No New Sideshow INDY at Toy Fair Apparently

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull_mushroom_cloud-480x193.jpg

'Nuff said.

yeah after seeing what happened to the 1/6 lotr line no news this early in the game has me worried. i really wanted to pick up at least a jone sr. from the ss line not to mention elsa, sallah, vogel, donovan and some nazi goons

Indy never had the legs IMO. It is too bad though. At least you got Toht out of it. Thats more villainy that LOTR has to show. :monkey2

INDY may or may not have had legs (certainly nowhere near SW)... but Sideshow didn't exactly manage the license well at all. We should have had at least 2-3 figures in-hand by now, and more than 1 PF.

And where the hell is the 1:1 bust that was explicitly mentioned in the license announcement?

Bah! Another awesome property... another ball dropped.

Next up: G.I. Joe.

why are you acting like the entire license is dead just cause there may be nothing to show at Toy Fair?

why are you acting like the entire license is dead just cause there may be nothing to show at Toy Fair?

You do realize what Toy Fair is, don't you?

Sure, this doesn't mean that it's a certainty that the line is dead... but it's pretty darn significant that there is absolutely NOTHING "Indy" at all in Sideshow's Toy Fair unveiling, from all appearances. This isn't like Spooktacular. It's freakin' Toy Fair, where collectibles companies show all of the retailers and dealers their main wares for the coming year.

No INDY at SDCC this year, however, and the fat lady has indeed sung for sure. But it looks bad. Real bad.

...It's freakin' Toy Fair, where collectibles companies show all of the retailers and dealers their main wares for the coming year.

No INDY at SDCC this year, however, and the fat lady has indeed sung for sure. But it looks bad. Real bad.

Well, don't forget that SS doesn't actually attend TF anymore. Still I agree, this is 1:6 LOTR all over again.

Well, I was really hoping we'd at least get ROTLA Marion and Sallah in 1/6 before they called it a day. I know a lot of people are after a Mola Ram, but I still have a feeling we'll at least be getting a Mola Ram PF.

Sure, some people may be saying 'no announcements for a while means the line is done...', but I look at it this way, the LOTR PF line only had 2 figures, for YEARS, and now all of a sudden there are 5 more.

If LOTR can still sell PF statues with edition sizes of 750 exclusive, 1,000 regular, and Indy can sell 1,000 exclusive and nearly 3,000 regular of the ROTLA figure, I'm sure they could sell 750 exclusive, 1,000 regular of Mola Ram, Indy TOD and Henry Sr...That's what I'm hoping.

Maybe the 1/6 Indy line will be done after Toht...I hope not, but hey, as long as there are more PF's on the way...I'll be :banana

Does appear that Indy is dead at SSC.

BUT, I do think they could sell a 1:1 Indy bust at any time; movie or not.

you'll get a Mola PF & Indy 1:1 Bust at SDCC, then the fat lady will perform ... :monkey1

The fact that Indy is the only major license not mentioned in the Toy Fair announcements speaks volumes as to where things are headed.

Give me the 1:1 bust and a 1:6 Mola Ram and I'll call it a day.

:(

There should have been an announcement at ToyFair to keep with the 3-4 months between orders. Still might get one after ToyFair, but its not looking good. Couple that with what I expect to be a lot of cancellations of Belloq and a lot of harsh critiques of those in-hand...and I think SS will be moving on.

:(

There should have been an announcement at ToyFair to keep with the 3-4 months between orders. Still might get one after ToyFair, but its not looking good. Couple that with what I expect to be a lot of cancellations of Belloq and a lot of harsh critiques of those in-hand...and I think SS will be moving on.

I don't think they've moved on, I think they were never really "on" with this license in the first place. The implosion of INDY with almost all other licensees takes them off the hook, too, and it's a shame. Sideshow could have been the one licensee to do right by INDY fans and collectors.

I don't see Indy products from anyone so far. Maybe all that stuff from last year was too much too soon overboard.

Back