retweeted someone's galleria hallway diorama on twitter complete with Pepsi dispenser machine. I want it.

Stefan
08-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Randy retweeted someone's galleria hallway diorama on twitter complete with Pepsi dispenser machine. I want it.

Looks fantastic!, He put a lot of work on detail, not sure why is t-800 wearing gloves.
That diorama needs a JC NOW!!!

a-dev
08-25-2016, 10:16 AM
Looks fantastic!, He put a lot of work on detail, not sure why is t-800 wearing gloves.
That diorama needs a JC NOW!!!

Noticed the gloves.

My only criticism of the dio is - if you go that far might aswell go a little further. Make enough of it that you could convincingly do a photoshoot of the whole scene. Make the back walls for where T-800 and T-1000 come around the corners at opposite ends of the hall with John in between. Make enough of it that you could take a photograph and not have the real 1:1 world ruining the shot.

I had the same feeling about the 1:6 Pescadero diorama I own, originally only a small segment of the elevator was made because the original owner wanted it to fit into a pre-defined space. I say screw space!! Make the whole thing or go home. So anyway once I acquired it I built the rest of the elevator myself and added a ceiling - the only piece of creativity I've ever had in this hobby. :lol

scarrviper
08-25-2016, 04:09 PM
https://c6.staticflickr.com/9/8155/28611236813_2eca2c245d_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/KAh4Ur)Last Resort (https://flic.kr/p/KAh4Ur) by scarrviper (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

a-dev
08-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Nice.

Weirdly enough that figure has reached UK retailers and I'm still waiting on BBTS.

Staps1138
09-02-2016, 06:00 AM
Some big reveals next Tuesday for the next exclusive, could it be John with endo arm?

Caped Baldy
09-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Not sure. Something 'impossible now possible' makes me think it will be Turtles related along with whatever else they plan to reveal.

Basically a-dev's reaction when John Connor gets announced. :lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/Nq0DqI3srHaSI/giphy.gif

P.
09-02-2016, 09:01 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Nq0DqI3srHaSI/giphy.gifthe one and only terminator, opposed by all those foster father figures starting with...

http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v116/maestros/Smilies/vomit-smiley-015.gif

a-dev
09-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Not sure. Something 'impossible now possible' makes me think it will be Turtles related along with whatever else they plan to reveal.

Basically a-dev's reaction when John Connor gets announced. :lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/Nq0DqI3srHaSI/giphy.gif

I'm very intrigued :pray:

Vector
09-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Ultimate motorcycle cop revealed.

PO is up on BBTS:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12915&mode=retail

a-dev
09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
That damn motorcycle cop T-1000 keeps showing up instead of John Connor. I'm beginning to resent him if I'm honest.

Anyway, bought obviously.

09-06-2016, 01:33 PM
So it doesn't have knee articulation?

a-dev
09-06-2016, 01:34 PM
It's hidden by the boot.

ApeManRyan
09-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Yeah I'll be picking that up when it hits eBay.

jye4ever
09-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I went ahead and repainted his gun, out of box it was mostly silver. I painted it black then made the tips silver.

09-06-2016, 01:45 PM
It's hidden by the boot.

Cool, thanks! :hi5:

scarrviper
09-06-2016, 03:01 PM
I'd love to see a new kyle reese, but I'll take that t-1000. Looks much better than the original release.

a-dev
09-06-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm still not fond of the shorter legs they've been giving the Ultimates, I think the proportions were closer on the original releases so I personally wouldn't say it looks better. Better range of display options and accessories obviously but there should be what with being an Ultimate.

a-dev
09-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Ordered 2 Motorcycle Cops, one to display as is and another for investigative kitbashing purposes - I want a few fully articulated Steel Mill T-1000s. If NECA don't make one officially then this motorcycle cop figure's legs in combination with the torso of a previous T-1000 release would be the way to go - although there could be complications, maybe the outfit colours won't match up and/or the attachment mechanism will be incompatible without additional ****ing around. Until I find all this out I don't really know what to buy.

guyver1
09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Has anyone seen the Police station Terminator at TRU yet? My TRUs have Jack crap

a-dev
09-06-2016, 06:17 PM
BBTS still doesn't have it either

Vector
09-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Has anyone seen the Police station Terminator at TRU yet? My TRUs have Jack crap

If you want the Ultimate Police Station Assault is it up for PO on BBTS for $24.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12859&mode=retail

Vector
09-06-2016, 06:33 PM
The Police Station Assault is also in stock and ready to ship on TRU.

