PDA

View Full Version : Official NECA Terminator Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

villainsfan42
06-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Guys, there are details about everyone on the web that are like signatures of who you are, we've had members try to come back as other names and are banned again for it and if they try to much, are banned without any chance to ever come back to this site.

Selektiv has been temporarily banned and will be back, so do not start talking behind their back, that's no better than what they post, just move along.

i'll drop it, but i've just got one question:

i understand the whole banning system, but it's pretty obvious that someone like Selektiv, or V!C, were just trolls, with the soul intention of trolling. so we all expect that when he comes back, he'll troll again, and then get banned again, and it will go on, until it's a permanent ban. so why, when you guys know he's just here to troll, cant you permanently ban him from the start? i don't get it :dunno

a-dev
06-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Well....OK then.

thenammagazine
06-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Well....OK then.

So... how 'bout them 18-inchers? :naughty

MaulFan
06-06-2010, 04:17 PM
i'll drop it, but i've just got one question:

i understand the whole banning system, but it's pretty obvious that someone like Skeletiv, or V!C, were just trolls, with the soul intention of trolling. so we all expect that when he comes back, he'll troll again, and then get banned again, and it will go on, until it's a permanent ban. so why, when you guys know he's just here to troll, cant you permanently ban him from the start? i don't get it :dunno

It's not my call, I infract when violations are made and if the person eventually violates enough for permanent ban, then it'll happen. The idea is that peopel could change their behavior and those who don't will keep it up often enough they'll eventually hit that permanent mark. I've already infracted selektive on 2 occassions back to back because after an infraction they started right up again. They'll either clean up or be gone for good, either way, eventually a non-issue.

a-dev
06-06-2010, 05:02 PM
So... how 'bout them 18-inchers? :naughty

Too big even for http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/147.gif to fully grasp.

DiFabio
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Guys, there are details about everyone on the web that are like signatures of who you are.

Yep, IP addresses. There are ways to get around the system though. It's really easy to change your proxy and/or use a proxy.

thenammagazine
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Yep, IP addresses. There are ways to get around the system though. It's really easy to change your proxy and/or use a proxy.

IP addresses can be changed as easily as underwear. :lol

necronomic
06-07-2010, 05:30 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/S-keuPA-X1I/AAAAAAAAHkI/zSyTXzcnEIg/s1600/terminator_final_battle_damaged_head0017.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/S-kferW7HcI/AAAAAAAAHmQ/QBkyK8MGS80/s1600/terminator_final_battle_damaged_head0001.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/S-kfeVvYDsI/AAAAAAAAHmI/daRzpjpDVRE/s1600/terminator_final_battle_damaged_head0002.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t4LxdWvnOko/S-kfYUb1N7I/AAAAAAAAHl4/P_RVKeKwVvY/s1600/terminator_final_battle_damaged_head0004.jpg

The figure looks very fine, but NECA have "only" one big problem , SKIN TONE.

The Horror/sci-fi characters from NECA are phenomenal ! The "NON-Human" characters with face painting like THE CROW, BEETLEJUICE or SPAULDING are much better and thats the reason why the T2 line is not good enough for me.

Like i said before, its good but no chance with the productions from 2004-07, face is too cartoonish.

, anyway we can be really happy and thankful that we have so so many great older productions with gorgeous likeness, some examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_iJgGB9UPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFj-EcPhTuE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_imGEsAfpig&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WaCkXmuBEs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuB7-l6fMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdB0ARosNwI&feature=related

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uDQv17dj_y4/SVxcrA5ROPI/AAAAAAAAADM/Bd_YFIRJtkE/s1600/The%2BCrow.jpg

a-dev
06-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Like i said before, its good but no chance with the productions from 2004-07, face is too cartoonish.

Yeah its kinda bothersome. How is it that my Conan Temple of the Serpent figure has such a superior paintjob to all my Terminators? The eyes on that are the most realistically painted I've seen in the 7" scale. The T-800s have cartoon eyes next to it.

Johnny Utah
06-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Agreed...NECA's Conan figures have fantastic paintwork, especially the TOTS one.

PharOOO
06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
There was a lot of excitement last week regarding series 3 especially the T-1000. However, most of that excitement has seemed to drop off within the last week or so. Hopefully, series 3 will start showing up at select comic shops this week and a national release a week or two after that.
I just started messing around with my Pescedero T-800 again over the weekend and was happily reminded at the awesome amount of detailed sculpt and amazing likeness. The T-1000, both versions, can't get here soon enough.

PharOOO
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
How about a Sarah and John Conner 2-pack? If NECA did a 2-pack, it would solve the problem of 1 figure being a peg-warmer since you'd need to buy the set to get the figure you want. Although I really can't imagine a T2 fan not wanting both a Sarah and John in their collection. However maybe NECA would feel less of a risk in releasing a 2-pack.
Just a thought to kick start this thread a little and keep up the excitement over the soon-to-be released series 3 and possibily a surprise or two at SDCC.

Platty
06-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I hope we do see a suprise or two at SDCC. T1 Perhaps?

I have the 7" Final Battle and Cyberdyne coming either tomorrow or the day after (hopefully)

I should've ordered them ages ago. I don't know why I didn't! I have every Arnie fig released by Neca then, barring the new Steel Mill and T23D versions. Haven't seen them in the UK yet though.

a-dev
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm disappointed that series 3 hasn't turned up in the US yet, I thought they'd be keeping me entertained during the wait for the HT T-800, but it surely can't be far off now. I'm waiting for BBTS to make them available for order individually so I can get the particular ones I want in the particular quantity. At the moment they're only up as a case.

I'd be all over a Sarah/John 2-pack but who knows. They may be done with T2 and if there were any further additions they'd likely only be more T-1000s..not that I'd be complaining as he does deserve more versions being made.

I haven't done my wishlist in a while:

-undamaged steel-mill T-1000 (capable of interchanging parts)
-sidesplit T-1000 (with 2 alternate stabbing finger hands and iron rod)
-motorcycle cop T-1000
-steel mill Sarah Connor
-John Connor (w/alternate sweaty headsculpt for steel mill)
-Pescadero Escape Sarah Connor

-T-800 on Harley boxset
-T-1000 on police-bike boxset
-T-800 with arm stuck in giant gears (with chrome T-1000 looking on) boxset
-'Hasta la vista' boxset (T-800 about to shoot the frozen T-1000)

Valfar
06-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Speaking of John Connor, i was thinking again..that Public Enemy shirt, now how is Hot Toys going to get away with that?..maybe put Plastic Enemy on it instead. lol!

snoop101
06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Speaking of John Connor, i was thinking again..that Public Enemy shirt, now how is Hot Toys going to get away with that?..maybe put Plastic Enemy on it instead. lol!

I dont think we have to worry about it, because I doubt Hot toys will Make a John connor from T2.

Platty
06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
If we get new T-1000 figures, what are we expecting to see? I'm thinking a Steel Mill with the donut head and different boots and a biker cop version. I'd be happy with those!

There are actually some series 3 figures on e-bay and a few websites in the UK, both the T-1000 and T-800 figures. What makes you buy them from bbts a-dev? Because you can specify the amount?

a-dev
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Same reason I order Hot Toys from Toys2, they tend to get them quicker and I'm just :impatient:.

Platty
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Fair play man, fair play :D

Voorhees27
06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
If I had to i'd buy everything from BBTS ........... i've only purchased 3 things from them but everytime I have they've impressed the hell outta me.

a-dev
06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Anyone else care to add to the wishlist? Most of it will probably never happen but just for _____s 'n giggles.

The NECA T1 dream:

-naked Arnie! (hey they made topless Jacob from Twilight!!)

-Tech Noir T-800 with uzi and lazersight handgun (alternate head w/burnt off eyebrows and singed hair)

-1984 Kyle Reese in trenchcoat (shotgun, iron bar)

-1984 Kyle Reese variant w/out trenchcoat (bandaged arm, bombs, pistol etc)

-naked Sarah Connor...OK just Sarah connor..equally unlikely you say? OH come on!

-Police station shootout T-800 w/default sunglasses head plus alternate BD head (weapons:shotgun and machine gun)

snoop101
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone else care to add to the wishlist? Most of it will probably never happen but just for _____s 'n giggles.

The NECA T1 dream:

-naked Arnie! (hey they made topless Jacob from Twilight!!)

-Tech Noir T-800 with uzi and lazersight handgun (alternate head w/burnt off eyebrows and singed hair)

-1984 Kyle Reese in trenchcoat (shotgun, iron bar)

-1984 Kyle Reese variant w/out trenchcoat (bandaged arm, bombs, pistol etc)

-naked Sarah Connor...OK just Sarah connor..equally unlikely you say? OH come on!

-Police station shootout T-800 w/default sunglasses head plus alternate BD head (weapons:shotgun and machine gun)

That would be amazing if Neca gave us that many different figures from the first film. There are just too few T1 collectibles out there, we need more NOW!!!!:borg

a-dev
06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
I can't wait for it to be put beyond doubt by one or both of Hot Toys and NECA that fully licensed T1 figures will finally happen.

Platty
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
If 1 gets the licence, I can see the other getting it too.

MaulFan
06-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I really want to know how Conan works regarding Arnie's likeness, it seems unlikely that NECA would have gone through Arnie's people in addition to the film rights owners to do those figures, but maybe somehow the film does cover it. We know T1 doesn't with the horrid original HT portrait.

a-dev
06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I feel more optimistic about it now than ever before. First we had that poll that Hot Toys ran on their site asking what Terminator figure we wanted to see next - T1 came second. I doubt they'd have included it in the poll at all if they weren't seriously considering doing it properly this time. And on the NECA front I think its been mentioned more than once..Tankman said its the next Terminator-related work he'd like to do. I reckon its surely been discussed by them.

MaulFan
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Discussed, without question, wanted, without question, but with the likeness issue, I just don't know how likely it is with NECA, Hot Toys already went that route for Dutch and with the money they'd make off figures, I can see them pursuing Arnie's rights in addition, but I wonder if NECA would, I'd love for them to do it, I just don't know, that's why I wish I knew the conditions of the Conan license, if it was the same as Predator and T1, then we'd know NECA would go that route, and surely Terminator would be more popular than Conan.

a-dev
06-08-2010, 09:06 PM
and then the Michael Biehn situation :pray:

MaulFan
06-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Well, if NECA even gets Arnie's likeness that'd be nice, and I'd settle for just that with them. but with Hot Toys, if they didn't get rights to do a Reese, I'd be bummed.

Idpullthecurtains
06-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm disappointed that series 3 hasn't turned up in the US yet, I thought they'd be keeping me entertained during the wait for the HT T-800, but it surely can't be far off now. I'm waiting for BBTS to make them available for order individually so I can get the particular ones I want in the particular quantity. At the moment they're only up as a case.

