PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Johnny Utah
08-02-2010, 09:26 AM
So far only the Motorcycle T-1000 has been confirmed, with Sarah a possibility. Between these and an all new T1 line, I can't wait for Toyfair 2011.

Series600
08-02-2010, 10:13 AM
So, um... maybe I missed something, but where and when was the Motorcycle T-1000 confirmed?

Sachiel
08-02-2010, 10:31 AM
From NECA's Twitter:

John is very unlikely, 12 year old boy is a tough sell as a figure. Sarah is a maybe & we still have Motorcycle Cop T-1000

young John is a tough sell, a 12 year old boy figure? Sarah is a maybe but we have original Terminator & other T-1000s still to come

quiggle
08-02-2010, 10:33 AM
have any of you done any modifications to the Pescadero/Battle Across Time faces to try to smooth out that part where the sunglasses handles touch the side head meet. no matter how I pose the figure it still looks a little odd having that part sticking out and was wondering how some of you have fixed it, if possible?

Series600
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Awesome!...that is all.

MaulFan
08-02-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/61.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/62.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/63.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/64.jpg

Coorectghosting
08-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Sounds like the next T2 series might just be a couple of T-1000s if no Sarah Connor. i can't think of any other T2 T-800 versions they could make.

a-dev
08-02-2010, 04:24 PM
From NECA's Twitter:

Thats almost completely good news :clap Thanks Johnny and Sachiel!

So we will be either getting a Neca Steel mill T-1000 or be able to make one. I guess I'll definitely hold off on any steelmill-related customs.

Pity that our fears about the likelihood of young John being made are justified and confirmed but the possibility of a Neca Sarah Connor is nice. I just hope its to be based either on the Steel mill or Pescadero escape. I don't need another Assassin Sarah with the cap - McFarlane's one is decent enough and for the same reasons I was originally unhappy about the Hot Toys regular figure - the ponytail and cap combo only represented a bare minimum of her screentime in the film. Thus the hair down look is far preferable if its the combat outfit.

have any of you done any modifications to the Pescadero/Battle Across Time faces to try to smooth out that part where the sunglasses handles touch the side head meet. no matter how I pose the figure it still looks a little odd having that part sticking out and was wondering how some of you have fixed it, if possible?

I don't think anyone has attempted that. The thing you're talking about is something we've all just gotten used to. It definitely bothered me at the start but not so much anymore.

Nice pics. Although it doesn't look very chrome - what do you think of it in person?

MaulFan
08-02-2010, 06:01 PM
It's not so much a chrome look, but it's a nice, metallic, reflective finish, definitely looks like a metal of some sort and not just a grey, raw sculpt, has a better shine in person than the camera's capturing. I'm happy with it, if they ever did it at 12" like this, I'd get that too.

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/T1000ANI.gif

DiFabio
08-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Your pics of the Liquid Metal T-1000 remind me of the Kenner White Hot T-1000 figure.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EY4PD3x1L.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/T1000ANI.gif

^^^
That is brilliant. Throw in the Pescadero split head and healing head with that gif and it would be perfect.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=13173

Buttmunch
08-02-2010, 08:19 PM
:lol @ the gifs

That is great news if the Motorcycle T-1000 is a go now. That means we'll get a Steel Mill for sure too. I mean, why wouldn't NECA milk those motorcylce pants at this point? Throw on the Galleria torso and a donut head and you'll have a home run :rock

I'm hoping for a frozen/liquid metal biker cop T-1000 though :pray:

Series600
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
They could make at least 4 variants with that figure... I hope they do it right.

a-dev
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Your pics of the Liquid Metal T-1000 remind me of the Kenner White Hot T-1000 figure.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EY4PD3x1L.jpg

White hot T-1000 with "arrow blaster" :rolleyes2 Who the hell came up with that crap?! Were we all just wierd children who ehhh wanted a T-1000 to actually look like the T-1000 in boring old police gear from the film? Oh well it only took 20 years.

Anyway moving on, can't wait to see exactly what the figures will be. I already want to suss out the quantities and see about customising any T-1000 look they don't make.

DiFabio
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Were we all just wierd children who ehhh wanted a T-1000 to actually look like the T-1000 in boring old police gear from the film? Oh well it only took 20 years.

I'm not going to lie I liked these as a kid,

http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/terminator2kenner/PowerArmT1.jpg
http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/terminator2kenner/ExplodingT10001.jpg
http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/terminator2kenner/TechnoPunchT-Front.jpg
http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/terminator2kenner/JohnConnor-3D-Front.jpg
http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/terminator2kenner/HeavyMetalCycle-Front.jpg
http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/terminator2kenner/BioFleshRegenerator-Front.jpg

Along with the Micromachine sets. That was about as accurate as you could get back then. I remember wanting "regular" versions but having to settle for those.

MaulFan
08-03-2010, 03:42 AM
I enjoyed my T2 figurs because I loved the movie and wanted to play it out with toys, but even at 9-10 years old, it bothered me that none of them looked even close to the movie, particularly T-1000s, there was no fully clean Robert Patrick looking figure, almost wonder if they didn't have rights to his portrait or something, the biker figure looked nothing like him and the other version was almost like Two-Face from Batman.

PharOOO
08-03-2010, 06:17 AM
I don't get NECA's reasoning why they don't think a John Conner figure would sell. For their Bioshock series, they released the Little Sister 2-pack and those are just 2 little girls. Or how about the multitude of Harry Potter figures? Most of those characters are just kids too. I mean really, who wouldn't buy a John Conner figure? He is only, after all, basically the main character of T2. If they don't feel confident about him single carded, pack him in with his bike to make it more appealing. Or better yet, pack him in a 2 pack with the T-1000 (Motor Bike version) or even the Pescadero T-800.
As much as I love NECA, I some times wonder about their mentality towards human characters in their Sci-Fi properties.

quiggle
08-03-2010, 06:28 AM
maybe they are having problems getting the license to Public Enemy's logo?

a-dev
08-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Sure I tried to have as much fun as I could with those Kenner figures, personally I only had the endo and the exploding "2 face" T-1000, but they fell far short of what I wanted even as a child. Even then I thought the gimmickry was a load of crap and just couldn't understand why they wouldn't make a normal T-800 and T-1000.

I don't get NECA's reasoning why they don't think a John Conner figure would sell. For their Bioshock series, they released the Little Sister 2-pack and those are just 2 little girls. Or how about the multitude of Harry Potter figures? Most of those characters are just kids too. I mean really, who wouldn't buy a John Conner figure? He is only, after all, basically the main character of T2. If they don't feel confident about him single carded, pack him in with his bike to make it more appealing. Or better yet, pack him in a 2 pack with the T-1000 (Motor Bike version) or even the Pescadero T-800.
As much as I love NECA, I some times wonder about their mentality towards human characters in their Sci-Fi properties.

I was thinking about that yesterday, the whole 2 pack idea. I haven't always followed Neca, really only since these T2 figures, and don't know what kind of history they have as regards child figures or 2 packs. Does it make financial sense to do a 2 pack? Would it have to cost more at retail than a normal figure? I was thinking surely it would have to otherwise Neca would be doing themselves out of money. Unless they made John Connor as an accessory-free, poorly painted statue with no articulation, wouldn't it cost just as much to make him as any other new figure? So they'd then be losing money by not selling him at full cost seperately?

Packing him with a rerelease of Pescadero T-800 might be interesting though if they feel theres more money to be made from that older figure which could help to absorb the cost of making a new John connor.

Johnny Utah
08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Arnie is following me on Twitter ever since I wished him a happy birthday. Soon as they show pics of the next figure be it NECA or HT I'll see what he thinks.

Also - Randy just told me on Twitter that work has just begun on T1 Series 1, Kyle is again the lead sculptor, and he wouldn't want it any other way. There might be some teasers before TF 2011.

Also - they are trying to get the rights to Dutch. He's the only human they want to make, and are trying.

a-dev
08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Arnie is following me on Twitter ever since I wished him a happy birthday. Soon as they show pics of the next figure be it NECA or HT I'll see what he thinks.

You serious? Cool. Is there any way of knowing its really him though? Try getting him to join SSF so we can see who he thinks did a better likeness, HT or NECA! :lol

Also - Randy just told me on Twitter that work has just begun on T1 Series 1, Kyle is again the lead sculptor, and he wouldn't want it any other way. There might be some teasers before TF 2011.

Also - they are trying to get the rights to Dutch. He's the only human they want to make, and are trying.

Fantastic news. I hope Kyle gets to sculpt Kyle...Reese.

Cool that they'll do Dutch aswell. Guaranteed purchase.

