PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Matt S
06-27-2010, 05:28 PM
My favorite version of Ahnuld done in this line: Cyberdyne Showdown....really good amt of accessories- paint app off with the head, but the most complete version, IMO

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 05:34 PM
In terms of display presence, I'd rank the T-800s:

1- Cyberdyne
2- BD with full BD head
3- Steel Mill
4- Pescadero
5- Man or Machine

As far as my personal favorites, I'd rank them:

1- Full BD
2- Pescadero
3- Cyberdyne
4- Steel Mill
5- Man or Machine

Matt S
06-27-2010, 07:15 PM
As far as my personal favorites, I'd rank them:

1- Full BD
2- Pescadero
3- Cyberdyne
4- Steel Mill
5- Man or Machine

I love the 12" Pescadero, but the 7" is my least fav, just cause the glases (on mine) look terrible in that scale...the new one with glasses in wave 3 looks pretty good....just the grey shirt.

I actually love the Man or Machine one quite a bit, so its fun to see everyone's list(s)

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 08:04 PM
The thing for me with me Man or Machine and same with the HT arm, is that a lot of the coolness of that look for me comes from teh playing out of the scene, the cutting, the ripping, the flexing, it's a great gag as it plays out, but frozen into one moment, and on display, it doesn't quite have the same impact for me as other costumes and configurations. I can get some cool photos out of that look, but I can do things with photos that a figure just standing on a shelf doesn't have going for it.

I agree the glasses on Pescadero 7 inch are kind of weak, but for me personally, the all black gear T-800 is THE classic look of Terminator 2 and is my ideal sum of him out of that movie, I love my HT figure dressed that way. It only loses rank to full BD because I really like the design of the battle damage of the T2 T-800, it's just so visually interesting to me that I get more from looking at that than just Arnie in an all black biker costume.

Buttmunch
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
The thing for me with me Man or Machine and same with the HT arm, is that a lot of the coolness of that look for me comes from teh playing out of the scene, the cutting, the ripping, the flexing, it's a great gag as it plays out, but frozen into one moment, and on display, it doesn't quite have the same impact for me as other costumes and configurations. I can get some cool photos out of that look, but I can do things with photos that a figure just standing on a shelf doesn't have going for it.

I agree the glasses on Pescadero 7 inch are kind of weak, but for me personally, the all black gear T-800 is THE classic look of Terminator 2 and is my ideal sum of him out of that movie, I love my HT figure dressed that way. It only loses rank to full BD because I really like the design of the battle damage of the T2 T-800, it's just so visually interesting to me that I get more from looking at that than just Arnie in an all black biker costume.

My thoughts exactly. The arm cutting scene still gives me the creeps. But its great because that is the look they were going for I think. And I still can't figure out why they gave him a pistol instead of a knife. Heck, even HT left out a knife for theirs :duh

And I too agree the all black Terminator is the iconic Terminator look. Whenever you see a Terminator parody its the full black look from T2, not even T1. Its that iconic. In fact more people are probably familiar with T2 than T1. I know I am. I've seen T1 of course, but I can't remember how many times I watched T2 growing up. I mean I would have killed for these NECA figures back then. HT would have been above a kid's allowance of course, but I would have been in awe of them (well, I still am :lol ).

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I think part of the iconography is because of the association of black and evil, plus Darth Vader. Even though he's a good guy, he is in essence a turned villain, there's still something about his look conveying evil and badassery the seems fitting. In the all black with the sunglasses on, he looks like he means business. he's still intimidating after the shirt switch and loss of shades, but the full look he picks up from the bar just looks awesome.

MaulFan
07-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Ok, didn't think I'd get the 12" FB T-800 but for $25, I decided what the hell, this way I'm covered for that look in my 12" lineup and if HT comes around with one, I'm not going to sweat the expense. I also scored the wave 3 figures today, nice T2 day for me. I will have pictures after, just got home with them.

a-dev
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Cool, looking forward to that. My case from BBTS shipped this week, should have my first T-1000s next week. They're still not available individually on BBTS yet the T-800s from the wave are, I guess T-1000 really was shortpacked.

MaulFan
07-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm glad I could find them locally, buying a whole case or trying eBay wasn't a very good financial route, especially with the case, I don't want the T2:3D figure so it'd be wasted money.

a-dev
07-01-2010, 06:00 PM
The BBTS newsletter came in:

"T2 SERIES 3 - SET, SINGLESNECA's third series of Terminator 2 figures has arrived. This assortmentincludes two versions of the T-800 (Battle Across Time and Steel Mill) aswell as two versions of the T-1000 (Galleria and Pescadero BattleDamaged). You can pick up the set of four figures for $59.99, saving you$8 off the MSRP, or you can grab singles of the two different T-800figures, priced at $14.99 each."

So they mention that only the T-800s are available singularly but feel no need to explain why the T-1000s can't be bought on their own.

DiFabio
07-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Well, I got mine today. I bought one of each figure. I would have picked up more T-1000s but my Toys R Us only had one of each.

Very impressed and disappointed at the same time. Everything was fine until I saved the best for last.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=12041

The regular T-1000, my most anticipated figure was broken in the package. As soon as I took it out the arm popped out at the shoulder. I looked in side the joint and the pegs snapped I guess. I plan on getting more so for the time being I just put the regular hand and arms on the Pescadero body.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=12042

I was kind of pissed but it's not like I can't get my money back. So other than that I'm impressed with these 4 figures. Here's how they add up.

Galleria T-1000

Easily the best figure of the wave. If the arm didn't break I would be showing much more enthusiasm here. The paint apps are great and the sculpt is fantastic. The figure represents the character perfectly. The parts swap out smoothly and like they're supposed to. It took me a few seconds to pop out the forearms and swap them.

I have some nitpicks though. The left hand that grips the pistol is COMPLETELY useless. I don't know if its because the ball joint is too small or what but it is really, really loose. It just wobbles there. None of the other hands do that from what I tried.

The holster for the gun also feels like its going to come off the belt at any second.

Pescadero T-1000

The headsculpts are great, the damage to the torso is fantastic and those hook arms are very nice. I love the look of it and I think the regular head on that body looks better than the regular version.

NECA completely botched the nice headsculpts though. The split head, something I was really anticipating does NOT fit on the ball joint properly. It just sits there and that gap is exposed. Kind of like the initial pics on ebay. You can't press it down all the way.

One small nitpick is the "healing" reforming split head. I love the paint applications (especially those eyes) and the sculpt but that seam is really distracting. You can tell they just glued two parts together and called it a head.

Steel Mill T-800

I was really surprised with this one. Surprised that I like it. The one I picked has the perfect paint. At first I thought I'd be bothered by the right arm not extending all the way up like the Mcfarlane figure but once you get the pistol and grenade launcher in his hands with his head turned it looks good.

Absolutely no complaints. They weathered the jacket and pants even more which is a nice touch.

Battle Across Time T-800

Meh. This one feels cheap, like its a Mattel figure or something. It's a neat idea and I like the fact that the T-800 finally got his "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range" but it just feels cheap too me. The headsculpt is worse than the original Pescadero thanks to the crappy paint apps on the face and the joints just feel loose and rubbery.

Too many releases perhaps?

I don't know. It may seem like I don't like these but that's not the truth at all. The broken arm on the T-1000 was a bummer but other than that these are really good. I'm definitely going to go nuts on the T-1000 for all the different variations so the fun isn't over yet.

Great line. I think it will do well and if NECA continues I REALLY hope they make a Biker T-1000, a Steel Mill T-1000 (retooled from the Biker and Regular Galleria) and a frozen Biker T-1000 (also retooled).

Then Punk 1984 T-800 and Police Shoot Out T-800, then I'll be set. John Connor (kid and general), Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese would be nice additions.

I thought I'd follow up with the different T-1000 variations that I've acquired since this post. I'm pretty much finished other than a regular Galleria with hook arms and of course the liquid metal cop.

Here are some pics. I just shot them really quick. I'll take better pics when I have time this week. I'm really going to have fun with all these T-800 vs T-1000 scenes/moments.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12135
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12143
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12134

And so far I've only had two quality control duds, here they are. Be careful, I didn't even break these they were in the package like this.

Not even glued.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12139
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12137
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12138
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12140

a-dev
07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I didn't have any breakages on the T-800s of series 1 & 2, in-package or otherwise. And as everyone knows I bought quite a lot of them. The quality issues there were just some messy paintjobs and warped accessories. So what you have here already marks a downturn in QC as far as I'm concerned...unless you're just unlucky.

So far I've got 3 Gallerias, 3 Pescaderos and 2 liquid metals on order. I had a list of all the 'versions' I wanted to create which would have involved more purchase than I've made at the moment but I think I'll reconsider and maybe cut down a bit. I'm spending a small fortune on the HT figures.

DiFabio
07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I didn't have any breakages on the T-800s of series 1 & 2, in-package or otherwise. And as everyone knows I bought quite a lot of them. The quality issues there were just some messy paintjobs and warped accessories. So what you have here already marks a downturn in QC as far as I'm concerned...unless you're just unlucky.

Yeah the only QC issue I had with Series 1 and 2 was that Cyberdyne Showdown T-800 (the left hand) and one Endo (broken neck). Other than those two and the T-1000 I've had zero problems. I don't think the problems I had are common so I wouldn't worry. The other ones are fine. Those first two though, man were they disappointing.

Luckily those T-1000s in the group shot are excellent save for some crappy paint applications.

MaulFan
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/59.jpg

a-dev
07-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Looking at that pic I can hear the T-1000 hum theme from the soundtrack. very nice

EndoSickness
07-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I´ll definatly pass on the NECA T-1000 Variants and further T-800s too, since I´m goin´with HT from now on.
I´ll even sell my McF T-1000 and T-800 Endo, cause HT´ll make a new Endo as well and so, with 2 HT T-800s, 3 NECA T-800s (one McF T-800 with the Steel Mill damage Bonus Head from NECA), one HT T-800 Endo and one HT T-1000 and I have every look I want.

shanghei
07-02-2010, 09:19 PM
wow thats alot of t-1000's

Blank
07-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Has anyone found figure stands that work good for the Neca T2 figures? These things keep falling over.

Batfreak
07-03-2010, 11:50 AM
difabio why do you buy so many of the same figures? do you really need that many T1000's?

DiFabio
07-03-2010, 12:08 PM
difabio why do you buy so many of the same figures? do you really need that many T1000's?

"It makes me . . . happy."

tankman
07-03-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.swmmedia.com/NECA/T2/59.jpg

Look at his face look at the face. HT take some notes. Very nice pic.

tankman
07-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I thought I'd follow up with the different T-1000 variations that I've acquired since this post. I'm pretty much finished other than a regular Galleria with hook arms and of course the liquid metal cop.

Here are some pics. I just shot them really quick. I'll take better pics when I have time this week. I'm really going to have fun with all these T-800 vs T-1000 scenes/moments.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12135
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12143
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12134

And so far I've only had two quality control duds, here they are. Be careful, I didn't even break these they were in the package like this.

Not even glued.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12139
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12137
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12138
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12140

Oh man I hate seeing these things.

a-dev
07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Monday when I go to work I hopefully should find my first Neca T-1000s. I think I'll bring one or two of my T-800s to work that day.

MaulFan
07-03-2010, 06:43 PM

Well, while HT's isn't perfect, I wouldn't look to the NECA for notes, it's pretty good but I think there's room for improvement here too.

a-dev
07-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes I do continue to feel that the Neca T-1000 is a bit long in the middle of the face.

Its a reversal of the Neca T-800/ HT T-800 scenario. Neca have the dimensions of Arnies face right while HT went a bit short in the middle of the face, leaving things a smidge scrunched.

But for the T-1000 I think HT have the dimensions down better in my unprofessional opinion. He's still a bit off despite this but we may be seeing that fixed. HT fixes are usually good fixes.