I'd be all over a Sarah/John 2-pack but who knows. They may be done with T2 and if there were any further additions they'd likely only be more T-1000s..not that I'd be complaining as he does deserve more versions being made.

I haven't done my wishlist in a while:

-undamaged steel-mill T-1000 (capable of interchanging parts)
-sidesplit T-1000 (with 2 alternate stabbing finger hands and iron rod)
-motorcycle cop T-1000
-steel mill Sarah Connor
-John Connor (w/alternate sweaty headsculpt for steel mill)
-Pescadero Escape Sarah Connor

-T-800 on Harley boxset
-T-1000 on police-bike boxset
-T-800 with arm stuck in giant gears (with chrome T-1000 looking on) boxset
-'Hasta la vista' boxset (T-800 about to shoot the frozen T-1000)

Seems like there is a problem with Play.com order for S3 T2 figures.

They seem to be cancelled, I pre-ordered a while back but it seems like they are not getting them now :(

Platty
06-09-2010, 04:56 AM
I wouldn't worry man, play always pushes the release dates back. When I was waiting on the 1st series of T-800 figures it would get to the release day but they wouldn't be in stock, they would instead push the release date back. Hang in there, they'll arrive soon enough.

PharOOO
06-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Glad to see this thread back up and running.

I'll play the guessing game too with "The Terminator" series using NECA's formula from their T2 line with several different versions of the T-800 in the first 2 series and the 3rd series introducing a new character.

Series 1:
T-800 (TechN Noir version with Uzi)
T-800 (arm & eye surgery scene)
T-800 (possibily another endoskeleton re-release)
T-800 (12 inch version of the Tech Noir figure)

Series 2:
T-800 (Police station assault with Gargoyles, shotgun, and assault rifle)
T-800 (Battle-damaged version, after the Terminator is run over by the truck)
T-800 (12 inch version of the police station assault figure)

Series 3:
Kyle Reese (Trenchcoat and sawed-off shotgun)
Kyle Reese (No trenchcoat and duffle bag with explosive charges)

metroz
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
OH yes, terminator 1 figure; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRhLxSp910

I find the first movie much better than the second, Arnie in T1 is unbeatable,. The real TERMINATOR

DiFabio
06-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts if and when you do get it and good or bad.

Well I "pulled ta plug". I ordered it and received my shipping confirmation number. I'll definitely be posting my thoughts on this one.

Really excited and other than a few days, really no waiting game.

Batfreak
06-09-2010, 06:59 PM
t1000 is still not here yet??

a-dev
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Glad to see this thread back up and running.

I'll play the guessing game too with "The Terminator" series using NECA's formula from their T2 line with several different versions of the T-800 in the first 2 series and the 3rd series introducing a new character.

Series 1:
T-800 (TechN Noir version with Uzi)
T-800 (arm & eye surgery scene)
T-800 (possibily another endoskeleton re-release)
T-800 (12 inch version of the Tech Noir figure)

Series 2:
T-800 (Police station assault with Gargoyles, shotgun, and assault rifle)
T-800 (Battle-damaged version, after the Terminator is run over by the truck)
T-800 (12 inch version of the police station assault figure)

Series 3:
Kyle Reese (Trenchcoat and sawed-off shotgun)
Kyle Reese (No trenchcoat and duffle bag with explosive charges)

The way I see it NECA won't do anymore 12" Terminator figures with Hot Toys covering that scale. Maulfan reckons, like I do, that the only reason we have 2 12"ers from NECA right now is because they didn't "anticipate dis move!" from Hot Toys. Sales have possibly not been what they hoped.

I thought of the DIY surgery scene T-800 but doesn't that whole scene have him sitting down? Or even if not I don't think it'd really be worth much without the context of a miniature diorama with the mirror and all that. Lastly to be accurate you couldn't have both the arm cut open and the endo eye at the same time because when hes doing the arm surgery he still has his punk jacket on but then by the time he's doing his eye he's only in the vest and his arm is bandaged up. Hey I'd buy some sort of approximation if they made it but I didn't put it in my list for the above reasons.

Lastly I think you could combine the Police shootout with the BD figure. All it'd really need is an alternate head and some BD gloved hands. But I guess if NECA wanted to milk us they'd make them seperate figures.

Well I "pulled ta plug". I ordered it and received my shipping confirmation number. I'll definitely be posting my thoughts on this one.

Really excited and other than a few days, really no waiting game.

Excellent looking forward to hearing what you think. I've gotta say the headsculpt is only growing on me more and more. I don't think that 'squashed middle' is going to greatly bother me as time goes on. True even now I'm seeing photos that aren't too flattering but it really is a different experience having it in hand.

uscmhicks
06-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey !. A-dev , you have a sig !. You've not had a sig for years !. :lol

a-dev
06-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Ha! I know its wierd, surprised someone noticed! Just never been bothered before but fellow boardie Blade3327 hooked me up with that one.

DiFabio
06-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Damn this talk of "Punk T-800", "Police Shoot Out T-800" and "Battle Damaged T-800" is exciting. A few years ago all of this seemed impossible, especially the dream of T2 figures. Now it's becoming more of a possibility with each passing month.

If Hot Toys and NECA releases Terminator figures from the first film like they are with T2 I'll completely lose it. Things can't get much better than this.

Voorhees27
06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
T1 merchandising is coming. :wink1:

a-dev
06-09-2010, 08:28 PM
"I know" cue T1 end credits!....No?

DiFabio
06-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Seriously. All NECA and Hot Toys has to do in terms of Terminator is make four figures, or even 3 like a-dev (Devo, what do you want me to call you. I'm more accustomed to your name from Rebelscum than the one on here) suggested with the alternate head.

NECA

- Police Shoot Out (with extra battle damaged head)
- Punk T-800 (maybe include the missing eye head for ____s and giggles as an extra?)

- Kyle Reese (1985)
- Kyle Reese Future (they wouldn't even have to do this one, I wouldn't care)

- Mandatory Endoskeleton

Hell if Kyle is a problem I wouldn't be THAT upset not to get him. Especially if both versions of the T-800 were available.

Hot Toys could do the same thing as above with any of the usual combinations (Multiple MMS or one MMS DX) and I'd flip.

Then really all they'd have to do is include a Motorcycle T-1000 (which may be in the works for either of them) along with a Sarah Connor and John Connor and I'd be set.

a-dev
06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
a-dev (Devo, what do you want me to call you. I'm more accustomed to your name from Rebelscum than the one on here)

:lol

I wondered where we must have met before since you knew me as Devo. Do you post as DiFabio on rebelscum? I don't post enough over there to know anyone really. With no new Star wars figures in such a long time and the next batch just being updates of already made ones I just haven't been in the mood.

I actually prefer A-dev, when I came up with Devo (a dublinised version of my surname) I didn't realise that there was a band called Devo and people kept assuming I'm a fan.

DiFabio
06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Okay, I'll call you A-dev then. I was on scum and I did post as DiFabio, I think I made the T2 NECA thread there. I was banned last year by GNT and the other mods.

You stood out because you were one of the few people I liked over there. You posted your different variations of the T2 T-800s as well as some customs if I remember correctly.

I'm bored so I decided to make something since I'm pretty excited about all these possibilities.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=11712

Crap I know but I'm giving my Mac book pro a rest (it has photoshop) and I'm on my PC. Obviously that's MS paint right there. Maybe later I'll change the font, color of the pants, etc with photoshop just for fun.

It's just that I can almost imagine what a T1 line would be like. All new sculpts, packaging, guns etc.

a-dev
06-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Okay, I'll call you A-dev then. I was on scum and I did post as DiFabio, I think I made the T2 NECA thread there. I was banned last year by GNT and the other mods.

You stood out because you were one of the few people I liked over there. You posted your different variations of the T2 T-800s as well as some customs if I remember correctly..

Thanks. Just checked you did indeed start that thread which I'm still posting in now and again, sorry for not noticing.

I'm not a fan of the system of posting at rebelscum. I hate the way if I want to put a word in italics I have to get my computer to authorise it each and every individual time and then type the word into a seperate pop-up window. Just really awkward.

For the T1 packaging I think you chose the image they would most certainly use. One day, one day :pray:

CelticPredator
06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I didnt know they made a T23D figure!

Darth_Fatso
06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Wait, what? Has NECA confirmed a T1 series of figures?!

Idpullthecurtains
06-10-2010, 02:32 AM
I wouldn't worry man, play always pushes the release dates back. When I was waiting on the 1st series of T-800 figures it would get to the release day but they wouldn't be in stock, they would instead push the release date back. Hang in there, they'll arrive soon enough.

Nah this is different. I use play a LOT and am used the the status of the orders. Dates always get pushed back that is normal. But this is different. On the date they had as their release date, the items vanished and have never come back. The order is still there, but normally the date would just change on these items.

This is why I mention it, it is not a normal case of the date being wrong. It seems like Play.com are not now getting the stock.

EDIT
LOL they just came back. So might be ok now. But it is still weird.

EDIT
:( And NOW I just got an email saying the preorders are cancelled cos they cant get them. Weird!!!!

MaulFan
06-10-2010, 04:12 AM
I didnt know they made a T23D figure!

Yup, cashing in on the T-800 molds with every variant they can come up with.

Johnny Utah
06-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Wait, what? Has NECA confirmed a T1 series of figures?!

Randy said on Twitter that the sales of Series 3 of T2 will affect other plans they have Terminator. He also said they might have something to tell at SDCC.

Platty
06-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Nah this is different. I use play a LOT and am used the the status of the orders. Dates always get pushed back that is normal. But this is different. On the date they had as their release date, the items vanished and have never come back. The order is still there, but normally the date would just change on these items.

This is why I mention it, it is not a normal case of the date being wrong. It seems like Play.com are not now getting the stock.

EDIT
LOL they just came back. So might be ok now. But it is still weird.

EDIT
:( And NOW I just got an email saying the preorders are cancelled cos they cant get them. Weird!!!!
Very wierd indeed! Sorry to hear the order has fell through mate.

You could try e-bay or www.buyforlessonline.co.uk , which is the website I bought the cyberdyne and final battle figures from. I recieved them today. They were shipped Monday. Not bad! Same speed as play. They have the Neca series 3 figures, including the T-1000's.

I've gotta say I was expecting the cyberdyne to be the best of the lot but the final battle really has stole the show. Awesome figure. It captures his look perfectly. Not to mention you get the spare head that can go on the McFarlane T-800 body. I know i'm late to the party in saying all this but for whatever reason I hadn't bought them before now!

