PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

CSM101
06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
im really hoping that the Kyle Reese is him at the end with a taped hand blood on his face, a pipe bomb and a poll that would be grate.

CSM101
06-15-2011, 12:32 AM
has any one got one yet? my motorcycle cop is in the mail, dam its exiting.:impatient:

axecutioner18
06-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Why T1000 didnt take the appearance of T800 may be explained by the official novelisation of the movie I remember reading long back (A cousin took the book to read when I was back in school and 'misplaced' it) Apparently the the T1000 though could mimic it tried to keep to the cop appearance as its original mass was most comfortable with that build. It was mentioned in the book (in the pescadero hospital scene) That even after killing the fat guard he took his appearance to pass the security checkpoint but soon got back to the cop avatar because it was more comfortable in it as distributed bulk in the fat officers avatar was not efficient for its movement. I expect in a fight with the T800 (Arnie being much largely built) to mimic the T800 it would have too much free space within itself thus reducing a LOT of efficiency in fighting.

Terminator_Fan_Game
06-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Bring on 1984 Kyle Reese!
And the 2029 while were there.

DiFabio
06-16-2011, 09:24 AM
They've hit. (http://cgi.ebay.com/NECA-Terminator-T2-Judgement-Day-Series-1-set-3-/310325882531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4840dd2ea3)

crazypredator2
06-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Terminator 1 figures have arrived,and are in stock, seen them on another board,
waiting to hear some reviews, before i decide to get one of these or not.

modeljag
06-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Did I miss the pics?

PharOOO
06-17-2011, 07:26 PM
http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586153

crazypredator2
06-17-2011, 08:54 PM
i wonder if the new china factory did these terminator figures or the old one?

crazypredator2
06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
i went ahead and ordered t1 t-800 and t-1000,
i'll wait on the endo, till i see some in hand pictures.

crazypredator2
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
anyone have these yet? dieing to hear and see a in hand review.

Valfar
06-18-2011, 06:48 PM
My LCS got them in, i picked up the Tech Noir T-800 and the Endo looks great but, maybe another time...T-1000 is meh.

crazypredator2
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
My LCS got them in, i picked up the Tech Noir T-800 and the Endo looks great but, maybe another time...T-1000 is meh.

how is the paint jobs on them?

Valfar
06-18-2011, 08:19 PM
I personally like the T2 T-800 paint job a bit better then the Tech Noir..maybe its missing more of a wash to bring out some detail over that flat skin tone paint..i can't complain too much, i like the figure and will take pics in a bit. The paint apps on the T-1000 looked sharp to me, Endo looked alright too.

*edit*

Just took a look at dudes pics of the T-1000 on Spawn boards, his looks like a sh't paint job..the three T-1000's i saw in person had good paint apps.

Valfar
06-19-2011, 06:46 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/291m0l3.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2uiybkw.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/314bevt.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/11u8042.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/19s7cj.jpg

Lord Freezer
06-19-2011, 06:57 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/291m0l3.jpg

:hi5: :yess:

PharOOO
06-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the great pics, Valfar!
Overall, the figure looks really good. The sculpt, as usual, is solid. Paint work is normal NECA quality which I've come to accept. Not too sure why NECA chose to give him rosey cheeks though.

When Series 2 arrives, I plan on doing a pretty simple custom with the Police Shootout version. I'm going to assume that the leather jacket is removable. If so, I'll remove the vest part of the jacket leaving only the gray t-shirt. After that, I'll look for a set of bare muscle arms, preferably NECA, that I will replace with the leather jacket arms of the T-800. Then I'll simply swap the 2nd head that comes packed with the police shootout version with the exposed endo eye. A simple custom for the eye surgery scene.

DiFabio
06-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Wow, these aren't looking too good. I had faith in the T-1000 but even that one looks awful. I don't know if it's the paint or what but these look like crap.

The first and original T2 figures are so much better.

I'm at a loss because I was really excited when I saw the pics at Toy Fair. That and the Tech Noir really had me excited. But these in hand pics just don't look good at all. The Tech Noir looks really, really bad.

Valfar
06-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Nah it looks good for what class of collectible it is, flash ruins the genuine in hand experience...its not as bad as you think.

a-dev
06-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Flash highlights every flaw. I'm sure the paint is no worse than the previous figures - still crap - and sadly no improvement but if you knew what to expect its not altogether disappointing either. The eyes look particularly bad in Valfars pics but...well I'll still get them.

Desamo
06-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Woah T-800 doesnt look good.Im still getting him.

Terminator_Fan_Game
06-19-2011, 11:47 AM
The pictures dont look great, but Im sure it'll look better in hand, so Im still getting the Technoir T-800.

NO2X_
06-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Not a bad figure for 7 inches. Definitely i'll buy because Arnie as a pUnk is awesome (police shootout is also badass :D )

The Rider
06-19-2011, 06:09 PM
The Pictures looks horrible.
Bad Paint Job neca !
Why, other 7" Figures like Ash have a wonderfull Paint Job.
Arnies Hairs are to glossy and the Eyes to dead.

The Rider
06-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Have all T-1000 Motorcycle Cops this bad Zombie Face ?

Matt S
06-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Do they even try to paint decent apps anymore? Damn, that looks bad

buzzybean
06-19-2011, 10:12 PM
How do you guys rate the Neca 18" T2 T-800 Endoskeleton? I missed this at retail and can get one for under $50 on ebay. Do you think it's worth it? I have the old Toy Island version from way back in storage so I imagine this will be a huge upgrade- LOL

BB

a-dev
06-20-2011, 05:06 AM
How do you guys rate the Neca 18" T2 T-800 Endoskeleton? I missed this at retail and can get one for under $50 on ebay. Do you think it's worth it? I have the old Toy Island version from way back in storage so I imagine this will be a huge upgrade- LOL

BB

Unless you get a chrome repaint its pretty awful IMO. Very toy-like.

DiFabio
06-20-2011, 06:41 AM

BB

It's a great figure. It's the best Endo NECA has done. The only problem I have with it is when you light the eyes the light kind of shows through parts of the head instead of being secluded to just the eyes. I also know I have one where the jaw has trouble staying closed. I mean it will close, but it's a _____ to make it "stick" so the endo's mouth isn't wide open.

a-dev
06-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Its nice to have an openable mouth on the endos but I never use it. The only time I recall an endo opening its mouth was in T4.

crazypredator2
06-20-2011, 07:46 AM
it will be thursday or friday before i get my T1- arnold and t-1000,
hoping the paint will be good on these, it's hard to tell about the paint in the pictures i've seen so far because of the lighing and flash.

EndoT800
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Unless you get a chrome repaint its pretty awful IMO. Very toy-like.

I wouldn't say it's awful, I've seen worse like this one. This one is a total POS except for the Plasma rifle & the pictures on the back of the box. No amount of customizing will help this one.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/qenex/mz3Z.jpg

The Neca 18in still has a nice design, but I agree once you customize it with a repaint, it looks amazing!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/qenex/Battle%20Damaged%20Endo/EndoBeforeAfter.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/qenex/FourEndos-1.jpg

a-dev
06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm afraid awesome repaints like yours have ruined the stock figure for me. :mad::wink1::D

crazypredator2
06-21-2011, 11:10 AM
anyone have the new endo in hand yet?

Agentofchaos
06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Found this on ebay that looks somewhat similar to the repaint above..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Chromed-T-800-Terminator-18-Neca-not-Hot-Toy-/120728558508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1bfb9bac

Megatron
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
just buy some chrome color spraypaint from lowes, home dpt etc and just paint the endo yourself worked best for me

samhain88
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
So, when is the Tech Noir T 800 shipping? I've seen a few ''in hand'' pics on Ebay. Just waiting for my LCS to get them. Im anxious!

CMD Store has em IN STOCK! Can't be long now! Yes!

crazypredator2
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
So, when is the Tech Noir T 800 shipping? I've seen a few ''in hand'' pics on Ebay. Just waiting for my LCS to get them. Im anxious!

CMD Store has em IN STOCK! Can't be long now! Yes!

they're shipping now, amoktime got them last week,mine will be here tomarrow.

EndoT800
06-22-2011, 08:50 AM
just buy some chrome color spraypaint from lowes, home dpt etc and just paint the endo yourself worked best for me

I don't agree doing that. That so called "Chrome" spray is just silver paint. Do you have some pics of your Endo painted with this chrome spray?
Appying a true chrome finish to an Endo is not an easy process as you are dealing with laquer based paints & plastic parts that do not mix well with each other, but once done the outcome is like night & day.

Jace Madan
06-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Found them all at my local comic shop today. T-800 and T-1000 are pretty cool. I think i prefer the T-2 Arnie headsculpt though.

The new Endoskeleton is nice, the silver paint seems a bit more shiny and looks closer to chrome than the previous versions. The new headsculpt looks nice, and the fully shut jaw looks good, but I'm gonna have to say I still prefer the original cult classics Endo's head.