Dimensional flaws aside I think both HT on their T-800 and Neca on their T-1000 have done a pretty good job where the pros outweigh the cons.

MaulFan
07-03-2010, 06:55 PM
NECA's sculpt isn't terrible, I just wouldn't use a flawed sculpt as example to improve another flawed sculpt, you'd just trade one set of issues for another. The NECA sculpt resembles Patrick, it's not as good a likeness as the T-800, but it's close enough you don't feel like they didn't have rights to do his likeness. I think what bothers me with the NECA head is the squint of his eys and his lip area sort of makes it look like he at something sour and he's regretting it.

HottoyzJoker
07-04-2010, 01:28 AM

HT dont take notes... Yours already so much better... Really now where putting NECA up aganist HT??? I thought those folks where crazy that thought Toybiz did a better Blade then HT...

Too each his own I guess...

:dunno

Voorhees27
07-04-2010, 07:26 AM
NECA put out a very nice T-1000 but HT's will deliver the masterpiece. What HT's prototype isn't tweaked when needed? Its the main reason they post prototypes here ................. Sarah Connor? Marcus? Vito? Etc.

A.L.I.E.N
07-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Monday when I go to work I hopefully should find my first Neca T-1000s. I think I'll bring one or two of my T-800s to work that day.

It'll even the odds if a fight kicks off :yess:

MaulFan
07-04-2010, 08:26 AM
HT dont take notes... Yours already so much better... Really now where putting NECA up aganist HT??? I thought those folks where crazy that thought Toybiz did a better Blade then HT...

Too each his own I guess...

:dunno

A sculpt's a sculpt, manufacturer and price range of the product doesn't nevessarily mean that a "lower end" piece couldn't do a better job of achieving a likeness than a "higher end".

While Hot Toys' paint apps and refinements to their sculpts make them overall look nicer than anything NECA turns out, the underlying forms are crucial and I don't think there's anyything wrong with comparing the two as far as who got those base features more accurrate.

However, in the case of T-1000, neither got them dead on right, though I would give the upper hand to Hot Toys in this instance, the overall portrait looks closer to the mark than NECA's, but like I've said, they're both off.

a-dev
07-04-2010, 08:32 AM
A sculpt's a sculpt, manufacturer and price range of the product doesn't nevessarily mean that a "lower end" piece couldn't do a better job of achieving a likeness than a "higher end".

While Hot Toys' paint apps and refinements to their sculpts make them overall look nicer than anything NECA turns out, the underlying forms are crucial and I don't think there's anyything wrong with comparing the two as far as who got those base features more accurrate.

This is a point that is generally lost on people on this forum, perhaps understandably, it is afterall primarily a forum for discussing high end stuff and the Neca threads are just permitted to be here. However I think the point is objectively valid.

Platty
07-04-2010, 08:34 AM

While Hot Toys' paint apps and refinements to their sculpts make them overall look nicer than anything NECA turns out, the underlying forms are crucial and I don't think there's anyything wrong with comparing the two as far as who got those base features more accurrate. You've put that beautifully. The majority of the discussion between the Neca T-800 and the Hot Toys version went like that i'd like to think. Just ruined by the trolling and know-it-alls who couldn't be budged on their opinion.

but like I've said, they're both off.
Slightly. I'd say the Hot Toys is more off than the Neca. However the overall quality of the sculpt with the texture and paint etc compensates for this, which is usually the case with Hot Toys. It's not like I don't like the sculpt or anything, I think it's brilliant but comparing it to the Neca version in a rational manner, which should be fine to do, i'd say it's the more off of the two.

MaulFan
07-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Well, the thing I see continually happen in these discussions is the people that are comparing NECA to say Hot Toys, are looking at it from a very basic, features level. The people bothered by such a comparison are comparing the overall, to which I'd agree, there is no comparison, the paint apps are infinitely better and the sculpts are polished and cleaned up to a more presentable level. The trouble is, the people looking at it that way don't understand the ones making the comparisons see that and wouldn't argue that, they perceive that the pro NECA comments are saying the finished product looks better, and I don't think anyone making pro NECA headsculpt comments has felt that way, just that the basic shapes of the face were better, and there is legitimately room for that comparison.

NECA sculpts are essentially like a Hot Toys sculpt would be before it gets all the rought textures smoothed out and the skin texture added, at some point, to get the final product, a Hot Toys sculpt has to look roughly like a NECA one, you can't get to the end result without reaching that point along the way.

MaulFan
07-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Slightly. I'd say the Hot Toys is more off than the Neca. However the overall quality of the sculpt with the texture and paint etc compensates for this, which is usually the case with Hot Toys. It's not like I don't like the sculpt or anything, I think it's brilliant but comparing it to the Neca version in a rational manner, which should be fine to do, i'd say it's the more off of the two.

The way I see it, the Patrick resemblance on the HT head is a bit off, but the proportions look great and the overall shapes look about right. With the NECA sculpt, the Patrick resemblance looks more there, but it's like all the features are misproportioned with each other and streched out and things and it looks a little silly. My main thought on this though, the NECA sculpt is not a reference point that Hot Toys should tweak their sculpt from, I'd actually have them take notes from the two Sideshow 1/6 portraits before the NECA one.

One interesting thing, watching T2 last night, Hot Toys, though maybe a bit too dark, is the only company to paint his hair a dark brown or black shade, Sideshow, NECA, they all go lighter. I'm going to repaint my NECA figures, I already have once because my clean head wasn't fully painted.

Voorhees27
07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
You've put that beautifully. The majority of the discussion between the Neca T-800 and the Hot Toys version went like that i'd like to think. Just ruined by the trolling and know-it-alls who couldn't be budged on their opinion.

What you see is what you get and the NECA sculpt is not better. Its rough, the paint apps look similar to "Toys R Us" quality. It is what it is. It doesn't mean that NECA's attempt is lowsy .......... some of you see something I don't. I don't see great likeness because of these faults. Sorry. Comparing apples to oranges again.

Platty
07-04-2010, 09:12 AM
What you see is what you get and the NECA sculpt is not better. Its rough, the paint apps look similar to "Toys R Us" quality. It is what it is. It doesn't mean that NECA's attempt is lowsy .......... some of you see something I don't. I don't see great likeness because of these faults. Sorry. Comparing apples to oranges again.
You're comparing end results though. In hand, after everything is said and done, HT beat Neca probabaly every time. So you're right in saying the HT is better taking everything into account. But try to look past the paint and texturing and overall finish of the sculpt. Look for the pure likeness without all that added to the mix.

What we are getting at is, getting rid of paint, texture and all the little refinements, which one captures the likeness better? We're not saying what's better overall, we're saying, as an initial sculpt, which has the character down more.

Well I am anyways :lol

And in this case, so far, I think it's neca. I'm only bothering to say that as we all know HT is going to change their sculpt. Otherwise i'd remain zipped! :lol

MaulFan
07-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Here's a good way to sum up what the people who argue NECA getting headsculpts better are driving at.

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/Batman%20Bruce%20Wayne%20head.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/tinngsmile/BruceWayne01.jpg

Here's a Hot Toys head and Medicom repaint, works good because it makes both heads nice paint jobs, now, both heads are meant to represent Christian Bale, but one does that better than the other. Paint apps and polishing aside, the basic features, nose, shape of eyes, cheek bones, etc. must be sculpted correctly in order for the likeness to be there. Using T-800 for example, suppose the Hot Toys head was devoid of Arnie's signature cheek bones, but NECA had them, no matter how polished and nice the HT head came out, it'd still look less like Arnold. That's what people are getting at, some people feel that NECA has gotten some of those base details more correct than Hot Toys.

While some people care more about the overall finished, refined product that ships in the box, and I get why they'd think a NECA-HT comparison would be silly from that point of view, those people should understand the perspective the comparing people are looking at things from and not dismiss them as making silly, rediculous comments.

If the end goal is a portrait capturing the actor's likeness as best as possible, then a person will look for those basic details to be correct and not care how polished and refined the final head is, if it's off, it's off.

a-dev
07-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Its a sound argument. And then you have a certain banned person coming in and ruining it with trolling posts so that in the end ALL neca fans get tarred by the same brush regardless of what good arguments have been made.

Voorhees27
07-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a consumer and I will be buying the final product in packaging. I will not seek a custom artist to repaint my items for better likeness. Having said that I base all of my comments towards the final product, in hand.

The NECA T-1000 is final, HT's is not. Thats what I find argumental and labelling it apples to oranges. I like the NECA T-1000's for what they are. I will also get both of them because they look good enough, i'm a big fan of the T-1000 and for the price, why not?

I'm not even comparing the two because I still believe there is no comparison. Everything comes down to first glance, kinda like a first impression. I guess if we were comparing say a 12" T-1000 it'd make more sense. Even if NECA has scored in some parts of his likeness they still lose the overall likeness with their overall lowend quality.

Its a fair/good likeness and again nice enough for me to buy but i'm not gonna bother comparing likenesses when HT's isn't even final. Maybe it'd be more appropriate comparing when HT's version releases?

Btw that Medi Bale/Wayne repaint looks amazing! In the case of the NECA T-1000 it would require alot more than just a repaint. Their sculpts almost look like "Hero Heads" sculpts where they usually require sanding before painting.

Again for 7" figures they're very fun and decent for the price.

vodoun
07-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm a consumer and I will be buying the final product in packaging. I will not seek a custom artist to repaint my items for better likeness.

I don't know what's worse, it being too damn expensive or if and when you get it back. Too many scary stories on this board for my liking when it comes to customs. I'm not tarring the good painters that have a perfect good business out there and the some thats on this board but there's far too many bad that outweigh the good.

necronomic
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
The NON-HUMAN characters from NECA are often near on perfection, but the skin-color of the HUMAN-CHARACTERS are always mediocre, this is NECAS biggest weakness.

Anyway scuplt is very good, T1000 is instantly recognizable and this is the most important point, but as i said NECA should working on the skin-colour.

Buttmunch
07-04-2010, 05:25 PM
So CTR is reporting the Liquid Metal T-1000 is limited to 1,000 pieces! Yikes! I'll have to make sure I hit them ASAP at the con!

DiFabio
07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Damn I wish I could go to the con to pick it up. Probably going to have to resort to ebay.

a-dev
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I ordered mine at Forbiddenplanet.com :confused:

Buttmunch
07-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Just pray it goes through, but with an edition size of 1,000 I wouldn't count on it. Unless NECA sets up something for interntional dealers, they still got to get their stock like everyone else at the con.

Just when I thought I was done worring about SDCC T-1000s :lol

DiFabio
07-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I ordered mine at Forbiddenplanet.com :confused:

I saw that. That's not a really good option for me because I don't live in the UK or Europe. For you though that's great because you're in Ireland. It's going to be hard but I want to try to get two for the regular 20 dollar price each.

I really don't want to preorder, especially those ones that keep popping up on ebay.

a-dev
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
To be honest if it doesn't go through I think I can live with that. Its just a Galleria figure painted (hopefully) chrome. Its nice and I'd like to have it for the T2 completist in me but it wouldn't be the same outrage I would have felt had I not been able to get the Hot Toys T-Sarah.

If I can't get it I may attempt a chrome spraypaint job on a spare Galleria T-1000...although that sort of thing has not been successful for me in the past.

Macularius
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Got 2 galleria versions yesterday! Fantastic work, NECA ;)

a-dev
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Got my first set of series 3 today. Just to add my thoughts as you other guys have done now that I finally have the figures in hand. Some pleasant surprise and some not so pleasant surprise.

First the bad - messy paintjobs and on the one that I really didn't want bad paint, the Galleria. Secondly one of the hook arms on my Pescadero is threatening to break off at the elbow and thirdly I don't like the way the healing head is not all-one piece. The left side is seperate and glued on which looks a bit crap.