I think i'm gonna hold off on the T23D figure as i'm not too into the look. As maulfan says, their just milking it, so I think I can hold off for now. The Steel Mill can also wait as I have the mcfarlane version now which is adequate.

The T-1000's come first. I need them!! Gonna look awesome next to the small army of T-800's.

Batfreak
06-10-2010, 11:11 AM
T1 was ok but to me T2 is the best, no other terminator movie could top that. i know there are 4 now but T2 is the only one i like and own on bluray and the only one i ever plan to.

ludwing
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Randy said on NECA's twitter that a fourth series will depend on sales and other plans they have for the Terminator franchise...i'm pretty sure it's T1, maybe they announce something at SDCC. Everybody wants a Kyle Reese figure, and they could make a couple of version: Tech noir, police station,final battle..not to talk about the terminator himself. And also, they could still continue working on T2 line.The biker cop T-1000 with submachine-gun from the highway scene and the steel mill t-1000 (with donut head) are a must.

Batfreak
06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
when the hell are we gonna see T1000 in stores? they shoulda been out by now....are we gonna have to wait till fall before we see them? the wait is getting rediulous.

Idpullthecurtains
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I would love to see T1 figures. But what I would love more is the T2 T-800 on the Harley. That would be the Big Daddy of the collection.

Platty
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I've saw them on a few websites over here in the UK, ebay included.

Can't wait for SDCC, it's pretty obvious we're going to see some new Terminator stuff from Neca is is not?

I'd actually love it if they came out with a 12" Cyberdyne figure.

Other stuff to expect from Neca at SDCC though is Assassins creed 2 and Splinter cell figures so even if they don't come out with anything terminator i'll be happy!

a-dev
06-10-2010, 12:22 PM
You could try e-bay or www.buyforlessonline.co.uk , which is the website I bought the cyberdyne and final battle figures from. I recieved them today. They were shipped Monday. Not bad! Same speed as play. They have the Neca series 3 figures, including the T-1000's.

I've gotta say I was expecting the cyberdyne to be the best of the lot but the final battle really has stole the show. Awesome figure. It captures his look perfectly. Not to mention you get the spare head that can go on the McFarlane T-800 body. I know i'm late to the party in saying all this but for whatever reason I hadn't bought them before now!

I think i'm gonna hold off on the T23D figure as i'm not too into the look. As maulfan says, their just milking it, so I think I can hold off for now. The Steel Mill can also wait as I have the mcfarlane version now which is adequate.

The T-1000's come first. I need them!! Gonna look awesome next to the small army of T-800's.

I always thought you had already done the headswap onto the McFarlane figure but how could you without having the Final Battle figure.

Hows the paint on yours? Any of the usual warping of the minigun and grenade launcher?

Platty
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Grenads launchers yes, minigun no! Was made up with the mini gun on mine, as I was really expecting it to be warped. It's perfect. The paint on the cyberdyne head was a little off though, no paint on the lips and the hair was a bit of a mess. Easy touched up, though.

Final battle figure was perfect. I did my usual little touch ups on the fully battle damaged head though. Just painted a little flesh over the blood on the face, makes it a bit more accurate.

Made up with the figures.

a-dev
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah I don't think I got a single M79 that wasn't bent. I wish they wouldn't insist on having them over the T-800s shoulder in the package, the warping was bound to happen. And the twisty ties tended to be responsible for crushing the gun-barrells of the mini-gun - yet I didn't see why the Twisty ties were necessary at all. The blister part of the packaging retained everything in place just fine without them.

MaulFan
06-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Randy said on Twitter that the sales of Series 3 of T2 will affect other plans they have Terminator. He also said they might have something to tell at SDCC.

That's stupid, Series 3 is probably going to be the weakest selling of the 3 waves, only one Arnie that average consumers will care about and T-1000, a T1 line would be just Arnie figures.

I'd be curious to know how T1 is received by younger generations, I'm in my twenties and I find a lot of the heavy 80s qualities of it to be bizarre, I wonder what someone in their teens thinks of it. T2 has a more timeless quality to the clothes and situations, there's not too much you couldn't see in today's society.

Platty
06-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah I don't think I got a single M79 that wasn't bent. I wish they wouldn't insist on having them over the T-800s shoulder in the package, the warping was bound to happen. And the twisty ties tended to be responsible for crushing the gun-barrells of the mini-gun - yet I didn't see why the Twisty ties were necessary at all. The blister part of the packaging retained everything in place just fine without them.
Yep. We can't really blame the way they have it packaged on the figure on the cyberdyne figure though because the M79 with the final battle was slightly bent as well. That's just packaged in the tray. The cyberdyne M79 was definitely more bent though.

The twisty ties that were on the minigun were thinner than the ones you normally get, for example the one holding the actual figure in place. Maybe that helped. As you say though, totally not needed. It's always been part of taking figures out of packaging though so in a strange way I kind of like them :lol

a-dev
06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
T2 has a more timeless quality to the clothes and situations, there's not too much you couldn't see in today's society.

T2 has one of the very worst kinds of mullet though. Very eighties.

a-dev
06-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Those very 80s songs of T1

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkyiiamZZew&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkyiiamZZew&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wyr7rDVNIRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wyr7rDVNIRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlOY8eIiH8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlOY8eIiH8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MaulFan
06-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I have both the Tech Noir songs as part of my T1 soundtrack playlist, I like them. The music doesn't really bother me, but some of the clothe look very bizarre to me, I was too young in the 80s to really notice or remember how folks dressed, plus I'm from small town USA, not a place like LA which I'm sure had a far different look from suburbia.

Teamcerberus
06-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I think in general the film quality of T1 looks so different from the rest in the series. You can see the lower budget just in the lighting. To me that (and the hair) dates it worse than anything. Then again, T1 was about people's fears of computers and machines in the 80's, so the time is an important factor. It just wouldn't be the same if it was "timeless".

Buttmunch
06-10-2010, 10:05 PM
CSC is supposed to get these in by at least Tuesday, though it could even be tomorrow. :yess:

Darth_Fatso
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
That's stupid, Series 3 is probably going to be the weakest selling of the 3 waves, only one Arnie that average consumers will care about and T-1000, a T1 line would be just Arnie figures.

I'd be curious to know how T1 is received by younger generations, I'm in my twenties and I find a lot of the heavy 80s qualities of it to be bizarre, I wonder what someone in their teens thinks of it. T2 has a more timeless quality to the clothes and situations, there's not too much you couldn't see in today's society.

I'm also in my 20's (24 to be exact) and I hated the styles of the 80's and early 90's (big hair or mullets and neon colored clothes :monkey4) but despite that, I actually think the 80's look and feel goes perfect with T1.

DARK-SIDE
06-11-2010, 01:34 AM
s3 T800 on the way.
and I want to see a 3rd 12inch figure from NECA T2.
tankman,plz do it !!!

Idpullthecurtains
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
does anyone know of any good stands that work well for NECA figures?

Platty
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah they keep falling over don't they. I just put a bit of blu tac under his feet

crazypredator2
06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

the old mcfarlane round stands work perfect for neca's 7 in. termintor figures.

a-dev
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm also in my 20's (24 to be exact) and I hated the styles of the 80's and early 90's (big hair or mullets and neon colored clothes :monkey4) but despite that, I actually think the 80's look and feel goes perfect with T1.

Well it looks and feels fine because T1 was not only made but is also set in the 80s. Those were the fashions of the time so they are not in any way out of place. I don't consider the looks of either Arnie or Michael Biehn to be that rigidly 80s. Hairstyles like they had are very commonplace in any decade really. Their clothes might seem 80s but they did steal those from 80s Los Angeles people. So everything is really as it ought to be.

Batfreak
06-13-2010, 10:01 PM
im getting really bummed out here....what the hell is up with the release of series 3? i thought it would be out by now, but so far nothing, not even on ebay really. is there a release date for this series?

a-dev
06-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Frustrating isn't it. I'll probably have my HT sarah connor before these start showing up at normal retail.

DiFabio
06-13-2010, 10:24 PM
All these chinese auctions are really starting to piss me off. It doesn't bother me that they haven't hit yet I can wait. It's just that the amount I'm seeing from those ____s is ridiculous and sickening. It literally disgusts me.

There's dozens of them too. MOC and loose. Not the UK, not Canada, not America no where else but china. I know they're made there but I'm wondering if some of the workers are just taking the things off the assembly line. That would explain the missing parts.

a-dev
06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Have any new pics turned up that haven't been posted yet? Not that theres any part of these figures we haven't seen by now.

DiFabio
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Nope. Hopefully these start hitting everywhere by next month.

Buttmunch
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
I already told you guys (in the NECA T2 thread), CSC expects to have them by Tuesday. So if that is correct, I should have mine before the weekend :D

So I imagine the rest of these are on that same boat so I'd expect them to start hitting later this week or early next week.

a-dev
06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I already told you guys, CSC expects to have them by Tuesday. So if that is correct, I should have mine before the weekend :D

BBTS better not pull a HT T-800 on me with these.

Valfar
06-13-2010, 11:20 PM
This guy got his.

Looks good to me, i will get this whole series i think since i only have BD T-800 and will be picking up the Cyberdyne showdown version if i can find one with decent paint.

That Jack Sparrow looks horrible in that pic, way worse then my Series 2 TCOTBP non-smile version.

Today I got some more action figure packs! Jack Sparrow and the cop in Terminator(T1000). Apparently the cop is selling very fast!

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae135/PRINCIPLEMAJESTY/004.jpg

Platty
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
That looks ace. Just hope the T-1000 isn't taller than the T-800

Hope you get lucky with the paint on your Cyberdyne Valfar. I didn't, it wasn't too great comnpared to the other figures. I bought it offline though so I couldn't have looked if I wanted to! It was nothing a little touch up didn't fix, though.

Batfreak
06-14-2010, 10:49 AM
wait, a 2 pack? where are they selling 2 packs with t1000 and POTC?

DiFabio
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
wait, a 2 pack? where are they selling 2 packs with t1000 and POTC?

What? I don't think NECA is selling T2/POTC 2 packs. I think that guy just happened to get both of them.

cr`
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
our stores here in asia has got them in. picked up both version of t-1000 along with jonah hex and lilah yesterday. great figures(lilah, not so much). you just have to be very selective with the paint app. got the best out of the bunch, and it's still sloppy.

the battle across time/steelmill arnie are useless.

Voorhees27
06-14-2010, 09:25 PM
our stores here in asia has got them in. picked up both version of t-1000 along with jonah hex and lilah yesterday. great figures(lilah, not so much). you just have to be very selective with the paint app. got the best out of the bunch, and it's still sloppy.

the battle across time/steelmill arnie are useless.