Johnny Utah
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
It is definitely him. His account is verified by Twitter and he regularly posts pics of himself at events. Last week he was at a movie museum and posted pics of himself sitting on the Harley from T2. What a legend.

I hope Dutch happens, they could do a T2 style wave of his looks from the film, from red t-shirt with no camo to Guerrilla camp assault to building a trap version to the final mud covered version. Since NECA has a healthy relationship with Fox from Predators among others, it is not impossible. I always figure if the seed is there in NECA's minds, it is only matter of time before it happens.

a-dev
08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
It is definitely him. His account is verified by Twitter and he regularly posts pics of himself at events. Last week he was at a movie museum and posted pics of himself sitting on the Harley from T2. What a legend.

I hope Dutch happens, they could do a T2 style wave of his looks from the film, from red t-shirt with no camo to Guerrilla camp assault to building a trap version to the final mud covered version. Since NECA has a healthy relationship with Fox from Predators among others, it is not impossible. I always figure if the seed is there in NECA's minds, it is only matter of time before it happens.

All you have to do is make them think it was their idea :lol Very apt with that Inception sig.

Thats really cool about Arnie following your twitter. Who would ever have thought the internet would be putting you in touch with the Terminator.

I'd love to get all the possible versions of Dutch. It seems unlikely though, not enough recycling potential because of the differences throughout the film. That said I think I'd prefer the movie poster version of Dutch if it was to only be one, with nude torso except for the ammo vest thing.

quiggle
08-04-2010, 05:00 AM
a local toy store recently got in several final battle 7" figures the other day, I was looking at all of them and noticed that some parts of T-800's hair is painted silver/grey. is this common on all the final battle 7" figures heads?

Platty
08-04-2010, 05:31 AM

The most awesomeness filled post i've ever seen!

Arnie following you on twitter, :lol that's ace

Dutch products from neca would be brilliant!

quiggle
08-04-2010, 10:22 AM
is the Steel Mill figure the same detail as the Hasta La Vista Baby scene, besides the thumper? I have him just holding and pointing the glock but wanted to know if that is screen accurate? thanks

Platty
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I think that is pretty much screen accurate!

quiggle
08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
thanks Platty

I forgot to ask also, to pose the Hasta La Vista scene, is it better to leave the head that came with the steel mill figure or swap it for the final battle head (the one that still has Arnold's full face, not the one revealing the endo eye??

Platty
08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Aren't they both the same buddy? I don't have the Steel Mill figure I just know way too much about T2 :lol

a-dev
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
The Steel mill figure has his eyes painted looking to his left, y'know in 'scan mode'. So for the Hasta la Vista scene you'd be best using the head from the Final Battle figure.

quiggle
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
great thanks Platty and a-dev, I'll pick up a final battle figure then.

also does anyone know where they sell cases of the figures instead of individual sets?

a-dev
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
great thanks Platty and a-dev, I'll pick up a final battle figure then.

also does anyone know where they sell cases of the figures instead of individual sets?

BBTS has shipped in cases before (1 of each figure) but at the moment only has series 3 with the T-1000, the other ones are sold out.

DiFabio
08-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Who would ever have thought the internet would be putting you in touch with the Terminator.

Skynet bro.

quiggle
08-05-2010, 06:07 AM
is the grenade launcher that comes with the terminator 3 mcfarlane figure screen accurate enough to use as a substitute accessory for the gas launcher to use with Steel Mill figure to try to recreate pose from t-800 vs. swat team scene?

MaulFan
08-05-2010, 06:41 AM
is the grenade launcher that comes with the terminator 3 mcfarlane figure screen accurate enough to use as a substitute accessory for the gas launcher to use with Steel Mill figure to try to recreate pose from t-800 vs. swat team scene?

It's close enough and the NECA holds it fine.

a-dev
08-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Anyone notice that grenade launcher being used in Inception? Instantly made me think of the T3 figure.

Ever since that bit of NECA twittering about how tough a sell young John Connor would be I just keep mulling it over. The more I think about it the more annoying its going to be to not have him. I won't lie and say he'd be the "best figure ever!" but I just think hes very important for that sense of completeness about the T2 collection. We've got the T-800 and T-1000 to display locked in battle over nothing. And a lot of my extra T-800s would really benefit from having young John to interract with such as my 'Uncle Bob' giving the thumbs up. Buuut thats just me :(

NECA, if theres any conceivable way to make a young John that your loss, if any, would be minimal, please do so for us hardcore fans. I rather like the idea someone had of packing him with the Pescadero T-800, perhaps, if it helped as a limited exclusive set (not that I generally like to encourage exclusivity)

quiggle
08-05-2010, 12:58 PM
NECA seems pretty stubborn on making only a Dutch from Predator if they get the license, so it's doubtful they would make John. they'd probably makes a Miles Dyson before him.

a-dev
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Miles Dyson? I could buy a Miles Dyson :dunno :lol

But I would seriously. He'd go well with my Man or Machine T-800 or Cyberdyne T-800.

Alas for Predator we're lucky just to be getting Dutch. They'd have to individually pursue and pay for the likeness rights of each P1 human and not necessarily have big sellers on their hands anyway. They're used to talking to Arnie's people plus, with the possible exception of a Jesse ventura figure hes the only guaranteed seller so... it'll annoy me when I get their Dutch figure because he'll miss his backup - I would buy all the P1 soldiers

Young John though. Hes one character out of a mere 4 primary characters in T2. I wish they'd take the risk on him.

Johnny Utah
08-05-2010, 02:58 PM
It's true that NECA are cosy with Arnold's people. Dutch will happen given NECA's public sharing of their attempts to snag his rights. Arnold is being very generous with his likeness right now because he'll be back making movies again soon, and wants to get his image back in the public eye. Dev - pm me your facebook if you have one. High times ahead.

a-dev
08-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I actually don't have a facebook, haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet. As soon I started a bebo account it seemed to became spam-city and everyone abandoned it - I never liked the name 'Bebo' anyway, it was hard not to associate it with 'Teeny Bopper'. I'm tempted to join facebook though, everyone I know is on it.

I'd like to see Arnie back in films again, its just a pity The Expendables will have been and gone, I would have liked more than a cameo by him. Arnie and Stallone as main starrers would have been preferable.

PharOOO
08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Besides all the Harry Potter characters, there's tons of Twilight characters. Yet, John Conner can't carry is own? Come on now.
John Conner could sell several different ways.

- Single carded. John with several accessories like backbag, laptop, endo skeleton arm in case, blade for the T-800 Man or Machine figure, and maybe even a life-size CPU chip

- Single carded. John with his motor bike and boombox

- 2 pack (similiar to Bioshock Big Sister/Big sister) John and Pescadero T-800. That T-800 is arguably the most iconic look for the Terminator. How many of us wouldn't spend an extra $10 to own a John with the awesomely sculpted T-800?
Perfect for the hardcore fan and the casual Terminator fan alike.

- 2 Pack. John with the Motorcycle T-1000. Since NECA is already making the biker version, reuse the legs from that version, the torse from Galleria and BOOM! Another famous look for the T-1000Give the T-1000 the shaking his finger hand as a bonus.

Come on NECA. One of those ideas has got to be to your liking. Think about it.
(somebody tweet that please) ;)

a-dev
08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
- 2 pack (similiar to Bioshock Big Sister/Big sister) John and Pescadero T-800. That T-800 is arguably the most iconic look for the Terminator. How many of us wouldn't spend an extra $10 to own a John with the awesomely sculpted T-800?
Perfect for the hardcore fan and the casual Terminator fan alike.

I really like that idea. I personally don't necessarily need another Pescadero T-800 I'd probably find a use for it somehow and it seems like packaging John with the T-800 would ensure instant recogniseability to casual purchasers.

The saviour of the human race and his protector in one 20th anniversary set. It seems perfect to me. Neca would get to make more money on a previous figure which would hopefully offset the money they somewhat reluctantly spend on making a new otherwise 'hard sell' figure. Or am I completely off the mark in thinking that?

PharOOO
08-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Since I joined this board, your thinking and mine have been completely singular, a-dev.
That's a great idea about the 20th anniversary too. Perhaps special commerative packaging to showcase the figures even more.

a-dev
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Indeed, preaching to the choir can be very nice!