Some areas on this new head just seem... i don't know, a little off to me, especially around the upper mouth/lip, nose and "cheekbone" areas. Also the one I got has ALOT of black paint on the head, and it looks weird with so much weathering on the head, and only a little weathering on the body. If you are a fan of the Endo it is definitely worth getting, but I still prefer the first release Endo's head.

CSM101
06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Found them all at my local comic shop today. T-800 and T-1000 are pretty cool. I think i prefer the T-2 Arnie headsculpt though.

The new Endoskeleton is nice, the silver paint seems a bit more shiny and looks closer to chrome than the previous versions. The new headsculpt looks nice, and the fully shut jaw looks good, but I'm gonna have to say I still prefer the original cult classics Endo's head.

Some areas on this new head just seem... i don't know, a little off to me, especially around the upper mouth/lip, nose and "cheekbone" areas. Also the one I got has ALOT of black paint on the head, and it looks weird with so much weathering on the head, and only a little weathering on the body. If you are a fan of the Endo it is definitely worth getting, but I still prefer the first release Endo's head.

can we please see some pics compering all 3 head sculpts of the neca endos:pray:

samhain88
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
can we please see some pics compering all 3 head sculpts of the neca endos:pray:

Times 2!:pray:

The Rider
06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Video Reviews of the T-1000 Motorcycle cop and the new Endoskeleton:

YouTube - ‪Video Review of the NECA Terminator 2 Judgment Day; T-1000 (Motorcycle Cop)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Video Review of the NECA Terminator; T-800 (Endoskeleton)‬‏

crazypredator2
06-25-2011, 06:31 PM
i think the old china factory done these, a lot of paint flaws and slop on the one's i've seen so far.
i doubt i buy anymore of this line, unless qc improves.

a-dev
06-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for posting those Rider.

I think the reviewer is a little over-enthusiastic. A lot of NECA polesquatting there if I may borrow a phrase from Nam! :D I also wonder if he's heard of Hot Toys.

I'm definitely buying these, I want to complete the ol' 7" collection and these are as essential as any.

T-1000 looks good, the headsculpt has grown on me. I used to think it looked a bit wierd, too small or something. However it certainly looks like RP. The sculpting is very good over the whole figure. Predictably it seems the sword arm is warped in package. I'm not sure what purpose the bending knees are supposed to serve* considering theres no hip articulation but we'll take it I guess :dunno Lastly I was truly expecting his arms to break when the reviewer was demonstrating the articulation. My T2 series 3 T-1000s broke under far less stress than that!

I'm glad to hear about the improvements on the endoskeleton. I thought the paint looked better alright and sure enough the headsculpt is pretty good. I'm also glad they got rid of the needless opening jaw - just another area for NECAs QC to fail - and not a feature I ever used anyway. The hoses and connectors going into the head look a bit ridiculous in that vid though. Something will have to be done about those. All in all however I'm glad I ordered one of these.

edit - *hmm just thought of what the bending knees on the T-1000 might be for - a possible future frozen T-1000 variant?

Silasya77
06-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks for posting those Rider.

I think the reviewer is a little over-enthusiastic. A lot of NECA polesquatting there if I may borrow a phrase from Nam! :D I also wonder if he's heard of Hot Toys.

Reviewer himself has stated previously that he's heard of Hot Toys, but thinks that they're out of his price range. Hence, he's always thought of NECA as 'superior' and tries to ignore Hot Toys's figs in general.

Sounds more like he's just trying to justify not being able to get them, I suppose. :dunno

a-dev
06-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Reviewer himself has stated previously that he's heard of Hot Toys, but thinks that they're out of his price range. Hence, he's always thought of NECA as 'superior' and tries to ignore Hot Toys's figs in general.

Sounds more like he's just trying to justify not being able to get them, I suppose. :dunno

Some people still resist them because they can't help but think of them as 'dolls' what with the superarticulated bodies and the real clothes. To them they are not real Action Figures because their definition of action figure is limited to entirely sculpted figures. Much of the Spawn board holds this view. I used to be the same way back when the original Hot Toys T1 figures came out. I was aware of them but didn't consider them an option. Back then I hadn't started collecting anything in 1/6th I don't think, not even the likes of a McFarlane 12" figure. Plus the real clothes reminded me of Action Man which I was never into as a child, preferring instead the 3 3/4 GI-JOE, He-man, Turtles etc. Anywho glad I moved on from that view - though obviously not to the total exclusion of sculpted figures. I still love these things, I just wish the paint and QC was better.

a-dev
06-26-2011, 09:45 AM
http://forbiddenplanet.com/75327-terminator-collection-series-2-action-figures-t-800-police-station-assault/

What wierd way are NECA going to be releasing the latest Terminator figures? After Tech Noir T-800, biker cop T-1000 and Endoskeleton they're releasing Police station assault T-800? A one figure 'wave'? Its the only new listing Forbidden planet seem to have anyway.

crazypredator2
06-26-2011, 12:06 PM
http://forbiddenplanet.com/75327-terminator-collection-series-2-action-figures-t-800-police-station-assault/

What wierd way are NECA going to be releasing the latest Terminator figures? After Tech Noir T-800, biker cop T-1000 and Endoskeleton they're releasing Police station assault T-800? A one figure 'wave'? Its the only new listing Forbidden planet seem to have anyway.

THERE will be battle damaged t-800 tech noir, police station assault t-800 and doughut head t-1000. in the next series.

a-dev
06-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I know what the next figures are but seeing Forbidden Planet only listing one of the them caused me to wonder how they are going to be released.

PharOOO
06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
I imagine series 3 will be 1984 Reese, Battle Damaged T-800 (after getting run over by the truck), and Frozen T-1000 with some sort of ice base to position the partial figure on.

Voorhees27
06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I picked up an Endo, Tech Noir and T-1000 today. I nearly passed on the T-1000 the (helmet) paint was so bad. Imo the Endo finally looks pretty good.

a-dev
06-26-2011, 09:07 PM
I picked up an Endo, Tech Noir and T-1000 today. I nearly passed on the T-1000 the (helmet) paint was so bad.

:gah: :banghead :monkey2

Voorhees27
06-27-2011, 05:36 AM
:gah: :banghead :monkey2

:lol yup. I had to pick through 6 or 7 at two different stores. So when are they suppose to release the police station version now?

a-dev
06-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Well that Forbidden planet link says October. Thats the one I'm mainly looking forward to now. The fact that HT had already done the biker cop T-1000 and the Tech Noir T-800 sorta cut down on my excitement levels for NECAs versions of those.

PharOOO
06-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Well that Forbidden planet link says October. Thats the one I'm mainly looking forward to now. The fact that HT had already done the biker cop T-1000 and the Tech Noir T-800 sorta cut down on my excitement levels for NECAs versions of those.

Interestingly enough, I have the exact opposite feeling for my excitement levels. I actually anticipate the NECA versions a lot more than the Hot Toys counterpart. I've had my "The Terminator" T-800 sitting on my desk for the better part of 6 months without hardly giving him a touch, mostly in fear of accidentally breaking a $200 figure. On the other hand, I've been thoroughly enjoying the NECA Tech Noir T-800 for the past week tinkering with various poses and display options. The same holds true for the T-1000. I have been anxiously awaiting the Biker Cop version since it was debuted at Toy Fair, and this may be viewed as blasphemy to some, but I personally felt the NECA sculpt was able to capture Robert Patrick's likeness better than the Hot Toys attempt. Obvisiouly, I'm not taking anything way from Hot Toy's unmatched polish and finish on their product especially since I do own several Hot Toys figures. However as far as my personal enjoyment levels are concerned, NECA will always give me so much more fullfillment.

a-dev
06-27-2011, 08:42 AM
I do have a little fear of breaking my HT figures. It happens. However in my experience its far more common with NECA. I literally cannot touch my series 3 T-1000s without a part breaking, just normal gentle attempts to move the arms. I bought loads of them and its fair to say MOST, not merely one or two, broke. I think thats ridiculous no matter how cheap they are. And if these are toys intended to be played with...good luck with that. Well theres that rant again.

With likeness, I think both HT and NECA managed to pull it off pretty well. While I think NECAs standard T-1000 is a bit too longfaced, I like the shadows created by the cheekbones and that clenched jaw. And in the biker helmet as I said that one has grown on me, I wasn't fond of it at first, but I now think its a pretty good likeness.
I think the HT T-1000 looks dead-on in the biker helmet and sunglasses and close to perfect without. I couldn't really tell you what I think keeps it short of absolute perfection because I don't know whereas I know where the T-800 sculpt falls 'short' - pun intended. :wink1:

I still enjoy the NECA figures - all sculpted figures continue to have a charm for me - I can't wait to be able to display them properly - mine are in total disarray right now.