Can you post some pics of the T-1000's?

cr`
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
sorry it's not more in focus, but here's mine:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/seeyanwng/IMG_0118.jpghttp://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/seeyanwng/IMG_0119.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/seeyanwng/IMG_0120.jpg

this i was not at all expecting, so props:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/seeyanwng/IMG_0121.jpg

be patience guys. these figures are really worth the wait. kyle windrix just make the best 7" figures around. i have more kyle windrix figures in my collection than anything else by any other sculptors. this guy knocks it out of the park everytime(unless of course, whenever neca cheapens out and goes with z-grade factory). and i could always do without those patented ugly elbow joints. cut joints or bust for windrix figures!

cr`
06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
and when you got your figure, check out the bottom of his right shoe. i thought that's a cool minor detail to add. :) you can guess it, but i'm not telling.

MaulFan
06-15-2010, 03:28 AM
What about the pointing hand weren't you expecting?

Toni Plutonij
06-15-2010, 03:51 AM
He probably didn't expected it to be there.

nicky
06-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Need the 12" T-1000s to accompany the 12" T800s.

Platty
06-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Those T-1000's look insanely nice. Paint looks great from what I can see. No warping of the hook arms or pointing finger, either.

Neca look to have stepped it up.

Series600
06-15-2010, 08:38 AM
cr' means the liquid metal stretching up under T-1000's lifted heel... for balance.

theycallmejay
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
The 80's were awesomely ridiculous; minus the whole mullet extravaganza that took place. As for Arnie in T1, I loved the
punk rocker-esque outfit he was decked out in. None too subtle,
but bad-ass nonetheless. That version of Arnie would be an awesome addition to the NECA line of figures.

Being the fan that I suspect he is, I'm sure Tankman would be all over that sculpt in a heartbeat; given the boss-man gives the go ahead. Got my fingers crossed this way, let me tell ya'.

I'm a huge fan brother Windrix. You make all us dorks proud.

theycallmejay
06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Sweet. This is an amazing sculpt of RP as the T-1000. No surprise that the Tankman has nailed it once again. I noticed in a previous thread that someone had suggested the Biker Cop version of the T-1000. That would be an awesome addition, no doubt about it.

thenammagazine
06-15-2010, 12:59 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/184539417_e26c242a88.jpg

:monkey3 I keed, I keed. :p

DiFabio
06-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Stop trolling nam, it's against the forum rules.:nana:

villainsfan42
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/184539417_e26c242a88.jpg
:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

OWNED! :clap

Buttmunch
06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
CSC got theirs in an hour ago. Start shipping tomorrow. I should have mine Friday :yess:

snoop101
06-15-2010, 05:07 PM
CSC got theirs in an hour ago. Start shipping tomorrow. I should have mine Friday :yess:

:yess::yess::yess:

Voorhees27
06-15-2010, 10:27 PM

That was quick, congrats! I can't wait to get these sommbiches.

a-dev
06-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I ordered the liquid metal version via Forbiddenplanet.com tonight.

Buttmunch
06-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Mine has officially shipped and will be here Friday as predicted! :yess:

Voorhees27
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I ordered the liquid metal version via Forbiddenplanet.com tonight.

Very fair price, compared to Evilbay. I want this one too.

Idpullthecurtains
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Very fair price, compared to Evilbay. I want this one too.

Its the same price at play.com but with free shipping!

Series600
06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Sweet. This is an amazing sculpt of RP as the T-1000. No surprise that the Tankman has nailed it once again. I noticed in a previous thread that someone had suggested the Biker Cop version of the T-1000. That would be an awesome addition, no doubt about it.

I was one of them. I also want a T-1000 split body, and Frozen T-1000 variant(compared to the liquid metal variant of this third series). I also just bought two liquid metal T-1000's online and can't wait for SDCC so they can be shipped.

Platty
06-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Should have used play.com a-dev

Batfreak
06-17-2010, 05:34 AM
so websites are getting these in but not retail? or does the fact that websites are starting to ship these out mean that these appearing at retail wont be too far behind? FYE so far has been the place to get these figures for me, and TRU always sells out very rediculously fast. priority for me is the 2 T1000 figures, and then maybe that non-BD final battle arnie. and then i hope to find that liquid metal T1000 on ebay sometime in july after SSCC.

PharOOO
06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
I was hoping these figures would be at my local comic shop yesterday but unfortunately they weren't. My local comic shop has a direct account with NECA so they generally get figures a few weeks before other retailers however this time it's not the case.

Batfreak
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
im guessing now maybe we'll see these sometime in july, cuz that is when that SDCC figure is gonna be released, maybe the other figures will be at retail by that time.

A.L.I.E.N
06-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Predator is kinda my thing now, but a few months ago! DAM! :lol

a-dev
06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
What happened to you? You used to be someone I could trust.

PharOOO
06-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Looks like an eBay seller from PA has put up auctions for series 3 with in hand pictures. Hopefully that means by next week, retail shops & online stores will have them in stock too.

Buttmunch
06-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Just got my set today (literally 2 minutes ago). Just to confirm, the Steel Mill T-800 DOES have the bandolier.

Voorhees27
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Just got my set today (literally 2 minutes ago). Just to confirm, the Steel Mill T-800 DOES have the bandolier.

How bout some pics? :impatient:

Platty
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Would love to see pics buttmunch, especially the steel mill

MaulFan
06-18-2010, 05:35 PM
I think I'm just going to order the wave at some point, not sure I want to bother chasing these around.

Buttmunch
06-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Fheew. I thought I had two dud T-1000s for a minute. Neither's feet would allow him to stand. Then I figured out his feet have side to side movement. I had at least one NECA figure in the past who was too warped from the packaging to stand, so I was afraid both my T-1000s were like that. But nope. They're fine.

Although I may still have an issue with the Galleria T-1000. He comes with 2 right hands, 2 left hands, and 1 pointy finger right hand. Both of the normal right hands are different, but both of the left hands seem to be the same. They are both trigger finger hands. No 'walking' hand like the right side. :(

Pics later tonight. Please remember I'm not Maulfan though ;)

a-dev
06-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Cool. When you can it'd be great to see Arnie and T-1000 standing side by side to put to bed any doubts about the T-1000 possibly being taller...which he ought not to be.

Buttmunch
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Ok, I figured these guys deserved good pics so I used my parents' Rebel instead of my cheap-piece-of-crap camera.

First up the T-800s.

Steel Mill

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4344/img0439h.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7091/img0440ai.jpg

Steel Mill vs Final Battle

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1793/img0441t.jpg

Battle Across Time

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1355/img0442ng.jpg

BAT and others

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1126/img0443z.jpg

T-1000 and T-800

And here is a line showing T-800 is taller. Please note I lined up their left legs on the line of the floor to help put to rest any doubts of of them not being side-by-side.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6159/t2heightcomp.jpg

And I know you guys want this one:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7103/img0449ry.jpg

Buttmunch
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Now the one you've been waiting for!

T-1000 Galleria Mall

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7448/img0445l.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5960/img0446z.jpg

Pescadero Hospital

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5712/img0447gv.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4443/img0448nf.jpg

Mix 'n Match Time!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9089/img0451ra.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5131/img0452cr.jpg

Cop stand off with a pedaphile

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2932/img0453ax.jpg

And side by side again

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8813/img0454x.jpg

I think that covers most requests.

a-dev
06-18-2010, 09:19 PM
And side by side again

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8813/img0454x.jpg

Thanks Buttmunch, that was quick. Usually when I get new stuff its a while before I take the time to post pics. That settles the height worries, they look just right. T-1000 is shorter but not by much which I believe is accurate.

But seriously looking at that pic I couldn't help but ask how it has taken almost 20 years to get 2 figures like that. Not T-800 with launching missile and capture claw, not T-800 with overdone battledamage, not T-1000 with a mix of different battledamages from different parts of the film - just T-800 and just T-1000, as they appeared at their most iconic in the film.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 06:37 AM
How easy or not is it to swap the hook arms on the Galleria figure?

Voorhees27
06-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the pics, munch. I think he turned out very good.

DiFabio
06-19-2010, 08:29 AM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1126/img0443z.jpg

I don't know why but for some reason this picture reminded me of the Terminator 2 pinball machine that I played as a kid.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/t2/terminator2_1.jpg

Great pics Buttmunch. I really can't wait to own both T-1000 figures and the rest of the wave.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 09:46 AM
How easy or not is it to swap the hook arms on the Galleria figure?

Its very easy. The arms swap out very easily, but have no problem staying plugged in. I've noticed the right hand on the Galleria figure can pop out quite easily, but it will still stay put.

And all of the heads except the exploded one swap out easily too. The exploded one's hole seems a little small so you have to push on it with a bit more pressure to get it on. But the problem is there really doesn't seem to be a good spot on the head to push. Its nice solid plastic so the flaps of the head don't seem to bend with pressure, but I still don't feel like its the best place to pressure. So I try to push in the middle of the head. But really other than that , all of the parts are easily swapable.

It really makes me want to get a few more to have mix and matched parts permanenly. I just wish the Pescardeo version game with a normal head too as I feel you'd need more Galleria heads than bodies to have more mix and match options.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking of maybe mixing to get:

- Galleria
- Galleria bullet hits (like after the T-800 unloads the shotgun on him)
- Pescadero split head (full, not reassembling)
- Pescadero clean head (like when he's chasing the squad car with the hook arms)

So I think 2 of each covers that.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 10:29 AM
But you'd need a third Galleria for the clean head. Thats the same problem I'm facing.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Ahh, yup, oh well, toss out the body or keep it around for spare parts.

It's really too bad they're probably never going to make a Sarah for this line.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 10:39 AM
The other bad thing is the T-1000s are each 3 per case and the T-800s 4 per case.

So thats 4 BAT, 4 SM, and 3 Galleria, and 3 Pescadero. At least that is what CSC was reporting (and hense why no singles of the T-1000s available on their site).

Even though I'd probably never really switch them, I think it is cool to think the SDCC Chrome version will have all the same interchangable parts as the Galleria. It would be cool if they included a colorizing head/arms though instead of just all the extra hands. It would be kind of cool to have him in mid transformation.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Well that's ordering it by the case. just try stores or eBay for singles.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I'll probaby just wait for TRU/FYE to get these in to get my extra T-1000s. Hopefully we make those T-800s peg warm and the T-1000s do so well NECA will make more of him and get the point they are done with T2 T-800s. The BAC really pushed the limit IMO.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 10:45 AM
NECA's all about maximum use of sculpts and molds, that's why the BAC figure, that'll probably warm pegs but it took little to make so they did it. Same with Steel mill. They're making every possible T-800 they can off the core parts used to make them all. Unfortunately, T-1000's looks don't lend well to recycling, they've done about as much as they can without all new molds and sculpts.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 10:58 AM
We'll a Biker version would require all new molds. But a Steel Mill could reuse the Galleria upper body at least. Pescadero if they really want to milk another version. Just include a donut head with the steel mill version(s) and I think many would be happy.

