Boot Warning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroJow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy, folks! Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone concerned about keeping their toys in dead mint condition even though they've been taken out of the box & displayed...

Last night, I discovered that the boots on my Episode IV Han Solo had merged with the paint on the figure stand. So I checked out a few others and the same thing had happened with Bespin Luke, Pradji, and several of the Jedi. The only one I freed was Episode IV Han and now he has silver paint all over the bottom of his boots. And the base is FUBAR.

But at least I know exactly where to place Han's feet when I put him back into the display...

- MJ

Howdy, folks! Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone concerned about keeping their toys in dead mint condition even though they've been taken out of the box & displayed...

Last night, I discovered that the boots on my Episode IV Han Solo had merged with the paint on the figure stand. So I checked out a few others and the same thing had happened with Bespin Luke, Pradji, and several of the Jedi. The only one I freed was Episode IV Han and now he has silver paint all over the bottom of his boots. And the base is FUBAR.

But at least I know exactly where to place Han's feet when I put him back into the display...

- MJ

Seems to be a fairly common occurrence.

Yea, it's common. I think it is the silver paint. It never dries 100%. Glossed boots will stick to it.

I wonder will a thin layer of oil beneath the boots cope with this issue.:cool:

Last edited:
I always wondered why British food tasted so bad. :lol

Come over to the UK, I'll give you something to eat that's a bit tasty.

Whenever I'm obliged to go abroad I always take my own food in sealed containers because whatever foreign ^^^^ing ^^^^hole I find myself in the food will inevitably keep me sitting on the ^^^^ter for three days. Our food may not be a ponce's delight but at least we don't have germs in england like they do abroad.

I actually think the stands look good with the paint scuffed up. The weathered appearance fits in with the SW universe.

Just went and checked mine and all are okay....but I have most of my figures display in stances that utilize the edge of the stand or just have one foot on them...but I did make sure they were posed with the feet off the silver paunt.
thanks for the heads-up everyone...

Back