Megatron
06-27-2011, 11:27 AM
can anyone post any on hand pics of the t-800?

snoop101
06-27-2011, 12:19 PM
The new T-800 endoskeleton looks very good, the headsculpt looks WAY better. Im not really impressed with the T-1000 though.

crazypredator2
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
The new T-800 endoskeleton looks very good, the headsculpt looks WAY better. Im not really impressed with the T-1000 though.

i'm not impressed with these at all, the t-1000 has a cut mold line going from his chin across to his helmet on the left side of his face looks like a deep scar, and a very sloopy paint job on his helmet, the t1 arnie, has a deep indented mold line on his neck like a knife cut it, that's not suppose to be there, and sloppy paint around his hair.
i'm through with neca terminators line, the t2 line had better paint and quailty then these.and some of them were pretty sloppy.
if these were done at the new factory, they suck in molding and painting 7 inch figures.

a-dev
06-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Ugh that sounds very disappointing. Or exactly what we should expect.

crazypredator2
06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
it's such a shame , that tankman's great sculpts , get such cheap a$$ treatment at these cheap a$$ factories neca hires.
i blame the owner of neca just as much as the china factories.
i wish tankman could and would start his on company. or go to work for sideshow or hot toys.

a-dev
06-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Well if he started his own company he'd be doing less sculpting and probably find himself having the same budgetary issues etc etc. I've always liked the idea of him working at Hot Toys.

crazypredator2
06-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Well if he started his own company he'd be doing less sculpting and probably find himself having the same budgetary issues etc etc. I've always liked the idea of him working at Hot Toys.

he could sure show hot toys how to sculpt an accurate predator,that's for sure.

a-dev
06-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Well even if he was to go work with HT they've already made most of the key figures I'd want to see him sculpt.

S. Griffin
06-27-2011, 05:04 PM
So are comic shops and online retailers the only places carrying these so far?

Voorhees27
06-27-2011, 05:19 PM

You'd have to admit releasing another T-1000 and delaying the police station shootout is kinda greasy. Smart strategy though cuz I bought the eff'n thing :lol To be honest the endo was so nice i'm thinking of heading back to buy another to open up (I keep these all MIMB)

Have you received yours yet?

Macularius
06-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Some people still resist them because they can't help but think of them as 'dolls' what with the superarticulated bodies and the real clothes. To them they are not real Action Figures because their definition of action figure is limited to entirely sculpted figures. Much of the Spawn board holds this view. I used to be the same way back when the original Hot Toys T1 figures came out. I was aware of them but didn't consider them an option. Back then I hadn't started collecting anything in 1/6th I don't think, not even the likes of a McFarlane 12" figure. Plus the real clothes reminded me of Action Man which I was never into as a child, preferring instead the 3 3/4 GI-JOE, He-man, Turtles etc. Anywho glad I moved on from that view - though obviously not to the total exclusion of sculpted figures. I still love these things, I just wish the paint and QC was better.

I couldn't care less about the doll factor, it's the artistic liberties hot toys takes with their $150 figures that gets to me... :peace

IMO the doll-ness is pretty fun. :lol

The Rider
06-27-2011, 06:15 PM
I do not understand why Neca has become so bad.
Previously they had a good to very good paint job and great accessories.
Now, poor workmanship, bad paint and almost no accessories.

I think it's a shame how great sculpts are so lost.
I am considering whether I should buy the 7 "figures.
All the pictures I saw were very bad.

I would be happy to do if neca would make a 18" Tech Noir T-800 with very good paint job, very good workmanship and a better Facesculpt .

What could come in wave 3?

Battle Damage Police Shootout T-800, frozen T-1000, Ryle Reese1984 , Kyle Reese 2029, a true terminator endoskeleton with damaged leg.

CSM101
06-27-2011, 06:25 PM
i would be more then happy to pay an extra $5 for an amazing paint job. the battle damage Tech Noir should be made much nice after all the practice from the plain Tech Noir, lets hope.:gah::impatient:

DiFabio
06-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately, I'm passing on these. Actually, it's not really unfortunate because it's money saved.

I was a big fan of NECA when the first couple of T2 waves hit. That reveal in 2009 at Toy Fair with the Arnold variations was phenomenal. I bought them all as well as the 12" and they were damn good. Then came the T-1000 figures. I can't even explain how pumped I was for them last year. Then when I finally got them, my god were they awful.

Not talking sculpts either. They're great, as always. The quality control and paint apps are the problems. They're absolutely horrid. Out of all the T-1000s I bought, I don't think I have one good one. They're all pieces of ____. I ask myself, is something worth owning if it's sloppy, fragile and brittle? Nope.

To be honest, I was sort of excited when NECA revealed this T1 stuff but the final product just looks really bad to me. The pics I've seen, hell even those reviews make me see that this new wave is no better than the last one in terms of quality. ____ it.

A few years ago, I might have bought these to "collect them all" and sure, I'd love to get the 7" T1 Arnies (Despite having 12" Hot Toys versions) but these just don't cut it as far as I'm concerned. It may sound harsh, but these look like garbage to me. Par that with the all of the quality control issues I've had and it just isn't worth it. A shame too since I'm a big fan of the way NECA goes about their design with these figures in terms of sculpt (Kyle/Tankman) variety, and just the ideas and style behind them. The final product though just ____s on all of that.

On a side note, I don't think I've been spoiled by Hot Toys. I've always realized that I was buying/dealing with different styles of figures/collectibles. For awhile I was more impressed with my Pescadero Arnies than I was the full T2 Hot Toys figure. The QC problems have quickly changed that view. You don't "get what you pay for". I know these are cheaper than Hot Toys, much cheaper but even at the current price tag the final product you get is junky ____. Some people seem to have forgotten that things weren't always like this. These toys were well made at one time even if they weren't the most detailed or accurate.

Increase the production value, then we'll talk. Though, I think I've finally outgrown toy collecting for the most part. Scratch that, I have. Save for a few grail Hot Toys figures I've ceased buying mass produced retail stuff for good. No more Mattel, no more Hasbro, nothing. There was a time where this was gold, (I still love the older figures I have). But now the quality is just piss poor and I just don't want to collect anymore.

crazypredator2
06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
neca's qc has sunk very low,just as mcfarlanes did a few years ago.
i hate to see this happen, because neca has some great sculptors, it's not fair to them or to us who love and admire their talent.

neca makes the charactors we want and love to collect, but what good is it, with low grade q c., that breaks when you try to pose it, or is already broke in the unopened pack,or has stuck joints,, loose leg joints and can't stand on it's own, warped, mismoulded parts, 2 left feet, , sloppy paint,etc,etc-

i know these same flaws happen with every toy company to an exstent.
but every since the alien,predator, and terminator lines has come out, it's been happening more than ever, and getting worse every series,and these are the one's i collect most
i hope neca can get back on track soon.

i'm going to hope that the p2 line gets better with qc, if not i'm done with neca.

samhain88
06-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Can someone post some in-hand pics of the Tech Noir T-800? Im interested to see what these look like in perso before I make a purchase. Thanks.

Matt S
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I am really bummed to hear these did not turn out well......I also wonder what has happened to NECA........they are not the same company, and its a damn shame

CSM101
06-28-2011, 06:13 AM
i got my t-1000 mc, luckily i got a really good one i love it! i recon its the best 7'' t-1000 ever.

every one must buy them all so we get a 7'' rhys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic::panic::panic:

a-dev
06-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Where it concerns the 7" range I think that guy Fortknox was onto something. His expectations were too high but his frustration, its increasingly clear, is justified. There are problems with these figures which don't appear to be getting better. Its hard to take crappy paint apps AND warped accessories AND figures that if they aren't already broken in package they break as soon as you try to use their articulation. If good paint isn't possible (and I don't see why 'decent' paint can't be achieved - it used to be) we should at least be getting tough, durable figures. They're cheap but not that cheap.

Now, I don't have the latest figures yet so I'm only going on the fact that their paintjobs once again seem to be $h!te. It remains for me to see if they start breaking on me. I'm hoping T2 series 3 was just an unfortunate blip in that regard.

samhain88
06-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Anyone think we have a chance of getting a 12'' Police Shootout figure? Paint apps would no doubt be better on a larger scale, I hope.

Darth_Fatso
06-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Sucks the paint jobs appear to be $h!+. I just want the new Endo (head sculpt looks alot better) and the Police Station Assault T-800 but I'm gonna probably have to see them in person before I decide to buy them.

snoop101
06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
I didn't even get the tech-noir T-800 because the paint was so terrible, and there was quite a few to choose from, but they all looked like crap.:gah:

samhain88
06-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I didn't even get the tech-noir T-800 because the paint was so terrible, and there was quite a few to choose from, but they all looked like crap.:gah:

Dangit!:(:slap

a-dev
06-28-2011, 08:24 PM
What a shame that the first ever toys based on the original Terminator film had to come in an era of possibly the shoddiest and most haphazard paint apps on lower-end figures. And a shame too that during a time when the sculpts are better than ever they have to be marred by all this.

snoop101
06-28-2011, 08:34 PM
What a shame that the first ever toys based on the original Terminator film had to come in an era of possibly the shoddiest and most haphazard paint apps on lower-end figures. And a shame too that during a time when the sculpts are better than ever they have to be marred by all this.

It's extremely irritating, but im not suprised. I had the same experience with their T2 figures, It took me forever to find ones with just "okay" paint apps.

samhain88
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM

Kinda ironic I'd say.:slap

Macularius
06-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Looks like I'll have to break out the paints when I get these!