Something weird keeps happening to the link and flipping it to eBay but the figure is on the TRU site.

Vector
09-06-2016, 06:57 PM
They may be old promo shots but more pics of the Ultimate Motorcycle Cop are up on Toyark:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/09/06/neca-terminator-2-ultimate-motorcycle-cop-t-1000-220319

KoBE
09-06-2016, 07:09 PM
They may be old promo shots but more pics of the Ultimate Motorcycle Cop are up on Toyark:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/09/06/neca-terminator-2-ultimate-motorcycle-cop-t-1000-220319

Is there anything new in this release that hasn't been released before?

Vector
09-06-2016, 07:19 PM
^^^ In looking at the two Ultimate T-1000s from T2, there are some shared parts.

a-dev
09-06-2016, 07:30 PM

Swear to god it better just be my imagination that one of those legs is shorter than the other....

P.
09-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Swear to god it better just be my imagination that one of those legs is shorter than the other....http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=290634&d=1473214614

your imagination is too vivid.
it's clear that one leg is longer than the other :lol

a-dev
09-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Yep, that is another concerning picture. It started with Sarah Connor and has been the case on both T1 Ultimates and possibly now this aswell.

P.
09-06-2016, 10:11 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2wqu6wl.jpg

BurningRage
09-07-2016, 04:30 AM
If you want the Ultimate Police Station Assault is it up for PO on BBTS for $24.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12859&mode=retail

It was stock at Entertainment Earth. Got it a couple of weeks ago.

Stefan
09-07-2016, 07:45 AM
, there are some shared parts.

Great! I have plans for those shared parts :rock

a-dev
09-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Dude on twitter - Could the "Pretzel Man" version of the T-1000 (his look after he got exploded by the grenade launcher) be a possibility someday?

Randy - Maybe but nothing currently planned on that front

It's a no-brainer if this line is to be continued beyond just reissues. Along with Cleaved Man T-1000. I dunno why these have to be 'maybe'd and 'no plans'd.

YoNoSe
09-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Just a heads up - I picked up a Neca Endo this morning at Walgreens and he rang up $10.49 on Sale. :)

jye4ever
09-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Damn that's a win Yo, I need to go to WG now.

Lovecrafty
09-09-2016, 04:00 PM

Finished repaint of this amazing figure

scarrviper
09-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Fantastic work.

Lovecrafty
09-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks very much

jye4ever
09-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Gorgeous.

Dyson
09-10-2016, 09:17 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2wqu6wl.jpg

What is that?

P.
09-11-2016, 05:14 AM
What is that?a necromorph from Dead Space 2.

Space Jockey
09-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks very much

That looks great! What did you use to fill in the joints?

Lovecrafty
09-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks, I used Green Stuff, I normally use Miliput, but someone suggested this and it was far easier to sculpt.

a-dev
09-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Again regarding Kenner tribute Terminator figures:

Randy - Could happen but hasn't been a priority. Doesn't work as well as alien and predator. We did Endoglow

As I look at a checklist I found

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=246

I guess he's right. You certainly wouldn't make all of them like they are endeavouring to do with the Aliens and Predators. Seems like if you make one you've basically made the rest of them where it's a case of just a different coloured outfit, different location of battle-damage and some stupid looking accessory. 2-3 of them would sell for the novelty value but if they made more I expect sales would really drop off.

If it was only to be 2 or 3 figures which ones would people want? I wonder how much it would vary. Personally I'd only want the ones I happened to be most familiar with back then - Powerarm Terminator, Secret Weapon Terminator and exploding T-1000 but this could be different for everyone. I also had the Techno-punch Terminator (the endoskeleton) but obviously there's nothing NECA could do with that really.