My Galleria T-1000 has dodgy hairline paintwork, an out of place glossy patch in the hair, a spot of paint above his eyebrow, a dot of scratched off paint beside the eyebrow, his eyeliner paint encroaches into the white of his left eye and theres a whitish paint in his nostril like hes been snorting coke. Just not happy with that on my very first T-1000. I hope the ones I get later will be better. The steel mill T-800 has problems in the paint department too...well its not that bad really but theres a line of extra thick skin paint on his cheek which makes it look like hes got a scar there - only really noticeable if the light catches it and it casts a shadow. Also the eyes look even more cartoony that series 1 and 2. This pains me because the eyes are excellent on the Arnie Conan figure I have from NECA. I'd rather that situation be reversed. Well at least they are looking off to the side as was intended and he hasn't got one eye looking one way and the other eye looking another way. My Steel mill also has the oddity of his upper left thigh and crotch being glossy while the rest of his legs are weathered.

At a distance they're fine but close up things get ugly.

But onto the good - the sculpts are great, we knew they were. I've already said what I think is off on the Galleria T-1000 head so I won't go on about it again but it definitely captures the essence of the T-1000. The general shape, the ears, the hair, the clenched jaw look and the intense 'target sighted' face are present and correct. I also really love the body sculpt. Its a dead-on capture not just of T-1000s build but also his walk. And as you'd expect the clothing is all very detailed and realistic looking. Another plus is the articulation. No more or less than you need for this character IMO, and hidden as well as could be expected.

The Pescadero T-1000 is the same figure but with those bullet hits seamlessly applied on. I thought they were part of the torso sculpt but it seems NECA were able to just recycle here too - I'm not complaining, it works. Though they did miss the fact that there should be corresponding exit wounds on his back. Not a disaster.
The split head is really cool and the paint is decent on mine. It can fit the balljoint properly you just have to force it down. Its great to add this unique battledamage look to the collection, one hopes there'll be more to finish them all out.

The steel mill figure is great for those who were not bothered customising this version out of the previous figures. I did but I bought this one anyway and I don't regret it (well it was part of the case from BBTS). For once the grenade launcher wasn't warped out of shape and the pistol is nice. I've transferred his sideways-looking head to the McFarlane MM4 as was always my intention as that figure better represents that pose.

The nice surprise for me believe it or not is the T2 Battle across time figure. I managed to get a decent paintjob on him, I think the skin paint is on thicker which mutes some of the lines on Arnie's face which I think were overemphasised a bit on the other T-800s. Although it does make him look more like T1 Arnie somehow. His face looks meaner. Anyway this figure is the least necessary of series 3 but he does look really cool with the plasma rifle and shotgun. And here again, for once I got a plasma rifle that isn't warped in some way. Everythings perfectly straight and badass about this gun. I wouldn't call him an essential purchase but if you have the cash to spare just get him.

I'll see about posting pics later.

DiFabio
07-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Nice you got them. Great review.

I agree with everything you said. The sloppy paint applications, the healing split head and just about everything else. I just realized after reading your post that my Battle Across time T-800 has the perfect Plasma Rifle. All the ones from my previous Exoskeletons were warped beyond repair.

And yeah with a little bit of work you can get the split head down on the ball joint. Though my first one would NOT go on because the neck and hole were warped. The second one went down fine with a little work.

a-dev
07-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I just realized after reading your post that my Battle Across time T-800 has the perfect Plasma Rifle. All the ones from my previous Exoskeletons were warped beyond repair.

Yeah exactly, me too. The main gun barrell of at least one of my plasma rifles that came with the endoskeletons is bent downwards and to the side like it has peyronies disease! And the other one was missing the lower barrell, whatever that is. Bent accessories was a big problem with series 1 and 2. Too early for me to say if the same is true of series 3.

As for the paintjobs, I suppose we should be used to them being this way. I know I got used to the particular paint oddities of all my T-800s while fixing what I could. I may have to relearn how to get used to bad paint for series 3 but certainly I hope for better than what I have on my next few T-1000s.

MaulFan
07-05-2010, 01:52 PM
One thing that I was impressed with in paint was the wera and tear on the Steel Mill T-800, it actually hurts the Final Battle figure as clean as that one looks in comparison, too bad.

a-dev
07-05-2010, 02:00 PM
You're right mine also has good weathering except that upper left thigh and crotch where it managed to be completely missed.

MaulFan
07-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Mine's all even. I'm glad the semi BD head came with the Final Battle, I don't like the Steel mill head much, posed eyes and the blood is very heavy, it's better suited for a SWAT figure.

DiFabio
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I like those eyes it gives the figure so much character. It would be perfect if they didn't look so cartoony.

The amount of battle damage and blood doesn't bother me the fact that the blood is a matte pink throughout the body does. It isn't as nice as the layered Final Battle paint job with the darker red blood. The skin tones on wave 3 are also not as good as the previous waves. I can't describe it, it's like they're plain and fake looking or something. The Man or Machine and Battle Across time are the best examples of this.

MaulFan
07-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Well that's NECA paint variability for you, because my FB and Steel Mill are essentially the same as far as the blood apps.

I don't mind the posed eyes, except they're not in the direction I want, but I've got the other semi-BD head so I'm good.

Platty
07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd happily touch up your Galleria T-1000 A-dev. Couldn't do the eyes but I could get rid of some of the other stuff, i'd like to think. I did it on all my T-800's!

a-dev
07-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I would take you up on that but I worry about sending small items in the post, the kind of thing that could get lost easily. And they'd be travelling both ways, an extra opportunity for them to disappear. Its one thing sending a few accessories but risking my T-1000s losing their heads. That'd be very unbecoming of Robert Patrick in T2...well least until he starts being dissolved in a vat of molten steel.

My problem with touch up painting is getting a skin colour or not finding a small enough brush and creating new mess.

How do you do yours?

Platty
07-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Padded envelope should be sound. Not worth losing them though as you say. Hard to explain really. I'll PM you!

a-dev
07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I thought NECA were gonna announce T1 at SDCC but now Randy is hinting at something to do with T2's 20th anniversary.

Announcements pertaining to both would be fantastic - much as I want T1 I'd like them to finish out T2 because if they don't theres a big chance they wouldn't go back to it in the future.

So lets speculate on what T2 20th anniversary goodies we might see.

Perhaps they'd use the anniversary as a one-off excuse to make figures they otherwise wouldn't - Sarah Connor and young John Connor! Remaining versions of the T-1000s seem like a no brainer and with it being an anniversary I presume we'd see the T-800 again - but what? More recycling or perhaps some kind of boxset?

snoop101
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Announcements pertaining to both would be fantastic - much as I want T1 I'd like them to finish out T2 because if they don't theres a big chance they wouldn't go back to it in the future.

So lets speculate on what T2 20th anniversary goodies we might see.

Perhaps they'd use the anniversary as a one-off excuse to make figures they otherwise wouldn't - Sarah Connor and young John Connor! Remaining versions of the T-1000s seem like a no brainer and with it being an anniversary I presume we'd see the T-800 again - but what? More recycling or perhaps some kind of boxset?

A box set would be cool, with a detailed base.

a-dev
07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
A box set would be cool, with a detailed base.

and detailed files too, don't forget those.

But yeah I'd take any boxset really but what I've always had in mind is things like the Hasta la vista scene with frozen T-1000, T-800 punching through T-1000s head and T-800 with his arm stuck in the giant gears from the steel mill. Things that can't be represented by any single figure release.

T-800 on Harley and T-1000 on police bike aswell but extra licensing issues would probably make these unlikely.

DiFabio
07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
and detailed files too, don't forget those.

But yeah I'd take any boxset really but what I've always had in mind is things like the Hasta la vista scene with frozen T-1000, T-800 punching through T-1000s head and T-800 with his arm stuck in the giant gears from the steel mill. Things that can't be represented by any single figure release.

T-800 on Harley and T-1000 on police bike aswell but extra licensing issues would probably make these unlikely.

I've thought about this before. Similar to the Mcfarlane dioramas/scenes.

How about T-1000 going through the bars at Pescadero with the T-800, John and Sarah looking on?

a-dev
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd buy it. I was actually thinking earlier on while looking at the Galleria figure, that figure is perfect for that moment after he walks through the bars to the other side and gets his gun caught in them. If only I actually had a pescadero corridor display with those bars.

Buttmunch
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I'd buy it. I was actually thinking earlier on while looking at the Galleria figure, that figure is perfect for that moment after he walks through the bars to the other side and gets his gun caught in them. If only I actually had a pescadero corridor display with those bars.

You know, the second Hannibal Lecter NECA released had the steel bars from his cell. Those could be used for a great shot of the Pescadero hallway! :hi5:

Coorectghosting
07-05-2010, 09:55 PM
i want a couple of Sarah Connors, T1000 biker, frosty damaged version and after that i'd eat up anything from T1.

DiFabio
07-05-2010, 09:56 PM
You know, the second Hannibal Lecter NECA released had the steel bars from his cell. Those could be used for a great shot of the Pescadero hallway! :hi5:

Yeah,

http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/79/79452/hannibal_lecter_cult_classics_7_action_figure-01.jpg

I'm sure that tray of food is attached to the floor though.

Buttmunch
07-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, it is, but if you are just going to use the same base there, you would need to work on it a bit anyway.

ludwing
07-06-2010, 02:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the hannibal lecter figure. The food is sculpted to the floor, but the corner piece of jail is not (the two pieces connects to each other,and then to the floor with some pegs), so i guess it's not difficult to make a cool diorama. By the way, maybe some customization could easily turn hannibal "the cannibal" into one of Pescadero's guards (even Doug) so that the t800 can kick his ass.

About the future of terminator line, i think some kind of box-set is possible. I have been collecting NECA stuff for a long time and one of the best things they've done are diorama-like figures, for example,"the rooftop battle" from The Crow, or "the night he came home" Halloween box set with Sam Loomis and Michael Myers featuring the front door of Myer's house.Man, that set is sooo cool.. the "hasta la vista" scene is the most iconic option, so i would go for these. Also,it's a cool way to give us a motorcycle version of the T-1000. However, to be totally accurate, they should sculpt new legs in a hunched position for the t-800. Regarding T1, i think figures are still coming..

Johnny Utah
07-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Randy said there'll be an announcement at SDCC regarding NECA's 2011 plans for Terminator. I'm just happy they're catering to the fans 3 years in a row.

Matt S
07-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Randy said there'll be an announcement at SDCC regarding NECA's 2011 plans for Terminator. I'm just happy they're catering to the fans 3 years in a row.

Cool - hope we get figs other than the same T2 arnie

necronomic
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah,

http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/79/79452/hannibal_lecter_cult_classics_7_action_figure-01.jpg

This figure is outstanding and here we have a much better SKIN-COLOUR

Idpullthecurtains
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Awesome news.
I would love a Sarah and John. But I will be happy with anything new.

DiFabio
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I expect another variation of the T-800. They can't go another wave without one of those. :lol

My guess it would probably be the Cyberdyne SWAT shootout T-800 with clean gloved hands and without damage to the knee. Basically the Steel Mill version without the extra battle damage. I'm sure they'd make it so they could throw in the tear gas launcher and the pistol to make it different enough.

That's one easy kitbash. As far as new figures go I'd atleast like to see a Biker/Motorcycle Cop T-1000 with the boots, helmet, sunglasses and machine gun. That's really the only T-1000 variation that we need to complete all the looks. We have the Galleria, we have pescadero and then the Mcfarlane Steel Mill with both looks (I don't think NECA needs to make a Pretzel man figure, the Mcfarlane one is fine).