As to the 20th anniversary, its possible this occasion is NECAs main impetus in giving us a 4th series. The gist from Tankman after he completed his work on series 3 was that he was ready to move on to T1 (or at least that it was his hope, T1 hadn't been announced at the time). Maybe I read too much into it but I took that to mean that series 3 would be the last for T2. But when you happen to have this license around such a significant anniversary you surely don't just drop it the year before the occasion comes up. Thankfully NECA were wise to that.
John and Sarah would be beyond cool to get but at least NECA are surely about to finish out the T-1000 for all his main looks in the film. Can't wait to get me my Steel Mill T-1000s - those extra Final Battle T-800s I bought will be justified!

quiggle
08-06-2010, 03:58 AM
are the chances of NECA rereleasing Pescadero Escape for the 20th Anniversary with newly sculpted head for T-800 where there is no buldge on the side of the sunglasses slim to none?

Johnny Utah
08-06-2010, 05:25 AM
They have covered pretty much all of the T-800's looks from T2. They might release an 18 incher with sounds, or maybe a Harley boxed set.

quiggle
08-06-2010, 05:30 AM
They have covered pretty much all of the T-800's looks from T2.

not the nekid one! :lol

Buttmunch
08-06-2010, 07:52 AM
That will be next year's SDCC exclusive :lol

Bezzerkerr
08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I finally picked up the 18" NECA T-800. A great $40 - 1/4 scale figure.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0886.jpg
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0884.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0887.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0891.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0885.jpg

Lord Freezer
08-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I have not read all the posts. Neca realize the 12 "T-1000?

quiggle
08-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I was able to purchase the Final Battle today, does everyone else's have Arnold heads where they painted his hair grey or is mine a bad paint job? thanks

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6962/57291029.jpg

snoop101
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
^^^ You probably just got a dud. Thats part of the reason I dont buy neca figures anymore, their paint apps are so inconsistent.

a-dev
08-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I was able to purchase the Final Battle today, does everyone else's have Arnold heads where they painted his hair grey or is mine a bad paint job? thanks

Actually they all have that grey in the hair around the battle-damaged area. Not really sure what they were going for but yes its normal.

Lord Freezer
08-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Neca realize the 12 " T-1000 (Pescadero escape)???

I have the T-800 Percadero Escape 12 " and I'd also have the T-1000 in the same scale...

a-dev
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
No indication of a 12" T-1000 so far.

MaulFan
08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I really hope if any 12" T-1000 is done it's the liquid metal version, if they dodge further 12" because of Hot Toys' line, then it'd be perfect, as HT won't be going that route, their product type really doesn't suit the look but NECA"s does and plenty of 12" T2 collectors would probably like to have that look of him in their lineups.

a-dev
08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd buy it but I wouldn't find it all that exciting an addition to the 1/6th collection.

Found a decent wagging finger (:nono) hand for the T-1000 -

http://www.spawn.com/toys/media.aspx?product_id=1483&type=photo&file=austin1_austin_photo_02_dp.jpg

Some minor quibbles prevent it being perfect - Its a smidge smaller than the NECA T-1000 hands but really not noticeably so. The one I have is a different skin tone (possibly affected by cigarette smoke) and the texture is smoother than NECAs hands.

flacco
08-09-2010, 03:24 AM
http://www.spawn.com/toys/media.aspx?product_id=1483&type=photo&file=austin1_austin_photo_02_dp.jpg

This mcfarlane figure rocks, perfect likeness

Lord Freezer
08-09-2010, 04:00 AM
A 12" T-1000 would be nice!

http://i35.tinypic.com/14bpd35.jpg

quiggle
08-09-2010, 04:27 AM
we would then need a repaint Pescadero T-800 with no sunglasses to make it screen accurate

Lord Freezer
08-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Rewrite the question in the right discussion...
which version will the first Terminator?
http://i33.tinypic.com/fciiw6.jpg
I love both!

Johnny Utah
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm uploading all my Terminator pics onto an imageshack account now. When it's done, it is free for all to have a look at. I did this to help Kyle and the guys at NECA to make the most accurate T1 figures possible and also to get Kyle to post in this thread any behind the scenes nuggets on the line, which is my Grail.

The album spans T1 and T2, maybe one or two from Salvation. No T3. It is filled with images not only from the films like stills, but tons of behind the scenes pictures, a lot of rare shots, as well as images of the Terminator in figure form from NECA as well as Hot Toys over the years.

A cool thing in this album is the fact that there are many pics not just of the key characters but also close-ups of the weapons used in T1, to help out Sam Lute, weapons sculptor for the line. I'll add the link as soon as it is done.

quiggle
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
do any of you have the NECA Reservior Dog figures and can place the sunglasses on a Man or Machine/Cyberdyne Showdown and tell me how that looks? I'm thinking of trying that tweak to see if that would look better than the bulging side skin/sunglasses handles on Pescadero Escape. thanks

quiggle
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Rewrite the question in the right discussion...
which version will the first Terminator?
http://i33.tinypic.com/fciiw6.jpg
I love both!

probably Tech Noir since NECA seems to be doing the figures in order of appearance.

Bezzerkerr
08-10-2010, 12:32 PM
-tech noir

-police shoot-out

-battle-damaged

-1/6 endo :)

Lord Freezer
08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I hope in a 12 " T-1000, to put it next to my T-800 Pescadero escape. I think the scale 12 " is the best because it combines details on size not too bulky!

The Rider
08-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I finally picked up the 18" NECA T-800. A great $40 - 1/4 scale figure.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0886.jpg
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0884.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0887.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0891.jpghttp://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/Bezzerkerr/IMGA0885.jpg

hope for a revised version.
A few details are missing.

And the paint job would have to change.
It looks to be a lot like plastic.

The new 7 "Endo has a perfecte Paint Job

tankman
08-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm uploading all my Terminator pics onto an imageshack account now. When it's done, it is free for all to have a look at. I did this to help Kyle and the guys at NECA to make the most accurate T1 figures possible and also to get Kyle to post in this thread any behind the scenes nuggets on the line, which is my Grail.

The album spans T1 and T2, maybe one or two from Salvation. No T3. It is filled with images not only from the films like stills, but tons of behind the scenes pictures, a lot of rare shots, as well as images of the Terminator in figure form from NECA as well as Hot Toys over the years.

A cool thing in this album is the fact that there are many pics not just of the key characters but also close-ups of the weapons used in T1, to help out Sam Lute, weapons sculptor for the line. I'll add the link as soon as it is done.

I can't wait to see the pics and thanks a lot.

Johnny Utah
08-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Still working on it. Imageshack is a _____.

Johnny Utah
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Ok guys - here it is. Dunno how to get it up for public viewing in any other way than this.

Click this link, then enter the following and enjoy:

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

Username: Johnny_Utah
Password: 310883

Right click on the image to view it...Imageshack is damn awkward. Feel free to take anything you want from it, I've been saving these pics for years and years.

Kyle - I hope these images help with your sculpting, I have waited a long time to see them made, and have faith you're the guy to nail them.

ILove10aflyViper
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Ok guys - here it is. ]

Wooow. Thanks so much man, that was a blast to look through!

Lord Freezer
08-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Great work Johnny Utah!
I love it:
http://a.imageshack.us/img830/8868/600pxtermsesidea66.jpg

Johnny Utah
08-11-2010, 02:47 AM
No problemo. I like the behind the scenes stuff the most, like Cameron and Arnold, Robert Patrick watching a scene get shot. Major props to the guys at jamescamerononline for a lot of these.

MaulFan
08-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Thanks for sharing all that with us Johnny :duff

Bezzerkerr
08-11-2010, 07:02 AM
hope for a revised version.
A few details are missing.

And the paint job would have to change.
It looks to be a lot like plastic.

The new 7 "Endo has a perfecte Paint Job

You do realize this is a $40 plastic action figure...right?

It's not gonna be perfect, hence the $40 price tag ... and in that price range, it's hands down the best Endo available.

Other Endo's:
1/4 Sideshow Statue: $1,000
1/6 Hot Toys Endo figure: $500
1/12 NECA: $15

I'm perfectly fine with the "missing details" and plastic look.

Johnny Utah
08-11-2010, 07:34 AM
I hope my album will be the shot in the arm this thread needs, and will get Kyle to post here more. I love his Arnold work.

MaulFan
08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I hope my album will be the shot in the arm this thread needs, and will get Kyle to post here more. I love his Arnold work.

Based on threads here, it seems the larger Terminator collector base looks down on NECA products compared to Alien and Predator fans who are showing a strong love for all of. Granted, NECA's flaws show more with humans than creatures.

I'm happy to have NECA, Sideshow and HT doing Terminator stuff, I welcome products from any of their lines.

a-dev
08-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks for that album Johnny, I saved a few photos I'd never seen before.

Based on threads here, it seems the larger Terminator collector base looks down on NECA products compared to Alien and Predator fans who are showing a strong love for all of. Granted, NECA's flaws show more with humans than creatures.