Jester
09-12-2016, 10:51 AM
If it was only to be 2 or 3 figures which ones would people want?John Connor. :lol

rjszar
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Truthfully, I don't think I would want any of them. Still have dozens of the originals in package.

a-dev
09-13-2016, 09:15 AM
John Connor. :lol

A perfect choice. :lecture

a-dev
09-21-2016, 09:14 AM
What the **** #1 - how does BBTS still not have the Ultimate Police Shootout T-800

What the **** #2 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Terminator-2-7-Action-Figure-T-800-Video-Game-Appearance-NECA-/272209894889?hash=item3f60f95de9
so this figure also has one leg longer than the other judging by the main pic and it's particularly noticeable in the in-package photo where there can be no saying it's something to do with the pose.So Uhhh, NECA, I love you, you're my favourite toy company, but what the **** is going on here? This is an issue seemingly on all the Terminator ultimates except the T-1000. And I've recently even found it on Vasquez in the Aliens line. Why has no one complained about this on twitter? I'm thinking of joining up just to do that.

rjszar
09-21-2016, 09:31 AM
What the **** #1 - how does BBTS still not have the Ultimate Police Shootout T-800

What the **** #2 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Terminator-2-7-Action-Figure-T-800-Video-Game-Appearance-NECA-/272209894889?hash=item3f60f95de9
so this figure also has one leg longer than the other judging by the main pic and it's particularly noticeable in the in-package photo where there can be no saying it's something to do with the pose.So Uhhh, NECA, I love you, you're my favourite toy company, but what the **** is going on here? This is an issue seemingly on all the Terminator ultimates except the T-1000. And I've recently even found it on Vasquez in the Aliens line. Why has no one complained about this on twitter? I'm thinking of joining up just to do that.

:exactly:

Thainitty
09-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself a-dev.....the delay in shipping to retailers and the one short leg one long leg thing are really bugging me

a-dev
09-21-2016, 11:48 AM
I'm thinking of compiling a post full of pics of this issue. I'm pretty sure it can even be seen in the official solicitation images of the figures. I've seen it in other people's pics, I've seen it on youtube reviewers' figures (those guys seem blissfully ignorant of it although I don't know how in the hell).

It's annoying finally having figures that are theoretically capable of having neutral museum type poses and yet because of this issue you end up having to go with some action pose anyway so as to disguise that one leg is longer than the other. And since the previous Tech Noir and Police Shootout figures had action poses in the first place...

rjszar
09-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Got tired of waiting for BBTS. Went down to the local Toys R Us and picked up a couple. At least one had legs that looked of equal length in the package. It remains to be seen if that is the case once opened.

a-dev
09-21-2016, 12:06 PM
I've got store credit to use at BBTS which I could do with taking advantage of at the moment so, although I'd love to just order it from somewhere that has it in stock right now, I feel I shouldn't.

rjszar
09-21-2016, 12:10 PM
Okay, just pulled him out and............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................yes, they are equal in length, or they at least allow him to stand straight up.

a-dev
09-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Well, seems like a lottery then, but with a way higher than acceptable chance of getting one with a lopsided stance.

rjszar
09-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Alright, just to put your mind a little more at ease a-dev. I pulled out the other one that was clearly uneven in the box. I stood it on the table without touching anything and it was of course lopsided. Straightened out the torso which was leaning to the right, adjusted the leg a little and perfection. Just looks like they don't take the time to "window dress" it in the package.

a-dev
09-21-2016, 01:51 PM
That doesn't really set my mind at ease unfortunately. I have futzed the bejaysus out of my lopsided Tech Noirs till it seemed like I'd equalised the legs but the very next time I touch them they're leaning to the left again. There's something going on with the joints inside the crotch piece making the left legs more recessed up inside. Same with Sarah Connor.

Thainitty
09-21-2016, 02:23 PM
All my neca ultimate terminator figures have a long and short leg too...always have to have one leg slightly bent and posed like the figure is walking

rjszar
09-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Don't know what to say. I've opened two Police Shootouts and a Tech Noir and all were fine.

a-dev
09-21-2016, 11:32 PM
There's only one way I can believe you - clearly you must send them to me along with your 1:6 and 1:10 T1 Sarah customs.