I know I wouldn't be the only one to get multiple Motorcycle Cops for the legs so I could swap it out with the regular galleria torso and have an improved "Steel Mill" T-1000. The more I think about it though I don't see NECA making ONE unique T-1000 and not milking the mold with kitbashes. So I'd fully expect a "frozen" Motorcycle Cop, similar to the upcoming SDCC Liquid Metal T-1000 and a kitbashed "Steel Mill" T-1000 with the bottom Motorcycle legs/boots and the top Galleria torso with regular and new alternate doughnut hole head.

This would be the ideal T2 Wave 4 for me thinking realistically (I'd love Pescadero Sarah and young John Connor but what are the chances of NECA making them?),

Cyberdyne Battle Damage T-800

- Tear gas greanade launcher
- pistol
- normal legs
- normal gloved hands

NEW Biker/Motorcycle Cop T-1000

- Arm blade
- sunglasses and helmet headsculpt
- MP5K machine gun

Steel Mill T-1000

- Regular Galleria Head and torso
- bottom Motorcycle Cop half
- alternate Doughnut head
- alternate hands

Liquid Metal OR Frozen Motorcycle Cop T-1000

- Bluish white or all silver
- arm blade
- Machine gun
- Alternate hands

As far as John and Sarah goes I don't see how they'd do it. Look at the T-1000, both of those figures are packed 1 per case. NECA doesn't seem to have much confidence in any other character besides the T-800. It would be nice if John and Sarah were a boxed set or an exclusive or something.

Then after T2 is all finished up I'd love figures from The Terminator. I can just picture how that line would look.

Punk T-800

- Regular head with unburned hair and eyebrows
- .45 Longslide
- Uzi 9mm

Police Station Shootout T-800

- Sunglasses head
- Alternate damaged eye head
- SPAS-12
- AR-18

Kyle Reese

- Pistol
- Sawed off Shot gun

Coorectghosting
07-06-2010, 01:29 PM
plus Kyle Reese in his future soldier uniform.

ludwing
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Do you really see another t800 version coming? the swat version seems too much for me, easily customizable. However, the t1000 variants are a must! maybe they trust more on t1000 now that he's doing so good in series 3.

DiFabio
07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Do you really see another t800 version coming? the swat version seems too much for me, easily customizable. However, the t1000 variants are a must! maybe they trust more on t1000 now that he's doing so good in series 3.

Yeah, definitely. ALL of them are easily customizable. I could have had the Battle across time variation months ago. The Steel Mill would have been simple too. Take the final battle arm off, put on the regular one, give it the grenade launcher and pistol from Man or Machine and viola, instant Steel Mill. I could make the cyberdyne one right now. Swap out the hands and torso and put them on a different pair of legs.

If there's another wave I know they'd do it. How could they pass it up? It would be goofy and redundant, I agree but I don't see them missing the opportunity for another variation with a "new" accessory.

These current Wave 3 T-800s aren't selling very well though so who knows. :monkey3

plus Kyle Reese in his future soldier uniform.

Yeah and they could make another version with that same body but with a different head for a regular future soldier grunt. Then hell, make an adult John Connor with a pistol and binoculars and we're all set.

Horror_Chase
07-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Hopefully we can get a T-1 Arnie. :D

ludwing
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah,i guess you're right DiFabio. However,i find something strange,NECA missed the chance of making another variation: what about "Galleria Mall" t800? the actual "Pescadero escape" fits better with how he looked like in the Galleria Mall. In the hospital,he didn't have his glasses when fighting the t-1000. What i mean is they could have made:

Galleria mall T-800
Head with sunglasses
Rose box
Relaxed right hand to hold the box properly
winchester shotgun

Pescadero escape T-800
Head without sunglasses
winchester shotgun
45. handgun tucked in his pants (i think this is a cool add to the figure)
maybe alternate extended right hand to recreate the "come with me if you want to live" scene? that would be cool

What do you think guys? i think i would have bought this version rather than the "man or machine" one

shanghei
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah,

I bought that figure just for the jail cell for my dark knight joker, and yes the food is atttached to floor but I was able to remove it.

necronomic
07-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Review of the T-1000 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6Y6kV-M0k&feature=related

best scenes after 5;00 minuts.

Very cool and im happy too see finally the real product on a video with a good quality.

necronomic
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Im in the movie now ? The likeness is:yess::clap

http://s1.directupload.net/images/100707/ja566s3q.jpg

http://s5.directupload.net/images/100707/rxcvkrsz.jpg

http://s10.directupload.net/images/100707/to2mge7n.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/100707/q5noxit2.jpg

:exactly:

Valfar
07-06-2010, 07:02 PM
His jaw looks kind of brucked but, i must go get this figure this week if my LCS has it in.

necronomic
07-06-2010, 07:10 PM
http://s1.directupload.net/images/100707/f7zy766o.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/100707/lzijxlbx.jpg

http://s10.directupload.net/images/100707/8z5k74k7.jpg

http://s5.directupload.net/images/100707/o3s6hppn.jpg

http://s5.directupload.net/images/100707/p3ucwvdp.jpg

DiFabio
07-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Okay necronomic you need to stop. You posted the link, that's cool I watched it. Thanks. Then you made a double post with a screen cap from that VERY video. Then you edited with a dozen more. Now you're posting another one. We get it.

I like this figure too but you really need to take it down a notch and stop spamming this thread.

necronomic
07-06-2010, 07:18 PM
:rotfl

In the HOT TOYS thread i see 1000000x Photos of the same pictures , so there is no reason to cry :monkey2

:clap

a-dev
07-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Would the americans of the forum be very pi$$ed off with me if I said that I find your pronunciation of the word 'figure' a little bit annoying? Every video I see with an american reviewer you say "Fee-gyer"! Just some wierd overemphasis going on there.

"So what the hell do you say it like?" - I thought you'd ask. Just "fig-er".

Heck maybe you have it right but...I'm sticking to my way.

Valfar
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Would the americans of the forum be very pi$$ed off with me if I said that I find your pronunciation of the word 'figure' a little bit annoying? Every video I see with an american reviewer you say "Fee-gyer"! Just some wierd overemphasis going on there.

i say it exactly this way by.

http://www.ukhotmovies.com/reviews/snatch/brad-pitt-dvd-uk.jpg

Eh by!, ya like dags?.

DiFabio
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM

This offends me a-dev! I'm an American and I don't pronounce it FEE-GYER.

I pronounce it FIG-MA!

vodoun
07-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Okay necronomic you need to stop. You posted the link, that's cool I watched it. Thanks. Then you made a double post with a screen cap from that VERY video. Then you edited with a dozen more. Now you're posting another one. We get it.

I like this figure too but you really need to take it down a notch and stop spamming this thread.

Alt+prnt screen is a wonderful thing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardlee/4685130460/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardlee/4724347794/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardlee/4721505726/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardlee/4687542393/

necronomic
07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Great Photos !

Morbach
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Looks great.

necronomic
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Neca now its time for T1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRhLxSp910&feature=related

I love this it looks fantastic with sunglasses, without the likeness is a little off.
Same sculpt in a 18" inch scale, a dream ! Think about it NECA !

A bestseller is guaranteed.

Macularius
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Neca now its time for T1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRhLxSp910&feature=related

I love this it looks fantastic with sunglasses, without the likeness is a little off.
Same sculpt in a 18" inch scale, a dream ! Think about it NECA !

A bestseller is guaranteed.

They'd be better off in a 7 inch and 12 inch scale first. The pescadero version they rushed into a twelve inch size and that one apparently didn't sell well.

necronomic
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
They'd be better off in a 7 inch and 12 inch scale first. The pescadero version they rushed into a twelve inch size and that one apparently didn't sell well.

doesnt surprise me, they lose many buyers with 12" !
The size is unpopular in Europa and the rest of the World, that was a big error.

The second thing is, NECA produced very few 12" figures in the past but many 18"... and 18" owners doesnt need and want small figures.

Voorhees27
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I finally got these today (T-1000's and one Arnie) they're pretty cool figures. The eye paint sucks but for $20 a piece its no big deal. Overall i'm pretty happy with the overall quality and likeness for a 7" figure/toy.

Macularius
07-16-2010, 09:54 PM
doesnt surprise me, they lose many buyers with 12" !
The size is unpopular in Europa and the rest of the World, that was a big error.

The second thing is, NECA produced very few 12" figures in the past but many 18"... and 18" owners doesnt need and want small figures.

I wouldn't say that the size is necessarily unpopular - but they chose one of the most BORING figures to make in a twelve inch size. It's only arnold with a shotgun. Now, if they released the Cyberdyne Showdown arnold in 12 inches or even a regular endoskeleton in 12 inches I'm sure they would have both sold awesomely.

On another note, does anybody know how to customize the legs of the 7 inch T-800 figure by neca? The leg pistons on mine ewon't allow the legs to rotate forward.

MaulFan
07-17-2010, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't say that the size is necessarily unpopular - but they chose one of the most BORING figures to make in a twelve inch size. It's only arnold with a shotgun. Now, if they released the Cyberdyne Showdown arnold in 12 inches or even a regular endoskeleton in 12 inches I'm sure they would have both sold awesomely.

Agreed, but they did also do the final battle with light up eye too.

reemixx
07-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Just read through the entirety of this thread (whew!).

I've been contemplating one of the 12" T-800 figures lately, but can't decide which one. They both look fantastic, but the problem I have is the lack of other 12" figures of different characters in this line. If there are going to be others (and it seems no-one's sure either way), I'd want the Pescadero version. He'd look sweet hanging out with a 12" Sarah Connor. But, by himself, or even with a T-1000, the Final Battle version is much more interesting.

It'd be a real shame if NECA decided against any further 12" figures for T2, and I guess that's what makes me hesitant to buy. I'd rather these over the HT ones any day (quality vs price is outstanding), but if we never get a T-1000 or a Sarah Connor (and I'm not hopeful), how would the 12" Arnie look hanging out with, say, the HT Sarah Connor? How's the height/size comparison? Anyone happen to have a pic?

Also looking at the 18" Endo. The detail is great, but that paint work... I know he's made of plastic, but he shouldn't LOOK that way. How's he look in real life / up close? Seen pics and videos but it's always hard to tell.

Jay1138
07-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Hopefully NECA has a John and Sarah in the works too. Would be sweet to see a Dlx T-800 w/ motorcycle from T2.

MaulFan
07-17-2010, 07:56 AM
You're not going to see a Harley from NECA, it'd require a new T-800 sculpt to be able to ride it, or it'd just be a prop and all he could do is stand by it, and there probably won't be enough of a market for that. Same with Sarah and John, they're highly unlikely, we'll see a Biker T-1000 before them and even that seems unlikely.

Buttmunch
07-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Liquid Metal T-1000 looks fantastic! Can't wait to pick him up Wednesday (hopefully)!

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/10998-necas-sdcc-exclusive-t-1000-liquid-metal.html

Voorhees27
07-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Liquid Metal T-1000 looks fantastic! Can't wait to pick him up Wednesday (hopefully)!

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/10998-necas-sdcc-exclusive-t-1000-liquid-metal.html

Neato! I must have this.

MaulFan
07-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Me neither ;)

JacktheRipper
07-18-2010, 08:18 PM
You're not going to see a Harley from NECA, it'd require a new T-800 sculpt to be able to ride it, or it'd just be a prop and all he could do is stand by it, and there probably won't be enough of a market for that. Same with Sarah and John, they're highly unlikely, we'll see a Biker T-1000 before them and even that seems unlikely.