But the 2 T-1000s here are really only the same from the waist down. Different heads, different torsos, and different arms. Only the shoulder to the elbow are the same on the upper body. So really a Steel Mill wouldn't be so difficult as they'd just switch out the lower body instead of upper body. The Biker is really the only iffy figure right now I think, but if they could squeeze out a frozen version, that would up their profits on the mold. And his arms switch out already about the same spot as where he broke them off.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4923/dsc01676.jpg

If we are lucky enough to get a Biker version and we don't get a frozen version, I'm going to see if I can bribe Seb into making me a frozen version since he is so good with snow effects.

And I just realized, that we really only have one T-800 figure that can go with these T-1000s. Only the Pescadero T-800 is screen accurate to go with these guys. After Pescadero, they only met as grey T-shirt and Biker/Biker pants. So really we deserve more T-1000s to go with the 76 T-800s they gave us after Pescadero! :lol

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, other than gloved hands a repainted tshirt and new head, Cyberdyne T-800 is identical to Pescadero. I'm glad for the fullness of the line, but it does suck a bit how redundand some of the figures can look fortunately the T-800s have enough extras to make them look different enough.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, but instead of each figure being 100% new, we got a LOT of variations of him. Which is good. I really can't think of any other T-800 variation they (or we) couldn't make from the parts we already have. I guess there is the nude arrival, but I don't think that would go over well at Toys R Us. SDCC maybe? :lol

But even then, there are still quite a few new bits (up until series 3) with each T-800. Even if it wasn't new body parts, it was accessories. I know the T-1000 has traditonally not sold as well as T-800s, but I'd really love to see just 2 more T-1000s made before they are through. Biker and Steel Mill. I'd feel more or less complete at that point. It seems for just a little more work they could pump out at least 2 more figures it would be worth it. Sure the reuse wouldn't be as worthwhile at the T-800, but its not a total wash.

New sculpt, head to toe:
T-1000 Biker Uniform with helmeted head.

And then mostly jsut Reused parts after that:
Steel Mill (biker legs, Galleria torso, new or reused head)
Frozen Biker Uniform (just a Biker repaint)
Steel Mill v2 (biker legs, Pescardeo torso, new or reused head)
Final Battle (biker legs, new blown up torso/head)

The Final Battle is covered fairly well by Mcfarlane, so they might not do that, but I think the others are legit variants along the lines of the T-800s.

Series600
06-19-2010, 12:03 PM
They could also add "glitch" body parts... Black and yellow striped hand, steel floor feet. Not to mention that the SDCC Exclusive also serves as Steel Mill fight when T-1000 shoves T800 into the gears.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm not saying they're not legit, and I'd love to see them, but good news bad news, NECA also seems to have some real fans driving the line and we're not likely to get figures that aren't pretty true to how and when a look shows up in the movie. Pescadero, Cyberdyne, Man or Machine, Final Battle, Steel Mill, they all are exactly as he looks and is equipped for the specific scene it's meant to represent. T-1000, Galleria and Pescadeor both are quite scene specific. NECA's really demonstrated a good understanding of the film with these figures.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Not to mention they also gave the T-1000 the holster on the left side. I think Sideshow made that correction last minute on theirs, but never gave him a left trigger hand for it :slap

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, the thing is, he fires right and lefty, lefty in the mall, righty in Pescadero, so it can work both ways.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 01:07 PM
You guys aren't going to belive this but I just found series 3 at FYE. So I got the last version of each T-1000. No arnies sold yet :lol

Platty
06-19-2010, 01:15 PM
The T-1000's look awesome man, cheers for the pics buttmunch.

Gonna pass on the Arnie figures for now. T-1000's will be ordered soon!

Batfreak
06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
man the T1000 looks awsome standing with the arnold terminator, cant WAIT for this guy to hit stores. so noone has seen this yet at retail right? ppl have only gotten these from online stores so far?

Cobra King
06-19-2010, 05:50 PM
man the T1000 looks awsome standing with the arnold terminator, cant WAIT for this guy to hit stores. so noone has seen this yet at retail right? ppl have only gotten these from online stores so far?

i just picked up all but 1 at my local toys r us store

Batfreak
06-19-2010, 06:19 PM
what about FYE? anyone seen them there?

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 06:44 PM
what about FYE? anyone seen them there?

Yeah, I posted earlier that I found them there today! So now I got my 4 T-1000s :yess:

Best news is this Galleria T-1000 had the 'walking' hand I was missing from my first one!

a-dev
06-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Unless you count stripping the Cyberdyne showdown T-800 of his gatling gun and giving him only the grenade launcher as a unique 'look' I could only devise 1 other 'look' not represented by the 6 T-800s NECA have released - the SWAT shootout

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/IMG_1734Small.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/IMG_1735Small.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/IMG_1733Small.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/IMG_1736Small.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Terminatorscreengrabs110.jpg

Its possibly my favourite little custom. It includes:

- any set of non-BD legs
- a final battle torso
- cyberdyne showdown arms&hands
- a final battle bandolier reorganised to have 4 grenades in it
- an extra bloodied phase 1 BD head also from the Final battle figure
- cyberdyne showdown's grenade launcher
- man or machine's pistol

So its like the new Steel Mill figure but with non-BD hands and a non-BD knee because that damage wasn't sustained until the climax of the Liquid Nitrogen tanker chase.

Most of my other multitude of T-800 figures I bought simply to use for different mini-scenes once NECA made the T-1000. I didn't change their looks beyond a change of pose, weapon or head.

Voorhees27
06-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I posted earlier that I found them there today! So now I got my 4 T-1000s :yess:

Best news is this Galleria T-1000 had the 'walking' hand I was missing from my first one!

Hey what does FYE stand for?

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey what does FYE stand for?

For Your Entertainment

It's a mall chain store in the States, their primary sales are music and movies, but they also have some things like action figures, posters and other sorts of novelty stuff to cater to the more eccentric shoppers. Good place to find NECA stuff.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
For Your Entertainment. The ones around here are actually stand alone stores, not the mall type. Basically its Media Play with a different name. When my Media Play went under, this replaced it about a month later. Same locations same stuff. Don't know why they had to go out of business, sell off all of their displays, etc only to reopen again a month or two later :cuckoo:

And yeah, I guess the SWAT shoot out is about it. Maybe the face with a little less damage, but more than any of the non-BD heads? But that part is what, 30 seconds? Well, it would give them an excuse to make a series 4 with at least 1 T-800 :lol

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Actually, the main difference between SWAT and Steel Mill is the number of grenades on the bandolier, as it's before all the shots at the nitrogen truck, and the exposed Endo knee, as that damage comes as he's rolling off the truck at the mill. Also, it would come with the smoke grenade luancher, which would be cool, I really hope HT gives us that weapon with some figure, the shot of T-800 coming through the doors with the smoke surrounding him is one of the coolest still frame moments in the movie.

Batfreak
06-19-2010, 07:16 PM
awsome! glad to hear that they have been found at FYE. that store tends to have them in stock, most collectors go straight to TRU and i could never find these figures there. but FYE tends to have them.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
So ya think we can get NECA to make 1 more wave with that SWAT Shootout T-800? :naughty

Biker Cop T-1000
Steel Mill T-1000
Swat Shootout T-800
Frozen Biker Cop variant? Steel Mill BD variant? Liquid Metal Biker Cop variant? :dunno

They are $17.99 at FYE by the way. Little more than TRU, but still cheaper than online.

a-dev
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Actually, the main difference between SWAT and Steel Mill is the number of grenades on the bandolier, as it's before all the shots at the nitrogen truck, and the exposed Endo knee, as that damage comes as he's rolling off the truck at the mill. Also, it would come with the smoke grenade luancher, which would be cool, I really hope HT gives us that weapon with some figure, the shot of T-800 coming through the doors with the smoke surrounding him is one of the coolest still frame moments in the movie.

We are of like minds. I do miss that smoke grenade launcher from my custom and I agree thats a cool few frames in the film. I think they appeared in trailers.

The chest is probably a little over-damaged to be completely accurate to the scene, I'm sure some of the Final Battle's chest damage was stuff that occurred when the T-1000 rammed him with the steel girder (sp?)..but I find it acceptable enough. I don't think I overbloodied the face, I specifically watched the scene when making that custom and with the face wounds being fresh there was a lot of blood trickle which isn't there later on.

a-dev
06-19-2010, 07:25 PM
So ya think we can get NECA to make 1 more wave with that SWAT Shootout T-800? :naughty

Having done what I've done the only way I would find it a must-buy would be if it included the smoke grenade launcher.

MaulFan
06-19-2010, 07:27 PM
I think in terms of what shows, the abdominal damage was the same from the SWAT scene on, I think the main affect of the smashing in the mill was to flatten him and give an excuse for his odd look with Arnie hiding his arm behind his back in the jacket.

cr`
06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Although I may still have an issue with the Galleria T-1000. He comes with 2 right hands, 2 left hands, and 1 pointy finger right hand. Both of the normal right hands are different, but both of the left hands seem to be the same. They are both trigger finger hands. No 'walking' hand like the right side. :(

i think that's a factory mistake that you got. mine has two different right hands and two different left hands, one walking hand and one with trigger finger.

and i'm all for the biker cop and the frozen version. i think that hasta la vista moment just has to be immortalized.

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
i think that's a factory mistake that you got. mine has two different right hands and two different left hands, one walking hand and one with trigger finger.

and i'm all for the biker cop and the frozen version. i think that hasta la vista moment just has to be immortalized.

Yeah the one I got at FYE today had the correct walking hand. So I definately got two of the trigger hand with my first one. CSC is looking into getting a correct hand for me though :rock

Buttmunch
06-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Here is how I've finally settled on my T-1000s for the moment.

1.) Galleria head/arms on Pescadero body aiming pisol w/ left hand (ala Mall hallway fight)

2.) Galleria figure with pointy right finger, well, pointing.

3.) Pescadero figure with exploded head.

4.) Galleria body with healing head and hook arms. Really would like to get an extra Galleria head for this though.

shanghei
06-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I got t-1000 today at fye, I have never been more impressed with a figure in my life.

snoop101
06-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I got t-1000 today at fye, I have never been more impressed with a figure in my life.

Hot Toys.:wink1:

shanghei
06-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Hot Toys.:wink1:

6"-7" action figure

Matt S
06-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Ok, found the whole wave at TRU - there were 3 of each Arnuld, 1 each of T1000

Neca: please tell me you didnt pack this one per case each? If so, you are knuckleheads!!!!!