CSM101
06-30-2011, 07:55 PM
the new endo head is so good!:horror:panic::horror

its the best head on any endo toy to date buy far:yess:

The Rider
06-30-2011, 08:02 PM
We should all write necaonline our complaints.
Things can not go.
The most interesting figures to be crap.

Because something has to change.
And from the bad quality figures should come better new Versions(with better QC and Paint Job).

Mr. EcKo
06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I seen the T1 Tech Noir Ahhhnuld in a store the other day , and i gutta say it looked like complete CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a-dev
06-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Daaaaamn. Is it really gonna end up me just getting these out of a completist need?

Still hoping I just get used to the bad paint like I pretty much have on the previous ones. But if they start breaking as soon as I try to move the arms which are supposed to be able to ****ing move :banghead

PharOOO
06-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Honestly, in regard to bad paint applications, NECA isn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination. Have you looked at other figure offerings from other companies lately?
I'll give a good example. Mattel, the world's largest action figure company, should concievably have the best quality plastic and paint based soley on the company size and resources. Wrong! Mattel cheaps out on every aspect of the business by grossly over-using a handful of base bodies across a number of various toylines. NECA, on the other hand, gives us brand new sculpts when launching a toy line. Of course, NECA also reuses parts but if you're doing the T-800 from the 1st Terminator movie, would it really be necessary to sculpt more than one pair of boots and legs for the same character from the same movie? Of course not. Their reuse of certain body parts makes sense. Also, Mattel casts practically everything in the solid colored plastic. Imagine having a Terminator figure's head cast in shiney flesh colored plastic, effectively ruining all the small details of the sculpt. Personally, I'd rather have a bit of paint slop here and there compared to cheaply cast solid colored plastic figures. And it isn't just Mattel. Hasbro, number 2 in the action figure market, also reuses bodies in their Marvel Universe line and also casts figures in cheap shiney plastic. Just compare NECA's Ghostbusters figures to Mattel's awful Ghostbusters figures. All 4 of the Ghostbusters use the same base body and their heads and bodies are cast in the color of their uniforms and heads.
Finally, let's discuss cost. Mattel charges $17.99 for their cookie cutter DCUC figures, and $20 for their "premium" cookie cutter Masters of the Universe and Ghostbusters lines. Hasbro now charges $8.99 for a 3 & 3/4 inch Star Wars & Marvel Universe figures also following the cookie cutter recipe.
Really, what I'm trying to say is, despite some QC issues from NECA, that little itty bitty company still delivers premium sculpts, decent paint applications, and some of the most desired properties for an excellent price ranging from $12.99 to $14.99. Personally speaking, sure NECA could improve, but honestly, things could be SO, SO, SO much worse. So, for that, I'm extremely thankful NECA is around and delivering the goods that I absolutely love to collect.

snoop101
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
^^^ No one was upset that Neca reuses parts, they're upset because all of their figures paint apps look like autobotjohn painted them.

The Rider
07-01-2011, 07:59 PM
@PharOOO
You've got a point.
But there are also very good from Hasbro Star Wars figures with great paint jobs.
Where there are differences as large.

In any case, it could be much better with Neca.
Earlier figures were often more accessories, better processing and a better paint job.

When the Terminator figures, the jacket is too bright, pants too brown.
The colors match those in the film.

Next to skin color often seem bad and lips and eyes look dead.

There is need for improvement.

Not to mention the horrible painted skull of the 22 " alien and the bad silver of the 18" Endoskeleton.

a-dev
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Why does my Conan Temple of the Serpent figure have such a great paintjob? Not only clean but very convincing around the eyes - a big weakness on all the Terminator figures. Annoying that my favourite film property has been the one to take whatever budgetary hits had to be made in the areas of paint and QC.

snoop101
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
@PharOOO
You've got a point.
But there are also very good from Hasbro Star Wars figures with great paint jobs.
Where there are differences as large.

In any case, it could be much better with Neca.
Earlier figures were often more accessories, better processing and a better paint job.

When the Terminator figures, the jacket is too bright, pants too brown.
The colors match those in the film.

Next to skin color often seem bad and lips and eyes look dead.

There is need for improvement.

Not to mention the horrible painted skull of the 22 " alien and the bad silver of the 18" Endoskeleton.

Huh?:dunno

Predalien
07-01-2011, 11:06 PM

the usual defects of endoskeleton NECA have been corrected ?
I refer to the palms of the hands not carved, the joint of the groin that do not allow the movement of the leg forward and too obvious screws on the back

jaxon
07-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Any pics of this new endo?
Release date?

a-dev
07-02-2011, 06:58 PM
the usual defects of endoskeleton NECA have been corrected ?
I refer to the palms of the hands not carved, the joint of the groin that do not allow the movement of the leg forward and too obvious screws on the back

Yeah those things have always bugged me a little about the Neca endoskeleton. More accurate sculpt than McFarlane but it reduced the detail in the hands, feet and thighs plus it exchanged being able to move the legs backwards and forwards for the sideways movement the McFarlane one didn't have. Isn't there a way for us to have both?

Valfar
07-03-2011, 05:57 AM
This new Endo looks fantastic, going to grab it next time i see it..shame though that this is Neca's third try at perfecting this figure, the headsculpt is really nice and looks pretty accurate to me.

DiFabio
07-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Saw these in person, my god are they awful. The paint jobs make the T-1000 and Tech Noir look like cheap porcelain china dollar store dolls or something. There were about 2-3 of each, not one stood out as "good". Good luck to those that bought them online and will get blind cases without inspection.

I will say though that the Endoskeleton looks surprisingly good. Makes me regret ever buying the previous T2 2009/2010 Endos. By the looks of it, it's the best one yet. With that said though, I'm endoed out, no need for more.

Pass on everything.

Johnny Utah
07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
They'd better get their asses in gear by the time their Rambo stuff is out next year.

The Rider
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
@a-dev
Yes they are absolutely right.

I think it's really a shame.
The T3 McFarlane figures are also much better at painting.
Why?
Damn.

@ snoop101 what they mean?

Desamo
07-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Could someone post here packaging photo of T2 Steel Mill T-1000 from Neca twitter because I cant see that there.

Desamo
07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Nevermind I can see that now.

Darth_Fatso
07-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Found the T-800 and Endo at TRU and FYE yesterday. Didn't pick them up but the paint wasn't as bad on the Tech Noir T-800 as I thought. Looked as good (or bad) as their T2 stuff at least. The Endo looked good and the headsculpt is so much better than the last. I really want to pick this one up. That being said though one of the Endo's had the red paint almost completely missing on one of his eyes. There was a small red dot the size of a pin head and you had to squint to see it.

crazypredator2
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
neca and the new factory can keep these.

jayiw
07-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I picked up Tech Noir T-800 and Moto-Cop T-1000 today at FYE in NE Phila PA. I have to say as far as paint slop goes they are no where near as bad as I thought considering all the negative posts about it. The only issues I really saw were some unevenness of the black between the helmet and visor on the T-1000 and they had 4 of them, all like that. And on the T-800 the face/hand paint is very pale, way too pale. Maybe he's the ghost of T-800! Another thing that is odd is they used a black chain on the coat. The new Endo is awesome, really great. Head sculpt and paint so much improved over the prior one. I would have picked it up if I did not already have the other one. Oh and I got a Neca BD 12" T-800 there for $15 on clearance! Glad I waited.

Jay

Macularius
07-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Picked up the tech noir and biker cop yesterday in a movie store. Honestly after all the negative nancy posts on here I was expecting literal ____, but after seeing them in person they all looked pretty good. The bodies of the T800's are very nice, however the eyebrows and hairline are indeed messy. The biker cop T-1000 has weird looking glasses, and the paint on the right side of his helmet is a little sloppy, but nothing compared to what I've heard. The new endoskeletons looked ace too, I love the new headsculpt and the "chrome" is nicely done. I just wish they would redo the terrible thigh articulation!

Blade3327
07-09-2011, 04:49 AM
I customized the T2 Endo by trimming down the length of the piston pipe along the thighs to get more articulation there. It helped, but now that thing's basically junk as he's sitting in a pile with the other T2 figures I collected. I picked up one of each character last year at SDCC (and got the exclusive) -- and at this point, the only two that are still in perfect condition are Arnie and the liquid metal T-1000.

I kind of think I'm getting out of NECA's Termie stuff, but maybe checking my local FYE and seeing that Endo will change my mind. If he's cool enough, I might get one just to display solo. Same goes for the NECA Predators. I'll collect everything they release from the classic movies, while selling the Super-Preds and the botched Classic. Paint apps are too 'meh' and the designs aren't worth the disappointment to me. Bring on all the P1, P2, A1, A2, and A3 stuff, though! :D

KoBE
07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
First off, I'm glad I found this thread. Now, regarding the Tech Noir T-800, I was wondering: can anyone could recommend a particular paint to touch-up Arnold's hair? My figure's hair isn't too bad overall other than being a tad on the too lightly painted side, but there's a tiny flesh-colored speck on the right side of his hair that seems to standout, especially when my desk light is on in the evening. So, if anyone can recommend a particular model paint for this touch-up job, I would be very grateful.