Yeah I've noticed that around here. There seems to be fewer regular posters in the NECA Terminator thread than in the NECA Predator thread. And far more people contending that NECAs Predator figures are 'better' than the Hot Toys Predator figures than there are people saying that NECAs Terminator figures are better than Hot Toys Terminator figures. In fact to me it seemed like if you were in the NECA thread saying that Hot Toys predator figures were better you were in the minority. Anyway thats just my observation. Personally I think both companies are putting out the very best figures from those licenses you could possibly get. What NECA lacks in its finish (and QC) it makes up for in its accuracy to the source material. What Hot Toys lacks in accuracy it makes up for in its finish and sheer impressiveness. Both companies ought to be important for a fan of these films.

Bezzerkerr
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
What NECA lacks in its finish (and QC) it makes up for in its accuracy to the source material. What Hot Toys lacks in accuracy it makes up for in its finish and sheer impressiveness.

:goodpost: You hit the nail on the head.

Macularius
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
To me, the neca terminator sculpts are years ahead of the hot toys sculpts. The hot toys arnold still seems odd to me, and the neca figure has sculpted clothes with all the correct wrinkle lines and such as opposed to the smooth leather jacket and pants of the hot toys. Granted the paint job on neca figures aren't good (some are very well done but other suck!) I only care about the sculpt, because if the paint really bothers me it's really an easy minute fix most of the time.

*rant over*

tankman
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Ok guys - here it is. Dunno how to get it up for public viewing in any other way than this.

Click this link, then enter the following and enjoy:

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

Username: Johnny_Utah
Password: 310883

Right click on the image to view it...Imageshack is damn awkward. Feel free to take anything you want from it, I've been saving these pics for years and years.

Kyle - I hope these images help with your sculpting, I have waited a long time to see them made, and have faith you're the guy to nail them.

Thanks so much and some of these pics will help me get this sculpture to look better now. As a big terminator fan I'm very happy were doing this figure at long last. I've wanted this one even more than the T2 figures. I think Terminator fans are in for a real treat with these figures and it's way fun for me to be part of it.

Lord Freezer
08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for that album Johnny, I saved a few What NECA lacks in its finish (and QC) it makes up for in its accuracy to the source material. What Hot Toys lacks in accuracy it makes up for in its finish and sheer impressiveness. Both companies ought to be important for a fan of these films.
:goodpost:

Neca has done a great job. This Arnold is perfect!

http://i35.tinypic.com/24v2x49.jpg
:clap:clap:clap

a-dev
08-11-2010, 10:39 AM

Wow, I love the Hot Toys figure but those comparison photos clearly show the sunglasses being the wrong size and shape and the way that the face is a little too squashed. If only NECAs had the high-end finish of Hot Toys it'd be positively unbeatable.

vodoun
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Something has always thrown me off with that photo. Even when the film came out on VHS back in the early 90's. As if it's not Arnie, he looks so thin in that photo... sometimes I always get the impression it's not him.

a-dev
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I've heard that said before but I don't get it. Looks like him to me :dunno

Johnny Utah
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks so much and some of these pics will help me get this sculpture to look better now. As a big terminator fan I'm very happy were doing this figure at long last. I've wanted this one even more than the T2 figures. I think Terminator fans are in for a real treat with these figures and it's way fun for me to be part of it.

You're welcome Kyle. One of my happiest memories is Toyfair '09 when NECA announced all of Arnold's looks. Hope we get the same next year along with more T2 goodness.

a-dev
08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
You're welcome Kyle. One of my happiest memories is Toyfair '09 when NECA announced all of Arnold's looks. Hope we get the same next year along with more T2 goodness.

I still remember my total surprise and joy on first seeing the pics of the 4 2ups. I wasn't aware of any prior announcement and I was just blown away. I wanted them immediatley.

The T1 figures won't come as a surprise now but the anticipation will be no less. And I also can't wait to see how they finish out the T2 line.

quiggle
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
has NECA made any new announcements on what they will have in stored for the 20th anniversary?

Johnny Utah
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I asked Randy on Twitter about that. If he replies I'll post it here. He's off this week so it might take time. He has mentioned the Motorcycle Cop T-1000 so I'd take that as confirmed.

Lord Freezer
08-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I asked Randy on Twitter about that. If he replies I'll post it here. He's off this week so it might take time. He has mentioned the Motorcycle Cop T-1000 so I'd take that as confirmed.

Please, ask if you can make the T-1000 12 "? :pray:

quiggle
08-11-2010, 12:04 PM
thanks, so it's safe to say only T-1000 figures will be made for the 20th anniversary that finishes out the rest of the line?

quiggle
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Please, ask if you can make the T-1000 12 "? :pray:

:pray: for a 12" Cyberdyne Showdown but NECA said that is not happening.

Bezzerkerr
08-11-2010, 12:52 PM

WOW what a comparison.

a-dev
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
thanks, so it's safe to say only T-1000 figures will be made for the 20th anniversary that finishes out the rest of the line?

I can't see that. A wave of just T-1000s celebrating the 20th anniversary? No, Arnie would have to be in there somewhere to ensure maximum recogniseability and for the benefit of anyone who missed prior versions.

The only unmade version (which is possible to make by partswapping between existing figures) is the SWAT shootout T-800 before he damages his knee and gets the limp.

Other than that you're talking straight rereleases or, as some of us hope, a rerelease of the likes of Pescadero T-800 this time packaged with a brand new young John Connor. :pray:

WOW what a comparison.

Yeah, in that particular comparison theres no doubt in my mind that the NECA figure looks the best. You can't notice the lesser skin texture and inferior paint on the NECA in that photograph while the incredible detail and paintjob of the Hot Toys is better demonstrated in other, better lit pictures. But if I was a casual observer I'd say the sculpt on the NECA is better based on that comparison.

The Rider
08-11-2010, 02:41 PM
You do realize this is a $40 plastic action figure...right?

It's not gonna be perfect, hence the $40 price tag ... and in that price range, it's hands down the best Endo available.

Other Endo's:
1/4 Sideshow Statue: $1,000
1/6 Hot Toys Endo figure: $500
1/12 NECA: $15

I'm perfectly fine with the "missing details" and plastic look.

The plastic paint job looks terrible.

A new paint job is required.
The new 7 "Endo also have a great paint job and cost only $ 15.
They also have a few details at the mouth more than the 18 "figure.

As Randy said yes like a new endo for T1 to make, you could also bring out a new 18 "Endoskeleton.

This is better than the old one.

There are not many things are missing, it would not add this great work.

The Rider
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM

The neca Sculpt is very good.
But, without sunglasses the likeness is lower.

a-dev
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I know what you mean about the 18" endoskeleton paintjob, a very flat silver - its very toylike - short of being actual chrome the most recent 7" endoskeleton has the most ideal type of paint which hopefully NECA would use on any future endoskeleton big or small.

Coorectghosting
08-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I think Hot Toys T2 Arnie has proportions more like T1 Arnie. he was definitely bigger back then.

MaulFan
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM

I'd say they're both flawed, the NECA's always felt a little on the elongated side, HT's a bit squished, and like the comparison, Arnold's actual portrait lies somewhere in the middle ground.

However, both are great and rather than just one nice collectible, we get several, so no biggy, love the Hot Toys and NECA figures.

HottoyzJoker
08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
^^^ I always agreed that Neca did a great job with Arnold scuplt I bought the BD Ver 12inch... But it just fails in fine details in the paint job that Hottoys Arnold has... I disgree with Neca Predator being better then Hottoys P1... The 12inch may look a little better but I want to see finish in had pics before I decide... Are we getting a 12inch???

Bezzerkerr
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
The plastic paint job looks terrible.

A new paint job is required.
The new 7 "Endo also have a great paint job and cost only $ 15.
They also have a few details at the mouth more than the 18 "figure.

As Randy said yes like a new endo for T1 to make, you could also bring out a new 18 "Endoskeleton.

This is better than the old one.

There are not many things are missing, it would not add this great work.

Terrible Required Details ... :rotfl

1/4 scale > 1/12 scale all day.

Lord Freezer
08-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Twins:

http://picasion.com/pic28/dee74f9344720df8cdcccb6a9962ff11.gif

Johnny Utah
08-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Right click. Save picture.

Lord Freezer
08-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Right click. Save picture.