I agree, unlike a 1/6 Harley which I believe would have sold well Neca making a Harley for their 6" figure would not fair so well. And, there are plenty out their that you could get for under $20.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2s8o0wp.jpg

Buttmunch
07-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Me neither ;)

Of course :D

Series600
07-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Even without box sets with motorcycles, NECA could still put out some really cool 6 inch scale box sets. I for one would love to have the "Hasta La Vista, Baby" scene. Frozen T-1000 kneeling with broken off feet, legs, and hand fixed to the base, T-800 kneeling with pistol pointed, middle of the base able to extend apart to provide realistic distance between the two, and a vat of molten steel in the background. You know a set like that would be a best seller.

MaulFan
07-19-2010, 03:40 AM
Unfortunately, NECA's very much about recycling parts, especially in this T2 line, there's not one 100% unique figure, every T-800 and every T-1000 reuses as many parts from the other figures as possible. Something like the frozen T-1000 would be so unique, they're unlikely to do it, hell, we probably won't even get a biker version of him at all. NECA seems to believe in Arnie's selling power but not even T-1000s, so we get 6 T-800 figures and only 3 T-1000s, and one of those is a limited Con exclusive, so only 2 in a store.

Matt S
07-19-2010, 08:58 AM
I suspect the regular T1000 are more rare than that con exclusive....in my area, I see it once....

Bezzerkerr
07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
I am very impressed with the T-1000's versatility.

The the eblow joint and forearm is switch-out so you can mix and match a battle damaged torso with a regular torso...and match the regular arms with the metal arms and DAmaged head(s) with regular head...GREAT IDEA.

I already snapped one shoulder joint by the T-1000. it was standing up, fell over and the shoulder broke :( I returned it at my TRU and got a brand new figure, this one i'm actually leaving in the package. I was suprised i have shoe boxes full of NECA figures and i NEVER had a shoulder joint break in two...the plastic seems like it's getting cheaper and cheaper.

Overall a WONDERFUL 7" figure, with TONS of possibilities.

Macularius
07-19-2010, 10:04 AM
I suspect the regular T1000 are more rare than that con exclusive....in my area, I see it once....

It's a shame. NECA doesn't even realize what a hit they have here. Hopefully it will become more common in the future.

I had to drive all over this state just to find one :(

Series600
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately, NECA's very much about recycling parts, especially in this T2 line, there's not one 100% unique figure, every T-800 and every T-1000 reuses as many parts from the other figures as possible. Something like the frozen T-1000 would be so unique, they're unlikely to do it, hell, we probably won't even get a biker version of him at all. NECA seems to believe in Arnie's selling power but not even T-1000s, so we get 6 T-800 figures and only 3 T-1000s, and one of those is a limited Con exclusive, so only 2 in a store.

Even with reusing parts, they still make new parts intermixed with old ones to create the different scenes for a different figure. For the box set I mentioned, they could completely reuse Arnolds upper body, while only needing to modify his legs. I do understand what you mean, and do see that a box set of that magnitude most likely will never see the light of day, but I just have the feeling that while reusing parts they've already made, they could easily make some new pieces(like they've done for different versions of the same character). While they will probably not do it, NECA should realize that by modifying the T-1000 to make the Biker Cop version, they could get anywhere from two to four figures out of that new figure. Just like the Galleria and Liquid Metal, exact same figure just with two separate paint jobs makes two separate figures. They could make a Biker Cop and Frozen T-1000 with just two different paint jobs. Then in keeping the Biker Cop legs and Galleria upper torso, they get the Steel Mill T-1000. So while I know full well that NECA will most likely not make these figures because they have to create a few more pieces, they have the potential to make another very successful series of T2 figures.

a-dev
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
It's a shame. NECA doesn't even realize what a hit they have here. Hopefully it will become more common in the future.

I had to drive all over this state just to find one :(

Exactly, I had plans for multiple purchases just like I did with the T-800. Presently though I only have one of each regular T-1000 because they shortpacked them and BBTS is only selling the T-800s of the 3rd series seperately, not the T-1000s. I've got 2 of each on order with FP.com, no idea when to expect those, and now with all the HT figures I'm buying I kinda have to hold off on buying anymore regardless. If I'd been able at the time I'd have bought exactly the amount I had planned from the off with BBTS.

The lack of confidence NECA seem to have in the T-1000 has surprised me and pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of any expectations for Sarah and John....unless they want to surprise us for the anniversary.

reemixx
07-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Did someone post a pic of the NECA T-800 with the HT T-800 a while back? How do they compare in terms of height and build? Curious how the NECA version would look alongside HT Sarah Connor.

a-dev
07-19-2010, 05:50 PM
I did once. At the risk of restarting the HT versus Neca debate again -

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49984&page=219

reemixx
07-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Cheers, a-dev. Those are some good comparison shots, exactly what I was after.

I think the debate's been and gone. At least, I'm not gonna bring it up again. Just needed some pics to make up my mind whether shelling out for HT T-800 was worth it when the NECA version's out there for a fraction of the price. Always liked the NECA version (only seen pics though). Just a shame it's about double the price in Australia. Buying from the US + shipping works out about the same, too.

Still. AU$60 vs AU$200+ (and only if I'm lucky).
Big difference.

MaulFan
07-19-2010, 08:25 PM
To me, regardless of some accurracy things or not, the HT figure just packs more fun to him. The NECA looks nice, but you're very limited with pose choices, the HT costs more, but you can do a lot more with it and really end up with a T-800 on your shelf looking exactly the way you want it to. Small thing to, but with no need for repaint, with HT, you can choose glasses or no glasses and have it look good, and you can choose black shirt or grey.

Summed up, NECA's a cheap statue, HT's a high priced action figure. Comes down with what you want the figure to be able to do.

reemixx
07-19-2010, 08:49 PM
To me, regardless of some accurracy things or not, the HT figure just packs more fun to him. The NECA looks nice, but you're very limited with pose choices, the HT costs more, but you can do a lot more with it and really end up with a T-800 on your shelf looking exactly the way you want it to. Small thing to, but with no need for repaint, with HT, you can choose glasses or no glasses and have it look good, and you can choose black shirt or grey.

Summed up, NECA's a cheap statue, HT's a high priced action figure. Comes down with what you want the figure to be able to do.

For sure. Agree with all of this.

Thing is, I'm a little bit backwards. Just bought HT Sarah Connor, and don't have a T-800 Arnie. I'll be getting one, I want both of those figures together, but for me Sarah Connor is more important than T-800.

Of course, I'd LOVE the HT version. But can I justify paying more than three times the price for him when the NECA version is out there and readily available. HT T-800 is going to be hard to find for a good price, too. And considering there may be another HT T-800 sometime in the future, it really makes me reconsider.

Anyways, that's something I've gotta work out for myself. Love NECA as a company, particularly their 18" stuff. For price vs quality, no-one else comes close.

a-dev
07-19-2010, 09:22 PM
If you need to choose I'd say get the Neca pescadero escape and the Hot Toys battle damaged figure when that comes out. Neca's pescadero figure will probably compare more favourably to its HT equivalent than the battle damaged figure is going to compare to the HT version, relatively speaking.

The Pescadero figure can pull off a few of the iconic poses from the scenes it represents and looks damn good doing so whereas Neca's Final battle figure, though cool, has too perfectly straight of a stance to accurately portray the T-800 from the steel mill scenes.

reemixx
07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
If you need to choose I'd say get the Neca pescadero escape and the Hot Toys battle damaged figure when that comes out. Neca's pescadero figure will probably compare more favourably to its HT equivalent than the battle damaged figure is going to compare to the HT version, relatively speaking.

The Pescadero figure can pull off a few of the iconic poses from the scenes it represents and looks damn good doing so whereas Neca's Final battle figure, though cool, has too perfectly straight of a stance to accurately portray the T-800 from the steel mill scenes.

While I'm not so fussy about movie-accurate poses, I definitely prefer the NECA Pescadero Escape over the Final Battle version. The latter has the cool factor, but the Pescadero has the benefit of the sunglasses which I think makes it look slightly better than it actually is because it hides the eyes. So, I'd definitely be going for the Pescadero if I went with a NECA T-800. Plus, it's look is way more iconic.

Is a HT battle damaged T-800 in the works for sure, or just possibly/likely?

MaulFan
07-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Nothing for sure, we just all figure it's innevitable with everything else from T2 that Hot Toys has done, but of course, like typical HT, and because it's my most wanted T2 figure, they'll probably not do it and piss me off.

reemixx
07-20-2010, 04:36 AM
Fair enough. Well I hope for your sake (and mine if I choose to wait for it) that they make one. A battle damaged version would be pretty sweet and probably sell really well.

Morbach
07-20-2010, 07:46 AM
I still have to buy the 2 T-1000's that are out. I think they're running on empty in terms of the T-800. I saw the new one with the Skynet gun or whatever. Now they're just making crap up. Arnold never had that gun.

Buttmunch
07-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Its from the Universal Studios T2 experience.

Morbach
07-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Its from the Universal Studios T2 experience.

Oh I thought they were just throwing random weapons in there. Still kinda lame IMO

a-dev
07-20-2010, 08:04 AM
I actually really like that figure, he looks so cool posed with both weapons.

I also got one with a great paintjob, a plasma rifle that isn't bent for once, and a face that seems slightly different than my Pescadero figures - he looks meaner like in the police station assault from T1.

Macularius
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
I actually really like that figure, he looks so cool posed with both weapons.

I also got one with a great paintjob, a plasma rifle that isn't bent for once, and a face that seems slightly different than my Pescadero figures - he looks meaner like in the police station assault from T1.

Same here!

When he's posed with both it reminds me of the police shootout scene from T1. Holding the plasma rifle by itself also looks pretty cool.

Johnny Utah
07-22-2010, 04:11 AM
From Randy on Twitter:

"After T2 we're focusing on the original Terminator for next year. Nothing beyond that for now."

"No Salvation here, don't care for it at all. All about the original & T2."

"The Arnolds alone are worth it as they've never been done & he looks so different. I'd like to do an improved Endo too."

"Have not even started sculpting yet, still in planning stages."

Finally some T1 merch. Between this, SS and HT, it's a great time to be a Terminator fan.

Darth_Fatso
07-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Oh god yes! I hope HT makes some T1 stuff aswell.

CelticPredator
07-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Hahaha....I love NECA's answer to Salvation.

xenom0rph
07-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Sweeet...would be nice some variants of Arnie, like they did it with T2.

I don't know if there's already a figure on the market that features Arnie in his punk outfit with the hairstyle he had before he first run in some shotgun shells and had a car accident... ;-)

That would be awesome...and then of course a figure after he did the surgery on himself and watching in the mirror (well, he also checked his hair then..as he walked away from the mirror...i mean...he's a robot...why does he care for his hairstyle...). :-)

Johnny Utah
07-22-2010, 05:09 AM
It's a cool touch. Wants to make sure he looks like a badass before he widows a lot of cop wives.

PharOOO
07-22-2010, 05:26 AM
This is the news I've been waiting forever to hear! NECA never ceases to impress me with their licenses, Terminator 2, Predator, The Exorcist, Alien, Aliens and now, finally The Terminator. Keep it coming NECA! I suspect we'll see the 2-ups shown at Toy Fair for an eventual May-June 2011 release, much like the 1st series of T2 figures.
Just awesome, awesome news!

reemixx
07-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Sweet! Terminator fans have been a happy bunch lately. I think I got into collecting at just the right time.

I'm guessing it'll be all about the 7" stuff in the beginning, like their current T2 line? Everyone's really digging those, they're fantastic. I'm actually really interested in their 18" figures, though, so I hope they don't exclude those for their T1 line. For price vs quality, NECA's 18" figures are amazing. A T1 battle damaged T-800 Arnie for me please, NECA. And if they can improve the paint on the 18" Endo, I'll take one of those, too.

krec9
07-22-2010, 06:08 AM
nice if neca can get the license so can everyone else

sparkstron73
07-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Neca are cheap and sometimes better than hot toys imo so am glad to hear they are doing the t1 figures.
A tech noir terminator would be nice to see.

abake
07-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Awesome news!
NECA is kicking all kinds of butt.