Regarding the T-800 Endo, I actually prefer the McFarlane Movie Maniacs Endo to NECA's latest effort. Compared to the McFarlane version, the NECA Endo looks more like a Hasbro toy or a cheap, "play-ready" figure. Even my wife commented that the NECA Endo looks cheap. I'm not sure if it's the paint or the plastic used, but I'm just not impressed. However, in the interest of full disclosure, I did pick up two of the NECA Endos because I wanted the plasma rifles for my McFarlane Endo.

Now that I have two plasma rifles, my McFarlane Endo matches my life-size Sideshow Endo version 2.0. :yess:

g_sculpt
07-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Hoping to avail the new endo. I would like to compare it to McFarlane's version as well.

Matt S
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Bought two Tech Noir Ahnulds and one cop t1000 - I have the carded movie maniacs endo, so I am good there

Is the battle damage Tech noir and Ahnuld in glasses in wave 2? saw 3 cases and those two not included

Paint apps on Cop T1000 seemed good. Tech Noir Ahnuld ranged from acceptable to bad...not truly awful, but bad

a-dev
07-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I reduced my order of these to 2 Tech Noir, 1 biker T-1000 and 1 endoskeleton. I originally had 3 Tech Noirs and 3 bikers ordered. I'm spending so much money on higher end stuff at the moment plus the reports of crappy paint and my experiences of p!$$poor QC on T2 series 3 has dulled my enthusiasm for these. I still 'just about' want them for competist sake but not in the quantities I bought the previous T2 ones.

Still looking forward to the Police Station Shootout T-800 though especially considering HT haven't done (a new) one yet.

samhain88
07-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Still looking forward to the Police Station Shootout T-800 though especially considering HT haven't done (a new) one yet.

This. Can't wait for it. But they would look nice displayed together on a shelf. C'mon HT! Get your act together!:panic:

samhain88
07-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Did I miss something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HTF-NECA-REEL-TOYS-TERMINATOR-T-800-TECH-NOIR-/320723125800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aac968628

a-dev
07-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Huh. Looks like the standard Tech Noir figure to me and I wasn't aware of any variant or anything - not sure why anyone is looking to pay over the RRP for this one.

samhain88
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Huh. Looks like the standard Tech Noir figure to me and I wasn't aware of any variant or anything - not sure why anyone is looking to pay over the RRP for this one.

That's why I was confused. There is no variant, nor does it say so in the auction...Better get it while you can I guess.

Grange Wallis
07-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Any inhand pictures of the new endoskeleton redux???

quiggle
07-23-2011, 11:07 AM
received the Terminator 1 figures today and was deeply disappointed by the poor facial likeness and paint on the Tech Noir, and the Endoskeleton came broken you can see the back parts came off and are like flapping like bat wings whenever I pose the figure.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/o8as7n.jpg

http://oi51.tinypic.com/r86seu.jpg

now what I want and need to know is will the police shootout have the same kind of head as the Pescadero escape where there is some unnatural chunk of skin bulging at the sides to accomodate the sunglasses handles?

sgt.reese
07-23-2011, 11:41 AM
i sold all my NECA toys, i really have issues with their paint jobs. Honestly, I can do better than what they produce. I understand they are trying to give quality for a cheap price, but it is ridiculous. and one really has to search for the best figure out of a lot. I rather spend my money on Hot Toys because i know what i will get. It is too bad to because NECA has so much potential with all their lines. I hope that Square Enix Play Arts will produce Terminator and Alien figures. There stuff is ridiculously good for 9 inch scale

KoBE
07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
i sold all my NECA toys, i really have issues with their paint jobs. Honestly, I can do better than what they produce. I understand they are trying to give quality for a cheap price, but it is ridiculous. and one really has to search for the best figure out of a lot. I rather spend my money on Hot Toys because i know what i will get. It is too bad to because NECA has so much potential with all their lines. I hope that Square Enix Play Arts will produce Terminator and Alien figures. There stuff is ridiculously good for 9 inch scale

I really prefer the 7" scale for such figures. Figures larger than that remind me of dolls and kind of give me the creeps.

I recently discovered that if I don't like the paintjobs on these figures, it's easy enough & actually pretty fun just to touch them up or repaint them myself. After all, the sculpts are pretty fantastic.

Megatron
07-23-2011, 11:50 AM
i was really anticipating the release of these figures only to be disappointed by the crappy paint jobs....arnold looks horrible dosent even look like him

sgt.reese
07-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Kobe, what kind of model paint do you use. enamel? acyrilic?

PharOOO
07-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Heads up for any one looking for Terminator Series 1 at Toys R Us. I discovered that Toys R Us doesn't put their NECA Terminator figures with the rest of the NECA figures in the same isle. Instead, TRU tossed them on the same pegs as their Playmates Terminator Salvation junk the next isle or 2 over. I found 3 sets of Terminator Series 1 over their with the peg stickers so I know it wasn't just misplaced product but a conscience descision by TRU to place the NECA figures with the Playmates trash.
After I sorted through the set I wanted, I took the remaining NECA figures back to the NECA isle and hung them up on an empty peg. Remember, if Series 1 & 2 sell well enough, Reese will be in Series 3. I don't want both casual figure collectors and NECA Terminator fans to miss out on series 1 just because TRU stupidly decided to place these figures with the junky Salvation figures.

a-dev
07-23-2011, 12:08 PM
http://oi54.tinypic.com/o8as7n.jpg

For the love of god NECA this looks horrendous! :slap

The 'junky' playmates stuff probably has better paint apps!

Sorry PharOOO, I know we want Reese to be made but if he's gonna look like the above I'm half thinking why bother at all?

quiggle
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM
yeah what really bugs me is when I go look at Gears of War figures the new ones like a Kuntus and Skorge and they look perfect as can be with paint applications. is it something with human skin because this is going to scare me getting Reese and the Rambo/Rocky figures coming up?

quiggle
07-23-2011, 12:15 PM
also can someone ask the NECA why we are not getting a Sarah figure when they are churning T-1000s out like Hispanic women making babies?

PharOOO
07-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Trust me, a-dev. I'm terribly disappointed with NECA's recent paint applications as much as the other guys but I still would love a Reese in 6 inch figure form. NECA is still my favorite figure company but with each new wave of figures, it becomes more and more difficult to repeat that. But, I'll still stick with NECA unless they do something insane like begin casting their figures in colored plastic then I'm out. However, for now, I can only hope NECA gets their act together and gives us good well painted products again.

crazypredator2
07-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Trust me, a-dev. I'm terribly disappointed with NECA's recent paint applications as much as the other guys but I still would love a Reese in 6 inch figure form. NECA is still my favorite figure company but with each new wave of figures, it becomes more and more difficult to repeat that. But, I'll still stick with NECA unless they do something insane like begin casting their figures in colored plastic then I'm out. However, for now, I can only hope NECA gets their act together and gives us good well painted products again.

yes it is sicking ,to have such great sculpts and characters we love,
ruined by such sloppy paint work.it seems to be getting worse with each line made.

a-dev
07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
The lips look good surprisingly and the skin actually looks like its got some different tones to it but the eyes, eyebrows and hair look brutal. For me the eyes just ruin the whole thing.

KoBE
07-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Acrylic. I went to a local RPG store (Warhammer type place) and bought some Vallejo & Citadel paints. The staff at the store were helpful in giving hints on how to mix certain colors, and the rest I've learned from either my own experiences or YouTube.

I'm currently about to work on a McFarlane T-1000 and actually paint his uniform the right color vs. that dark blue they chose. Then I'm going to go all out and paint the liquid metal with an actual chrome paint.

snoop101
07-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Why is it that every other license Neca seems to do, the paint apps turn out pretty good, but when it comes to Terminator the paint apps are straight up garbage. :dunno

The Rider
07-23-2011, 01:35 PM
You forgot Predator.
I do not understand either.
Especially with terminator and predator would have to agree the quality.

quiggle
07-23-2011, 01:46 PM
so those who have the good fortune of getting the ones with bad paint, are you ashamed to display them and have your family and friends comment on them?

crazypredator2
07-23-2011, 01:48 PM
so those who have the good fortune of getting the ones with bad paint, are you ashamed to display them and have your family and friends comment on them?
i never displayed mine,
i sold mine at a loss.

KoBE
07-23-2011, 01:55 PM

My international confidential secretary thought the new T-800 endo looked pretty cheap compared to the McFarlane version. I'm going to repaint this NECA endo though once I finish repainting some other figures.

snoop101
07-23-2011, 01:56 PM
You forgot Predator.
I do not understand either.
Especially with terminator and predator would have to agree the quality.

True. Their predator toys looked like crap too, except the 1:4 scale pred. I Hope Neca's paint apps get better, especially with the new Rockyand Rambo Figures on the way.

CSM101
07-23-2011, 10:21 PM
For the love of god NECA this looks horrendous! :slap

The 'junky' playmates stuff probably has better paint apps!

