HT Batman Robber Suit - Smell?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I just got my first Hot Toys figure some days ago and it's the TDK Batman.

After I opened him I was overwhelmed by his rubber smell. Go figure, it's kinda smelling cool, but the problem is, if he stays in a room the complete room smells like rubber after some hours!

He's brand new and I suppose the rubber smell will vanish over time, but right now I can't display him like I want to because of his "odor".

Can anyone of you, who has his Batman already some time longer, tell me how long it'll be until his rubber suit won't smell as strong anymore?

I'd appreciate your help :peace

Can anyone of you, who has his Batman already some time longer, tell me how long it'll be until his rubber suit won't smell as strong anymore?

I'd appreciate your help :peace

It just has to gas out on its own. Temperature, humidity and other conditions will impact the time it takes, so I doubt anyone can say for sure.

You don't like the "new Batman smell"?

This thread is funny! I just received TDK Batman today but I got it second hand and also noticed it had a weird rubber smell....unlike BR Joker, V1 Joker and Harvey Dent which I already have...but the smell isn't bad where the whole room stinks. This is really an awesome figure, hope you enjoy it man!

I honestly don't remember mine smelling all that strong. The only one that did stink badly was the Takara. Not quite like marker pens but similar.

haha weird, i havnt noticed any real strong smells with any of mine, and i've got em all, i much rather hate the old musty/tobacco smell of the militaria in the room where my figures are

I don't have my TDK Batman, yet, but my Alien 3 smelled so bad, it gave my wife a headache. I put it in another room to air out because several people said it would eventually go away.

BTW
I am in the US but haven't received my Hot Toys TDK Batman from Comicsupply.com. I had to pre-pay months ago. Recently, as I saw other places like BBTS get theirs, I sent messages to Comicsupply.com, but no response, yet. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad? BBTS is great, but the price was higher.

Thanks!

no, the smell can't spread and effect all over the room

unless you got a nose like a bloodhound or something.

i never noticed much more than that old familiar fresh toy plastic smell, like the old star wars figures back in the 70s.

unless you got a nose like a bloodhound or something.

i never noticed much more than that old familiar fresh toy plastic smell, like the old star wars figures back in the 70s.

100% agreed, and it didn't last long. An hour or two after all the plastic was opened. Even if that.

Do people never open their house windows or what? do they live in sealed rooms or what?

My house windows are always usually open daily and I've never had any extreme odor smells off these figs. Nor am I sitting sniffing it. So I don't know how or where people are coming to these conclusions.

As I said before the only one that was strong but it wasn't toxic and never gave any sickening feeling or whatever you want to describe it. Was the Takara, it roughly lasted a day. Most of the smell came from within the packaging than from the suit itself.

i had the same problem with my hot toys dog alien my room smelt of rubber for a week - 2 weeks, the smell does go though you just gotta wait!:lol

I never got to like those with rubber content all because rubber polymerize in time. The rubber become sticky and cracks in due time. I just try to collect stats as much as possible.

Back