Bezzerkerr
07-22-2010, 07:16 AM
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b9/TERMSE_SIDEA-53.jpg/600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-53.jpghttp://populistarthouse.com/resources/terminator1-small.jpg

PharOOO
07-22-2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b9/TERMSE_SIDEA-53.jpg/600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-53.jpghttp://populistarthouse.com/resources/terminator1-small.jpg

This!
To me, this look is just as iconic as the T2 "leather & shades" look at the beginning of the movie. Man, I'll buy a dozen of this figure when it comes out.

galactiboy
07-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Good sign for other companies being able to do T1 :rock

While I don't plan on getting any NECA figures, I still hope they will release a 12" Endo. They didn't do it for T2, but maybe they can for T1.

I'd love to buy a few $40 Endos to customize and display.

Macularius
07-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Awesome! I've been waiting so long for some good T1 figures. I wouldn't mind if they were all arnold, either. There's so many options they can choose from!

kl241
07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Hahaha....I love NECA's answer to Salvation.

Says the guy with the Michael Bay avatar. :nana:

reemixx
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
While I don't plan on getting any NECA figures, I still hope they will release a 12" Endo. They didn't do it for T2, but maybe they can for T1.

I'd love to buy a few $40 Endos to customize and display.

Totally. I just bought the Hot Toys T-800 and Sarah Connor. I don't really *need* any others as I'm pretty satisfied with just those two. But, if I could get a 12" endo by NECA (with hopefully better paint than the 18" endo they currently have) I'd definitely be up for that. Their 18" version looks pretty great as far as accuracy and detail goes.

S'pose it doesn't really matter if the paint sucks anyway, though I'm not much of a painter. Could definitely see the appeal for those with greater skills than I.

Looking forward to seeing what NECA brings to the table.

Platty
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Awesome News.

Neca gets the T2 license, HT get the T2 license.

Neca get the T1 license, well, i'd put good money on Hot toys having acquired it, too!

I've always thought Neca and HT would acquire The Terminator license at the same time, as it's what they did with T2. I hope i'm right!

Red Metal
07-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I wish SSC would get off of the Salvation stuff. Their recent video mentioned two statues from Salvation being next in line, because it's the movie that's supposedly still fresh in people's minds. :cuckoo:

Anyway, I don't collect the Neca stuff anymore, but it's good to see the Neca fanbase getting such awesome news. With any luck, HT will follow with the T1 progression.

dcflake
07-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Future and present day Kyle Reese or is it all Arnold all the time?

(I know no one can answer that but that's the question I'd like to ask)

Macularius
07-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Future and present day Kyle Reese or is it all Arnold all the time?

(I know no one can answer that but that's the question I'd like to ask)

I wouldn't mind if it was arnold all the time. There's a lot they can do with him.

sparkstron73
07-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was arnold all the time. There's a lot they can do with him.

Yeah can't wait to see this touching scene recreated:rotfl

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/sparkstron73/terminatorsmile.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/sparkstron73/arniesmile3.jpg

a-dev
07-22-2010, 11:29 AM
:yess: I think we were kinda expecting this but to have confirmation is excellent. Can't wait to get my T1 7" collection started. Lets just hope they are allowed do Kyle Reese. I assume Sarah connor is a definite no.

It seems inevitable that HT will return to T1 now.

PharOOO
07-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I remember I posted back on the old Premium Format Terminator statue thread that if Sideshow now has the rights to produce statues from The Terminator that NECA will follow then finally Hot Toys. My post was shortly thereafter deleted which lead me to believe I was right. With this announcement, it basically confirms that I was right about NECA. I expect an announcement from Hot Toys towards the beginning of 2011 for The Terminator figures.

snoop101
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I remember I posted back on the old Premium Format Terminator statue thread that if Sideshow now has the rights to produce statues from The Terminator that NECA will follow then finally Hot Toys. My post was shortly thereafter deleted which lead me to believe I was right. With this announcement, it basically confirms that I was right about NECA. I expect an announcement from Hot Toys towards the beginning of 2011 for The Terminator figures.

Kinda sucks that its all being released around the same time. Im gonna be short a couple thousand.:lol

a-dev
07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Would anyone buy a figure of the T1 poster image of Arnold?

Its just the leather jacket over nude torso...and presumably his punk trousers. He was never like that in the film but we're all so familiar with that poster we could be forgiven for thinking he did go around like that.

So looking forward to Tankmans sculpt of both technoir and police station assault hairstyles - I just know he's going to get it exact.

Macularius
07-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Would anyone buy a figure of the T1 poster image of Arnold?

Its just the leather jacket over nude torso...and presumably his punk trousers. He was never like that in the film but we're all so familiar with that poster we could be forgiven for thinking he did go around like that.

So looking forward to Tankmans sculpt of both technoir and police station assault hairstyles - I just know he's going to get it exact.

I would. He looks awesome like that! 8-)

a-dev
07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I would too. Kind of like this line's Battle Across Time figure - not strictly necessary but very cool looking and unexpected.

DiFabio
07-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I would.

In fact I wouldn't mind if they milked as many figures as they could to cover all the looks, even the promotional photos.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=11578
http://www.theterminatorfans.com/multimedia/t1cp/longslide.jpg
http://www.theterminatorfans.com/multimedia/t1cp/t800.jpg
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12848
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12849
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12853
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12850
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12851
http://www.jdmfilmreviews.com/images/terminator-eye-surgery-arnold-schwarznegger1.jpg
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=12852

a-dev
07-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for posting those pics, that boosts the enthusiasm levels even more.

I'd also like a figure of him in just the vest so as to have another figure showing off the arms and tankman's great ability to sculpt them.

Shai
07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Yawn @ Neca

reemixx
07-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Yawn @ Neca

*blink*
:pfft:

a-dev
07-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Yawn @ Neca

Alright, this ones overused but.....

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/zzz2zri2ih.gif

Buttmunch
07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I want them to finish with T2 first! We still have quite a few legit T-1000 variants to go before I feel like they could move on. Biker and Steel Mill at least. Frozen and liquid metal Biker if they really want to milk it.

Voorhees27
07-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I want them to finish with T2 first! We still have quite a few legit T-1000 variants to go before I feel like they could move on. Biker and Steel Mill at least. Frozen and liquid metal Biker if they really want to milk it.

I'm sure there will be one last wave/series.

thenammagazine
07-22-2010, 09:27 PM
:google Popped in here and started seeing weird, straight-up crazy talk. Then I realized I'd entered the wrong thread. Bye! :wave:lol

Voorhees27
07-22-2010, 09:30 PM
:google Popped in here and started seeing weird, straight-up crazy talk. Then I realized I'd entered the wrong thread. Bye! :wave:lol

ITS BETTER THAN HOT TOYS! ............. YOU ARE RETARDED! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH! :mad:

*Nam closes door just in time to avoid a bite in the arm*

:lol

thenammagazine
07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
ITS BETTER THAN HOT TOYS! ............. YOU ARE RETARDED! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH! :mad:

*Nam closes door just in time to avoid a bite in the arm*

:lol

Post reported for namecalling and violation of V!C's Law. :tap

Voorhees27
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
:lol:lol:lol

DiFabio
07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Ordered two SDCC Liquid Metal T-1000s. After I receive them I'll be all caught up (except for a Cyberdyne Showdown replacement I've been meaning to buy).

Thought I'd share some pics of my T2 stuff. The only things missing are my HT T-800, Mcfarlane figures, the NECA Pescadero T-800 2-Up, NECA Battle Damaged/Final Battle 2-Upand a few other items. Shelves are going to get swapped around once I get my HT T-1000s though.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/026-1.jpg?t=1279914782
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/025.jpg?t=1279914949
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/015-1.jpg?t=1279914910
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/006-2.jpg?t=1279914989
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/001-1.jpg?t=1279915044
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/002-1.jpg?t=1279915071

a-dev
07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Cool. Where'd you order your liquid metal T-1000s?

I'm a bit concerned that my FP.com order for them won't come to pass. The figure isn't much more expensive than a regular figure there whereas BBTS had it up at $30 - something about that higher price tells me they'd be a safer bet to actually get the figure.

However my order for 2 more Gallerias and 2 more Pescaderos has apparently shipped from FP.com. I had been planning on 5 more gallerias and 1 more Pescadero on top of that but they're sold out now and as I've already ranted about, BBTS isn't selling the T-1000s individually. Where or when I'll get around to fulfilling my planned T-1000 quota I don't know.

DiFabio
07-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I ordered mine off of ebay. Two MOC for $50.00 shipped. I also noticed that there are TONS on ebay from Asia and Australia. I specifically sought out two of them from a seller in California. I'm assuming the seller I bought them from is actually at the convention.

EDIT:

Just got my shipping confirmation and tracking number for them now.

a-dev
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM

Yeah I have to agree. I doubt they'd return to it if they moved onto T1 and it'd be annoying having the T2 line just a few figures short of completion - namely the remaining T-1000s they could do. I take it sarah and john are definitely not happening.

PharOOO
07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm sure this thread will light up when actual prototypes will be revealed at Toy Fair 2011, if I were to take a guess. I'm still super excited that "The Terminator" figures are finally going to happen and that my favorite figure company, NECA, will be producing them.

reemixx
07-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm still super excited that "The Terminator" figures are finally going to happen and that my favorite figure company, NECA, will be producing them.

Favourite figure company? Well that's high praise. I have a soft spot for NECA too, I reckon they're pretty underrated.

EVERYTHING is related to cost, so NECA's figures - for their cost - are extremely well made. I mean, you can kind of guess as much when people start comparing NECA figures to Hot Toys versions which cost 3 or 4 times as much. Just by doing that, they've proven it.

I'm still waiting for my NECA 18" The Crow to arrive. I know I'm gonna be super excited for more 18" Terminator stuff when I get it.

Not a big 7" collector, other than NECA's Alien toys. But it's getting harder to resist them. The T2 ones are fantastic.

PharOOO
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I love NECA. Simple as that. They have TONS of my favorite movie & video games properties, excellent sculpts, and unbeatable prices. What's not to love?
I HIGHLY recommend getting the T2 figures, especially Pescadero T-800 & Galleria T-1000 if nothing else.

reemixx
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I love NECA. Simple as that. They have TONS of my favorite movie & video games properties, excellent sculpts, and unbeatable prices. What's not to love?
I HIGHLY recommend getting the T2 figures, especially Pescadero T-800 & Galleria T-1000 if nothing else.

Right on :rock

Y'know, I probably would if
1) I hadn't just bought the the Hot Toys T-800 and Sarah Connor
2) They weren't AU$35 a pop for the 7" stuff over here

Tell you what, though. It was tough trying to decide if I wanted to pay $AU200+ for the Hot Toys T-800, or just get the 12" NECA T-800 Pescadero for about AU$60. In the end Hot Toys won out, but only because I think it's one of their best, and 'cause he'd be standing next to Sarah Connor (probably woulda made the NECA version look worse).

I really want a 12" T-800 endo by NECA though. Or an 18" battle damaged Arnie. Hope they make these for their T1 line. I know they probably won't sell as well as their 7" stuff, but I'm crossing my fingers anyway.

MaulFan
07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
This is my current setup.

http://www.swmmedia.com/COLLECTION/071110_2.jpg

Biojex
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
^^^ nice.

Rourke's messages are never too short.

reemixx
07-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Loving all these pics. :D

a-dev
07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm sure this thread will light up when actual prototypes will be revealed at Toy Fair 2011, if I were to take a guess. I'm still super excited that "The Terminator" figures are finally going to happen and that my favorite figure company, NECA, will be producing them.