P.
09-22-2016, 12:19 AM
There's only one way I can believe you - clearly you must send them to me along with your 1:6 and 1:10 T1 Sarah customs.wait a minute, why should he send his 1/6 Sarah to you? :mad:

rjszar
09-22-2016, 12:57 AM
wait a minute, why should he send his 1/6 Sarah to you? :mad:

:lol Obviously, a duel to the death is in order. Whoever sends proof of the demise of the other will get the customs.:lol

P.
09-22-2016, 01:31 AM
a-dev doesn't even like T1 enough to have custom figures of missing characters, so he doesn't need any because he didn't even start.
and worse - he thinks that T2 is better overall.
and the only thing he needs it for is to clear your name of his suspicions, he said it himself.
so he simply is not worthy!

http://orig07.deviantart.net/4b6a/f/2012/183/e/0/thor_owns_hulk_by_joefoo-d55oy9z.jpghttps://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/hulk2-300pic31.gif

http://oi67.tinypic.com/20u7eie.jpg

rjszar
09-22-2016, 02:13 AM
And P. gains the upper hand early with some crushing blows!!!!

P.
09-22-2016, 02:37 AM
aaand i have an avatar, a second picture and a signature saying i'm the one who looks for 1/6 T1 Sarah Connor. with no pity, remorse, or fear.
and judging by a-dev's avatar she is not even a mission priority for him.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/4YZC/checkmate/image.jpg

FriendlyPiranha
09-22-2016, 06:26 AM
I'm thinking of compiling a post full of pics of this issue. I'm pretty sure it can even be seen in the official solicitation images of the figures. I've seen it in other people's pics, I've seen it on youtube reviewers' figures (those guys seem blissfully ignorant of it although I don't know how in the hell).

It's annoying finally having figures that are theoretically capable of having neutral museum type poses and yet because of this issue you end up having to go with some action pose anyway so as to disguise that one leg is longer than the other. And since the previous Tech Noir and Police Shootout figures had action poses in the first place...

I firstly encountered this situation with my Kane figure, second time around with Chopper, then my "signed" A3 Ripley (which I managed to exchange) and lastly the Tech Noir. I have no doubts in my mind, Police Shootout will come the same way. Oh, forgot my WY Commando and Elder Pred 2. I also noticed different types of hip articulation being used (left and right leg joints are not the same).

ApeManRyan
09-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Yeah my Police and Tech Noir both have the one leg longer then the other issue but they stand up straight and look fine. I forget if I mentioned that issue in my review and I'm sorry if I failed too. Mine looks fine like it doesn't even have the issue. I wonder why Neca made them that way though it kind of reminds me of when Sideshow's older figures had that syndrome and they gave you the cobble stone base to even it out.

a-dev
09-22-2016, 10:05 AM
wait a minute, why should he send his 1/6 Sarah to you? :mad:

a-dev doesn't even like T1 enough to have custom figures of missing characters, so he doesn't need any because he didn't even start.
and worse - he thinks that T2 is better overall.
and the only thing he needs it for is to clear your name of his suspicions, he said it himself.
so he simply is not worthy!

:rotfl

rjszar, tell you what, send everything to me and.....I'll make sure P. gets your 1:6 customs (struggles to hold back laughter) . Just to make it easier for you by only having to send to one address. It's the least I can do considering the favour you'd be doing.

I like T1 and T2 equally by the way, sounds like a cop-out I'm sure but what can I say, it's the truth. It may seem that I like T2 more because I'm defending it all the time from the T1ers! I have more T2 toys admittedly but that's mainly because it gets more toys both currently and in the past.

I firstly encountered this situation with my Kane figure, second time around with Chopper, then my "signed" A3 Ripley (which I managed to exchange) and lastly the Tech Noir. I have no doubts in my mind, Police Shootout will come the same way. Oh, forgot my WY Commando, he's a bit lopsided too (I'm working on a exchange). I also noticed different types of hip articulation being used (left and right leg joints are not the same).

