The missing accesory from SS Indy PF - 1/4 Scale Sandbag!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serenade

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey mates!

Here is my last project, a 1/4 sandbag!! Damn, it looks cool!

It's absolutely cool to see indy with it, as it gave it a more adventure look.

It features:

- Real LEATHER CORD in 1/4 scale
- Brass Eyelets in 1/4 scale
- Magnetic Fixation to the hand.

I need to put the eyelets, as I haven't received them, but will do it soon!

Photo:

dsc05472iu2.jpg

More photos soon!

Interest:
J-Wild
Indiana Fett

Last edited:
Cool! I would be very interested if you decide to offer these for sale.

Thanks!

If there's enough interest I will do a small run of this...

I have already made a run of 1:1 sandbags, this is the sandbag I made:

dsc05088to7.jpg

dsc05113jp2.jpg

I'm going to give the 1:4 sandbag all the distressing and weathering process also, as soon as I receive and put the eyelets... My Goal is to achieve the same result than in the 1:1 :banana

Will post photos of the 1/4 finished soon!

Thanks!

If there's enough interest I will do a small run of this...

Will post photos of the 1/4 finished soon!

This is AWESOME! I'd be in for one of these too! Anything to offer more 'realism' to the already outstanding statue, not to mention adding another variation on how to pose your Indy.

I'm planning on making a 1/4 'map to the Chachapoyan Temple' to go with the display as well, so the sandbag would be an extra bonus!

:gun

This is AWESOME! I'd be in for one of these too! Anything to offer more 'realism' to the already outstanding statue, not to mention adding another variation on how to pose your Indy.

I'm planning on making a 1/4 'map to the Chachapoyan Temple' to go with the display as well, so the sandbag would be an extra bonus!

Glad you like it!

I will put the details of the run when I finish this first, so we all can see the final result. Really I'm looking too to give it the best detail and realism to the figure, I'm pretty much sure working on some 1/4 "Artifacts" of raiders to go with the figure too!

Two more photos to do a little more justice to the sandbag:

dsc05486vl0.jpg

dsc05491ie9.jpg

Thanks, I have made some tweaks to it, as filling it with salt, and it's fitting great now in the hand!

Will post photos when I finish it!

If anyone is interested let me known so I can keep a list of interest.

I think it looks really cool.

The only thing that bugs me is the choice of fabric. At 1/4 scale, I think the weave texture should be much more subtle. If you're able to offer the sandbag in a slightly "smoother" fabric, I'm in for sure!

Chris

I think it looks really cool.

The only thing that bugs me is the choice of fabric. At 1/4 scale, I think the weave texture should be much more subtle. If you're able to offer the sandbag in a slightly "smoother" fabric, I'm in for sure!

Chris

That's really a good point, but it can be easily fixed by the distressing process, which involves sanding, painting and brushing, so the texture will be pretty much softened if not eliminated.

The point of this exact type of linen, is that it has properties that makes it very screen accurate to the original, regarding color and the way the fabric moves, and also, and that's the more important, makes it, a REAL sandbag, that can hold sand without big losses of particles, and that's very difficult with most of the linen, as they are very permeable, and sand is composed of very small particles.

I already saw how the texture looks on the photos and it's far worse that the real deal, but take for sure I will work on it until I have the perfect the result and method to replicate it on a run.

What you're seeing here, is a proof of concept/prototype, the final version will be even more amazing :)

Thanks for your help and support!

That's really a good point, but it can be easily fixed by the distressing process, which involves sanding, painting and brushing, so the texture will be pretty much softened if not eliminated.

The point of this exact type of linen, is that it has properties that makes it very screen accurate to the original, regarding color and the way the fabric moves, and also, and that's the more important, makes it, a REAL sandbag, that can hold sand without big losses of particles, and that's very difficult with most of the linen, as they are very permeable, and sand is composed of very small particles.

I already saw how the texture looks on the photos and it's far worse that the real deal, but take for sure I will work on it until I have the perfect the result and method to replicate it on a run.

What you're seeing here, is a proof of concept/prototype, the final version will be even more amazing :)

Thanks for your help and support!

Sounds great man. Looking forward to seeing pics of the final piece!

Thanks Sir!!

In fact it looks veeery cool now, because I filled it with salt, and it has the right shape now, looks REAL!!

I will post photos once it's done, can't wait!

Thanks Sir!!

In fact it looks veeery cool now, because I filled it with salt, and it has the right shape now, looks REAL!!

I will post photos once it's done, can't wait!

This is gonna be awesome! :)

Wait!? The one in his had is a quick reference bag, right? Or, is it that those are two different bags for different purposes? Why? 'Cause the one in his had looks toyish but, the one infront of the book looks great.

The one in front of the book is FULL SIZE 1:1.

As I mentioned previously, I think the one in the statues hand looks a bit "toyish" is because the type of fabric is not scaled correctly for the statue. It does need to be a smoother "weave texture" but serenade has said that he'll be toning the texture down with weathering.

Chris

Wait!? The one in his had is a quick reference bag, right? Or, is it that those are two different bags for different purposes? Why? 'Cause the one in his had looks toyish but, the one infront of the book looks great.

As I perviously said, I'm the maker of the 1:1 I have shown here too, but that 1:1 has gone through a hell of distressing and weathering, that this 1:4 hasn't, because I need the eyelets to ensure that I will not destroy it because of the exposed fabric in the holes...

This is a reference prototype to check the scale and how the fabric works at the scale, I will tweak the texture of the fabric, will rub off the shinny from the leather, and will make all the painting and weathering I made to the 1:1.

BTW, this is my first project at scale, I have done other props but at 1:4, so it's gonna be a funny project for me, and hope you enjoy it. Take whatever photos I put, as Prototype thing, as I want to share the process, I will clearly state it when I put the FINAL version, here :)

Thanks for the comments!

Ey! The project is going ahead, but I had a little problem and received wrong eyelets, so I'm waiting for the new ones to arrive, once done, I will post photos here! ;)

Thanks for the interest!

Back