Oxbeard's collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbeard

PF Pirate
Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just some basic overall shots.

Last edited:
Part 4

That's all for now folks. Updated detail shots to follow eventually :D

edit --- New images coming in another thread 8/21/06

Last edited:
Nice collection there, only 2 questions where do you sleep and where do you got he replica of the Frodo costume?¿

Thanks guys. Didn't realize how daunting a task pics would be until I got started. Guess I'll try to do a shelf a day or something for more detailed pics and spread it out a little bit.

only 2 questions where do you sleep and where do you got he replica of the Frodo costume?¿

Actually the Part 4 pics are from our bedroom. 1/4 Dracula is actually displayed on the nightstand LOL.

As for the Frodo costume, that was actually my oldest son's halloween costume 2 years ago. After Halloween, I picked up a child mannequin, the UC replica One Ring on chain and Brooch. Figured it would look pretty cool in the display. Planning on adding UC Sting as some point as well, will have to research some pics though to craft the belt.

Some nice pieces for sure but you really need to clear out a lot...way too much clutter and it just looks "junky."

I don't really know what to say. There is so much stuff there! Can't see most of it, but obviously it is a room that is stuffed to the gills with, well, I don't know what. A little organization is in order to best show it all off I think. My interest is in the LOTR things, but the way it's all in that room, it's hard to see anything at all. How in th eworld do you keep the dust bunnies at bay?

As opposed to the others,I like the way your collection is displayed...People entering this room will always discover something they didnt see the last time..It look like a giant toy store...

I love the collection and I enjoyed playing FIND WALDO.

Living in earthquake country, I'd NEVER be able to display my collection like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Shaihulud said:
As opposed to the others,I like the way your collection is displayed...People entering this room will always discover something they didnt see the last time..It look like a giant toy store...

Thanks Shaihulud, I really expected a fair amount of criticism about the organization or 'clutter'. I know there are quite a few here who like 'museum like' displays. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not my cup of tea.

I have actually tried to spread things out in the past which obviously requires boxing a lot of things up. Frankly I can't stand it, I like to have everything out where I can see and enjoy it. Figure it isn't worth having if it's not displayed and once I get it, I can't stand to get the thought of getting rid of anything.

Most of the 'clutter' though comes from action figures; Hasbro, Toy-Biz, Mezco, etc. And a couple years ago I even though about just boxing those up and display the statues and busts, but in the end I can't give up the 'toys' either they are what started me collecting in the first place.

As far as dusting goes, it really isn't too bad. I just have to bite the big one every once and a while and go through dusting and checking everything.

Update 1

pa2504136of.jpg

pa2504199yy.jpg

pa2504206jf.jpg

pa2504229zb.jpg

pa2504231ro.jpg

Back