Matt S
06-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Good news: this wave has officially hit retail! Found them all at TRU. Bad news: the super awesome T1000 appears to be shortpacked 1 per case (each version)....Found 8 figs at my local TRU: 3 of each Ahnuld (mill factory and battle across time) and 1 each of the T1000....argh

Batfreak
06-21-2010, 09:02 AM
found series 3 at FYE, 17.99? wow that is steep, i forgot how expensive these are. i only want to 2 T1000's, but i didnt have the cash so i had to stash them behind a twilight poster (should be pretty safe there lol). if they are still there i'll probably get them tomorow. but they looked awsome though!

shanghei
06-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Ok, found the whole wave at TRU - there were 3 of each Arnuld, 1 each of T1000

Neca: please tell me you didnt pack this one per case each? If so, you are knuckleheads!!!!!

how much are they at toyrs r us

a-dev
06-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Jeez they really don't have much confidence in the T-1000s ability to sell itself. Just 2 figures (3 if you count the repainted chrome galleria) compared to 6 T-800s and shortpacking them. I guess the chances of Sarah and John coming out of this line really are zero.

Matt S
06-21-2010, 10:26 AM
how much are they at toyrs r us

$13.99 Plus tax

The silver one is a SDCC exclusive? Is that correct?

Batfreak
06-21-2010, 11:00 AM
oh man ill have to check my TRU!

and yes the silver variant is an SDCC exclusive.

Matt S
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks.......................

necronomic
06-21-2010, 02:43 PM

I understand you the likeness is perfect

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_21c2sfFKqC0/S3hU3w3o9dI/AAAAAAAAC48/csFeC1yKl34/s1600/IMG_7805.jpg

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/T2_T1000-Sideshow-hs.jpg

SPOT ON! :panic:

PharOOO
06-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Is it twisted for me to want the T-1000 as much as my Hot Toys T-800?

Matt S
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Is it twisted for me to want the T-1000 as much as my Hot Toys T-800?

Not at all! I am the same way....also, I am glad the NECA line exists at the same time as the HT one - we get the best of both worlds

MaulFan
06-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Precisely, if you're a big T2 fan, there's a wide variety of cool products rolling out right now. This properly has lacked hefty collectible representation of the humans, a lot of Endo stuff and of the humans, a heavy Arnie focus, but between NECA and HT we're getting a nice variety of the human characters, which I prefer, I don't need a ton of Endo pieces, it feels to redundant after a while.

PharOOO
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, I've been totally supporting NECA by purchasing all their T2 products including the Cult Classics Endoskeleton, multiples of Series 1 and 2, the 12 inch figures, and 18 inch Endoskeleton. Of course, when Series 3 hits, I'll buy multiples of the T-1000 & 1 of each of the T-800s. Of course with Hot Toys, the price tag is much higher than a $15 NEVA figure. However, I did buy the T-800. If they make a T-1000, I'll get that too. If I could get Sarah for around the $100 price-range, I'd pick her up too.
Now, if only NECA & Hot Toys would also do "The Terminator" figures, I'd be in Terminator paradise!

a-dev
06-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't call it a perfect likeness, theres too much distance between the eyes and mouth. The nose is too long. However it definitely captures the essence of RP as T-1000. No mistaking those ears! Speaking of the ears am I right to suspect that he had them stapled back a bit? I just don't notice his ears anymore in anything hes done recently yet in T2 they're a distinguishing feature.

MaulFan
06-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I wonder if he had something done to them, that or just wears his hair fuller, they weren't nearly as noticeable on the X-Files.

NECA's sculpt is really nice, but of the two, I think the likeness is stronger on the T-800.

thenammagazine
06-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Notice the single post above, not the consistent rant over, and over and over. ;)

Batfreak
06-21-2010, 03:46 PM
someone should take the mcfarlane sarah connor (with long hair) and do the "call to john now" scene and post it here.

Buttmunch
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Send her to me and I'll be happy to ;)

Yeah, now that you guys mention it, RP's ears don't seem to stick out as much now. I've seen him on both the X-files and the Unit and never noticed them come to think of it.

And yeah, to me, there is nothing wrong getting both NECA and HT products. I mean HT's stuff is probably the best representation of the characters you can get, but NECA can do things HT can't like the T-1000's hook arms blending seemlessly into his uniform. I'm sure HT will find a way for it to look good, but NECA's will always be a bit closer to what it actually looks like in the film because the figure is made in all 1 material like the T-1000 technically was.

Matt S
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Had that figure, and just dumped her years ago....luckily I had the sense to keep 1 of each Mcfarlane endo variant carded....they still look sharp AND have the original NECA Endo carded - that base is sooooooo awesome

Batfreak
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
there is nothing at all wrong with that mcfarlane sarah connor. the sculpt is great and the detail is superb. the ariculation could be improved though. i used to have all 3 versions, but i decided i only wanted the "final battle" version with the long hair and now that we got a proper T-800 and T-1000, she now comes in handy.

snoop101
06-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Precisely, if you're a big T2 fan, there's a wide variety of cool products rolling out right now. This properly has lacked hefty collectible representation of the humans, a lot of Endo stuff and of the humans, a heavy Arnie focus, but between NECA and HT we're getting a nice variety of the human characters, which I prefer, I don't need a ton of Endo pieces, it feels to redundant after a while.

So do all the arnold figures to be honest. Thats why im glad to finally see some cool representations of the t-1000. I always hated the fact that my terminator display has about 15 arnolds and no villains, but neca is pretty much taking care of that and hopefully HT will too.

Buttmunch
06-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Had that figure, and just dumped her years ago....luckily I had the sense to keep 1 of each Mcfarlane endo variant carded....they still look sharp AND have the original NECA Endo carded - that base is sooooooo awesome

The endos had variants?

mattman6886
06-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Didn't realize these were out until reading the thread about an hour ago. Then I rushed to the mall and picked one up! Great likeness by Neca standards. Kinda bummed that the wrist peg on mine's regular right hand broke off when I took it off, but I was planning on displaying it with the needle finger anyway, as I think it displays nicely next to the endo arm arnie.

some quick pics:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mattman6886/IMG_1884.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mattman6886/IMG_1881.jpg

displayed with 1:1 bust by Howard Senft:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mattman6886/IMG_1892.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mattman6886/IMG_1889.jpg

Matt S
06-21-2010, 07:58 PM
The endos had variants?

Minor difference with their chest/stomach area - one had a longer plate that came down further - it was later corrected or vice versa....its a somwhat minor, but definite physical variant

a-dev
06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah, now that you guys mention it, RP's ears don't seem to stick out as much now. I've seen him on both the X-files and the Unit and never noticed them come to think of it.

If 3 of us haven't noticed RPs ears being quite as sticky outy as they used to be I'd say we could be right and he had them surgically modded...or Maulfan's suggestion that he keeps his hair fuller on the sides than he had it in T2. I probably would have been self conscious about it too if my ears were like that, and yet for the T-1000 I wouldn't change them. Wierd sticky out ears are part of that character.

some quick pics:

He looks good. Not a bad paintjob on that one.

a-dev
06-21-2010, 08:22 PM
there is nothing at all wrong with that mcfarlane sarah connor. the sculpt is great and the detail is superb. the ariculation could be improved though. i used to have all 3 versions, but i decided i only wanted the "final battle" version with the long hair and now that we got a proper T-800 and T-1000, she now comes in handy.

I still have all 3, surprised I was able to find them all, this was before i started shopping online.

The problem with the hair-down version is the pose is just too neutral to properly represent Sarah in the steel mill - plus McFarlane never provided that shotgun she uses - a shame considering they made the donut head T-1000 and also a shame because it seems unlikely Neca will make a Sarah Connor with this shotgun, what with their conservative outlook on even the T-1000 (making only 2 and shortpacking them in the cases)

Batfreak
06-21-2010, 08:30 PM
i was wondering if there was a way to take the "donut head" from the mcfarlane T-1000 and put it on the body of the normal neca T-1000. anyone think this can be done?

a-dev
06-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I doubt it'd be as easy as a straight swap but the neck lengths look compatible at least and the head sizes are probably close enough to each other.

Neca's T-1000 probably has a ball-joint inserted into its torso like the T-800. You'd either have to remove it and merely lay the McFarlane head on there (which could be impossible to do without destroying the figure...thereby rendering the whole operation pointless) or hollow out the McFarlane T-1000s neck to wrap around the neca balljoint.

I'm definitely looking into it when I get mine. I want a more accurate donut head with no torso battledamage and also the galleria T-1000 head on the McFarlane body would make for a good recreation of Sarah Connors last stand against the T-1000 in the steel mill, where she almost knocks him into the molten steel.

Buttmunch
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you'd also need to swap the biker boots on him, which wouldn't work with the NECA legs anyway.

scarbrs
06-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Went out to FYE here in Gurnee. they had both 1000 and 800rds. They were nice but 16.99 i wait for the 12" ones.
What was with the 800 battle thou time is that just a repack type deal.

Series600
06-21-2010, 11:45 PM
I doubt it'd be as easy as a straight swap but the neck lengths look compatible at least and the head sizes are probably close enough to each other.

Neca's T-1000 probably has a ball-joint inserted into its torso like the T-800. You'd either have to remove it and merely lay the McFarlane head on there (which could be impossible to do without destroying the figure...thereby rendering the whole operation pointless) or hollow out the McFarlane T-1000s neck to wrap around the neca balljoint.

I'm definitely looking into it when I get mine. I want a more accurate donut head with no torso battledamage and also the galleria T-1000 head on the McFarlane body would make for a good recreation of Sarah Connors last stand against the T-1000 in the steel mill, where she almost knocks him into the molten steel.

That is something I plan on trying. The way I see it, the only movie-accurate part of the McFarland's T-1000 is the pretzel body, therefore I won't mind it at all if my attempt at removing the head destroys the connection to the original torso of donut head as long as I can find some way to attach it to NECA's T-1000 torso. I didn't have trouble attaching NECA's extra T-800 partial battle damaged head from final battle to the McFarland's body. Otherwise, I say bring on the extra T-1000 heads.
Also, if there will not be a 4th T2 series with the figures I want, I plan on modifying an extra Galleria T-1000 into Split Body T-1000 from torturing Sarah in the steel mill

Matt S
06-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Picked up the T2 wave 3 version of Ahnuld: Battle across Time...while the plasma rifle accessory makes no sense, this figure seems to have a much nicer glasses sculpt in this scale...first version with glasses does not hold up...otherwise they look identical

a-dev
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah, you'd also need to swap the biker boots on him, which wouldn't work with the NECA legs anyway.