To be honest I'm only loyal to any company for as long as they have licenses I'm interested in. McFarlane used to be a favourite but now I have nothing positive whatsoever to say about them. NECA are not the most daring of companies in choosing licenses like Terminator and Predator - but hey, those are what I'm interested in collecting. And NECA seem to be invested in their licenses for good sustained periods of time whereas McFarlane just dropped at least one surefire hit license inexplicably - they made 1 (One) Robocop figure??? Why bother acquiring the rights at all?

As I said though I'm happy Neca knew what they had in the T2 license, still hope they make a few more T-1000s and still wish they'd take a chance on Sarah and John but they've been genius in the way they've made these figures. I have just about every possible look and pose for the T-800 in T2 because of swappable heads and other parts that boil & pop did the trick on without causing any damage. The T-1000 figure extended the swappability to hands and arms aswell as the heads. If they would kindly make a biker T-1000 I'm sure boil & pop could be used to swap the galleria torso onto the biker legs to create steel mill T-1000. The T-800 bd head could be put onto the McFarlane body which really improved that figure and makes me now value it much more than I had previously.

I can't wait to see what they do with T1.

DiFabio
07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
The T-1000s torso actually pops out pretty easily. Not boil and pop methods necessary.

shanghei
07-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I agree, unlike a 1/6 Harley which I believe would have sold well Neca making a Harley for their 6" figure would not fair so well. And, there are plenty out their that you could get for under $20.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2s8o0wp.jpg

is that bike 1/6 scale?

Toni Plutonij
07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
is that bike 1/6 scale?

Hardly....Endo is 7', so bike is much smaller then 1/6.

Johnny Utah
07-24-2010, 07:15 AM
In case there was any doubt, Randy confirmed it again on Twitter as well as Ghostface from Scream.

a-dev
07-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Is anyone asking more specifics? Such as the actor likeness rights, Arnie is presumably a given but what about Michael Biehn? What format the line will take, if it it'll be just Arnie in a series 1 and a couple of more Arnie's plus Kyle Reese in series 2 sorta like how the T2 line has played out etc etc.

Johnny Utah
07-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I want someone to do this at the show. We'll probably see interviews when it's over.

shanghei
07-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Hardly....Endo is 7', so bike is much smaller then 1/6.

does anyone know what scale it is?

Wor-Gar
07-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Ordered two SDCC Liquid Metal T-1000s. After I receive them I'll be all caught up (except for a Cyberdyne Showdown replacement I've been meaning to buy).

Thought I'd share some pics of my T2 stuff. The only things missing are my HT T-800, Mcfarlane figures, the NECA Pescadero T-800 2-Up, NECA Battle Damaged/Final Battle 2-Upand a few other items. Shelves are going to get swapped around once I get my HT T-1000s though.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/DiFabio09/026-1.jpg?t=1279914782

Jesus H Christ... that's an insane collection.

vodoun
07-25-2010, 07:58 PM
that's an insane collection.

One could nearly make flip screen animation with them.

Blade3327
07-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Got back from SDCC with the Cyberdine Showdown T-800, the Galleria Mall T-1000, the regular T-800 endo, and the exclusive liquid metal T-1000. As with all NECA figures, I only buy my favorite variant of a character. Either that, or I buy multiple and keep only the different accessories :D.

The fan-friggin'-tastic four are currently rockin' my Terminator shelf downstairs, alongside the HT T-700 and T-600. Great figs.

quiggle
07-26-2010, 05:15 AM
has NECA already confirmed that there will be no more 12" Terminator 2 figures, really wished they made the Cyberdyne showdown in 12".

a-dev
07-26-2010, 06:43 AM
I finally ordered the remainder of what I was looking for of series 3. My final count shall be 8 Galleria T-1000s and 4 Pescadero T-1000s all for various cross combinations, customs and different scene. Depending on whether Neca make more T2 figures I might try getting more in the future as I didn't plan for any steel mill scenes.

has NECA already confirmed that there will be no more 12" Terminator 2 figures, really wished they made the Cyberdyne showdown in 12".

I don't think they confirmed anything one way or another. But as I recall they were disappointed by sales of the Pescadero 12", delayed the Final Battle 12" as a result and pretty much nothing has been heard since. I'm sure if a 12" Cyberdyne showdown was going to happen it'd have happened by now, and I would have thought if they were doing 12" T-1000s they'd have been announced by now aswell. The slow sales and the fact of the Hot Toys 1/6ths might have put them off.

flacco
07-26-2010, 07:07 AM
My 12" Pescadero;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxdxcAq6NI/AAAAAAAADUk/tKUQuvn9dx0/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0025.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxeveGsCmI/AAAAAAAADWU/SxggrI6znOU/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0011.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxdxBok--I/AAAAAAAADUc/C1khElo35yg/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0026.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxePjlin0I/AAAAAAAADVU/dM3Sc3zRvUE/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0019.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxfYpjettI/AAAAAAAADXM/ZmniOQx51_s/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0004.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxfF1mIwXI/AAAAAAAADWk/AWiABCP5UfU/s1600-h/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0009.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxfF1mIwXI/AAAAAAAADWk/AWiABCP5UfU/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0009.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/SnxfGNJMhbI/AAAAAAAADWs/pMEqZ9WC8iI/s1600/terminator_2_pescadero_escape0008.jpg

he looks more than great, love this figure !

quiggle
07-26-2010, 09:53 AM
thanks everyone, I love the pose of the Cyberdyne showdown and am disappointed no one has made this a large figure yet, and I can't afford the no longer available polystone one from SideShow. did Hot Toys say they will be doing a Cyberdyne Showdown version, as much as BD is great pose.

quiggle
07-26-2010, 09:54 AM
will NECA be making the same type of headsculpt with the sunglasses and that weird looking extra chunk of flesh next to the handles, like with the T2 series Pescadaro and Universal ride one?

a-dev
07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
will NECA be making the same type of headsculpt with the sunglasses and that weird looking extra chunk of flesh next to the handles, like with the T2 series Pescadaro and Universal ride one?

Weren't the gargoyle sunglasses kind of the 'wrap-around' type? They have arms but they are close to the face unlike the T2 sunglasses which stick out from the face and thus, I guess, necessitated that spare filler plastic. Hopefully it won't be necessary on the T1 figures.

CelticPredator
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Says the guy with the Michael Bay avatar. :nana:

Bay is my homie. Dont be hatin. :1-1:

Salvation still sucks. :lecture

CelticPredator
07-26-2010, 04:09 PM

Oh ____...oh ____..oh____oh____oh____..IT'S QUIGGLE FROM THE SPAWN BOARDS! OH NOES! :lol

T-?
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Is Neca gonna do a Sarah, for either movie?

And they should do John/Future John 2pack.

T-?
07-26-2010, 06:34 PM
I recently sold my 12" NECA Pescadero, didn't like it and it served no purpose if I was gonna get the Hot Toys stuff.

The eyes under the glasses were not even painted, paint on the hands came off easy and even though he doesnt talk, he still has all the speaker holes and battery compartment.

a-dev
07-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Speaker holes? You sure they're not bullet holes? Theres absolutely no reason for any of the Neca figures to have 'speaker holes' - none of them have sound chips.

Can't say I've noticed a battery compartment on mine either.

MaulFan
07-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Flip up the back of your jacket, there is a hatch for batteries, but it's sealed in instead of screwed, seems like they went ahead and built the box in and then just decided in the end not to use electronics on him.

NECA figures have had sound, their 12" Jack Sparrow has audio.

a-dev
07-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Hmm. Pity they didn't go ahead with sounds, as long as the button was hidden that'd have been pretty cool. 'Hidden' being the operative word here, considering this aborted battery compartment is hidden under the jacket I wouldn't call that a black mark against the figure.

MaulFan
07-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Sounds in stuff like this is ok, but if it's not the real actor's dialogue, no point in it to me. Sparrow's dialogue isn't even in the movies, some of it.

a-dev
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm sure they'd have used real dialogue just as they did on the 18" Robocop.

Buttmunch
07-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Opened up my Liquid Metal T-1000 today. Love it. Very shiny and an awesome variant. His waist was a bit stuck due to the twisted pose in the package, but a few minutes in the freezer and I was able to twist it free without twisting off that waist joint (not like he can be easily returned at TRU :lol).

Macularius
07-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Is Neca gonna do a Sarah, for either movie?

And they should do John/Future John 2pack.

It would be cool if they did, but seeing how they didn't eeven trust the T-1000 to sell well, I doubt it.

Series600
07-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Those are not speaker holes, they are the regular bullet holes, just like on the 7" figure. The sealed battery pack and hole for a switch are present because NECA used the same mold on the Final Battle 12" version for the upper torso. The battery pack and switch are in use on the Final Battle 12" T-800. The switch being used to allow the eye light to be turned on, or completely turn off that ability. Never intended for a voice action. Another example of how NECA uses the same parts over and over.

quiggle
07-27-2010, 04:12 AM
do you think NECA might release a future Reece, with Sarah photo accessory?

Morbach
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
____ yeah!!!! About time we got T1

Morbach
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
that does suck they didn't do the sounds. That would've been awesome.

snoop101
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
do you think NECA might release a future Reece, with Sarah photo accessory?

Doubt it. Will probably just get about 8 different versions of the t-800.

Coorectghosting
07-27-2010, 03:12 PM
there's not much more than the Pre-TechNoir version, the Police Shootout version, and battle damaged version. if they make one where he's got a towel and exacto knife and missing eye i hope they choke on it. really don't need that.

snoop101
07-27-2010, 03:14 PM
there's not much more than the Pre-TechNoir version, the Police Shootout version, and battle damaged version. if they make one where he's got a towel and exacto knife and missing eye i hope they choke on it. really don't need that.

Why???
Theres way more than just three different variations they can do.The more the better.

a-dev
07-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah hoping they 'choke on it' is a strange sentiment, although obviously he didn't mean it literally.

For T1 I will take "All!", including DIY surgery T-800 or even promo-image and poster based figures.

Macularius
07-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Or cheezy ;)

reemixx
07-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeahhhh... Can't say I'm too fussy for sounds. My NECA 18" The Crow says a few different lines, but I rarely even flip the switch. Seems a bit gimmicky.

I'm all for NECA reusing parts if it means they can keep the costs down, though.

The Rider
07-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I Hope Neca make a 18" Pescadero with little better Likeness an true Colour of the Shotgun.

The Shotgun is Black and not gray-silver.

quiggle
07-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I was reading NECA's Twitter and they said they had some suprises T2 next year for the 20th anniversary, does anyone know what those will be?

The Rider
07-28-2010, 10:57 AM
There are many great things.

E.g. :

a 18 " Pescadero Escape with a revised Sculpt and detachable sunglasses
a 18 " Endoskeletton with the Paint Job of the 7" Endo and not the plastic look

a 7 " Diorama Set-the melt from the end of the movie

Neca has done before numerous dioramas (eg. the Crow), but now there only figures-which is pretty boring.

1/6 busts or statues would also be great, the sculpts are all well and Neca made already times Busts (300 Leonidas)

The Rider
07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I hope the figures are more like the quality of its great conan figures(Paint Job, Bases and joints). They looks like little Statues.

A new endo-WOW.

But much must not be improved.
Just take the 18 "Endo, the Paintjob of the new 7" Endo and a few more details and it is perfect.

I would appreciate very cool about Bases, busts and a review of Arnold's face.

The Neca sculpt is very good, but missing a few details.

Sculpt this one can still make a difference and one Dutch, and some use larger T2 and T1.

Cool would be a crouching, naked T-800 on a base with flame ring fresh from the future. :-)

a-dev
07-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Cool would be a crouching, naked T-800 on a base with flame ring fresh from the future. :-)

Never thought of that before. That'd be a cool little box-set type figure, I'd buy it, no joke. Sadly naked Arnie will never happen.

snoop101
07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Never thought of that before. That'd be a cool little box-set type figure, I'd buy it, no joke. Sadly naked Arnie will never happen.