:wink1::hi5:

HottoyzJoker
08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Arnold got pale fast there... Neca fix your paint issues...
:) :) :) :p

Bezzerkerr
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Arnold got pale fast there... Neca fix your paint issues...
:) :) :) :p

I'll take a paint issue over a likeness issue every day of the week.

a-dev
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Twins:

http://picasion.com/pic28/dee74f9344720df8cdcccb6a9962ff11.gif

Cool. Try that with the Hot Toys figure and it wouldn't match up so close. In fairness to HT that was an unflattering image but the sunglasses are definitely wrong and had they been bigger, as they should be, they would have made the HT figure's nose disappear. They were made to not look wierd on a slightly too short face.
But speaking of the HT T-800 I think its time for me to take mine back out of the box because today I got T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise :yess: I also got the NECA liquid metal T-1000 figure. It was a good day!

Liquid metal T-1000 is a worthy addition to the line. It actually is too detailed to represent the CG morphing T-1000 IMO but I think it looks very like the 'tin foil' T-1000 who briefly fought with the T-800 in the steel mill. I hope my forbidden planet order also goes ahead because I'd like another one to customise into said Steel mill 'tin foil' T-1000 with the appropriate motorcycle boots - stolen from a spare set of McFarlane T-1000 legs, chromed over and transplanted onto the NECA figure - assuming NECA don't go ahead and make it in series 4. Thats actually why I'm particularly eager to hear what NECA are doing next for T2, so I know what not to bother trying to customise.

Johnny Utah
08-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Randy said on Twitter that new T2 figures are coming. FigureS, as in more than one.

a-dev
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Ah I was hoping for more 'detailed files' than that from him. We were already safe in assuming it'd be more than one figure.

Johnny Utah
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
He said there'll be more on T1 and T2 in the fall.

MaulFan
08-12-2010, 04:28 PM
At this point, there's really only T-1000 left, as far as the Terminators, T-800's pretty much been done, might see more repacks or something, but I think only T-1000 and the possible Sarah for new stuff. Still hope the SDCC figure goes over well enough to prompt a 12" release.

a-dev
08-12-2010, 04:38 PM
My most wanted of the least likelies are definitely young John and Pescadero Escape Sarah Connor.

quiggle
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
if NECA doesn't think a young John Connor would sell, could they make the future one?

also for the future maybe they could make a resistance soldier for the T2 line then make a head swap for a futre Reese for the T1 line?

MaulFan
08-12-2010, 05:12 PM
NECA's product relies on bothe the casual and the die hard collector.

Things like young John, Future John and a generic reistance fighter cater more to the die hards, for the more casual, having the hero and the villain is enough and all that really matters.

I hope that we at least get one '84 Reese with T1 and not just T-800 figures.

quiggle
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
too bad NECA won't be making a Traxler or Wukovits.

Lord Freezer
08-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Neca will release the Terminator Salvation's characters?

Johnny Utah
08-13-2010, 02:53 AM
No just figures from T1 and T2.

Lord Freezer
08-13-2010, 03:00 AM
I hope to:

T-1000 12 "
Young Connor 7 "(T2)
T-800 (T1) 7 "- 12" (two versions)
Kyle Reese 7 "
Sarah Connor 7" (T2)
T-850 (T3) 7 "-12"

MaulFan
08-13-2010, 03:47 AM
I'd like to see NECA tackler John Connor and Marcus Wright, too bad they likely won't.

Macularius
08-13-2010, 05:32 AM
I'd like to see NECA tackler John Connor and Marcus Wright, too bad they likely won't.

It's a shame they aren't interested in making figures from salvation, but they jumped right away on predators. I'd love at least a T-600 by NECA, it's a shame they don't like the designs.

quiggle
08-13-2010, 08:09 AM
It's a shame they aren't interested in making figures from salvation, but they jumped right away on predators. I'd love at least a T-600 by NECA, it's a shame they don't like the designs.

which one, the rubber skin?

I'd like for a blair williams, but wishful thinking.

ILove10aflyViper
08-13-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd love at least a T-600 by NECA

I cannot believe they won't put out a T-600. That's really the only one from the movie I feel like I need.

a-dev
08-13-2010, 11:47 AM
And thats precisely why they won't bother making T4 figures.

HottoyzJoker
08-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I'll take a paint issue over a likeness issue every day of the week.

Ill laugh at you while my Hottoys Arnold dose too...

a-dev
08-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't laugh at that. I agree a flaw in the sculpt is a worse issue than bad paint. I find myself more frustrated by the Hot Toys sculpt because its so close to perfection and only just falls short - pun intended - in the middle of the face. I find it hard not to be distracted by the way his nose is too sloped and the bridge not long enough, making his eyes too close to his mouth and looking slightly too far apart because of that. And in turn that meant they had to make the sunglasses innaccurate so as they wouldn't look massively oversized on his face. That sounds like a lot of complaining but its all out of love because everything else is so right - the eyes are unmistakeable, the mouth, the chin, the cheekbones and the shadow they create are dead on. Plus all the realistic details like little veins in the temples etc.

NECAs sculpt doesn't have the above sculpt 'short'coming and I also disagree with Maulfan about it being elongated. I'm not overly fond of the amount of lines in the mouth area and this chin dimple thing (even if he does have it, its not something you notice quite like this) but its otherwise a perfect T2 Arnie sculpt. I wish we could see it with a HT quality finish.

PharOOO
08-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I originally posted this idea in the NECA Predator thread but I'll re-post it in the appropriate thread here.
Basically, a few of the guys were tossing around ideas on how to convince NECA to make a John Conner figure from T2. We've heard before from NECA that they are not confident that a single packed Conner figure would be marketable enough. To work around that issue, I thought it would be best if he was included in a 2-pack with a re-released Pescadero T-800 for instant recognition.

"My mission is to protect you."

Terminator 2: Judgement Day 20th Anniversary Collectors Edition 2-pack of young John Conner and protector T-800.

Macularius
08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Got the 12 inch pescadero today. Love how you can take the sunglasses off.

quiggle
08-14-2010, 04:07 AM
it would be cool to get them on the bike with T-800 raising his hand and swearing not to kill anyone anymore, isn't that a central theme in the movie?

MaulFan
08-14-2010, 07:46 AM
A 2-pack to get John made might have worked before, but I think it's too late now, unless they pack John with a new T-1000 or a Sarah Connor.. The only time I can think of NECA putting out a child figure in a 2 pack is their Michael Myers figure, and in that instance, the adult Michael was from a rare and priecy box set, so it was a chance for people who missed the box set or didn't want to pay that price to get the Michael figure. With this T2, they've pretty much made every possible T-800 already, if people wanted it, they've bought it, so even as a 2pack, the T-800 would likely be a reissue and then the 2 pack would really only appeal to die hards after the John and willing to toss the T-800 to get him, but casuals who might be iffy about John will pass not wanting to pay the higher price just for him because they already have the T-800 included. If they pack John with an all new figure, then it might work because both parts of the set would have appeal to a broad range.

Buttmunch
08-14-2010, 09:24 AM
But all 4 of the T-800s in the first two waves sold like Hot Cakes! The new wave's haven't moved as quickly, well, at least the T2 3D figure hasn't. But I think there would be many casual people that would jump at the chance to get the Pescadero T-800 again, and John would be an added bonus. And I think only the die hards would want John to begin with and I think we'd all be willing to buy yet another T-800 to get him.

Matt S
08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Salvation has awesome terminator designs, imo. They could do at least two T600s - cloth and not; the could do a John Connor, a motorcycle-terminator...I'd love a Hybro bot, flying bot two pack, etc

quiggle
08-14-2010, 09:28 AM
the only T-800 figure they didn't make is Man or Machine with human left arm. maybe they can make a 2-pack John and t-800 from the garage scene with an alternate head that shows when they removed the chip. but then you probably need a Sarah as well.

MaulFan
08-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't think many people would buy the Man or Machine figure with a clean arm, it's a briefly seen moment before the main shot of the scene.

The only T-800 they could really make that hasn't been done is a SWAT shootout figure with the grenade launcher and pistol as well as non-BD pants.

Matt S
08-14-2010, 09:42 AM
I'd take a buff, nude Arnuld....in some ways, its the most iconic portrayal of the character........:horror - not that I'm into nude dudes, but iconic is iconic

MaulFan
08-14-2010, 09:47 AM
That'd be even more niche than young John. I'm sure people at NECA as fans would lvoe to sculpt a crouched, just arrived T-800 diorama or something like that, but too few people would ever buy that to warrant producing it.

quiggle
08-14-2010, 09:47 AM
do any of you know when Toy Fair is? on NECA's twitter they said more information will be unveiled around that time and possibly a Terminator 2 20th Anniversary logo will be made?

MaulFan
08-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Toy Fair will be February 2011.