Sorry PharOOO, I know we want Reese to be made but if he's gonna look like the above I'm half thinking why bother at all?

man that photo does not do it justest, the flash kills it.

check out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs8roiiCVk

Sachiel
07-23-2011, 10:25 PM

Indeed. NECA figures do not hold up under flash at all.

Valfar
07-24-2011, 04:13 AM
The flash totally kills this figure for sure, the paint apps on the head could be better on this one sure but, its a pass IMO. The Predator figures i've bought so far, classic Pred and battle damage classic with bio look great and the paint apps on them are well done.

a-dev
07-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Alright, he does look better in the video. That flash photo totally eradicated the likeness. In the video it was back, somehow it looked like Arnold again.

KoBE
07-24-2011, 09:36 AM

check out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs8roiiCVk

For as excited as the guy is in the video about the figure, it's crazy he didn't realize it was being released now. Keep up with the news, man. :)

g_sculpt
07-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Come on NECA, please make 18" Arnold T-800 and T1000. Probably better paint application and details with these bigger scaled figures.:pray::pray::pray:

mandoman
07-24-2011, 11:39 AM
My Tech Noir Arny looks pretty damn good, must have got pretty lucky. I bought mine at a local hobby store, so I could check it out in person. Definitely going back for a biker T-1000 and the Endo.

quiggle
07-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Come on NECA, please make 18" Arnold T-800 and T1000. Probably better paint application and details with these bigger scaled figures.:pray::pray::pray:

not really the battle damaged 12" one had lips not completely painted and you notice it while looking, and the 12" pescadero one had paint issues with the curls between the brows

g_sculpt
07-24-2011, 12:05 PM
perhaps a new sculpt and a good quality check on the paints could do the trick for these? :)

The Rider
07-24-2011, 01:01 PM
In this Video looks the Figure very good for this Size.
In other Videos and Photos the Figure looks crappy.
This guy have the luck and one good Exemplare from 100 bad exemplares.

I see Pictures from the SDCC 2011 and the other Figures looks BAD.
The hole in the Face of the Steel Mill T-1000 is to big and the Faces of the Police Shootout and BD Tech Noir T-800 are to small and to angular. Ista a other Facesculpt as the T-800 Tech Noir.
The Brown on the Shotgun are to plastic looking and the jacket of the BD Tech Noir are to clean.
I hope the final figures will better.

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/neca-1-SDCC-11-091_1311343042.jpg

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/neca-1-SDCC-11-092_1311343042.jpg

snoop101
07-24-2011, 01:04 PM
In this Video looks the Figure very good for this Size.
In other Videos and Photos the Figure looks crappy.
This guy have the luck and one good Exemplare from 100 bad exemplares.

I see Pictures from the SDCC 2011 and the other Figures looks BAD.
The hole in the Face of the Steel Mill T-1000 is to big and the Faces of the Police Shootout and BD Tech Noir T-800 are to small and to angular. Ista a other Facesculpt as the T-800 Tech Noir.
The Brown on the Shotgun are to plastic looking and the jacket of the BD Tech Noir are to clean.
I hope the final figures will better.

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/neca-1-SDCC-11-091_1311343042.jpg

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/neca-1-SDCC-11-092_1311343042.jpg

They look bad?:dunno The actual figures won't even look half as good as the prototypes on display at comic-con.

The Rider
07-24-2011, 01:09 PM
This is very bad.
Then see the final figures from terrible.

But this would be so final figures, the prototypes were 12 ".

In any case, they look worse than the prototypes of the Toy Fair.

a-dev
07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
They look bad?:dunno The actual figures won't even look half as good as the prototypes on display at comic-con.

Yeah those prototypes look great.The endoskeleton looks fantastic in that shot, great new headsculpt and paint scheme if only it would translate to mass production.

Sculptwise my only beef is the Police Shootout figure's hair is too short. I'm surprised they got it wrong given the @[email protected] attention to little details past Terminator figures have had.

Sachiel
07-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Those aren't prototypes. Those are the final production figures or production samples.

snoop101
07-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Those aren't prototypes. Those are the final production figures or production samples.

The point is they still look 100x better than what you actually get.

The Rider
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
I hope Neca brings a 18" Tech Noir T-800(with interchangable Arm and Head) and a 18" Police Shootout wit 3 interchangable Heads.
With a revisted Sculpt for better likeness and a better paintjob than the 7" Figures.

quiggle
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
have any of you placed T-800 from Terminator and Terminator 2 together and appreciate the amazing flesh color difference? is the first rubber skin?

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7866/img4009z.jpg

a-dev
07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Possibly a deliberate attempt to make him look pale and 'cold'. In T1 he was made up more pale and clammy looking. Or its just crap inconsistent paint.

Another photo using flash though - whats with that? Flash makes even HT figures look toylike.

quiggle
07-27-2011, 05:24 PM
my room is pretty dark so it just flashes automatically, if I turn it off the photo will come out the color of poo.

a-dev
07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll allow for that then. :wink1:

snoop101
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Possibly a deliberate attempt to make him look pale and 'cold'. In T1 he was made up more pale and clammy looking. Or its just crap inconsistent paint.

Another photo using flash though - whats with that? Flash makes even HT figures look toylike.

I'd go with the latter:lol

quiggle
07-28-2011, 04:49 AM
well hopefully the police shoot out will not have the same as pescadero because then that will look pretty bad side by side since I plan on pairing those up together.

the one instance I just cant forgive NECA on is when they released the Steel Mill and how worn down the jacket looked and placing him next to the final battle one with the more cleaner jacket just didnt make sense so I had to throw the Steel Mill one in the garbage.

Macularius
07-28-2011, 06:10 AM
well hopefully the police shoot out will not have the same as pescadero because then that will look pretty bad side by side since I plan on pairing those up together.

the one instance I just cant forgive NECA on is when they released the Steel Mill and how worn down the jacket looked and placing him next to the final battle one with the more cleaner jacket just didnt make sense so I had to throw the Steel Mill one in the garbage.

Do you have a syndrome or something? That's when toy drybrush some grey paint on the BD's jacket, not throw the thong out :gah

snoop101
07-28-2011, 07:27 AM

:lol:lol:lol

a-dev
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Thats just......why?!

CSM101
08-05-2011, 07:28 PM
the police shoot out is looking really grate:clap

‪NECA SDCC 2011 Booth: Terminator, Robocop, and ROCKY Action Figures!‬‏ - YouTube

PharOOO
08-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Despite some QC issues with Series 1, I'm still pumped for Series 2 especially the Shootout T-800. Lucky, with that version, any sloppy paint won't be nearly as noticable because the shades will cover the eyes and brows and the hair style is one solid piece.
Next month too. According to the SDCC notes next to the video above.

CSM101
08-17-2011, 10:30 PM
i have 14 7'' terminators in my collection and my new favorite by fare is the t1 endo, i just can't stop looking at it, its amazing :horror, if i get a good camera im going to make a review of it and the mcfarlan endo.

KoBE
08-17-2011, 11:13 PM
i have 14 7'' terminators in my collection and my new favorite by fare is the t1 endo, i just can't stop looking at it, its amazing :horror, if i get a good camera im going to make a review of it and the mcfarlan endo.

I say the McFarlane Endo is better in this case. Especially when I compare the figures to my life-size SS Endo version 2.

darylox
08-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I think the old T2 line was better.
The T-1000 looks good for the scale, decent paint and very good likeness. The Tech-Noir is significantly weaker,
little resemblance and overall it looks cheap and dead.

The Police Shootout looks very good and is definitely the best of the three.

from this version a 18" would be great

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/andyarneriise/Terminator.jpg

Pictures

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6562/1technoirtop.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3702/1coptop.jpg

darylox
08-22-2011, 11:13 AM

Im for the Police Shootout in 18"
NECA Terminator 1 Police Station Assault T-800 Figure - YouTube

Very accurate, looks great even in 7"
In 18" it could be better, maybe much better.

a-dev
08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I say leave 1/4 'humans' to Enterbay. I'd like NECAs Police Shootout in 1/6th. We need that AR-18 for our HT bashes.

darylox
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I say leave 1/4 'humans' to Enterbay. I'd like NECAs Police Shootout in 1/6th. We need that AR-18 for our HT bashes.

Humans arent Necas stenght, but the police-shootout looks pretty good. He doesnt need a healthy skin color like Police shootout. I mean look how arnold looks in the movie after the eye surgery, pale and inhuman.The skin color varies in the movie very strong.
I think the figure has the potential to represent the movie or the scene great, tech noir in contrast almost not at all.
This is the difference

In 1/6 ? We have already two and they not even sold well.
Its time for at least one Arnold in 18" in my eyes.

Review 1 of the TECH-NOIR
NECA Terminator T800 Tech Noir Action Figure Review - YouTube

BIGGEST PROBLEM ; Eyes and skin tone

Review 2

looks better, a better exemplar ? This is the question

NECA REEL TOYS!! THE TERMINATOR TECH NOIR!! - YouTube

nevertheless not good enough.

