Most Dead On Star Wars Character Made Into a Statue or Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mrichards2002

Hi Everyone,

In your opinion, what do you think is the most dead on accurate resemblance of a Star Wars Character made into a collectible? It can be a 3 Inch figure (which we all know isn't the case), any Toy, Statue, Bust, etc.

In my opinion I think the Attakus Salacious Crumb Statue (Salacious by Himself), is identical to Salacious Himself after watching the DVD and pausing it. Incredible, dead on resemblance.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

re

From those busts that I currently own, I'd have to say the deluxe stormtrooper is perhaps the most accurate representation of that character. Infact, I'd even so far as to say that the Boba bust is up there, too.

Re: re

pic15.jpg

The problem for me is when you have to reproduce fur or human features, the creatures generally are ok (Chewy can be rough sometimes) but robots etc, are always a safe bet.

Gaz do you have the Boba bust? I dont have it but from the looks of it, it looks to be one awesome bust!
I need to get me a Stormtrooper deluxe bust.

I would like one too, I was about 5 minutes too late at the closing of my local comic store - - - it sold for $25! :thud

re

Looking at that statue of Crumb, I really hope GG go ahead with their plans for making a bust of him. :eek

The GG Boba Fett bust is great.

The Vader II Attakus statue is superb as well. Maul Attakus is dead on.

Humans are tough but the Sideshow pieces look promising so far...

re

Gaz do you have the Boba bust? I dont have it but from the looks of it, it looks to be one awesome bust!

Viking, yep, he's definitely one of, if not, the best bust they've released thus far. Vader is probably in the running for that accolade.

Well I guess I'll place him on my list as one to try and find.

How do you guys like Grand Moff Tarkin the likeness looks pretty good from pictures?

re

Boba and Vader are the ones to really aim for if you've yet to get them, along with the clone troopers; those will shoot up in value when the new guys emerge IMO. Already the red and blue ones are easily fetching $300+ on eBay.

I will be able to answer that question about Tarkin when mine arrives from Mike in the next few days.

Tarkin coming from Bob along with Greedo, which looks pretty dead on too! :banana

Greedo is well done from GG. I like the Legends 3D Bust better myself. It's much bigger than the GG and they include a flyer with the bust which shows you how it was made. Pretty cool how they used spikes for the back of Greedo's head. I have to scan it and upload it for you to see.

I agree that the human characters are much harder to create than the driods/troopers. Attakus did a real poor job on the Luke X-Wing Statue. Everything about the statue is awesome except Luke's face (Yuk). Hopefully the Luke Jedi statue will be better.

Mike
:ted

A couple items recently have been really amazing. The Sandtrooper on Dewback just blows me away everytime I see it. Also it is just easier like has been stated to make a character doesn't have a human face. I think the Dooku bust is good as well as the Grandmoff by GG. I also have to say I was very impressed by the Sideshow Han Solo even before they tweaked it when it was at SDCC last year.

The Sandtrooper on Dewback just blows me away everytime I see it.

Ditto, but I think the hardest statues to reproduce are, like someone mentioned before the human ones, you can see the sculpting talent of a company by analyzing their human faces, the non-humans, like boba, stormtroopers, robots, etc are easier to sculpt. These are some examples of human faces that I think are very well done:

- Grand Moff Tarkin Bust
- Count Dooku Bust
- Luke bust

Re

Greedo is well done from GG. I like the Legends 3D Bust better myself. It's much bigger than the GG and they include a flyer with the bust which shows you how it was made. Pretty cool how they used spikes for the back of Greedo's head. I have to scan it and upload it for you to see.

Anything Greedo is the best:rock

And Im not just saying that cause Im bias :naughty

Re: Re

I am still kicking myself on the whole Stormtrooper/Dewback statue, I saw one at Disneyland of all places for $249, granted that's retail - but a good price for what they are now! :thud

Well perhaps the reason most of the non-human characters work better is that they either come from CG work to begin with, or they are easier to scan as masks, etc. :dunno

I am jazzed to get the Grand Moff bust though, and I have the Luke X-Wing which isn't too bad. Question though for those who have the SDCC Luke/stormtrooper bust, it looks like the exact same head as the X-wing bust, is this so?

Still trying to track me down a Greedo, I have had amnay a helping hand thru board members's but something always happens ( Thanks anyway Greedo, one of these days lol) I'm cursed with those damn things ... :p So anyone still having one PM ME!!! lol

I have to say the Boba Bust is amazing and so is the Legands Boba...dead on is so hard.... Anything GG has done that is not a human charactor has been dead on in my take of them.

Vader is amazing and the Storm Trooper's just rock

The Koto Boba Fett is really nice too, probably my fave of the line (or at least of what I have seen).

Back