Thank God!:lol

a-dev
07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
I was reading NECA's Twitter and they said they had some suprises T2 next year for the 20th anniversary, does anyone know what those will be?

Haven't heard anyone elaborate on that yet or any further mention of it, I'd love to know what we can expect if anything.

a 7 " Diorama Set-the melt from the end of the movie

Neca has done before numerous dioramas (eg. the Crow), but now there only figures-which is pretty boring.

Kinda annoying that NECA discontinue box sets and dioramas before they get to do any for T2, Predator, T1 etc.

And yet dioramas exist for less mainstream, less marketable films like The Crow.

MaulFan
07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Who says they're done with dios, they had diorama stuff on display with the Predators figures at SDCC, I think that stuff might be made available.

a-dev
07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
You know you want a little naked Arnie for your shelf, you know it!

snoop101
07-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Who says they're done with dios, they had diorama stuff on display with the Predators figures at SDCC, I think that stuff might be made available.

:confused:Pics please.:panic:

MaulFan
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
http://cooltoyreview.com/2010%2DSan%2DDiego%2DComic%2DCon/NECA/IMG_1014.JPG

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other12/necapredfigs43.jpg

Maybe they just made it for the show, but seems like a bit of a waste to put that work in just for a 5 day show display.

a-dev
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sure it is just for the show. Did you see the big Hoth diorama Hasbro did for the 3 3/4" Star Wars figures?? I doubt that things going to see retail.

Voorhees27
07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I wanna nekit Arnold :dunno

snoop101
07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I wanna nekit Arnold :dunno

I bet you do.:FREAK:

Macularius
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
It wouldn't be hard to cover the nasty bits..... I'd buy one. If the bottom of the base lit up orange...

Buttmunch
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I never know with NECA. They also had a semi-stealth Beserker on display with a few clear spots on him and the rest shadowy with a foresty 'playset.' I could figure out if that was supposed to see retail or not either. That thing does have a seperate base from the rest of that display so it is possible.

ILove10aflyViper
07-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Watched Terminator again this morning. Extremely excited for these figures now, even though I'll probably only get the two main Arnold looks and the Endo.

Minimodel
07-29-2010, 12:26 AM
They could do it.Just make his knob an on/off switch.

flacco
07-29-2010, 03:24 AM
There are many great things.

E.g. :

a 18 " Pescadero Escape with a revised Sculpt and detachable sunglasses
a 18 " Endoskeletton with the Paint Job of the 7" Endo and not the plastic look

)

EXACTLY
:goodpost:

The Rider
07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Haven't heard anyone elaborate on that yet or any further mention of it, I'd love to know what we can expect if anything.

Kinda annoying that NECA discontinue box sets and dioramas before they get to do any for T2, Predator, T1 etc.

And yet dioramas exist for less mainstream, less marketable films like The Crow.

Sorry, who is Kinda?

Sure, dioramas do not sell as easily as normal Figures.
One can not make it to every film.
But there are some great dioramas to Neca Exorcist, Haloween and the Crow.

I think Predator, Predator 2, Predators, the Terminator and T2 are perfect for that.
Just because figures are too boring.

There would be so many great opportunities for diorama.

E.g. a Sulacco base with the Power Loader and the injured Bishop.
For this purpose, separately the Queen to make a big Diorama.

In Predator, one could make a few parts of the jungle, with some accessories and Dutch.

It would sell wonderfully.

Apart from this, not just toys rus, but the internet.

I hope the situation will change and we get a Predators totem(with the skulls and bones) and Predator 2 trophy wall.

@ Flacco-mail me back. :-)

The Rider
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Thank God!:lol

Why? That would be really cool.
With a lightened base.
And the pose would be awesome.

Neca course would not sculpt a "little Arnie". :lol

A 18 "T1 Arnold would also be cool.
With removable-transparent sunglasses.
Among the injured face with lightened eye.

a-dev
07-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Sorry, who is Kinda?

By 'Kinda' I meant 'Kind of (annoying)' or 'sort of (annoying)'. Or I could have written 'Its a little annoying that Neca seem to no longer make box sets and dioramas'. :)

a-dev
07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
According to a post by Johnny Utah in the Predator thread Neca will be putting out a 4th series of T2 figures for the 20th anniversary of the film. I hope this is true, because T2 isn't quite done yet in mine and other's opinions. I'd really like them to finish it out first before moving on to T1 since it seems unlikely they would return to it otherwise.

Thus, and I hope someone from Neca reads this, here is a list of figures and accessories I'd love to see. Ideally we'd get it all but more likely it'll be a case of a few of them crossed off and I know Sarah and John Connor are probably unlikely...but they're on the list anyway. In bold is the figure, followed by notes on the figure with key new accessories underlined.

rerelease Galleria T-1000
This one from S3 has proven a little harder to find in stores than would be desired, we suspect NECA underestimated the demand for T-1000. Its a great figure and the most simple yet essential version of T-1000 to be had. A rerelease would be appreciated for this reason and also because its upper portion will be wanted by fussy collectors like us to create the pretty much equally important Steel Mill T-1000 using the legs from-

Biker T-1000
Its a distinctive look for the T-1000 never attempted at this scale. He appears like this during lots of cool sequences albeit generally while sat in a truck or helicopter. Well, he'd involve all new parts but importantly his legs would have the striped pantleg seam and the high biker boots - his police utility belt would be gone - and these legs could be used with the Galleria T-1000's torso to create the non-battledamaged Steel Mill T-1000 (or indeed they could be used with the Pescadero Hospital figure's torso for simulating bullet hits). I know the torsos aren't strictly intended to be swapped like the forearms, the hands or the heads but it nevertheless can be done easily. Accessories-wise he'd have the submachine gun and a swappable sword arm.

Split Torso T-1000
This would be the last of the significant battledamage T-1000 thats never been tackled in figure form. Its from the scene where he is threatening Sarah Connor and T-800 sneaks up behind and carves him almost in half with the metal rod. The legs could be reused from Biker T-1000, the head and arms reused from Galleria T-1000. Liberties might have to be taken in order to maintain the stability and articulation of the figure. He would come with the same stabbing finger right hand as the Galleria T-1000 but also now include a longer left hand stabbing finger aswell. He would need the iron rod that he uses to beat up and impale the T-800. I've tried, really tried to find something around the house that could pass for a tiny metal pole in scale with these figures and I have failed. Its simple and wierd but I'd really love to see this little accessory. It played a big role in the steel mill scenes between T-800 and T-1000. Lastly a new Donut head would be nice. I thought I could live with the McFarlane one but its a little on the small side. If this figure were to not happen then I would hope that some or all of the accessories I mention here would come with the Biker T-1000 figure.

SWAT shootout T-800
This would essentially be the steel mill figure minus the knee damage. He'd have the grenade launcher, the bandolier with just 4 grenades in it down by his right side and back, a pistol and the SWAT teargas launcher.

Steel mill Sarah Connor
She'd need a more action leg stance than the McFarlane and most definitely the SWAT shotgun. And don't forget the battledamage she had sustained by this point in the film. Another nifty little accessory she could have would be the control box for the chains that lower T-800 into the molten steel.

Pescadero Escape Sarah Connor
So very very unlikely and yet one I personally would love to have. She'd just need a pistol and the police stick thingy. I know this one is vastly unlikely so I won't bother italicising or underlining anything.

John Connor
I have so little hope of seeing this guy made by anyone that I've never really studied him in the film to build a list of things he should come with or if there was any outfit variations etc.

Beyond these theres the box sets that'll never happen like T-800 on harley, T-1000 on police bike, Hasta la Vista scene, T-800 arm in the giant gears scene, T-800 punching through T-1000 head, T-800 arrival scene (yes naked Arnie).

Macularius
07-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Saw an 18 inch battle damaged endo today. My aunt ordered it for me off amazon for my birthday (she's really my best relative when it comes to gifts, I always get what I want instead of some electronic gizmos I never use... blah blah blah), but it had factory defects. The right hand was put on backward - backward! - the glue was sloppy on the leg pistons, and the worst part was its right eye looked off to the left while the left eye looked straight forward. Needless to say it's been returned, in exchange for another one. Now why would neca let something that bad out of their factory....?

a-dev
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't think QC is their strongest point. Paint mess of some description on almost every figure, warping and breakage of joints. I've had one T-1000 break at the shoulder and another that looks like it will if I look at it wrong. I had no joint issues with the T-800s, it definitely went downhill a bit for series 3. Oh and one of my T-1000s had a squashed ear!

Macularius
07-30-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't think QC is their strongest point. Paint mess of some description on almost every figure, warping and breakage of joints. I've had one T-1000 break at the shoulder and another that looks like it will if I look at it wrong. I had no joint issues with the T-800s, it definitely went downhill a bit for series 3. Oh and one of my T-1000s had a squashed ear!

I've never seen anything that bad. I guess that's why the endoskeleton was so shocking to me :monkey2

DiFabio
07-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Their QC is awful. Out of the many T-1000s I own I don't have a single perfect one, even swapping out the parts. If it isn't the paint, it's a gap in the arm, if it isn't either of those it's the paint on the headsculpt. None of them are consistent with one another and all of them are sloppily done. All the ones I've seen on here too.

It isn't OCD I don't think these were just poorly produced unfortunately. Great sculpt, fantastic design and brilliant construction (the ability to swap them out to make figures across different scenes is brilliant) but paint and assembly wise these are not executed very well.

Macularius
07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Their QC is awful. Out of the many T-1000s I own I don't have a single perfect one, even swapping out the parts. If it isn't the paint, it's a gap in the arm, if it isn't either of those it's the paint on the headsculpt. None of them are consistent with one another and all of them are sloppily done. All the ones I've seen on here too.

It isn't OCD I don't think these were just poorly produced unfortunately. Great sculpt, fantastic design and brilliant construction (the ability to swap them out to make figures across different scenes is brilliant) but paint and assembly wise these are not executed very well.

I just must be one lucky bastard - the first and only T-1000 I've seen (and bought!) was just fine.

MaulFan
07-31-2010, 09:01 AM
They're cheap, "high end" toys, the QC is bound to be iffy, I can't think of many NECA figures I've ever got that weren't a little sloppily painted or whatever.

quiggle
07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
dr silverman kind of looks the same in both films, can't they realse one for each with pretty much the sam sculpt?

Platty
07-31-2010, 02:02 PM

Yah. If only all their figures they put out were as good as their 2 ups eh!

Are the 2 ups done in-house? I know all the stuff that gets released is sent out to China or wherever for paint etc. Their 2 ups always look great though, must be Neca's own people that do them.

Matt S
08-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Just ordered the SDCC t1000 off Amazon - qualifies for the free shipping.

Series600
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, I now have all of series 3, even two Liquid Metal T-1000's. I'm ready for series 4.

The Rider
08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I think the problem is that Neca is too greedy.
You want to make more money.
Therefore, they produce the figures in poor quality.
And save an accessory.

This is really very sad.

Sure, they are not high-end company, but we can surely expect more quality.

You could also make the figures a few dollars more expensive(2-3 $), then the quality is right, it is also OK.
Who can do anything with bad figures?

quiggle
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
does anyone know when NECA will announce what the assortment will be in the next Terminator 2 wave?

a-dev
08-02-2010, 08:43 AM

Same here. I have not one perfect Galleria head and I have 8. Its either the painting of the hairline is skewed or parts are left unpainted, wierd darker patches of hair, missing eyebrow paint, a missing eye pupil making him look like the Wolf Predator, paint scratches, in one case red paint on the hair. Its all rather annoying.

I know its never going to be Hot Toys quality at this scale and pricepoint but does there have to mess on every single figure.