That wouldn't bother me too much, if I was photographing the donut head onto Neca body custom I'd only capture it from torso up. The regular patrolman's trouser legs would be tolerable....the whole custom of course would be rendered pointless if NECA then made a steel mill T-1000 with a donut head.

That is something I plan on trying. The way I see it, the only movie-accurate part of the McFarland's T-1000 is the pretzel body, therefore I won't mind it at all if my attempt at removing the head destroys the connection to the original torso of donut head as long as I can find some way to attach it to NECA's T-1000 torso. I didn't have trouble attaching NECA's extra T-800 partial battle damaged head from final battle to the McFarland's body. Otherwise, I say bring on the extra T-1000 heads.
Also, if there will not be a 4th T2 series with the figures I want, I plan on modifying an extra Galleria T-1000 into Split Body T-1000 from torturing Sarah in the steel mill

Removing the donut head from the McFarlane won't be a problem, its just a boil&pop scenario. The connector is probably attached to the donut-heads neck which would leave an empty socket on the mcFarlane body. No destruction there at all. What I was referring to was the attempt at removing the ball connector from out of the NECA body. If the T-800 is anything to go by this will be impossible without literally carving up the figure to free it. I know this because I did it. When putting the Neca T-800 head on the McFarlane T-800 body I didn't want to simply sit the Neca head in place, I wanted to transfer the whole balljoint mechanism across so that it would stay in place and be articulated like the NECA figures. This worked but not without having destroyed beyond use the NECA torso. The same could be true of the T-1000. Putting the NECA head onto the McFarlane body would be easy but not the other way around.

a-dev
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
How are the sunglasses nicer? I guess I haven't studied the pics of this figure but certainly on my few glances at it I didn't notice anything different.

MaulFan
06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Picked up the T2 wave 3 version of Ahnuld: Battle across Time...while the plasma rifle accessory makes no sense, this figure seems to have a much nicer glasses sculpt in this scale...first version with glasses does not hold up...otherwise they look identical

Pretty sure T-800 takes a plasma rifle from an Endo in T2:3D.

snoop101
06-22-2010, 03:44 PM

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Matt S
06-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Ok, Duh on my part...was that the name of the Universal show: Battle Across Time - ? If so, My geek is not worthy.....seen it twice, but years ago...!

The glasses on the first Ahnuld figure just look really awkward - like they dont fit the face right and on mine, kinda had a weird bend to them - almost like goggles.....it seems improved this time - looks to fit the face better

DARK-SIDE
06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
here's steel mill T800,really nice one~~!:thud:

Batfreak
06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
well i got my 2 T-1000's today, they rock! i dare say, they seem even better then the arnolds, but not mky much. all of them are incredible, im just amazed at the detail. only gripe i have is the right hand gun holding hand is a little loose when its on but other then that, SO glad to finally have these!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4168/imga0938l.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/imga0938l.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6144/imga0940.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/imga0940.jpg/)

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3305/imga0941.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/imga0941.jpg/)

PharOOO
06-22-2010, 06:07 PM
gohastings.com has the NECA 12 inch versions of both T-800s on sale for $22.49 for any one that's interested. Also, if you use coupon code GOHAST20 that'll knock off an additional 20% taking the figures all the way down to $18.00. I just ordered 10 figures for a bunch of the guys I work with. lol
Enjoy!

MaulFan
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Since we're seeing the T-1000 show up and getting a mix of photos of the T-1000 and T-800 figures, I've merged the T-1000 thread into the NECA T2 thread so that way there's no, which thread should I post in, anything to do with this line can just go here.

Batfreak
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
ok, so i actually attempted to take the mcfarlane donut head and try to make it combatible with the neca body. i didnt take the peg out and glue it on another body, thats too much work and too expensive. i decided to have it just be another variant head, i drilled a hole in the bottom of the head useing a screw gun, then took a knife and scraped the bottom out bit more. its not perfected yet, and the mcf head is just a wee bit smaller then the neca one, but this is what i got so far and im pretty happy with it so far. prolly gonna make the whole a bit deeper so it reaches the neckline proper.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4941/imga0942v.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/imga0942v.jpg/)

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1879/imga0945y.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/imga0945y.jpg/)

Buttmunch
06-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Not bad. You'd need the motorcyle boots on him too though to make it film accurate. At least the Mcfarlane figure is perfect for the exploded torso look. :yess:

NO2X_
06-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Hello guys! Sorry im new here and unfortunately I can't read everything in this topic.

I have one question. Does NECA is planning to make a T-1000 12"? Any official info or rumors?

a-dev
06-23-2010, 09:18 AM
There have no announcements about that. I'm thinking 'no'. In any case....don't think we need one now.

NO2X_
06-23-2010, 09:31 AM
There have no announcements about that. I'm thinking 'no'. In any case....don't think we need one now.
Thank u so much!

ye, probably you're right indeed. Soon we will have the great 12" T-1000 from HT :yess:

PharOOO
06-23-2010, 10:51 AM
It is 2 different markets though. The crowd that will buy the NECA T-1000 won't buy the Hot Toys' T-1000. Case in point, the half a dozen guys that work in my office all have some version of the NECA's T-800 figure but would never think of spending $150 for a Hot Toys figure. There is definitely a need & a market for a NECA 12 inch T-1000.

NO2X_
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
PharOOO,

Sure, that's it. But wait... If there's two different T-1000 I'll go with the best one anyway. I don't need spending some money for the NECA's T-1000 couse I can take better. It's only about me :) I was very interested in NECA's 12" T-1000 before but now HT shows us much better version of this character. I'm not a big fun of HT production but at this time they re looks so interesting.

a-dev
06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah on second thoughts I'd still take a NECA 12" to cover the Galleria look at 1/6th. Anything that can cut down otherwise massive expenditure on multiples of the HT figure to achieve different looks simulataneously. I mean as it is I'm allowing myself to contemplate 3 Hot Toys T-1000s...maybe even pushing to 4. Thats just ridiculous amounts of money though :gah:

a-dev
06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
i drilled a hole in the bottom of the head useing a screw gun, then took a knife and scraped the bottom out bit more. its not perfected yet, and the mcf head is just a wee bit smaller then the neca one, but this is what i got so far and im pretty happy with it so far. prolly gonna make the whole a bit deeper so it reaches the neckline proper.

So is the McF neck long enough? If you make it reach the normal neckline do you think it will look natural and not like his head is scrunched into his shoulders?

necronomic
06-23-2010, 03:20 PM
sry for double post

necronomic
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4168/imga0938l.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/imga0938l.jpg/)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mattman6886/IMG_1884.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6144/imga0940.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/imga0940.jpg/)

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3305/imga0941.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/imga0941.jpg/)

Looks exactly like Robert Patrick in T2, spot on likeness.[/QUOTE]

I hope NECA made a 12" of this, but im sure they made :yess::yess::panic::panic:

Now we need only John Connor in 7" scale and Sarah Connor in 12"

Anyway 18" figures were much better, but i cant have everything i want. :monkey2

Series600
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
ok, so i actually attempted to take the mcfarlane donut head and try to make it combatible with the neca body. i didnt take the peg out and glue it on another body, thats too much work and too expensive. i decided to have it just be another variant head, i drilled a hole in the bottom of the head useing a screw gun, then took a knife and scraped the bottom out bit more. its not perfected yet, and the mcf head is just a wee bit smaller then the neca one, but this is what i got so far and im pretty happy with it so far. prolly gonna make the whole a bit deeper so it reaches the neckline proper.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4941/imga0942v.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/imga0942v.jpg/)

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1879/imga0945y.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/imga0945y.jpg/)

ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Could you post a comparison pic of those two heads?

Macularius
06-24-2010, 05:50 AM
I went to FYE two days ago. They said somebody came in and bought all the T-1000's! I was royally PO'd. Then we walked across the hall to their sister store (don't remember the name honestly) and they had multiple arnolds too, and one battle damaged T-1000 (which I of course bought..). Gonna check more FYE's in my area for the galleria shootout version.

I can't believe they only put these one per shipping box ::)

theycallmejay
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Series600,

That's pretty damn impressive bro. Well done. Not to steal your ideas, only simply to borrow, I may do the same with mine once I get my NECA versions shipped in.

theycallmejay
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Since these Terminator figures have been released, and being the uber-fan that I am, I've bought these guys in doubles sometimes triples. One for display and one for pristine packaged condition. As I expect the value to rise over the years, I'd save another for a future ebay auction. Is that strange, or is it just the process of a die-hard Terminator/T2 collector?

Buttmunch
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Nope, thats just strange. I die-hard terminator collector wouldn't sell.

theycallmejay
06-24-2010, 04:22 PM
That's a good point.

PharOOO
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I have about 6 of the Pescadero T-800 ( 1 loose, 5 MOC ) and the reason I purchased so many wasn't because of future resale opportunities. It was simply because I'm such a fan of the excellent sculpt.
Today I went to my local comic shop & picked up both versions of the T-1000. They are both on my desk as I type this post. The sculpt is amazing! The paint applications could be a bit better but they're fine overall. The T-1000 definitely deserves buying a few multiples of also.

Blade3327
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I went to FYE two days ago. They said somebody came in and bought all the T-1000's! I was royally PO'd. Then we walked across the hall to their sister store (don't remember the name honestly) and they had multiple arnolds too, and one battle damaged T-1000 (which I of course bought..). Gonna check more FYE's in my area for the galleria shootout version.

I can't believe they only put these one per shipping box ::)

FYE, that's a great idea... I've got one nearby. Maybe when the new Preds come out, that'll be a good secondary place to get NECA stuff, the primary of course being my local TFAW.

Boba Ben
06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I bought a regular T-1000 for $13 at Toys R Us today. The first one I went to was missing both T-1000 figures, but I lucked out the second time.

Voorhees27
06-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I bought a regular T-1000 for $13 at Toys R Us today. The first one I went to was missing both T-1000 figures, but I lucked out the second time.

You Yanks are so lucky ........... nothing but slim pickin and scalp shops here. All the TRU's here carry garbage .............. almost nothing NECA. I'll have at least 2-3 more weeks before my LCS gets these .......... and at almost double your price :(

Matt S
06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
You Yanks are so lucky ........... nothing but slim pickin and scalp shops here. All the TRU's here carry garbage .............. almost nothing NECA. I'll have at least 2-3 more weeks before my LCS gets these .......... and at almost double your price :(

Yeah, that is super frustrating.....why does this stuff have to hard to find overseas alll the time?