PharOOO
09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Any new updates from NECA's Twitter feed on when we should be expecting Series 2? The banner displayed at SDCC next to Series 2 read September.

KoBE
09-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Any new updates from NECA's Twitter feed on when we should be expecting Series 2? The banner displayed at SDCC next to Series 2 read September.

Yes, now it's October.

PharOOO
09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes, now it's October.

Rats!!!
Thanks for the reply though.

Blank
09-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Yes, now it's October.

Looks like November now.

KoBE
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Looks like November now.

What is your source for that information?

On 31 Aug NECA posted via twitter:

"BTS - Police Station Assault Terminator available by October"

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/policestation.jpg

quiggle
09-03-2011, 11:28 AM
standing here today are you surprised that NECA is releasing this before Hot Toys? a couple of months ago we were talking to high hopes of all the versions Hot Toys would make after Tech Noir, ie Reese, Police Shootout, truck damage, etc it feels you deflated right?

Valfar
09-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Not surprised at all, more R&D goes into Hot Toys and well, Hot Toys have enough ____ on their plate this year.

a-dev
09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I think every Terminator fan here is surprised at that. Especially after going to whatever extra troubles to get the complete licensing for T1 including actor likeness that they stop after just one figure, despite some fairly obvious options left to do. They could still happen, HT are still making Predator 2 figures and they've had that license seemingly since forever.

Blank
09-03-2011, 12:12 PM
What is your source for that information?

On 31 Aug NECA posted via twitter:

"BTS - Police Station Assault Terminator available by October"

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/policestation.jpg

Maybe they get it late.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11894778

ZsaszSays
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
A great Christmas present. :D

The Rider
09-04-2011, 12:34 PM
The Legs look a little bit to short.

samhain88
09-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Can't wait for series 2! Unlike alot of others, I was very pleased with the Tech Noir. Im not that picky when it comes to these type of figures.

Macularius
09-04-2011, 05:27 PM
The Legs look a little bit to short.

They're the exact same length as the t2 figure, so it must just be the angle.

The Rider
09-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes but at the photo ist looks different.

samhain88
09-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes but at the photo ist looks different.

No, it doesn't. They are using the EXACT same legs on this as they used on the Tech Noir.

quiggle
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM
what about the gargle sunglasses, is it a separate piece glued on or will they have that flesh chunk on the sideburns like the pescado version?

RockyRambo
09-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Bought an Endo from the new series and although i think the figure overall is great it had factory error solder burn blob on the waist. Has anyone else had this problem i bought it onlne from Play.Com so cant be bothered to send back just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

CSM101
09-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Terminater 7'' endoskeleton review mcfarlan VS neca - YouTube

Terminater 7'' endoskeleton review mcfarlan VS neca

i made a review, please watch.

The Rider
09-22-2011, 02:39 PM
On my Opinion the Legs and arms at the McFarlane looks acurater and more detailed.
The Headsculpt is very good on booth figure.
The McFarlane Heatsculpt ist not batter as the New Neca Sculpt, but the Skull ist too dark and dirty.

When I see the Pictures of the brilliant Enterbay T-800 and the nice Neca Prototyp Pictures, I am very angry that Neca make not a good painted and resculped 18" T-800.

PharOOO
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Any word on the release date for Series 2 yet? Despite the sub-standard QC, I'm still looking forward to the next set.

KoBE
09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Any word on the release date for Series 2 yet? Despite the sub-standard QC, I'm still looking forward to the next set.

NECA said late Oct / early Nov on twitter today

CSM101
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
On my Opinion the Legs and arms at the McFarlane looks acurater and more detailed.
The Headsculpt is very good on booth figure.
The McFarlane Heatsculpt ist not batter as the New Neca Sculpt, but the Skull ist too dark and dirty.

When I see the Pictures of the brilliant Enterbay T-800 and the nice Neca Prototyp Pictures, I am very angry that Neca make not a good painted and resculped 18" T-800.

yes my neca t1 has more black paint on the head then most:(

a-dev
09-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Cases of the next wave of these are available to preorder at BBTS

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC11712&mode=retail

Eventually got the first wave the other day. Not as badly painted as I feared, still not great but not an horrific mess either. For some reason the Tech Noir's eyes are barely there, very ghostly. And combined with the very stark eyebrows he loses his likeness a bit. Sculpt is top notch though.

The new endoskeleton is very nice but I already knew the headsculpt was ace. Decent paintjob on mine. Usual crappy, useless articulation on the NECA body though, I also prefer the McFarlane in that respect and obviously the detail of the seperated pistons on the forearms and calves and the cut-out sections in the thighs - areas where the McFarlane one was always better than each of the NECA iterations so no change there. NECA wins on accuracy (when does it not?) but theres still those elements of the McFarlane I prefer.

My Biker T-1000 has slight paint imperfections here and there but is otherwise good. Great likeness in that helmet.

TheFiend
09-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Humans arent Necas stenght, but the police-shootout looks pretty good. He doesnt need a healthy skin color like Police shootout. I mean look how arnold looks in the movie after the eye surgery, pale and inhuman.The skin color varies in the movie very strong.
I think the figure has the potential to represent the movie or the scene great, tech noir in contrast almost not at all.
This is the difference

In 1/6 ? We have already two and they not even sold well.
Its time for at least one Arnold in 18" in my eyes.

Review 1 of the TECH-NOIR
NECA Terminator T800 Tech Noir Action Figure Review - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfiQ4vBzGIk&feature=related)

I wanted to pick these up but Im not digging the paint on the face at all. And did anyone see the paint on the longslide? That was probably worse. Im probably gonna pick up the police shoot out fig though, maybe an endo

DeathComesRipping
09-29-2011, 01:21 AM
I saw the Tech Noir in Toys R Us the other day and I don't think the paint job on the face is as bad as many are making it out to be.

Still, i'm gonna hold off and just grab the Police Shootout. Kinda low on money.

PharOOO
09-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Series 2 out yet overseas? I would really like to see production pictures soon.

KoBE
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
From NECA's website today:

"NECA’s mad as hell and we’re not going to take it anymore! Oh wait, no, we’re not mad at all. What we are is unbelievably excited to bring you our brand new Terminator Collection Series 2 7″ action figures! I get those two mixed up all the time.

For the ultimate Terminator connoisseur, Series 2 is some of our best Schwarzeneggering yet! We’ve got 2 (that’s TWO — as in, also the number of the series) T-800 action figures, including the first-ever figure based on the original 1984 Terminator film. Amazing how well the cyborgs age, isn’t it?

That’s the Battle Damaged Tech Noir T-800, and it comes with a rifle and an extra head, just in case one should happen to get blown off in a massive firefight. Both the Police Station Assault T-800 and the Steel Mill T-1000 also come with two heads and other movie-accurate accessories (read: “guns and Linda-Hamilton-shoulder-piercing knife fingers”). All three figures stand 7″ tall and come in clamshell packaging."

--------

Who the hell are they hiring for their marketing these days? Why would you say "TWO" and thereby imply the sequel and not the original from where the two referenced figures originated from? And what's with saying this is the first-ever figure based on the original film? Are they just forgetting about the Tech Noir figure now?

I'm very perplexed. Regardless, this doesn't impact my interest in the figures, I simply can't wait for them.

CelticPredator
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
If they added "6 inch scale" to that statement, it would be true.

But I think they got the license before HT did. But they didn't produce anything for a while.

But I dont know for sure.

CSM101
10-04-2011, 01:18 AM
im so exited ive been waiting all my life for these:panic:

a-dev
10-04-2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah I think NECA announced they had the T1 license before HT but obviously HT got their figure out lightning fast. Who knows who actually had the license first. Either way the HT T-800 is what I consider the 'first ever' ''fully licensed'' figure based on The Terminator. NECAs is certainly the first ever small scale figure based on it.

Funny they mention the T-1000s 'Linda hamilton shoulder-piercing' finger hand despite the fact they aren't making a Sarah Connor to go with it. Perhaps they have McFarlanes old figure in mind.

The Rider
10-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I hope vthe Quality and Paintjob it better than the Series 1 Figures.

What is with the second non battle Damaged Arm ?
On the Toy Fair Picrures we seen a Arm with Rifle on the Tech Noir Battle Dameged.

a-dev
10-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I think it comes with the shotgun from the car chase, the extra head with the singed eyebrows (but both eyes intact) and an alternate sleeve-down right forearm, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The Rider
10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I hope youre right.
The Neca Comment says nothing about a second right forarm.

What is with Series 3 ?
Which Figures comes out ?

a-dev
10-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Uh Oh. I may have remembered wrong about the extra right forearm.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DSCF1224.jpg

Here it is pictured with the clean Tech Noir figure but that figure didn't end up coming with an extra forearm.

Kinda wishful thinking on my part that they'll include it with the BD Tech Noir so he can use that shotgun properly and accurately.