I didn't know it could be an issue on those other figures. Just had a look at Alien 3 Ripley and yeah kinda, although it's so minimal in her case I wouldn't have complained had I ever noticed it before. Just, it's not what I would call minimal on the Terminator Ultimates. If I were to express it in actual measurement terms it would sound minimal but visually it's enough to be annoying.

Yeah my Police and Tech Noir both have the one leg longer then the other issue but they stand up straight and look fine. I forget if I mentioned that issue in my review and I'm sorry if I failed too. Mine looks fine like it doesn't even have the issue. I wonder why Neca made them that way though it kind of reminds me of when Sideshow's older figures had that syndrome and they gave you the cobble stone base to even it out.

Next time, next time....:wink1:

ApeManRyan
09-22-2016, 10:07 AM
I can't remember though I'll have to watch it again and see but yes next time I will!

rjszar
09-22-2016, 01:53 PM
aaand i have an avatar, a second picture and a signature saying i'm the one who looks for 1/6 T1 Sarah Connor. with no pity, remorse, or fear.
and judging by a-dev's avatar she is not even a mission priority for him.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/4YZC/checkmate/image.jpg
All valid points P. You deliver a strong case. Gotta hand it to a-dev though. He had the nerve to demand I send the figures in the first place.

Well, just so you guys know, I'm considering making a third Sarah. I just sent a head out to have it professionally haired (at no small expense). Maybe I could actually send one out to my BEST BUDDY. (intentionally ambiguous) :rolleyes2

P.
09-22-2016, 02:55 PM
It may seem that I like T2 more because I'm defending it all the time from the T1ers!:lol
don't even know who you're talking about.

All valid points P. You deliver a strong case. Gotta hand it to a-dev though. He had the nerve to demand I send the figures in the first place. i did so half a year ago (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159013&p=8491322&viewfull=1#post8491322) :)

scarrviper
09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
It's weird how the recent terminator figures seem to be more susceptible to the long leg short leg problem. My Vasquez is fine, as is my ultimate nathan drake.

The worst case of it in my collection would be my elder predator 2.0 One of his legs is way shorter (or longer depending on which is correct) Makes him a pain in the ass to stand.

Thainitty
09-23-2016, 02:58 PM
I gave up on bbts and ordered police shoot out terminator from tru

Dave McFly
09-25-2016, 03:16 PM
I know they are not as well liked as the other Terminator figures but I got Neca's Genisys Guardian (84 version) and T100 both for 22 bucks in the clearance isle at a store in my mall. they look good next to my Ultimate T2 T800 and Ultimate John Matrix from Commando ;).

FriendlyPiranha
09-26-2016, 12:59 AM
I know they are not as well liked as the other Terminator figures but I got Neca's Genisys Guardian (84 version) and T100.

For me personally, that movie doesn't even exist, just like the new ID4. I really don't see the reason for Randy not considering T3 and T4. I'm pretty sure those can generate pretty awesome figures.

MaulFan
09-26-2016, 04:11 PM
T4 I'm sure is due to lack of Arnold, my guess is T3 is because for all the shortcomings of Genisys, Guardian T-800 felt more loke T2 T-800 and less comic relief than T3.

a-dev
09-26-2016, 05:50 PM
I don't see why they don't chance T3. Yes it's a crap film but so is Alien Resurrection and that's getting a small set of figures. And while the Alien films seem to have a more 'arty' reputation than Terminator and thus whatever legitimacy and marketability Randy may feel that brings - surely the Arnie factor for T3 levels that playing field and makes it no less worthwhile. With the T-850 and his various states of battle-damage there's a lot of potential there.

jye4ever
09-26-2016, 06:29 PM
T3 > AR

P.
09-26-2016, 06:53 PM
http://viralportal.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/1342679169_Smelly_Poop_by_gybbi94.jpg > https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1194239219/poop3.jpg
huh?..

jye4ever
09-26-2016, 07:02 PM
One does look nicer than the other. :lol

P.
09-26-2016, 07:14 PM
well i tried to fit movie color palette and amount of disgusting details :)

http://stagevu.com/img/thumbnail/vaqfocdxuiyqbig.jpghttp://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/alien4-04.jpg

a-dev
09-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Hah, I just saw what you did there.