Buttmunch
06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I guess it just depends on how/who is importing them. :dunno

What I've never understood why some people thing an 'imported' figure should cost more. All toys are made in China right? Aren't they all already imported figures? :lol

I do feel for you guys though. Distribution of stuff isn't always fair.

theycallmejay
06-25-2010, 03:24 AM

I feel your pain. I won't see those guys until August. I got my local comic shop guy to order me a case of those f__kers, because the last two series disappeared off the shelves. And like your TRU, ours doesn't carry anything worth buying, especially when it comes to NECA. A couple of stray Twilight figures, but that's about it.

Macularius
06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I guess it just depends on how/who is importing them. :dunno

What I've never understood why some people thing an 'imported' figure should cost more. All toys are made in China right? Aren't they all already imported figures? :lol

I do feel for you guys though. Distribution of stuff isn't always fair.

The companies that have them made there are centralized in America, though. That's why things are so much easier to find here.

JGouse0498
06-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I saw the new wave at my local TRU tonight. I think the T-1000s are so hard to find because there's only one of each version in each case as opposed to 3-4 of the two T-800s. The Pescadero one looked great, but the paint apps on the Galleria version left a lot to be desired.

a-dev
06-25-2010, 05:38 PM
BBTS have finally got these in, T-1000 is so far not available there individually though.

DiFabio
06-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, I got mine today. I bought one of each figure. I would have picked up more T-1000s but my Toys R Us only had one of each.

Very impressed and disappointed at the same time. Everything was fine until I saved the best for last.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=12041

The regular T-1000, my most anticipated figure was broken in the package. As soon as I took it out the arm popped out at the shoulder. I looked in side the joint and the pegs snapped I guess. I plan on getting more so for the time being I just put the regular hand and arms on the Pescadero body.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=12042

I was kind of pissed but it's not like I can't get my money back. So other than that I'm impressed with these 4 figures. Here's how they add up.

Galleria T-1000

Easily the best figure of the wave. If the arm didn't break I would be showing much more enthusiasm here. The paint apps are great and the sculpt is fantastic. The figure represents the character perfectly. The parts swap out smoothly and like they're supposed to. It took me a few seconds to pop out the forearms and swap them.

I have some nitpicks though. The left hand that grips the pistol is COMPLETELY useless. I don't know if its because the ball joint is too small or what but it is really, really loose. It just wobbles there. None of the other hands do that from what I tried.

The holster for the gun also feels like its going to come off the belt at any second.

Pescadero T-1000

The headsculpts are great, the damage to the torso is fantastic and those hook arms are very nice. I love the look of it and I think the regular head on that body looks better than the regular version.

NECA completely botched the nice headsculpts though. The split head, something I was really anticipating does NOT fit on the ball joint properly. It just sits there and that gap is exposed. Kind of like the initial pics on ebay. You can't press it down all the way.

One small nitpick is the "healing" reforming split head. I love the paint applications (especially those eyes) and the sculpt but that seam is really distracting. You can tell they just glued two parts together and called it a head.

Steel Mill T-800

I was really surprised with this one. Surprised that I like it. The one I picked has the perfect paint. At first I thought I'd be bothered by the right arm not extending all the way up like the Mcfarlane figure but once you get the pistol and grenade launcher in his hands with his head turned it looks good.

Absolutely no complaints. They weathered the jacket and pants even more which is a nice touch.

Battle Across Time T-800

Meh. This one feels cheap, like its a Mattel figure or something. It's a neat idea and I like the fact that the T-800 finally got his "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range" but it just feels cheap too me. The headsculpt is worse than the original Pescadero thanks to the crappy paint apps on the face and the joints just feel loose and rubbery.

Too many releases perhaps?

I don't know. It may seem like I don't like these but that's not the truth at all. The broken arm on the T-1000 was a bummer but other than that these are really good. I'm definitely going to go nuts on the T-1000 for all the different variations so the fun isn't over yet.

Great line. I think it will do well and if NECA continues I REALLY hope they make a Biker T-1000, a Steel Mill T-1000 (retooled from the Biker and Regular Galleria) and a frozen Biker T-1000 (also retooled).

Then Punk 1984 T-800 and Police Shoot Out T-800, then I'll be set. John Connor (kid and general), Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese would be nice additions.

theycallmejay
06-25-2010, 06:57 PM
The regular T-1000, my most anticipated figure was broken in the package. As soon as I took it out the arm popped out at the shoulder. I looked in side the joint and the pegs snapped I guess. I plan on getting more so for the time being I just put the regular hand and arms on the Pescadero body.

Then Punk 1984 T-800 and Police Shoot Out T-800, then I'll be set. John Connor (kid and general), Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese would be nice additions.

Dude! That's a real bummer, man. It's also half the reason I pick up two or three versions of each figure in the NECA Terminator line.

Aside from the fact that the sculpts are outstanding and worthy of a second purchase, the unfortunate flip-side is that the Quality Control Department over at NECA often lacks in consistency.

I too have had the occasional arm, or leg pop off at the slightest movement, or just by taking it out of the package, for that matter!
The Kill Bill line was a disaster in that regard.

Hopefully, the hard working manufacturing folks overseas will up the ante in the future. Until that happens, it looks like we may have to suffer through the occasional spontaneous dismemberment of these fine figures.

What a drag.

theycallmejay
06-25-2010, 07:05 PM
That aside; you can't go wrong with a few T1 figures on the peg, can you?

A good series one would be a T-800 just after he get's the punk rocker fatigues, a Kyle Reese and a Sarah Connor.

Personally, I'm a strong advocate of the Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese figure for the simple fact that he hasn't had any treatment as a quality action figure yet, if any at all.

Buttmunch
06-25-2010, 11:35 PM
MMS 01 or 02 was Kyle I think. T1 kicked off HT's movie series really.

And if we aren't getting a Sarah in T2, there is no way we'd get the whimpy T1 version. Too girly.

Voorhees27
06-26-2010, 06:57 AM
MMS 01 or 02 was Kyle I think. T1 kicked off HT's movie series really.

Yes, the very first "MMS" figure HT's released was indeed Kyle Reese.

theycallmejay
06-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Jesus. Damn near forgot about the "MMS" version of Reese. I was thinking along the lines of a 7" Kyle we can get our mitts on.

MaulFan
06-26-2010, 09:47 AM
If NECA does T1, I see it being only T-800, maybe Reese but probably with a vague likeness.

Buttmunch
06-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks good :D

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/NECA/10_SDCC_Exclusives/T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg

Link to pic:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=NECA%2F10_SDCC_Exclusives&pic=T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

I wish we'd have gotten a colorizing head and arms though instead of all of those hands just in silver. I mean its great they just didn't give us a silver figure and no accessories, but it would have been nice to get ones that added to the figure as a whole. I know the gun shouldn't be all silver, but it will keep his look consistant at least at not have it standing if they kept it black.

I'm glad to see he still has a shine too. I was afraid he might just end up a flat silver.

Idpullthecurtains
06-27-2010, 01:12 AM

I wish we'd have gotten a colorizing head and arms though instead of all of those hands just in silver. I mean its great they just didn't give us a silver figure and no accessories, but it would have been nice to get ones that added to the figure as a whole. I know the gun shouldn't be all silver, but it will keep his look consistant at least at not have it standing if they kept it black.

I'm glad to see he still has a shine too. I was afraid he might just end up a flat silver.

Buttmuch, your photo isnt working :(

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 06:37 AM

Yup, big relief, I worried that he might end up looking like just a silver figure, which would have been lame, he should pull off the desired effect nicely. If only they'd do this at 12", maybe if the SDCC release is a smash enough.

I won't be using the extra hands or gun, just keeping him standing as is right in the package there, like he's walking out of the fire, and to be true to his limits, he couldn't reform his gun, he'd have to pick up a new one, though for that matter, I don't know how he still kept a working radio, but that's permanent in the sculpt so I'll live with that.

Buttmunch
06-27-2010, 07:46 AM
OK here is a link to the pic then: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=NECA%2F10_SDCC_Exclusives&pic=T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

We never actually saw the T-1000 use the radio right? So maybe it just wasn't functioning? :lol

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, when he shows up at Dyson's house, the Cyberdyne call comes in over the radio. He doesn't use it, and that's the only time for sure you can tell it's comes from the walkie, there's chatter when he first becomes officer Austin, but that could be coming from the car too.

Voorhees27
06-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Whats the best price for that exclusive? Ebays prices are a joke.

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Find someone going to the Con who might be able to pick one up for you and mail it.

I've never followed NECA con pieces until this year, but I don't think they'll be sold anywhere but their SDCC booth, maybe someone with past SDCC NECA experience could chime in.

Series600
06-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Well, when he shows up at Dyson's house, the Cyberdyne call comes in over the radio. He doesn't use it, and that's the only time for sure you can tell it's comes from the walkie, there's chatter when he first becomes officer Austin, but that could be coming from the car too.

In the DVD commentary James Cameron states that he specified in the script that T-1000 carried a real radio in his (liquid metal self) belt. We also know that "can't form complex machines, guns and explosives have chemicals, moving parts, it doesn't work that way...". Also picking up the Pescadero guard's gun... I loved the idea in the original script that he pretended to place it in a locker, but actually placed it inside his torso. That's beside the fact, but Cameron always specified(even if it was not noticed) that extra things(gun, clips, radio) had to be picked up, being unable to replicate them.

Platty
06-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I might pick up a few of these from play.com and send them to some fellas abroad who want them, don't know why but they are available on a few retail sites over here, is it not the same over in the US?

MaulFan
06-27-2010, 09:03 AM
They might have special arrangements for non-U.S. locations, but I'd imagine in the states, they're trying to keep it exclusive to the Con booth. Again, I'm not familiar with how NECA handles con pieces though, I don't know if they'll put excess stock up at stores somewhere sometime or what they'll do.

Matt S
06-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Whats the best price for that exclusive? Ebays prices are a joke.

Doesnt NECA always put the con exclusives up on Amazon for those not going? I've gotten several previous exclusives that way

Buttmunch
06-27-2010, 09:22 AM
They might after the con with left over pieces, but I don't think they offer them to non-attendees before or during the con.

In my expierience, the NECA booth wraps around itself twice on preview night with a line. Its a little busy on Thursday morning, but after that you can just walk right up. But I didn't need anything NECA last year so its been two years, so things may have changed since then. But generally NECA's stuff isn't too hard to get as long as you show up to the booth in the first day or two. I'm hoping to knock them out preview night or Thursday at the latest just in case.

Mattel is my first real stop. Mattel is always a nightmare and I'm hoping a more limited preview night this year will help with that. I just can't praise Sideshow enough for their system of SDCC exclusives. I can just pick them up on my way out the door preview night :yess:

a-dev
06-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Chaps, I've ordered my SDCC T-1000 here:

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=t-1000

Seditionary
06-27-2010, 05:04 PM
I really want a battle damaged t-800. I'm thinken about buying a steel mill and sticking the final battle head on it.