Buttmunch
08-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I'd take a buff, nude Arnuld....in some ways, its the most iconic portrayal of the character........:horror - not that I'm into nude dudes, but iconic is iconic

The only way that would ever happen is if they made him like Ken and by that I mean unanatomically correct. And even then he'd have to be a SDCC exclusive or something.

quiggle
08-14-2010, 10:37 AM
this would be a cool figure, but too bad NECA doesn't have T3 licensing.

http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/3013/boxshot_us_large.jpg

a-dev
08-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Got the 12 inch pescadero today. Love how you can take the sunglasses off.

Unless you're taking a sarcastic swipe at the figure I'm not sure why you would 'love' how you can take the sunglasses off what with the eyes being unpainted. Literally nothing to see there!

Lord Freezer
08-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Well so are not lost!

quiggle
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
do you think a larger Cyberdyne Showdown would sell well or not? I asked NECA's twitter and they said they are considering it but no plans yet.

Bezzerkerr
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
this would be a cool figure, but too bad NECA doesn't have T3 licensing.
http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/3013/boxshot_us_large.jpg

I always loved this picture.

do you think a larger Cyberdyne Showdown would sell well or not? I asked NECA's twitter and they said they are considering it but no plans yet.

I would jump all over an 18" Cyberdyne Showdown.

T-?
08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I started going back to pick up some older favorite Kenner figs, at least we got a Johnny there!

Neca should do a John/T2 Future John 2pack.

ILove10aflyViper
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
I agree. Seeing that idea discussed here makes it seem like a no-brainer for NECA. Is there a petition someone has made?

Series600
08-18-2010, 01:11 AM

Of course it would sell! Heck, I'd buy two of those. Would be awesome if the barrels of the mini gun would spin. That was my favorite figure from series 2.

quiggle
08-18-2010, 04:04 AM
how does NECA gauge interests for figures, do we all write to the Twitter and say we'd like one? with only Pescadero and Final Battle made in 12", NECA really hasn't given up a large format full face Arnold figure you know. and I don't think Man Machine 12" would sell well.

quiggle
08-18-2010, 08:05 AM
do you think there will be an SDCC exclusive like this year's T-1000, and if so who do you think would be a good choice? I'd like the future Reese to be the exclusive.

Bezzerkerr
08-18-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking about having my NECA 18" Endo chromed by Creations n Chrome...however, i'm affraid it will be too bright/shiny.

What do you guys think?

my guess is it will be a little brighter than this:
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/823/t8005.jpg

a-dev
08-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Their exclusives tend to be variant paint jobs of existing figures, not entirely new sculpts.

quiggle
08-18-2010, 10:07 AM
thanks a-dev, I didn't realize that. I hope it's not some Endoskeleton repaint though.

a-dev
08-18-2010, 10:51 AM
I think anything would be better than the boring flat paintjob the 18" endo has by default. Go for it.

how does NECA gauge interests for figures, do we all write to the Twitter and say we'd like one? with only Pescadero and Final Battle made in 12", NECA really hasn't given up a large format full face Arnold figure you know. and I don't think Man Machine 12" would sell well.

Well twittering them could do no harm to the chances of 12" Cyberdyne Showdown happening. I'm surprised to hear that they haven't ruled it out. I'd buy it. And if HT doesn't do a Cyberdyne version of T-800 things like the bandolier and gloved hands from a 12" NECA could possibly be used on the HT MMS117 T-800 to convert him into a Cyberdyne.

Its probably true that a 12" Man or machine wouldn't sell all that well, it did seem to be the pegwarmer of series one. But it would benefit from the larger scale - the endo arm could be more detailed like the 2up that was first shown. Again I'd buy it for completist reasons probably but there'd be no strict need for it what with the Hot Toys figure being able to recreate that scene.

quiggle
08-18-2010, 10:53 AM
do you know if they can chrome the revealing endoskeleton parts for the Battle Damaged 12"?

Bezzerkerr
08-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure they can chrome anything.

a-dev
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Well I'm no expert on NECA I just think I've seen other people say that. Like how the Predators exclusive predictably ended up just being a cloaked Berzerker. And the T2 exclusive was just a Galleria T-1000 repaint.

Lord Freezer
08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
I hope in a 12" T-1000 :monkey2 (with interchangeable heads and hands)

a-dev
08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
This is the hand I took from a McFarlane Austin Powers figure to use with the T-1000. Unfortunately its a bit yellow, possibly from cigarette exposure.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2pics.jpg

Macularius
08-19-2010, 06:48 AM
And thats precisely why they won't bother making T4 figures.

Whether or not you liked the movie, you gotta admit the designs are awesome. Same for T3.

Platty
08-19-2010, 08:51 AM
That looks cool a-dev!

quiggle
08-27-2010, 05:14 PM
just got my final battle 12" today and wanted to know if others here also have the same paint job on the lip like the one I have where it's missing pink on the left side?

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/430/img1678o.jpg

does it look like this angle from the film?

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7460/dfdz.jpg

a-dev
08-27-2010, 06:51 PM
I suppose mine kinda has that but not exactly to a terrible degree that I'd have noticed if you hadn't said anything.

quiggle
08-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I suppose mine kinda has that but not exactly to a terrible degree that I'd have noticed if you hadn't said anything.

I didn't notice mine from the naked eye at first, it was only after I took the photo that it picked it up. I guess if yours has it too then that's the way it is, but does anyone has a full painted lip I guess is the better question.

EndoSickness
08-28-2010, 12:37 PM
My 6" Final Battle has little problems concerning the lips and the eyes.
Looks strange but hell...that´s what 6" gives ya.
HT will be better and when you do it yourself...

quiggle
08-28-2010, 03:15 PM
My 6" Final Battle has little problems concerning the lips and the eyes.
Looks strange but hell...that´s what 6" gives ya.
HT will be better and when you do it yourself...

my 6" has a fully painted lip so I was wondering why the 12" was like it, I thought it was a paint job on my part but like the screen cap and a-dev said theirs looks similar.

how come the eyes seems to look like they have mascara on them lol I noticed this on the 6" and 12" looks like Adam Lambert

Sachiel
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
The lips are just not painted all the way. That is all. He's not 'missing' anything in the screencap. That's just the light shining on his lips.

Macularius
09-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Exclusive T-1000 will be here in a couple days :clap

a-dev
09-05-2010, 10:06 PM
My order of 2 of the liquid metal T-1000s from Forbiddenplanet.com should have arrived last week after being sent the week before, seen as it was only going from England to Ireland. I'll see if the package is there tomorrow I guess.

Still interested to find out what series 4 will be, but all attention is on the HT T-1000 right now.

-edit- those 2 liquid metal T-1000s arrived today. Assuming NECA don't do it one of them will become a steel mill version using the boots of the McFarlane figure transplanted onto it and painted chrome.

Macularius
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Love these things.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/Macularius/neca1.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/Macularius/neca2.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/Macularius/neca3.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/Macularius/neca6.jpg

a-dev
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Very nice pics. Atmospheric lighting. What are we looking at in the background and the floor? Where'd you take those photos?

quiggle
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
NECA Twitter very excited!

wait til you see the original Terminator he's working on. So awesome to finally see it happen, this line will rule in '11

Macularius
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd love to see a "surgery" exclusive, with the open arnold arm, mashed eye and a medkit or something. That would be pretty cool!

Minimodel
09-10-2010, 12:51 AM
NECA Twitter very excited!

wait til you see the original Terminator he's working on. So awesome to finally see it happen, this line will rule in '11

Is there a picture up?I do nt use Twitter.

quiggle
09-10-2010, 04:17 AM
I didn't see any links, I think they are still in the sculpting stages.

Minimodel
09-10-2010, 04:42 AM
OK,thanks for replying : o )

quiggle
09-10-2010, 04:53 AM
no problems minimodel, here is another response

more 12" probably not but definitely more 7" from original Terminator and T2 coming in 2011

Bloodsport
09-10-2010, 04:58 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Man, imagine Hot Toys version of Part 1. Might be a DX version. One will be the club scense and the other when Terminator sports the black jacket, with light up eyes, disfigure face. This is a dream come true. Always wanted a Terminator 1 figure since I was a kid.

quiggle
09-10-2010, 05:02 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Man, imagine Hot Toys version of Part 1. Might be a DX version. One will be the club scense and the other when Terminator sports the black jacket, with light up eyes, disfigure face. This is a dream come true. Always wanted a Terminator 1 figure since I was a kid.

how does that work though, wouldn't there be three heads for this then, regular, injured eye and exposed endo eye do you think they could put that all in a DX?

