• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade WETA LOTR Statues!! ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OriginalMoxie

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Attention all LOTR nerds!! I don't know anything about your forums, so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area. I'm sure you will let me know. :)

Here's the deal:

BACKGROUND INFO:
I am a poor starving musician (well...almost) who has a life-long dream of owning a Steinway piano of my own. Naturally I prefer Steinway, but we will see what else I can come up with. My idea is to start with this paper clip here and trade it for ANYTHING of equal or slightly greater value (except for cash). The relationships I form and trades I make are all part of my journey.

TRADE HISTORY:
Journey began 5/23/07
1) Traded paperclip to Desiree Droste for a #2 pencil (met at Chick-Fil-A - 5/25/07)
2) Traded #2 pencil to K. Reza Sarvestani for Crime and Punishment (met at Barnes and Nobles - 6/5/07)
3) Traded Crime and Punishment to Christopher Ray Bergstresser for an orange and tan hunters hat (met at Southern Adventures - 6/1/07)
4) Traded orange and tan hunters hat to Victor Robertson for an old 4GB iPod mini (with low battery life ~20-30 minutes) (met at Books a Million - 6/8/07)
5) Traded iPod mini to Danielle Mazur for a complete snare drum set (never actually met; received drum by mail - 6/20/07)
6) Traded snare drum set to Liz Graham for 5 ft x 3 ft painting (met at Liz's apartment - 6/21/07)
7) Traded painting to Miguel Diaz for 40 inch DLP TV that intermittently turns itself off (met at my apartment on 9/14/07)
8) Traded 40" TV to Micah Butler for like-new digital camera (met at Walmart parking lot - 10/19/07)
9) Traded digital camera to Kyle Morneault for black Peavey bass guitar and Steve McNair rookie card (met at JC Penny on 03/08/08)
10) Traded bass guitar and Steve McNair rookie card to John Mason for Tippmann paintball gun set (met at Walmart parking lot on 03/15/08)
11) Traded paintball gun set to Timothy Spires for trombone set (met at Calhoun Community College on 07/10/08)
12) Traded trombone set to Jim Wilson for 3 LOTR statues (met at the Boeing Jetplex on 02/11/09)
13) AWAITING NEXT TRADE PROPOSITION

I have 3 brand new (still in box and never opened) limited edition LOTR (Lord of the Rings) statues from Sideshow/Weta. They are very cool and are up for trade!

The statues retail as follows:
Gandalf the White on Shadowfax (Figure, 9336) - $350
The Morgul Lord (Witch-King) (Figure, 9338) - $350
Sauron, the Dark Lord Figure (Exclusives, 9341) - $400

The limited edition numbers are as follows:
Gandalf: 956/8500
Morgul Lord: 4139/9500
Sauron: 3043/9500

If you want these figures, simply message me with something of equal or slightly greater value that you would like to TRADE for them! All trades will be considered and the best will be taken! Good luck.

Re: FREE WETA LOTR Statues!! ...sort of

A new member can list items that they want to Buy or Trade in the WTB/Trade part of the Commerce area, so I will move the thread to that section.
They do not have access to the For Sale section but can use WTB/Trade area if used correctly.

After that it is up to the existing members if they choose to deal with an new member who's first post is to trade.
x :peace

Edit: I will also adapt the thread title to reflect it is a Trade and not 'FREE statues'.

Last edited:
Okay peeps,

This is the Commerce section, if you not interested in a Trade, move along and let the thread disapear to oblivion
Thats assuming from their last post the OP is no longer interested.
Thanks

Not sure who finally modded this thread to be civil, but "thank you." It's not very nice to pick on the new guys. I'm sure you run many a would-be nerd off with "meanness." Anyway, anyone interested in these collectibles? I just want my piano. :)

:rotfl:rotfl Man wants his piano! awesome trade story man...all that ^^^^ true with the dates and all?...

Not sure who finally modded this thread to be civil, but "thank you." It's not very nice to pick on the new guys. I'm sure you run many a would-be nerd off with "meanness." Anyway, anyone interested in these collectibles? I just want my piano. :)

While speaking of civility, it is not nice to repeatedly call people 'nerds' on a forum you have just joined.
If you refrain from doing that, you might get a better response and there will be less 'modding' requred'.
Just an observation.

Last edited:
:rotfl:rotfl Man wants his piano! awesome trade story man...all that ^^^^ true with the dates and all?...

Yep sure is! Pretty exciting, for sure! I was hoping it would go faster, but my trades have been exclusively through Facebook so far. I listed the trombone on craig's list but it didn't work. This is the only other non-facebook thing I've tried to get an item moving.

While speaking of civility, it is not nice to repeatedly call people 'nerds' on a forum you have just joined.
If you refrain from doing that, you might get a better response and there will be less 'modding' requred'.
Just an observation.

OH! Haha, this is truly a mistake! I was under the impression that "nerds" were PROUD to be nerds! The "nerds" (I'll call them that for now) that I know insist on being called nerds. Obviously this tainted my view of other ... well ... geeks? *grins* Hey, I'm an engineer...you think I'm normal? lol.

I'm now officially bummed. I thought these statues would attract a lot more attention than they have so far. Anyone interested in helping out my trade situation?

i have some limited edition marvel mighty muggs set of 10 i'll trade you for your gandalf on shadowfax. :naughty

Sounds neat. One thing is that these must trade all 3 or none at all. It's a "set" if you will. So, got anything to add to your Marvel Mighty Muggs set to bump up the total value of the trade?

Back