The Rider
10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
No, youre right-the Tech Noire BATTLE DAMAGED have an extra Arm.

http://www.whatsyourobsession.com/images/2011/neca-terminator-collection-figure-prototypes.jpg

Lord Freezer
10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
My new terminator:

http://i53.tinypic.com/1414hs7.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/4rdtld.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/3515zbk.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/zobbky.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/10fnjly.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/1ypgs3.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2n8pq4i.jpg

dr.brown
10-12-2011, 01:12 PM

NECA nailed the T1 endo, even in this scale
Great scuplt.

a-dev
10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I was very happy with this Endo, yeah. Apart from the same ol same ol articulation.

PharOOO
10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
According to NECA's Vendor product list, Terminator Collection Series 2 is out now. We should we seeing these figures within the next few weeks.

PharOOO
10-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Good news!
Some eBay sellers here in the US now have "in hand" pictures of Series 2. So they are no available!

a-dev
10-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I expect it'll still be ages before BBTS gets them in. They seem to be very slow getting NECA stuff lately.

crazypredator2
10-18-2011, 07:26 PM
ragetoys on amazon.com has them in stock now.
just ordered one.

KoBE
10-18-2011, 09:37 PM
ragetoys on amazon.com has them in stock now.
just ordered one.

Thanks for the heads up. Rage Toys is a good dealer to work with.

ZsaszSays
10-18-2011, 10:31 PM
I'll just wait till Toys 'R Us has them in stock. :)

CSM101
10-20-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TERMINATOR-T-800-BATTLE-DAMAGED-TECH-NOIR-FIGURE-NECA-Series-2-Cult-Classics-/380378633278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589055543e

____ its looking good, im dieing to get it:panic:

The Rider
10-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Looks not bad, but the Jacket is not dirty enough and the left Eye es aWay to bloody.

The Rider
10-21-2011, 02:58 AM
I hope Neca makes a full Damage T-800, a Battle Damaged Endoskweltton wit broken leg and Kyle Reese(future War/1984).

vialli
10-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Sarah and John Connor to please :pray:

EndoSickness
10-21-2011, 03:52 AM

NECA nailed the T1 endo, even in this scale
Great scuplt.

Holy crap, that is THE 6" Endo.
Now they "just" need to re-do this Endo in 18" with this paintjob I´ll buy it.
No figures under 12" for me anymore...

crazypredator2
10-21-2011, 08:43 AM
got my T1 Police station assault figure today,(sorry no camera to post pictures) and i'm very happy with it, the paint is good on mine, no slop,a big improvement over series 1 t1 figures,skin tone a little pale but not like the series 1 one,but t1 's skin looked a little pale in the movie,
i don't really care for the head with eye damage ,that comes with it,
as i perfer head w/ sun shades anyway, the guns look good, nothing specail about them as far as paint washing etc.
hope everybody else gets a good one like i did.

( after checking again, more closley, the shades do have plastic under the shades, but not as noticable as the t2 figures with shades)

a-dev
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
The Gargoyle sunglasses are more of a wrap-around style though are they not? So they would never have had that.

The Rider
10-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Can you make a Photo of this Figure ?

crazypredator2
10-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Can you make a Photo of this Figure ?

no, i have no camera to post pictures.

crazypredator2
10-22-2011, 11:21 AM
imo the police assault and the new endo from series 1 , are the best of both series so far, i do wish they would do sarah connor from t2.

ZsaszSays
10-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Just picked up the Police Assault figure today. Love it! The paint apps are much better then series one.

crazypredator2
10-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Just picked up the Police Assault figure today. Love it! The paint apps are much better then series one.

yes , i agree, neca must have chewed some factory butt, these are alot better than series 1.

PharOOO
10-22-2011, 09:14 PM

Post pics please, Nesta.

ZsaszSays
10-22-2011, 09:19 PM
No computer. =/

a-dev
10-23-2011, 07:02 AM
:lol

Imagine if these were the latest Hot Toys release:

"WooHOOOOoooooo got mine!!!"

pics?

"Can't"

uhhhhhh WTF are you kidding??!!

KoBE
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Here you go:

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020731.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020732.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020735.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020740.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020741.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020746.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020752.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020755.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020758.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020761.jpg

More here (http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/index.html).

Jackhepburn
10-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Awww man that Police T101 looks sick! :rock

a-dev
10-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Heres hoping that T-1000 doesn't fall asunder like the T2 series 3 ones.

Do these things indeed come with alternate parts? Extra head for T-1000? Extra forearm for BD Tech Noir?

KoBE
10-23-2011, 01:43 PM
The T-1000 also comes with a normal head and a pointed index finger hand for both the left and right sides.

The Police Station Assault figure comes with an alternate head that has a damaged eye (with the endoskeleton peaking through).

The Battle Damaged Tech Noir also comes with a normal head, an extra right forearm, and right fist (open), and a left fist (closed).

a-dev
10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Excellent, thanks KoBE. I was wondering if any of those parts would get dropped in the final production figures. Glad they weren't.

jayiw
10-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Here you go:

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020731.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020732.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020735.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020740.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020741.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020746.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020752.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020755.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020758.jpg

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/images/p1020761.jpg

More here (http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/NECA_T1_S2/index.html).Paint apps look great. Very clean, I don't see any slop on those.

PharOOO
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the excellent pictures, KoBE!
You definitely got me excited about these figures again. It's also great to see NECA drastically improved QC on this series.

a-dev
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
On paint at least. So far theres no telling whether or not they'll break if you attempt to use the articulation. I'm particularly interested in that T-1000. Major brittle plastic issues in series 3.

DiFabio
10-24-2011, 03:58 AM
The Police Shootout Arnold appears to have a small, feminine, girly nose.

a-dev
10-24-2011, 06:02 AM
The Police Shootout Arnold appears to have a small, feminine, girly nose.

I thought it looked wierd too actually. The whole face looks peculiar in some shots.

dr.brown
10-24-2011, 07:23 AM
T1000 is solid but the Police Shootout disappoint strongly. Very weak performance, almost no resemblance with Arnold.
The only thing i like is the clothing, looks accurate on both.

From the Battle Damaged i must see bigger and more natural pictures (normal lightning).
Last little hope, lol

The old T2 line was better ;

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6624/19989206.jpg

crazypredator2
10-24-2011, 10:41 AM
maybe i need new glasses, but i think my t1 police assault arnie, looks like arnie, i'm happy with it.

ZsaszSays
10-24-2011, 11:28 AM
He hasn't seen them in person so he doesn't know what he's talking about.

dr.brown
10-24-2011, 11:31 AM
maybe i need new glasses, but i think my t1 police assault arnie, looks like arnie, i'm happy with it.

The old T2 looks way more like Arnie. The pictures you posted from T1 remind him, not more.
Saying he looks like Arnie doesnt reflect the truth.
Maybe you have a bad one or the photos arent natural enough or the scuplt is just bad. Its hard to say but he definitely doesnt look like arnie on your pictures.

huge differences sometimes.
One figure looks great, the second mediacore and the third like crap.Necas QC isnt the best, luck is all we need. :rotfl

A example

The First
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/551/41620974.jpg

The second

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3287/55937535.jpg

two dead eyes, lol.
Even small differences in paint can mess up everything

with the 18" Predator the same game, denture positioned completely different on every figure..
Paint on the forehead varies greatly and, and, and.
Never seen so big diffrences on a neca figure before.
I had already eight "closed mouth" predators. At the moment i have three. I can post pictures tomorrow to show how big the differences are.

crazypredator2
10-24-2011, 12:51 PM
it seems maybe one of our banned buddies, mite have difted back in.

snoop101
10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
it seems maybe one of our banned buddies, mite have difted back in.

:lol I was thinking the same thing when I saw those posts.

a-dev
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree with him on this one though...just going on pics at least.

The Rider
10-24-2011, 03:19 PM
The Differences are very bad.
I think the T1 Arnies look not like Arnie.
The likeness ist not so good.

@dr.brown, what you mean with denture ?

sgt.reese
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
is the series 2 out yet at Toys R Us.. i see them up on ebay and amazon

The Rider
10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
I hope Neca produce with Series 2 new Series 1 Figures with better Paint Job and Quality control.
The Quality control on the Tech Noit T-800 is catastrophic.

I saw two figures with lots of bright and dark spots on face.

The Rider
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
At your Tech Noir Battle Damaged T-800's bloody eye is painted right?
On many images is also blood on the nose, this is wrong.

Has an idea how to use the glasses as shown in this video could repainted ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpJZ_2gWQRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlGmG_wYvAk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT42hGfFeOg&feature=related

a-dev
10-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I like the sculpts on the BD Tech Noir and the T-1000 - dead-on. Not so much the Police Shootout T-800. The hair might aswell be the T2 style, just isn't long enough for T1 from what I can tell in pics and vids. The warped T-1000 stabbing fingers are no surprise whatsoever.

I was ___king terrified watching him do the articulation demonstration, particularly on the T-1000. This is why I got pretty annoyed in the predator threads when I effectively got accused of mishandling my figures causing them to break - compared to the guy in these videos I'm a paranoid freak about using the articulation. My T-1000s joints just crumbled under far less roughness than that guy appeared to put his under.

The Rider
10-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Have you an idea how the man in the Video repainted the glasses if the Police Shootout ?