Minimodel
09-10-2010, 05:09 AM
In all honesty if I never bought another figure after Hot Toys original Terminator it would nt trouble me as I ll have perfect copies of all characters in 1/6 i ve ever had an interest in.(Mind you a 1/6 Damon Jason Bourne would be very nice,but still...)

These last four years or so with Hot Toys and Enterbay have been a real treat!!

Bloodsport
09-11-2010, 02:56 PM
how does that work though, wouldn't there be three heads for this then, regular, injured eye and exposed endo eye do you think they could put that all in a DX?

Yes they would. Heck, look at how many Iron Man figures they made. Heck, they even got a Sarah Connoh disguise figure and its out already. Hopefully this will be a DX version with the 3 heads and 2 outfits. :yess:

Idpullthecurtains
09-17-2010, 05:21 AM
from the neca tweets. They are currently painting new t-1000's sculpts!
Nice one

DiFabio
09-17-2010, 06:26 AM
:drool:drool:drool

a-dev
09-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Excellent. I'd love to know which ones.

Buttmunch
09-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Gotta be Biker and Steel Mill.

a-dev
09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Biker wouldn't be all that important to me in this scale, not without the bike. I'd still buy him though. I'd just rather have a couple of different Steel mills.

crazypredator2
09-17-2010, 08:16 AM
great sculpts, cheap , cheap paint jobs, i just don't understand neca,at all.
i wish tankman could join the hot toys team, where his great work,
could be properly and truly,enjoyed as it was meant to be.

Idpullthecurtains
09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
surely they are doing donut head? You know they are!

Macularius
09-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Very nice pics. Atmospheric lighting. What are we looking at in the background and the floor? Where'd you take those photos?

Thanks! I actually took them in my undeveloped basement, which has a concrete floor and cinderblock/brick things mortared together for walls. There was a beam of sunlight hitting the floor that I put the figs in, and I made everything a little bluer in photoshop.

Macularius
09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
great sculpts, cheap , cheap paint jobs, i just don't understand neca,at all.
i wish tankman could join the hot toys team, where his great work,
could be properly and truly,enjoyed as it was meant to be.

It's all about keeping the price down!

The paint jobs on these terminators aren't that bad actually, because they aren't very complex. The only problem that I've had is that the paint actually flakes off sometimes, but since I've sealed all of them that doesn't happen anymore (it also makes them look kind of sweaty like they did in the film!)

quiggle
09-20-2010, 04:13 AM
does anyone else find it odd to have the Steel Mill standing side by side the Final Battle for chronological purposes, but the Steel Mill's figure jacket has a more dirty distressed look than the Final Battle one which looks darker and less worn out?

bplus73
09-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I really hope Neca to release 12" T-1000 (Gallerie Mall) version.
And the Traffic Police version.

DiFabio
09-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Come on guys, stop bumping this thread up. Every time I see OFFICIAL NECA TERMINATOR 2 THREAD I keep expecting pics of the next wave.

STAP IT!

crazypredator2
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I really hope Neca to release 12" T-1000 (Gallerie Mall) version.
And the Traffic Police version.

i doubt they do, it cost them to much, according to neca,.

MaulFan
09-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Long shot but I still hope we get a 12" liquid metal figure, i'd love to have that look in my collection and NECA figures are the best option for it.

bplus73
09-21-2010, 08:47 AM
I bought that "flower box" from a toy accessories shop for my 12" Neca T-800. The shotgun is in the box, but a bit longer, but you won't see it from this angle. :)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lwr8mv.jpg

a-dev
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Yep, its a good idea, I've done that too although I had it spare from a Hot Toys T-800. I've got one 12" Pescadero like that and one in the two-handed shotgun firing pose from the mall - a pose which IMO the NECA figure pulls off better than the Hot Toys.

quiggle
09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
for the 12" Pescadero, where his eyebrows are scrunched up is there supposed to be dark paint lines there or not? some of the photos members posted have it and some don't?

Macularius
09-21-2010, 01:49 PM
for the 12" Pescadero, where his eyebrows are scrunched up is there supposed to be dark paint lines there or not? some of the photos members posted have it and some don't?

You might be seeing shadows.

Macularius
09-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Got the liquid metal T-1000 yesterday! It's my 2nd favorite out of the T1000 variations (galleria, then liquid metal, then pescadero)

erolstein
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Cant decide between the two, which 12" is better, pls help : http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_3567.jpg

Toni Plutonij
10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
They are both really great, however, I prefer damaged one a bit better, just because of the extra details and light up eye.

erolstein
10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes. the details on the 12" are fantastic and the likeness is much better than on the 7" figure

12"

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_3548.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_3551.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_3570.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_3573.jpg

7"
The difference is huge (if Neca release the most beatiful Predator 1 ever made in 18scale, there will be the same difference)

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_1792.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going%20over%20001/100_3666.jpg

I love the Photo and i hope NECA release some day a 12" of T-1000 or better a 18" of T-1000 and a 18" of Terminator Battle Damaged or Pescadero.

Matt S
10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
The paint apps on the 12" are just not as good as they should be. Paint apps are too heavy.......

crazypredator2
10-03-2010, 06:24 PM
great sculpts, super cheap paint jobs.
well really, the skin tones used, make it look like cheap paint jobs.

erolstein
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
12"

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going over 001/100_3570.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/going over 001/100_3548.jpg

some 18"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/titus37/Toys/Pinhead 2/IMG_4657.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/sychomike/reviews part 3/000_6208.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/sychomike/reviews part 6/100_0415.jpg

Alien 18"

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l173/digidozer/HPIM2711.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l173/digidozer/HPIM2712.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l173/digidozer/HPIM2704.jpg

Ok maybe the human skin tone and the small figures arent perfect, but cheap Paint Jobs overall ? Never.

In bigger scale Paint is very fine.

In other thread some people criticize the paint of the Predator 1 figure, but how can a such small figure have a perfect Paint ? Thats Impossible

quiggle
10-04-2010, 07:28 AM
did you ever lift the back of the jackets for the 12" and taken a look at the screws in the back? last time I did that and they were all all rusted, had the figure for like a week only.

Toni Plutonij
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
did you ever lift the back of the jackets for the 12" and taken a look at the screws in the back? last time I did that and they were all all rusted, had the figure for like a week only.

Checked mine, it's all OK, no rust....but even if it's rusted..so what?! What does that change?

Macularius
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't see how the likeness is better on the 12 inch; it's the exact same mold but smaller.

erolstein
10-06-2010, 04:34 AM
12" is much cleaner and looks overlall better, for example look at the eyes.

a-dev
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
What are you comparing? 12" T-800 with 7"? In that case of course the paint is slightly better on the 12", sorta stating the obvious there.

I was in a toyshop today and saw a dumpster truck that would be in perfect scale with the 7" figures for the T-800 (T1) arrival scene - unfortunately we won't get a naked Arnie from Neca so its moot.

Macularius
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
What are you comparing? 12" T-800 with 7"? In that case of course the paint is slightly better on the 12", sorta stating the obvious there.

I was in a toyshop today and saw a dumpster truck that would be in perfect scale with the 7" figures for the T-800 (T1) arrival scene - unfortunately we won't get a naked Arnie from Neca so its moot.

You could probably find a (mostly) naked 7 inch wrestler toy body to put an arnold head on, if you really wanted to replicate that scene :D

MaulFan
10-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't say likeness is any better between the big and small figures, the key to likeness is the basic forms and those are there in both scales the same, but, the larger look nicer because they have more detail. While that sounds like a duh statement, I don't feel so with NECA because they sculpt everything 12" or 18" and then shrink it, I think they 7" sculpts could be more detailed if they were just sculpted at the scale, still not as detailed as a larger size, but surely more than shrinking down a large original.

a-dev
10-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Don't give me ideas man! I spend far too much money as it is. :lol

Valfar
10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Picked these up today, they are a welcomed addition to my ever growing Terminator collection.

http://i54.tinypic.com/21jqbz6.jpg

Macularius
10-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I really wish the cyberdyne was made in a 12 inch size too, that would be really neat!

MaulFan
10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I'd get a Cyberdyne 12" just to have the mini-gun, bag and grenade bandolier for my HT figure, sure they wouldn't be as nice as HT accessories but they'd be more accurrate than bashing with parts from other figures to get those looks.

a-dev
10-10-2010, 05:13 AM
That all-plastic bandolier from the Final Battle 12" fits rather nicely on the Hot Toys figure - but as we know its specific to the steel mill scenes, no grenades left in it and orientated that the buckle is on his front shoulder. The full bandolier on the NECA Cyberdyne Showdown figure would probably work great with the HT figure if it were upscaled. In fact I'd rather have that than the one I have on order with BBTS.

