"Classic GI Joe" TPB's now available in stores

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Books a Million (big book store like Barnes & Noble) earlier tonight and they had Volume 1 of IDW's new series reprinting the original Marvel comics. The first TPB collects issues 1-10 and is $19.99. Just thought I'd give a heads up that you can pick up them up in stores if you want to cherry pick a mint copy and not bother with shipping charges through Amazon. I'll definitely be picking these up.

13967250283_big.jpg

I'm digging the new IDW comic series. I picked up issue 0, 1, and tonight the Adam Hughes "Baroness" Incentive cover of issue #2.

Baroness_trap_01b.jpg

I think IDW is a great comic company, along with zenescope. I'm collecting less Marvel these days.

This hopefully means we can now read the marvel issues #21 and #26-27, affordably, which were IMO some of the best comics to come out at the time they were released. That moment in issue 21 where we see that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have the same Arashigage Tatoo is classic.

I still have issues #1-#78. I haven't read them since about 1992. Might have to get them out in honor of the movie. After re-reading them, I may just say screw the movie. YO JOE!

I was at Books a Million (big book store like Barnes & Noble) earlier tonight and they had Volume 1 of IDW's new series reprinting the original Marvel comics. The first TPB collects issues 1-10 and is $19.99. Just thought I'd give a heads up that you can pick up them up in stores if you want to cherry pick a mint copy and not bother with shipping charges through Amazon. I'll definitely be picking these up.

13967250283_big.jpg

I've owned that same TPB for like 10 years now. :confused:

I saw the ad for the new classic GI JOE in the new IDW comic series, so I'm guessing that maybe these are being republished/reissued by the IDW press, maybe with some "remastering" of the original print. Just speculation on my part, but I don't think a comic company would advertise somebody else's printed material in their books.

This is what they say on their website: "The classic Marvel Comics G.I. Joe gets new life in this first collection of must-have Joe stories! This action-packed volume collects the classic G.I. Joe issues 1 to 10."

I've owned that same TPB for like 10 years now. :confused:

I *think* (not 100%) that IDW might have better color in their reprints than the last time these were done. I know its a little confusing because not only are they reprinting the original Marvel series 10 at a time, but they're reusing the same J. Scott Campbell art for the covers as well.

If the coloring isn't any better than those of you who picked up the first set of TPB's can just wait until Volume 6 of the current run.

I *think* (not 100%) that IDW might have better color in their reprints than the last time these were done. I know its a little confusing because not only are they reprinting the original Marvel series 10 at a time, but they're reusing the same J. Scott Campbell art for the covers as well.

If the coloring isn't any better than those of you who picked up the first set of TPB's can just wait until Volume 6 of the current run.

I was only ever able to pick up the first one, so if they're the same, which it looks like they actually are, then I'll be stoked to pick up the rest. I'd rather reread TPBs than dip into my minty fresh comics. ;)

Back