Hope Randy posts something Terminator related today....it being tuesday.

edit - oh, no, looks like it's going to be more Turtles pics.

Davea1982
09-27-2016, 03:30 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160927/1bf6a986f659af3446f193e422d61910.jpg A client wanted his police station Neca to look more zombied so it matches the end of the movie. Naturally I was happy to oblige.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jester
09-28-2016, 08:30 AM
All this talk about legs...well, I've never noticed any problems in my Ultimate T-800, but his T-1000 counterpart does require a bit of futzing to get him to stand straight. I don't think the legs are different lengths, though. It seems as though the problem is located in the hips.

By the way, I did some quick comparisons and the T-1000's legs aren't actually noticeably shorter than the T-800's or, say, the standard Colonial Marine body's. The problem is that the T-1000's feet are about half the height of the other figures'...

Vector
10-02-2016, 06:11 PM
NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 3h3 hours ago

NECA Retweeted

Maybe a reissue of ED-209 for the 30th anniversary. The rest don't look good

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS My wishlist, any hope? 1.Blade Runner, 2.John McClane v2, 3.Ed209 reissue, 4.Robocop2 Cain, 5.SDCC YoungJohnConner, 6.TheMatrix

a-dev
10-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Well, he's probably the most plausible out of all the others.....there's that.....

P.
10-02-2016, 07:57 PM
@NECA_TOYS My wishlist, any hope? 1.Blade Runner, 2.John McClane v2, 3.Ed209 reissue, 4.Robocop2 Cain, 5.SDCC YoungJohnConner, 6.TheMatrix

YengJehnConner.

a-dev
10-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Jehn, you've got to go now. GO! NOW!

P.
10-02-2016, 10:06 PM
nope. YengJehn Conner.

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.32669544.5144/sticker,375x360.u1.png

Vector
10-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Just FYI. The YoungJohnConner tweet was not mine. Just passing along info.

I feel like I need to start putting a disclaimer on these things... :)

P.
10-03-2016, 02:56 PM

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/vilenskaya_ya/76715514/1112144/1112144_800.jpg

a-dev
10-03-2016, 03:34 PM
It'd be nice to see something new at NYCC, this week isn't it? Although I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up. I've made that mistake twice in the recent past. With the T2 3D release not happening till next year will that mean no new Terminator reveals for the rest of the year?

snoop101
10-03-2016, 04:04 PM
It'd be nice to see something new at NYCC, this week isn't it? Although I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up. I've made that mistake twice in the recent past. With the T2 3D release not happening till next year will that mean no new Terminator reveals for the rest of the year?

Thats kind of what I figured, nothing until next year for T2-3D.

a-dev
10-03-2016, 05:29 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/vlcsnap-2016-10-04-01h21m49s133_zps42dy8eib.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/vlcsnap-2016-10-04-01h21m49s133_zps42dy8eib.png.html)

I need more figures now.....

Caped Baldy
10-03-2016, 06:11 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/vlcsnap-2016-10-04-01h21m49s133_zps42dy8eib.png (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/vlcsnap-2016-10-04-01h21m49s133_zps42dy8eib.png.html)

I need more figures now.....

Don't worry, dev. I'm building a John Connor especially for you. I'm using this as a basis for the prototype for the legs. :monkey3

http://www.tallerheels.com/files/cache/one-leg-shorter-than-other.jpg

Hmm. Can't help but feel I went wrong somewhere. :lol

a-dev
10-03-2016, 06:19 PM

DiFabio
10-04-2016, 07:56 AM
NECA has been lame with their Terminator releases. Nothing new since Sarah really.

In other news, I combined the Ultimate Tech Noir and Police Shootout (long haired Arnold head, tech noir shirt, tech noir gloves with police leather jacket and the uzi) and it. Is. Awesome.

Maybe I'll take pics when I'm home.

a-dev
10-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Do, I'd like to see that.

Unbelievably BBTS still doesn't have the Ultimate Police Shootout figure. I'd order it from my other shop in the UK but they seem to have forgotten about a previous order I made so I have to email them about that first.