MaulFan
10-10-2010, 08:37 AM
That's what I mean, even the nice BBTS custom one that's out there, it's closest to T2 out of any on the market, but it's still not right, the grenades are too small and aren't even M79 grenades as far as I can tell, and the bandolier just isn't entirely right. While a NECA one would be rubber, I think it'd still loook good and it'd be 100% accurrate in design which would be fine with me. I actually care most about a proper bandolier, I have a good grenade launcher and mini gun for my HT, but the bandolier I have currently is WAY off and while better, the custom one being sold isn't dead on either. Still have hopes for HT to make a figure.

a-dev
10-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I wonder when there'll be more news or pics from NECA. I think last we heard they were painting the new T-1000s.

MaulFan
10-10-2010, 10:59 AM
At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked if we see nothing until Toy Fair 2011, i mean it's October already, that's only 5 months away, NECA seems more focused on Predator stuff for now as a core line, and they'll probably try to work it so that more T2 and T1 products will be close together to keep sales hype going. When the T2 line started it had the buzz of Salvation's release to help it, now I think they need to keep all their Terminator stuff coming in a row to keep the interest there.

SexualTyrannosaurus
10-20-2010, 04:39 AM
I haven't read any news about Neca producing figures based on T1. What is the word on that?

Johnny Utah
10-20-2010, 04:46 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80157

stoods77
10-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi,
just thought i'd share this with you, just bought my first NECA figure, it's a T2 Arnie "battle across time" figure. i must say i'm impressed, the detail is awesome and arine with a shotgun and plasma rifle ready to kick arse.

cheers,

crazypredator2
10-27-2010, 07:39 AM
neca has great sculpts, but poor factory paint jobs,
but they are $15 to $17 figures.
imo i still think they could improve on paint, since they come with less and less accessories each series they produce.

MrAwesome
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
+1. I agree.

Macularius
10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
You realize you now need the rest of them, right? ;)

imo i still think they could improve on paint, since they come with less and less accessories each series they produce.

Not the T2 series... Or gears of war... Predators maybe but there's not a lot you can put with them unlike the wolf pred from AVPR

Darth_Fatso
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Indeed though their Bioshock series from the ones I've seen and own are pretty good paint wise.

crazypredator2
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Indeed though their Bioshock series from the ones I've seen and own are pretty good paint wise.

yes, some series are hit or miss.
like on the predators series, the berserker's paint is a miss, but the falconer predator paint looks pretty good on mine. my classic's paint is pretty good also, but neca could do better,
i still buy their predator and alien lines, bad paint or not.

DiFabio
10-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Damn, I thought pics of the T1 and T-1000 figures were in this thread.

Sachiel
10-27-2010, 06:26 PM
From something NECA said, we won't be seeing those until Toy Fair in February or later.

Seditionary
10-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I just got the steel mill figure. I have to say I'm really pleased with it. I don't really mind the paint too much because I have it displayed in a pretty dark place but it's definitely a really cool picture. Awesome likeness.

I don't suppose anyone has a Final battle Damaged head they'd want to sell though...

DiFabio
10-28-2010, 06:36 AM
You mean the fully damaged one?

ashly
10-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Hello, this is my new 12" TERMINATOR figure ! Like him , just outstanding imo, love it

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101029/5mgbe8c9.jpg

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101029/j85uraii.jpg

:panic:

I have a good paint on my, but i didnt paint this,:lol use this and you get a much healthier and better looking skintone : :wink1:

http://shibby.kaywa.com/files/images/2006/11/mob283_1163151584.jpg

Click make screenshot much bigger and you will see directly the difference

http://s10.directupload.net/images/101029/yb6m45ff.jpg

The differnce is really big imo, .You can made this with others figures too (humans), belliefe me the skintone looks much more realistic after this fix.
i now english is not so good , sry for that

when come Terminator 1 and an 12" T-1000, anybosy knows? :wink1:

Lord Freezer
10-29-2010, 09:12 AM
[SIZE="5"]Hello, this is my new 12"

when come Terminator 1 and an 12" T-1000, anybosy knows? :wink1:

no 12 " t-1000 :monkey2

Macularius
10-29-2010, 12:59 PM
no 12 " t-1000 :monkey2

As far as we know. I think a liquid metal T-1000 twelve inch would sell well.

Lord Freezer
10-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope that will make the 12 "T-1000 battle damage

MaulFan
10-29-2010, 01:55 PM
As far as we know. I think a liquid metal T-1000 twelve inch would sell well.

I agree, NECA's product type is the best medium for that look, and there's plenty of collector's building larger 12" T2 collections, I'm sure there's plenty that'd spend $30 to add the liquid metal look into the lineup, so long as it came out at least of the same quality as the 7" one.

Seditionary
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
You mean the fully damaged one?

yeah, the full on beaten up one.

bronsson
11-08-2010, 07:52 AM
http://s13.directupload.net/images/101108/cl9kb6c6.jpg

http://s5.directupload.net/images/101108/2hf6jbjz.jpg

http://s3.directupload.net/images/101108/8wdgk29j.jpg

bronsson
11-08-2010, 07:52 AM
my new 1/6 arnie, looks beatiful. Love necas work

bronsson
11-08-2010, 08:19 AM
http://s1.directupload.net/images/101108/dp3kljst.jpg

And here one picture with Light Up Eye.

So many small perfect looking details, unbelievable !I
think too much quality for 30 bucks, lol.

One of the best T2 figure ever made, spot on likeness !

The problem is Necas quality Control could be better ! I had 3 examples of this and only one (this on the Photo) have perfect looking Arnie likeness.

You need a little luck when you buy neca figures

Anyway im so happy that Neca release the T1 line next year ! :hi5:

Seditionary
11-08-2010, 08:51 AM
looks pretty mean!

bronsson
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Pretty perfect, looks exactly like Arnie in the movie.

bronsson
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=ashly;2945266]Hello, this is my new 12" TERMINATOR figure ! Like him , just outstanding imo, love it

http://www.kinoweb.de/film2001/Terminator2JudgmentDay/pix/t2-057_L.jpg

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101029/5mgbe8c9.jpg

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101029/j85uraii.jpg

Same we have here. NECA is unbeatable. :exactly:

a-dev
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Y'know it is possible to achieve the exact galleria shooting pose with the 12" figure. Looking straight ahead and aiming straight ahead.

I'm always seeing pictures where its clear that thats the pose people are going for but they don't seem to fully pull it off. Perhaps afraid of breaking the figure but it can be done.

bronsson
11-09-2010, 02:25 AM
http://s5.directupload.net/images/101109/52ixxngo.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/101109/zuf8supm.jpg

http://s5.directupload.net/images/101109/3i2teauq.jpg

http://s5.directupload.net/images/101109/zhu96qbw.jpg

bronsson
11-09-2010, 02:38 AM
http://s10.directupload.net/images/101029/yb6m45ff.jpg

Tomorrow i fix the Paint on the Face (Battle Damaged) with the Cottonstick method too, like here:
Simply trick but very effective

nicky
11-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Is there anymore news on the 12" line for T2? What about the T-1000, endo or mini-gun T800?

MaulFan
11-09-2010, 08:28 AM
I'd be surprised if we got any more 12 inch figures from NECA. I'm actually surprised we even got 2 of them.

a-dev
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Tomorrow i fix the Paint on the Face (Battle Damaged) with the Cottonstick method too, like here:
Simply trick but very effective

I'm unclear what this cottonstick trick is. What exactly is it and what does it do?

nicky
11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
I'd be surprised if we got any more 12 inch figures from NECA. I'm actually surprised we even got 2 of them.
Really? I'd be surprised if they didnt do a 12" T1000 at least to go with the T800, it would make sense to make one and no sense to not.

MaulFan
11-09-2010, 04:12 PM
From a story perspective sure, but I don't think the 12' figures are big sellers for NECA, not as successful as the 7" at least. I think if they were going to do a 12" T-1000 we'd have seen it by now or heard about it coming at least.

It's quite possible the Hot Toys line is influencing their decisions too. They control the 7" market, there's no one else putting out 7" T2 figures, but Hot Toys, even though in a much different market, is a competitive 12" product If the T-800s didn't do well and they see Hot Toys come out with a T-1000 that can look like anything NECA's figures can, they might feel it not worth trying to sell their own. The only NECA T-1000 that could sell to customers who are more focused on Hot Toys would be the liquid metal because Hot Toys isn't delivering that.

I'm glad we at least got the full BD ad a 12", in the event Hot Toys never does that, I'll at least have a 12" BD figure of some kind in my collection.